Type keyword(s) to search

Steve and Justin's Story Pt 1 LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

And when have you been in pain that couldn't describe if it was stabbing, aching, burning, etc. 

Why.... why am I still watching this?? I think WE are the ones who needs the pain meds at this point. How does oxy mix with gasoline soaked undies?? 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

It seems I have to go thru hoops each month to get my pain med filled.  I understand why but it drives me nuts when the druggies can walk right in & get theirs. I guess his government insurance doesn't require a prior auth like my private insurance  (which I pay a big chunk of) does which holds things up & can take days.   ......stepping down from my soapbox now.

I can tell you, beginning in January of this year, more and more of the Medicaid plans (at least in Ohio) are requiring prior authorization for narcotics. Things are changing. Slowly, but they are changing.

• Love 3

I really hope this isn't out of line to say, but the.... "codeswitching"?..... he does when talking to black people kind of squicks me out, considering he isn't black himself. Like, ok, he had his little cutesy, casual way he spoke with Princess, fine, they have been really close for several months. But he slipped straight into that same voice with the two male nurses who came in to tend to him and his layyg, and I realized at that point that, dare I say, it sounded a lot like a white person doing an impression of a black person....? 

Edited by AllisonWonderland
  • Love 10
Just now, AllisonWonderland said:

I really hope this isn't out of line to say, but the.... "codeswitching" he does when talking to black people kind of squicks me out, considering he isn't black himself. Like, ok, he had his little cutesy, casual way he spoke with Princess, fine, they have been really close for several months. But he slipped straight into that same voice with the two male nurses who came in to tend to him and his layyg, and I realized at that point that, dare I say, it sounded a lot like a white person doing speaking doing an impression of a black person....? 

I definitely think he plays "characters" with everyone he has come into contact with, and there certainly seems to be a very stereotypical "switch" he makes around black people.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, AllisonWonderland said:

I really hope this isn't out of line to say, but the.... "codeswitching" he does when talking to black people kind of squicks me out, considering he isn't black himself. Like, ok, he had his little cutesy, casual way he spoke with Princess, fine, they have been really close for several months. But he slipped straight into that same voice with the two male nurses who came in to tend to him and his layyg, and I realized at that point that, dare I say, it sounded a lot like a white person doing speaking doing an impression of a black person....? 

I noticed that too. I just wanted to slap him upside the head. 

• Love 1
Just now, Awfarmington said:

If he were in prison, that would be considered a shank. 

Maybe that's why everyone is scared of him. I would be scared of the disease that would come from being cut with that thing.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AllisonWonderland said:

So you heard it as well? Ok because my husband claims I'm hypersensitive to micro racism. I see you Steven.

• Love 3

At last! The long-dreamed-of crossover episode of Intervention and My 600-lb Life! Let's see what happens when you have both Dr. Now and Jeff VanVonderen on your ass at the same time!

• Love 14

Dr. Now is so onto Justin, Steven, and I think he had to fire Justin Steven as a patient and refer him to drug rehab.

So we end on more empty words from addict/manipulator Justin. Steven. He thinks drug rehab will be a "waste of time." 

Probably.

Edited by Jeeves
I got the brothers' names mixed up. Not surprising since I've been so shocked and appalled by this episode, I'm not sure what MY name is. Sheesh!
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Haenim said:

Drug rehab won't buy him 6 pizzas everyday.

And they usually cut off phone communication with family/enablers.  Good luck verbally abusing your dad into ordering long distance pizza for ya.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, AnnaBanana said:

And they usually cut off phone communication with family/enablers.  Good luck verbally abusing your dad into ordering long distance pizza for ya.

Yep, don't they take all your devices away? How will he live without his iPad?

• Love 1