Type keyword(s) to search

The Riverdale Poll: Who Killed Jason Blossom?

desdemona
  • Start Topic

The Riverdale Poll: Who Killed Jason Blossom?   POLL CLOSED

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who killed Jason Blossom?

• Archie
    • Betty
    • Jughead
    • Veronica
    • Reggie
    • Cheryl
    • One or both of Betty's parents
    • One or both of Jason's parents
    • Fake Miss Grundy
    • Someone else (talk about it in the comments)

As it stands, the suspect list for Jason's murder is both exhaustive and none existent. It could be anyone, or no one. Is he even dead? Has he returned? Is his face in Cheryl's dream? That last episode raises many questions and possibilities. However, we must entertain the idea that this series exists on the premise that it is a 'whodunnit' show. so, without further adieu, the nominees are.....

Veronica Lodge: Not my favourite suspect. Lacks a motive (so far, anyway), and it doesn't seem in her nature. Then again, when is it ever the murderers obvious nature. Jason dies not long after Veronica and Hermione arrive in Riverdale. Coincidences happen. Sometimes they don't....

Hal Cooper: The latest episode offers a plethora of motives; bad blood between the Blossoms and the Coopers runs for generations. Hal is not going to be thrilled at the idea of his sweet daughter, Polly, becoming tainted with Blossom blood. How far will Hal go to prevent the tragic Romeo and Juliet Romance from 'blossoming' (excuse the pun). Polly was indeed a conquest for Jason..her name featuring in the dreaded 'book' found in the boys locker rooms. How hurt was she? What will daddy do to defend his daughters honour? Vengeance is a strong motivator in the land of slashers and whodunnits. Revenge is a key motive, bringing us to our next suspect....

Polly Cooper: Is she really getting better? Is she even where her family say she is? Her very absence gives her a lot of presence, in the sense that she is the driving force behind many of the characters who either fiercely adore her, or fiercely loathe her. Did she kill Jason in a fit of rage after finding out about the prank played on her. Is she really in hiding to avoid prosecution and being defended by her parents? It would definitely explain why Betty cannot see her. 

Cheryl Blossom: One of my favourite theories is the idea that Cheryl and Jason had such a strong relationship, she could not bear the thought of Jason having another woman in his life (Polly). They have been through their whole lives having each other as a go to and comforter whilst living with parents that make Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia seem angelic. The thought of living in a world where she is not Jasons main lady has the potential to instill murderous jealousy in her. Not only has Polly stolen her twin, she inherits the Blossom family ring that Jason proposes with. She certainly steps on Cheryls toes. Is this enough to kill Jason? Well, you know what they say...killing the loved ones and watching them live without them causes greater suffering than anything else. If she couldn't have Jason to herself, no-one could. I also like those who toy with the idea of Twincest... they are certainly close siblings. Does it teeter into uncomfortable territory? Who knows. 

Archikins: The squeaky clean, Mr Perfect of the series has to have a flaw at some point. Besides being the most bland character going (which is impressive, who actually makes an affair with a teacher boring?), we haven't had much else from him. He's the music playing, football playing, all around good guy, who has not so scandalous affairs on the side. He breaks Betty's heart as the series opens, letting her know she is just a friend. He changes over the summer to a massive extent. He cuts off Jug, distances himself and writes songs about Jason later on. Is this his conscience sneaking up on him? Did Jason see Archie and Grundy that hot summers day? Did Archie have to silence Jason later on? Those muscles that appear over summer? Did they help him overpower Jason? Was he defending the honour of his best friends family after learning about how Jason treated Polly? Is he annoyed that he looked like Jason? Can we make Archie interesting?

• Love 1

Yea, after this latest ep, I'm thinking that maybe someone was trying to kill Archie and got Jason instead. I thought at first that maybe Archie was going to be related to Jason/Cheryl, but now I'm thinking he's not, but that the killer mistook Jason for Archie. Plus that would tie Archie into the mystery/horror element of the show, which really needs to happen.

