Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

Kind of off topic but i love watching gymnastics! All I can really watch is SEC, and I love LSU, but I'd love to see Oklahoma since they're ranked #1

moving to small talk

On 4/1/2017 at 4:43 PM, sleepyjean said:

One more - Kami. Also very pretty. I may have to root for her just for being smart enough to practice the jumpsplit ahead of time. She's also working on her body hardcore. Used to dance for Iowa Energy (NBA D-league) and Iowa Barnstormers (IFL)

I allow myself one girl crush a season. I really hope Kami distinguishes herself during tryouts! Great find!

• Love 3
On 3/26/2017 at 11:37 PM, DancingDina13 said:

Allie still hasn't won me over and I'm still surprised they picked her for the squad honestly. Her figure, the weird non stop blinking she does while talking on camera and weathered look for her age ... well I'm not a fan . Same for the little Heather. I just don't get it . 

i agree.  When Kitty talked to both Allie and Amy during one episode, I thought Allie was terrible at conversation.  Annoying.   Heather H is just not cute.  Great dancer, just not HD friendly. 

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:00 AM, Runnergrl37 said:

When Kitty talked to both Allie and Amy during one episode, I thought Allie was terrible at conversation. 

I feel like Allie answered the question as if she was at a job interview, and Amy answered as if she was just having a conversation with others.  Much more casual.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Sorry if dumb but how do girls who aren't on the team yet able to practice in the DCC studio?

Are you talking about the DCC studio at Valley Ranch? If so, prep classes are held there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Another one to look for. No indication on her dance skills, but she's cute and her fitness is on point.

Very pretty, very fit, camera ready. Needs to make sure she eliminates any pigeon toe/turned in/sickled foot before Kitty gets a hold of her. (Yeah, I can tell from that one pic.) 

• Love 4

Here's the updated list so far from what has been posted and what I can find on instagram :) if you have others, please let me know! Some of these haven't said they are trying out but may have posted a prep video or they tried out last year and I want to see what they do this year

Caitlin Patten @caitlinpatten (P)
Sheridan McDowell @sheridangracemcdowell 
Ally Cheatham @allycheatham (P)
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Cami Branson @camibranson1
Celinda @_celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Hunter Blackwell @hunternblackwell
Madeline West @madeline_west
Kyndall Fuller @kynfuller
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Alex Marin @alexandreamarin
Samantha Fink @finkerbell75
Haleigh Sigwalt @haleighanneee
Demi Broselle @demi_summer (P)
Kathryn Antos @kathrynantos
Belinda Kathryn @belindak04
Macy @macythemermaid 
Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15
Courtney Grandstand @courtneyylaine (twitter-@courtlaine17)
Sarah Stiles @_saranicole
Marina @marina_jo_
Julia Austin @juliaaustin
Bella Bassan @belllabassan 
Chenise Johnson @chenisej
Ashley Gallagher @ashley_gallagher
Saundra Jessie @saundrairene 
Victoria Olsen @victoria_marie2014
Tessa Grace @tesssagracee 
Kenedy Douglas @kenedy.douglas
Mckynna Coconougher @mckynnakc
Taryn Tompkins @taryntompkins
Kali McKelson @kalimckelson
Liz Nguyen @lizzleshizzle1
Savana Christianson @savanaaaa
Brennan @brennanashley
Brittaney Whitley @b_whitleyyy
Tori Skillings @toriskillings
Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle
Kalyssa Singleton @kalyssaokc
Ashley Salaiz @ashley_salaiz
Breana Hobbs @breanahobbs

Twitter:
Marah @_itsMarasworld

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Josreason said:

@dccfan37 Rewatched last year's finals.  Do you think Kylee and Royesha will return? 

Oh man, I swore I had them on my list! I'll update it. I think we will see Royesha again. A lot of us are iffy on Kylee and Emma just because it's clear how much they love DSIG

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Didn't Kelli say something about Kylee's overbite?  I wouldn't return if someone said that about me.

True, but they've said so much worse about other girls, and then those girls come back the next year (e.g. "If I didn't know better I'd think you were a stripper" to Brandi Kilby). I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back regardless.

