Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I think Holly might've been taking another jab at Jenna with the keep your "go to on your right side." comment. First with the smirk emoji - as in her "go to" is no longer on her right side anymore.  And I wonder if prior to her departure, the team had practiced with Jenna at point and Holly to her right?  What this all proves is that I have cabin fever and need to get out of this house! Sending my thoughts to anyone else in Harvey's path.  

1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I was looking at DCC photos over on the Cowboys website and I noticed that during the National Anthem the cheerleaders have their poms in their left hand and their right hand on their hearts.  It made me wonder if the international DCC such as Jinelle and Yuko are also required to put their hands over their hearts or if only American DCC do.  If I were the citizen of another country, I think I would feel uncomfortable doing that.  I'd stand, of course, to show respect, but keep both hands at my sides.

I looked at that was wondering -- I am assuming not all that much thinking went into it outside of "You are a cheerleader and this is what you have to do", but it is weird to have non-citizens do that.

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think the biggest mystery is why Erica isn't posting about Jenna anymore (and vice versa). Those were truly bffs and posted about each other all the time, but now Erica is all #teamholly, so the rumors about Jenna are probably true. Not that this excuses Holly's behavior, but I think that the first time you truly see a backstabber getting what they want at your expense hurts so much and at her age, it's really difficult to handle. Problem is, previous generations didn't have social media to capture all their stupid mistakes and overblown reactions. 

The Jenna Bus rumors could be true, or maybe Erica is just petty enough to run to the other cut/dismissed/quit girl, and leave Jenna in the dust. Erica has more in common now with Holly.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I really really really want someone to respond to it with something like this. Girl needs a reality check. Exit gracefully, no one did you wrong. You did YOU wrong. 

I was tempted to, even typed it out, but then changed my mind. When her exit is shown and she goes into damage control mode all over social media about it, I don't want to be blocked, lol. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Her ego is the size of Texas. Insert Tyra 'we were rooting for you' gif here. Disappointed. 

Holy crap - so she is pretty salty over what happened it seems.   So what is the prevailing theory on here about what happened? - busted drinking w/ players and she didn't like her punishment (no HOF game) and quit?   Sure seems from this post she feels she was treated unfairly.   Now I'm very interested to see/find out what really happened. 

The good news for Holly is...she's only 20, as long as she has no criminal records she should be just fine.  She's going to enter the workforce as an entry level employee and "most" employers really don't expect much from 20 year olds/entry level employees other than:  here are the rules....we reserve the right to terminate you if you do not follow the rules.  I'm sure she'll figure it all out eventually, as most people do.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I was looking at DCC photos over on the Cowboys website and I noticed that during the National Anthem the cheerleaders have their poms in their left hand and their right hand on their hearts.  It made me wonder if the international DCC such as Jinelle and Yuko are also required to put their hands over their hearts or if only American DCC do.  If I were the citizen of another country, I think I would feel uncomfortable doing that.  I'd stand, of course, to show respect, but keep both hands at my sides.

Putting hand over heart indeed would be inappropriate for a non-citizen for the pledge of allegiance, since that could be viewed as a renouncement of their own country.

But for the anthem, hand over heart is more a sign of respect than an oath of allegiance. In fact, it has been only fairly recently that the etiquette has been to have hand over heart. When I grew up in school, it was hands respectfully at side for the anthem and right hand over the heart only for the pledge. Heck, I remember when it was a miracle when folks at athletic events actually stopped drinking beer and/or walking to their seats during the anthem. 

• Love 1

I'm sure they will present whatever happened in the best light possible for the organization. Also, since Jenna is the one who stayed and continues to be in a prominent position, they will paint the situation in a better light for her. I'm sure we'll know some of what they got in trouble for (I would expect they will focus more on the drinking angle as opposed to dating players), and then we'll hear about how Jenna took her punishment and Holly refused to. Therefore, I doubt we will see that she threw Holly under the bus, even if she did. 

I will say though, Holly  kind of strikes me as the type of person who would think that Jenna (or anyone else) refusing to take the fall FOR her equals the throwing her under the bus. 

All of this will be funny if the Jenna/Holly stuff has nothing to do with the club appearance/drinking/dating players, and if instead, something that none of us guessed. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I will say though, Holly  kind of strikes me as the type of person who would think that Jenna (or anyone else) refusing to take the fall FOR her equals the throwing her under the bus. 

