Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Big Buddha Brawl

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Seriously if this is in fact true, why does Rinna need to go after Kim again, when she did so many other awful things, to other people, this season.

She's losing it.

• Love 4

Bunny, I am in Canada and the stupid, flipping CRTC will not let me watch that because of "geographical restrictions" (it's not all free heath care and Coffee Crisps in Canada, let me tell you!). Is Rinna on the chopping block? I know it's early for Christmas, but...

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Bunny, I am in Canada and the stupid, flipping CRTC will not let me watch that because of "geographical restrictions" (it's not all free heath care and Coffee Crisps in Canada, let me tell you!). Is Rinna on the chopping block? I know it's early for Christmas, but...

The only ones who might be on the block are Eileen and Eden, apparently. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

There was a scene in the howard stern bio pic that Satan Andy probably jerks off to..

Stern was a shock jock that was always in trouble with the FCC.

The higher ups took a poll to see why people listened to his program.

Half the people that listened were fans, the other half hated him and tuned to hear what he was going to say, next.

It's all about numbers?

I think LR is safe.

20 minutes ago, Jel said:

Maple syrup............what about maple syrup?   

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

There was a scene in the howard stern bio pic that Satan Andy probably jerks off to..

Half the people that listened were fans, the other half hated him and tuned to hear what he was going to say, next.

It's all about numbers?

I think LR is safe.

Remember Brandi?  It got to the point that no one wanted to film with her because she brought out the worst in everyone.  If I were LVP and Kyle I would put LR on my do not film list.  If Eileen leaves that puts the onus on Erika to be BFFs with Rinna and I don't see Erika wanting to take one for the team.  Rinna is a little like Brandi-she may have just pushed it too far and too often.  Three year contracts are up for she and Eileen. 

• Love 5

They have a much different demographic than RHBH, and I would assume sooner or later her base at QVC will be turned off by the constant FU's and middle finger

Yeah but different demographics might also mean they aren't keeping up with RHOBH and/or don't care what happens on that show...

The only ones who might be on the block are Eileen and Eden, apparently. 

Eden shouldn't be that surprising. Historically, starting out as a "Friend of" means you won't be back next season, unless you are coming back as a guest. To date, only one HW has started out as a "Friend of" and then got upgraded the next season to a full HW, and that was Brandi, of all people. Also, only one "Friend of" also returned the next season with the same status, and that was one of Kims from New Jersey, I forget which one.

So Eden's chances anyway for a return next season as anything but a guest are pretty slim.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3

Eden is just too dumb and unselfaware to play the pass the diamond game - has alienated Rinna, Kyle and Dorit, and never given LVP a reason to want her back. 

The ratings broke 3 million for the first time in years right around/after the holidays so I imagine the network would like to keep the cast as consistent as possible.

Camille said she's been asked back and the RH Insider Twitter account that accurately spoiled the entire season asserts season 8 has been slated as her comeback. 

Seems like the natural strategy if that's true would be for her to replace Eileen and add a new 7th Housewife or FOH.

• Love 3
On 3/28/2017 at 0:23 AM, AndySmith said:

Yeah but different demographics might also mean they aren't keeping up with RHOBH and/or don't care what happens on that show...

Eden shouldn't be that surprising. Historically, starting out as a "Friend of" means you won't be back next season, unless you are coming back as a guest. To date, only one HW has started out as a "Friend of" and then got upgraded the next season to a full HW, and that was Brandi, of all people. Also, only one "Friend of" also returned the next season with the same status, and that was one of Kims from New Jersey, I forget which one.

So Eden's chances anyway for a return next season as anything but a guest are pretty slim.