Maybe unpopular opinion, but when Victoria's time comes for auditions I think she should chop off her hair (Amy L or even Holly length). This just look like a mop she's trying to wring out to dry and it's distracting. She's got a long way to go with Pom/hip hop style dance too. She'll either be underwhelming at auditions or sail through with flying colors potntially due to biased judging.

I just don't see her grasping their style yet while she's still dancing contemporary competitively too. 

• Love 3

I agree with her hair. I'm not a huge fan of it being long. I'm sure there's cuter hairstyles that she can have that'll be cute for whipping during dances lol

21 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Here's the updated list so far from what has been posted and what I can find on instagram :) if you have others, please let me know! Some of these haven't said they are trying out but may have posted a prep video or they tried out last year and I want to see what they do this year

Caitlin Patten @caitlinpatten (P)
Sheridan McDowell @sheridangracemcdowell 
Ally Cheatham @allycheatham (P)
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Cami Branson @camibranson1
Celinda @_celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Hunter Blackwell @hunternblackwell
Madeline West @madeline_west
Kyndall Fuller @kynfuller
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Alex Marin @alexandreamarin
Samantha Fink @finkerbell75
Haleigh Sigwalt @haleighanneee
Demi Broselle @demi_summer (P)
Kathryn Antos @kathrynantos
Belinda Kathryn @belindak04
Macy @macythemermaid 
Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15
Courtney Grandstand @courtneyylaine (twitter-@courtlaine17)
Sarah Stiles @_saranicole
Marina @marina_jo_
Julia Austin @juliaaustin
Bella Bassan @belllabassan 
Chenise Johnson @chenisej
Ashley Gallagher @ashley_gallagher
Saundra Jessie @saundrairene 
Victoria Olsen @victoria_marie2014
Tessa Grace @tesssagracee 
Kenedy Douglas @kenedy.douglas
Mckynna Coconougher @mckynnakc
Taryn Tompkins @taryntompkins
Kali McKelson @kalimckelson
Liz Nguyen @lizzleshizzle1
Savana Christianson @savanaaaa
Brennan @brennanashley
Brittaney Whitley @b_whitleyyy
Tori Skillings @toriskillings
Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle
Kalyssa Singleton @kalyssaokc
Ashley Salaiz @ashley_salaiz
Breana Hobbs @breanahobbs

Twitter:
Marah @_itsMarasworld

I might have skimmed over this girl on your list - Brittney Bree-Nicole? She made it to finals last year and I think she is SO pretty...love her hair style too, just outside the norm for DCC.  She seemed to hint at wanting to try out again this year after not making it to camp but who knows.  She is one of my top pics to come back, I just really liked her!! 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I might have skimmed over this girl on your list - Brittney Bree-Nicole? She made it to finals last year and I think she is SO pretty...love her hair style too, just outside the norm for DCC.  She seemed to hint at wanting to try out again this year after not making it to camp but who knows.  She is one of my top pics to come back, I just really liked her!! 

Gosh she is so pretty!! I'll definitely add her just so we can watch. I feel like none of the AAIA girls have really stuck with it this year whereas you can see how much the DSIG loved it

12 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Gosh she is so pretty!! I'll definitely add her just so we can watch. I feel like none of the AAIA girls have really stuck with it this year whereas you can see how much the DSIG loved it

Right? She is so photogenic.  Also a OTF instructor so you KNOW girl is in great shape!!  IIRC she had some flexibility issues...I think I remember seeing her kicks were not very good last year.  I hope she has worked on it! I think she was a Charger girl at one point too. 

I'm on team brittney - I'm really rooting for her. Before chargers she was on another team in Dallas. I think it was an AFL team. She's also a military wife, if I recall correctly.

Here's another candidate, although I doubt she's a serious contender. She seems all about Houston and went to HTC auditions but didn't get far. She threw a #DCC in one of her posts and I see that she did audition for DCC last year. She comes across more as a "I love to dance at the club" dancer than a technically trained dancer with the ability to master choreo. But hey, you never know.

