Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yup :(  Her brother said that the new director got rid of anyone over a certain age, i think it was like 27 or 28?? but it included some incredible girls, like four year vets.  Shannon had a post about it at the time but deleted.  

Love how beautiful she looks in these tho! (I think her account is public??) 

They kept that dopey Tiffany ( O Biden chick) but got rid of Shannon and others. Nice wedding pics on her IG. She looks good and seems to be doing well.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yup :(  Her brother said that the new director got rid of anyone over a certain age, i think it was like 27 or 28?? but it included some incredible girls, like four year vets.  Shannon had a post about it at the time but deleted.  

From what I've seen of her, I always liked her.  Glad she seems happy!

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Beana8 said:

I really like Whitney But I REALLY don't think she should try out anymore.  Let it go.  They clearly don't want you.  

I agree. However, Kelli Q. could have taken that same approach and just gave up after trying out several times and not making it. But for this particular girl..yeah she needs to hang it up. Because no.

20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope Royesha tries out again. She is adorable and with some more training and working on her kicks/jump split, she definitely says DCC to me. I also hoped the one girl from Pittsburgh who tried out in Season 9 would try out again. Yes, she did need a makeover and struggled a little, but I thought she would make a great DCC.

Me too. She was super cute!

• Love 1

Can't wait for more stupid explanations from Kellie. "When I'm talking into my phone, I'm making notes on the girls" "I'm giving them a "Yes" "no" "maybe" "yes i'd put you on the team" "maybe" "no i wouldn't put you on the team"

29 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Can't wait for more stupid explanations from Kellie. "When I'm talking into my phone, I'm making notes on the girls" "I'm giving them a "Yes" "no" "maybe" "yes i'd put you on the team" "maybe" "no i wouldn't put you on the team"

Going to miss Candace's impression of Kelli "more style".

• Love 5

Hello everyone, has it been a year already? Time flies... it makes me think of the ones who were cut and told to "try again next year". To them it seems like next year is eons away, to me it seems like I blinked. ? 

Does anyone think Courtney would ever try again? I loved her and I thought she would have made a great DCC. I heard she may have made some snarky comments at some point, is that true? Can someone confirm? 

38 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

? haha, "it's a fairly simple system really, let me explain..." 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Hello everyone, has it been a year already? Time flies... it makes me think of the ones who were cut and told to "try again next year". To them it seems like next year is eons away, to me it seems like I blinked. ? 

Does anyone think Courtney would ever try again? I loved her and I thought she would have made a great DCC. I heard she may have made some snarky comments at some point, is that true? Can someone confirm? 

Which Courtney?

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Which Courtney?

I believe she means Courtney Johnson from year before last. Not sure if the snarky comments thing is true or not but I tend to err on the side of innocent until proven guilty.

2 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

If you mean Courtney Johnson, then I'm right there with you. She was one that I felt just needed more time but would have come back and slayed. Kelli herself even tweeted that the one girl she wish would try out again would be her, but it doesn't look like she's planning to audition this year. 

• Love 3

Not sure if anyone has brought this up here yet, but what about pigeon-toed Emily? Has she given up or is there any word about her coming back to try again? I feel bad for her in a way, but if she's ballet trained like she said in Season 8, then I'm baffled as to how on earth she could still have been so turned in last season. I haven't really trained in dance in years, but I still have the automatic reflex of turning out and pointing my toes when I stretch or do any kind of fitness class. It becomes second nature after years of training I would think. 

• Love 1
On April 11, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Oranaiche said:

Yeah, don't think they would take her regardless of the size of her derrière. Nothing about this says DCC to me.

You can't post this being a wanna be DCC. That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works!

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, DCCFAN71 said:

Wow. I've been following her for awhile, since she tried out for DCC the first time. She is definitely a contender in the beauty and "body type" category that K&J like. I hope she has improved on her dance and performance. If she has I would say that she just might make the team. 

Didn't she get cut from a "lesser, less known / less competitive" group though?  I put it in quotes to semi-refer to how K+J always talk about how DCC is the end all be all of standards.  What are her chances of making DCC if she got cut from whatever team she was on?

That pic is just.........no. Weird side boob about to pop out of her chest, camel toe, scrawny arm, horrible lip injections, jaw line looks erased. What is wrong with this girl? Are her jaw and arm photoshopped badly? Do people really want that kind of bolted on side boob look? I'm so confused.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Teresa said:

Not sure if anyone has brought this up here yet, but what about pigeon-toed Emily? Has she given up or is there any word about her coming back to try again? I feel bad for her in a way, but if she's ballet trained like she said in Season 8, then I'm baffled as to how on earth she could still have been so turned in last season. I haven't really trained in dance in years, but I still have the automatic reflex of turning out and pointing my toes when I stretch or do any kind of fitness class. It becomes second nature after years of training I would think. 

