Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Just now, HollyFan said:

This is from page 134 and if shelly is the most official person on the team I got to think this is the most official list so far. just my opinion

Not the most official on the team, that's K & J. Just answered questions about leaders & some of the girls insta posts. 

• Love 1
Just now, ShellyB said:

Not the most official on the team, that's K & J. Just answered questions about leaders & some of the girls insta posts. 

sorry meant the most official person on this forum or maybe we can see if we can get you more official :)

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Woah there! I totally saw the appeal of Kali both times. She's poised, gorgeous, great body, great showmanship, and fantastic personality and attitude. Her dance leaning curve was behind, but I can certainly see why they were pulling for her. 

I saw the appeal of Kali too. She was very gracious when she was cut, saying something like it was okay that she wasn't a perfect fit for DCC. That there were many other things in life she was perfect for and she was ready to explore them. Total class.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Katelyn: LSU girl, they have nothing but good things to say about her. Killer solo. They just want to fix her hair. She doesn't make it.

Seems getting on Kelli's radar is the thing. Erica had a lot of judges comments on her hair as well, if I remember correctly. But Kelli loved her solo.

I don't get to see the episode till tomorrow, but maybe Katelyn's solo got lost; didn't stand out quite enough from the competition. Kelli said she hadn't noticed Kelly Quinn before, and she'd auditioned 4 times! Now she's a DCC and on SG.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ajmm0106 said:

It looks like Erica surfaced on social media as well. Maybe Holly is still on the team? She's a powerhouse of a dancer, and has a huge fan following! 

IMG_8039.PNG

I think we can all agree she's off, the reason is just up in the air. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ajmm0106 said:

It looks like Erica surfaced on social media as well. Maybe Holly is still on the team? She's a powerhouse of a dancer, and has a huge fan following! 

IMG_8039.PNG

agree this is a good sign for Holly is still being on the team

Edited by HollyFan
58 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

She looked super out of shape. Worse than the rest. And she already had a odd body shape. I hate that she has to work 4 times as hard but it was crazy noticable on her. Like breelan and Caila and jenna. One girl every season.

I think I may have missed something about Allie not making it. Did they say anything or address it at all about her? I saw them talk about Heather & Raylee.

2 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

agree this is a good sign Holly is still on the team

She would have tweeted on her DCC account if so, plus already compared number of vets + rookies which proves Erica and Holly are not back on the team. 

• Love 2

Erica??? Now what's going on with her? She's one of the best. Why on earth would she no longer be on the team? If she's injured, that isn't reason to kick her off. Brooke Sorenson sat out her whole second season due to injury but was still a part of the team. If they had 36, does this mean, they now only; have 34? Or did the Holly and Erica leave during TC allowing a couple more rookies to make it? So confused!

• Love 2

I think Charlotte is a very dynamic and striking woman. Not conventionally beautiful but I am always so drawn to her! I do think she'd be even prettier with an extra five pounds, but she seems happy with her figure and that's what matters most!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Teresa said:

Erica??? Now what's going on with her? She's one of the best. Why on earth would she no longer be on the team? If she's injured, that isn't reason to kick her off. Brooke Sorenson sat out her whole second season due to injury but was still a part of the team. If they had 36, does this mean, they now only; have 34? Or did the Holly and Erica leave during TC allowing a couple more rookies to make it? So confused!

I think that whoever was scheduled to be the last two cuts (#37 & #38 on whatever list K&J have) should be thanking their lucky stars and deities that Erica and Holly either dropped out or were cut because they wouldn't have made the team if those two hadn't left. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Teresa said:

36 without Erica and Holly, and confusion doesn't even cut it. I don't think the insiders really could explain her departure either since just an injury (which didn't look to be that severe) isn't enough to cut their rockstar.

Some posts on the internet about Holly still being a DCC remiind me of the old saying "De Nile isn't just a river in Egypt." 