Edited by sleepyjean

what's with the spaces between each letter on half of these girls instagrams? is this like a trend I don't know about?

17 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Maybe unpopular opinion, but when Victoria's time comes for auditions I think she should chop off her hair (Amy L or even Holly length). This just look like a mop she's trying to wring out to dry and it's distracting. She's got a long way to go with Pom/hip hop style dance too. She'll either be underwhelming at auditions or sail through with flying colors potntially due to biased judging.

I just don't see her grasping their style yet while she's still dancing contemporary competitively too. 

I do see some improvement and since I've been pretty critical of her, I guess it's a huge compliment :P But I do agree that she's more of a contemporary dancer and there are only a few who can go from contemporary to hip hop. For me she's just not a natural, but that doesn't mean she isn't an incredible (contemporary) dancer. Just like you wouldn't judge a ballerina from her pom/hip hop skills, I don't think that saying Victoria isn't a dcc style kind of dancer means she isn't talented in general.

• Love 2
On April 10, 2017 at 2:18 PM, LaurenBrook said:

I think I remember her, but it's her swimsuit that I love. What a nice contast all the cut out, thong-esque bikinis from the recent DCC shoot. This bikini is colorful and classy, form flattering without looking trashy. I'm not saying all the DCC bikinis were bad (Khalyn and Holly's for example). I like this style much more. But because the men buying the DCC calendar probably don't, it doesn't matter what I think, ha ha. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, dccfan37 said:

I think most of the IAs are on that team because they didn't make DCC, DMD or any other teams. 

• Love 1

To be honest about it, I do not think Sofia has the DCC look even if they did a complete makeover. Her behind also looks a little big for the uniform bottom. If they would not take Grace Lee Sells or Katie S. from Season 3 because of their weight and/or shape, they definitely would not take Sofia.

41 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If they didn't like Colby, they're not going to like this girls. She's like the thirstier wannabe Karsashian version of Colby. 

Thirsty is the perfect word. Her hashtags are slaying me, and I don't mean that in a good way. #booty #hottest #namaste

Wat?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Thirsty is the perfect word. Her hashtags are slaying me, and I don't mean that in a good way. #booty #hottest #namaste

Wat?

omg i havent been on this thread since last audition season and I am soooo glad i'm back. Thirsty indeed. #shutup #sideboob #hellno

can i just say i'm so bummed about claire. I think she is gorgeous and funny, wish her insta was public. There is a video Bess posted of the two of them prepping for finals last year and they seemed so hilarious and real.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, SusieG said:

omg i havent been on this thread since last audition season and I am soooo glad i'm back. Thirsty indeed. #shutup #sideboob #hellno

can i just say i'm so bummed about claire. I think she is gorgeous and funny, wish her insta was public. There is a video Bess posted of the two of them prepping for finals last year and they seemed so hilarious and real.

I'm really sad about Claire too. She's been one of my favorites from her class. I thought she was the most photogenic girl in the calendar last year, and I also think she is very quietly a fantastically talented technical dancer. Love her.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I'm really sad about Claire too. She's been one of my favorites from her class. I thought she was the most photogenic girl in the calendar last year, and I also think she is very quietly a fantastically talented technical dancer. Love her.

Anyone know why she's retiring?  A bunch of the vets never disclose or respond to questions on why they're retiring ... not that it's any of our business I know

1 hour ago, iwtv123 said:

Not sure if she has the dcc look. But also, it would be nice to see more than one asian girl on nfl teams. 

She has an odd shaped face, kind of like Cristi (current AAIA) whose auditioning for the DCC again.

28 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She has an odd shaped face, kind of like Cristi (current AAIA) whose auditioning for the DCC again.

She's cute. This sounds weird, but she looks like an Asian Rosie Perez with the diamond shaped face, big cheeks and dimples.

Has Kyndall said anything about coming back?  I know getting cut TWICE just before the team is announced has got to suck (and I wouldn't blame her for not wanting to go through all that again), but I would like to see her make the team.  However, I don't want her to make Training Camp again if she's not going to make the squad but that might be a Kelli/Judy thing, not a Kyndall issue.  I hope she sat down with them at some point and really asked if she ever had a chance to make the team or were they stringing her along for the ratings.  I don't know if they would tell her the entire truth about it, but it might decide her one way or the other.

