Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Whitney Gets A Date

• Start Topic

Sure, guys who look like Brad Pitt just love sweaty, obese girls with questionable hygiene habits. Sorry, there's hopeful and then there's delusional. Like tends to attract like. A few weeks ago, she flirted with a muscular, nice looking man at Will's gym, asking what kind of girls he liked and my first thought was "not girls like you!". 

Besides being fat, she's obnoxious, poorly mannered, crass and not the brightest bulb on the tree. To be blunt, she's not going to attract good looking, well built, "refined" men unless they have a liking for fat women. That's just how it is.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Gossip has it that Brad doesn't shower often either.  This could be a match made in heaven (or hell).

Yeah, but think of the women that Brad has been linked to - Gwyneth Paltrow, Juliette whatsherface, Jennifer whatsherface and Angelina Jolie.  All skinny women.  He's clearly not a fat fetish guy.  He needs to find a nice skinny woman who doesn't bathe often and likes to smoke a bowl once in a while.

Twit needs to find a nice guy who likes fat and piss poor personalities.

ETA:  Oh, and another thing.  If Twit walked in to the station 3 weeks after the battle, why were the score cards displayed oh so neatly on Victoria's desk, just waiting for Twit to see them?  How convenient was that?  Are we ready for the BGDG redemption tour yet?

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, John M said:

I mean really her only option is fat fetishists. She is FAT. Like fat, fat, like her eventual partner will have to be part time caretaker if she doesn't lose a bunch of weight. There is one thing turning your head and saying you like the person and can ignore 25 pounds, 50 pounds, even maybe, maybe 100 pounds on the right frame but Whit is over 200 pounds overweight, she is carrying around an entire another obese person worth of weight, you have to be into that because her weight is going to dominate your life and your relationship. Whit's weight is going to dictate where you can go for date night, or if she can fit in your car or if your furniture is going to support her. Whit's weight is going to drastically affect your sex life as well. Hell, even basic intimacy like kissing or cuddling on the sofa is going to be challenging if not impossible. 

Whit talks all about acceptance, tolerance and not being judgemental but reacts with disgust that someone might be turned on my one of the most defining and limiting things about her and her body. Yes, I get there are creepy fat fetishist, there are creepy everything but there is nothing inherently wrong with having a fetish as long as it isn't hurting yourself or someone else. Almost all of us have fetishes and it's OK, no need to sex-shame. And I know the harming yourself or someone else is arguable when you are Whit's size but Whit has basically made it clear that she has no really desire or intention of making a drastic change to her weight so if some guy wants to fuck her fat folds and also genuinely cares about her and isn't trying to make things worse by things like feeding or asking her to stop her very basic workouts then get it gurl. Whit has to understand that she is making a very, very, very big ask right out of the gate, even your first date is going to be dictated as much by if you fit into the chairs as shared mutual interest.

I know, she acts like she wants someone who wants her for her, not her fat, but then she acts completely the opposite.  She often contradicts herself.  She is full of shit.  She has to be aware of the fact that with the opposite sex the first level of attraction is physical but that it could lead to more.  She just doesn't want to look like she is interested in the sex part primarily, which is FOS, IMO.  Then on the other side of her mouth she's trying to SHOCK everyone with her being "lesbionic".  Who even cares?  Is this 1955?  So freaking WHAT?

Then again there are fetishists that are so into their fetish that they are unable to form a real relationship with anyone and it's ALL about the fetish.  I can understand that fear but most people are not like that.  Again, she's FOS.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I really think that the staged and overly produced happenings on the show are a negative and not a plus.  I wish they would just let it be.  Let Whit, her family and friends be themselves without all the interference.  Granted, they think that it helps the show, but, to me, it's hurting it.  

I don't fault Whit for liking or not liking some things about people.  You can't help what you like or dislike.  I used to be turned off by hunting for sport too, until I learned first hand how much damage deer in the road can do.  They have totaled my car and several of my family members.  They are overpopulated in NC.(I live here.)  She should know this.  Maybe, she doesn't drive in rural areas enough.  Though, deer are now also inside cities lying dead from car collisions.  I applaud those who hunt them now. And, she must not know many real hunters, because all of the ones that I know,eat the meat.  I don't know any who waste the meat. Still, it's her opinion.  