Holly is gone. She's done. She's not coming back. While reality tv is kind of similar to a soap opera, she's not going to magically appear on the team like this is all a bad dream. Maybe she might try to come back next year, but honestly, why would she? She's BTDT and now it's hopefully onto a career where she can focus on her dancing and not all of the extra's that go with being a DCC.

I wish her luck in her future endeavors, as I'm positive that a young lady with that much talent and that much grace will have a n incredibly successful  professional dance career.

• Love 11

How far in advance is Kitty's session from finals? The show makes it sound like it the night before. I wonder is she available for a pvt consultation (for a fee), if the TCC comes early - like in late March.

Gosh - Jacie looks younger and GOOD.. NYC is treating her well. She needs to share her beauty & health  secrets to all of us.

What's the hurry for the veterans to learn the dance combo in 20 minutes - how long is practice/rehearsal? The already know the kick line, so that is a time savings.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

36 without Erica and Holly, and confusion doesn't even cut it. I don't think the insiders really could explain her departure either since just an injury (which didn't look to be that severe) isn't enough to cut their rockstar.

It's my understanding Erica's back issues were long standing; given some of the tricks she does in her solos I could totally see her having an injury that is difficult to recover from.  I tend to agree though, that they don't like to cut vets over injuries, and that they tend to wait them out. I can think of 2 people they did this with - Brooke S. and Deryn D., so that leads to the speculation what else could cause them to cut a vet?  DCC need to be fit, great dancers, responsible, good leaders, trustworthy, and good ambassadors, just to name a few.  So if they don't cut a rockstar over injuries, then there has to be a deficit in some other area.

Personally I find it interesting that 4 rookies and the Group Leader cut from one group.  I wonder if they'll show the reasoning on the show.

I liked Erica alot - girl is spunky  and can dance. I just hope her injury isn't career ending. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Java said:

Some posts on the internet about Holly still being a DCC remiind me of the old saying "De Nile isn't just a river in Egypt." 

Holly is gone. She's done. She's not coming back. While reality tv is kind of similar to a soap opera, she's not going to magically appear on the team like this is all a bad dream. Maybe she might try to come back next year, but honestly, why would she? She's BTDT and now it's hopefully onto a career where she can focus on her dancing and not all of the extra's that go with being a DCC.

I wish her luck in her future endeavors, as I'm positive that a young lady with that much talent and that much grace will have a n incredibly successful  professional dance career.

You have summed it up perfectly.  Now the burning question,,,,why?  Was it the club situation?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Erica??? Now what's going on with her? She's one of the best. Why on earth would she no longer be on the team? If she's injured, that isn't reason to kick her off. Brooke Sorenson sat out her whole second season due to injury but was still a part of the team. 

Maybe someone could correct me, but weren't both Brooke and Cassie's leg region injuries, and they'd already had surgery?  I know Cassie performed during the season. Didn't Brooke?  Since l assume Erica performed at finales (will see the ep tomorrow), seems her injury might have happened during TC, and might be extensive enough to have her take a LOA, so to speak, to seek treatment and rehab. Guess we'll find out. I have difficulty believing behavior was a factor in her absence from the squad.

I will try to hold-in some of my comments this week on the panel interviews. I like the process, but not some of the questions. Sorry. Since this is season 12, that means this is the 3rd presidential election, right? I just don't remember this many political questions from years ago.

On the book reading question - are they expecting one to say books from the NY best seller list? Given many of the ladies are students or early in their profession, the last "book" really could be academic reasons, not necessarily for pleasure.

7 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

I am so excited to see the solos tonight!

I would love to see ALL of the solos. Does anyone know if there is a place online to do that? I'm really bummed that they didn't show Kelli's solo. I also noticed that NOTHING was mentioned about Salina (and a few others now that I think about it). Weird. ?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Tootie said:

giphy.gif

"KaSexy!!"

I love Kelsey and Erica's reactions!

5 hours ago, Tootie said:

And I found her solo to be very boring!

Well for me it wasn't on Holly/Erica/Lacey level, but I think it showed them how powerful she became, as she was a struggler as a rookie. 