2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Has Kyndall said anything about coming back?  I know getting cut TWICE just before the team is announced has got to suck (and I wouldn't blame her for not wanting to go through all that again), but I would like to see her make the team.  However, I don't want her to make Training Camp again if she's not going to make the squad but that might be a Kelli/Judy thing, not a Kyndall issue.  I hope she sat down with them at some point and really asked if she ever had a chance to make the team or were they stringing her along for the ratings.  I don't know if they would tell her the entire truth about it, but it might decide her one way or the other.

I would hope that they were honest with her and told her why (even if it was off camera). They told Rachel Buckmaster (don't remember what season) in the nicest way after her 2nd TC cut why.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't think we will see Kyndall as she has accepted the position at the Star. I could be wrong, but that seems to be a pretty nice gig!

Is wasnt a Kyndall fan at all, but I have to admit she has pride and isn't going to let anyone make a fool of her. I appreciate that she isn't as robotic as some of these girls. I doubt if she auditions again. She's not going to give anyone the upper hand in trying in being able to humiliate her on TV. 

On 4/10/2017 at 1:38 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Right? She is so photogenic.  Also a OTF instructor so you KNOW girl is in great shape!!  IIRC she had some flexibility issues...I think I remember seeing her kicks were not very good last year.  I hope she has worked on it! I think she was a Charger girl at one point too. 

17903485_1566442700083529_84657320785119

Here's an interview with her from last fall. She does have some old injuries (see last question) so it could be why she has issues with her kicks.

http://www.prodancecheer.com/?p=13120

Here's a slideshow of her (4/15 was her birthday). She auditioned for the DCC, DMD, and finally the AAIA.

http://www.prodancecheer.com/?p=35696

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I wonder if she plans to audition. Clearly kicks and jump splits will not be a problem!

Happy Easter everyone! Great find @sleepyjean.  This young lady seems to have the complete package.  Her instagram appears to reflect a "good" or "nice" young woman devoted to her family and friends, her flexibility and kicks are obviously amazing, she has a sweet-natured, girl-next-door look, and I really like her dancing -- it is fluid and natural, and also kind of look-at-me without being forced.  I am going to call it now, this young lady will make it into training camp, and very likely onto the team as well  -- if not this year, then soon.   (I hope that doesn't jinx her.)

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1

I'm not convinced on Abby based on that video. She obviously can dance, but her body placement looks awkward to me for a lot of the video, and that always strikes me as not a good thing when I feel that way about a girl because I am NOT a dancer but I still pick up something "off." Maybe it was her first time doing the choreo, so I take it with a grain of salt. It would be like me to say this and then have her show up on MTT and completely blow it out of the water. ?

Conversely, the former Dolphins cheerleader Lauren looks a lot more comfortable and natural doing the same choreography (to me).

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I'm not convinced on Abby based on that video. She obviously can dance, but her body placement looks awkward to me for a lot of the video, and that always strikes me as not a good thing when I feel that way about a girl because I am NOT a dancer but I still pick up something "off." Maybe it was her first time doing the choreo, so I take it with a grain of salt. It would be like me to say this and then have her show up on MTT and completely blow it out of the water. ?

Conversely, the former Dolphins cheerleader Lauren looks a lot more comfortable and natural doing the same choreography (to me).

This. She's 3/4 of the way there. Very pretty, in shape, can kick, but whatever that transition out of the double pirouette was needs some help. Slow double and feet all over the place. Kitty would call her cutesy and that she needs to be more bold/sexy/nasty. I hope she's just learning it and gets more power and works on placement. She wouldn't be a Rangerette if she couldn't do a double, so maybe this is just a really early run. 

• Love 1

Surprisingly a lot of the Kilgore girls don't make it and I think it's because they're so buttoned-up.  Girls like Robin, Rachel and I think Holly H had all been also dancing at UNT before they made DCC which gave them more of a Pom style. 

• Love 1