Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: 5pm - 6pm

Let me get this straight Carter has already fucked up with every move that he made, now he is going to risk the lives of thousands of people for his wife and brother? That preview is misleading right? He cannot be such a dumbass.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Let me get this straight Carter has already fucked up with every move that he made, now he is going to risk the lives of thousands of people for his wife and brother? That preview is misleading right? He cannot be such a dumbass.

Ha! I mean I know CTU isn't all that, but the originating dumbass action that caused all this originated with Ben. Then Gabriel got the drop on Eric and took himself out of the equation. Locke was harsh but he told no lies when he said Ben started this crap.

Poor Officer Jenkins almost came through. Amira unfortunately was a bit more committed to seeing her brother's wishes to the end. (BTW way to pass the buck Khasan. Roped your sister into this and then taken out by a bullet) Dad did the best he could given the situation. Tried to talk her out of it and when that failed reported it to the authorities. At least Amira and her shenanigans are over.

I know Mullins is new to this job, but Rebecca isn't. And given she's taken control for the most part she seems to be stepping back too much when it counts.

Well we got an Andy and Locke exchange afterall, with Andy being a snooty ass. 'What I did was show courage' uh, no what you did was continue to kiss up to Rebecca, dude. Locke at least was like WTF aren't you running this op which if you read between the lines Andy is Locke saying 'This is bullshit you not running this op which means you watching my back. I trust you with my life, this chick I don't know that well.' Wonder if we'll get a more emotional Locke when he finds out Eric pulled Andy into the field to save Nicole and Isaac. 

So the bomb blows up and everyone is shocked. Which yes, any attack is going to be devastating especially when they had come so close to stopping it but do any of these people remember a nuke went off in Valencia in their lifetime? Things could be way worse!

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 7
(edited)

That sequence with the bridge was very well done. This show works as action if not as a character drama, Eric's tears over Ben nonwithstanding. I cared more about that poor now-deceased Bridge Cop than any of the leads.

So was that guy who Rebecca and Locke were talking to on the screen the sitting POTUS? Or some intellegence Head Honcho?

Edited by marinw
  • Love 6

Major points to poor Papa Chechen for almost literally being the sanest person in at least the past two episodes of this show.  And a few points to Show for actually swerving me about the fate of Mr. Harris, let alone Amira and Jenkins the bridge cop (who came dangerously close to stealing the show from Amira; the bridge sequence was surprisingly understated and effective).

OTOH...I need the show to explain how the hell Hipster Kid Terrorist knew where Action Bae and Isaac were, because barring another mole that made negative sense and damn near torpedoed the episode.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Andy is Locke saying 'This is bullshit you not running this op which means you watching my back. I trust you with my life, this chick I don't know that well.' Wonder if we'll get a more emotional Locke when he finds out Eric pulled Andy into the field to save Nicole and Isaac. 

Mariana is a mole or is that just too freaking obvious? Happens just to be there the day where all of this goes down. Somebody leaked that information and I'm guessing it's her. They had the satellite feed before it hit the news. Too much cover, yeah right. Chloe (or Andy likely) would have had 10 megapixel resolution on their faces.  

3 minutes ago, Bill C. said:

.I need the show to explain how the hell Hipster Kid Terrorist knew where Action Bae and Isaac were, because barring another mole that made negative sense and damn near torpedoed the episode.

Mariana again. She knew that CTU had been told to pick up her up and gave the location. 

• Love 1

Unbelievable but true...somebody besides CTU cannot set up a perimeter...Isaac WTF! This is your hood and Team Bin-Khalid surprised your hapless team.

How did nobody see 6 - 10 terrorists leave the house with that super hi-res satellite?

7 minutes ago, DrScottie said:

[Mariana] knew that CTU had been told to pick up her up and gave the location.

You're likely right, DrScottie.  It doesn't quite explain the footage leaked to the media (going off the camera work shown it was ground-level footage--but that doesn't rule out Mariana tipping off a stringer), but it definitely explains Action Bae and Isaac getting jumped.  And since we have to have one CTU mole per season or thereabouts, and Pa Donovan averted that...

29 minutes ago, marinw said:

So was that guy who Rebecca and Locke were talking to on the screen the sitting POTUS? Or some intellegence Head Honcho?