4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Random, but I was looking at Amy's instagram and came across this video, and she really is such an underrated dancer. I get that she may not be the most glamorous but the girl can dance!!! Glad that she's a second group leader this year. 

I think her new haircut helped her so much. I haven't really noticed her before, but now she seems so sassy, cute and she ALWAYS looks like she's having the time of her life.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SouthernAccent said:

I would love to see ALL of the solos. Does anyone know if there is a place online to do that? I'm really bummed that they didn't show Kelli's solo. I also noticed that NOTHING was mentioned about Salina (and a few others now that I think about it). Weird. ?

4 minutes ago, SouthernAccent said:

If what you have shown are "some of the best solos" you've ever seen-I an concerned about your dance knowledge background -Kelli

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SouthernAccent said:

I thought the whole solo part was rushed . too fast. couldn't see very much.

what does full alphabet of dance mean - incorporating all styles? I was nice to see hip-hop

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sATL said:

I thought the whole solo part was rushed . too fast. couldn't see very much.

what does full alphabet of dance mean - incorporating all styles? I was nice to see hip-hop

Yes! I felt it was rushed too. I would liked to have seen more of the vets solos, especially the 2nd years. And IDK the answer to the alphabet question. Sorry. 

• Love 4

Judy: "We don't ever like to take anybody back into training camp a second time and cut them"

...But yet you still do? And we see it happen again this season with Brennan and Celinda

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Judy: "We don't ever like to take anybody back into training camp a second time and cut them"

...But yet you still do? And we see it happen again this season with Brennan and Celinda

Vivian..

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

We already know which vets made it and which were cut.  She posted the names of the rookies.  Given that she tells us 36 made it, that means two vets were cut/left during TC.  That would be Holly and Erica.

Well with the list that was given of the group leaders, then it's obvious Erica and Holly are no longer part of the squad. If they were, they would've been shoo ins for group leader positions no doubt. Sad :(  

I was glad to see that rookie Christina FINALLY made it! So exciting for her! 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

It has taken me this long to realize that Kelly Popcorn isn't in TC....I thought she had been picked.  Don't know where I got that impression.  VERY surprised about low kicks Christina.  So sad about Ericka.  

She did get into training camp.....for the Dolphins!

zMDC candidate Killy.jpg

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Well with the list that was given of the group leaders, then it's obvious Erica and Holly are no longer part of the squad. If they were, they would've been shoo ins for group leader positions no doubt. Sad :(  

I was glad to see that rookie Christina FINALLY made it! So exciting for her! 

Erica was initially the leader of group 4 with KaShara as her 2nd leader.  Shelly posted that list on the 15th and that's when we realized Erica was no longer on the team.  Holly was still there when groups were selected.

DCC groups.jpg

15 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Erica was initially the leader of group 4 with KaShara as her 2nd leader.  Shelly posted that list on the 15th and that's when we realized Erica was no longer on the team.  Holly was still there when groups were selected.

DCC groups.jpg

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. Wow! I'm surprised Holly wasn't originally at least an AGL.

4 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

I posted this on the episode thread but I'll repost it here because I'm just so annoyed with this episode

Briana: has the LOWEST kicks ever. Literally 90 degrees. Has a blah Interview. No personality. And gets in

Tasha. They make a comment on her weight, she screws up the interview, her solo is eh, and SHE makes it into TC

Katelyn: LSU girl, they have nothing but good things to say about her. Killer solo. They just want to fix her hair. She doesn't make it

Heather H: no comments on interview. AMAZING solo that the judges made comments on in deliberation. The only thing was she messed up the kick line but only on the first count. Her kicks are def a little low but that's it. And yet she doesn't make it and Tasha does?????

