Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Borderline obsessed with Ashley Gallagher and hope she makes it.

Sarah bugs me. Nuff said. It's all fine to be proud of your years on the team, but her posts always come off as...showboating? Honestly her style was soooo not DCC and she always looked out of place. If someone auditioned the way she dances they wouldn't make it. 

Exhibit A:

• Love 1

I think Melissa looks loads better this year because she's not 400383 weeks pregnant and then shown post partum. If you've Never had a baby, you basically feel and look like shit for 2-3 months ?

• Love 5

I wonder if all these prep classes with former DCCs are really helpful. Didn't Michelle do Hunter's choreo last year? And that was just dreadful. It seems like Kitty is the only who actually has success in getting girls on the team. 

No offense, but the whole routine was bad. This does not say World Class to me, and I can imagine Judy telling them to stay on the beat, and no all of you are getting wrong.

5 minutes ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

My friend said there were about 200 girl's trying out this year and about half were good enough to get invited to semis.  

That's it?!  It used to be 500-600!

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense, but the whole routine was bad. This does not say World Class to me, and I can imagine Judy telling them to stay on the beat, and no all of you are getting wrong.

Are you talking about the "Loud" routine to that song above? Because I agree. 

Just now, LadyMsJay said:

Are you talking about the "Loud" routine to that song above? Because I agree. 

That's the one! It looks like someone threw the whole routine together at the last minute.

18 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I wonder if all these prep classes with former DCCs are really helpful. Didn't Michelle do Hunter's choreo last year? And that was just dreadful. It seems like Kitty is the only who actually has success in getting girls on the team. 

If you remember from Hunter's interview in the finals, she couldn't name a classic book author.  I think she danced powerfully but probably didn't make it due to her lack of people skills & charisma and general knowledge.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

That's it?!  It used to be 500-600!

I don't know about this. I wouldn't be surprised if they've always had gaps in the numbers to make it seem like more people were auditioning, though I'd have to go back and re-watch seasons 1/2 to count people (maybe when they are sitting in the stadium).

• Love 1

Wow that's a really low turnout. Can't wait to see how cmt spins it this year. It looked so empty.

5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Wow that's a really low turnout. Can't wait to see how cmt spins it this year. It looked so empty.

I know, right? I would think the show's popularity would bring out more girls not less. I wonder why there has been such a drastic drop in auditioning girls. If there were about 200 girls last year and then 150 this year, that is a scary drop of 25% in girls willing to try out. 

I was hoping to see Kylie, Emma,  Royesha, and crabwalker Bethany Ogger this year but I don't think any of these girls returned to try out again this year. ☹️

I don't think having a drop in turnout is a bad thing, the difference could really be all the flops that come but know they don't have a chance. It's also venturing More towards having girls who've tried out before and coming back hoping to make it. I'd rather have few quality auditions that 500-600 and a third of those overweight (by realistic standards, not DCC), no dance experience, etc. 

• Love 4

I dn't like how abrasive Sarah comes across on social media but i do think she was a good DCC and i like watching her perform.  I think several of her solos made it to camp last year! I am like meh about Celinda trying out again but really glad Sarah's sister, Tessa, is! she is absolutely adorable. 

Did our buddy Megan try out again this year? i think that was her name...the young girl who had a meltdown on twitter about not making finals but then came here and apologized for acting immature about it.  i'd like to see how much she's improved in a year. 

Hopefully Brittney Bree Nichole or whatever she goes by tried out again!!!!  yay for Dayton getting out there!! 

I am pretty sure it's under 200 from what i've been hearing...i think that is a scary drop from several years ago BUT i do think they've been fudging the numbers for a while and i do think the show has scared a lot of girls from trying out (the poor dancers, not so serious ones, etc.) so it could be a good thing. but didn't the houston team have like 500 this year or even more? 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

I can't believe she's been trying out for 10 years! I think she mentioned in an interview last year that she does it for fun to stay fit.  Go girl!

I absolutely love her! I follow her on instagram! 

• Love 1

Dayton! ?

I hope it went really well @ShellyB!

And I agree the drop in turn out is more a refinement in quality - most people who turn out would be serious and well-prepared, as they'd know what to expect from the show. This would have to be a good thing if you're a judge... less time wasters!

• Love 1

Ummm...someone please tell me I am wrong...but I just saw Mandy's Voecks Instagram.  She has herself listed as a FORMER Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.  Do we have any insider that knows why or at least can confirm that Mandy is not trying out again... this is crazy...

10 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Ummm...someone please tell me I am wrong...but I just saw Mandy's Voecks Instagram.  She has herself listed as a FORMER Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.  Do we have any insider that knows why or at least can confirm that Mandy is not trying out again... this is crazy...

I have no info, but I do think her IG was private yesterday, now public. I think I remember going there to see a short hair pic that someone mentioned but didn't have access. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Love 1
(edited)

Mandy has been private on Instagram all year and has only gone public sometime in the last 48 hours. She also chopped off her hair. Interesting. I wonder if she was counseled to not try out again for some reason (she did look a hair soft at the calendar shoot, but obviously her body is still amazing). So weird that she went on the calendar shoot and is now seemingly not coming back. I wonder what happened.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4

I thought Mandy looked very soft during Calendar and was hoping she'd get it together for auditions. I guess she's also older, has a business and relationship so may have other things going on.

21 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

See the number jumping is in full effect! 

