Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Why is Kelsey behind Yuko? 

Great performance nonetheless.

The leaders especially really stood out!

Lacey and Robin look great, but I don't care for the blonde on Lacey's left at all in this. I think it's Kelli though, anf I usually think she is great. Not sure what it is about this dance (which I like and think it's a big step up from their typical choreo), but I feel like certain girls just look stiff, now that they're in smaller groups and people are more visible.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Thanks for posting this! I honestly thought Lacey was Jen K at first and this was an old vid (didn't look at the title at first) and I was like 'oh damn, Jen K is making a fan out of me'. Wow, Lacey and Robin were great great though. I know I'm probably biased because they're my faves on the current squad (they seem smart, grounded and genuinely lovely) but I couldn't stop watching them dance!

Milan (or whoever is diagonally left / behind Robin) was boring and stiff looking. Her 'sexy hips' moved like 1cm either way and somehow looked pointy? Kelli Q had moments but didn't wow me. Is that Yuko diagonally behind Kelli Q? Whoever it was has terrible foot placement. Check out the last second - she almost loses her balance because she's not grounded properly. 

Holy shit the brunettes on the edges of the back row...what hot ass messes. They were also *so* exposed at the edges.  You can seriously see a *huge* difference in their power and projection. Even watch them in the move where they lift their left knee or when they do the 'turn around & butt pop' move. Honestly, they look like they're just marking it! You can't see Savannah that much because she's hidden but she also looked weak.  You could barely see Lauren but she actually looked quite good! I think she's a strong Rookie, I like her! 

40 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I counted 9 people, but I didn't see Christina, I could have sworn this was her group.  Did she get switched?

I think the angle of that video - not head on - makes some it look just a little bit off/skewed than if you see from directly in front. When they change levels and alternate it throws me a little bit from that angle. 

I really like Lacey, but don't see a ton of 'pop' in this one. She's still so fun to watch and that double is gorgeous. 

To think that we were so spoiled with all the talent on last year's team that people used to complain about Amy T., Melissa, or Megan's weight, or about Jenn K's personality. If any of them were on the current team, you would not hear a critical peep from anyone.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, dynamite said:

Now THIS is a little more like it! Except for whatever Rookie (or whoever) that is in the back left. She's actually giving me flashbacks of when Danielle Marie used to always look over to see if she was in line. It looks like she's marking it too, TBH.

Edited by tajalexander

They are just average dancers who try to over emphasize head pops and booty shakes .  Not to mention weak choreography.  Combine them both and you get a mess.  Miss the talent !!!!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, tajalexander said:

ADORABLE. Something tells me either Kelli or Judy weren't too pleased.

What a roster ? 

Honestly, this reminds me that I'm glad Jenna is still there. Put her back in front already! I'll even jump on the Lacey train. Still staunchly #CerstenForPoint, but whatever.

They definitely were quite upset about that. I remember in an interview Kelli mentioned that she was very displeased about that situation.

45 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

They are just average dancers who try to over emphasize head pops and booty shakes .  Not to mention weak choreography.  Combine them both and you get a mess.  Miss the talent !!!!

I wouldn't say AVERAGE, but I would agree with the choreography being weak. Their own styles are definitely better than the DCC style.

1 hour ago, California Girl said:

To think that we were so spoiled with all the talent on last year's team that people used to complain about Amy T., Melissa, or Megan's weight, or about Jenn K's personality. If any of them were on the current team, you would not hear a critical peep from anyone.

Agreed about all of those dancers being great, but I don't know about the last sentence lol. While I think lots of the criticism (especially Megan) was way over the top, one can think that and express that a girl is an excellent dancer and still think that she is annoying or has weight issues. I didn't like Allie at all back in season 6 (now SHE seemed like a snitch), but I thought she was a powerful dancer. 

The more I see of this team and the rookies, I do think team is weaker than the season 6 team, which I've thought was the weakest to date (of the CMT years). That team still had Allie, Ashton, Whitney, Britney, Mia, Jackie, etc. I don't think this team has anywhere near the standouts. Kashara is point, and I don't think she would've even been considered a top 10 dancer on the team last year. This isn't to bash her. I like her, and it's not her fault that she had to step up because other teammates screwed up, but it is what it is. 

