Type keyword(s) to search

Dance Moms in the Media

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Well, finally some good news. Now I'll never be tempted to watch any episodes again.

However, I do really feel bad that Abby has cancer. No one deserves that.

Don't ask Kelly or Christi; they might feel differently! They truly did go over to the "dark side" at their respective ends; making up stuff as they went along with video proof showing them "FOS!" Been checking out the last season and I'm so disappointed in Kalani! She never really excelled the way Abby wanted her, often running 2nd place again and again! By the end she was injury prone, didn't seem to have the desire to dance actually making Kira tell Aisha she wasn't doing that last solo! They really wanted to concentrate on the group number supposedly! It might as well come out the girls weren't prepared or physically able to do it by then! Glad Nia found something else to do; that SOAP is a huge break if it works out! ;-)

Did you see where Nia is paid $2,500.00 per episode for her stint on the Bold & Beautiful soap opera?    Glad she is moving on with her life.  The contract also states she gets 2 weeks off per year.  Hard to believe that she is only 16.  I guess I had forgotten exactly how young those girls really were when the show first started.

• Love 1

- https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/06/cancer-stricken-abby-lee-miller-teases-amazing-news/?utm_source=email&em_hash=1df936b04ea7f502f134b901d058e383 -

…….

The Lifetime show was cancelled in May after Miller’s cancer diagnosis, but there’s nothing to prevent it from coming back if she got a better bill of health.

Followers must stay tuned as nobody knows yet what Miller, 51, was referring to!

Devoted fans wish her well even though the ex-TV reality show star was disgraced and served a sentence in Victorville federal prison for not reporting an international monetary transaction and one count of concealing bankruptcy assets.

…..

RadarOnline.com exclusively revealed on March 27 that Miller had been transferred from Victorville federal prison to a halfway house in Van Nuys, California. Just days later, however, Miller was hit with a huge medical crisis!

Miller was ultimately diagnosed with Burkitt lymphoma, a rare and fast-growing cancer that affects the lymph nodes. She’s had a rough time with chemo, as a spy told Radar.

The former Dance Moms teacher has shared much of her health situation via Instagram, including hospital visits from friends and former students.

….

Abby Lee Miller returning to 'Dance Moms' Season 8

Miller will return to TV for 'Dance Moms' Season 8.  (AP)

Abby Lee Miler is returning to "Dance Moms!"

Following a few arduous years, the 51-year-old reality star will be making her comeback on the Lifetime series' upcoming eighth season, a source tells ET.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:34 AM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

Elliana and Mackenzie Are Going to Be on the Spin-Off Series Dancing With The Stars Junior

https://www.puredwts.com/2018/07/15/puredwts-dwts-junior-season-1-lets-talk-about-the-cast-so-far/

It looks like Elliana is a "pro" and Mackenzie is a "celeb." That seems odd. I know Mackenzie has been doing music, but she's famous from being on a dance show for years. It seems a bit unfair. I guess because she only wants to do one season?

I haven't heard of anyone else on those lists of kids.

I don’t know why Maesi and her mother keep coming back when Abby Lee is so mentally and verbally abusive to her. Ugh, I feel awful for Maesi.

I might watch the first couple of episodes and decide if I’m in. I can’t stand Lilliana or Elliana’s mothers either, so I guess I’ll have to see who the other new kids/moms are.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Kazzy25 said:

I don’t know why Maesi and her mother keep coming back when Abby Lee is so mentally and verbally abusive to her. Ugh, I feel awful for Maesi.

They come back to be on TV, the same reason the other girls came back for so long. Maesi probably wasn't on long enough to get any other offers like the original girls did. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

They come back to be on TV, the same reason the other girls came back for so long. Maesi probably wasn't on long enough to get any other offers like the original girls did. 

From another site, I've been informed about an open casting call by Abby! Lifetime hasn't confirmed it's on, but they are looking at the possibility of restarting the show with Elli & Lilli anchoring the talent! ;-)

Repost: - "Some info on Season 8:

Producers opened casting applications for Season 8, for dancers aged 7 to 12. Final callbacks were held in front of Abby on September 8th and 9th.

Executive producer Bryan Stinson has confirmed that Season 8 is a possibility,[3] however, Lifetime has yet to announce if it will go ahead.

It has been strongly implied that Elliana Walmsley, Lilliana Ketchman and Maesi Caes, alongside their mothers, will be returning."

latest?cb=20180910135124

So the production company and Abby are trying to peddle a show and Lifetime holds the rights.  I understand Abby needs the job and income and the production company would like to re-create the golden goose, but the majority of the audience may have moved on.  

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, Kazzy25 said:

I might watch the first couple of episodes and decide if I’m in. I can’t stand Lilliana or Elliana’s mothers either, so I guess I’ll have to see who the other new kids/moms are.

That's part of the lure of the show; the rambunctious and at times perverted relationship Abby has with a mom or 2 and a kid who she feels is lacking! If everything went smoothly with no viscous commentary, who'd watch? ;-)

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

So the production company and Abby are trying to peddle a show and Lifetime holds the rights.  I understand Abby needs the job and income and the production company would like to re-create the golden goose, but the majority of the audience may have moved on.  

