Type keyword(s) to search

Dance Moms in the Media

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

I never said that people liked Abby but they would tune in to see the drama and what outlandish thing she would do next. Many people inherit things from their parents - that's not a crime - and she was given the chance to promote that using national exposure while making money doing the show - that's not a crime.

Hiding the money - now that's a crime - but how many other businesses and individuals do that on a daily basis but don't get caught? I can think of many. We each have different opinions and that's the way it should be. Mine is that they used her and the show for their own gains - she could have used any dancers she chose to as  we've seen over the years on this show and others - there are plenty of outlandish stage moms - which was the key to the show. The kids and their dancing - not so much.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, MoonWalker said:

Here's the Season 7.5 Promo

*Yawn*

Well, I see nothing has changed. 

Kira can be the meanest, most hateful mom, but what you see with her is what you get. Unlike Jill,  who THINKS she is pulling one over on everyone by cleverly disguising her real motives under the guise of all that is "fair and just" for the children and all mankind. She's shallow, superficial, and transparent. And... she's far too arrogant to recognize how ignorant she truly is. 

Abby has always been her own worst enemy. I fear she will never learn. 

Anyone on this show, calling anyone else on this show, a fame whore... now that's just silly. 

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:47 AM, Rylee said:

*Yawn*

Well, I see nothing has changed. 

Kira can be the meanest, most hateful mom, but what you see with her is what you get. Unlike Jill,  who THINKS she is pulling one over on everyone by cleverly disguising her real motives under the guise of all that is "fair and just" for the children and all mankind. She's shallow, superficial, and transparent. And... she's far too arrogant to recognize how ignorant she truly is. 

Abby has always been her own worst enemy. I fear she will never learn. 

Anyone on this show, calling anyone else on this show, a fame whore... now that's just silly. 

I didn't think we would get a farewell with drama ensuing due to Christie and Chloe coming back to haunt ALDC by competing against her old team! I had no idea! Cool!

But I'll agree that by the latter years, the new mothers who came in knew exactly what they were getting themselves and their daughters into.

I think this explains how completely insufferable the "iana's" moms and Maisie's mom can be. They are a notch above the initial moms in their out there attitudes.

I fault Abby for spotlighting Brinn's parents' divorce, but her mom was absolutely shameless in trying to get her to go on camera and "talk about her feelings, because you have to do that."  Not on camera, you stupid famewhore cow!

• Love 1
On 6/21/2017 at 2:38 AM, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I guess I feel the same! To this day, I give the "side-eye" to Ted Danson simply for playing the lecherous father in "Something About Amelia!" In 1984, nothing was shown since it was a TV movie, but the subject matter even hinted about was scandalous! Those beady-eyes of Danson make it easy to remember him in the role after all these years! Still gives me the creeps and I haven't seen the film since the premiere! I guess I won't be watching "BOH!"

OMG same here! I still remember how much he creeped me out in Something About Amelia! I've never looked at Sam Malone the same way again. When Three Men and a Baby came out, I was like ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO GIVE HIM A LITTLE GIRL?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

OK all - has anyone started watching So Sharp on Lifetime? I like the concept but instead of moms complaining it's the girls on the college dance team. Wondered about how production came up with this concept - until the 2nd episode when who should appear but Jill Vertes as her daughter Rayleigh is a junior at the college and on the team.  I liked how the coach chooses who is front and center as to how they perform not only with their dancing but with their facial and body expressions - but that rule of thumb was squashed when Jill made mention that usually when the coach knows she'll be in town to watch the performance, Ryleigh is usually the center girl.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jojo Siwa on Build:

I always thought her departure from Dance Moms was so abrupt, and the reason (didn't want to do a ballet routine) suspect. This must be the real reason.

Even though most things Abby did on this show were uncalled for, it did seem she managed to turn Jojo from an entitled smart mouth to a much more polite and caring person.

16 hours ago, renatae said:

I always thought her departure from Dance Moms was so abrupt, and the reason (didn't want to do a ballet routine) suspect. This must be the real reason.