If that was POTUS, Mullins would have been far more formal

• Love 1

I multitasked during the show. Not much held my interest til the bridge blew up. Given that it was the tail end of rush hour, am surprised the damage wasn't worse.

Mariana the mole.  Sounds good.

1 hour ago, marinw said:

That sequence with the bridge was very well done. This show works as action if not as a character drama, Eric's tears over Ben nonwithstanding. I cared more about that poor now-deceased Bridge Cop than any of the leads.

Was coming here to post the same thing!! I liked poor officer Jenkins. He was more effective in 10 secknds than CTU has been in 10 years (granted the end result).

I was under the mistaken impression that this season was near Arlington Virginia and DC? I could have sworn that was mentioned early in the season, but I guess we're in NYC. Credit for showing an actual NYC location (green screened I know) rather than season 8 which just dabbled in endless warehouses to cover them actually filming in LA

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheRabbi said:

Was coming here to post the same thing!! I liked poor officer Jenkins. He was more effective in 10 secknds than CTU has been in 10 years (granted the end result).

I was under the mistaken impression that this season was near Arlington Virginia and DC? I could have sworn that was mentioned early in the season, but I guess we're in NYC. Credit for showing an actual NYC location (green screened I know) rather than season 8 which just dabbled in endless warehouses to cover them actually filming in LA

The cells are spread out across several states...CTU is in D.C.

Dumb dumb Amira. At least she's dead. That's one consolation.  I just couldn't with tears about her brother. "They took him from me, and now I'm all alone." No dear, that was all your fault. Won't miss Khasan or Harris either.

I'm more and more preoccupied with wanting Locke and Andy to have some quality alone time.

Well that and wondering what Major Dad's angle is now trying to gaslight his own son. I actually giggled this time when Jimmy Smits called him dad.   You really do have to suspend disbelief on that one. And on this show, that's saying something.  

I thought it was POTUS' Chief of Staff but not sure why.

Boy terrorists can hustle with CTU only 30 seconds out.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TDT said:

Guess no one at that high school will ever know of Mr Harris's role in the whole thing lol..

They'll piece it together when they run background checks on him and find his credit card and school expenses and discover he was ordering more chemicals than needed to teach a high school class. He possibly also has text messages and other correspondence on his phone/laptop with Amira that spells out their relationship and they'll figure it out.

Also once they sweep/CSI as part of the investigation the chemistry lab they'll find a LOT of blood residue and be able to connect it to Drew and realize that he was in on the attack on Drew that sent him to the hospital.

11 hours ago, marinw said:

hadn't thought of it that way, but yep, I was way more bummed that Jenkins when called to action on a regular day and nearly saved the day, died a hero due to stupid Amira. The only characters of the main cast I'm interested in are Andy and Locke.

3 hours ago, vb68 said:

I'm more and more preoccupied with wanting Locke and Andy to have some quality alone time.

Exactly.

11 hours ago, DrScottie said:

Mariana is a mole or is that just too freaking obvious?

They did plant she was Edgar's niece. Maybe her becoming a CTU agent wasn't about honoring him but trying to take down the machine she holds responsible for his death.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Bill C. said:

Hipster Kid Terrorist

Is there a reason why he's being referred to as Hipster Kid Terrorist, because he doesn't look like a hipster.  He's not wearing skinny jeans and he's not vaping, he's not covered in tattoos.  He's young, but he's not a kid, he's a young man.  However, he does look an awful lot like Milo Yiannopolous!

12 hours ago, DrScottie said:

Mariana is a mole or is that just too freaking obvious?

Too obvious!  It's gotta be Mullins.

12 hours ago, Bill C. said:

Jenkins the bridge cop

Jenkins: It's just me here...

Mullins: Stop that truck. Attach the Batwinch cable. Fly that damn truck off the bridge to open water! Good Luck!

They explained in the previous episode that the terrorist cell had a number of cell phones "marked"--the one that Eric was using when he was travelling with Grimes to meet Gabriel.  They were tracking that vehicle along the way to meet Gabriel.  I assume with that tracker that they can monitor communications as well--?

8 hours ago, vb68 said:

Not too likely since Andy is going on a suicide mission with Carter....

