Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

I'm curious - for everyone who thinks Lacey should've been selected for point, why would K&J pass her over if she's so obviously the better choice? I'm not trying to put down Lacey's abilities; but to put Kashara down as only the 'backup' is insulting not only to Kashara but also to K&J's judgement. They could've moved Lacey to point, they chose not to. I think everyone has different criteria for assessing which dancer should be (deserves to be?) point, but the only criteria that matters is K&J's. So by that definition, Kashara is not a 'backup.'  By virtue of being chosen by K&J, she should be/is the right person for point right now.

Simply sharing our opinions, but I just don't see the hype over Kashara going from not being on show group, to leader and point within a year. Her kicks are crap and she's up and down with her weight since rookie year IMO. People like her because she's charming and has a good personality. I think favoritism or those factors played into her getting point more than dance ability. She's cute and all, but I don't look at her when watching the performance. If calling someone "backup" is insulting then you might not want to read what others post about the girls. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Holly posted these pictures on her Insta Story. I really hope she doesn't read this thread and the awful things that have been said about her mom recently

Resized_Screenshot_20171002-151801.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20171002-151803.jpg

If she were to see comments made here I hardly think she'd be surprised. Hurt, maybe. Disgusted, probably. Pissed off, definitely  Unfortunately though, this is what happens when you live your life on social media and appear on reality tv.  She's an incredible dancer, but she's also a showboat, and she has no qualm's about using social media to her advantage by promoting her choreo business, strategically showing her big expensive trinkets or little girl cleavage. Or even when she uses it to throw shade at former employers and friends with passive aggressive posts. The internet isn't all kitten farts and rainbows and you can't just use it to your advantage and avoid getting bit.   

I will say, the comments about her mom, IMO are unwarranted. Her mom wasn't on the show and we've never even seen her interact with Holly, so I don't get where that hate comes from.  Holly screwed up enough on her own, she didn't need momma's help for that.

As for Jenna, she screwed up. Alot. But I'd like to think she had an epiphany and realized she had one boot out the door and the other on a banana peel, so she better figure out what was important to her. She took the discipline like a grown woman, apologized to her teammates and did what was asked of her.  There's no embarrassment in realizing you need to 'self check' as Holly said. 

What's ironic is that it appears that Jenna did check herself, while Holly just turned chicken and checked out.

• Love 19

People don't want to accept that Holly screwed up. Blame her mom. Blame Jenna. Blame Zeke. Blame society. NO BLAME HOLLY.

Just bc somebody acknowledges you liked their Instagram doesn't mean you are besties or they are good people. Holly is about Holly.

She is nice to whoever helps her reach her goals. Fans, bosses daughter, owners daughter, best girls on team. She is fake.

Part of the reason Kelli and Charlotte are mad is bc Holly suckered in their daughters and was in their homes. 

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, Java said:

If she were to see comments made here I hardly think she'd be surprised. Hurt, maybe. Disgusted, probably. Pissed off, definitely  Unfortunately though, this is what happens when you live your life on social media and appear on reality tv.  She's an incredible dancer, but she's also a showboat, and she has no qualm's about using social media to her advantage by promoting her choreo business, strategically showing her big expensive trinkets or little girl cleavage. Or even when she uses it to throw shade at former employers and friends with passive aggressive posts. The internet isn't all kitten farts and rainbows and you can't just use it to your advantage and avoid getting bit.   

I will say, the comments about her mom, IMO are unwarranted. Her mom wasn't on the show and we've never even seen her interact with Holly, so I don't get where that hate comes from.  Holly screwed up enough on her own, she didn't need momma's help for that.

As for Jenna, she screwed up. Alot. But I'd like to think she had an epiphany and realized she had one boot out the door and the other on a banana peel, so she better figure out what was important to her. She took the discipline like a grown woman, apologized to her teammates and did what was asked of her.  There's no embarrassment in realizing you need to 'self check' as Holly said. 

What's ironic is that it appears that Jenna did check herself, while Holly just turned chicken and checked out.

Kitten farts ?

