Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Whitney Gets A Date

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, AmyB said:

I so love social media. Now the tattoo was on Sunday Nov 6, according to tal's fb. So three days later is their "date".  

IMG_4283.PNG

Good catch @AmyB!

I think I read that the day Hillary Clinton called into the radio show was on Election Day.

Does that timeline work with the Dance Challenge"? 

On March 22, 2017 at 4:28 AM, mamadrama said:

I agree but Buddy LOOKS physically ill. A comment on someone else in the show is not my way of implying that I am giving Whitney a pass. I've wasted enough time on her. At the moment I am more worried about Buddy. He is pale, out of breath, and bloated. He's had a sudden, massive weight gain and I was simply commenting on his overall health.  If you've read ANY of my previous posts, you will have seen that I also snark on Whitney's weight and health as well. 

Ya I agree . We could LOUDLY hear Twit breathing and straining during the run portion.  But Buddy just slow walking  , breathing while standing still , coloring , bloat looks like he's ready to keel over . When Twit is not in motion she doesn't seem as bad as Buddy. He's a massive coronary waiting to happen 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Good catch @AmyB!

I think I read that the day Hillary Clinton called into the radio show was on Election Day.

Does that timeline work with the Dance Challenge"? 

And Twit was at radio station for that. I've been keeping a running tab of  the dates  so far this is what I got: 

8-16 filmed at kiss

8-21 charlotte pride parade

8-28 southern women charlotte

8-29 date on ultra sound

9-11 folk festival

9-11 housewarming party roy and maney there 

9-16 southern women Orlando 

9-19 kiss radio

9-22/9-23 kiss radio?? 

10-3-16 southern women Birmingham 

10-15-16 barbell for boobs

10-22 dance battle

11-6 tattoo

11-8 election day on radio with hillary 

11-9 date with nathan

11-17 radio filed in for Riley 

11-20-22 nyc

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, Ocean Chick said:

Guy sitting there, when all of a sudden a camera crew descends upon him, and a production assistant informs him that his impending date has a "reality" show, and that he needs to sign reams of legal forms allowing them to film him on this first date, and mic him up.  And negotiate his salary for appearing on air. 

Or he could be a fat fetishist who has his own camera and crew, and a youtube channel.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, Alapaki said:

And does she not realize that by whining about ignorance of the rules and lack of preparation she's only indicting herself?

Indeed.  That's the first thing she and Jiya should have discussed, with a witness present.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, Dot said:

What I can't understand is why she wore the dress shoes with the 1/2 inch in the first place. Did she think Nathan would be so impressed with her Cinderella footwear that he would never notice SHE WEIGHS 360 POUNDS ?

Those tiny heels remind me of my first high heels, in 6th grade.  She needs to wear some decent flats, and if she needs her sequin sneakers, so be it, but please, not the little girl heels.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, polandspring said:

She'll use her self-imposed illnesses as a stick to beat people with until they spend time with her, shower her with attention,

Or, just shower her. 

Edited by auntjess
Got the J named people mixed up.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

Good catch @AmyB!

Many thanks to AmyB & a couple of others (sorry, can't remember your names)  in this forum who live in Greensboro or Charlotte, who often feed us delicious tidbits of Twit's REAL life that we would not otherwise have access to.

I am curious: is Twit considered an asset to NC? Or at least to Greensboro? That is, is she known in the state? Does she have a celebrity status that is considered a positive for the state? Or is she just as Z-list in NC as she is everywhere else?

• Love 3
On 3/22/2017 at 11:36 AM, M.F. Luder said:

I was mostly being sarcastic about the strong, confident, feminist stuff to point out has Whitney spouts one thing while behaving like another.

The biggest tell for me in that respect is her constant use of the word "girl" -- Big GIRL Dance Class, my GIRLS, etc. Not only does it show her development was arrested at age 12, but no feminist uses "girl" except in jest or with sarcasm. We are WOMEN, Twit, hear us roar.

• Love 6

I live in Greensboro and work downtown where I'm sure many of the scenes are filmed but I've never run into her or the film crew. I think it's cool that there's a show filmed here but I don't know if I'd go so far as to say she's either positive or negative.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AmyB said:

And Twit was at radio station for that. I've been keeping a running tab of  the dates  so far this is what I got: 

9-11 folk festival

9-19 kiss radio

9-22/9-23 kiss radio?? 

10-22 dance battle

So she had a month to prepare for the Dance Battle, and only got in 2 or 3 practices?  And couldn't bother to nail down the rules?

Pathetic.

As far as this Nathan guy, I have to say I read this forum before viewing the episode, so I was looking for it, but he really didn't set off my gaydar.  