I thought that Whit looked very nice at the dance, but she sure did seem awkward on her feet. Was she stiff from the competition?  I suspect she feigned being awkward.  Recall how graceful she was in the Ballroom dance competition? So, more manipulation by the producers.  I don't care for it.  I also don't care for rehashing the dance competition.  LET IT ALONE. 

I share with those who are alarmed by Buddy.  WHEN is he going to get a physical?  He really looks ILL.  Bloated, sluggish, stiff,. and breathless.  These are warning signs.  OMG, why doesn't someone comment on it.  That bar tending job is NOT doing him any favors. 

The competition was apparently several weeks earlier. She was stiff because if it entails moving more than her butt and arms, she has trouble doing it.

• Love 4

She wants someone REFINED? What the actual fuck. Her manner of speaking and her manner of self-expression are the exact opposite of "refined". She does not carry herself in a refined manner. She does not behave in a refined manner. She's the furthest thing from it. She's loud, she's rude, she's obnoxious, she's unrealistic. 

Just keeps getting better and better with the delusions. TLC really must hate her and I'm loving every second of this shit show. 

Edit--Could you see the hotel manager from Pretty Woman try to refine Whitney? Imagine the challenge that would be--trying to get Whitney to care about how many tines are on the fork!

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Kid said:

I loved it when Maney told her don't bother talking because her mike was off.  I found that exchange interesting because he did not seem to filter his tone. I suspect it came out of his mouth before you had the chance to think so his true feelings were communicated.

Then he told her to leave because they had important things to cover! He was kind of mean to her. And I loved every minute of it!

Whit, put away the score cards. Nobody cares. You lost.  Set an example for your dance class and try to learn how to be a good sport. 

That judge just happens to be at Whit's date venue. Really? Greensboro must be a very, very, small town.  What an awkward place to have a first date. anyway. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

So form doesn't mean shit during this Boobs to Barbell competition? I don't see how Whitney's pullups qualify as anything but wrong.

Whitney was doing rows, and to be fair she did have good form for the rows.

For the rest of it? Not so much, but when you're 400lbs I don't think form matters as much as actually moving around. I mean, it's not like she can really injure herself on anything she was doing besides the deadlifts (and they were probably low enough weight that it's not likely anyway). There's no way that I or anyone I know would be able to do a push up, or a row, or a sit up with that much extra weight on us. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Then again there are fetishists that are so into their fetish that they are unable to form a real relationship with anyone and it's ALL about the fetish.  I can understand that fear but most people are not like that.  Again, she's FOS.

It just all goes back to Whit being unable to form a mature relationship which is give and take and compromise. You're super obese, if some guy is really into having sex with your fat folds I mean honey you aren't in any place to be picky here and part of a healthy sexual relationship is doing things that aren't necessarily your thing but it makes your partner happy if it doesn't cross any bounds for you. There are creepy people out there, they inhabit all interests, fetishes, ways of life but if some guy is into your body sexually be thankful, yeah, that is a fetish, sorry honey but no one is just going to decide they are sexually attracted to your mounds of fat folds because they are just so in love with you. Just because they have a fat fetish does not automatically make them a creepy weirdo, you are a fetish, love your body and find acceptance.

I wonder if Whit has ever even been in an actual relationship, she just fundamentally does not understand the kind of compromise EVERYONE has to make in one and how big the compromises she is asking right out of the gate are.

Edited by John M
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, doesntworkonwood said:

For the rest of it? Not so much, but when you're 400lbs I don't think form matters as much as actually moving around. I mean, it's not like she can really injure herself on anything she was doing besides the deadlifts (and they were probably low enough weight that it's not likely anyway). There's no way that I or anyone I know would be able to do a push up, or a row, or a sit up with that much extra weight on us. 

