Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: While the Kat's Away…

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Remember when Kathryn's grandmother and parents were encouraging her to go after Thomas? The family needs money, needs their daughter to marry well. Problem is, she was already a wild child, raised by those same parents. She was a drug user long before she met Thomas, long before she met Whitney. Slept with Whitney, Shep, possibly Craig (I think he confirmed it, can't remember) and in each case was hoping to get pregnant to snare a rich guy. 

At least Landon is not getting herself knocked up in order to snare a rich husband. If anyone is a manipulator in this bunch, it's Kathryn.

If Kathryn were really after Thomas just for his money, and really wanted to "trap" him into marrying her, if she's really the femme fatale folks make her out to be, then I think she'd be wily enough to treat him like a king until he makes things legal, then start nagging him about his childish, boorish behavior.  Speaking frankly to him, even yelling at him, about his godawful behavior before she's locked things down with him is hardly the behavior of a vile seducer.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

For what it's worth (not much), Thomas tweeted this morning that he lives in the guest house with his kids.

That's what I was told by my friend who knows him well. He feels it's safer for the kids, the stuff on TV is all about a scripted show to ramp up drama. Again, I don't know why he's on this show. Or his kids. He doesn't need the paycheck.

15 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

If Kathryn were really after Thomas just for his money, and really wanted to "trap" him into marrying her, if she's really the femme fatale folks make her out to be, then I think she'd be wily enough to treat him like a king until he makes things legal, then start nagging him about his childish, boorish behavior.  Speaking frankly to him, even yelling at him, about his godawful behavior before she's locked things down with him is hardly the behavior of a vile seducer.

She's not that smart. She can't stay off drugs long enough to have a coherent thought beyond grabbing what she wants for immediate and emotional gratification. She doesn't know how to play the game to the level of other more experienced women. She gets drunk or high and says/does stupid shit every day.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Not when you're the mother of two children, it's not. Not even Whitney should be expected to be more mature or have his head together than Kathryn and Thomas. They're the ones who decided to take on the responsibility of having children.

Sure, Landon was probably partying it up at Kathryn's age. Cameron's partying was even public record via Real World. However, neither one of them had children they were responsible for. Huge difference. Landon's immaturity only makes me shake my head because she's hurting no one but herself.

Yes, I judge Kathryn big time, as she wails through mascara laden tears about her babies but won't stop drinking and snorting long enough to pass a drug test. Not even scheduled ones!

Being the mother of two children doesn't automatically confer wisdom and maturity. 25 is 25. Kathryn still behaves with more maturity than Thomas, who's 30 years her senior, or Landon, a bitter old woman at 35.  As far as I know (which is probably only slightly more or less than anyone who isn't personally acquainted with the principles knows), Kathryn has been through rehab, has taken the tests required of her, and is determined to do whatever's necessary to regain custody of her children, all while under the heavy scrutiny of a judgmental public.

2 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

That's what I was told by my friend who knows him well. He feels it's safer for the kids, the stuff on TV is all about a scripted show to ramp up drama. Again, I don't know why he's on this show. Or his kids. He doesn't need the paycheck.

She's not that smart. She can't stay off drugs long enough to have a coherent thought beyond grabbing what she wants for immediate and emotional gratification. She doesn't know how to play the game to the level of other more experienced women. She gets drunk or high and says/does stupid shit every day.

I don't see her every day, so I don't know.  I also don't ever recall seeing her incoherent or seeming to be altered on the show.  That doesn't mean she wasn't, but, if she was, she remained perfectly functional throughout.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, pbutler111 said:

Being the mother of two children doesn't automatically confer wisdom and maturity. 25 is 25. Kathryn still behaves with more maturity than Thomas, who's 30 years her senior, or Landon, a bitter old woman at 35.  As far as I know (which is probably only slightly more or less than anyone who isn't personally acquainted with the principles knows), Kathryn has been through rehab, has taken the tests required of her, and is determined to do whatever's necessary to regain custody of her children, all while under the heavy scrutiny of a judgmental public.

No, she has missed scheduled drug tests. Which is why Thomas has custody. She can't seem to get her shit together. At all.

