Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Tracey's Story

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Christina said:

I expect this to be a positive episode since the last few have been a bit depressing.

"a bit depressing" in the way that a tornado is "a bit" of a bad storm! ;) 

• Love 9

I often wonder  if the camera  crew goes  on a permanent  diet, and I can  only imagine  the conversations with their loved ones when they get home at night, Honey, you may not be a fashion  plate, but I do want  to thank you for wearing panties when you have a micro mini skirt on and we have company . I bet they are VERY grateful  their families . 

• Love 12
On 3/19/2017 at 4:13 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

We were shown her sitting in bed during the season previews.  Now we'll see her walk.  The outstanding question for one and all, will she say "ow, mah laygs!"

I've seen those previews too and those huge legs of hers.  If she, unlike James K, does walk, she'll have every right to scream "ow, mah laygs! poor woman.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
  • Love 6

my concern for all of these people is that they don't seem to get counseling for eating. fish sticks are NOT OK , drive thru are NOT OK.  then they don't loose weight and say they are frustrated ! I don't think that Dr N. is doing these people any favors by giving them the surgery without the correct support.

Paula, I don't wanna !!!!! really ????  you eat potatoes, fried food and sit around of course you are not going to lose weigh. then she gains weight and says that she doesn't eat that much.....  this is such crap !!!

he tells her to switch to healthy eating habit and she just told him that she was confused????!!!!  how is she going to eat healthy if she has NEVER EATEN HEATLHY. HER HUSBAND DIED BECAUSE HE WAS OVER 600 POUNDS. DR N IS SO OUT OF HIS MIND.

• Love 1

Okay, now, I am jumping on the criminal prosecution band wagon. Unless her legs swelled overnight like that what idiot helped this poor woman to evolve into this monstrous deformed body? Unaplogetically I say she couldn't have gotten another burger out my hand way long before that happened. These situations are modern phenomena and although the fault also lies with the person who is eating it also shows the ignorance of those around them.

I can remember my mom saying things like "you've had enough to eat, get up and put your plate away" and things like "sure you can have a snack. grab a peach, apple or carrot." Just all sorts of things to let us know there are limits and healthy options. 

I feel her pain, though, I can't imagine not having any type of ability to consider one's health.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, Elizabet said:

SHE NEEDS A PROGRAM to follow, She needs to be told what to eat, how much and when and she needs to MOVE !!!!!!!!!

Dr. Now gives every patient a packet of materials.  We're never shown the contents, but there is guidance.  He doesn't just say "Ok.  Go lose weight.  You figure out how."

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Elizabet said:

my concern for all of these people is that they don't seem to get counseling for eating. fish sticks are NOT OK , drive thru are NOT OK.  then they don't loose weight and say they are frustrated ! I don't think that Dr N. is doing these people any favors by giving them the surgery without the correct support.

Paula, I don't wanna !!!!! really ????  you eat potatoes, fried food and sit around of course you are not going to lose weigh. then she gains weight and says that she doesn't eat that much.....  this is such crap !!!

he tells her to switch to healthy eating habit and she just told him that she was confused????!!!!  how is she going to eat healthy if she has NEVER EATEN HEATLHY. HER HUSBAND DIED BECAUSE HE WAS OVER 600 POUNDS. DR N IS SO OUT OF HIS MIND.

Are you talking about Paula of the many different hair colors, one of the most successful patients ever shown in this series?   The Paula who was actually working to help support her children? Perhaps you need to find the followup episode.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Are you talking about Paula of the many different hair colors, one of the most successful patients ever shown in this series?   The Paula who was actually working to help support her children? Perhaps you need to find the followup episode.  

Could be mixing Paula up with Pauline, one of the infamous cases.

• Love 5

The lack of support from Dr. Now to his patients is a failure of editing. We have seen, in the past, the long process before surgery, including visits with nutritionists, and support groups, along with therapy being required before surgery. 

He may have made a few changes for the process to get the surgery when the show is paying versus when insurance is paying, but help is nowhere near non-existent, like the show leads us to believe. I think it is, in part, because they think it makes the patients more sympathetic when they fail. I think it would be better to go back to showing how it is an addiction, but TLC prefers the people on its network to be side-show characters for us to point and laugh at because it gets more attention. Not too many people here laugh, as we are a more sympathetic group as it pertains to this show, but follow Twitter or the Facebook group while it is airing and you see a lot of, "OMG! She is soooo fat." "How can she not kill herself?" and other disgusting comments.

Now anger is another thing, and we get full of piss and vinegar when it comes to how the people on this show treat their loved ones, especially their kids. As I said in James K's thread, addiction fuels some of their behaviors, but some people are just assholes, and James K is one of them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Compared to some of these other people on this show,  her body doesn't look that big.  One has to wonder why her legs got so large.   And at least she's mobile. 

And of course, the backstory is the same old tale, alcoholism and sexual abuse.

• Love 15
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Physiologically speaking, how does it happen that you gain so much weight in your legs and not other parts of your body?

It's the lymphedema. A lot of it is actually fluid.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm thinking her mother putting her out when she was pregnant had something to do with how brown her babies were going to be. 

Had same exact thought when they showed the photo. 

• Love 6