Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I have to correct something I posted earlier. Apparently between Mia's sisters Eden and Sage, Eden is the older of the two at 20 and Sage is 18. Hard to believe. In the photo below, Eden (left) looks much younger.

In any case, Sage is going to the U. of Oklahoma in the fall, so we won't be seeing her at DCC auditions this year. Eden goes to TCU so maybe she will audition. But something tells me she won't.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, iwtv123 said:

Brennan is trying out again. She's been going to Kitty's classes.

I'm really glad to hear that - I think she is gracious and beautiful and has a great attitude, and will make a wonderful DCC ?

• Love 1

I'm really rooting for Sheridan to make the team this year but she needs to tone down the crazy smile in every dance ???.... she should study Erica Wilkins who has great facials. 

• Love 1

Jennifer, Jessica, Danielle, Melissa, Megan, Amy T, Claire & Jax are not returning. 

Obviously we knew Jennifer, Jessica and Danielle...Megan does not surprise me at all and Melissa I suspected because of her career goals. 

The other three def surprise me though! I really thought Amy T might even move up in the formation and Jax has grown on me SO much.

Claire, we barely knew ye.  :( 

Really glad that Bess is returning though and Amy L.  They fly under the radar so much and are so talented. 

• Love 3
On 3/4/2017 at 10:38 AM, bigskygirl said:

Going to be interesting with eight girls leaving. Seven spots open for Show Group this year (Claire was in Show Group I believe.) Now the million dollar question will be which vets trying out again might be on the chopping block at Finals. I cannot believe tryouts start in two months.

@ShellyB If a vet tells Kelli and Judy they are retiring in February, but she changes her mind, how long does she have to let Kelli and Judy know she was to re-audition again before tryouts start. Also will she be allowed to go on the Calendar Shoot.

That is an interesting question @bigskygirl, "which vets trying out again might be on the chopping block"?

I think that will be a numbers game.  Every year they have cull the herd - so to speak - and I think that they probably do so to some extent, by class (but obviously subject to the talent pool), in order to achieve a somewhat even distribution of women by year, but skewed a little bottom-heavy, or more favorably to the earlier years.  So perhaps in any given year we are looking at 10-14 Rookies, 10-12 of the 2 Year Veterans, 7-9 of the 3 Year Vets, and 4-7 Vets with 4+ years of experience.

Eight women are leaving this year, Jessica and Danielle (5 Year Veterans), Jennifer (4 Year Veteran), Melissa (3 Year Veteran), and Amy T, Claire, Megan, and Jax (all of them 2 Year Vets).  

That leaves reauditioning, by rising Vets status:

Sixteen Rising 2 Year Vets (Current Rookies):

Allie, Cersten, Heather H., Heather O., Jessika, Kelli, Kelsey, Khalyn, Madeline, Maggie, Mandy, Milan, Selina, Tasha, Tess, and Yuko.

Nine Rising 3 Year Vets (Current 2 Years):

Amy L., Chantel, Elizabeth, Holly, KaShara, Raylee, Robin, Simone, and Stephanie  

Two Rising 4 Year Vets (Current 3 Years):

Erica and Lacey

One Rising 5 Year Vet (Current 4 Year):

Jinelle

One Rising 6 Year Vet (Current 5 Year):

Jenna

Based on the information above, I think that the Erica, Jenna, Jinelle, and Lacey, are all safe as that number falls comfortably within the 4-7 target range for vets with 4+ years of experience. 

The current 2 Year Vets have culled themselves with the announced departures of Amy T., Claire, Jax, and Megan.  So I see the remaining group of Amy L., Chantel, Elizabeth, Holly, KaShara, Raylee, Robin, Simone, and Stephanie, making it again as that falls within the predicted range of 7-9 returning 3 Year Vets.  Perhaps one will be cut, at most.

The biggest cuts, in the range of probably 2-4 girls (depending on the new talent), will then certainly come from the current Rookie class of Allie, Cersten, Heather H., Heather O., Jessika, Kelli, Kelsey, Khalyn, Madeline, Maggie, Mandy, Milan, Selina, Tasha, Tess, and Yuko.  If they cut 2-4, then they can take as many as 10-12 new women in the incoming rookie class.  Usually the squad might have 10-12 of the 2 Year Vets, but even with the 2-4 cuts this current class of sixteen will still be stacked heavy for the 2 Year Vets.     

