Type keyword(s) to search

The Riverdale Poll: Who Killed Jason Blossom?

desdemona
  • Start Topic

The Riverdale Poll: Who Killed Jason Blossom?   POLL CLOSED

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who killed Jason Blossom?

• Archie
    • Betty
    • Jughead
    • Veronica
    • Reggie
    • Cheryl
    • One or both of Betty's parents
    • One or both of Jason's parents
    • Fake Miss Grundy
    • Someone else (talk about it in the comments)

1 minute ago, zumpie said:

Well unless every single person connected to the show is lying, I'm most assuredly correct on the reveal in 112. As to different viewpoints, I guess to each their own (and I certainly can't speak to how, what or why others form their opinions), but I follow it pretty closely and have been pretty much consistently right on major plot developments thus far.

I think you could be correct with one of Cheryl's parents, but I still think the show will drag it out and a twists up to the revealing moment. That is what makes viewers keep tuning in.

It has been fun discussing this with you tonight, but I have work in the morning. Have a great night.

On 4/2/2017 at 11:52 PM, secnarf said:

I really don't think I understand any of what you are trying to say (too many ambiguous pronouns), but since the Blossoms have been in Riverdale for ages, I'm sure everybody would know if Jason was born female.

The Blossoms do live in the Gothic part of town.....

Jason's dad killed him, it's the only thing that makes sense.  This has family honor killing written all over it.  It also explains why the Blossoms are in possession of the ring.  And Mr. Blossom was really happy when Cheryl said she flushed this heirloom.  Mr. Blossom was outraged over Polly, because of the long-standing feud between the Blossoms and the Coopers, and over Jason's running away from the family.  Jason was his heir, and this was the ultimate betrayal.  We already saw a foreshadowing of this with Polly and Betty's dad, wanting Polly to get an abortion because her baby had Blossom blood.  There is really no other plausible explanation for Jason's murder within the context of this back story they have laid out.  Veronica's dad ordering a hit on Jason is a real reach, and we already know now that FP is being framed, which further points the finger at Jason's dad.  This whole season they have invested a fair amount of time getting into the whole Blossom family dynamic as well, and if you pay attention to those scenes like Jason's funeral and the Blossom family gathering, to me it's the writers trying to tell us something.  It builds up the idea of Jason's importance to this family's legacy and how distraught they were that he would not fulfill it.  This is a Shakespearean tragedy, though Shakespeare would probably roll in his grave having his name associated with a cheesy nighttime soap opera.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3

I think Betty's dad Hal Cooper framed Jughead's dad with the gun.  He knew about the dinner so FP would not be in the trailer.  If Mr Cooper had the gun he probably killed Jason.  Mr Cooper is on often enough we have seen him.  But not enough that we think he is a suspect.   They love to use this type of character as the killer.  The main characters are not likely to be the killer.  They could put Betty's dad in jail and we would not miss him. 

5 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I think Betty's dad Hal Cooper framed Jughead's dad with the gun.  He knew about the dinner so FP would not be in the trailer.  If Mr Cooper had the gun he probably killed Jason.  Mr Cooper is on often enough we have seen him.  But not enough that we think he is a suspect.   They love to use this type of character as the killer.  The main characters are not likely to be the killer.  They could put Betty's dad in jail and we would not miss him. 

No Hal Cooper, see my posts and spoilers above

On 28.04.2017 at 6:49 PM, Dobian said:

This is a Shakespearean tragedy, though Shakespeare would probably roll in his grave having his name associated with a cheesy nighttime soap opera.

Shakespeare's plays weren't intended as highbrow entertainment by any measure, so he probably wouldn't mind, I wager.

• Love 4

I'm thinking Vegas the golden retriever seems a bit shifty-eyed. Also has not been featured much lately. Hmmmm...

But seriously, some good theories above. I like either Pere Blossom or Hal Cooper. I also liked the theory of a disgruntled Mr. Grundy mistaking Jason for Archie that had been posted earlier. Curious to see if they will reveal this season, or drag it into the next. After watching "The Killing" when it first aired on network TV, I no longer count on resolutions at the end of a season.

2 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

But seriously, some good theories above. I like either Pere Blossom or Hal Cooper. I also liked the theory of a disgruntled Mr. Grundy mistaking Jason for Archie that had been posted earlier. Curious to see if they will reveal this season, or drag it into the next. After watching "The Killing" when it first aired on network TV, I no longer count on resolutions at the end of a season.

No Hal, no Grundy. And also that's the ONLY series I've ever heard of where that's happened. Not sure why everyone here is convinced of all this, despite the show runner's and writers say so and all the evidence eliminating those two

On 5/2/2017 at 6:53 AM, FurryFury said:

Shakespeare's plays weren't intended as highbrow entertainment by any measure, so he probably wouldn't mind, I wager.

No, but really this show descends from the comedies rather than the tragedies. Jason's death is a plot point, after all, not really real, since we don't get to know him (in Twin Peaks the point is that there is a Laura Shaped hole left in the town and you meet Laura through getting to know the traces she left.)