Nope; it's still going on strong in syndication as far I can tell! The DVD's are on sale on Amazon and Walmart that I've seen! It's still appearing nightly on Lifetime (LRW)! Season 1 restarted and went right into Season when Kendall/Jill were brought on! I can't wait for season 3 when the drama got really rolling with strikes, holdouts, replacement talent, and the inevitable tumultuous reconciliation! It was great! ;-)

Mackenzie performed on a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade this morning. I didn’t recognize her until the graphics flashed her name! I can’t believe how grown up she looks. All I could think about is her being so small and wanting to “stay home and eat chips.”

On 11/22/2018 at 4:34 PM, Kazzy25 said:

Mackenzie performed on a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade this morning. I didn’t recognize her until the graphics flashed her name! I can’t believe how grown up she looks. All I could think about is her being so small and wanting to “stay home and eat chips.”

She's currently on this show http://forums.previously.tv/forum/4217-dancing-with-the-stars-juniors/

On 11/21/2018 at 10:13 AM, Rebecca said:

Is this shit coming back for another season or not? And if so, it’ll be ALL new people? 

Welp, another season it is. Abby just confirmed on Instagram that Season 8 starts filming at the end of January and she will be returning to the show. The producers started auditions for Season 8 back in September, so I'm assuming they've got a new team put together at this point.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2019 at 7:53 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

The producers invited Maesi back for Season 8, but she turned it down. I already posted that Elliana was also invited back but she turned it down too. Not sure about Lilly, maybe she's coming back?

c00cgzqgl1a21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Good for her!

I wonder if Lillianna will become the new “Maddie” on this team. I’ll probably check out the first couple of episodes and make my decision from there. I feel like it just won’t be the same. I too find it interesting they’re back in Pittsburgh, too!

On 1/19/2019 at 11:31 PM, KaveDweller said:

Interesting that they are doing it from Pittsburgh. Didn't she sell her old studio.

I hope I can be strong and not get sucked in. There is so much great TV, I hate to waste time on Dance Moms ridiculousness.

No, she leased it to another dance company. 

I just fail to see what they're going to film. No reputable competition will let Abby Lee & her cameras near their competitions and throwing kids together who we have no investment in doesn't make for great TV. 

• Love 2

Some of these kids too old.  That boy Brady is gonna age out quickly seeing as he's already 14 years old. Gia and Hannah are turning 14 this year. The other girls are around the ages 11-12. I think they're making a big mistake by not bringing more younger ones in like Kamryn who is 7 years old. 

On 1/27/2019 at 2:41 PM, Diane Mars said:

I put it here, because I think it's the best place, regarding the content :

I kind of feel bad for her hearing about all the people who were harassing her on the show. But she seems to be over it and doing well.

But I don't remember really having a problem with Payton, it was more her mother who was portrayed as pretty awful.

• Love 1

Late news, but Ava got the lead role in a Netflix teen movie called Tall Girl.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/tall-girl-movie-ava-michelle-netlfix-griffin-gluck-luke-eisner-sabrina-carpenter-cast-1202540598/

Netflix has cast actor-dancer-model Ava Michelle to star in Tall Girl, currently shooting underway in New Orleans after an open search was conducted last fall for a lead actress 5-foot-10 or taller and between the ages of 13-21. They eventually landed on Michelle, who is 6-foot-1, to make her feature film debut playing Jodi, the tallest girl in her school who has never quite felt comfortable in her own statuesque skin.All of that changes when she falls for the handsome (and equally tall) foreign exchange student Stig who, of course, gets Jodi’s quirky, best, male friend Dunkleman and his hippie mom as a host family. As a result, Jodi is embroiled in a surprising love triangle, which helps her realize she’s far more than her insecurities about her height have led her to believe, and that she must embrace what makes her different and be proud to stand out, not fit in.

Netflix has been killing it lately with their teenage movies so good for her! A project where her height came in handy.

Maddie Has Landed a Part in Spielberg's West Side Story Remake 

Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story is casting up with over 40 performers set as Sharks and Jets, the rival street gangs at the center of the musical’s timeless love story. Leading the Jets as Riff will be Mike Faist, who is best known for originating roles in the Broadway productions of Dear Evan Hansen and Newsies. Also, Puerto Rican singer and dancer Ana Isabelle will play Rosalia, who works with Maria (played by newcomer Rachel Zegler). Dance Moms alum Maddie Ziegler has also been cast as part of the Jets

https://deadline.com/2019/04/steven-spielbergs-west-side-story-casting-sharks-jets-chorus-1202596540/

(edited)
On 1/27/2019 at 1:15 PM, WildFlower87 said:

Some of these kids too old.  That boy Brady is gonna age out quickly seeing as he's already 14 years old. Gia and Hannah are turning 14 this year. The other girls are around the ages 11-12. I think they're making a big mistake by not bringing more younger ones in like Kamryn who is 7 years old. 

I agree. I loved when they started out all so young. However, I hope they picked kids this time based on who has the mental strength to handle Abby’s verbal abuse.

I still think of poor Paige. Abby’s abuse took such a toll on her that her mind and dancing greatly suffered. I was so sad when Brooke and Paige left but it was the smartest choice Kelly ever made on the show. 

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 2

I wonder how much of a toll Abbie's treatment has taken on her and if that will impact filming.  I wonder if her experience the last couple of years has done anything to her attitude and behavior.  I guess we'll see soon.