(edited)
On 2/24/2017 at 4:40 PM, desdemona said:

He was hoping to disappear and fake his own death. We can't discredit anything. Who says this isn't an elaborate plot

He could have always paid off a medical examiner to say that the fake rubber body was his. Or there could be a triplet that the Blossoms never acknowledged because he was "off." I don't know, after the shit Pretty Little Liars pulled where there were actual bodies seen yet people still came back alive I don't dismiss anything.

I'm leaning towards the idea that the fake Grundy's abusive ex-husband killed Jason because he thought he was Archie.

Edited by methodwriter85

@desdemona, can you add a poll to this thread? If you do (or if you don't) my vote is for Fake Ms. Grundy. It would explain why her character was introduced and then disappeared. It would also be an additional reason for Grundy not wanting any hint to get out that even just Archie was at the lake that day. 

• Love 3

As of right now, Hal, he's telling too many unnecessary lies, he never did answer Betty's question and he's unaccounted for during the break in to the Sheriff's house and the burning of Jason's car.  Also I'm pretty sure it was implied that Betty learned how to break into stuff from him.  

• Love 2

Is there anyone else who should be in the poll besides the folks listed in the first post and Fake Miss Grundy?  I'll go ahead and set one up if we know who we want in it.

I'm sticking with my long-held theory that Jason is Cheryl's identical twin. Polly's baby is her father's, and she is in denial. Jason told her father the truth, that "he" could not father a child, and guessed the rest, which caused Cooper to kill Jason.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

I'm sticking with my long-held theory that Jason is Cheryl's identical twin. Polly's baby is her father's, and she is in denial. Jason told her father the truth, that "he" could not father a child, and guessed the rest, which caused Cooper to kill Jason.

I really don't think I understand any of what you are trying to say (too many ambiguous pronouns), but since the Blossoms have been in Riverdale for ages, I'm sure everybody would know if Jason was born female.

Polly seems off to me. I'd be satisfied if she's the killer. I could give or take a multiple personalities/she doesn't even know she did it "twist."

(That would also work for Cheryl, but I love her and want her to stay out of jail and in everybody else's lives.)

• Love 1

As of 4/13, several characters have been accused within the show of potentially having killed Jason, which probably means they couldn't have done it.

Cheryl now has been accused by Veronica of killing Jason for twincest/Polly-jealousy related reasons.

The theory has been floated that Hiram Lodge did it to get revenge for whatever role Clifford might have had in getting him jailed.

Hal Cooper has been called out, but then was even dismissed as a possibility by Alice.

Polly Cooper was accused of killing Jason by Cheryl.

And Sheriff Keller apparently suspected Jughead enough to ask him for an alibi for the entire week that Jason had disappeared.

There are probably others I am not remembering. Maybe Fake Ms. Grundy?

Other possible suspects that haven't been called out:

FP/Joaquin/Serpents - Because they gave Jason a bunch of dope to sell and he apparently didn't. (Why Jason would need to/want to sell dope to raise money doesn't really make sense, as he's wealthy.)

A member of the Blossom board of directors - Jason's murder apparently somehow has put the Blossom business in a position where it is ripe to be taken over. (Yeah, doesn't make sense, but let's go with it). If you are looking for who benefits from Jason Blossom's murder, people who might 

I'm starting to think Ethel. There's a strange vibe to a lot of her scenes that I can't quite explain. And she's slowly coming from the background into the foreground. I'm not a comics fan but from what I've heard, Ethel has a crush on Jughead and it even includes a shrine? So what if that was transferred to Jason in Riverdale, she goes nuts when he plans to leave with Polly, and Ethel kills him? 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

As of 4/13, several characters have been accused within the show of potentially having killed Jason, which probably means they couldn't have done it.

Cheryl now has been accused by Veronica of killing Jason for twincest/Polly-jealousy related reasons.

The theory has been floated that Hiram Lodge did it to get revenge for whatever role Clifford might have had in getting him jailed.

Hal Cooper has been called out, but then was even dismissed as a possibility by Alice.

Polly Cooper was accused of killing Jason by Cheryl.

And Sheriff Keller apparently suspected Jughead enough to ask him for an alibi for the entire week that Jason had disappeared.