He did look a little young to have a 17 year old.  But otherwise, I genuinely curious what this reveal will be.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

So she had a month to prepare for the Dance Battle, and only got in 2 or 3 practices?  And couldn't bother to nail down the rules?

Pathetic.

As far as this Nathan guy, I have to say I read this forum before viewing the episode, so I was looking for it, but he really didn't set off my gaydar.  

He did look a little young to have a 17 year old.  But otherwise, I genuinely curious what this reveal will be.

Yea she had a month. Jiya posted to her insta about a secret project around 9/23 so I am guessing that is when this dance battle was hatched.  Also forgot to add Jenzi flew in Oct 14 for the battle pratice too. Twit made a comment about Will's workout on that episode so I almost bet it was the crossfit thing since that was on Oct 15 (confirmed by a few other crossfit people). This is why I wanted to keep a running timeline cuz even Twit makes comments in her TH about oh this barbell for boobs is after losing the dance battle. Ugh no. I know the show is staged and fake but you would think they would keep some semblance of a real timeline. 

5 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Me neither & I'm gay. I also don't think he looks like a man who transitioned from being a woman.

For all Twit's Overacting 101 (love that!) mouth agape look of mixed horror & surprise, I think Nathan's reveal is going to be pretty bland. Like, he's been married 4 times. Or he's 50+ years old.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Me neither & I'm gay. I also don't think he looks like a man who transitioned from being a woman.

For all Twit's Overacting 101 (love that!) mouth agape look of mixed horror & surprise, I think Nathan's reveal is going to be pretty bland. Like, he's been married 4 times. Or he's 50+ years old.

I think the reveal will be that he's still married. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I think the reveal will be that he's still married. 

I can see that being plausible. I've had it happen when I was testing the waters online dating. Huge deal breaker for me. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Dot said:

The biggest tell for me in that respect is her constant use of the word "girl" -- Big GIRL Dance Class, my GIRLS, etc. Not only does it show her development was arrested at age 12, but no feminist uses "girl" except in jest or with sarcasm. We are WOMEN, Twit, hear us roar.

I don't think that's really been the case for a long time.  Lots of women -- feminists included -- will refer to themselves and other women as "girls".  I think, like most things, it's all in the context.  

• Love 6

I'm with you,  Dot--in that I don't think Nathan is gay or transgender.   It's got to be something else less dramatic.....like maybe he's into polygamy, or poly-love, or used to be obese, or owns a pizza chain--to elicit the tedious slack-jawed, bug-eyed response that showcases Twit's acting chops. 

Edited by Tosia
I don't care really.
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Dot said:

I am curious: is Twit considered an asset to NC? Or at least to Greensboro? That is, is she known in the state? Does she have a celebrity status that is considered a positive for the state? Or is she just as Z-list in NC as she is everywhere else?

I have quite a large group of family and friends that live in Asheville and they've never heard of her. They've seen her commercials on TLC, of course, but outside of television they've said there is no local references to her. I think she's probably as known in the state of NC as she is anywhere else in the country-the only people who know her are the ones that watch the show. I mean, the show makes it LOOK like she's involved in all these community functions, functions that would give her added publicity, but so far most of those have been faked for TV so it's hard to gauge her celebrity based on them. 

9 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

I don't think that's really been the case for a long time.  Lots of women -- feminists included -- will refer to themselves and other women as "girls".  I think, like most things, it's all in the context.  

I agree. My friends and I refer to ourselves as "girls" all the time, and we're all middle-aged. We refer to our husbands as "the boys." I am actually more offended by Whitney's use of "my" than the word "girls." I wouldn't want to be referred to as Whitney's anything. 

• Love 8
On March 22, 2017 at 10:25 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I share with those who are alarmed by Buddy.  WHEN is he going to get a physical?  He really looks ILL.  Bloated, sluggish, stiff,. and breathless.  These are warning signs.  OMG, why doesn't someone comment on it.  That bar tending job is NOT doing him any favors. 

Nor is Living with Twitney ... You just know they're eating buddies too.  Compare how he looks to S1 and it's frightening how sick he looks 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I am actually more offended by Whitney's use of "my" than the word "girls." I wouldn't want to be referred to as Whitney's anything. 

That's one of my pet peeves.  With rare exceptions, I hate it when bosses use it too, and when I see people on TV refer to their workers as "my" something, I'm just so offended.
It doesn't hurt you to say "we" and "our."

• Love 2

i think I found "nathan" on fb. I think his secret is he is still married but separated or going thru a divorce. There is also no indication in his  publicly shared posts that this goes anywhere. 