Even though most things Abby did on this show were uncalled for, it did seem she managed to turn Jojo from an entitled smart mouth to a much more polite and caring person.

There is actually a video on youtube - showing who has the most projects in the works - Mackenzie and Jojo have their fingers in more  projects than even Maddie - this is not a $$$ comparison - but each girls projects.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2017 at 10:50 PM, KaveDweller said:

What is the Build show that keeps showcasing former Dance Moms cast members? Is it a Lifetime thing, or they just happened to pick Chloe and JoJo in the same week?

I'm pretty sure it's a YouTube series, but it has nothing to do with Lifetime.

On 8/4/2017 at 11:26 AM, tessat said:

There is actually a video on youtube - showing who has the most projects in the works - Mackenzie and Jojo have their fingers in more  projects than even Maddie - this is not a $$$ comparison - but each girls projects.

I just got Justice coupons in the mail and noticed Mackenzie on the cover with an athletic line. Jojo's bows are in every store I've shopped in for back to school. So neither surprise me. 

Just came across this video with Christi & Chloe about their return to the show among other things! What a beautiful young lady and Christi on her best and charming behavior! Fortunately I know what she's really all about and isn't quite as nice as she would love for all to believe! - - 

= =

4 hours ago, tessat said:

Saw Abby on Sharknado 5 - she actually did quite well until the shark ate her!

I saw a clip from that - Abby walking down the street saying, "Everyone's replaceable," then the shark pounces. Hilarious! I taped the movie and will watch later.

• Love 2

In this thread I've seen a few mentions of Lifetime's new show So Sharp, which follows the University of Louisville Ladybirds (with Jill Vertes making a few appearances of her own to visit her daughter, Ryleigh).  I've put in a request for a new forum for that show here if anyone would like to add any input or support.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, CDC said:

In this thread I've seen a few mentions of Lifetime's new show So Sharp, which follows the University of Louisville Ladybirds (with Jill Vertes making a few appearances of her own to visit her daughter, Ryleigh).  I've put in a request for a new forum for that show here if anyone would like to add any input or support.

I talked about it in the "general discussion" topic. Will follow your linkk and go to "support" your request, then :D

LOL, going on tour? Omg, can they just give it up already. The rest of the leftovers are a bunch of money hungry famewhores. Brynn on the hand, started attending real High School back at home in Arizona with her friends like a normal teenager.

• Love 5

There are people that will still go and pay to see them. Both Kendall and Nia will sing and all will be promoting their clothing lines, socks, make-up whatever to give that a push before retiring. We can all be cynical - but not many wouldn't ride the money trail for as long as they can.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, tessat said:

There are people that will still go and pay to see them. Both Kendall and Nia will sing and all will be promoting their clothing lines, socks, make-up whatever to give that a push before retiring. We can all be cynical - but not many wouldn't ride the money trail for as long as they can.

Yep, I agree.  Earn that money while you can while people are willing to give it to you.  I am curious how long the gravy train will last, though.  

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 1
On 8/19/2017 at 5:25 AM, tessat said:

Yeah, most people would do the same, so I can't really blame them for taking advantage.  It's certainly more money than they'd be making if the show never happened. Plus, Fame can be pretty addictive and people get attached to the spotlight.

I just hope the girls are saving the cash to go to college once their 15 minutes finally runs out. 

• Love 1
On 6/21/2017 at 6:50 PM, tessat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Was wondering what the Ziegler girls were up to and decided to see about Sia's Sister movie with Maddie. This was discussed in 2015 - did anything come of it??

Also saw that Maddie was promoting MacKenzie and Johnny Orlando's latest video - Closer by the Chainsmokers - they actually have started to tour

This must have done so well that they now have another summer tour:

I'm wondering when the 15 minutes of fame is going to be over? Mac isn't the little cutey she was before - she's looking more and more like her dad.

"And with her new 'do, Kate Hudson, 38, showcased a different side as her character appeared to get feisty with co-star Maddie Ziegler, 14, during a heated scene on Monday in Los Angeles."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4810860/Kate-Hudson-showcases-newly-shaved-head-set-new-flick-Sister.html

Maddie is also voicing a character for an animated movie called Leap. There was a commercial for it during the episode. 