I would agree. And unless there is a lot of drama involving Eden in the two remaining episodes, I would surmise that for some reason her storyline was dramatically cut at the end. When she first started this season, she did an interview that was linked here earlier (and I cannot now find) where she said that she couldn't imagine how they could have a season next year without her because of her involvement in something big. Of course she only knew at the time what was filmed, not what would make it past editing. Since we haven't seen this, it is either still to come, or they cut it out. I guess there is always the chance that she "brings" it at the reunion, which could change things. I always thought that Brandi cemented her role as a FT ho'wife because of what happened at the S2 reunion and her pulling of LVP over to her dark side. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Wow talk about rewriting history-this little twerp was at the White Party.  Asshole didn't even get the designer right-it was Thierry Mugler not Stella McCartney.  http://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-erika-jaynes-emotional-meltdown/

He's a dope just for saying "she literally melted down".  (a real pet peeve of mine)

ps I'm going to miss this thread!

Edited by noveltylibrary65
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Jel said:

OMG so sorry...I went off into DWTS land and never came back.

Does this work?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

OMG so sorry...I went off into DWTS land and never came back.

Does this work?

It does! Thank you so much, KFB :)

Looks like it's going to be another season of Rinna and her dreadful "wacky" THs.  Gawd!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Jel said:

I think most everyone can understand and relate to Erika's fear for her son.  But the grown up thing to do is to say, "I am so worried about my son." 

And she pretty much belittled everyone else for crying about their problems.  I'm the cool one, I don't complain unlike you losers.  Until pushed, apparently.

FTR  I was not excusing her behavior for her fear of losing her son one bit.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

He's a dope just for saying "she literally melted down".  (a real pet peeve of mine)

ps I'm going to miss this thread!

I'm with you @noveltylibrary65!!  Have you ever watched Archer?  They do a whole running gag on literally.  It slays me!!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Jel said:

It does! Thank you so much, KFB :)

Looks like it's going to be another season of Rinna and her dreadful "wacky" THs.  Gawd!

I made the same prediction a short time ago, but who knows if it will happen.

I think I said something like as stupid as Rinna is she earned her diamond. I predicted Eden out, Eileen if not out she would be demoted to friend of. Everyone else safe too.

Then I got pelted with rotten food

03cd7b00-ff74-0132-f43d-0e18518aac2f.gif

68882-Crying-Bunny.gif?1

• Love 2

I'm damn tired of the outrageous accusations and antics Rinna throws out then thinking she's the most clever ever as she tries to laugh in her talking heads. If she stays that's what's going to happen again next year. Been there saw that. We've seen all what she has to offer, nothing. The girls are gone, she doesn't do anything interesting. The most telling was when Kyle said Rinna wasn't even a part of her life in the off season so you knew she was making shit up, throwing it to see what sticks. That she used, Kim, a woman with severe problems like that I don't want to see that.

She has become just as tedious and boring as Eileen but in an opposite way. She's playing Brandi's old game but not as well. She flopped.

If Rinna has successfully done anything she has severly lowered my opinion of Harry Hamlin.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Jel said:

I miss Coffee Crisps even more than free health care, eh.  ;-)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

It's all about numbers?

I think LR is safe.

That is the bottom line. It's also about what people are discussing on social media. Brandi survived years past her welcome, kept the chatter going on in social media. The audience may have protested that they would not watch anymore if she was on...but if the numbers came in and the viewership remained the same they wouldn't cut her from the show. Rinna should be safe for another year.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3

I don't have time or energy to wade through 24 (!) pages of comments and I just got around to watching this episode yesterday.  I usually like Erika, because she is just so "I don't give a f*ck" and speaks the truth as she sees it but that reaction to Eileen was just.too.much.  She really does owe Eileen an apology.  

That being said, I enjoyed the side-by-side gondola shots: peaceful car vs neurotic shriek-y car.  Now I hate heights and I would not have liked the glass bottom car because I tend to get dizzy and off-balance in those things, but jeez, I go silent and scared, not like a shrieking bunch of harpies. 

Back to the dinner: Those poor waitstaff in that very nice restaurant.  I'd have shut them all off and ordered them out if they couldn't moderate their volume.  Disgraceful!  Every one of them is an embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Giselle said:

I'm damn tired of the outrageous accusations and antics Rinna throws out then thinking she's the most clever ever as she tries to laugh in her talking heads. If she stays that's what's going to happen again next year. Been there saw that. We've seen all what she has to offer, nothing. The girls are gone, she doesn't do anything interesting. The most telling was when Kyle said Rinna wasn't even a part of her life in the off season so you knew she was making shit up, throwing it to see what sticks. That she used, Kim, a woman with severe problems like that I don't want to see that.