• Love 2

I actually kind of like Milan's look, but I'm leaning towards Allie (looked "square" in the uniform and had only one good pose and Khalyn (love her name, but that's about all I find favorable about her) getting cut.  Tasha and Kelsey MIGHT be in that group, but it all depends on how their year went.  Tasha might be a very good dancer, but my personal thought is that she's using the DCC for her own purposes and is not in it for the overall experience and benefits that so many other girls get out of it.  Kelsey wasn't the strongest dancer and both Judy and Kelli had issues with her going out on appearances.  If she's grown in both areas, then she's likely to come back.  However, I worry that they were so concerned with her being able to go out on appearances that they didn't send her on any, thus preventing growth and experience in that area.

• Love 1

I think Milan will be OK...she seems to have really blossomed this year! I thought she'd look 12 but all the pics of her are beautiful and they seem to put her on a lot of appearances.  She also has a mature voice (that sounds weird but i just expected her to have a baby voice and she doesn't) which helps. I actually expect to see her perhaps get on SG this year. 

I think Khalyn just flies under the radar, she seems to be a very good dancer and performer.  

The one I STILL constantly forget about is jessika!! she is gorgeous but I never remember she is on the squad.  Her and the little heather. 

• Love 3

I think Simone is one of the prettiest girls on the squad but I agree that could be on the bubble because of dance. Of the rookies, Tess never stands out to me, plus I saw a few photos where she looked heavier than when she first auditioned. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

Is Cersten still considering medical school?  Even though she hasn't 'declared' that she's leaving I'm sure they'd let her go if she gets accepted between now and tryouts.

I don't think there is anything they could do to make her stay, but I assume that by this point, she should have a pretty good idea as to whether she has improved her standing enough or if she needs more time.  I don't know if it was an MCAT issue or if she's trying to do a postbac program or something else to better her application. I'm assuming though that she could find out about an acceptance into med school fairly late in the summer if she ended up being waitlisted somewhere and then got in (someone more familiar with med school could shed more light on this, I'm sure). 

There's a lot of this years rookies that I know exist, but always forget about like Jessika, Khalyn and Tess. Probably because they fly under the radar and don't post much on social media.

I *really* hope Khalyn stays.  She seems like a doll and she is SO SO PRETTY.  Would love to see her come back another year so we can get to know her more lol  I also think she will take stunning photos at the calendar shoot. 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

There's a lot of this years rookies that I know exist, but always forget about like Jessika, Khalyn and Tess. Probably because they fly under the radar and don't post much on social media.

I actually think those three are among the prettiest of the DCCs.

• Love 2

I always forget about Jessika and Milan. I love Khalyn. She, Allie, cersten, little heather, and Kelsey are my favorite rookies. 

I worry about Simone but maybe I have nothing to worry about. She seems like she is at risk for dancing. 

I think the second leaders will be robin, holly, kashara and Amy l. I was thinking maybe Bess but I'm not sure she would do a 4th year so maybe they will invest people who maybe will do a 4th year. 

• Love 1

I like rookie Kelli. She appears to feel genuinely honored to be a DCC and just has an exquisite look. I thought it was interesting when, during (I think) last year's training camp, Kelly mentioned she couldn't believe Kelli was on her fourth attempt at making the team since they never even noticed her before.  She had previously made it to finals but never distinguished herself from  the pack until last year.  I hope she'll continue for at least two more years.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Originalroux said:

I like rookie Kelli. She appears to feel genuinely honored to be a DCC and just has an exquisite look. I thought it was interesting when, during (I think) last year's training camp, Kelly mentioned she couldn't believe Kelli was on her fourth attempt at making the team since they never even noticed her before.  She had previously made it to finals but never distinguished herself from  the pack until last year.  I hope she'll continue for at least two more years.

I think Kelli is a great dancer and seems really sweet. She just looks really hard/weathered. It's the combo of the dark tan, overly processed white-blonde hair, thick matte foundations, heavy eyeliner, fake lashes, and super low body fat. Whatever it is, she just looks the opposite of 'fresh-faced and youthful'. I swear, someone needs to tell her that all this extra sh*t she's doing is literally piling the years on. Just put her next to Danielle, for example - aren't they similar ages? I swear if someone said Kelli was Danielle's step-mother, I'd believe it. 

In terms of rookies, despite the above, I do quite like Kelli. I never took any proper notice of her until I saw her dancing the 'Shape of you' choreo a few weeks. I became an instant fan. She has this perky little pop about her dancing that is really fun to watch.

I also really like Khalyn and Jessika. I think they're two that will really come into their own over the next few years (if they stick around). If there's lots of strong Rookie candidates going into finals, I think K&J will get rid of Kelsey faster than a jump split. That or they'll torture her again for no reason other than the fact they don't like her but she refuses to screw up enough for them to justifiably cut her.  