Edited by EVS
Autocorrect changed 'Maddie' to 'Madrid'
On 8/11/2017 at 11:38 PM, MoonWalker said:

LOL, going on tour? Omg, can they just give it up already. The rest of the leftovers are a bunch of money hungry famewhores. Brynn on the hand, started attending real High School back at home in Arizona with her friends like a normal teenager.

Brynn is young enough that she can get back to school, join a studio and have a relatively normal teenagerhood. The same can not be said for the older girls---Kalani should be in her last year with the other three a year behind. I say make the money while they can---once it's gone, hopefully it'll pay for college and a down payment on a house or something.

• Love 1

Brynn is 14 so she's not that young compared to the others. Maddie and Kendall are also 14 (they will turn 15 later this year). Kalani will be 17 this year and Chloe and Nia just turned 16. Mackenzie just turned 13 and believe it or not with how immature she acts, Jojo is 14 as well. 

I watched this for the first time in awhile and can't believe how much Kendall has grown! I'm not surprised that Maddi is still working. I think she's got the "it" factor. Mackenzie is tagging along for the ride. Are any of them still pursuing dance?

On 8/23/2017 at 6:15 PM, Tasya said:

Brynn is 14 so she's not that young compared to the others. Maddie and Kendall are also 14 (they will turn 15 later this year). Kalani will be 17 this year and Chloe and Nia just turned 16. Mackenzie just turned 13 and believe it or not with how immature she acts, Jojo is 14 as well. 

I was referring to the teens still on the show.

Maddie's movie opened this weekend to a dismal $5 million; Hollywood had a poor box office week, but it ranked #3. It had a 37% on Rotten Tomato. 

I like that she's working---even though I really can't stand her or her mom---but I think they need to become pickier about what she takes on. Her 2 major movie gigs have been flops. :( 

• Love 5
On 8/23/2017 at 0:00 PM, EVS said:

Maddie is also voicing a character for an animated movie called Leap. There was a commercial for it during the episode. 

I wonder if they think about the fact that apparently, her acting and dancing abilities were judged to be such that she should only be a voice actress.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:34 PM, MegD said:

I wonder if they think about the fact that apparently, her acting and dancing abilities were judged to be such that she should only be a voice actress.

I think she is just doing the part because it is a movie about dance. She plays a young dancer and that connection is probably what got her involved. I don't think it has anything to do with her talent or lack of talent either way.

Just saw Maddie on Project Runway - she's far from a Fashionista but I can see the publicity due to the movie opening. The problem with the 2 movies is they had her out doing the rounds way too early to publicize them and then both releases got kicked back. She's like a cheerleader -  popular while in high school but once they get to college - they are just like everyone else. 

They probably would have done better to have Maddie stay on the team until the show ended - and letting her do outside engagements, like they had been doing, and getting her feet wet more in the industry.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, tessat said:

Just saw Maddie on Project Runway - she's far from a Fashionista but I can see the publicity due to the movie opening. The problem with the 2 movies is they had her out doing the rounds way too early to publicize them and then both releases got kicked back. She's like a cheerleader -  popular while in high school but once they get to college - they are just like everyone else. 

They probably would have done better to have Maddie stay on the team until the show ended - and letting her do outside engagements, like they had been doing, and getting her feet wet more in the industry.

Those movies weren't "maddie" movies, they both had major stars in them. She is a beginner and is only well know because of Sia videos and dance moms. Her minor roles don't make or break movies. She's doing fine  

On 8/31/2017 at 9:34 PM, MegD said:

Most big animated movies have big name actors doing the voices. It's big money and seen as desirable work. 

On 8/28/2017 at 5:37 AM, Loves2Dance said:

Maddie's movie opened this weekend to a dismal $5 million; Hollywood had a poor box office week, but it ranked #3. It had a 37% on Rotten Tomato. 

I think that could be the reason why its director,Colin Trevorrow,is no longer working on Star Wars Episode IX

• Love 3