There are probably others I am not remembering. Maybe Fake Ms. Grundy?

Other possible suspects that haven't been called out:

FP/Joaquin/Serpents - Because they gave Jason a bunch of dope to sell and he apparently didn't. (Why Jason would need to/want to sell dope to raise money doesn't really make sense, as he's wealthy.)

A member of the Blossom board of directors - Jason's murder apparently somehow has put the Blossom business in a position where it is ripe to be taken over. (Yeah, doesn't make se

and

56 minutes ago, loki567 said:

I'm starting to think Ethel. There's a strange vibe to a lot of her scenes that I can't quite explain. And she's slowly coming from the background into the foreground. I'm not a comics fan but from what I've heard, Ethel has a crush on Jughead and it even includes a shrine? So what if that was transferred to Jason in Riverdale, she goe nuts when he plans to leave with Polly, and Ethel kills him? 

Again, per Madelaine Petsch's interview, the revelation "devastates Cheryl and ruins her life" and she "goes crazy in the finale". Ergo it has to be a Blossom, no one else would affect her in that manner. Additionally most of the other potential suspects either

Spoiler

appear in the finale at the Jubilee, after the killer is revealed or have been eliminated as suspects. There were no Blossoms seen filming at the Jubilee nor any Kellers. FP wasn't there, but Juggie is, strolling arm and arm with Betty, chatting happily with all the Coopers, smiling with beatific besottery. Eliminated Jones and Coopers

14 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

^I think that's decent reasoning, but on the other hand, finding out the killer was Fake Ms. Grundy (or whoever) could devastate Cheryl too, depending on the killer's motive and so on so  forth. 

And "ruin her life"? I don't think so---Jason's already dead, so learning that it was "pervy Grody Grundy" or a "filthy, common Cooper/Hobo Dad/Lodge" would actually all make her feel vindicated and justified in her hatred. It's gonna be a Blossom

The thing that always trips me up is that Jason wasn't just shot, he was kept prisoner somewhere for a week and tortured first. I favor Nana Blossom as a dark-horse suspect, but since we don't know much about her dementia, it's hard to frame. Maybe we'll learn more through Polly's sleuthing.

I'm going out on a limb and saying it was Jughead and here is why. He is writing this whole story and trying to pinpoint the killing on everyone else in the town. It makes it look like he is out of the picture in some way. In the long run it could just come down to him.

• Love 2

actually it would be pretty funny if the whole season was him writing his confession at the police station and all of this is explaining why he chose to confess, because it is better to be in jail than deal with all the angsty crap going on in Riverdale. haha

• Love 5

I still hold onto the theory that everything we are watching is just a 'loosely based on real events' story that Jughead is writing on his laptop. We are actually watching his novel. Maybe Jason isn't really dead...

I do like the idea that has been presented that maybe Jason was killed accidentally by Mrs Grundy's abusive husband. The husband knew his wife was sleeping with a redhead, he just grabbed the wrong redhead. I know it's a copout but I'm not too sure I want to see any of these characters disappear by going to gaol.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, maxineofarc said:

The thing that always trips me up is that Jason wasn't just shot, he was kept prisoner somewhere for a week and tortured first. I favor Nana Blossom as a dark-horse suspect, but since we don't know much about her dementia, it's hard to frame. Maybe we'll learn more through Polly's sleuthing.

Which is why I peg a Blossom, too. I like Nana Rose as my "classic Scooby Doo villain". And her motive would be crazee, evil, he was leaving to marry a filthy, common Cooper, etc...

5 hours ago, Irish Lass said:

I'm going out on a limb and saying it was Jughead and here is why. He is writing this whole story and trying to pinpoint the killing on everyone else in the town. It makes it look like he is out of the picture in some way. In the long run it could just come down to him.

He's a core four, talk about for his story arc in season 2, has already been cleared in the companion comics, hard to have him narrating subsequently and, again, his arrest wouldn't "devastate Shadryl and ruin her life"

1 hour ago, Bill1978 said:

I do like the idea that has been presented that maybe Jason was killed accidentally by Mrs Grundy's abusive husband. The husband knew his wife was sleeping with a redhead, he just grabbed the wrong redhead. I know it's a copout but I'm not too sure I want to see any of these characters disappear by going to gaol.