All of this will be funny if the Jenna/Holly stuff has nothing to do with the club appearance/drinking/dating players, and if instead, something that none of us guessed. 

All of the recent Holly twitter stuff does point to SOMETHING happening, and that her exit wasn't simply the result of some fab new opportunity.

• Love 4

Holly left after getting in trouble for being with the players and under age drinking in a club.  She quit because there were other pictures and a video of her (from another time) that she knew was going to get to K&J.  She quit before K&J saw the other pictures because she knew K&J would ask her to leave when they saw the other pictures and video.

• Love 3

I wonder how many former DCC are so glad that there was no social media when they were on the squad:)  Of course, I am so glad it wasn't around when I was in high school.  Just living in a small town was enough:/

• Love 11

In looking at the pair: Holly and Jenna, it would seem to me that Holly would be the leader in that pairing. From what I've seen, Jenna was pretty much the epitome of the DCC girl until the last year or so.  And from what several have posted here, from her Rookie year Holly has been a rebel on the squad, being sanctioned for different behaviors. So in the last year or so, especially since Jenna's Rookie mates retired, Jenna's been posting more glam photos, more look-at-me photos and hanging out with look-at-me Holly.  Who was the influence on whom?

If Jenna and Holly were out drinking, Jenna is legal to do so; Holly is the one underage. When the football players were there, do we really think rebel Holly was the one urging Jenna to leave, or was previously DCC poster girl the one urging Rookie Rebel Holly to leave...?  Was anyone urging the other to leave?  Holly is a leader, a strong personality, and I think Holly does what she wants.

I don't know the answer. I'm just speculating on what we've known of Jenna for 5 years and what we've known of Holly for 2. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Jenna as the one who threw Holly under the bus. JMO!

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, kary said:

Holly left after getting in trouble for being with the players and under age drinking in a club.  She quit because there were other pictures and a video of her (from another time) that she knew was going to get to K&J.  She quit before K&J saw the other pictures because she knew K&J would ask her to leave when they saw the other pictures and video.

Please, please, pretty please with sugar on top...expand on this. Has Kelli seen the video and pics since Holly left? Who had these pics and videos? 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

All of the recent Holly twitter stuff does point to SOMETHING happening, and that her exit wasn't simply the result of some fab new opportunity.

Oh for sure. I'm not one who thinks that Holly left because she got another dance job that was just too good to pass up. No doubt that Holly would've let us know through social media by now if that was the case. I was just wondering if there was a different type of rule-breaking that they had engaged in that really caused her to quit/get in trouble. 

Interesting about the Holly pictures/videos....if true, that's new information. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

So on another note- who are the group leaders? I'd dance in Jinelle's group any day! 

Group leaders where announced in July

Jenna, Amy L second

Jinelle, Bess second

Lacey, Robin second

Kashara, Heather second.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

In looking at the pair: Holly and Jenna, it would seem to me that Holly would be the leader in that pairing. From what I've seen, Jenna was pretty much the epitome of the DCC girl until the last year or so.  And from what several have posted here, from her Rookie year Holly has been a rebel on the squad, being sanctioned for different behaviors. So in the last year or so, especially since Jenna's Rookie mates retired, Jenna's been posting more glam photos, more look-at-me photos and hanging out with look-at-me Holly.  Who was the influence on whom?

If Jenna and Holly were out drinking, Jenna is legal to do so; Holly is the one underage. When the football players were there, do we really think rebel Holly was the one urging Jenna to leave, or was previously DCC poster girl the one urging Rookie Rebel Holly to leave...?  Was anyone urging the other to leave?  Holly is a leader, a strong personality, and I think Holly does what she wants.

I don't know the answer. I'm just speculating on what we've known of Jenna for 5 years and what we've known of Holly for 2. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Jenna as the one who threw Holly under the bus. JMO!

I might buy this scenario IF Jenna wasn't busted with Dak last year. It doesn't seem so much that Jenna's bahvior has changed over the years, just that as she became for visible, so has her behavior.

I mean, Paige was basically living with a player of a year and no one knew. But Paige also wasn't a group leader or point or show group or otherwise super visible. Point being, I think lots of these girls can do this stuff and just fly under the radar -- so I don't think Jenna was just suddenly corrupted.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I think the whole problem with the group is the choreography. Some of it reminds me of 80s high impact aerobics.