Hopefully next year, they won't cut some vets for no apparent reason or decline to take girls who can dance and kick for girls like Brianna, who clearly don't have it.

• Love 4

The vets are gonna have to dance for their lives this year. 

But I also think a year (or two for some) of the DCC style will do some of the rookies some good. I remember not being the biggest fan of Mia her rookie season, and look how strong she finished. 

I think Lauren (I think it's her back there) looked good in that routine.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 2

Putting cheerleading aside for one post, Dallas is hosting the Houston Texans on Aug 31. The Texans are at the Dallas facility. JJ Watt (Houston) had a little interview about how some players left home and are in wonder about their families back in Houston. He even said some things are bigger than football. The mayor of Dallas also had a press conference laying out a plan for Houston residents, and did mention the Star at Frisco.

Again, thoughts are with those who dealing with Harvey.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

Ok, I have a proposal...

Since they did away with the fan vote to get one of the girls into TC, why not start a NEW fan-participation event by choosing one of us to be a JUDGE, from prelims to finals??!! 

Wouldn't have to be a contest, per se, just draw one of our names for the winner! 

Who's with me?? 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, cvogue said:

Ok, I have a proposal...

Since they did away with the fan vote to get one of the girls into TC, why not start a NEW fan-participation event by choosing one of us to be a JUDGE, from prelims to finals??!! 

Wouldn't have to be a contest, per se, just draw one of our names for the winner! 

Who's with me?? 

Few of us suggested that to Shelly in the Questions thread. Essays and fundraiser/auctions were mentioned. My kidney is up for grabs. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Kashara is dancing at the point or the triangle. Kelli usually calls the 50 Yard Line girl the tallest girl, who is in the middle on the 50 during the kickline. That might be Khalyn right now? 

I'm crazy, too.

Doubt it he's going to break his contract for a booty call that may have happened almost a year ago, but ok.

Tess is the tallest right now.

• Love 1

Hi Everyone. I am unsure where to place this but I was scrolling through @dccchearleaders twitter and stumbled across a video. I am unsure if this is the appropriate placement for this comment or whether this has mentioned in a previous posting in another folder/section on this forum but........ can someone please confirm what I think I saw??? I was watching Christina dance and I believe she made some dancing errors. If this has not been mentioned before, can you please revisit/review and confirm for me? Thank you

11 minutes ago, BeautyB said:

Hi Everyone. I am unsure where to place this but I was scrolling through @dccchearleaders twitter and stumbled across a video. I am unsure if this is the appropriate placement for this comment or whether this has mentioned in a previous posting in another folder/section on this forum but........ can someone please confirm what I think I saw??? I was watching Christina dance and I believe she made some dancing errors. If this has not been mentioned before, can you please revisit/review and confirm for me? Thank you

If you're referring to the move around :28 then no, the back line all go in a different direction. It's choreographed that way. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, dynamite said:

I don't think anyone could see this and honestly tell me that there is a reason Yuko made the team. 

And yes Lacey and Robin are totally saving the group. I've watched it twice before seeing any comments and I didn't even notice the rest of them. Then I re-watched it focusing on each of them... well Lauren looks promising at least.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

If you're referring to the move around :28 then no, the back line all go in a different direction. It's choreographed that way. 

Actually looking at this dance, I think Tara (the girl behind Cersten) on :23 looked like half a count ahead. She had her hands up before anyone else. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Who's the one in the back row between Tess and Jinelle? Backrow Brunette is who I keep wanting to watch.

Is that Molly? I'm still having a really hard time with the new rookies. (I just had to look back and make sure there was a "Molly" on the team and that I didn't just make that up lol).

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Who's the one in the back row between Tess and Jinelle? Backrow Brunette is who I keep wanting to watch.

I am probably wrong, but I can't help but think that's Miranda.

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't think anyone could see this and honestly tell me that there is a reason Yuko made the team. 

I didn't pay attention to her before but did now.  Yeah, that was...well...not great (to be kind).  Here is where I'll get tomatoes thrown at me, but I don't think Kelsey is a whole lot better.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Is that Molly? I'm still having a really hard time with the new rookies. (I just had to look back and make sure there was a "Molly" on the team and that I didn't just make that up lol).