She has become just as tedious and boring as Eileen but in an opposite way. She's playing Brandi's old game but not as well. She flopped.

If Rinna has successfully done anything she has severly lowered my opinion of Harry Hamlin.

When Brandi left she mentioned two things-it didn't work well for her as a single woman as she had no one to back her play and that none of the remaining cast wanted anything to do with her. 

So Rinna has more oomph behind her by virtue of her marriage and all I think of now is what an idiotic, insincere couple Hamlin and Rinna are.  Rinna does the unconscionable and you have Harry defending  her as if the rest of the world doesn't understand English or can't view/hear a conversation without his twist. 

I gather Rinna is unavailable for filming the first part of the month because she is hawking her QVC wares.  It also gives her an excuse to pretend why she isn't invited to certain events.  (Daily Mail White Party at PUMP springs to mind.)  At this point no one wants to risk an open party and invite Rinna.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

That is the bottom line. It's also about what people are discussing on social media. Brandi survived years past her welcome, kept the chatter going on in social media. The audience may have protested that they would not watch anymore if she was on...but if the numbers came in the the viewership remained they wouldn't cut her from the show. Rinna should be safe for another year.

Which is why I took RHOC off my TiVo one pass and won't watch. That's one less number they can count.

Heather left so the dynamic is skewed. I won't support Vicki and Kelly. Their behavior is abhorrent. I want them off the show. 

I'm almost ready to do that with RHBH. While I love watching the lives of Kyle and LVP I don't like the repetitivness of Erica, the boring tediousness of Eileen, and the hideousness of Rinna.

Kyle and LVP are the only reasons I'm watching. If it gets to bad I'll cancel this show too.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Eden is just too dumb and unselfaware to play the pass the diamond game - has alienated Rinna, Kyle and Dorit, and never given LVP a reason to want her back. 

The ratings broke 3 million for the first time in years right around/after the holidays so I imagine the network would like to keep the cast as consistent as possible.

Camille said she's been asked back and the RH Insider Twitter account that accurately spoiled the entire season asserts season 8 has been slated as her comeback. 

Seems like the natural strategy if that's true would be for her to replace Eileen and add a new 7th Housewife or FOH.

I think she'll replace Eden not Eileen...I read they like her as LoonyLips' sidekick.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Eden played it totally wrong. If she had the smarts she would have gone directly to Kyle after game night and asked about Kim and told her what Rinna said.  She would have been on Kyle's good side for giving her a heads up about Rinna.

Eden's honest clueless reactions confirm she never watched the show while Erica shows us that she did watch even though she lied about it.

I'd like to see Camile back. Joyce too now that she's got a few things off her own going on in her life and her boys are older. 

• Love 11

I do agree, it is sad/lonely but it was what she signed on for when she married him. It's not like his life as an Attorney was slower back when they met/married.

I think it's great that Tom is spry enough to still work, but I give major side-eye to the claim that he works six nights a week.

Erika let the tough broad who got her where she is today slip.

You know what's tough? Raising a child. Being a trophy wife, not so much.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Eden played it totally wrong. If she had the smarts she would have gone directly to Kyle after game night and asked about Kim and told her what Rinna said.  She would have been on Kyle's good side for giving her a heads up about Rinna.

Eden's honest clueless reactions confirm she never watched the show while Erica shows us that she did watch even though she lied about it.

I'd like to see Camile back. Joyce too now that she's got a few things off her own going on in her life and her boys are older. 

I agree about going directly to Kyle, and I don't think it was accidental Rinna wasn't going to allow Kyle and Eden a moment alone.  Instead she just came off ridiculous and stalkerish  going after Kim at PK's birthday party and then the Gatsby Party.  She had a great opening at the Gatsby Party to spill but I think she thought she could squeeze a few more scenes out of it and sat on it.  Imagine going to LVP's and spilling and still not getting an invitation to Mexico.