Again, wouldn't "devastate and ruin Cheryl's life". Also, whichever Blossom did this will probably go to the looney bin (or if it's Kliff or Penny in prison, we can always have a different creepy villain, they're fairly one dimensional, tho they do a nice acting job, etc)

40 minutes ago, zumpie said:

Again, wouldn't "devastate and ruin Cheryl's life".

What if Mr Grundy killed Jason on purpose cause of Jason's liaison with Mrs Grundy? Could the fact that Cheryl didn't know about Jason's relationship with Grundy be enough to devaste her. I.e. Jason kept a secret from the one person who thought was super close to him? I'm just spitballing. I just feel like there has to be more to the Grundy subplot than Archie.

• Love 1

Maybe Polly killed Jason when she found out Jason was fooling around with Faux Grundy (not a spoiler, we have no evidence this happened, just speculating). Cheryl is devastated because she grew to care about Polly as the mother of Jason's babies and because they spent time together in VC Andrews Mansion up on Spooky Hill. She thought of her as a sister and now she finds out Polly took her beloved brother away first with sex, then with a gun.

The one thing that is for sure and I think it makes the show great and us all guessing is there are so many different possibilities on who killed Jason Blossom. We can all see it on this thread here. I think it all is awesome with everyone's thoughts and feelings on who did it.

2 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

I still hold onto the theory that everything we are watching is just a 'loosely based on real events' story that Jughead is writing on his laptop. We are actually watching his novel. Maybe Jason isn't really dead...

I like this idea! Especially because Grundy was giving Jason private lessons too. Plus it explains the week-long torture. A cuckolded ex probably trying to get a confession out of him for some sort of prenup/settlement/annulment reason? Only to later find out he got the wrong redhead....idk, just as long as it doesn't reach PLL levels of absurdity with seven seasons of unsolved mystery. Ugh!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rho said:

I like this idea! Especially because Grundy was giving Jason private lessons too. Plus it explains the week-long torture. A cuckolded ex probably trying to get a confession out of him for some sort of prenup/settlement/annulment reason?

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Maybe Polly killed Jason when she found out Jason was fooling around with Faux Grundy (not a spoiler, we have no evidence this happened, just speculating). Cheryl is devastated because she grew to care about Polly as the mother of Jason's babies and because they spent time together in VC Andrews Mansion up on Spooky Hill. She thought of her as a sister and now she finds out Polly took her beloved brother away first with sex, then with a gun.

Except such torture would also make him a prime murder suspect!!!

Spoiler

Also, it's been made clear in interviews the killer isn't a one off guest or unseen character....they aren't taking the cop out. It's a Plaiderdale resident

We already know Shadryl's plotting revenge on Paulie and Paulie's Nancy Drewing. Paulie is the filthy, common Cooper who also stole her brother/man. No devastation, no ruined life. Also, Paulie has an alibi, she was locked away in the Sisters of Slut Shaming Knocked Up Teens. And had no idea Jason was dead, plus why would Paulie be spying on the Blossoms if she DID kill Jason?

1 hour ago, Bill1978 said:

What if Mr Grundy killed Jason on purpose cause of Jason's liaison with Mrs Grundy? Could the fact that Cheryl didn't know about Jason's relationship with Grundy be enough to devaste her. I.e. Jason kept a secret from the one person who thought was super close to him? I'm just spitballing. I just feel like there has to be more to the Grundy subplot than Archie.

Spoiler

Based on what they've leaked, etc....no. Grundy is dundy. However, no Blossoms OR Roscoe seen filming the Jubilee scenes

And Jason's already dead and had knocked up a filthy, common Cooper with twins----and was leaving Cheryl forever. Definitely not enough.

32 minutes ago, HariboPeach said:

I kinda wish it was Betty, since they are going to whole Dark Betty route. Obviously it wasn't, but that definitely would have been a twist!

