Type keyword(s) to search

Dance Moms in the Media

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

irreplaceable is a beyonce song, hope no one mixes up just who is touring when buying tickets. <sarcasm>

here are some of the unbelieveable prices https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/2628120/the-irreplaceables-tour-featuring-the-girls-from-dance-momsniakendallchloekalani-tempe-marquee-theatre?cobrand=luckymanonline

and here is the description. 

http://stage.aeglive.com/events/view/344793

Event Description

As seen on the hit show Dance Moms, The Irreplaceables bring their world-class talent and larger-than-life personalities to major cities across North America. This 75 minute show is a combination of cutting-edge dance brought to life by bright lights and unique sets. Admirers can expect a high-energy night that will inspire the dancer inside! Fans will get the chance to ask the questions they’ve been dying to know during the tell-all Q&A with girls and their moms. Devotees will get to shop a unique pop-up style merchandise experience and have the ability to purchase a VIP meet and greet package.

The experience gets even sweeter for the die-hard dancer. Nia, Kendall, Chloe, and Kalani will be teaching a dance workshop inside the venue for special ticket holders prior to the show. No need for special shoes or attire, just wear comfortable clothing. This is for dancers of any skill level.  

Dance Workshop: 

The Irreplaceables’ biggest fans have an opportunity to learn from their idols. Nia, Kendall, Chloe, and Kalani will personally teach a dance workshop to special ticket holders inside the

Venue prior to the main event. Dancers will learn proper stretch and warm-up technique and then The Irreplaceables will demonstrate and instruct fans through unique dance to one of their favorite songs.

Participation waivers will need to be submitted.

Special entry price available for parent/guardian accompanying a minor

Meet & Greet:

A lucky group of fans will gain early access to the venue 30 minutes prior to general doors, shop before anyone else, and get an opportunity to meet The Irreplaceables for a photo-op!

Package includes:

First-look and buy at The exclusive IRREPLACEABLES Merch Pop-up.

Access to prime, up-front viewing position in the venue.

Meet & Greet- The Irreplaceables will be taking photos with fans on a special red carpet in front a limited-edition step-and-repeat.

Edited by holly4755

I'm glad for Ellie - but no way did she write that message - mom must have had a publicist do it - but glad to see someone has noticed her.

Feel bad for Camryn as I really liked her and thought she was a beautiful dancer - she put the rest of them to shame as they are all so out of shape. Can't believe I would speak negatively about anyone but Kendall but the attitudes and lack of training they've had since the Abby fiasco does not make me look kindly on any of them.

• Love 4

https://imgur.com/a/xQN09 - Well Camryn was asked to go on the irreplaceable tour but 2 days before it started and she turned it down  - which I don't blame her. Also there will be a Dance Moms Season 8 - but Christie confirmed that production is replacing all of them! Now whether we have a whole new team with a new teacher or they wait until Abby serves her sentence and then film who knows. With having the stomach sleeve - we probably won't know Abby when she does get out of prison - and she'll look great for Jordan.

• Love 3
On 10/21/2017 at 5:28 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

They are just trying to make money out of the last 15 minutes of their fame, before they become irrelevant.

For the most part.  It will be interesting to see how they handle the next phase.  While I'm at the point where all the girls annoy me and I would like them to get served a dose of reality, I hope life doesn't hit them too hard on the other side when their low level fame fades and they realize that there aren't a lot of legitimate job opportunities out there for not so great dancers from a reality show with a questionable work ethic.

Even on this tour, they will get people that come out to see them, but it's going to be the young fans of the show who are maybe low level dancers themselves.  No actual skilled dancer at the top of their game is going to turn up to take a workshop taught by the likes of Nia and Kendall.  They will attend workshops with actual working industry dancers who can help make them better dancers.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tessat said:

https://imgur.com/a/xQN09 - Well Camryn was asked to go on the irreplaceable tour but 2 days before it started and she turned it down  - which I don't blame her.