Well, in their defense, it at least matches that God-awful song :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I might buy this scenario IF Jenna wasn't busted with Dak last year. It doesn't seem so much that Jenna's bahvior has changed over the years, just that as she became for visible, so has her behavior.

I mean, Paige was basically living with a player of a year and no one knew. But Paige also wasn't a group leader or point or show group or otherwise super visible. Point being, I think lots of these girls can do this stuff and just fly under the radar -- so I don't think Jenna was just suddenly corrupted.

Was Jenna a GL last year? I don't remember, but we know she wasn't Point, so that item doesn't count in that Dak scenario. (And I would point out  that Jenna didn't seem to have issues till Holly was on the squad, for whatever that's worth. Just a POI.)  If the Dak thing was a once-off and that was her only flub in 5 years, I would still give Jenna the benefit of the doubt in the Holly/Jenna debacle rather than assuming she threw Holly under the bus. Just sayin'.

• Love 1

My impression is that from the episodes we've seen so far, Kelli, Judy, Charolette, everyone, has only had the nicest, most respectful things to say about Holly.  Her wardrobe mishap was acknowledged in the best possible way, with Kelli saying she handled it like a true professional.  On the shows so far, Holly is definitely looked upon as a rock star and an asset to the team.

So my impression is that whatever happened, it was legitimately Holly's fault.  I do not see Kelli and Judy just being completely unfair to her to the point where she's quit from righteous indignation.  Everything I've seen tells me they have loved her as a performer.  She was not named group leader nor second leader though, which tells me that for whatever reason, they didn't think she was ready for that responsibility just yet. 

I think she broke rules, be it DCC rules or underage drinking rules, and got called out on it.  They may have let her go simply because of either one of those, or something escalated and she had the choice to stay and take the disciplinary action like Jenna, or quit.  Rumors abound; that's for sure.

I just can't imagine Judy and Kelli being unfair to Holly.  My gut says they had a very hard decision, but a fair one to make.  If she did something that would not sit well with their organization - and we all know the DCC expectations for demeanor,  and conduct- they would have to do something to nip it in the bud.  We all know the rules, you can't tell me the cheerleaders don't know them.  This was Holly's third training camp: she knows the rules.  If she broke them, it shouldn't come as any surprise that she'd be called out on them.

It doesn't matter if another teammate talked about whatever happened.   If the rules were broken, and you broke them, and there are consequences.  You either own up to your behavior or choices like a mature grown-up, or you childishly deny responsibility, pout, and pity yourself for being treated unfairly.  I guess we're seeing which way Holly Is handling it.

Edited by Taryn Tempestwind
  • Love 7

I believe she was said to be more than just hanging out with players in the club like they just bumped into each other, someone mentioned she had a fling with Zeke Elliot or something like that . But who knows if we will ever find out what really happened. All I know is Holly isn't acting very mature on social media. 

• Love 1

I am re-watching the opening night of training camp in Season 7 and Kelly has just told the girls that if they are a taker, they won't last.  I'm assuming that if you are a pot-stirrer, the same thing applies.  And if you throw your fellow DCC under a bus, does that you endear you to K&J?  Does that make the rest of the squad watch their backs?  What does that do to morale?

6 hours ago, DancerGirl1992 said:

Wait, I'm lost. What Jenna/Dak thing? What pictures? 

*long time lurker/first time poster. Y'all are hilarious btw ?

Hi, welcome! Basically there were rumours floating around last year that Jenna and Dak were seeing each other/dating/hooking up. Can't remember the exact details but apparently Jenna was seriously flaunting it and going around telling everyone they were soulmates and going to get married -  something along those lines. 

Basically, she didn't just cross the 'don't date the players' line, she did a shimmy, a one-two hop and practically mooned Kelli & Judy while she was at it. 

I can't remember if she was visibly punished (like the Hall of Fame situation this year)...so either she repented and/or we didn't see the punishment, she wasn't punished or it didn't happen. No idea, just what was floating around! But her and Jen K did rotate points for a few games before it stayed as Jen K. That might have been her punishment? Honestly, the details escape me - another poster (esp the insider/s who posted the comments) might be able to clear up the exact timing/rumours. 