• Love 1
(edited)

Locke is going to redeem himself by rescuing Andy.  He'll rush in, fully armored and armed, screaming "RELEASE MY BOYFRIEND!!!"

Classic case of liberal values triumphing over religious fundamentalism.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2
(edited)

Am I being irritatingly naive in thinking that Henry might actually be suffering from some form of dementia and goes into phases of not being able to remember stuff?

Edited by TimWil
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Locke is going to redeem himself by rescuing Andy.  He'll rush in, fully armored and armed, screaming "RELEASE MY BOYFRIEND!!!"

Classic case of liberal values triumphing over religious fundamentalism.

If he knows where Eric and Andy are going, if he does, Mullins (the 3rd party) might stop him :xD

• Love 2

I wasn't impressed with Andy and Locke's two second "moment." They might as well be invisible wallpaper. Also, if Andy is stupid enough to go off with Eric, he deserves to be killed. Locke better not endanger himself trying to save him.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was very surprised that the GWB was blown up. I live in the tri-state area, so I actually found that disturbing and uncomfortable. That said, I do agree that that scene was riveting and effective. I knew Amira hadn't been killed - that would've been too easy. I was a little surprised that earlier,  she'd swung back to being so hard core after she'd been wavering and expressing hesitation. I guess she was just so totally overwhelmed and stunned and saw no good way to extricate herself, so she ran with it. Hell, she killed the kid in the hospital, I guess killing her teacher/lover was no big deal after that, especially to avenge her brother's death. One thing that we'll probably never find out is how and why the teacher got involved with all of this. It's one thing that he started messing around with a student - that's bad enough!! But then to consent to getting involved with a terrorist cell? How'd he make that leap? Weird.

Edited by Biggie B
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Andy: [eyeroll] A little bit late for that now!

• Love 1

Guess no one at that high school will ever know of Mr Harris's role in the whole thing lol..

He should have bailed on the bomb plan, shaved his head and called himself Heisenberg.

Why didn't someone drag in Uncle Tio? Isn't he supposed to be Major Dad's right hand man?

Smell ya later Chechen Terror Teen.  And Jenkins (we hardly knew ye). And David. And 

I was not surprised when she woke up to trigger the bomb.

The problem with Jenkins is that he was likely stationed on the NY side of the bridge, but he walked to the middle and stopped the van.
How long does it take to cross the GWB ?  Because traffic was moving pretty good, and there is no way he had time to make it all the way to the middle.

On 3/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, SimoneS said:

It's really dumbass since the CTU can ping Nicole's phone and get her location.  But, no, Eric has to place thousands of lives at risk when he knows Jabdalla is going to kill them if he helps or not.

On 3/6/2017 at 9:40 PM, Bill C. said:

I need the show to explain how the hell Hipster Kid Terrorist knew where Action Bae and Isaac were, because barring another mole that made negative sense and damn near torpedoed the episode.

That whole sequence -- the terrorists showing up unexpectedly, totally bypassing Isaac's security and taking out both CTU agents and Isaac's gang -- was so bad.

18 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

They'll piece it together when they run background checks on him and find his credit card and school expenses and discover he was ordering more chemicals than needed to teach a high school class.

They'll know he's involved when they go to Amira's and find his body  Working backwards from there won't be hard.

1- I'm pretty convinced that there's something strange going on with The Mullins guy. Anyway, i wouldn't blame him or cousin stiles for selling nicole's location. I think that the leak of that information won't be shared, it will be skipped as something usual in this kind of series (The bad guys knowing everything). But let's be more optimistic. Do you remember Aisha? Well, she ran away, and she obviusly knows where Nicole was. So, maybe... She could have sold that information in exchange of something. I dunno, but she was a pretty interesting character and i wasn't sure about her escape being The last time we'd seen her.

2- i have a big problem with carter. His acting and personality are fine, he's a decent character (not good enough to be The lead one in my not so humble opinion but meh, That's not what annoys me The most). The main problem is that he doesn't seem to be a leader. He has almost The same time on screen than The rest of The people, he usually fails, he hasn't shown yet any memorable quality and he is a mister no one for everybody. He doesn't have authority or influence in The rest, and isn't neither familiarised with the ctu's methods. Tell me, wasn't it a bit strange to see our lead character being just a normal soldier going after The "captain" locke when they were entering in The terrorists place?