I agree with you that her row form was decent for what it was (she was nearly vertical on the rows so she was not lifting much of her weight), but I disagree that form is less important at her size. I think it is MORE important, the more weight you're lifting/pushing (including body weight), to use proper form, because the risk of injury becomes that much greater when you add that much fixed resistance. Plus with her "knee problems," the nature of which she still hasn't revealed, so who knows?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

Purchased by TLC for Twit's new storyline?  

Made me lol.  Definitely.  

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I share with those who are alarmed by Buddy.  WHEN is he going to get a physical?  He really looks ILL.  Bloated, sluggish, stiff,. and breathless.  These are warning signs.  OMG, why doesn't someone comment on it.  That bar tending job is NOT doing him any favors. 

I didn't realize how bad Buddy looks until I rewatched some season 1 last week.  (Don't judge.)  Here's a picture where you can kind of see how much bigger he is now.  I don't understand why he gained all this extra weight, unless it's just a result of living with Whit and working at a job that doesn't lend itself to healthy choices.  It's sad for him and Heather. 

I agree with the poster who said her size impacts every area of her life, so she's only going to attract someone who's ok with that, which will likely be a fetishist.  If she doesn't like that, she should change it.

• Love 5

Really Whit, you want to be dating? You crave that? And you just now noticed? It certainly hasn't been an obsession of yours for 4 seasons now. You weren't craving a relationship when you completely made one up with Roy and then were heartbroken because he didn't want you and you didn't think he could do any better?

If the word gets out that you get you are into girls? One kiss barely a kiss on a not a date and you are already into women? And the makeup girl, are you a drag queen? Do you need a trowel? Oh, seeing you in a bathing suit is important to seeing the real you but a quarter inch of makeup is fine? And yes, it is really pathetic that you are having your friends help you out with online dating, you are selling you, not whatever vision of you your gay friends concoct.

You have a sordid past with online dating because you were a bitch and didn't respond to someone reaching out with you? I'm sorry, Hi isn't good enough for you? Do you need a poem? You do know that most relationships start out with a hi, right? "Much less thinking about falling in love with someone?" Again, which is completely stunted when it comes to relationships, you don't plan on falling in love with a date, this isn't middle school, it's just a thing that happens, it's kind of the entire point of dating.

Jesus, if I saw buddy in person I would tell him to go right to the hospital, something is seriously wrong with him, he literally looks and sounds like he is dying.

Spontaneous surprise tattoos? What are you doing, you know those things a permanent, right?  What is wrong with you?

Oh, I dunno, I'm thinking about dating you but talking on the phone? That's way too far, far too intimate.

Is Buddy drunk at the bar? Sure, let's do shots before we have to compete in a fitness competition. Disastrous? Yeah, that is totally what is going to keep you from winning. 

Yeah, that is not a run, that's not even a fast walk.

I love Manny's contempt for Whit, he's not even hiding it anymore.

Yes, you have had a man take care of you, you know him as Dad and you were living in his house and eating his food into your 30s. You remember when he co-signed on your house?

Hi, we're on the first few moments of our first date and I'm going to shit on your taste in music already. Whit, this is not how dating works, you find a mutual interest, don't shit on their taste immediately.

Your cat's are your children? How sad.

You don't feel the same excitement or contentment as with Lenny? You mean the guy that clearly wasn't into you and that you stalked because he didn't reply to your texts fast enough?

IT WAS YOUR DANCE BATTLE! IT WAS DONE SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR SHOW! THE ONLY REASON IT EXISTED WAS JUST FOR YOU? HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THE RULES?

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, John M said:

You have a sordid past with online dating because you were a bitch and didn't respond to someone reaching out with you? I'm sorry, Hi isn't good enough for you? Do you need a poem? You do know that most relationships start out with a hi, right?

Actually, that is the only point I agreed with her on. If a guy came up at a bar and said "hi," that makes sense. Writing someone a message (which is basically an email) that consists only of "hi" is weird. It indicates that he wants the woman to do the work in coming up with an actual introduction.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:
  1 hour ago, doesntworkonwood said:

The deadlifts were maybe 65-70lbs. VERY light.  And yeah, she should have been doing push-ups on a wall or a box or something.  Even with the sit-ups, she could have sat slightly back on a plyo-box and brought her knees up towards her chest to work the muscle groups if she couldn't do sit-ups proper. I had to do both of those substitutes for push-ups and sit-ups before. 

