Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Wow, Heather O must be amazing for her to get GL in her second year. Good for her!!

Was there another 3rd year or 4th year who is not a GL or AGL?  I can't remember.  Did they have to scoop down to the 2nd years because they didn't have another choice?  I wonder, if based on your schedule you could ask not to be considered, just like show group?  Is there a list of this new team somewhere that lists it by years?  Thanks if anyone has this info.

All of us have our theories and the DCC that we like or dislike. I have another thought for everyone. What if it was Holly convincing Jenna to go and hang with the players, we don't know how it all evolved. All, I'm saying is that I can't blame Jenna for Holly's bad decisions. No one held a gun to Holly's head and forced her to break the rules/law. They are both adults and have free will and can make their own decisions. No matter, who invited who, they broke the DCC contract. 

So, Holly quit, her choice again. If that is what she needed to do, then more power to her. As far as Jenna, if the "crime" that she is accused of warranted dismissal, I have no doubt that K&J would have showed her the door and an apology would not have cut it, considering this was Jenna's strike 2. Erica is the prime example of this. She is also a GR8 dancer and performer and a favorite...but this is business, so she was released for ???  I can't believe that it was her injury because they have worked with and kept several vets in the past with injuries. It has to be more.

As @LaurenBrook stated up thread, the way this show is filmed/edited we will probably never know the real/entire truth about the issues these women have gone through, so that is why I can't put all the blame on one person. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Are they going to have to change the graphic wallpaper at The Star? With Erica front and center? (I'm being facetious).

Seriously though, Erica could be very injured or very ill and I hope she's alright.

I believe Shelly said that those pics are not permanent, they slide in between the glass and would be taken down probably after the show. 

10 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

And I think Stephanie?  

Ahh, for some reason I thought she was fourth. Hm, I would have picked her over Heather O but I'm thinking they weren't in the same group after reshuffling. 

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Bingo!  Maturity also includes refraining from passive-aggressive cryptic social media posts, which Jenna seems to love.

Bingo again!  "You're fat"  (oh, sorry, not fat, heavy) "Yes ma'am" is not something to aspire to.

I'm not so sure, she's not that great or widely well known enough to have the diva-ish attitude she appears to have.  For her sake I hope she learns to keep it in check.

I'm talking purely skill, i'm not sure whether she really is a diva or not and even if that's true, she may be able to turn things around. Dallas isn't the beginning and end of the dance world. 

19 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

All of us have our theories and the DCC that we like or dislike. I have another thought for everyone. What if it was Holly convincing Jenna to go and hang with the players, we don't know how it all evolved. All, I'm saying is that I can't blame Jenna for Holly's bad decisions. No one held a gun to Holly's head and forced her to break the rules/law. They are both adults and have free will and can make their own decisions. No matter, who invited who, they broke the DCC contract. 

So, Holly quit, her choice again. If that is what she needed to do, then more power to her. As far as Jenna, if the "crime" that she is accused of warranted dismissal, I have no doubt that K&J would have showed her the door and an apology would not have cut it, considering this was Jenna's strike 2. Erica is the prime example of this. She is also a GR8 dancer and performer and a favorite...but this is business, so she was released for ???  I can't believe that it was her injury because they have worked with and kept several vets in the past with injuries. It has to be more.

As @LaurenBrook stated up thread, the way this show is filmed/edited we will probably never know the real/entire truth about the issues these women have gone through, so that is why I can't put all the blame on one person. 

I'm not blaming Jenna as a person for Holly's choices, especially since we don't know for certain why they were both punished. What we do know is that group leader Jenna let one of the girls she is supposed to guide to do something illegal in a very public space. Normally, I wouldn't even think Jenna should be blamed at all. If Holly's sidekick was a random team member or tcc, that would be fine. But as a DCC group leader, she is supposed to be on duty 24/7. While I think that K&J sometimes seem to be way too obsessed with the brand, I can see why they need to have leaders who will shut down situations like this one before they even develop. I think we all agree that we are 'blaming' the leader and not Jenna as a normal person.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm talking purely skill, i'm not sure whether she really is a diva or not and even if that's true, she may be able to turn things around. Dallas isn't the beginning and end of the dance world. 