Emily is one of the USA cheerleaders.

2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

,Didn't she get cut from a "lesser, less known / less competitive" group though?  I put it in quotes to semi-refer to how K+J always talk about how DCC is the end all be all of standards.  What are her chances of making DCC if she got cut from whatever team she was on?

Kelly was a Mavs dancer, AA Ice Angel, and a Houston Texans cheerleader (2 yrs). I don't think she was cut from any other team other than the DCC.

Edited by MrsEVH
56 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Emily is one of the USA cheerleaders.

ugh that's kind of sad ... I don't get this squad ... at all.  I hope she doesn't try out.  I was not a fan and she totally ruined the experience for me.  It doesn't seem like K+J like her at all so I don't know why oh why they would ever encourage her to try out again 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

ugh that's kind of sad ... I don't get this squad ... at all.  I hope she doesn't try out.  I was not a fan and she totally ruined the experience for me.  It doesn't seem like K+J like her at all so I don't know why oh why they would ever encourage her to try out again 

Seems like it's for retired cheerleaders/dancers (ex: former DCCs) who still want to dance but but with not  a huge commitment. For ones that can't seem to make a team (ex: Kendall former DSIG) maybe it's the only one they can get on.

24 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelly was a Mavs dancer, AA Ice Angel, and a Houston Texans cheerleader (2 yrs). I don't think she was cut from any other team other than the DCC.

Kelly has been cut from the Mavs and the Texans. 

29 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Do you mean that she ruined your viewing experience or something else? Im not trying to pry, just was slightly confused. I don't have a real problem with Emily. I disliked her "I'm the hardest working girl in the room" comment, but some people like to hear that type of comment, so I couldn't tell if she was just arrogant or if she thought that's what K&J wanted to hear. Otherwise, she never really bothered me, but dance-wise, she definitely doesn't have it.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2017 at 4:59 PM, LaurenBrook said:

I think heather o is OK...i'd actually be shocked if she were cut.  Especially with being used recently for that throwback promo(with the 70s hair lol) 

Do you have a link to that promo?  I can't seem to find it. TIA. 

Do we have any insiders or 'spies' for this year's tryouts & training camp?  Or will we have to rely on cobbled together info from social media?  I wish TXStar would come back here. 

Edited by Tdoc72
4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

If you mean Courtney Johnson, then I'm right there with you. She was one that I felt just needed more time but would have come back and slayed. Kelli herself even tweeted that the one girl she wish would try out again would be her, but it doesn't look like she's planning to audition this year. 

That's too bad, I too felt like she was worth the risk. Of course that opinion is based only on what I seen of her on DCC/MTT. ?

3 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Kelly has been cut from the Mavs and the Texans. 

I forgot about the Texans.  I thought she only did 1 season with the Mavs.  Did she audition for a 2nd one and got cut? Must be why she auditioned for the Ice Angels.

What about Kyndall? I would be surprised if she came back again. She's beautiful, but I think her figure is actually too straight and she's too flat chested for the DCC uniform. Plus she obviously can't remember the dances. Then again, memory didn't stop Morgan from making it in Season 8.

I just re-watched the team announcement from last season and Kelli gave Kelsey the "We can make her a wow performer..."spiel just like she had previously done for Breelan and Ashley Pro in Season 9. All I can think is yes Kelsey is beautiful but so are Breelan and especially Ashley Pro and they got cut the following year. I have a bad feeling Kelsey is going to be cut this year. I hope I'm wrong. 

Edited by Teresa

I doubt Kelsey is in danger yet.  Breelan looked soft and had lackluster dance.  Ashley's finals solo was awful (I'm actually an Ashley Pro fan, she grew up not far from me) and she had too many mistakes in the combo.  Kelsey has always had good solos in finals, and she has a rock hard body that definitely is HD friendly. Don't count her out just yet.   I honestly don't think any vets are in immediate danger unless the field of rookie candidates outshines them.  In that case,  I think the ones in danger are the more forgettable veterans like Milan, Jessika, and Selina.  There are other DCCs who don't stand out as much, but they are a really good squad of veterans so there really isn't a clear weak link in my opinion this season!  As for Kelsey, I believe it was said that she was top 10 in finals.  (I may have to rewatch that for confirmation.)

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Teresa said:

What about Kyndall? I would be surprised if she came back again. She's beautiful, but I think her figure is actually too straight and she's too flat chested for the DCC uniform. Plus she obviously can't remember the dances. Then again, memory didn't stop Morgan from making it in Season 8.