Nicely stated by a classy kid.   A mother and daughter who, in the face of poor treatment by Coven, put integrity and self-respect above money and "fame"? This is a very rare occurrence on Dance Moms.

• Love 6

I completely agree with above poster who commented that Camryn was a beautiful dancer who put the rest of them to shame ... while I hadn't really seen enough of her to form an opinion until the last few episodes and her performances with "the irreplaceables," she stood out to me bigtime in how much, IMHO, she blew them off the stage ... and I suspect that's exactly why she wasn't invited along ... she's still, to them, a newbie and for her to be a newbie who is also going to show just how NOT THAT GOOD the rest of them are, I'm sure it was plotted with Christie at the helm and Jill not far behind to invite her but SO last minute she'd turn it down but she couldn't say she was totally snubbed. 

I wish all the good things in the world for her. And I wish we'd seen more of her. 

• Love 5

I just finished watching Nia's video the day of the last shoot of Dance Moms - she was crying but so appreciative of all she experienced. I was going to post that - but then saw a video of Camryn off to the side - answering questions about the Irreplaceables and the tour and decided to post this instead. It saddens me to know that she wasn't invited on the tour as of this recording on 10/18 and the fact that she and her mom weren't included to other happenings while doing the show. I've lost so much respect for those I've defended for all these years. Despite how Ashley and Brynn were portrayed and even Abby - I think the girls and the moms became so full of themselves that no one else mattered and that's sad.

• Love 1
On 25 October, 2017 at 8:58 AM, spanana said:

For the most part.  It will be interesting to see how they handle the next phase.  While I'm at the point where all the girls annoy me and I would like them to get served a dose of reality...

I don't doubt, for one minute, that the girls aren't aware of their abilities, or lack thereof. They know they aren't even close to a Maddie level, professionally (and I think that's why they branched out to show singing (?) etc., on their resumes). It's the moms who need a dose of reality. 

On 28 August, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Loves2Dance said:

even though I really can't stand her or her mom---

I agree re: Mom. Maddie's mom had absolutely no scruples. (Probably a huge rumour, but I read Maddie's mom made her decision re: marrying hubby #2, solely on whether he could finance the girls' dancing lifestyle.) But I do like Maddie and given that her mom and Abby put her in such awkward positions, she handled herself well. She was just a kid, in the beginning, yet always tried so stay professional.

• Love 2

Latest video from Kira - Jett's cute but I wouldn't be encouraging my kid to hit people and really Kira - letting him play in the dishwasher. Seems Kalani is still dancing. If they went back to Arizona - Kira married well as her kitchen is probably worth what my house is. 

Also never knew that Mac and Maddie had a brother named Tyler who just got married.

Chloe just put an irreplaceable tour rehearsal video out. What struck me was how out of touch she seemed to be. Christi had to remind her that not everyone watching would be able to splash $70 on a candle. 

Christi also seemed subdued mentioning how she was not liked as much anymore - the social media backlash caught up with her at last.

Nia is heavy - she really needs good bust support.

They shouldn't have cut Camryn - probably not wanting to split the profits five ways.

Hopefully, they make money from this tour as their fan base growing up and will not be willing soon to splash hundreds of dollars to see mediocre dancers.

On 11/5/2017 at 11:13 PM, Loves2Dance said:

JoJo booked the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. 

I was in toys r us today and saw posters of JoJo for sale. Yikes, the pictures were hideous of her.  She's  adorable and can take a good picture so I don't know who chooses the pictures used. The girl is making money!

I'm not surprised at all that her and maddie were chosen by the real talent agencies and that Jojo is a tween star and Maddie is doing movies, dance, etc. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

I was in toys r us today and saw posters of JoJo for sale. Yikes, the pictures were hideous of her.  She's  adorable and can take a good picture so I don't know who chooses the pictures used. The girl is making money!

I'm not surprised at all that her and maddie were chosen by the real talent agencies and that Jojo is a tween star and Maddie is doing movies, dance, etc. 