I'm not blaming Jenna as a person for Holly's choices, especially since we don't know for certain why they were both punished. What we do know is that group leader Jenna let one of the girls she is supposed to guide to do something illegal in a very public space. Normally, I wouldn't even think Jenna should be blamed at all. If Holly's sidekick was a random team member or tcc, that would be fine. But as a DCC group leader, she is supposed to be on duty 24/7. While I think that K&J sometimes seem to be way too obsessed with the brand, I can see why they need to have leaders who will shut down situations like this one before they even develop. I think we all agree that we are 'blaming' the leader and not Jenna as a normal person.

Totally understand and no argument from me, I'm open to see everyone's point of view. My point is that they all made mistakes and yes I do know that the captain goes down with the ship. I also agree that it seems suspect that Jenna survived, but again, we will not get the truth from CMT but hopefully we will eventually. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

As far as Jenna, if the "crime" that she is accused of warranted dismissal, I have no doubt that K&J would have showed her the door and an apology would not have cut it.

I respectfully disagree. There have been favorites, at least one of them a long term vet,  that have broken that rule in the past and Kelli has looked the other way. If you do a good enough job as a DCC she appears to ignore it. Jenna made the mistake of being a wench, not doing the job, AND fraternizing, so she got a talking to. 

Jenna tried to pull tricks others have, but just doesn't have the experience to do it right.

As Kitty would say, "Don't do sh*t you can't do".

Edited by Java
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, NorthernM said:

@ShellyB When I toured The Star a couple of weeks ago, the guide mentioned that the cheerleaders were not happy with their studio at The Star. The guide said it was because people working out at Cowboys Fit can see directly into their studio. Is that why the photo wall is up during filming? And if this is true is anything being done to give the girls more privacy? 

Interesting....the new studio is amazing, state of the art equipment. The glass between the studio and gym is frosted with the script Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders etched across. When simply walking by, it's not that easy to see inside the studio. One would have to walk up to the window and be a looky loo....therefore, on non filming nights, we have security to discourage lingering. The glass is covered so there is a solid, non reflective background for filming. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 6

So basically Jenna is an evil b*tch who shouldn't be in the team while Holly is a saint who didn't know any better/needs more guidance and should still be on the team. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't think she even attended. Melissa and Victoria were bridesmaids. 

You're right.  I just went back and looked at the pictures.  Jenna was not in any photos.

4 minutes ago, bk10 said:

So basically Jenna is an evil b*tch who shouldn't be in the team while Holly is a saint who didn't know any better/needs more guidance and should still be on the team. 

I don't think either should be on the team.  Both are extremely selfish and entitled.  In short, poor role models for anyone.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Interesting....the new studio is amazing, state of the art equipment. The glass between the studio and gym is frosted with the script Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders etched across. When simply walking by, it's not that easy to see inside the studio. One would have to walk up to the window and be a looky loo....therefore, on non filming nights, we have security to discourage lingering. The glass is covered so there is a solid, non reflective background for filming. 

Ok thx for clarifying. That doesn't sound bad. We did not get to see the studio on the tour so from the guide's comment, I imagined a large clear window between the gym and the studio. Now that would be distracting. I must say The Star is impressive! 

• Love 3

I think the second episode with the vet interviews may be foreshadowing for a number of choices that have been made 

1- Kelly and Judy talk to Cersten about her future plans for medical school. This informs why she may not have been made a group leader, since she won't be with the team in another year and they'd rather invest in other girls who may stick around longer. I get the sense than Carsten would have been made a group leader and could be a future next JennK if she had long term plans to stick with the team.

2- They show how Kashara has demonstrated being a strong leader and friend by taking in Yuko under her wing. This inclusion might be foreshadowing the reason behind Kashara's "promotion" to group leader.

3- When they run down the second year candidates, Kelly mentions how Heather O has been phenomenal. She's the first girl she lists, and really emphasizes the word "phenomenal" (although they also mention that Maggie had a phenomenal year too).

4- This part I haven't figured out yet but when they speak to Jenna, it doesn't seem complimentary. To me it seemed like they were asking her to "step up" and be a guiding light. As another poster mentioned, it was framed as though they've asked other girls who was their guiding light and that Jenna has never really been that girl. I am interested in hearing how this plays out and if Jenna gets called into the office again based on her punishment of not attending HOF. 