And yes, I totally agree. If you live in the spotlight, you are putting yourself out there for people to pick you apart. But, as you said, to go after her mom is a little low. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

People don't want to accept that Holly screwed up. Blame her mom. Blame Jenna. Blame Zeke. Blame society. NO BLAME HOLLY.

Just bc somebody acknowledges you liked their Instagram doesn't mean you are besties or they are good people. Holly is about Holly.

She is nice to whoever helps her reach her goals. Fans, bosses daughter, owners daughter, best girls on team. She is fake.

Part of the reason Kelli and Charlotte are mad is bc Holly suckered in their daughters and was in their homes. 

OMG FINALLY...was waiting to blow ...amen someone finally posted it !  You are fabulous :) 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Java said:

The brackets isn’t real (just like the LV bag).  It’s a fake (you can see that in the photo).  This was posted by her today for you all to think she comes from money...but this isn’t true.   

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Maybe Holly will audition for the KCC Cheerleaders next year.

Holly still is announcing and advertising she is a DCC in order to make money and book classes.  Is this legal?      On a side note being a KC girl would be beneath her, but she would think she would rule there 

8EC74F55-ED6D-4937-A1BB-FA4DD6D271B0.jpeg

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Is it a Cartier?  Fancy indeed!

Fake 

9 minutes ago, Charla said:

Holly still is announcing and advertising she is a DCC in order to make money and book classes.  Is this legal?      On a side note being a KC girl would be beneath her, but she would think she would rule there 

8EC74F55-ED6D-4937-A1BB-FA4DD6D271B0.jpeg

Fake 

No S on that cowboy!  ?

• Love 7

I wonder if this would hold up for a lawsuit or is even worth it? Cowboys wouldn’t lose anything either way, but as a former boss I’d be annoyed. I guess if JennK and other alumni can use it to promote themselves, she can too technically. It’s just kind of trashy to do it when America knows you didn’t leave on good terms (and you can’t even spell it right). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

+1!!!!

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I wonder if this would hold up for a lawsuit or is even worth it? Cowboys wouldn’t lose anything either way, but as a former boss I’d be annoyed. I guess if JennK and other alumni can use it to promote themselves, she can too technically. It’s just kind of trashy to do it when America knows you didn’t leave on good terms (and you can’t even spell it right). 

I think that it’s still close enough it’s not appropriate.  If it can be used to self promote and generate revenue it should say former. As far as the spelling keep in mind she didn’t finish high school.  She dropped out her sophomore year.  She obviously isn’t in college   

Edited by Charla
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

My prediction is she goes out for the Chiefs for the sole purpose of making pro-bowl so she can shade the shizzle out of her former NFL employer.

My prediction is no other sports teams will touch her given her terrible reputation.  

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Charla said:

I think that it’s still close enough it’s not appropriate.  If it can be used to self promote and generate revenue it should say former. As far as the spelling keep in mind she didn’t finish high school.  She dropped out her sophomore year.  She obviously isn’t in college   

Where did you hear that? It’s required to have a High school diploma or GED.  She claimed to be a sophomore in college with online classes..

Highly doubt she’ll audition for another NFL team, and if she did they wouldn’t take her. Kelli and Judy get recommendations or some sort of letter from NFL girls that audition for them, I’d imagine like any employer they’d do the same

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Maybe Holly will audition for the KCC Cheerleaders next year.

6 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Holly posted these pictures on her Insta Story. I really hope she doesn't read this thread and the awful things that have been said about her mom recently

Resized_Screenshot_20171002-151801.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20171002-151803.jpg

Is that a Cartier love bracelet ?  ... which retails several thousands $$ ( http://www.cartier.com/en-us/collections/jewelry/jewelry-selections/yellow-gold-jewelry-for-men/b6035517-love-bracelet.html )

8 hours ago, Charla said:

The team is still holding it out to the public that Holly is a DCC too. She still has a twitter account that they control and apparently refuse to release, and everyone involved with team who has made public comments of some sort (Kelli on twitter, Shelly here) has refused to confirm that she has left the team. I actually don’t blame Holly on this one for now. Hard for the DCCs to argue that the brand is being tarred by a former cheerleader pretending to be current when they’re doing the same thing.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

The team is still holding it out to the public that Holly is a DCC too. She still has a twitter account that they control and apparently refuse to release, and everyone involved with team who has made public comments of some sort (Kelli on twitter, Shelly here) has refused to confirm that she has left the team. I actually don’t blame Holly on this one for now. Hard for the DCCs to argue that the brand is being tarred by a former cheerleader pretending to be current when they’re doing the same thing.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out after this week.  Based on timeline this should be her last week as they head to Canton she was gone by then .