Mackenzie has a line at Justice and Chloe is shooting her 5th or 6th movie. They may not be big names, but those two are definitely continuing to work too. None of which surprises me. 

My girls both know who Jojo is, asks for her bows and my older (she's 9) even showed me her doll at Target the other day. She doesn't know Dance Moms (I never let her watch) but she knows her from YT. Girl is definitely making money. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Mackenzie has a line at Justice and Chloe is shooting her 5th or 6th movie. They may not be big names, but those two are definitely continuing to work too. None of which surprises me. 

My girls both know who Jojo is, asks for her bows and my older (she's 9) even showed me her doll at Target the other day. She doesn't know Dance Moms (I never let her watch) but she knows her from YT. Girl is definitely making money. 

I think they all have something because of their social media following and the show but maddie and jojo are in their own league. They were picked for actual talent and potential to grow as entertainers. The others will fade out. Poor Mackenzie will always be in the minor leagues. I bet her mother keeps pushing her and won't let her go home. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Lemons said:

I think they all have something because of their social media following and the show but maddie and jojo are in their own league. They were picked for actual talent and potential to grow as entertainers. The others will fade out. Poor Mackenzie will always be in the minor leagues. I bet her mother keeps pushing her and won't let her go home. 

I don't know. If Maddie's latest quote is right, she spent more time living with Sia than Melissa so Melissa was likely off branding with Mackenzie. Mackenzie also has the same rep as her sister. 

4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I don't know. If Maddie's latest quote is right, she spent more time living with Sia than Melissa so Melissa was likely off branding with Mackenzie. Mackenzie also has the same rep as her sister. 

I'm not surprised the rep took Mackenzie along with Maddie but Mackenzie doesn't have the talent, looks and work ethic that Maddie has.  Mackenzie probably likes it as long as her Mom does all the hard work and Mom tells her when to show up and what to do.  I just don't see the staying power.  It appears JoJo has a strong work ethic and loves what she's doing so it'll be interesting how it all works out for her.  

• Love 1

I keep hearing about all that Jojo is doing (I don't have little ones anymore, so I honestly haven't seen or heard anything myself, but I will take the words of everyone else), but I can't for the life of me see her appeal.  She has always been like nails on a chalkboard to me - hyper, annoying & not particularly nice. And her mother is an absolute nightmare.  Maybe she has staying power, but it is sure lost on me!

• Love 5

I have never been a fan of Jojo's, but I think she will be the most successful of all the girls.  She put out a music video a year ago, and it currently has almost 390,000,000 views which is almost unheard of unless you are a well-known pop star.  That generates a lot of money.  She can't even believe how successful it has become.  She has the pre-teen and early teen fans, kind of like Miley Cyrus did with Hannah Montana, but on YouTube and will go from there.  Her Nickelodeon deal and hair bow line are making her big bucks as well.    We'll see how long it lasts.

Edited by Nikki831
  • Love 2

At the risk of sounding very "Get Off My Lawn", I have to say that I think it's very sad that mediocrity is so richly rewarded.  Some may find Jojo to be entertaining, but I see her as a depressing sign of the times.  I remember Jess professing Jojo's aspirations of being the next Kim Kardashian... God help us all.

• Love 2

Saw a rack of Jojo acessories/costumes at the local Party City after Halloween. Hope she has a very good money manager on her team, so that this success is well shepherded (and not just by mom)!

• Love 1

Jojo has a really awesome message that I think it's very showing of the times---anti-bullying, positivity...etc. She isn't the best singer, but she is entertaining. I have two little girls and both of my girls know who she is, ask for her stuff and a friend of mine's little girl actually dressed up as her for Halloween. She definitely took the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen route and it's paying off hardcore in the cash department. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Daisy head said:

At the risk of sounding very "Get Off My Lawn", I have to say that I think it's very sad that mediocrity is so richly rewarded.  Some may find Jojo to be entertaining, but I see her as a depressing sign of the times.  I remember Jess professing Jojo's aspirations of being the next Kim Kardashian... God help us all.