38 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I agree with you that her row form was decent for what it was (she was nearly vertical on the rows so she was not lifting much of her weight), but I disagree that form is less important at her size. I think it is MORE important, the more weight you're lifting/pushing (including body weight), to use proper form, because the risk of injury becomes that much greater when you add that much fixed resistance. Plus with her "knee problems," the nature of which she still hasn't revealed, so who knows?

Agreed. Proper form is about moving well and efficiently, and to avoid injury. 

There is no way that Whitney and Buddy were actually competing.  It looked like they were participating, but they had a completely different set of movement and weight standards than everyone else.  That's not now a competition goes.  They don't modify the standards to the individuals competing.  Competitors adhere to the standards laid out ahead of time.

They had someone demonstrating the acceptable movement standards for competition - the various means someone can get a bar overhead for the 30 cleans and jerks, and the same person was even demonstrating jumping pull-ups, which is a popular scaled movement for those who cannot do chin-over-bar pull-ups unassisted.  I have seen ring rows as a scaled movement substitute in a competition setting before, but there are specific requirements and standards. Most of the time, the rings are set at a height of 40" off the ground, the feet must stay planted below the rings, and the legs must stay straight.  No bend in the knee, no kip (like Whitney was doing).  

Buddy and Whitney did 100m per round. Pretty sure everyone else did 200m per round. They probably did the ring rows because jumping pull-ups (particularly the jumping part) was ill-advised at either of their sizes. 

The kettlebell was AT BEST an 8kg/18lb kettlebell. I've never seen that size specified in competition. Not even for the beginner-level competition I'm doing next month, or even for Masters level competitions (Masters level - for older folks).  Most of the time, a scaled level standard involving kettlebells will be 12kg/26lb for women.

I still find it funny that I haven't found anything with them competing in this online.

Edited by Yajmele
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

Actually, that is the only point I agreed with her on. If a guy came up at a bar and said "hi," that makes sense. Writing someone a message (which is basically an email) that consists only of "hi" is weird. It indicates that he wants the woman to do the work in coming up with an actual introduction.

A strong, confident, fabulous woman shouldn't have an issue with coming up with an introduction, and a feminist shouldn't have an issue with the man not living up to traditional gender roles.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

A strong, confident, fabulous woman shouldn't have an issue with coming up with an introduction, and a feminist shouldn't have an issue with the man not living up to traditional gender roles.

Back in my dating-site days (like 7 years ago), I didn't have a problem writing the "first email," but I never just wrote "hi." You should write an actual introduction, maybe mention something in their profile you liked. "Hi" by itself reeks of "I'm just emailing 'hi' to every woman on here in the hopes that someone will bite."

• Love 16

haha yeah that's true. But I guess I don't really have a problem with someone putting out feelers to see who bites. You still gotta chat, go out on a date, etc, so the initial thing to get the conversation going doesn't mean much to me. Unless what they say is a huge turnoff. I don't really do online dating though, so maybe if I had more experience I would be more annoyed by a lame introductory message.

• Love 2

I think that while the show is light and comical, there is a serious side that Whit may not consider when searching for a mate.  People with issues like Whit often end up needing caretakers, even those who are young like her.  I can see how that would be concerning for a man, even if he was attracted to her and found her interesting.   I get what Whit means by saying that she's INDEPENDENT, but, is she really? She needs a lot of help with things, like getting on clothing, scratching, and doing some pretty routine things.  (At least she did at one time. Not sure if she's still that dependent, since she's lost a little weight.)  These are the facts of reality that Whit sometimes overlooks.  But, I suspect she does know....ON THE INSIDE.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, M.F. Luder said:

haha yeah that's true. But I guess I don't really have a problem with someone putting out feelers to see who bites. You still gotta chat, go out on a date, etc, so the initial thing to get the conversation going doesn't mean much to me. Unless what they say is a huge turnoff. I don't really do online dating though, so maybe if I had more experience I would be more annoyed by a lame introductory message.