5- I am curious to see what happens to Kelsey during interviews. Everyone has mentioned how they won't stop playing the "50 yards on a football field" quote but I'm hoping the payoff is that she really kicks butt during her interview this year. I can't imagine they included that section without some sort of followthrough story line. 

• Love 7

Omg. I feel like my world has been turned upside down. I personally feel like losing Holly IS a big loss. If you don't like her, fine, if she's bratty, fine- but I've seen her dance on the field live, and she KILLS IT. 

Regarding the weight warnings, I cannot even imagine the stress of keeping that weight off and carrying 11-14%  body fat all year, which is close to bikini competition numbers. My friends that compete get down to 10-12% for competitions, but go back to when they're over. If you're not genetically blessed like Lacey, it's rough. 

@ShellyB Dayton is a beautiful girl. I hope she comes back stronger next year!

• Love 4

23 vets, 13 rookies

6 year - 1

5 year - 1 

4 year - 1

3 year - 7

2 year - 13

Just a perspective of how few upper vets this year. I don't think it matters as much as it did 10 years ago, but man those were the days when everyone was a fifth year. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 6

Please do not take this the wrong way as I think that she is an absolute sweetheart and an exemplary DCC, but Jinelle's longevity with the team somewhat surprises me.  

I put Jinelle in the same category as such sweet, go-to, team players -- yet somewhat 'background', or lower-profile girls -- as Claire, Jessica (makeup Queen), or Jaxx, and those types do not usually make it beyond three years on the squad.  If you had told me five years ago that Jinelle would be in Show Group, a Group Leader, and the only remaining fifth-year of her Rookie class, I might not have believed you. Does Jinelle know where the organization's bodies are buried, or is she secretly dating someone with influence?  ;)

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2

I think kelli likes jinelle's attitude and personality. She has said before that she values that over some of the other stuff sometimes, like with Alexandra from season 9, the special education teacher. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Please do not take this the wrong way as I think that she is an absolute sweetheart and an exemplary DCC, but Jinelle's longevity with the team somewhat surprises me.  

I put Jinelle in the same category as such sweet, go-to, team players -- yet somewhat 'background', or lower-profile girls -- as Claire, Jessica (makeup Queen), or Jaxx, and those types do not usually make it beyond three years on the squad.  If you had told me five years ago that Jinelle would be in Show Group, a Group Leader, and one of the only two remaining fifth-years of her Rookie class (along with Jenna), I might not have believed you. Does Jinelle know where all of the organization's bodies are buried, or is she secretly dating someone with influence?  ;)

I think it comes down to being a moderately good dancer but an exceptional leader and ambassador. I'd take a squad full of Jinelles versus a squad full of Holly's. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I think kelli likes jinelle's attitude and personality. She has said before that she values that over some of the other stuff sometimes, like with Alexandra from season 9, the special education teacher. 

Yeah she said the same about Morgan who I could not stand lol. 

21 minutes ago, Stee said:

I think the second episode with the vet interviews may be foreshadowing for a number of choices that have been made 

1- Kelly and Judy talk to Cersten about her future plans for medical school. This informs why she may not have been made a group leader, since she won't be with the team in another year and they'd rather invest in other girls who may stick around longer. I get the sense than Carsten would have been made a group leader and could be a future next JennK if she had long term plans to stick with the team.

2- They show how Kashara has demonstrated being a strong leader and friend by taking in Yuko under her wing. This inclusion might be foreshadowing the reason behind Kashara's "promotion" to group leader.

3- When they run down the second year candidates, Kelly mentions how Heather O has been phenomenal. She's the first girl she lists, and really emphasizes the word "phenomenal" (although they also mention that Maggie had a phenomenal year too).

4- This part I haven't figured out yet but when they speak to Jenna, it doesn't seem complimentary. To me it seemed like they were asking her to "step up" and be a guiding light. As another poster mentioned, it was framed as though they've asked other girls who was their guiding light and that Jenna has never really been that girl. I am interested in hearing how this plays out and if Jenna gets called into the office again based on her punishment of not attending HOF. 