There were also rumours that Holly was also seeing a player at the same time or around the same time? I think much less was said about that...either she kept it more on the down low or it didn't happen. Have a read through past pages and other threads if you want to catch up :) 

Edit: I'm not sure what pictures you're referring to...do you mean the alleged pics that one poster said Holly quit over to save them from coming to light? No idea about those...we'll have to wait if the poster expands on them! 

Edited by autumdusk
forgot to mention the pictures
  • Love 3

If you go back to game day pics from last year Jenna and Jenn K never rotated point.  There was one pic from practice where Jenna was point and I think that was done to throw us all off.  Rookies went on the USO tour last year instead of Holly and Jenna.  So I would say they both were dealt with.  That was when Jenna jumped on the cryptic message train ride.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

But Jenna literally is a leader. She was the one who HAD to remove herself from the situation. And if she is such a follower that a 20 y.o forced her to stay, then she has no business being GL1. Not saying that she threw Holly under a bus, but she obviously didn't act as a leader in this situation -which is probably why she was punished.

10 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Was Jenna a GL last year? I don't remember, but we know she wasn't Point, so that item doesn't count in that Dak scenario. (And I would point out  that Jenna didn't seem to have issues till Holly was on the squad, for whatever that's worth. Just a POI.)  If the Dak thing was a once-off and that was her only flub in 5 years, I would still give Jenna the benefit of the doubt in the Holly/Jenna debacle rather than assuming she threw Holly under the bus. Just sayin'.

Yes she was! And well, Paige was forced to leave before ending her season and at least for her it was serious enough as she's getting married to him. So yeah I get that they care for Jenna more than they ever did for Paige, but you can't really say that you have serious rules when they only apply to the girls you don't like that much or to whom you're not related.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And if you throw your fellow DCC under a bus, does that you endear you to K&J?

I've wondered about this myself.  Is it their responsibility to tell if they know something? Or are you expected to keep your mouth shut unless you are specifically confronted with a question?  If they do tell on their own, do K&J look at that like they're untrustworthy rats (kind of like The Walking Dead when Negan didn't take too kindly to Spencer throwing Rick under the bus) ?  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I've wondered about this myself.  Is it their responsibility to tell if they know something? Or are you expected to keep your mouth shut unless you are specifically confronted with a question?  If they do tell on their own, do K&J look at that like they're untrustworthy rats (kind of like The Walking Dead when Negan didn't take too kindly to Spencer throwing Rick under the bus) ?  

Well, the honor code at the US Military Academy (West Point) reads:  "We will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does".  Maybe the cheerleaders take a similar oath:  "We swear on our poms that we will not overeat, drink underage or hook up with players, nor tolerate among us anyone who does.  Unless they're related to someone."

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Oh for sure. I'm not one who thinks that Holly left because she got another dance job that was just too good to pass up. No doubt that Holly would've let us know through social media by now if that was the case. I was just wondering if there was a different type of rule-breaking that they had engaged in that really caused her to quit/get in trouble. 

Interesting about the Holly pictures/videos....if true, that's new information. 

Same. And all this "wait for it" and "it's coming..I'm so happy." stuff is BLAH. Bye girl. We're not waiting.

12 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Was Jenna a GL last year? 

Yes.

2 hours ago, autumdusk said:

Hi, welcome! Basically there were rumours floating around last year that Jenna and Dak were seeing each other/dating/hooking up. Can't remember the exact details but apparently Jenna was seriously flaunting it and going around telling everyone they were soulmates and going to get married -  something along those lines. 

Basically, she didn't just cross the 'don't date the players' line, she did a shimmy, a one-two hop and practically mooned Kelli & Judy while she was at it. 

I can't remember if she was visibly punished (like the Hall of Fame situation this year)...so either she repented and/or we didn't see the punishment, she wasn't punished or it didn't happen. No idea, just what was floating around! But her and Jen K did rotate points for a few games before it stayed as Jen K. That might have been her punishment? Honestly, the details escape me - another poster (esp the insider/s who posted the comments) might be able to clear up the exact timing/rumours. 

There were also rumours that Holly was also seeing a player at the same time or around the same time? I think much less was said about that...either she kept it more on the down low or it didn't happen. Have a read through past pages and other threads if you want to catch up :) 

Edit: I'm not sure what pictures you're referring to...do you mean the alleged pics that one poster said Holly quit over to save them from coming to light? No idea about those...we'll have to wait if the poster expands on them! 