A few examples of Kathryn being drunk/high on the show:

Screaming at Thomas while running down the street in that fur coat.

Slurring her words at two parties I can remember which were shown. 

Showing up at his campaign party at Sermet's as results were coming in. She was high as a kite.

At the reunion, when she kept making faces and rolling her eyes, she was high on opioids.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

No, she has missed scheduled drug tests. Which is why Thomas has custody. She can't seem to get her shit together. At all.

Wasn't that last year?  Before rehab?

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Again, I don't know why he's on this show. Or his kids. He doesn't need the paycheck.

Um, to score more chicks? That's the original premise of this show, and even with the women additions, that is still how this thing turned out. I mean, no one ever knew about Shep Rose before his show, and sure, maybe he can already score chicks on his own in Charleston.  But this show allowed him to expand his notoriety in more places, more women to sleep with, etc. He's not even that cute, probably wouldn't have made it if he plied his trade on his own in Los Angeles, and look where he is now.

That new guy Austen didn't even bother to hide the fact that he broke up with his girlfriend so he can be on this show and get laid by different women. He knows what this show can do to an average looking guy like him. And now he can be on the prowl on NYC, LA, and all those hotspots for hot women.

Really, it's just like The Bachelor. That show made fugly men look hot and desirable to women. That's what this is doing to Thomas, Shep, etc.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

I've also seen nothing in Landon's behavior to suggest she's a bitter old woman? LOL Is she dried up too? 

Seriously??  All the catty remarks she makes, her little "private" chats with her sister (you know, in front of the cameras) about Kathryn.  I have no idea if her body's dried up, but everything else about her is puckered and bitter.

• Love 5

Whitney showing up at the pool party with long pants and a shirt with long sleeves. What is this guy a vampire or what? He always makes sure he's completely covered up. It's just weird. HE is just weird. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

Immaturity at 25 is forgivable; the same level of immaturity at 35 is not.

Never mind that that's not at all what he portrayed on the TV show.

Not  when you bring children into the world. 

Landon might be horrible (I don't really find her that bad), but Kathryn is an immature woman with drug issues, who along with Thomas (who also has issues) brought two innocent children into this mess. Landon and Kathryn are not comparable,  imo. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8
On 4/4/2017 at 4:34 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Uh, why did we see Austen's ass?

Initiation perhaps? Throwing him in the deep end, so to speak, to see if he would deliver the goods if production asked him to? 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Agree.  Which is why I have such an issue with Landon while giving Kathryn a slight pass.  Landon knowingly flirted/went after/hung out with Thomas while Kathryn was pregnant with his second child. Yet she's the delicate flower whose feelings were hurt by people talking about her??  

Don't even get me started on Thomas and his expected maturity level at 45/50/however old he is....

Kathryn and Landon were never friends, why couldn't Landon flirt/hang out with Thomas?  I find him disgusting, but are single men who happen to have a pregnant ex,  off limits to everyone or just Landon?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sonoma said:

Kathryn apparently failed another test or did not show up for one after the filming of the show. She also did not finish all of her rehab stints. And yes, she will continue to be under the heavy scrutiny of up a judgmental public (including me!) when she chooses to do a reality show drunk and drugged off her ass and crying about her two children and how unfair everyone is to her. Perhaps she should stay behind closed doors with Cooper and her Instagram fans and she won't feel the burden.

We'll have to agree to disagree because I've seen nothing in Kathryn's behavior to suggest she behaves with more maturity than Landon. Especially not with the grotesque facial expressions and spider monkey clucker movements. I find it hard to believe that anyone who watched the show last season, especially the reunion, can say that Katheryn never appeared altered and perfectly functional. She was a walking, talking mess. 

I think the best thing Kathryn could have done, if she's really serious about getting better for her kids, is to have turned down appearing in this season. That would show the most maturity in her actions and decisions, and would probably earned her some goodwill with the judges and other people who make the custody decisions. But I understand, sort of. She needs to put her word in, she needs the money, etc.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Whitney showing up at the pool party with long pants and a shirt with long sleeves. What is this guy a vampire or what? He always makes sure he's completely covered up. It's just weird. HE is just weird. 

