Type keyword(s) to search

Dance Moms in the Media

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

That was a great video!  They really have grown up quite a bit. Thanks for posting it. 

I was watching So You Think You Can Dance a few weeks ago. Maddie was looking very sophisticated. My 17 year old walked in and our conversation went something like this:

Son: Who's that?  She's hot. 

Me: That's Maddie Ziegler from Dance Moms. 

Son: (confused expression)

Me: She's 13.

Son: (mumbles) Great, I'm a pervert. (Leaves room)

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5

She danced with Travis tonight on SYTYCD and I was struck by how mature she appeared in their routine. She's a beautiful girl and her skills have only improved since leaving Dance Moms. I can't wait to start seeing some videos from her tour with Sia that's kicking off soon. 

• Love 1

Tas - I don't watch SYTYCD as I really don't like this years format and I think Maddie is useless in the role she plays. That said - I just saw her dance with Travis on youtube and have to say it was awesome. She did look very beautiful and mature. When she's out of Abby's reach - and able to grow - her dancing really is wonderful to watch.

With nothing better to do - well there is - but I don't feel like doing it - I've been watching season 2 of Dance Moms. To be able to go back and look at things in a different perspective now is great. I see Maddie falling out of turns and goofing up spacing, I see how bad Nia actually was compared to the other girls, I see that diva Jill hasn't changed and neither has Kendall. She was as unnoticeable then as she is now. And Maddie wasn't at the top of the period each week. We had the perception that she was always at the top and she wasn't in season 2.

Nick - TY for the update on Chloe. She is still my all time favorite and I miss her so much but she's in a much better place now and able to grow as well. Each has their own strengths and I feel will go off in different directions.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:31 PM, NickDisnCart said:

Chloe booked her third movie, a small indie film titled Loophole

http://deadline.com/2016/08/peter-facinelli-heartthrob-chloe-lukasiak-loophole-1201811767/

Thanks for the update Nick - love to see Chloe doing well! I saw a youtube video of her with her new BFF that she lives with. Ends up being Sarah - the one Kira hated from Kalani's old dance studio who was one of the girls on the Elite 2 team. Sarah's also getting her foot in the door!

Guess who's back.... The Candy Apples are officially returning to Dance Moms  in 2017 for season 7. Cathy and her new team of 4 girls (Ava, Nicaya, Haley, and Tara).  I'm guessing the producers only brought them back because they needed more drama other than moms arguing with each other.

• Love 1
On 15 September 2016 at 0:21 AM, MoonWalker said:

Guess who's back.... The Candy Apples are officially returning to Dance Moms  in 2017 for season 7. Cathy and her new team of 4 girls (Ava, Nicaya, Haley, and Tara).  I'm guessing the producers only brought them back because they needed more drama other than moms arguing with each other.

And apparently the network have sent the Minis home. So minis are out and Candy Apples are in. Seems a real shame to me and an odd decision too... surely the minis were going to breathe some new life into the show and give it a future? The Candy Apples are just rehashing old storylines that have been done one thousand times over. Do we REALLY need to see Ava again?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, hellohoping said:

And apparently the network have sent the Minis home. So minis are out and Candy Apples are in. Seems a real shame to me and an odd decision too... surely the minis were going to breathe some new life into the show and give it a future? The Candy Apples are just rehashing old storylines that have been done one thousand times over. Do we REALLY need to see Ava again?

I just heard the news. I feel bad for the mini girls. All of them were really talented dancers, especially Elliana. She's amazing. I was kinda looking forward to see the minis grow up. Abby from her instagram post very unhappy too about the minis getting the boot. I agree about Ava and her mother. Like really....

• Love 1

I don't know why they went this route. The show is definitely going to be over soon, if we had any doubt. Ava's mother should hang up the fame-seeking for dance and get that child to a model agency stat. She clearly has the height/looks for it so I don't understand the push for dance when being taller as a dancer is a definite liability. 

• Love 2

Just an FYI - I'm so bored rewatching the old seasons - just started season 3 where Kelly did not bring the girls right back due to a fight at Nationals. Abby holds open auditions to replace them and who is one of the 2 finalists she considered - our friend Ava. Jeannette and she have had appearances throughout the show. Bet Abby and Ava's mom are actually friends  in real life and this whole show has been a sham from the beginning. Can't wait for the tell all books to come out!

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 1:34 PM, tessat said:

Just found this and I thought everyone might be interested! Oh do I feel old!!

Brooke is in college now too. Paige was 10 and Brookes was 13. Can't believe this show started 5 years ago.