This is alot lol..I seriously doubt that.

2 hours ago, lfedncr said:

If you go back to game day pics from last year Jenna and Jenn K never rotated point.  There was one pic from practice where Jenna was point and I think that was done to throw us all off.  Rookies went on the USO tour last year instead of Holly and Jenna.  So I would say they both were dealt with.  That was when Jenna jumped on the cryptic message train ride.

I seriously don't think the organization cares enough about us to "throw us off." Perhaps they were trying to mix it up to see what worked and hadn't set anything yet. 

1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

We swear on our poms that we will not overeat, drink underage or hook up with players, nor tolerate among us anyone who does.

LOL

36 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:
3 hours ago, autumdusk said:

This is alot lol..I seriously doubt that.

Doubt that they were soulmates (I doubt it too) or doubt that she made those claims (I don't doubt that at all LOL)?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Moving away from the Jenna/Holly mess for a second, does anyone know how they form the groups? I'm assuming that it's a mix of everything from looks, dance ability, seniority, etc, but I'm curious because this year, Group 1 and Group 2 seem to be a bit lopsided. I've not seen enough of Group 3 and 4, but at the very least, the group leaders, Lacey/Robin and Kashara/Heather, are stronger dancers than Jinelle/Elizabeth. 

Its possible that the rookies in group 2 are great, but from what we've seen so far (which is admittedly not a lot), it seems like some of the top power rookies are Keyra, Kalyssa, Lexie, and Lauren and 3 of them are in group 1, which also has stronger vets than group 2 IMO (not including Cersten). Obviously, I may be way off base here and other people may think Group 2 is better, but I was just wondering how they formed them.

19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Moving away from the Jenna/Holly mess for a second, does anyone know how they form the groups? I'm assuming that it's a mix of everything from looks, dance ability, seniority, etc, but I'm curious because this year, Group 1 and Group 2 seem to be a bit lopsided. I've not seen enough of Group 3 and 4, but at the very least, the group leaders, Lacey/Robin and Kashara/Heather, are stronger dancers than Jinelle/Elizabeth. 

Its possible that the rookies in group 2 are great, but from what we've seen so far (which is admittedly not a lot), it seems like some of the top power rookies are Keyra, Kalyssa, Lexie, and Lauren and 3 of them are in group 1, which also has stronger vets than group 2 IMO (not including Cersten). Obviously, I may be way off base here and other people may think Group 2 is better, but I was just wondering how they formed them.

I think Shelly mentioned somewhere on here about how they're formed. Having something to do with hair color is something I think she mentioned.

I think most anyone would agree that Kelli and Charlotte are dedicated to making DCC the best organization with women involved who are held to the highest standards.  If Jenna was "flaunting" a relationship with Dak, I have no doubt whatsoever that she'd have been off the squad. As we've seen with Holly (and many others), anyone is expendable. 

Between the Cowboys Organization and the DCCs there must be a certain amount of trust. Kelli outlines the rules of the organization and the girls sign a contract stating they understand the rules and agree to follow them.  That some girls will bend the rules is a given. Kelli and Judy don't have time to monitor these girls 24/7, and if a DCC is discreet, she can probably get away with quite a bit. However, considering how prolific social media is, Kelli and Judy are going to hear about a lot of moderate and blatant indiscretions at some point. There's no end of people out there who will tattle and send Kelli and the organization pictures/video of DCCs in a bad light.  From what's been said here, Paige was very discreet with her guy, even dating him for several months before Kelli et al found out and she was dismissed from the squad.

I say it again - seems people keep thinking Kelli, Judy and Charlotte are stupid and don't know that girls party and below 21-year-olds drink. They know, and they see the results in weight gain and fluctuating skill level.  Some of the rule breakage result in warnings and disciplines, others in termination.  We'll see the Jenna/Holly situation on screen at some point. And if people want to throw Jenna under the bus to preserve Holly in a better light, it's your right. We'll probably never know the whole truth. But that Jenna stuck around and took her punishment before the entire squad, which had to be humiliating, and Holly walked makes me respect Jenna more at this point.  And Holly's passive-aggressive Tweets do nothing but showcase her as very young and needing to grow up.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to those episodes!

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

I say it again - seems people keep thinking Kelli, Judy and Charlotte are stupid and don't know that girls party and below 21-year-olds drink. They know, and they see the results in weight gain and fluctuating skill level. 