I've always referred to him as Count Whitzalot.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I think the best thing Kathryn could have done, if she's really serious about getting better for her kids, is to have turned down appearing in this season. That would show the most maturity in her actions and decisions, and would probably earned her some goodwill with the judges and other people who make the custody decisions. But I understand, sort of. She needs to put her word in, she needs the money, etc.

I think Kathryn thinks she's "vindicated" whenever she has some crazy on-screen meltdown. At least based on the talking heads, reunions, WWHL appearances, SM, interviews, it seems like every time viewers are like, "Whaaaaat? This B is crazy!" She comes out saying, "See. I was right!" T-Rav does the exact same thing. I think they continue this cycle because they genuinely think that THIS time, my point will be validated. Um, no. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

She needs the money.

1 hour ago, imjagain said:

Kathryn and Landon were never friends, why couldn't Landon flirt/hang out with Thomas?  I find him disgusting, but are single men who happen to have a pregnant ex,  off limits to everyone or just Landon?

In that situation, one would think he'd be unattractive to potential suitors.  Landon can flirt/talk to whoever she likes but then she shouldn't complain when people talk about her.  She can't have it both ways.  It's her hypocrisy that's grating, carping that Kathryn's looking for a sugar daddy while she has and is doing the same.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

For what it's worth (not much), Thomas tweeted this morning that he lives in the guest house with his kids.

Thomas tweets weird shit. Months ago, he posted something about how he was not "allowed" (by SC producers, he's implying) to put up his Christmas tree until a certain period of time, and he was frustrated that his kids didn't get to enjoy the tree. Or something like that.

• Love 2

My favorite scenes are with Patricia.  The image of her sitting around in her mansion, in all her grande dame glory, summoning Michael the butler - while gossiping and dishing it out.  Sure, she's a snob, an elitist, but she's like the ideal "supporting character" for this kind of show.  Get out of the way, Mama Joyce!

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Thomas tweets weird shit. Months ago, he posted something about how he was not "allowed" (by SC producers, he's implying) to put up his Christmas tree until a certain period of time, and he was frustrated that his kids didn't get to enjoy the tree. Or something like that.

And the funny thing about that is the tree was in the main house,. He could have put one up in the guest house where the kids live.

• Love 3

I think my thing is that both Kathryn and Thomas are vile creatures and they should equally be held accountable for her actions.  Thomas has recently been hanging out with a very young girl in her  early (barely) 20's who doesn't have the best reputation with cocaine and various other drugs. This girl has been in the main house. This girl has spent the night in his house while he had custody of the children. I am not saying that Kathryn isn't doing the same, but I feel like he needs to equally be held accountable. I think if Thomas was given a drug test "truthfully" and a legitimate one at that, he would fail it in a heartbeat. 

Thomas is out doing the exact same thing Kathryn is or was doing, yet he has no consequences. He might have a beautiful house, but children are way more important than any house. Put that house on the market and get a house that is kid friendly and allow yourself to raise them on your own. He needs to show he is better than Kathryn, because at this moment, he is just showing that he has a lot of money to pay off lawyers and judges to get what he wants. 

I also believe that's Thomas enjoys pushing buttons as much as Kathryn does. I am not sticking up for Kathryn whenever I say this, but she is young, dumb, and jealous with very little experience in order to know to respond and just simply live. Kathryn's biggest issue is that she is bitter and can't let it go. She seems Thomas out doing the exact same thing she is doing, yet no one is criticizing him other than saying he is an idiot and it is typical TRav. She knows he still likes his drugs and alcohol, but he can manipulate situations so that he comes off looking peachy. People overlook his mistakes as it is just him being him. Kathryn makes the same mistakes and her kids get taken away from her and placed in custody with the other parent doing the exact same thing.  Kathryn needs to learn to shut up and sit back. What is coming to Thomas will eventually come. She just isn't smart about how to take care of matters and let's her crazy show. 

• Love 21
On April 4, 2017 at 9:45 AM, iloveit said:

Good for Craig for finding non-drinking hobbies.  If he passes the bar and actually becomes a lawyer, he will have redeemed himself. 