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Do other teams care about fraternization, or would they rather like to pick up a former DCC?

She is a Chiefs legacy and thinks it should be handed to her on a platter .

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Do other teams care about fraternization, or would they rather like to pick up a former DCC?

I don't know, but I bet they care about whether a girl can follow the rules or not.  Holly's immature, entitled attitude isn't going to be acceptable to many -- and yes, she's good, but there's no shortage of great dancers in this world, and many of those have a decent attitude (and let's be honest, a better figure than Holly--she doesn't have the prettiest shape).  She's burned more bridges than just the DCC.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

I'm curious - for everyone who thinks Lacey should've been selected for point, why would K&J pass her over if she's so obviously the better choice? I'm not trying to put down Lacey's abilities; but to put Kashara down as only the 'backup' is insulting not only to Kashara but also to K&J's judgement. They could've moved Lacey to point, they chose not to. I think everyone has different criteria for assessing which dancer should be (deserves to be?) point, but the only criteria that matters is K&J's. So by that definition, Kashara is not a 'backup.'  By virtue of being chosen by K&J, she should be/is the right person for point right now.

I'm curious too. She's obviously a great dancer and has seniority, but I just think KaShara has a bit more "pop." She's a little more sassy, even as a less technical dancer. Lacey is my favorite, but I'm sure there was a reason.

10 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

THAT PART!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, rungirl said:

I don't get the resounding lack of empathy where Jenna is concerned.  I was indifferent to Jenna prior to last week - she was just always ok to me.  But seeing how she's been viewed on this forum, combined with my own experience in college (I was in a somewhat similar situation in my sorority), has made me see Jenna in a different light.  There have been very long posts written empathizing with Holly, she's young, give her a chance, etc....and then in the same post the writer will claim that Jenna is fake & deserves no grace.  On last Thursday's episode, Jenna was visibly upset, wearing absolutely no makeup and clearly had been crying prior to being called into K&J's office.  Furthermore, we are seeing a heavily edited show, and it is quite possible Jenna was asked all the same questions as Holly.  We all remember the Training Camp Candidate from a few seasons ago (Amy?) with all the "yes ma'am" responses in K&J's office.  Then the TCC's sister vehemently denied the show's portrayal of the conversation via a Facebook post.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the difference in how Jenna and Holly have been viewed has been startling.

I totally agree. I may have expressed my opinions differently but that is the exact point I was trying to make. Everyone is so quick to throw Jenna under the bus and deem Holly as the victim. Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions but I have ALWAYS been one on these boards to have empathy for both Jenna and Holly. I mean how can I take sides when we will never know the entire story only what CMT chooses to show. I have a daughter who was bullied all through school so trust me I understand your point completely. My opinion was not to blame Jenna in anyway. I only wanted to point out that if Jenna was called into the office for fraternizing then I would think that they would not have edited it (because they did not edit Holly's fraternizing discussion) but who knows...anything is possible with "Reality" tv. 

• Love 2

They just didn't have a good option this year as point.  Lacey is great, but she's not known for her power as a dancer; Kashara is a bit heavy and decent as a dancer, but not amazing.  Jenna has that ugly scar and her short neck (plus, her attitude doesn't make her very popular with the team). It should have been Holly, but she's a bit chunky and, of course, gone from the squad (not to mention having a terrible attitude).  Hopefully one of the new girls this year will evolve into a decent point.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

THIS IS EVERYTHING!!!

5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Kashara is no backup, because they did choose her as point. Anyone else is back up no matter what we think. 

