Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Tracey's Story

• Start Topic

If anybody on the face of he earth deserves to say "ow, ma laygs," it's this woman!  I really admire her.

i just can't get interested in this skin removal show for some reason.

• Love 19

I am really happy for this woman. She deserved a break, she got the break, and she made the best of it. And her husband proved to be a keeper. 

• Love 10

I guess Anthony  was not a jerk after all like someone  said,just  practicing tough love. This is one I did not want to end, I wanted to see the rest of her surgeries,  and her go hone and walk in and hug her kids and grandkids . 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I guess Anthony  was not a jerk after all like someone  said,just  practicing tough love. This is one I did not want to end, I wanted to see the rest of her surgeries,  and her go hone and walk in and hug her kids and grandkids . 

My apologies Anthony. This show has gotten me so used to douchebaggery I automatically looking for the dark side. 

• Love 10

Okay, I will take back my asshole label of Anthony, but he was giving off those vibes. So glad to have a happy ending, but I agree with you crazycatlady58 and Melissa Minion and I want to see more of her and Anthony. Wow, whaddya know, Anthony is a real live dis-enabler! Are you watching Lisa!?

Great fun you all, but watching Designated Survivor now...........  

Edited by DC Gal in VA
For clarifications.
  • Love 5

Well that was a refreshing episode.  Tracey was like a model patient.  She faltered a little by eating stuff she wasn't supposed to, but she didn't do terribly.  She had a fairly positive attitude and a strong work ethic despite her bad childhood.  Her husband was supportive but firm in applying tough love.  Her legs were in terrible shape, especially right after the surgery, but she gritted her teeth and bore it.  Great episode.

Very unusual though, since like last week there was no bariatric surgery.  Her problem seemed not as much severe obesity but more like severe lymphadema.  I hope we can see a followup episode on her.

• Love 11

The next episode will be a Mega-sized, 4 hour 2-parter aired in the 2 successive weeks.  But this doesn't sound particularly promising....

On March 29th

Steven and Justin's Story Part 18:00 PM on TLC, 3 hr 2017 TV-14

Part 1 of 2. Two brothers weigh nearly 1400 pounds combined, and their father drives them 35 hours to see a doctor even though they can't stand each other.

Then part 2 on April 5th

Steven and Justin's Story Part 28:00 PM on TLC, 3 hr 2017 TV-14

Conclusion. Time is running out for two brothers when one of them focuses on his new career instead of his diet, and the other spends a year on a weight-loss program but is completely noncompliant.

Strap yourselves in.... this could be rough.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, Christina said:

It sounded like he said that with the removal of the tissue, she would be at near her goal weight and wouldn't need the weight loss surgery.

Well she was at 400 at her last weigh in.  The lymphadema mass Dr. Now removed was 10 pounds, plus 5 pounds of fluid.  And it was the first of 4.  So she's probably got about 45-50 pounds of lymphadema left up there, after which she'll be down to only 350.  Still some distance to go.

• Love 1

Okay commercial break for Designated Survivor

So can Tracey use diuretics? Also, wouldn't elevating her legs help?

And one more thing, since she didn't have the surgery, she could possibly go on a low carb high protein diet with yummy good fats. Lots of cookbooks and websites out there and much tastier than the gruesome looking meal plans they're usually stuck with.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

I stand corrected...I guess he does work lol. I think he might be one the first who've moved there temporarily and started working. Although he is still being a jerk bag about the appts. 

Yeah, that was unusual because most of them move to Houston for a year or two (maybe more) and they never work the entire time.  Or at least they don't show it if they do.

• Love 3

Her problem seemed not as much severe obesity but more like severe lymphadema.

I was thinking the same thing. From the waist up she looked just a little overweight. Her face didn't even look chubby at all. She did look quite a bit older than her 45 years, but anyone would carrying around the weight of the equivalent of two normal size humans on her hips.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I was thinking the same thing. From the waist up she looked just a little overweight. Her face didn't even look chubby at all. She did look quite a bit older than her 45 years, but anyone would carrying around the weight of the equivalent of two normal size humans on her hips.

She really had a very youthful face-it was the all gray hair that made her look 60. If she dies her hair brown it would take off 15 years,

• Love 7

Well, no thirty pages of comments for this one!

Nice people, nice kids, self aware, accountable, and responsible. I wish them all the best!

Take that James.

Actually, unlike James, they don't need any help from me!

• Love 15