If Allie hasn't found some miraculous way to look less square in uniform, she'll probably be gone. The look Kelli gave her mid-section during fittings could have melted her into an hourglass shape, tbh. It screamed 'how the **** did we let this one within spitting distance of our Precious Uniform'. I think she only made it because K&J were too distracted by Kyndall and Amy's slow implosion (and of course, their fave hobby, Kelsey bashing).

I don't like PotatoPink, either but I reckon she'll be back. She's Texas pretty and just the style of Sydney-vapid that DCC like. 

At this point I have zero opinion on the rest of the Rookies. Except Cersten. She looks like she'd shank you in the back if she could get away with it.  

ps. @EricaShadows what issues did they have sending Kelsey out on appearances?? 

• Love 3
(edited)

I love Kelsey.  I think (and hope) that whatever reservations they may have had about sending her out on appearances has been resolved.  She learned her lesson well the first two tryouts and came well prepared.  She studied the Cowboys organization and I doubt she takes this opportunity for granted.  She seems to have a great personality -- well spoken, funny and down to earth.  I can honestly see her becoming a favorite for sending out on appearances based on those attributes.  I know some aren't wowed by her looks but I think she's stunning.  And even K&J, from what I remember, had to admit she looks great in uniform and was very photogenic.  If she improves on her dancing and memory or ability to learn new dances, I think she'll do fine.  And I doubt she'll not do good on the calendar shoot.  She seems very photogenic.  I think this past year has really helped her.  I don't follow anyone on social media, so I don't see any more videos and whatnot other than what's posted here.  And a sincere THANK YOU for the  people who do.  I hope she comes back strong!  I just love her.  Can't help it.  I hope she's there for a while.  

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 7

@autumdusk, the reason behind my thinking regarding sending Kelsey out on appearances was not only because of her interviews the previous two times she auditioned, but because Kelli and Judy pretty much said that they're afraid to send her out on appearances because they don't know what's going to come out of her mouth (and what nerves are going to do to her).  This despite her really nailing the interview portion this year and them calling her into the office for really random things that didn't seem to have any bearing on whether or not she made the team.  Not only that, they really hammered her on these things, yet she seemed poised, collected and always had an answer despite whatever they threw at her. 

Personally, after what she's been through during Training Camp, I think she'd be amazing at appearance, but one never knows with Kelli and Judy.  IO really hope Kelsey comes back but I guess it depends on how she was treated by Kelli and Judy during the season and if she wants to come back.  We haven't heard she's retiring so she's likely to attempt another go and will probably make it unless her dance hasn't improved as much as it needs to (and there are strong dancers coming up).

• Love 7

I think Kelsey was sent out on one appearance this past season, but I could be wrong. The vets who are retiring are not officially retired until they turn their uniforms in unless they are selected to be All-Stars. I am sure there vets who are sent out on appearances and performances who are leaving the team.

3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

For the vets who have retired--are they officially released or do they have to show up for anything now that it is March?  In other words, are they just "regular" people now?  

No. They're still on contract until auditions.

Someone's probably mentioned it already but Candace Romo is pregnant with her third child, due in September. If I am way late to the party on this one, my apologies.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692922-tony-romos-wife-candice-announces-shes-pregnant-with-couples-3rd-child

Also just saw the Cowboys will be releasing Tony tomorrow:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18854803/dallas-cowboys-release-tony-romo-thursday

So I think Candace may not be back as a judge this spring. I really liked her sense of humor (beep!). 

• Love 6

I wish that they would bring back Candace even though Tony's leaving (WHICH I'M SUPER UPSET ABOUT)

1 minute ago, cgloss said:

So I guess Jenn is a lock for All Star, and maybe Jessica will be one, too, but I can't see it for any of the others.

If Jenn wants to start making babies, she may not want to be an all star. If Jenna decided to retire I would have seen her as one.

20 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Crap, I liked Candace. I hope they hang onto Tony for coaching. His body's shot to hell but he's Cowboys family, y'all.

I agree but he still wants to play.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Crap, I liked Candace. I hope they hang onto Tony for coaching. His body's shot to hell but he's Cowboys family, y'all.

He still wants to play. I don't know why. One good hit and....he'll be in surgery and benched again. ? I really wish he'd come on as a coach. He's a stand up guy no doubt. I love him!

• Love 2

I see the prep class is going on the field tonight for practice. Have they done that in years past? On the show, the TCCs always act like it's their first time dancing on a football field.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHA!! No I just meant there are two people who want to be part of the Cowboys on-field teams that, for different reasons, can't. Or shouldn't.