My response is off-topic, but it's like Chelsea.  They saw she wasn't performing as well, they saw that she gained weight (I didn't, but they certainly did, the scale doesn't lie), they confronted her with the "are you partying?" question, and they knew she was full of crap with her initial "oh no ma'am!"  K-J-C have seen it all, you're not going to fool them & if you do, it won't last.

• Love 5

How are the roommates decided? It looks like they change frequently  ... I thought KaShara was rooming with one of the girls that did not make it back.  Does Kelly advise who to room with ?? Kashara is now with Yuko.... just wondering how that changes??? Maybe Shelly has some insight :-)

Just now, lah715 said:

How are the roommates decided? It looks like they change frequently  ... I thought KaShara was rooming with one of the girls that did not make it back.  Does Kelly advise who to room with ?? Kashara is now with Yuko.... just wondering how that changes??? Maybe Shelly has some insight :-)

Wasn't Kash just with Yuko on calender and not living with her in Dallas?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

Yes I believe it was just a hotel roommate situation that Kelli chose  for the shoot, not actual living together in Dallas. 

Seems like it had a lot to do with Yuko being lonely and having problems and maybe she thought KaShara would be good for her..

• Love 2

Yeah, it was kind of confusing, but it appeared to just be for the calendar shoot. Kashara is friendly and bubbly and also seems to have a lot of friends on the team, so Kelli said she put she and Yuko together. I've seen other pictures where girls talk about their roommates from trips, so it seems like it's an assigned thing. 

Since we're talking about roommates, I wonder myself how they figure out their living situations.  I assume it's a simple thing, like word gets around that someone needs/wants a roommate & someone else responds.

On 8/27/2017 at 6:08 AM, autumdusk said:

Have you guys seen the DCC instagram story that's a video of group 1 dancing on the sidelines? Goddamn Jenna front and centre looked good. She was popping in all the right places and made her whole group look spunky, fresh and cohesive. 

Seeing her at 'point' compared to Kashara made the differences between the two like night and day. 

Jenna, honey, please suck up to K&J like never before and get back to point. Or do whatever voodoo you did to Erica and Holly to take Kashara out as well (I'm not a fan of her, so I wouldn't even care lol). Just get out there, dance, and let me repress all the distasteful aspects of your personality haha

Side note, I kind of both love and hate that social media exists. Knowing more about some of the cheerleaders has made me like them less. It's beyond just Jenna and Holly's eye roll worthy thirst - even Erica (who I *adore*) occasionally writes questionably accurate things in her insta stories that pain me (e.g. bullshit nutrition 'facts') and Kashara's past social media posts and recent life choices just makes me permanently side eye her and wonder is she's just low-key ignorant and racist. 

But it does make me appreciate DCC like Robin and Lacey who come off as very classy on their social media. it's definitely a double-edged sword. 

Edited by missmansfield
Changed mind
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Since we're talking about roommates, I wonder myself how they figure out their living situations.  I assume it's a simple thing, like word gets around that someone needs/wants a roommate & someone else responds.

Yeah, and it seems like a lot of the training camp candidates just sort of grab other TCCs after they're announced. I imagine that there's a ton of turnover in roommates -everyone is just not meant to live together. I think it was one year that Kashara/Raylee and then Madeline/Elizabeth were living together at the start of training camp. It just seemed like there might be a big maturity gap there. Not saying Madeline and Raylee were immature or childish, but Kashara/Elizabeth were much older.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, it was kind of confusing, but it appeared to just be for the calendar shoot. Kashara is friendly and bubbly and also seems to have a lot of friends on the team, so Kelli said she put she and Yuko together. I've seen other pictures where girls talk about their roommates from trips, so it seems like it's an assigned thing. 

I'm thinking Kashara and Amy L were roomies at one point? Yuko was just assigned for the calendar shoot.

11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They are only responsible for their own actions. 

I guess many didn't get that "personal responsibility" memo.

2 minutes ago, countrygirl1689 said:

I know people pointed out Christina's bad kicks after the first preseason game, and it looks like it wasn't a fluke. Here's a picture from this past week's game.

IMG_9824.JPG

Is that Keyra (I have no idea if I spelled her name right) on the end?  I'm not sure if the picture is deceiving, but she looks way too tall for that spot IMO.