I'm so with you on this. It happens every year but this year I was really mad. I wasn't even a fan of Heather, but she was definitely better than for example Jessika (who we all said was going to get cut after they posted her solo), Kelli made a special mention of her last episode so she was obviously good throughout her first year... That was totally unfair and uncalled for. I get that they are not trying to be objective and girls like Tasha and Kalyssa would never be cut because of their looks alone... Don't show it then! Even with Yuko, the only reason I disliked her so much was that they chose to show us all the negatives and she still made the team, when they cut absolutely wonderful dancers for no reason.

And as for Brianna, I can see the appeal and I think she can pull a Maddie as somebody else has said. BUT it was obvious she wouldn't make the team this year. Bad kicks, not enough power, very timid and no personality. What did they think they could do in 2 months?

3 hours ago, HollyFan said:

agree this is a good sign for Holly is still being on the team

She is defintely off the team, unless Shelly lied and there are more than 36 on the team. I actually find it interesting that the only person who commented is the one vet who also left the team. Plus, no public support from Maddie either.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

She is defintely off the team, unless Shelly lied and there are more than 36 on the team. I actually find it interesting that the only person who commented is the one vet who also left the team. Plus, no public support from Maddie either.

I noticed that too. ?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, sATL said:

On the book reading question - are they expecting one to say books from the NY best seller list? Given many of the ladies are students or early in their profession, the last "book" really could be academic reasons, not necessarily for pleasure.

I wonder if an acceptable answer would be something along the line of, "Unfortunately, between classes, assignments, studying, and of course dancing, I haven't had much time to do a lot of recreational reading."

3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Plus, no public support from Maddie either.

Hmmmm, I didn't notice that!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, botymolly said:

She made Dolphins Cheerleader and seemed very excited.

I thought Hunter only made TC, not the actual squad.

7 hours ago, Spooky said:

Tasha has the "DCC look" so she's in unless she scrawls "Cowboys Suck" in pink lipstick all over the Star.

hahahahaha!!!  I don't think we have to worry about that, I really doubt she'd waste an ounce of her coveted pink lipstick :)

7 hours ago, Spooky said:

Hate saying this because I'm the same shape as Allie, but girl, you know what 5-7 pounds looks like on us shorties. 

As a fellow shortie who is always thick in the waist no matter how much weight I lose, I hear ya!  Honestly, when you have that height/shape combo those 5 lbs can look like 10.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

great to see holly posting again. great support by Maddie, Kellie and the rest of her teammates on the post and good chance she is still on the team

Edited by HollyFan
22 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

THERE IS NO TITLE IX IN PRO SPORTS. Cheerleaders are not football players. They don't have the same duties, pay, earnings potential *DING DING DING DING*, and therefore rules.

Also, nobody - football players, cheerleaders, etc. - has been drafted, forced or even tricked into this. They know the rules. If they choose to break them. they face the consequences.

But there are discrimination and employment laws.

the truth is, DCC gets a lot of girls who are desperate to join, and as a result kind of let themselves be walked all over.  

8 hours ago, Java said:

What is BTDT?  DUH.....

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

great to see holly posting again. great support by Maddie, Kellie and the rest of her teammates on the post and good chance she is still on the team

Did I miss something? Maddie didn't post on hollys picture. Also, if you don't think holly got cut who is the other vet that got cut? 

• Love 3

Can someone kindly enlighten me on the Holly / Maddie thing? I saw post a few pages up about how Maddie was a bad influence. Then when Holly posted something last night, someone commented about how Maddie hasn't shown support. Im just confused. Are they close friends / roomies? Or is there something I don't know about their friendship. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Java said:

There is life after 20 and after DCC.  I love Holly and am sure she will be successful in wherever life takes her.  

3 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Did I miss something? Maddie didn't post on hollys picture. Also, if you don't think holly got cut who is the other vet that got cut? 

Where do you see her posting?

The "Maddie is a bad influence" thing started as a joke comment someone made when what I refer to as Hollygate began that now seems to have taken on a life of its own. There's no indication or evidence Maddie has been any kind of "bad influence" on anyone. From all I can tell, she's as squeaky clean as it gets.

• Love 9