The Kim Kardashian phenomenon is gross but I think mediocrity in the pre-teen area has always been there.  The tween magazines filled with young kid's idols have been filled with mediocrity for many years.  I can't imagine an adult finding JoJo entertaining but they kids like her and somebody smart grabbed onto her.  Some of Disney type kids make it as adults, some don't.  

My money is on Maddie as the long term success.  Slow, steady, right into adulthood.  

3 hours ago, Lemons said:

The Kim Kardashian phenomenon is gross but I think mediocrity in the pre-teen area has always been there.  The tween magazines filled with young kid's idols have been filled with mediocrity for many years.  I can't imagine an adult finding JoJo entertaining but they kids like her and somebody smart grabbed onto her.  Some of Disney type kids make it as adults, some don't.  

My money is on Maddie as the long term success.  Slow, steady, right into adulthood.  

Are you saying there was mediocrity in my late 80's Tiger Beat issues?!  I beg your pardon!!!  ;)

• Love 6

Interesting....  Nia is officially out of the Irreplaceables tour. She's been quietly removed from the website (theirreplaceablestour.com) with no statement or announcement. I'm sure fans have already bought tickets expecting Nia to be with them are gonna be angry. It looks so weird now with only THREE of them. Not a good look. No reason given yet as to what went down. My money is on a huge fall out between the girls or their mothers.  Also, the controversy with them secretly not inviting Camryn and them backtracking her invite after getting backlash on social media.

This whole Irreplaceable Tour was bound to be a shit show from the get-go.  Hell, this whole Irreplaceable schtick was a joke from the beginning.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WildFlower87 said:

Interesting....  Nia is officially out of the Irreplaceables tour. She's been quietly removed from the website (theirreplaceablestour.com) with no statement or announcement. I'm sure fans have already bought tickets expecting Nia to be with them are gonna be angry. It looks so weird now with only THREE of them. Not a good look. No reason given yet as to what went down. My money is on a huge fall out between the girls or their mothers.  Also, the controversy with them secretly not inviting Camryn and them backtracking her invite after getting backlash on social media.

This whole Irreplaceable Tour was bound to be a shit show from the get-go.  Hell, this whole Irreplaceable schtick was a joke from the beginning.

Wow, really surprised about Nia. I thought Holly was going to ride this Dance Moms thing as long as they could. I wonder what happened.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, tessat said:

Not sure how many will continue to check out the boards now the show's over - but the break out star right now is Jojo and I suspect her earnings will surpass everyone else's in just a couple of years.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bookmark/dance-moms-breakout-jojo-siwa-inks-3-book-deal-heels-memoirs-release-1058830

I bet her earnings have already surpassed everyone else's---for as much as I hate Jessalynn, she was smart. This is what Asia's mom was trying desperately to do with her and what Melissa should have considered after Season 3 wrapped up. 

5 hours ago, WildFlower87 said:

Interesting...

I wonder if Nia left by choice or was forced out? I find it hard to believe that she'd be forced out, so my guess is she has a deal in the works that conflicted and she chose to pull back.

Edited by Loves2Dance

AS far as Nia leaving - this is what I've seen so far: Holly has unfollowed all of the moms and girls on Instagram, Kendall made an announcement on Instagram that Nia won't be on the tour but that she will always be a part of them, the Las Vegas appearance was cancelled, Nia just posted - I will definitely be missing my sisters on this leg of the tour, but I know they will slay it and have the best time!!!

So the rumors are a fight between her and Chloe or she may have had the opportunity to do another engagement which conflicted with the tour.  I'll try to update if I see anything.

Chloe posted a tweet on the 13th that said something along the lines of "Friends can break your heart too" so I'm not sure if that is why people think Nia and Chloe had a falling out.  Either way some drama went down, which isn't surprising. 

Nia Sioux‏Verified account @NiaSioux Nov 18

I am truly disappointed that I won’t be able to perform and meet fans during the first leg of this tour. I love you so much Nia Nation!