Respectfully, I disagree about Eden not watching the show-she was all about Kim and Kyle from the beginning.  I think and I believe she truly believed that her father's famous name would carry her farther than it has.  Production found her and I think they were desperate for an introduction and Kyle passed-enter the Hustler, Rinna.   I only say this because I endured the hour long interview and Eden was all over the place about the RH franchises. 

I think Camille will replace Eileen or she and Eileen will switch roles and Eileen will be the occasional woman in the background and not have any drama.  Or maybe Eileen is too busy to care about coming back. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I would love to have Joyce back. I liked her and always thought without Brandi, she would have been a fun and interesting housewife. Instead, she was constantly in defense mode.  However, if asked to come back, I hope she would tell Andy to fuck off.

From his book "The Andy Cohen Diaries"

Joyce was a river of words and was bugging the shit out of Yolanda; as the two of them were going at it my mind turned the corner into morphing this into some kind of alternate universe version of the Housewives: “Joyce, you are no longer a Housewife. Please leave the reunion.”

Guess bugging Yolanda is the ultimate crime in Andy's world.  I'll never understand why he was so damned protective of Yolanda. She was incredibly disrespectful toward Joyce at that reunion, and somehow Joyce was the problem?

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

I would love to have Joyce back. I liked her and always thought without Brandi, she would have been a fun and interesting housewife. Instead, she was constantly in defense mode.  However, if asked to come back, I hope she would tell Andy to fuck off.

From his book "The Andy Cohen Diaries"

Guess bugging Yolanda is the ultimate crime in Andy's world.  I'll never understand why he was so damned protective of Yolanda. She was incredibly disrespectful toward Joyce at that reunion, and somehow Joyce was the problem?

I think Joyce's husband, who I loved, was intimidating to Andy. What never made sense to me is Joyce had a show premiering on NBC during taping and Bravo failed to film it or include the other RH and acted like it wasn't a big deal.  Yolanda was ticked at Joyce because she was caught on camera plotting against LVP and Joyce brought it up and Andy wouldn't support her by showing film clips. Just my theory but I don't think Joyce was going to continue to subject herself to "editorial bias" at her expense.

Funny thing Joyce is still married and Yolanda kicked to the curb for a second time.

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, jaync said:

I think it's great that Tom is spry enough to still work, but I give major side-eye to the claim that he works six nights a week.

You know what's tough? Raising a child. Being a trophy wife, not so much.

Maybe client dinners, drumming up business and soothing nervous feathers. Would you really want Erica (pinching nose while saying he name) there? It doesn't inspire confidence in the law firm.  It's also good excuse to not have to spend time with a wife who when asked "What did you do today?"  responds nightly with "Well we tried a new foundation today and my hair was braided differently, my labia got chaffed by my new g-string oh and Mikey said the funniest bitchy thing!"

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Joyce's husband, who I loved, was intimidating to Andy. What never made sense to me is Joyce had a show premiering on NBC during taping and Bravo failed to film it or include the other RH and acted like it wasn't a big deal.  Yolanda was ticked at Joyce because she was caught on camera plotting against LVP and Joyce brought it up and Andy wouldn't support her by showing film clips. Just my theory but I don't think Joyce was going to continue to subject herself to "editorial bias" at her expense.

Funny thing Joyce is still married and Yolanda kicked to the curb for a second time.

I loved her husband, too. He reminded me of Ken, in a "My wife can speak for herself, but you best believe I'll smack you down if it gets dirty" kind of way.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

I loved her husband, too. He reminded me of Ken, in a "My wife can speak for herself, but you best believe I'll smack you down if it gets dirty" kind of way.

YES!