Online dating has some weird features, like "pokes" or "winks." That's where you can click a button to "wink" at someone, after which you...wait for them to write to you. My ex got so pissed off after we broke up when he would "wink" at women and they wouldn't write to him. I finally told him "dude, that is because you are being a total puss, bless your heart." Bottom line, I think we can all agree that online dating kind of sucks, LOL

• Love 6

What bugs me most about her is the fact that she takes anything and everything to the extreme in a delusional manner. A dating profile = "love". A competition = "win", even if she just started the activity.  

I'm surprised she didn't try to "win" the 5k she entered a couple seasons ago (winning times for women are usually under 20 minutes). What's next, she's going to try and win a belly dancing contest?  Whitney starts practicing MMA and hopes to knock out Rhonda Rousey? So. Fucking. Delusional. 

And I love how Maney snipped at her. That was genuine. 

• Love 9

Back in olden times, when couples still hid the fact that they had met on-line because it was considered faintly ludicrous and somewhat desperate to be on-line dating, I had quite a few of those interactions where someone responded to my profile with "hi."  In the beginning, I would just reply "hi" back. Then I'd get "what are you doing?" So I would (naively) reply, "checking my email :-) What are you doing?" And inevitably the answer would be some description of what he was doing while staring at my on-line photo (hint-not admiring my cheekbones), or planning what he intended to do to me when we met in person (hint - not gift me with flowers and whisk me away to the finest restaurant in town.) I can imagine what someone Whitney's size would get in response to her "hi" back, so I give her a pass on ignoring those messages.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, John M said:

You don't feel the same excitement or contentment as with Lenny? You mean the guy that clearly wasn't into you and that you stalked because he didn't reply to your texts fast enough?

She has incredibly low standards if that constitutes excitement. Poor Whit. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

Something I just thought about. 

While Whit, Tal, and Donna were at the tattoo parlor, Whitney got a text from Nathan.  Not an app notification or an email. A text to her phone.  I admit I'm out of touch with online dating these days, not since I met my (soon-to-be) husband via online dating over 5 years ago.  But are direct texts the norm now?  Because that strikes me as creepy as hell. I never wanted to give someone my phone number right off the bat because I didn't want to open the flood gates for potential creeps to send God-knows-what. 

Edited by Yajmele
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Yajmele said:

While Whit, Tal, and Donna were at the tattoo parlor, Whitney got a text from Nathan.  Not an app notification or an email. A text to her phone.  I admit I'm out of touch with online dating these days, not since I met my (soon-to-be) husband via online dating.  But are direct texts the norm now?  Because that strikes me as creepy as hell. I never wanted to give someone my phone number right off the bat because I didn't want potential creeps to have my phone number to send God-knows-what. 

I mentioned that too, Whitney gave him her phone number immediately and didn't even know his name. She is an idiot. Most people would never do that!

• Love 4
Just now, ClareWalks said:

I mentioned that too, Whitney gave him her phone number immediately and didn't even know his name. She is an idiot. Most people would never do that!

That's what struck me as odd. There was no indication they had talked previously.  Just a text with an introduction. 

28 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Online dating has some weird features, like "pokes" or "winks." That's where you can click a button to "wink" at someone, after which you...wait for them to write to you. My ex got so pissed off after we broke up when he would "wink" at women and they wouldn't write to him. I finally told him "dude, that is because you are being a total puss, bless your heart." Bottom line, I think we can all agree that online dating kind of sucks, LOL

I've never really done online dating so I guess I don't know how it really works. I'm more remain open to a relationship but don't pursue it, when you meet the right person you will know it when it happens, there is no pressure, things change, people change, feelings change, etc.

My boyfriend is the ex-partner of a guy a met at a bar two years before and briefly flirted with for a few weeks and we were pretty much best friends for a year before we started sleeping together and then started dating. My last serious relationship was a guy who was friends with a couple I knew and despised me and for that matter I couldn't stand him for probably a year before hate turned to love and we were together for over two years.