Looks like Nia just has another commitment!

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:48 PM, BarbieMermaidia said:

So I have been following this board for years as an embarrassingly devout follower of DM, but hadn't really found anything worth sharing.

Until I saw this gem front and center of my mall's Halloween store this week: https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/155963.uts

Somebody who's around young kids tell me, is she really that popular? From what, DM? YT? Nick? I am impressed with her management though, going the Mary-Kate and Ashley route. At this rate she will be the most successful kid from this show. 

Speaking of Nick, has anyone mentioned Maddie being on a couple episodes of Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn? Personally I found her acting really subpar to that of the female lead Lizzy Greene. 

The problem is JoJo is 14 y/o, and is still dressed like a perpetual child.  I'm firmly convinced it's the reason Jessalynn never took JoJo to speech therapy.  I can see this poor child garbed up like Betty Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.  

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, tessat said:

https://imgur.com/a/xQN09 - Well Camryn was asked to go on the irreplaceable tour but 2 days before it started and she turned it down  - which I don't blame her. Also there will be a Dance Moms Season 8 - but Christie confirmed that production is replacing all of them! Now whether we have a whole new team with a new teacher or they wait until Abby serves her sentence and then film who knows. With having the stomach sleeve - we probably won't know Abby when she does get out of prison - and she'll look great for Jordan.

Prison food is notoriously bad, and many live of off the concessions which are garbage. Look at any high profile case, and the defendant is noticeably heavier at trial than when they were arrested.  I watched that special where Abby goes to prison, and she was in the backseat shoving containers of food in her mouth like it was her last meal.  She's a stress eater.  I wouldn't be surprised if she comes out her same size or even larger.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, tessat said:

AS far as Nia leaving - this is what I've seen so far: Holly has unfollowed all of the moms and girls on Instagram, Kendall made an announcement on Instagram that Nia won't be on the tour but that she will always be a part of them, the Las Vegas appearance was cancelled, Nia just posted - I will definitely be missing my sisters on this leg of the tour, but I know they will slay it and have the best time!!!

So the rumors are a fight between her and Chloe or she may have had the opportunity to do another engagement which conflicted with the tour.  I'll try to update if I see anything.

The girls are much kinder to each other than the moms.  I'm going with a fight between the mothers.  I think it stinks if Nia had committed and then cancelled for a new opportunity.  I imagine that's why the last minute call went out to Camryn.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The problem is JoJo is 14 y/o, and is still dressed like a perpetual child.  I'm firmly convinced it's the reason Jessalynn never took JoJo to speech therapy.  I can see this poor child garbed up like Betty Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.  

Prison food is notoriously bad, and many live of off the concessions which are garbage. Look at any high profile case, and the defendant is noticeably heavier at trial than when they were arrested.  I watched that special where Abby goes to prison, and she was in the backseat shoving containers of food in her mouth like it was her last meal.  She's a stress eater.  I wouldn't be surprised if she comes out her same size or even larger.

The girls are much kinder to each other than the moms.  I'm going with a fight between the mothers.  I think it stinks if Nia had committed and then cancelled for a new opportunity.  I imagine that's why the last minute call went out to Camryn.

I have often thought of Baby Jane in relation to Jojo.  Right down to the doll and the big stupid bow.  It's a little bit creepy for an almost 15 year old to still try to act and dress as if they are 7, IMO.  I guess  the $$$ is worth it to Jess.

Someone upthread mentioned that Holly had deleted or unfollowed the others.  It doesn't seem like she would have done that if it were simply a case of Nia doing something else (which I agree would be a lousy thing to do).