Ohhh okay! I thought my lack of social media accounts was keeping me in the dark about some scandalous tweeting or pics. 

• Love 1
On 3/11/2017 at 1:51 AM, MrsEVH said:

I thought she was trying out for the GSW dancers.

I'm like 99% sure that's what she's doing. No need to try out for DCC if she's looking to get on GSW dancers. 

Yeah, she has been really upfront about trying out for GSW this year.  I hope she makes it.  I know people are torn on her but I like her - she is such a great performer and NBA dancing is so much more her style. 

• Love 1

I agree, she is really talented at what she does, she has a really aggressive style though which is not really DCC style a lot of the time, but much more suited to NBA style. I really like watching her dance most of the time (sometimes I do feel like it's a little over the top though). 

Just curious though, where is the information from that she wants to try out for the GSW? I have been off social media for a while, I kind of needed a break lol, so I missed a lot! 

Honestly a lot of the videos I've watched on Hunter's Instagram, she's dancing so hard that it almost seems over the top and like a parody to me. She can obviously dance, but I personally think she needs to find a middle ground because she looks out of control a lot of the time. That's just me though and I know we all have different preferences. I'll have to go look for it later, but there was one Michelle Keys routine in particular that a lot of the current DCCs posted that Hunter posted as well, and she just looked crazed to me.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Preity said:

I agree, she is really talented at what she does, she has a really aggressive style though which is not really DCC style a lot of the time, but much more suited to NBA style. I really like watching her dance most of the time (sometimes I do feel like it's a little over the top though). 

Just curious though, where is the information from that she wants to try out for the GSW? I have been off social media for a while, I kind of needed a break lol, so I missed a lot! 

I can't remember now if it was on IG, twitter or snapchat LOL but she did specifically say she was trying out for GSW.  Maybe she hashtagged it or mentioned it in a Live IG video.  And who knows, plans could change, but she put it out there for now anyway.  

8 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Honestly a lot of the videos I've watched on Hunter's Instagram, she's dancing so hard that it almost seems over the top and like a parody to me. She can obviously dance, but I personally think she needs to find a middle ground because she looks out of control a lot of the time. That's just me though and I know we all have different preferences. I'll have to go look for it later, but there was one Michelle Keys routine in particular that a lot of the current DCCs posted that Hunter posted as well, and she just looked crazed to me.

I agree. And I think she knows it too. A while ago she posted a dance vid and the caption said something along the lines of 'trying to do the whole less is more thing'. But yeah she needs to stick to NBA dancing. Or the Cowboys RNB dancers! 

• Love 1
On March 1, 2017 at 3:33 PM, ATLGirl said:

WOW! They must really like her if she was allowed ro take her boots with her. I can't think of another TCC they would have let do that. I think she'd be the only TCC besides Megan F. to return a third time if she succeeds this year. Do you think Kat will try out again?

Ugh Meagan F. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of her passing. :(

On March 2, 2017 at 10:56 AM, MrsEVH said:

IF she does it for a 3rd time and makes TC, I hope she doesn't have the same attitude  Meagan F ( God rest her soul)  had thinking she was entitled to it. IF she somehow makes the squad, it would be a first for MTT.

I don't think Meagan thought she was entitled to it. She just wanted to know why they brought her into training camp a 3rd time and then cut her.

• Love 6

Favorite Meagan F. Memory: When they profiled her breaking her jaw bull riding. God rest her soul.

For this year's returning vets, I'm most pleased to see Kelsey, KaShara, Robin, Jinelle, Erica, Heather H., Madeline, Maggie, and HOLLY. Love me some Holly P!

I don't get the Tasha hate. I feel like she's sooo perfect it's why people dislike her. I rewatched all of S11 yesterday. Thank you, Kelli for FINALLY pointing out everyone does that damn arm over the head pose for cameos.

I hope Kelsey is not on the bubble. She really owned her deficits and clearly worked hard for her spot and to maintain her position. I love her on Instagram.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

OMG that teared me up!! THAT, folks, is how it's DONE! Thanks for sharing.

P.S. I am now officially not excusing Judy's lack of demonstrative technique teaching!! GET UP AND DANCE, JUDES!

omg totally love that!  FIERCE!!

• Love 1

Love the video and the mother seems to be having fun.  I wonder why Judy doesn't actually get up and do anything besides scream at them.  At least Kitty does more than the screaming.  She at least sketches out things physically even if she doesn't do it full out.

• Love 2