Also has anyone heard of the fitnesss marshall? Apprently this is why Twit and Todd go to NYC to take his hiphop dance class. I tried to watch one of his YouTube videos and i cannot take his voice! Reminds me of a white Chris Tucker (the fifth element movie version of him). He also went to NC in Jan to do some shoot with her. It is interesting though, going thru his posts there are no likes or comments from Twit prior to Nov. 

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Nathan is still married/separated/going through a divorce and that's what he told her, although their facial expressions in the preview didn't seem to me to follow from that kind of admission.  Of course we can never be sure we're being shown their direct reactions to his admission.  The show could be showing us unrelated reactions just to mess with us.

• Love 3
On 3/24/2017 at 1:53 PM, Dot said:

Thank you! This is a major pet peeve of mine. Men call the women "girls" on The Bachelor all the time and most of them are in their mid-twenties. Even worse that Twit calls a student who is very obviously in her late 50's one of her girls. It just irritates me so much. I recently had a date say to me, "You're the only girl I think about right now." My response was, "Well if you're into girls that's not me. I'm a woman." 

Edited by Nowhere
9 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Thank you! This is a major pet peeve of mine. Men call the women "girls" on The Bachelor all the time and most of them are in their mid-twenties. Even worse that Twit calls a student who is very obviously in her late 50's one of her girls. It just irritates me so much. I recently had a date say to me, "You're the only girl I think about right now." My response was, "Well if you're into girls that's not me. I'm a woman." 

Maybe I'm in the minority but it doesn't bother me if someone calls me girl.  

Doesnt sound right if my boyfriend calls me his woman friend.  I guess I should call him my man friend ?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but it doesn't bother me if someone calls me girl.  

Doesnt sound right if my boyfriend calls me his woman friend.  I guess I should call him my man friend ?

I think 'girlfriend' and 'boyfriend' are what we'll call each other no matter how old we are. I wasn't really talking about those terms, per se. However, as a 40 yr old woman, it does feel a little immature like I'm in high school when I am referred to as 'girlfriend'. It is what it is though. There's nothing else to call us, right? And I'll say it's much better than being referred to as 'my old lady' which my ex called me once. ONCE.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 1

I think "girl" has become the female version of "guy," kind of a casual way for us to refer to each other. That said, it does annoy me when men call me "girl." It has certain implications. But I have been known to call up my friends and say "GURRRRRRRL, we gotta get some margaritas!"

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I think "girl" has become the female version of "guy," kind of a casual way for us to refer to each other. That said, it does annoy me when men call me "girl." It has certain implications. But I have been known to call up my friends and say "GURRRRRRRL, we gotta get some margaritas!"

Well said. When it's my female friends it's fine. When a man says it, I just feel like I've earned the title of woman and he should recognize that. And also he should grow up and start focusing on women instead of girls and use the correct terminology. My 15 yr old daughter is a girl. I don't like a grown man to refer to women that he's interested in as girls. It's a little creepy sounding. And this is just my opinion. I know some of you are ok with it and that's fine. I'm not trying to say anyone is wrong. 

Another pet peeve is when grown men refer to other grown men as 'kid'. They said it all the time on Jersey Shore. Like, "He's a good kid. That kid has a good heart". Or "This kid needs to back off." Hey guys, y'all are all almost thirty. None of you are kids. That ship has sailed. 

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 2

Back in the early days of women's lib I was in the workforce.  My boss had asked me to get coffee for him and two visitors to the office.  As I entered with the tray, one of the men (both of whom where younger than me) said, "Oh, good, your girl is here with the coffee."  Without thinking, I said, "Which one of you boys asked for the coffee with cream?"

My boss was not amused.  That made two of us.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Back in the early days of women's lib I was in the workforce.  My boss had asked me to get coffee for him and two visitors to the office.  As I entered with the tray, one of the men (both of whom where younger than me) said, "Oh, good, your girl is here with the coffee."  Without thinking, I said, "Which one of you boys asked for the coffee with cream?"

Wow what assholes including your boss.  In that context I agree. Not right. Totally disrespectful to you.

Edited by Bubbles1967
  • Love 3

I dunno, I've been known to call my SO "the boy" even though he is a 40 year old balding man 7 years my senior.

Context is everything, if I had a dollar for every time I've been called,  or called someone or myself the f word and had zero qualms about it, well, I would have probably spent it on shots and did.