Agreed. Just to be clear. I never called her a back-up that was another poster. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Just to be clear, I blame Holly and her mother, who spoiled her rotten and taught her that he shit doesn't stink.  That woman ruined the career of someone who could have been something in the dance world.  

• Love 1

I'm not the poster who made this point originally, but I see Kashara as a backup point because at least for HOF Jenna was going to be point. And she was point at Oxnard. It seems to me they clearly were going with Jenna and then The Incident happened. That said, I'm OK with them choosing Kashara over Lacey because she's a more spunky dancer, something I thought was missing when Jenn K was point.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I'm not the poster who made this point originally, but I see Kashara as a backup point because at least for HOF Jenna was going to be point. And she was point at Oxnard. It seems to me they clearly were going with Jenna and then The Incident happened. That said, I'm OK with them choosing Kashara over Lacey because she's a more spunky dancer, something I thought was missing when Jenn K was point.

Exactly. And yes, Jenna was definitely going to be point.

• Love 4

The reason that I said that Lacey would be a better choice than Kashara (my opinion) has more to do with than dancing. The point person gets a ton more camera and speaking opportunities, I mean last season JennK was in the spot light all the time, speaking engagements, choreography, dancing etc. JennK is very smart and very well spoken and I think she is a talented dancer but agree with you cgloss she did not have the spunk/sass.  With all of that said, Kashara is a strong dancer but when she speaks I have to hit the rewind button a few times or turn on the closed captions just to understand her. Sorry if my opinion offends anyone, it was not intended. 

• Love 4

It’s not like Kashara is the first point girl that people have disagreed with. I remember that lots of people on the board didn’t want Jenn K to be point. Some people thought Emma should have been point over Holly H. If Jenna were still point, there would people saying that they don’t think she should be point because they’re over her and don’t like her scar. If it was Lacey, some people would say she’s too lyrical. If it was Holly, some people would say she’s too extra and shouldn’t be point. It would just be just as acceptable for people to not think any of those 3 should be point, as it is for people to think Kashara shouldn’t be. People are allowed to have opinions,  and no one has to defer to Kelli and Judy in expressing such opinions.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

The reason that I said that Lacey would be a better choice than Kashara (my opinion) has more to do with than dancing. The point person gets a ton more camera and speaking opportunities, I mean last season JennK was in the spot light all the time, speaking engagements, choreography, dancing etc. JennK is very smart and very well spoken and I think she is a talented dancer but agree with you cgloss she did not have the spunk/sass.  With all of that said, Kashara is a strong dancer but when she speaks I have to hit the rewind button a few times or turn on the closed captions just to understand her. Sorry if my opinion offends anyone, it was not intended. 

Not always. Jenn K had a lot of speaking opportunities before she was point. She led choreo before she was point too. Jessica was a great spokesperson as well but she was never point. Point just makes you the "face" for the performance, but as far as speaking engagements and so forth, those are given to those with those strengths..not just because of their position in the triangle.

• Love 2
Just now, LadyMsJay said:

Not always. Jenn K had a lot of speaking opportunities before she was point. She led choreo before she was point too. Jessica was a great spokesperson as well but she was never point. Point just makes you the "face" for the performance, but as far as speaking engagements and so forth, those are given to those with those strengths..not just because of their position in the triangle.

I see your point. There are/were several well spoken DCC on the squad. Still, JennK was like always in the spotlight. I love Jessica and IMO they did not give Jessica her chance to really shine until later in her DCC career. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

It’s not like Kashara is the first point girl that people have disagreed with. I remember that lots of people on the board didn’t want Jenn K to be point. Some people thought Emma should have been point over Holly H. If Jenna were still point, there would people saying that they don’t think she should be point because they’re over her and don’t like her scar. If it was Lacey, some people would say she’s too lyrical. If it was Holly, some people would say she’s too extra and shouldn’t be point. It would just be just as acceptable for people to not think any of those 3 should be point, as it is for people to think Kashara shouldn’t be. People are allowed to have opinions,  and no one has to defer to Kelli and Judy in expressing such opinions.