I agree. Craig seems to have good instincts and a work ethic but he failed to apply them in a critical situation (finishing law school). I admire his cooking and carpentry skills, and doubt any of the other guys could do either nearly as well. Don't understand why he doesn't make the effort to pass the bar and then ok, if he doesn't want to practice law, at least he's accomplished that and can put it on a resume. He seems like the kind of guy who could do mediation well. No matter how annoying he can be at times, I find him likable and wish him well. He and Naomi are cute together and I also hope that their relationship lasts.

While Shep was on target in describing Craig's poseur personality, it still cracks me up that Shep is in such competition with Craig and doesn't seem to realize it.

• Love 7

Craig has no job and Naomi is going to school.

So of course they have a Porsche.  Probably leased by the show to play up the supposedly elite circle.

Austen lives paycheck to paycheck but brags he has a nicer car than Shep.

As for Shep getting into Craig's business with law school, that's probably the story line the producers wanted, to generate some friction and drama.

Most of them don't socialize together regularly.  Some don't even live in Charleston when the show isn't filming. So they're going to have fake get togethers for the show.  Since what's his name is gone, will they still do the ball or just replace with something else.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, scrb said:

Most of them don't socialize together regularly.  Some don't even live in Charleston when the show isn't filming. So they're going to have fake get togethers for the show.  Since what's his name is gone, will they still do the ball or just replace with something else.

That's my understanding from my friend who is a friend of Shep's. It's like most of the Bravo franchises (save for Vanderpump Rules--those idiots seem like they really do hang out together off-camera). YMMV.

Apropos of nothing, but my dog really hates Landon (or more appropriately, I suppose, he hates her voice). When she starts talking, he leaves the room until he's sure we're watching something else. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Shep's a wasp and true wasps drive their cars forever. So goes the saying money talks, wealth whispers.

I noticed that with his choice of house to buy.  On a show called Southern Charm, it has no charm whatsoever, but I'll bet it's a good investment and just about right for a perpetual bachelor who has his parents' country houses if he wants gorgeous surroundings.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I noticed that with his choice of house to buy.  On a show called Southern Charm, it has no charm whatsoever, but I'll bet it's a good investment and just about right for a perpetual bachelor who has his parents' country houses if he wants gorgeous surroundings.

He built the house, I am pretty certain he is just waiting for the neighborhood to improve enough to sell it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, acid burn said:

That's my understanding from my friend who is a friend of Shep's. It's like most of the Bravo franchises (save for Vanderpump Rules--those idiots seem like they really do hang out together off-camera). YMMV.

Apropos of nothing, but my dog really hates Landon (or more appropriately, I suppose, he hates her voice). When she starts talking, he leaves the room until he's sure we're watching something else. 

The only friendship on the show I've ever really bought is Cameran and Shep. Shep just lights up around her in a way he doesn't around other people.

Still can't believe we're on season 4. I remember season 1 we were wondering if the show would survive, and being relieved when it did.

Austen looks like a mix of Shep, Craig, and the "other" Manning brother in my opinion.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

The only friendship on the show I've ever really bought is Cameran and Shep. Shep just lights up around her in a way he doesn't around other people.

I agree but it's funny because they didn't know each other until they were cast on the show. She or Cam talks about how they instantly hit off at the dinner that occurred for the cast to meet.

Cam and Patricia actually seem to hangout when not filming, they post on IG and Cam's husband even occasionally appears.

• Love 1
On 4/3/2017 at 11:57 PM, breezy424 said:

Crap.  Putting your children in your guest house with a nanny because you don't want your expensive rugs or furniture to be damaged?  WTF?  How about taking the responsibility of being a father seriously and moving your expensive furniture and rugs to the guest house and put the 'cheaper' stuff in the main house so your children can feel that they actually have a loving parent.  What a piece of crap.

That's pretty much all I got because I couldn't move on from that scene and Trav's comments.

And you're surprised? I, for one, am not shocked one bit. LOL. 

12 hours ago, scrb said:

Most of them don't socialize together regularly.  Some don't even live in Charleston when the show isn't filming. So they're going to have fake get togethers for the show.  

I surprised to hear them all say on this episode that they haven't seen each other in months. They definitely don't socialize regularly. 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:34 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

What's going on with Count Chocula?  He's not still gonna be parading around the fake girlfriend to us, is he?  Oh please.