On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 5:47 AM, hellohoping said:

Lord Ava is tall. She's 5'11 around that height. She has beautiful legs and technique. Don't know why she's on here. And ALDC aren't juniors they're teens. Kalani -16, Nia-14, Jojo-13 Kendall-14 

On the whole sending the minis home thing, I'm a little confused because this hip hop dancer Deja Carter said she was working for Dance Moms for a few days and posted a bunch of pics/insta video with the Dance Moms girls.  I guess they competed some competition hip hop that she worked with the girls on.  Now I have no idea if this is something that will be aired on the show but the group included Kendall, Brynn, Kehlani, Nia and a couple of the mini girls (as well as some older girls I didn't recognize).  While there was no separate mini dance, it did seem like a few of them were incorporated into the dance with the "elites".

1 hour ago, spanana said:

On the whole sending the minis home thing, I'm a little confused because this hip hop dancer Deja Carter said she was working for Dance Moms for a few days and posted a bunch of pics/insta video with the Dance Moms girls.  I guess they competed some competition hip hop that she worked with the girls on.  Now I have no idea if this is something that will be aired on the show but the group included Kendall, Brynn, Kehlani, Nia and a couple of the mini girls (as well as some older girls I didn't recognize).  While there was no separate mini dance, it did seem like a few of them were incorporated into the dance with the "elites".

I think Abby really liked the minis and was upset about them having been sent home. Maybe her way around it is to have them dance with the elites.

3 hours ago, hellohoping said:

I think Abby really liked the minis and was upset about them having been sent home. Maybe her way around it is to have them dance with the elites.

True, and I guess getting rid of the mini team doesn't necessarily mean that Abby isn't allowed to bring them back as guest dancers in various dances.  She's always brought in guest dancers.

Elliana and Lilliana and their moms Yolanda and Stacey stayed in LA to continue training at the ALDC after the mini team was disbanded. But it looks like Abby got her way and Elliana and Lilliana will remain on the show and keep filming with the elite team. Last week  Elliana and Lilly had a duet together and Elliana was apart of the group dance. And for this past Saturdays competition both of them were in the group dance. I'm wondering if this whole thing was secretly planned.

I don't why they didn't keep Areana who is currently 11 years old. She would have been perfect for the elite team and she was the oldest.

Also, 8 dancers were picked for callbacks  from the Summer auditions and looks like the producers are rotating and tested them out every week as a trial. And when all is said and done they'll choose one or two girls to stay on the elite team as official members.

Edited by MoonWalker
On 10/10/2016 at 4:54 PM, Absolom said:

Two younger girls will bring down the average age of the team and maybe let them compete in a younger classification.

Yes and some if not all of the minis have better technique than Jojo and Kendall.

• Love 2

Not a Sia fan and I really don't like the choreography Maddie dances in the videos - but what a professional - Maddie's leotard strap broke during the performance and she carried on and did wonderful in spite of the circumstances.

• Love 1

Not a Sia fan and I really don't like the choreography Maddie dances in the videos - but what a professional - Maddie's leotard strap broke during the performance and she carried on and did wonderful in spite of the circumstances.

All I can think of is all the times Abby screamed at the girls for having wardrobe malfunctions. Sometimes she credited them with continuing on like professional and sometimes she blamed them.

I'm not a fan of the choreography in that dance either, but Maddie does perform it well.

Chloe is playing a college student? Isn't she about 14?  I know 3 or 4 years age wise isn't a big deal as an adult, but I think there is a noticeable difference at that age.

Edited by Daisy head

Okay... Looks like Lifetime and the producers are changing things up. Season 7 starts on November 29th, 2016, 1 week after the Season 6 finale.  The brand new season always started on the first Tuesday of January ever since Season 2.  Wonder why they're starting so early? They only filmed 11 episodes so far for season 7. Anyway, here's the sneak peak promo. 

This isn't really media, but I had Thanksgiving with some choreographers and of course other family.  Nia and Holly were the only DM members who texted/sent Thanksgiving greetings to people.  They are still widely regarded as very nice, genuine, easy to work with people.  The general dance community thought is that Abby is going to jail (perhaps it's wishful thinking.)  The rumor is she's going to jail and the show is ending at that point.  No one had a good thing to say about Abby and said no one they had worked with who had encountered Abby had a good thing to say about her.  Pretty much off to jail with her and she deserves it is said to be the prevailing view.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

This isn't really media, but I had Thanksgiving with some choreographers and of course other family.  Nia and Holly were the only DM members who texted/sent Thanksgiving greetings to people.  They are still widely regarded as very nice, genuine, easy to work with people.  The general dance community thought is that Abby is going to jail (perhaps it's wishful thinking.)  The rumor is she's going to jail and the show is ending at that point.  No one had a good thing to say about Abby and said no one they had worked with who had encountered Abby had a good thing to say about her.  Pretty much off to jail with her and she deserves it is said to be the prevailing view.

Thanks for sharing this info!

• Love 1
On 11/25/2016 at 0:24 PM, Absolom said:

This isn't too surprising. In the Season 7 clip the "My biggest mistake" moment I originally thought was towards a mom/girl but honestly, I think she's lashing out at the camera upon further reflection. Like it's Lifetime's fault that her life is in shambles. 

• Love 1