IF she does make it back to TC a 3rd time I hope it's not for drama and she gets cut again like they did with Meagan F. That would be mean. It would be nice to see a girl make the team after a 3rd try.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Teresa said:

I just re-watched the team announcement from last season and Kelli gave Kelsey the "We can make her a wow performer..."spiel just like she had previously done for Breelan and Ashley Pro in Season 9. All I can think is yes Kelsey is beautiful but so are Breelan and especially Ashley Pro and they got cut the following year. I have a bad feeling Kelsey is going to be cut this year. I hope I'm wrong. 

If Kelsey gets cut and Yuko stays, i'm gonna start a riot.

i have a question and im not sure if it fits here, but it's kinda about tc so: when do they announce the point girl? When they announce the other group leaders too? I was thinking about it because obviously becoming a group leader is an honor but getting to hear your name for group leader 1 must feel amazing!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

If Kelsey gets cut and Yuko stays, i'm gonna start a riot.

i have a question and im not sure if it fits here, but it's kinda about tc so: when do they announce the point girl? When they announce the other group leaders too? I was thinking about it because obviously becoming a group leader is an honor but getting to hear your name for group leader 1 must feel amazing!

Don't believe they've ever announced it on the show at least. It's usually given to one of the group leaders, not always the most senior of the four. 

Kelsey did struggle a lot during TC, and I think the major reason why she made the team was her looks aka male and fan appeal. She may have a good solo, but in the theme of things, a good solo for a veteran does not mean she will get her spot back. If Kelsey is outdanced and outperformed on the field and did not bring her A++ game to finals, she will be cut. I also think Kelli and Judy were pressured into bringing Kelsey on the team because either one of them were crazy about her. Yes, I know it could be the editing phantom at work trying to make the viewers and fans believe they did not care for her at all, but I still think she is on the fence of making it back.

Yuko could be struggling also. I think she was another one who was brought on the team because she added something special to the team. I think Kelli was happy to bring on the team, but Judy was not happy about it. She could be another veteran on the cutting bubble. I guess we will find out in two weeks.

On April 22, 2017 at 7:44 PM, Oranaiche said:

Lol yeah I know what Jigglypuff is. Just more laughing at the fact that a young adult would make it their Instagram handle.

I know, right? They can get quite creative! 

3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Don't believe they've ever announced it on the show at least. It's usually given to one of the group leaders, not always the most senior of the four. 

Waaait i thought that group leader 1 is always the point? No? I'm wrong? Niice! I'm not sure if they announce the leaders every year on the show but i'm sure i've seen the announcement at least once. And since i thought that group leader 1=point i thought that it was the same announcement.

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Waaait i thought that group leader 1 is always the point? No? I'm wrong? Niice! I'm not sure if they announce the leaders every year on the show but i'm sure i've seen the announcement at least once. And since i thought that group leader 1=point i thought that it was the same announcement.

No. If that were true, Cassie would have been point her last year in Season 7. Thank GOD she wasn't! She was still a HORRIBLE dancer!

• Love 2

Excerpts from prior discussions

On 8/20/2016 at 4:35 PM, pink317 said:

Also, is it true that Jenna and Jenn K will be switching off as the point of the triangle during Thunder all season?

On 8/20/2016 at 7:00 PM, ShellyB said:

4) Judy doesn't struggle with formations. We've had odd numbers some years and even numbers on others. There will always be a point. The adjustments are made in the wider lines.

5) Not sure where the talk of Jenna and Jennifer will be switching point positions started. I suppose it's a possibility. We used to switch formations every game. Now, I think it's a great "ta-daa" moment to see who's at the point. 

On 8/22/2016 at 1:24 PM, DCCFAN71 said:

3. How do you decide each year which DCC will be point, is there a vote? I do like Jenn K., but honestly I would have loved to see Jenna as point, this is her 5th year so she may not get the chance? 

On 8/22/2016 at 8:31 PM, ShellyB said:

3) Judy does the formations according to style, power & technique. Other factors that can come into play are Show Group and seniority.

On 9/14/2016 at 2:58 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Maybe Emma didn't want point? Or they knew she was leaving the next year and wanted someone who's stay for two? @ShellyB do you have any insight?

Holly was a great choice, but was Emma ever offered point? 

On 9/14/2016 at 8:24 PM, ShellyB said:

Lol, again with the point. It's a bigger deal to y'all than us. It's nothing that is offered. Judy sets formations according to height, seniority, showmanship, etc. And also with the flow of the dance and kick line height. 

