Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Whitney Gets A Date

• Start Topic

Whitney has said that she doesn't bother with a more supportive sports bra because her boobs "aren't that heavy and big." Translation: "My breasts are all fat, no actual breast tissue. If I weren't 200 lb overweight, I'd be flat as a board, so I show off tons of cleavage to make myself feel better about not losing weight."

• Love 4
5 hours ago, John M said:

I know it was a fake date for a TV show but come on, what kind of emotionally stunted person in their 30s doesn't kiss on a first date? If you don't kiss is it even a date?

Meh, I have been on several dates that I didn't kiss the guy. If I'm not into it or if it's just awkward (my Mardi Gras date comes to mind, it's awkward as hell when the taxi driver is staring at you), I'm not going to kiss him anywhere but on the cheek. I can see why he'd say he hadn't kissed her if that was the kind of thing that went on.

In general, I don't think it's weird not to kiss someone on the first date, but this is Whitney we're talking about. If she hasn't shown her "beg", flashed you her underboob, or bent down and shaken her ass in your face within the first 20 minutes, then you are one of the rare humans that Whitney doesn't want sexual attention from.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

I, for one, would find it awkward to kiss someone when there's a tv crew with a camera shoved in my face.  But maybe that's just me.

It didn't bother Twit with Amanda.

Things I could have gone without seeing: Twit and Boo Bear at the trampoline park. "It's like when I had a boyfriend with a waterbed." She's not even a few minutes in and she's bitching. Put on a damn bra and a better shirt.

Twit, ain't no way in hell French fries are things you should be eating. Also, when doing "push ups" Twit's gut or crotch never left the floor. She was just lifting her chest. But given that rolling on the floor appears to be a workout move for her, I judge.

I want to know what dirt she has on each of the social barnacles that they let they are willing to be seen on air.

Edited by MegD
Clarified my last sentence so it made sense.
  • Love 4

Whitney, you must not, you cannot wear leggings as pants. Stop. Also: no more piercings or tattoos.

Jumping on a trampoline: what's the instance of strained, sprained, and broken ankles? Orthopedists; weigh in. (hee)
Why does she involve herself in so many competitions, bogus and otherwise? Why pile on the stress?
I like the coach's advice: "you have to learn to be comfortable in every situation."  Something I need to keep in mind.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:49 PM, Alapaki said:

Whitney just seems so pathetic whining about the Dance Competition.  "If you don't count our bad scores, we won!"  And does she not realize that by whining about ignorance of the rules and lack of preparation she's only indicting herself?

But this "I'm the bomb at EVERYTHING!! I know ALL the dance!! I know ALL the EVERYTHING!! I'M FABULOUS!!!" cry to instant "Wait, what are we doing? What are the rules? How does this work?" confusion (she did it when she and Buddy showed up at the "competition") is SO RIDICULOUS!!! And she does it OVER and OVER and OVER again... The delusion is SO strong with this one. It's almost baffling. 

You know... except for the fact that I've never starred in a feature film, I won an Oscar for Best Actress. No really. I did. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, John M said:

There is information that throws Whitney's world into a tailspin? Honey, you've gone on one date and it was a fake date for TV, you met on the internet, why information could possibly throw Whit's world into a tailspin? That he's Whit's real father? That he's a secret child from one of her parent's affair? Come on.

He's with Weight Watchers?  Is writing a diet book?  Is Kerryn's brother?

• Love 3

What makes this show a bit creepy to me is the show itself gives her reason to remain morbidly obese. Does she ever talk about attempting to lose weight? I recall in the early shows her father was encouraging her to do so.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

What makes this show a bit creepy to me is the show itself gives her reason to remain morbidly obese. Does she ever talk about attempting to lose weight? I recall in the early shows her father was encouraging her to do so.

In the beginning, I think the plot line was that she was working on losing weight while not being ashamed of where she was at that point. As time went on she went for the No Body Shame and was "proud" to be heavy and nothing anyone said would make her want to change her body, and if you suggested it, you were fat shaming her. She set out to prove she could be morbidly obese and healthy at the same time...fail! We've seen her struggle to do so many things most people can do easily, and things most of us never would...like pee in a hot tub. 

This show has devolved just as Sister Wives has from a good and interesting premise for the first couple of seasons to a totally scripted/faked bunch of scenarios that are just acted out to keep the show on TV. 

• Love 6
On 4/28/2020 at 7:53 PM, Gramto6 said:

In the beginning, I think the plot line was that she was working on losing weight while not being ashamed of where she was at that point. As time went on she went for the No Body Shame and was "proud" to be heavy and nothing anyone said would make her want to change her body, and if you suggested it, you were fat shaming her. She set out to prove she could be morbidly obese and healthy at the same time...fail! We've seen her struggle to do so many things most people can do easily, and things most of us never would...like pee in a hot tub. 

This show has devolved just as Sister Wives has from a good and interesting premise for the first couple of seasons to a totally scripted/faked bunch of scenarios that are just acted out to keep the show on TV. 

Thanks for responding. To some degree I was shamed into quitting smoking but in the long run it was a motivation. It made me want to be a non-smoker. I could have gotten into an attitude you're smoke shaming me. Hopefully as the show wanes in interest she'll get a heart stirring epiphany and go through the saga of losing weight and dealing with stretched skin.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Thanks for responding. To some degree I was shamed into quitting smoking but in the long run it was a motivation. It made me want to be a non-smoker. I could have gotten into an attitude you're smoke shaming me. Hopefully as the show wanes in interest she'll get a heart stirring epiphany and go through the saga of losing weight and dealing with stretched skin.

Yeah, good for you, but no, I don't think our Twit is ever going to do anything but give excuses for why she is overweight, and that she is healthy at that weight. Until the day she has a heart attack or some other really serious medical issue she is going to live in her delusion that PCOS is her problem and she is healthy at any weight. So sad but I think true...

• Love 2