Molly is....unique looking. I wonder if she will be one of those cheerleaders like Carey DePasquale that you barely see and never hear from, or if we will get to know her better. I sometimes dislike how the show cherry picks cheerleaders to feature. They all deserve their 15 minutes after busting their butts to even walk inside the doors to the Star. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Hopefully next year, they won't cut some vets for no apparent reason or decline to take girls who can dance and kick for girls like Brianna, who clearly don't have it.

This^

Kelli needs to cut back on the 'project' girls and go with ones that are much closer to what they need. I totally agree with Judy on this!

7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Few of us suggested that to Shelly in the Questions thread. Essays and fundraiser/auctions were mentioned. My kidney is up for grabs. 

They can have my first born.  I'll even send the college tuition bill with him. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, dynamite said:

I've had season tickets to the Redskins (2nd row) and have season tickets to the Panthers (front row of the upper deck).  This may be a weaker squad than previous ones (I'm not sure about that), but those other cheerleaders can't even hold a candle to even a weak DCC squad.

I agree Jenna's group is the best.  Is it the because she has the strongest dancers, or is she the best instructor?  Remember, the group leaders teach the dances.  We know K and J are only there (max_ two nights a week.  In all this brew-haha about Jenna, no one ever talked about taking her group leadership away.  I think she brings more to the squad than just extra pop on her hip shakes.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I've had season tickets to the Redskins (2nd row) and have season tickets to the Panthers (front row of the upper deck).  This may be a weaker squad than previous ones (I'm not sure about that), but those other cheerleaders can't even hold a candle to even a weak DCC squad.

I agree Jenna's group is the best.  Is it the because she has the strongest dancers, or is she the best instructor?  Remember, the group leaders teach the dances.  We know K and J are only there (max_ two nights a week.  In all this brew-haha about Jenna, no one ever talked about taking her group leadership away.  I think she brings more to the squad than just extra pop on her hip shakes.

This video -- Lacey really looks great and I love her.  But when you have her up front -- in a basically unattainable perfect DCC figure, Rachel looks just flat out large. I am sure she is not, but I am shocked K&J consider her "uniform ready".  I think this was a good year to be a bubble girl with all those late departing vets.

is that Rachel? I don't even know. Whoever that is -- I am just surprised.

Edited by Dccfan126
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I didn't pay attention to her before but did now.  Yeah, that was...well...not great (to be kind).  Here is where I'll get tomatoes thrown at me, but I don't think Kelsey is a whole lot better.

You focus on her as she is in the middle, her chest is bouncing more then everyone else (thank you multiple augmentations), she over flips her head and that damn frizz head of hair is all over the place.  So honesty you can't help but see her...UGH 

1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

This video -- Lacey really looks great and I love her.  But when you have her up front -- in a basically unattainable perfect DCC figure, Rachel looks just flat out large. I am sure she is not, but I am shocked K&J consider her "uniform ready".  I think this was a good year to be a bubble girl with all those late departing vets.

is that Rachel? I don't even know. Whoever that is -- I am just surprised.

Rewatched.  I agree it's Rachel and I believe I see a roll.  Let's hope she gets it together.

I think Lacey's body type is too thin.  That's why she and Jinelle never entered the point discussion (to my knowledge).  How else to you explain Kashara leap frogging both of them for point?  And it's not like they can do something about it, that's the way God made them.

I was wondering why my eyes were drawn more to Robin.  The funny part, Jenna is just a thin.  Someone pointed out, just how long Jenna's legs are compared to her height.  That maybe the difference, because I adore Jenna's dancing.

Edited by hypeman
grammar/spelling
  • Love 1

Yeah, Rachel is thick. I think its partly just body type, so I'm not sure how thin she can reasonably get. During the last episode, I thought the clip of her dancing was really unflattering (when Judy was complimenting her towards the end of the episode). 

I will say that the upon re-watching a few times, I like Rookie Lauren. I think she's the best after Lacey and Robin. I would give her a more visible position in the triangle formation of group 3 if I were K&J. 

I went back and watched the group 1 clip, and Kalyssa just looks messy to me. She's a big dancer (especially for a small girl), but I think she needs more control.  