Edited by John M
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Aha!  My mother told a similar story, which took place in the late '60s.  As you know, this kind of thing was not uncommon back then, which is something a lot of today's young women don't even realize.  I'm a firm believer in that it's all in the context, and I think this is just about the worst context to use the word "girl", but thankfully this kind of stuff very rarely happens in today's world.  When I refer to my "girlfriends", as in my BFFs, there's no negative context there at all.  I wouldn't mind being called someone's girlfriend in that context at all.

• Love 1

So far with Nathan we have the following hypothetical “secrets”:

1.       He’s gay/bi-curious

2.       Transitioning from female to male

3.       Married or previously married more than 2 times

4.       Polygamist/poly-love

5.       Formerly obese

6.       Chubby chaser

7.       Owner of 1 or several pizza chains that Twitney has on her speed dial

8.       Nathan is actually Lennie without the beard and a lobotomy

9.       He’s an illegal alien and looking to get married

Man. I wish we had set up a poll for this before today!!!

• Love 6

Well in the description for this week's show "online date Nathan divulges information that throws Whitney's world into a tailspin.".

There is information that throws Whitney's world into a tailspin? Honey, you've gone on one date and it was a fake date for TV, you met on the internet, why information could possibly throw Whit's world into a tailspin? That he's Whit's real father? That he's a secret child from one of her parent's affair? Come on.

• Love 8

Oh nevermind...

"We are related. We're, like, second cousins or something. I was telling my mom — she asked about the date, and I mentioned your name. … I forgot how the connection was, but she knew everybody's name, and she was telling me how we're tied together somehow in our family, and I was like, 'What?'"

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/fab-lifes-whitney-thore-learns-that-shes-dating-her-cousin-w473834

So they may be related somehow, like second cousins or something. Come on.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, John M said:

OMG!!! So I imagine Whitney will react to this as if she's committed unknowing incest by taking a dance class with the guy. Can't wait to see the dropped-jaw, bug-eyed response to the news!

• Love 5

I just watched the clip, after he tells her he adds "Good thing we didn't kiss".

Good thing we didn't kiss. You went on a super romantic dance date, Whit even wore quarter inch heels and everything and you didn't kiss? WTF?

I know it was a fake date for a TV show but come on, what kind of emotionally stunted person in their 30s doesn't kiss on a first date? If you don't kiss is it even a date?

I get that not everyone is a giant whore like me that will fuck on a first date but if it is actually a date there has to be some sort of romantic gesture and a kiss is like bare minimum to signify that there is like any romantic spark at all and it wasn't just two people hanging out. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, John M said:

Oh nevermind...

"We are related. We're, like, second cousins or something. I was telling my mom — she asked about the date, and I mentioned your name. … I forgot how the connection was, but she knew everybody's name, and she was telling me how we're tied together somehow in our family, and I was like, 'What?'"

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/fab-lifes-whitney-thore-learns-that-shes-dating-her-cousin-w473834

The most startling sentence in the article is "The TLC unscripted series' preview clip shows Thore meeting up with Nathan, a suitor who she met online."

UNSCRIPTED? LOLOLOLOLOL

• Love 4

Wow. I just can't even right now. Wow. This show has jumped the shark so bad it's not even funny anymore. I honeslty don't think i am gonna watch tonight. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, John M said:

I just watched the clip, after he tells her he adds "Good thing we didn't kiss".

Good thing we didn't kiss. You went on a super romantic dance date, Whit even wore quarter inch heels and everything and you didn't kiss? WTF?

I know it was a fake date for a TV show but come on, what kind of emotionally stunted person in their 30s doesn't kiss on a first date? If you don't kiss is it even a date?

I get that not everyone is a giant whore like me that will fuck on a first date but if it is actually a date there has to be some sort of romantic gesture and a kiss is like bare minimum to signify that there is like any romantic spark at all and it wasn't just two people hanging out. 

I have been on first dates where we had great chemistry but didn't kiss. Usually if the moment doesn't feel right, I don't go for it. Of course, I've also been on not-dates where I did a hell of a lot more than kiss, so who knows, LOL. Of COURSE this guy didn't kiss Whitney, though. She probably smelled bad again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, John M said:

Oh nevermind...

Another bait and switch from TLC.  I feel very conned.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

OMG!!! So I imagine Whitney will react to this as if she's committed unknowing incest by taking a dance class with the guy. Can't wait to see the dropped-jaw, bug-eyed response to the news!

BTW it's legal to marry a second cousin in all 50 states and not really considered incest.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

That. 

Or he's going to tell her that the Plus-Size Sports Bra factory burned down.

Lol at the cafe where i was eating lunch. People glanced over. So funny, Alapaki.  Thanks.  I will smile all day. 

• Love 2