3- last thing. 24 has always given us a really relevant evil character who was The master head of everything at The end of The seasons. I'm just thinking: ¿why tony Almeida hasn't appeared yet?... I'm hoping he does soon to make The show more exciting for the old series' fans like me.

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm argentinian).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, raama135 said:

a big problem with carter. His acting and personality are fine, he's a decent character (not good enough to be The lead one in my not so humble opinion but meh, That's not what annoys me The most). The main problem is that he doesn't seem to be a leader. He has almost The same time on screen than The rest of The people, he usually fails, he hasn't shown yet any memorable quality and he is a mister no one for everybody. He doesn't have authority or influence in The rest, and isn't neither familiarised with the ctu's methods. Tell me, wasn't it a bit strange to see our lead character being just a normal soldier going after The "captain" locke when they were entering in The terrorists place?

3- last thing. 24 has always given us a really relevant evil character who was The master head of everything at The end of The seasons. I'm just thinking: ¿why tony Almeida hasn't appeared yet?... I'm hoping he does soon to make The show more exciting for the old series' fans like me.

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm argentinian).

Starting with your last part, Tony is in the preview for next week and it looks like he's working WITH CTU and not as a pure villain which surprised me. On your other note, I agree. I just don't see Carter as a lead. Unless this is a mini series, they didn't do a good job of framing him for future seasons. The fact that he doesn't work at CTU or the FBI hinders him. I also feel by not putting anyone close to him in danger until now, it's limited our ability to really care about him. The stakes just aren't high enough. Maybe in future weeks it'll improve, but as of now I'm not sold on him as a lead. Ideally I wish Nicole was the lead. Maybe they could've had him with the same back story, but have Nicole work at CTU so they have a reason to have her there.

The plot advantage of Carter being an outsider is that he can put the national / self interest ahead of any CTU directives without worrying about getting fired / promoted. When Jack Bauer was driven by revenge, he was always conflicted because of his CTU loyalty. Then he always ended up in hiding / running for a year or two. Carter won't have that baggage.

5 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

Starting with your last part, Tony is in the preview for next week and it looks like he's working WITH CTU and not as a pure villain which surprised me.

Well, even though i knew this could happen, it doesn't seem The most accurate to me considering that The last times we saw Tony he was a terrorist and breaking out of prison. It's not about his reasons, But The logical thing would be CTU don't trusting this guy or sending him back to prison. We'll see how it works.

9 minutes ago, raama135 said:

Well, even though i knew this could happen, it doesn't seem The most accurate to me considering that The last times we saw Tony he was a terrorist and breaking out of prison.

CTU/Tony could be in FBI/Hannibal Lecter mode, using a terrorist to catch a terrorist.

2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

CTU/Tony could be in FBI/Hannibal Lecter mode, using a terrorist to catch a terrorist.

Tony: "Quid pro quo Mullins...what do ya say, old sport?"

• Love 1

Tony was never a terrorist for ideology.  He simply took "the ends justify the means" to a terrible conclusion in pursuit of vengeance and to bring down the secret organisation which, let's not beat around the bush, killed an ex-president, tried to have another killed and sold chemical, nuclear and biological weapons as well as state secrets to multiple terrorist groups.  Even killing Jack made perfect sense as a play.  Tony at his darkest was only a hair's breadth away from Jack on the moral spectrum most of the time.

As for the episode -- a big step up.  The bridge sequence was tense and the guy on the bridge was brilliant (although it hit close to home after yesterday).  Amira's plot finally clicked and then didn't overstay its welcome (although I was disappointed it didn't end up folding into the CTU storyline... Amira had been well-developed enough that there's more they could have done with her).  Love the role of the dad and brother.

Although kidnapping Nicole and Isaac is a little hackneyed, they're more interesting as hostages than in their own storyline.  I'm cautious though that this is the third contrivance to make Eric go rogue in the space of six episodes.  "24" would do this to Jack a couple of times a season but doing it in such quick succession feels like there's not momentum behind the storyline.  Donovan's plot also seems really aimless.

Anyway, it may not be top-tier in the whole history of the show but it's certainly a high-watermark for Legacy and with Tony playing a part, things can only get better.