I don't recall seeing this formation before, but I like it (though switch Lacey and Maddie please).

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, Rachel is thick. I think its partly just body type, so I'm not sure how thin she can reasonably get. During the last episode, I thought the clip of her dancing was really unflattering (when Judy was complimenting her towards the end of the episode). 

I will say that the upon re-watching a few times, I like Rookie Lauren. I think she's the best after Lacey and Robin. I would give her a more visible position in the triangle formation of group 3 if I were K&J. 

I went back and watched the group 1 clip, and Kalyssa just looks messy to me. She's a big dancer (especially for a small girl), but I think she needs more control.  

I don't recall seeing this formation before, but I like it (though switch Lacey and Maddie please).

They may be doing the hip hop routing from the playoff game last season? This looks similar to when Holly was in the middle, Maddie did have some highlights in it as well.

• Love 1

I was just coming to post this; looks like Maddie took Holly's spot when the triangle collapses and they start doing the hip-hop portion of the routine...great exposure for her! 

Starts around 2:03 in the video

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lfedncr said:

You focus on her as she is in the middle, her chest is bouncing more then everyone else (thank you multiple augmentations), she over flips her head and that damn frizz head of hair is all over the place.  So honesty you can't help but see her...UGH 

When I said "I didn't pay attention to her before but did now.  Yeah, that was...well...not great (to be kind)." I was replying to a comment about Yuko, who I'm pretty sure has had no augmentation, let alone multiples :)

7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

They may be doing the hip hop routing from the playoff game last season? This looks similar to when Holly was in the middle, Maddie did have some highlights in it as well.

Yeah, I remember now, and agreed, if it's the hip hop routine, then Maddie was very strong in that routine. 

7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Maybe someone is sitting out? I noticed that they tend to do this when someone is out OR when they're doing that hip hop routine.

21 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

It looks like Erica was working the telethon to raise money for the hurricane victims. I may be wrong, but it looked like her. 

Which one? The few I've seen I did not see her.

1 hour ago, DBAAT said:

It looks like Erica was working the telethon to raise money for the hurricane victims. I may be wrong, but it looked like her. 

Erica wasn't there since she's not on the team anymore. 

Allstars did appear though, maybe confused with Katy? Similar hair color. 

On 8/29/2017 at 6:42 AM, dynamite said:

I'm hoping that the rookies are still getting used to the venue or it's possible the wind was strong and throwing them off. But this was a mess and bordered on uncomfortable to watch. Part of it is the choreography; just doesn't seem like smooth transitions between some movements. But you work with what you are given and do it well, like the two front dancers in front formation. As you are looking at the video, the back blond and brunette are off tempo and weak. My eyes kept going to them and not in a good way. The brunette looks like she's sick or injured, maybe? Whomever said she's marking it was right. The back blond (Lauren, I think) and red head need to switch positions with some of the weaker dancers on the outside. These two are at least performing on the music and pleasant to watch. One thing to look for as far as performance quality is when the dancers are transitioning and have to step to move positions. Even if you are moving just a foot, move your hips and bring your knees up - Lacey's transition is a good example of how it "should be". The back dancers look like this move is a rest for them and lose style points. 

Edited by dancer88
add sentence
10 hours ago, Spooky said:

I was just coming to post this; looks like Maddie took Holly's spot when the triangle collapses and they start doing the hip-hop portion of the routine...great exposure for her! 

Starts around 2:03 in the video

Kell's twitter to the cheerleaders did say to be ready to do percussion and hip hop numbers

17 hours ago, ByTor said:

Well I agree that she wasn't awesome, but at least she could do sexy hips and well, a big portion of the fans (ahem males fans) only care about watching hot chicks dancing. 

11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Wow, Maddie in Holly's spot? She is good in hip hop but not good enough to cover for Holly. I would put Cersten in her spot.

And hopefully they won't put Maddie and Kashara in these hideous outfits again.

Edited by dreamcatcher
2 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

My heart goes out to Kalyssa right now. I saw she is in the practice formation for the game. Her grand mom just passed away a few days ago.

WAIT ... WHAT????????  Her mom passed away a few days ago? what happened? That is SO SAD!!!!!!!

• Love 1