• Love 1

I'm seeing differently on the stories. It look like two groups of 5x11 on each side to me. 

I agree. When the chairs are empty, I count 11 rows per section. With four sections (two on either side of the stage) that puts it at 220.

DCC Instagram posted a video of a group dancing and my friend is in it!  She's the one on the far right in yellow and white.

This her? She's cute :-)

Capture3.JPG.0e8cf98f6b58ccb1e57959ea827979b5.JPG

I looked at the DCC Instagram and didn't see any dance videos from today.

As far as I know, the only way to view instagram stories online (not on your phone) is to use Chrome and get the special Chrome add-in for Insta stories. If you do that, then go to the top of your feed and click on the DCC icon (you must be following them), then it should show you their stories.

Ok, I watched the first prelim video on DCC cheerleaders Twitter. I believe that as soon as the video starts if you look at the first girl closest to the camera on the left in pink that is Christina. Who was a RC in 2014. Did not make TC in 2015 and did not try out last year.

This one? Her hair looks too bright and too long, I think. Christina's hair just brushes her shoulders. Or at least that's what it looks like on her insta.

Capture10.JPG.0571fb75f8c16ddf08a99d7e638ab8a7.JPG

I don't think I ever realized how close they are to the girls who are watching. I'd be worried someone would jete right into my lap!

Capture9.JPG.e10095e435cd29cff229d9d95289c6d0.JPG

(edited)

I'm counting just under 200 people there, from the insta stories. (Yes, this is sad that I care)

ETA: one side has 11 rows, the other side has about 6

Edited by ilovetrashtv
2 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I agree. When the chairs are empty, I count 11 rows per section. With four sections (two on either side of the stage) that puts it at 220.

This her? She's cute :-)

Capture3.JPG.0e8cf98f6b58ccb1e57959ea827979b5.JPG

As far as I know, the only way to view instagram stories online (not on your phone) is to use Chrome and get the special Chrome add-in for Insta stories. If you do that, then go to the top of your feed and click on the DCC icon (you must be following them), then it should show you their stories.

This one? Her hair looks too bright and too long, I think. Christina's hair just brushes her shoulders. Or at least that's what it looks like on her insta.

I don't think I ever realized how close they are to the girls who are watching. I'd be worried someone would jete right into my lap!

Capture9.JPG.e10095e435cd29cff229d9d95289c6d0.JPG

yes that's my friend!  she didn't make it to semis but she's going to try out for the other local teams.  She's been training with Stephanie DiBiasi.

• Love 3

This the top rated post on Insta if search #DCCaudition , girl named Alise Garcia , she's pretty , from dallas and is the captain of drill team i think she has a good shot 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This is the right video but I should have said the girl in pink SEATED in the first row first chair on the left when the video first starts. Sorry...

3 minutes ago, mmm said:

This the top rated post on Insta if search #DCCaudition , girl named Alise Garcia , she's pretty , from dallas and is the captain of drill team i think she has a good shot 

Actually if you guys look at the numbers on the board they go up to the 400s

1 minute ago, mmm said:

Actually if you guys look at the numbers on the board they go up to the 400s

Yes but look at the board.   It goes from 130 to 201.  There were only about 200 girls there today.  They fudge the numbers for show drama.

• Love 5
Just now, Dallasgirl2004 said:

Yes but look at the board.   It goes from 130 to 201.  There were only about 200 girls there today.  They fudge the numbers for show drama.

how do you know there were only 200 girls ? 

39 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

The hair chopping made me nervous and then adding in former...Latest I've heard is she is not returning unless she changes her mind last minute. 

We are all excited about extra episodes and filming before tryouts but the added drama...well, it may not be a good thing :-/ 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mmm said:

https://www.instagram.com/o_buuurrksss/

This girl Olivia Burke made it to the semis it's on her instastories

She's cute, but her body scares me a little.

1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

This is the right video but I should have said the girl in pink SEATED in the first row first chair on the left when the video first starts. Sorry...

Ok gotcha. Her? Could be... hmmm....

Capture11.JPG

5 minutes ago, Sarah99 said:

Just checked out her Instagram...she's a bit "extra" as the kids say. Just IMO.

I think if you look at her pics today , she looks pretty ripped to me 

I don't understand the number fudging. Do you guys think Shelly would tell us why or nah?

(edited)

I think we should try to be positive bec i am sure some of these girls read the boards. I think she's very pretty she just needs a change of hair style and to maybe get her eyebrows fixed!

Next semi-finalist Brittany Elle

Edited by mmm
  • Love 2

What does #tiredaf mean?

1 minute ago, mmm said:

I think we should try to be positive bec i am sure some of these girls read the boards. I think she's very pretty she just needs a change of hair style and to maybe get her eyebrows fixed!

Brittany Elle semi-finalist 

I'll be positive...there is nothing at all wrong with her hair OR eyebrows.

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What does #tiredaf mean?

Not the girl in this pic we were talking about Olivia a girl her pic is before 

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What does #tiredaf mean?

Tired as (insert f word here)

(edited)
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What does #tiredaf mean?

My students say things are af all the time.  "Mr. E, you be lit af" it means as F***... not the classiest thing to post if you are looking for a shot at being a representative for the brand.  

Edited by Josreason
(edited)

OK fine....NEITHER of them have anything wrong with their hair/eyebrows, they're both very attractive women.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
(edited)

Two other Semi Finalists 

Saundra

And Raven who was ice angel and made to dcc finals before 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 3