• Love 3

My take on Jojo - right now the hottest selling toys on Ebay are Jojo dolls. The fact that she is 14 and still acting like a kid - I say more power to her! Too often we have girls 10-14 dressed up and they appear to be much older. Look at Spears and Christina - slinky outfits, suggestive dances, over the op make - up - at that age I was still dreaming about my first kiss. Kids are growing up way too fast and not enjoying childhood. On top of that - how many late 20 and 30 some actors play high schoolers - the cast of Glee, the cast of Grease actresses on the Game of Thorns ect... If she can gain a following by not acting how people think she should be acting like at her age - kudos to her. 

• Love 3

People are entitled to like or dislike what they will, and encourage their children to emulate whomever they like, but I would never have held Jojo up as a gold standard to my children (nor did I push Spears/Aguilera while my oldest was growing up).  What I was referring to in regard to the creepiness of the Jojo persona was the clownish parody of a younger child she gives off.  I personally find it more than a little creepy.  I never watched Glee, but I never heard of or saw Lea Michelle or the others using speech impediments and over the top babyish clothes to emote their characters.  If they did, then I think they were creepy, too.  Of course no rational adult wants to see a young teen gyrating on Youtube, but I think there is a happy medium which isn't being met here.

Maybe Jojo dolls are selling like hotcakes, but that doesn't make them good, as far as I'm concerned, and I know that there are other offensive celebrity personalities.  That still doesn't make Jojo or Jess seem wholesome or worth giving my admiration or money to.  Obviously others feel differently.  I'm sure I wouldn't change their minds any more than they would change mine.  This show is mindless entertainment for me.  I really don't take it that seriously...

• Love 6
6 hours ago, tessat said:

My take on Jojo - right now the hottest selling toys on Ebay are Jojo dolls. The fact that she is 14 and still acting like a kid - I say more power to her! Too often we have girls 10-14 dressed up and they appear to be much older. Look at Spears and Christina - slinky outfits, suggestive dances, over the op make - up - at that age I was still dreaming about my first kiss. Kids are growing up way too fast and not enjoying childhood. On top of that - how many late 20 and 30 some actors play high schoolers - the cast of Glee, the cast of Grease actresses on the Game of Thorns ect... If she can gain a following by not acting how people think she should be acting like at her age - kudos to her. 

This is where I sit too. I like her image (modest) and I appreciate her message (anti-bullying) and right now, as a mom to two daughters (7 and 9) she's rocking it in their eyes. Do I find it a little creepy that Jess kept her young? A little, but I can put that aside and remind myself that I don't always agree with others parenting choices. 

I do want to point out that when JoJo was featured at the Macy's Day Thanksgiving Parade it wasn't as a singer or dancer, but as a social media influencer. So that is her branding. 

I can tell you that under our Christmas tree this year is at least one doll (if I can find the 18" doll and clothes I'm grabbing those too), microphone, hair bows, watch & bracelets, keychain, stuffed dog, clothes patches, and backpack. And this is assuming I don't find more stuff. 

• Love 3

I think the whole thing behind Jojo's kiddie shtick is that it's a knee jerk reaction for the public after years of tween stars like Miley and Justin. Accepting of the "unsexy" has grown rapidly this decade compared to last. I have been researching all this more and more since seeing her stuff pop up everywhere and it seems the consensus is that parents and kids alike are attracted to her "just being a kid". To have the hot ticket item be hair bows must seem pretty wholesome to people compared to other things we've seen, regardless of whether the operation at large really is. And in all fairness, they've got the right timing, because I don't see any other kid figures being marketed to the extent she is right now. 

As for my personal opinion, well, I felt too pushed to grow up during those years so I can sympathize with wanting to hold on to childhood. Everyone matures differently. But moving forward, I think they would be wise to have her grow with her audience, even if most are technically a few years younger. Eventually go a more "geek chic" route, try selling leggings or socks or something somewhere like Hot Topic. There are many videos of her "babysitting" and whatnot so at least there's some recognition there of her being a teen. 

• Love 2

I could see Jojo going 'geek chic' as she ages and I do wonder if this is all Jess or if it's also the influence of Nickelodeon. I mean, they put her on their Shimmer & Shine float and that shows is aimed at preschoolers. I'm not even sure my kiddos know what that is. I also don't see her aged at strictly younger kids, though she has definitely broken the tween ground, but with her book deal they may cater to a marginally older crowd.  