I can't recall on an episode where the point has been mentioned and I've never heard them talk about it. But, I'm on the other side of things. In my years of cheering, our pregame dances and formations changed every game. So being the point girl wasn't always the same person, and being in a pyramid was brief...we did blocks, circles, X's, files, small groups in pyramids, etc. 

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
On 4/27/2017 at 4:01 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Wow, Shannon looks absolutely amazing!  Too bad she won't be trying out this year.

• Love 4

The one former DCC whose name shall not be mentioned was a group one leader, and she was not the point girl. Whitney I. was point girl in Season 6 and 7, but she was not group one leader, and Crystal was point girl in Season 5, and she was Brooke's assistant group leader.

8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Another possible candidate.

Awww, Caila. Pretty darn front and center for a second year.  She really is stunning when she's at her best. 

Edited by kalibean
Typo
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Awww, Caila. Pretty darn front and center for a second year.  She really is stunning when she's at her best. 

Caila is obviously a beautiful girl, but when I saw this picture I was actually struck by how soft she looked in the middle and in her thigh/leg that's visible. Maybe it's just the way the picture is mounted or something because I don't remember her looking heavy as far back as pre-season in her second year.

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

Caila is obviously a beautiful girl, but when I saw this picture I was actually struck by how soft she looked in the middle and in her thigh/leg that's visible. Maybe it's just the way the picture is mounted or something because I don't remember her looking heavy as far back as pre-season in her second year.

I've never looked before, but you're right. Especially when compared to Erica who's right beside her.

If Brittany Evans had stayed for her fifth year (which I wanted!) she would have been group 1 leader, but she wouldn't have been point, Whitney still would have been point. 

Which snarky comments did Courtney Johnson make? Something strange happened that year that I picked up on and I think it's a weird theory I made up in my mind and I suspect she had something to do with it. 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, Originalroux said:

I think Yuko is part of some cosmic outreach plan so she'll be back

Lol

26 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Haha. The one who scared Kelli  ?.  Or made her uncomfortable. Something like that.

Edited by woodscommaelle
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, Jess14 said:

I disliked her "I'm the hardest working girl in the room" comment, but some people like to hear that type of comment, so I couldn't tell if she was just arrogant or if she thought that's what K&J wanted to hear.

I felt bad for her when they jumped on her back for that statement.  I think it was an honest thing for Emily to say.  That's just how she felt. 

6 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Which snarky comments did Courtney Johnson make? Something strange happened that year that I picked up on and I think it's a weird theory I made up in my mind and I suspect she had something to do with it. 

These are the two instances (that I know of) where some people felt Courtney J had been snarky/was burning her bridges. Some others disagreed and didn't see anything wrong it them. YMMV.

EXAMPLE 1

On 7/30/2016 at 8:50 PM, sunwave said:

court1.thumb.jpeg.a6ed682fffa8ffa9d93844c74019e465.jpeg

On 7/30/2016 JC123 said:

Hmm I know she has every right in the world to be soo annoyed getting cut the same night as team announcement and all that.. but does that hashtag comment seem a little bit snarky to anyone else? 

EXAMPLE 2

This link to Vivian's post may or may not work.

On 7/14/2016 at 5:08 PM, Bailey3606 said:

Vivian releases a statement to her fans regarding her audition plans (lol): 

Hey fb friends, just to clarify any confusion that may be circulating (a few of you have been texting me asking me what is going on) And we all know how small and ironically big the dance world is... I have NOT auditioned for any professional cheerleading teams this year. Upon graduation I decided to take a year off of auditioning & pro cheer to refresh and refocus. I will be pursing other dreams and will keep you updated in my attempts!! 

Peace, Love & Positive Vibes

On 7/20/2016 at 9:03 AM, DCCFAN71 said:

Here is the response from KD to Vivian's audition plans...and a few others:

Kathryn Dunn: You have a better attitude than I would have about this but since no one else is saying this, I will. The fact that they are using your likeness to bait viewers is wrong and, unless you signed a contract for THIS season of Making the Team, it's possibly illegal. Plus, this is on TOP of the fact that they've used editing to create your character to aid to their specific reality television agenda. Did they really not have any other footage of a girl jumping out of her seat from this season? Or did they know that by using you, certain fans would tune in to see "what happens with Vivian next!" It's unfair, and they're taking advantage of you.

Like · Reply · 10 · July 14 at 11:23pm

Courtney Johnson: Exactly what I thought too when I saw it...

Like · Reply · 3 · July 14 at 11:38pm

Vivian Ralena Williams: Thank you Kathryn, it's extremely hard for me to be constantly graceful in this situation and I'm blessed to have friends like you who stick up for me and my character. I love you

vivian.JPG

court2.JPG

• Love 1