I've always thought of dating as a more organic thing and that if you are like Whit and chasing love, kids, building a life together, etc that it is just too much pressure and you end up being dumb about it. Just let things happen, if you put yourself out there they tend to without trying to force it or seek it out.

Edited by John M
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

It's got nothing to do with a woman being feminist, strong, or confident. Men on dating sites who send only "hi" messages, or winks/whatever, ARE looking for a woman who will do all the work - in other words, they are solely looking for sex and not a relationship.

If a woman is solely looking for sex, too, then it's great, but in case she's not, these sorts of messages are a red flag and to be avoided.

And no, he's not just "shy." Men will move heaven and earth to meet women they really want.

• Love 15

Another thing I noticed in the radio station. Lauren was still on maternity leave and they had no one filling in and they made a point to say that. Manny said there was only he and Roy. The point is, they prefer having no  third person over having Whitney fill-in. She has made it clear many times that she wanted to fill-in.

3 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

She wants someone REFINED? What the actual fuck. Her manner of speaking and her manner of self-expression are the exact opposite of "refined". She does not carry herself in a refined manner. She does not behave in a refined manner. She's the furthest thing from it. She's loud, she's rude, she's obnoxious, she's unrealistic. 

Just keeps getting better and better with the delusions. TLC really must hate her and I'm loving every second of this shit show. 

Edit--Could you see the hotel manager from Pretty Woman try to refine Whitney? Imagine the challenge that would be--trying to get Whitney to care about how many tines are on the fork!

I wonder if she considers her guffaw refined.

• Love 10

Y'all are seriously over-thinking this "dating" thing.  I still think "Nathan" is a hired actor, and the reason he had Twit's phone number to text to is that the production staff gave it to him.  There might even not been a real text - just a fake tone to make us think there was a text.  Did we even see the phone screen to make sure she actually got a text?

She knows he's safe to have her number/meet, because she knows he's just an actor who is auditioning to play her next boyfriend, like "Lenny" did.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, John M said:

Yes, you have had a man take care of you, you know him as Dad and you were living in his house and eating his food into your 30s. You remember when he co-signed on your house?

Right on, my brother!!!!  That is a very good point.

57 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

You are absolutely right if that is a true online dating situation. If he is an actor hired by TLC to play that role, it's not that big a deal.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Y'all are seriously over-thinking this "dating" thing.  I still think "Nathan" is a hired actor, and the reason he had Twit's phone number to text to is that the production staff gave it to him.  There might even not been a real text - just a fake tone to make us think there was a text.  Did we even see the phone screen to make sure she actually got a text?

Likely is a hired actor. I've already detailed how very fake that she and Buddy competing in Barbells for Boobs is. 

The reason I asked about that is that Donna picked up her phone and it had the green speech balloons that one sees with text messages on an iPhone. Is it entirely possible they edited the crap out this, put the text sound in and had Donna pull up some indistinguishable text messages?  Sure. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, okerry said:

It's got nothing to do with a woman being feminist, strong, or confident. Men on dating sites who send only "hi" messages, or winks/whatever, ARE looking for a woman who will do all the work - in other words, they are solely looking for sex and not a relationship.

If a woman is solely looking for sex, too, then it's great, but in case she's not, these sorts of messages are a red flag and to be avoided.

And no, he's not just "shy." Men will move heaven and earth to meet women they really want.

I was mostly being sarcastic about the strong, confident, feminist stuff to point out has Whitney spouts one thing while behaving like another. But, I also don't believe that you can make a definitive statement about a man's intention by one word. Maybe he's looking for sex and not a relationship, or maybe he's just playing a numbers game to get the conversation started with as many women as he can that at least pass the initial attraction test. If you have further conversation with him, and determine that he's not looking for a relationship, then go ahead and stop talking to him. Or never talk to him to begin with, but don't think you know what he's about just because he said "hi". I don't think it's fair to say that men will move heaven and earth to meet women they really want when we're talking about online dating where they would have no idea if they really want you or not cause they know nothing about you. Men can be just as wary about meeting women online as the other way around, so I don't see why they should have to expend a lot of energy to have women judge them as being unworthy of a relationship because their introductory message wasn't satisfactory.