I think as long as Jojo is able to act her age in her everyday life, she isn't going to be stunted by the direction her career is taking her. I think it's reasonable to assume she may take the Olsen twin route and go towards fashion in the future, but for now she is laughing all the way to the bank. Jess did what every other mother wanted desperately for their dance mom kiddo's. 

• Love 3

and right now the TV keeps blaring Jo jo's name in a national advertisement, the store name escapes me at the moment, but she is bigger than i thought. And there is a cherry onthis, it is that Jill has to be seeing thisn and wondering where she went wrong, because Kendall is an "original" girl and it is her turn, she deserves it more. 

• Love 5

Oh - Jill has to be fuming! Kendall - at least in editing gave off the spoiled kid vibe. She deserves everything for doing nothing - and yet her sister on So Sharp is actually a nice girl and the other who followed her dad's footsteps into tennis also seems to be on the right track. Maybe it's because Kendall was the youngest and babied by everyone - but of all the girls - she has the least following.  Kendall is cute - but her personality is flat. And when she does open her mouth - most often it's a whining bratty tone.

I never inferred that I like Jessilyn as the treatment she gave other new girls and moms was horrible - but what I did appreciate about Jojo is the fact - she took a lot of flack from Abby, the girls and moms and still held her head high - and that is a quality all young children should be taught. I didn't appreciate the stage mom Asia had - but again - she took criticism and defeat well and that is a sure sign a parent is doing something right. Macie is another one who accepted things as they were, whereas Kendall always had an excuse, problem or just didn't accept someone else either was better or deserved a chance. For 7 yrs - Jill went on how Kendall was Maddie's replacement and Kendall was so far removed from Maddie as far as ability, technique, facial expressions ect.. it was a joke.

Jojo will have the biggest bank account of all the girls in the end and she'll have Abby to thank for letting her get the exposure first on AUDC and then the ALDC.

• Love 5
On 11/26/2017 at 11:37 PM, holly4755 said:

and right now the TV keeps blaring Jo jo's name in a national advertisement, the store name escapes me at the moment, but she is bigger than i thought. And there is a cherry onthis, it is that Jill has to be seeing thisn and wondering where she went wrong, because Kendall is an "original" girl and it is her turn, she deserves it more. 

That would be the current JCPenney's commercial. 

I do want to note that the girls have mostly gone away from twitter and onto Instagram. Jojo has 6.3m followers on Instagram, Kendall has 6m so their numbers aren't all that different. What is different is their marketing. Jess simply did it better. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1

I think the video I quite good - but have to say - it didn't even look like MacKenzie in some of the shots due to all the make-up. I looked and compared to Jojo's number on Boomerang andKid in a Candy Store - Mac Z doesn't even come close which surprised me. Mack's rivalry seems to be with Annie LeBlanc - whoever that is.

On 11/29/2017 at 6:56 AM, tessat said:

I think the video I quite good - but have to say - it didn't even look like MacKenzie in some of the shots due to all the make-up. I looked and compared to Jojo's number on Boomerang andKid in a Candy Store - Mac Z doesn't even come close which surprised me. Mack's rivalry seems to be with Annie LeBlanc - whoever that is.

I actually think Mackenzie could have surpassed her sister and been another Jojo like tween star, but Melissa missed the ability to market her separately than just being "Maddie's little sister." I know in my area it's becoming very, very, very hard to keep Jojo stuff on the shelves with it being this close to Christmas. You walk into Justice and the Mackenzie collection is making it to clearance. Mackenzie was always the funny, quit witted one and she didn't come off as a bratty/snot nosed kid like some of the others. 

Now I could be wrong and Mackenzie didn't want that level of fame and Melissa chose to accept that. I bet it kills her that Jojo has surpassed every single DM kid in money, stardom and fame. 

• Love 1