• Love 7

Hmmm. . . . .flashback to lunch at Camille's where Eileen says she thought the giving of the panties to Erika was "cute".  In front of Erika.  Subject once again brought up by Eileen.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Hmmm. . . . .flashback to lunch at Camille's where Eileen says she thought the giving of the panties to Erika was "cute".  In front of Erika.  Subject once again brought up by Eileen.

What?  Bringing up a subject after it has seemingly been resolved? That doesn't sound like Eileen at all. How out of character....

• Love 15
On 3/22/2017 at 11:20 AM, janie2002 said:

See I could see Vanderpump telling Dorit that and laughing. I just think Erika takes herself way to serious. She isnt a quick wit or funny. It's like she is either Conservative tight lipped cold Mrs Gerald(whatever her last name is) or raunchy drag queen Erika Jayne. there is no iddle ground, which is confusing AF

But what is the joke here? This is a sincere question. How is saying to someone, "That is the first compliment I've ever received from you?" a joke? What's the punchline? Also, the key words here that you could see LVP saying that to Dorit and laughing. There was no laughter from Dorit, she said it with a totally straight face. And then, when Erika said, "That's not true," Dorit did nothing to clarify it as a joke. I don't hate Dorit, but this is why I just don't trust it when she insists that she means things in a light way.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

And she pretty much belittled everyone else for crying about their problems.  I'm the cool one, I don't complain unlike you losers.  Until pushed, apparently.

FTR  I was not excusing her behavior for her fear of losing her son one bit.

No, no she has "important shit" to worry about while the rest of them have insignificant concerns apparently.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But what is the joke here? This is a sincere question. How is saying to someone, "That is the first compliment I've ever received from you?" a joke? What's the punchline? Also, the key words here that you could see LVP saying that to Dorit and laughing. There was no laughter from Dorit, she said it with a totally straight face. And then, when Erika said, "That's not true," Dorit did nothing to clarify it as a joke. I don't hate Dorit, but this is why I just don't trust it when she insists that she means things in a light way.

Same here. I don’t hate Dorit…I don’t hate any of the HW’s. I just don’t trust that she is just trying to be funny as opposed to making insert x the brunt of the joke.

The panties. These are all scenes where it is brought up on camera and she chooses to discuss it: With PK in their kitchen. With Kyle in a store to shop for said panties.  With Eileen and Rinna for drinks to discuss how a lady should sit. All scenes prior to the gift giving – no Erika

The bag o pills. With Boy George and LVP outside of PK’s birthday party. In her own home with Eden and her squeaking kid and using the word “induced”. In Mexico, at dinner with Ken, LVP, PK, Mauricio, Kyle and Erika. All scenes no Rinna.

She might very well be one of those people who tells the same stories/jokes over and over again…but I’m giving her the stink eye.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Same here. I don’t hate Dorit…I don’t hate any of the HW’s. I just don’t trust that she is just trying to be funny as opposed to making insert x the brunt of the joke.

The panties. These are all scenes where it is brought up on camera and she chooses to discuss it: With PK in their kitchen. With Kyle in a store to shop for said panties.  With Eileen and Rinna for drinks to discuss how a lady should sit. All scenes prior to the gift giving – no Erika

The bag o pills. With Boy George and LVP outside of PK’s birthday party. In her own home with Eden and her squeaking kid and using the word “induced”. In Mexico, at dinner with Ken, LVP, PK, Mauricio, Kyle and Erika. All scenes no Rinna.

She might very well be one of those people who tells the same stories/jokes over and over again…but I’m giving her the stink eye.

The problem with Dorit according to LVP is she gossips too much going from one to the other.  She blamed it on her being a newby:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/videos/what-lisa-vanderpump-wants-fans-to-get-out-of  They learn or should after the first season-that is what Eileen is there for to bring "it" up repeatedly.  I don't know what would happen to the episode count if they didn't have repeaters on this show.

Yep the pills were weird, but at the same time Rinna keeps using it as a running "gag".  I don't think with this seasons discussions of sobriety it is that much a leap to think Rinna is induced with or without the bag of pills.  I also don't think Eden was being terribly honest when she claimed Dorit said Rinna had a problem. 

• Love 5