I don't do competitions, but, wouldn't you think that if Buddy showed up to compete in one, someone in charge would insist on a medical exam?  I mean, for liability purposes alone, I'd be scared for him to get his heart rate up too much on my premises.

I know a lot of people who meet on line.  MANY, though, I haven't done it.  I would, but, I watch too many true crime, serial killer kind of shows. lol

The show has its issues, that's for sure, but, I still crack up when Whit calls Buddy Pooh Bear!  It just makes me laugh. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Kid said:

Another thing I noticed in the radio station. Lauren was still on maternity leave and they had no one filling in and they made a point to say that. Manny said there was only he and Roy. The point is, they prefer having no  third person over having Whitney fill-in. She has made it clear many times that she wanted to fill-in.

Whitney acts as though she's God's gift to whomever she's interacting with, as though they should be awed and humbled to be graced with her presence.

The ironic thing is that, given Lauren's maternity leave and the potential for cross-promotion, I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility for Whitney to have parlayed her entree at the Radio Station to a real on-air situation.  But she behaves so unprofessionally and immaturely that she blew any remote chance that might have been there.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Whitney acts as though she's God's gift to whomever she's interacting with, as though they should be awed and humbled to be graced with her presence.

The ironic thing is that, given Lauren's maternity leave and the potential for cross-promotion, I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility for Whitney to have parlayed her entree at the Radio Station to a real on-air situation.  But she behaves so unprofessionally and immaturely that she blew any remote chance that might have been there.

Valid points.  But, I don't think that radio shows have extremely high standards of conduct, based on what I've witnessed in the NC local for the last 20 years. It's almost like the most bizarre, shocking and unconventional the better. 

I do think Whit acts like a prima dona.  It's obvious her parents have spoiled her and she grew up more as an only child and of course the baby in the family.  My mom and some my cousins were raised that way.  lol  It doesn't get any better, imo.  

Did she really put "excitement" and "Lenny" in the same sentence without a negative?

I love a crass person like Twit demanding that her partner be a "Renaissance Man!"

Of course her "date" had signed all the release forms before contacting her at the tattoo parlor when Twit was warned he'd be calling.

I can't get enough Manny, he should be in every scene.

• Love 9

I don't do competitions, but, wouldn't you think that if Buddy showed up to compete in one, someone in charge would insist on a medical exam?  I mean, for liability purposes alone, I'd be scared for him to get his heart rate up too much on my premises.

Filling out a waiver beforehand is a pretty standard practice at a gym, or at any organized athletic competition. 

Edited by Yajmele
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Yajmele said:

Filling out a waiver beforehand is a pretty standard practice at a gym, or at any organized athletic competition. 

I don't recall ever signing one.  Oh well....still, I'd think that Buddy and Whit's trainer would be quite concerned with Buddy's appearance.  Maybe, I'm over reacting. 

4 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

And yes, Babs, keep dreaming that Brad Pitt is going to fall in love with your severely obese daughter who doesn't shower enough,

Oh, hell most of this season Babs has been tossing out random lines & non sequiturs for no reason other than too many viewers have said how "adorable" she is, so she's doing her damnest to keep up that fiction. I didn't fall for it. I know "adorable" ( or "precious"). I lived with it for 50 years. She was my mom. And much as I loved her, the Southern belle routine wears pretty thin pretty quick when you live with it.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Goes along with her thinking that she can be the best at everything. You can tell she annoys the shit out of Maney and Roy, and it flies right over her ego-inflated head. Maney growls at her to not talk because her mic isn't on, shoos her out and she SMILES, completely oblivious. The look on his face said it all. That radio station (and stations like it) are known for their outlandish content and even they appear tired of tolerating this sideshow that is Whitney. 

Whitney should stop trying to be the best at everything and be serious about learning and progressing. Oh wait! That requires work, not immediate gratification. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

The reason I asked about that is that Donna picked up her phone and it had the green speech balloons that one sees with text messages on an iPhone. Is it entirely possible they edited the crap out this, put the text sound in and had Donna pull up some indistinguishable text messages?  Sure. 