Let the church say..Amen!!! lolol

• Love 3
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The canvas doesn't appear to be cut very well. The pattern on an authentic Lou bag will always be perfectly symmetrical. You can see that the pattern on either side of the (too light) strap is very uneven.

THIS.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Holly = I love my mom but LOOK AT MY LV and RACK.  MY BRACELET ITS FANCY but my nails are homemade. STFU.

That post was done absolutely so she could show off her $5,000 bracelet. Wow- I used to really like her, but she is just as bad as the Kardashians now. 

• Love 8
Just now, DWNYC said:

That post was done absolutely so she could show off her $5,000 bracelet. Wow- I used to really like her, but she is just as bad as the Kardashians now. 

I thought I was the only one who felt that way. The story was to show off the bracelet. Then the still photo was just to emphasize the bracelet in case you missed it in the video. LOL.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, DWNYC said:

I doubt that bracelet is the real deal.  Cartier brand Love Bracelets fit your wrist like a glove.  A real Cartier bracelet wouldn't have all of that extra space between the bracelet and wrist.

13 hours ago, lfedncr said:

OMG FINALLY...was waiting to blow ...amen someone finally posted it !  You are fabulous :) 

Thanks, me too.  I see this as a big problem with many in the World today, accountability.  You are responsible for YOU, tired of seeing people blaming others for everything that happens to them.  Own it, learn from it, apologize for it, move on! 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Oh god I sure hope she is not going to audition for them next ...

I moved from KC to Dallas in May, and went ahead and bought Chiefs season tickets.  The Chiefs Cheerleaders are a mess, and could definitely use someone of Holly's dance ability.  What I think they need more than dancers, though, is a solid choreographer.  There are several thick girls are the squad and I like their uniforms, but the routines are a disaster that make the women look less talented than they really are.  If Holly gets an opportunity to help coach or choreograph thanks to her mom's connections, she should snap that right up.

LV and Cartier are the most heavily countereited prestige brands out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had a real piece or two.  Both seem like appropriate graduation type gifts for an affluent family.  Her pics of them are tacky as hell though, whether they be real or faux.  

I think Holly is floundering a bit.  She didn't get on SYTYCD, she let poor decisions get in the way of the DCC, etc.  So what's next?  I hope she just goes after the college experience like Breelan did.  Just check into a small college town somewhere, enjoy life, keep dancing, etc.  She still has a lot of growing up to do.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

I moved from KC to Dallas in May, and went ahead and bought Chiefs season tickets.  The Chiefs Cheerleaders are a mess, and could definitely use someone of Holly's dance ability.  What I think they need more than dancers, though, is a solid choreographer.  There are several thick girls are the squad and I like their uniforms, but the routines are a disaster that make the women look less talented than they really are.  If Holly gets an opportunity to help coach or choreograph thanks to her mom's connections, she should snap that right up.

LV and Cartier are the most heavily countereited prestige brands out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had a real piece or two.  Both seem like appropriate graduation type gifts for an affluent family.  Her pics of them are tacky as hell though, whether they be real or faux.  

I think Holly is floundering a bit.  She didn't get on SYTYCD, she let poor decisions get in the way of the DCC, etc.  So what's next?  I hope she just goes after the college experience like Breelan did.  Just check into a small college town somewhere, enjoy life, keep dancing, etc.  She still has a lot of growing up to do.

Where did Breelan end up?

12 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I 100% agree. She would probably see dancing on a college team as a downgrade, but I think she would be best served by going to college somewhere, living the undergrad life (IMO, the best and carefree time you’ll ever have), and dancing there. I know several people have mentioned before that she should go to LA or NYC, but I don’t know. If she can’t keep her shit together in Dallas, not sure she’ll fare better there. Every team, every job has rules.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Yeah, Holly, you're mom is great -- she destroyed your best shot at having a great dancing career!

How do we know her mom had anything to with it?  I didn’t see it on the show nor on her social media.  Just curious?  The mom angle has me lost. 

• Love 12
On 02/10/2017 at 0:39 AM, lfedncr said:

Can we say “Marking the routine “ class 101

Yikes, esp the last 10 seconds or so...who is the blond, front row, second in from the right when it ends?

• Love 2