Word on the street is the foreign lady friend's contract is up...

19 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Thomas does most of his social media posting while under the influence of whatever substance he's ingesting at that time, and usually deletes it once he sobers up/his lawyers tell him to cut the crap.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:28 AM, lunastartron said:

By virtue of her youth alone, Kathryn has a chance to rectify her propensity for self-destruction. Landon? Not so much. Thomas? Absolutely zero.  

If I wasn't at work, I'd give you a standing ovation for your post, Luna. Spot-on analysis that I only cut down for reposting purposes :)

What disgusted me the most out of that delightful disaster of an episode last night was Thomas, clearly wasted and hitting on 20-year-olds at the pool party, going on about how much he cares about his kids, doesn't want them to ever get taken away, etc. Hey, dude, how about cooling it with the partying and actually spending time with them? He's the epitome of "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." I've heard that Thomas went out partying with Kathryn right before the "surprise" drug test, knowing she'd fail. How everyone in the cast turns their blinders on to his behavior while castigating Kathryn in the same breath will never fail to piss me off.

Something about Landon's face looked different to me. She looks good in her talking heads, but throughout the episode, I thought she looked tired and old.

In the 'this season on' package, is that Danni who falls to the floor and requires an ambulance?

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Alison said:

What disgusted me the most out of that delightful disaster of an episode last night was Thomas, clearly wasted and hitting on 20-year-olds at the pool party, going on about how much he cares about his kids, doesn't want them to ever get taken away, etc. Hey, dude, how about cooling it with the partying and actually spending time with them? He's the epitome of "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." I've heard that Thomas went out partying with Kathryn right before the "surprise" drug test, knowing she'd fail. How everyone in the cast turns their blinders on to his behavior while castigating Kathryn in the same breath will never fail to piss me off.

It amused me (well, maybe it shouldn't have, but heck, this is a trash reality show anyway), about how Cam was like "I'm glad you're stepping up to the plate as a father", and the next scene was, or the scene before that was Thomas telling a young lady to disrobe and go topless.

I hope the people in charge of the custody decisions are watching this show and sees that Thomas isn't any better than Kathryn is. Those kids deserve better parents - both father and mother. 

3 hours ago, Alison said:

In the 'this season on' package, is that Danni who falls to the floor and requires an ambulance?

Yes, that was Danni. There was a news article posted months ago about how she was rushed to the hospital. But ended up nothing serious.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I surprised to hear them all say on this episode that they haven't seen each other in months. They definitely don't socialize regularly. 

That stood out to me too.  Like really? You guys can't even pretend you are somewhat friends outside of the show??? lol

I thought most of them were connected one way or another for the first season.

27 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I hope the people in charge of the custody decisions are watching this show and sees that Thomas isn't any better than Kathryn is.

All they'll see is someone on a scripted TV show, he can show them his call sheets which indicate what he's supposed to do that day, what type of conversations to have, etc. Drug tests and testimony from real life people who work with them daily are what the judges go by.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I thought most of them were connected one way or another for the first season.

From what I know, Whitney was friends with Thomas, Shep and Craig, but the latter three didn't know each other before the show. JD and Thomas are friends too, but eventually JD got reduced to a bit player. Heh. 

Then when Bravo told Whitney he had to add women to the show, he added Cameran, as he's already friends with her. I don't know about that girl who disappeared after Season 1. 

• Love 2

Landon is annoying as hell.  Leave it to her to claim that she deserved an apology from Shep because he didn't have feelings for her.  

I actually find Craig nearly as annoying as Landon.  If he would simply admit that he doesn't want to be a lawyer, that would be a step in the right direction.  He seems to resent Shep for being a trust fund baby, but also likes the perks of being friends with trust fund babies. I like that he's discovered wood working, but it would be nice if he got a job.

Kathryn Kathryn Kathryn.  She lost all my sympathy when she decided to have two children.  I could cheer her on if she was honest about her situation.  It appears she continues to have a drug problem, but goes on t.v. and acts like all is zen in her world.  I must have been sleeping under a rock, because I did not realize her kids had been taken from her.  The whole situation is just tragic.  Thomas is clueless, but I don't think he'd let those children ever be placed in jeopardy.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Alison said:

Something about Landon's face looked different to me. She looks good in her talking heads, but throughout the episode, I thought she looked tired and old.