Dark Betty isn't actually crazy or DiD, it's simply a part of Betty's personality she suppresses because she fears that side of herself. She wasn't REALLY gonna kill Chuck, she was just really grieving/freaking out about her sister at that point (and similarly, felt still overwhelmed about Archie, etc). Being with Jughead helps her recognize, open up about, accept and integrate her darker impulses, instead of suppressing them or self harming

I really think they are going to keep drumming this all up and leave it as a huge cliff hanger at the last episode of Season One to the next Season. Then once the show comes back I really think it is going to be a big downer and anticlimactic where they pin point that a Serpent(Not Jughead's Dad) and even Jughead's Dad Rats him out killed Jason Blossom. I know that would be kind of a boring ending to what they have drummed up as a huge thing, but that hook has got people to watch. Then they can move onto something else.

1 hour ago, Mazz said:

I really think they are going to keep drumming this all up and leave it as a huge cliff hanger at the last episode of Season One to the next Season. Then once the show comes back I really think it is going to be a big downer and anticlimactic where they pin point that a Serpent(Not Jughead's Dad) and even Jughead's Dad Rats him out killed Jason Blossom. I know that would be kind of a boring ending to what they have drummed up as a huge thing, but that hook has got people to watch. Then they can move onto something else.

They've already repeatedly interviewed the murderer is revealed to the audience and the town in episode 12, with the finale (episode 13) being the denouement. And, because of the "devastates Cheryl and ruins her life, so she goes crazy in the finale", it will not be Odd Serpent Dude #12. They've similarly made it clear they won't be coping out and just pinning it on someone random----it's someone they've dropped hints toward all along

5 minutes ago, zumpie said:

They've already repeatedly interviewed the murderer is revealed to the audience and the town in episode 12, with the finale (episode 13) being the denouement. And, because of the "devastates Cheryl and ruins her life, so she goes crazy in the finale", it will not be Odd Serpent Dude #12. They've similarly made it clear they won't be coping out and just pinning it on someone random----it's someone they've dropped hints toward all along

If it is then someone who devastates Cheryl it would make sense that it is one of her own parents. I just don't see it being a major character.

1 minute ago, Mazz said:

If it is then someone who devastates Cheryl it would make sense that it is one of her own parents. I just don't see it being a major character.

Oh agree absolutely, as you can see above. But we've seen them, and they've been given SOME fleshing out. Huge difference between that and generic Serpent guy. Also, why would a Serpent torture a child for a week? That's very visceral and indicates a fair amount of emotion

7 minutes ago, zumpie said:

Oh agree absolutely, as you can see above. But we've seen them, and they've been given SOME fleshing out. Huge difference between that and generic Serpent guy. Also, why would a Serpent torture a child for a week? That's very visceral and indicates a fair amount of emotion

The way this show has been going with this it will lead up to that episode where it is to be revealed and everyone will think for sure they know who did it and then bam a bomb shell hits when they reveal it. That is what I love about this show because no one really has a clue and it keeps us all guessing week to week.

5 minutes ago, Mazz said:

The way this show has been going with this it will lead up to that episode where it is to be revealed and everyone will think for sure they know who did it and then bam a bomb shell hits when they reveal it. That is what I love about this show because no one really has a clue and it keeps us all guessing week to week.

Ehhh...I think it's pretty obvious. The show does like its twists, but it's also fairly consistent in broadcasting its arcs. We'll all know soon enough which Blossom was the killer

1 minute ago, zumpie said:

Ehhh...I think it's pretty obvious. The show does like its twists, but it's also fairly consistent in broadcasting its arcs. We'll all know soon enough which Blossom was the killer

I hope you're right,but most shows especially those in there 1st Season like the  to drag these things out. Also if it is so obvious then why are there many differences of opinion just on this small little thread?

4 minutes ago, Mazz said:

I hope you're right,but most shows especially those in there 1st Season like the  to drag these things out. Also if it is so obvious then why are there many differences of opinion just on this small little thread?

Well unless every single person connected to the show is lying, I'm most assuredly correct on the reveal in 112. As to different viewpoints, I guess to each their own (and I certainly can't speak to how, what or why others form their opinions), but I follow it pretty closely and have been pretty much consistently right on major plot developments thus far.