Forgot to add in my initial post.  Did anyone notice how Donna was by Tal's side holding his hand while the tattoo was going on?  And Twit calling her Boo Boo?  Is 'boo' in every nickname for her nearest and dearest?

• Love 1

I noticed how weird the spontaneous tattoos were too.  Whit acted like she asked Tal if he wanted to go get a burger rather than a tattoo.   Tal definitely knew what was coming -- she barely had the words out of her mouth & he was like " yeah, let's go."  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Yajmele said:

While Whit, Tal, and Donna were at the tattoo parlor, Whitney got a text from Nathan.  Not an app notification or an email. A text to her phone.  I admit I'm out of touch with online dating these days, not since I met my (soon-to-be) husband via online dating over 5 years ago.  But are direct texts the norm now?  Because that strikes me as creepy as hell. I never wanted to give someone my phone number right off the bat because I didn't want to open the flood gates for potential creeps to send God-knows-what. 

I just assumed that it was a push notification to her phone, through the dating site.  You know, instead of the message going to email, it goes through as a text message?  I thought she said that she gave him her number after getting the first text.  Even that is pretty quick, but I do think the first contact was through the site.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The show has its issues, that's for sure, but, I still crack up when Whit calls Buddy Pooh Bear!  It just makes me laugh. 

She actually calls him BOO Bear.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

I just assumed that it was a push notification to her phone, through the dating site.  You know, instead of the message going to email, it goes through as a text message?  I thought she said that she gave him her number after getting the first text.  Even that is pretty quick, but I do think the first contact was through the site.

She actually calls him BOO Bear.

REALLY?  Like Boo Boo Bear?   Oh well....I like Pooh Bear better.   He looks more like Pooh than Boo to me! lol 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Valid points.  But, I don't think that radio shows have extremely high standards of conduct, based on what I've witnessed in the NC local for the last 20 years. It's almost like the most bizarre, shocking and unconventional the better. 

Oh, I think Whitney's "persona", such as it is, would fit in perfectly on this sort of Morning Zoo Yapfest.  

But you can't waddle around the studio acting like it's The Whitney Show.  You have to remember who's the Zookeeper.  For every "job" we've seen Whitney try on this series, she's had absolutely no respect whatsoever for her ostensible supervisor or boss.

• Love 8

I pretty much assumed that phone Whitney uses (well in the tattoo parlor) was a prop that she uses on her "show". Who knows if she doesn't have other real phones she uses for her real life? I have real emails and junk emails. This is not a reality show FOR REAL, lol  :>)

33 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Oh, I think Whitney's "persona", such as it is, would fit in perfectly on this sort of Morning Zoo Yapfest.  

But you can't waddle around the studio acting like it's The Whitney Show.  You have to remember who's the Zookeeper.  For every "job" we've seen Whitney try on this series, she's had absolutely no respect whatsoever for her ostensible supervisor or boss.

Her persona is too damn serious to fit in with Morning Zoo type stuff. She can't seem to quickly improvise sarcasm or humor, so I don't think she'd fit in despite having worked in radio previously. She takes herself and everything else too seriously and also doesn't realize she's the joke, and the joke is getting old because she still thinks everyone likes her, or at least acts like she thinks that's the case. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't recall ever signing one.  Oh well....still, I'd think that Buddy and Whit's trainer would be quite concerned with Buddy's appearance.  Maybe, I'm over reacting. 

You absolutely do sign a release. I've done a lot of races through the years. You would be shocked at the people who show up, some decide to run marathons on a dare without any training, people will show up for a triathlon barely knowing how to swim- sometimes having to be pulled out of a lake!  You'd be surprised how many people sit home on their couches and think anyone can do that!

I for one give both Whitney and Buddy a lot of credit for doing what they are doing.  I'm a couple of hundred pounds lighter than either and would not put myself out there to be ridiculed.  Say what you will, they are doing something! They are moving.  I'm not going to sit on my couch and judge them for it.

• Love 2