I thought so as well. While it's cool that she's into lots of outdoor activities, it seems she has not used sunscreen and the damage is beginning to show.

• Love 3

Did I read that Landon had some sort of speech problem? If so, her speech therapist really botched the job.  She has the most annoying voice quality and inflection that my South Carolina ears have ever heard. 

Who reacts to a flower the way she did? I felt a little sorry for Thomas. He had it hidden and presented it with a kiss hello. She says thank youuuuuuuuuuuu and for future reference I like orchids. What a bitch.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Alison said:

If I wasn't at work, I'd give you a standing ovation for your post, Luna. Spot-on analysis that I only cut down for reposting purposes :)

Yup, I call it "fake family man." 

1 hour ago, Sonoma said:

Not sure if it makes a difference but Landon was not upset with Shep because he didn't reciprocate her feelings for him.  She's upset that he told her nothing would change between them as friends but then started avoiding her.

Yup, I think that's what upset her. What's up with Cameron? She's well-meaning but she gives horrible advice! You don't just tell your friend to "go for it, tell him how you feel!" in a situation like that when you don't even know if the feelings are mutual! 

• Love 1
On 4/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, politichick said:

More important, Shep is wealthy and can afford to be lazy. If I were Naomie I'd be worried unless she has some ulterior motives for staying with Craig, like having a boy toy while she finishes her education and then when she's done with that she'll be done with his no-account ass, too. 

People get annoyed with Shep because of his disdain for Craigand how hard he is on him, but I think he's just super disappointed that Craig, whom I think he genuinely cares for, doesn't follow through on things, quits/gets fired and tries to keep up with the Joneses when he doesn't have a pot to piss in. He has no ambition. The people on this show who can actually afford to not work actually work and the broke ones, Blandon and Craig, don't. 

I don't think that's it. I think he sees Craig as a poser, a wannabe, someone who tries to be someone that he (Shep) actually IS. And it annoys him. On a level that I personally find unnecessary. It's obvious Shep is not really his friend. Shep can't stand Craig. 

• Love 3

I am always shocked that there are real Kathryn supporters. Did you watch from Season One? This girl, barely out of her teens, set her sights on all of the richest men of the cast and proceeded to sleep with them in a two week period to see who "stuck".  It wasn't going to be eternal-playboy Shep or Mama's Boy Whitney so she zeroed in on Mr. Ravenel. (And I am not slut-shaming. I don't care if she slept with ten guys in two weeks. It is the way the whole thing went down-that she was trying to get pregnant, and only by wealthy men.)

She was very calculated in everything she did. And no, I don't think Thomas is innocent! But why the hell was a 21 year old girl trying to get pregnant-not once but twice-by a 50 year old man?? Once she actually had the babies she realized that she was missing out on the fun, partying days of her youth and so decided she would stay right in that place and put the kids on her back burner. Life doesn't work that way Kathryn you idiot.

It is disgusting that she is still choosing drugs over her children. They will have real emotional scars from all of this. The girl has serious mental health issues. Seeing her pouting and posing on Instagram and hearing her "fans" gush over her is repellent. They are okay with the fact that she has lost full custody of BABIES due to drugging?! No words.

• Love 12
On April 5, 2017 at 9:38 AM, pbutler111 said:

Immaturity at 25 is forgivable; the same level of immaturity at 35 is not.

You have a point there.  I was shocked when Landon said she was 35

I think most of these people suck.  I wonder if any of these folks would be as wealthy as they, are if their ancestors had to actually pay the people who did their shit work for them, meaning their slaves.  

So much for Southern gentlemen.

On April 5, 2017 at 0:05 AM, pbutler111 said:

Kathryn isn't a "mother", she's a mother.

Gee, forgive me for making a mistake, didn't know you loved Kathryn so much.