5- I am curious to see what happens to Kelsey during interviews. Everyone has mentioned how they won't stop playing the "50 yards on a football field" quote but I'm hoping the payoff is that she really kicks butt during her interview this year. I can't imagine they included that section without some sort of followthrough story line. 

I love all of these insights. :) 

The only one i disagree a bit with is Kelsey - I think they like bringing up her failings but it could be to emphasize how much she's grown and that picking her was the right choice, not a mistake.  

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

23 vets, 13 rookies

6 year - 1

5 year - 1 

4 year - 3 

3 year - 5

2 year - 13

Just a perspective of how few upper vets this year. I don't think it matters as much as it did 10 years ago, but man those were the days when everyone was a fifth year. 

Who are the other 4th years? I thought with Erica gone, only Lacey is left from their rookie class.

5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Who are the other 4th years? I thought with Erica gone, only Lacey is left from their rookie class.

Yeah, same. I think there are 8 3 years and only 1 4th year girl (Lacey).

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Mixed up Amy and Kashara. Damn that's a young squad then. I always get third and fourth years jumbled. 

2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Isn't it the truth?  I am SOOOOO over seeing that clip of her saying there are only 50 yards on a football field.  Hell, they'll probably play that clip at her funeral!

Not only play the clip at her funeral but engrave KELSEY "50 YARDS" LOWRANCE on her tombstone.  LOL!

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't even know if it's so much being mad at the organization but how they let CMT show things.  It almost feels like they forget at times these girls are real humans with real feelings, not a plot point.  Obviously they have to make a dramatic show but...i dunno.  Again, I'm torn.  I love the show but in some ways hate what it's done to the squad. 

It is so demeaning the members of the DCC squad are referred  to as "characters" vs "women/team members". These women are not characters chosen to fill stereotypes in a reality nor are they fed lines. Clearly, the team has enough drama on its own. I love the DCC and the show. After being on these boards and reading the allowed and some times encouraged misogyny, it's their fan base I'm not so keen on.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Dallas isn't the beginning and end of the dance world. 

I can't disagree with this, but I'll never believe "they need her more than she needs them."  DCC existed before Holly was born, and they'll survive perfectly fine without her.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Mixed up Amy and Kashara. Damn that's a young squad then. I always get third and fourth years jumbled. 

Yeah, I don't remember there being another year, since the show started at least, with so few senior vets. 

53 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I think Kelli likes Jinelles Accent   bwhahaha

I think the several clips of Kelli talking with several veterans clears up a issue from the past.  On a number of occassions, we have heard on social media of a veteran taking prep classes and talking about auditions and then Boom, within a week or so before auditions, they suddenly change their mind and don't audition.  Often the reason why is never revealed to us or if it is, it seems off or surprising or flimsy.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

What if it was Holly convincing Jenna to go and hang with the players

I still say it would be a real kick in the ass if Madeline were, in fact, the bad influence :)

• Love 2

It may be a young squad but they still have some great leaders; Jinelle, Lacey, Kashara, Bess & Robin! The squad will be fine. Personally I think they should have told Jenna not to even reaudition for her 6th year and Erica really didn't bring a whole lot to the table with her injuries. The fans will miss Holly but yeah the squad will survive. I feel like Jinelle being a 5th year leader kind of got shadowed over because Jenna stayed for a 6th year. I hope Jinelle gets Pro Bowl!! 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I think the several clips of Kelli talking with several veterans clears up a issue from the past.  On a number of occassions, we have heard on social media of a veteran taking prep classes and talking about auditions and then Boom, within a week or so before auditions, they suddenly change their mind and don't audition.  Often the reason why is never revealed to us or if it is, it seems off or surprising or flimsy.

Like Lauren perhaps (?), who decided to retire just before the Calendar trip.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I hope Jinelle gets Pro Bowl!! 

She just might, especially if Pro Bowl is a team vote...at least I think that's what we were told, team vote & Kelli has the final say.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

She just might, especially if Pro Bowl is a team vote...at least I think that's what we were told, team vote & Kelli has the final say.

It is too early to know of course, and I wouldn't want to jinx it (as with Erica for point girl), but yes, with this group of senior vets I think it is very likely that Jinelle will be the DCC's Pro Bowl representative.

• Love 1