• Love 2
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I am always shocked that there are real Kathryn supporters. Did you watch from Season One? This girl, barely out of her teens, set her sights on all of the richest men of the cast and proceeded to sleep with them in a two week period to see who "stuck".  It wasn't going to be eternal-playboy Shep or Mama's Boy Whitney so she zeroed in on Mr. Ravenel. (And I am not slut-shaming. I don't care if she slept with ten guys in two weeks. It is the way the whole thing went down-that she was trying to get pregnant, and only by wealthy men.)

She was very calculated in everything she did. And no, I don't think Thomas is innocent! But why the hell was a 21 year old girl trying to get pregnant-not once but twice-by a 50 year old man?? Once she actually had the babies she realized that she was missing out on the fun, partying days of her youth and so decided she would stay right in that place and put the kids on her back burner. Life doesn't work that way Kathryn you idiot.

It is disgusting that she is still choosing drugs over her children. They will have real emotional scars from all of this. The girl has serious mental health issues. Seeing her pouting and posing on Instagram and hearing her "fans" gush over her is repellent. They are okay with the fact that she has lost full custody of BABIES due to drugging?! No words.

One of Kathryn's biggest boosters on the internet just sort of gave up on her. There's some serious shit in here. And while Thomas is no saint, I kind of understand now why the other castmates praise him for "stepping up" for their children. Kathryn seems to be in a deep, deep, dark spiral:

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/05/kathryn-calhoun-dennis-situation-is-dire-thomas-ravenel-admits-he-bought-her-an-engagement-ring/

From official court records, it seems that Kathryn missed mandatory drug tests, court appearances, etc. She didn't go to rehab like she was supposed to. She was even ordered to pay Thomas' legal fees because she caused the situation to mount to what it is now. Will she be able to pay? Who knows? But maybe that's why she just can't quit the show. Sure, the show needs her, but still, if she's serious about getting better for her children, she would stay away.

And how true that Thomas also ordered an engagement ring after their first kid was born so they could get married? Isn't that what Kathryn wanted all along? But it seems like even that part she screwed up.

Poor, poor children.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4

Wow, even returning her children dirty and with matted hair?? She completely hit rock bottom as a parent, very scary for those kids! I hope she is able to turn her life around but it is hard to feel sympathy for her. Again, she CHOSE to be a parent at 22 (even knowing herself and that she loved to party). She didn't have an "oops" pregnancy-she deliberately tried to get pregnant. Remember how she lied and told Thomas the pregnancy test said "error"? She was shady from the start and I was always fascinated by her boldness. I did not know any girls like her at age 21. We wouldn't have gone near a 50 year old man!

Kathryn's family background must be rather interesting. How did she end up like this and why was her "granny" fully on board when she said she was sleeping with a 50 year old in hopes of getting knocked up? That was truly......bizarre. The Dennis family may have many skeletons.....

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

She didn't have an "oops" pregnancy-she deliberately tried to get pregnant. Remember how she lied and told Thomas the pregnancy test said "error"? She was shady from the start and I was always fascinated by her boldness. I did not know any girls like her at age 21. We wouldn't have gone near a 50 year old man!

Thomas and Kathryn both discussed that they weren't using any kind of birth control pre-Kensie which was stupid on both their parts. I can only imagine the STD cluster in Charleston.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

You have a point there.  I was shocked when Landon said she was 35

I think most of these people suck.  I wonder if any of these folks would be as wealthy as they, are if their ancestors had to actually pay the people who did their shit work for them, meaning their slaves.  

So much for Southern gentlemen.

Gee, forgive me for making a mistake, didn't know you loved Kathryn so much.

I don't have to love Kathryn to recognize her as a mother.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, pbutler111 said:

I don't have to love Kathryn to recognize her as a mother.

So far it seems all Kathryn did was physically give birth to her children.  Hopefully that will change in the future and she'll really BE a mother.

• Love 5
Just now, Neurochick said:

So far it seems all Kathryn did was physically give birth to her children.  Hopefully that will change in the future and she'll really BE a mother.

We only see what we're shown. So far, there's been nothing on the show to suggest that Kathryn is anything other than a good and caring mother.  If she's ever abused or neglected her children, it's certainly never been portrayed on camera, and I don't even think Thomas has ever said she's anything other than a good mother.