Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I'm a little sad about this years cheerleaders. Not a fan of many rookies. Miranda for me was always the hair, Christina, and I never bonded with any. I'm not really a huge fan of any right now except for Kelsey, Lacey, and Kashara. I loved heather (little), Raylee, Erica....I'm sad right now. Probably the most disappointing squad since I've been watching. I'm thinking wtf happened. Four of the rookies should be happy vets were screwing up this year.

• Love 7

I like Lacey, Jinelle, KaShara, and Robin. The other are blah and do not stand out to me. I cannot seem to get excited over the rookies over the last few years. The new girls who made the squad this upcoming season are not that interesting to me.

14 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I'm a little sad about this years cheerleaders. Not a fan of many rookies. Miranda for me was always the hair, Christina, and I never bonded with any. I'm not really a huge fan of any right now except for Kelsey, Lacey, and Kashara. I loved heather (little), Raylee, Erica....I'm sad right now. Probably the most disappointing squad since I've been watching. I'm thinking wtf happened. Four of the rookies should be happy vets were screwing up this year.

Amen! I like Lacey, Heather, and Maggie. The rest are just there. And Kelsey... can't forget Kelsey

Edited by pizzaislife
Forgot Kelsey.
  • Love 5

You know what. I was thinking today, that I really want these new girls/ladies/women to get there chance to shine and have their own fan base grow and fall in love. So much turbulence is hard. But I also know these women worked very hard and surely not wasting time on the drama. The tears of joy are as they should be, joyful. I know at first I felt kinda confused and disconnected with this group. But standing back...there truly are some standouts and I feel sure the show will not miss the positive high points. K&J do seem to be proud of the squad performance and I want to enjoy getting to know these new rock stars. It is still DCC and regular never fits the bill. Yes, ready to celebrate these ladies, past and present.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I forgot about Maggie. Sadly the majority of the girls, in my opinion, are not in the same category as the squads from Season Two to Season Five.

I am still learning, Can you tell me your stand outs from those seasons. I want to go back and watch. I just found season 2 today off eBay. Have never seen that season. What should I pay attention too that is so different to you now? I am so curious now. 

4 hours ago, Domino9062 said:

I'm part of the curly hair club.....  I straighten it when I can ( takes about an hour to do a good job) but if I workout it becomes a hot mess. If I workout with curly hair it's the same! I look at these ladies and they look so freakin pretty when they are dancing and obviously getting a work out. If I did that I'd look like a shaggy wet dog!  I know there exists great long last makeup - but the hair! Mine would be a sweaty mess! 

@ShellyB as not only a part of the organization now but also a DCC alumni - what do they do to keep looking amazing during the games? 

They sweat! They are hot messes too ?During halftime they have time to come in and fluff & puff. Remember they have all summer to experiment and and nail down the perfect routine! 

• Love 4

lot of fellow curly girls on the boards ? actually when Paige went back to straighter hair, and Tess's hair seemed to go back to waves instead of curls, I completely understood - I never used to wear my hair straight or even just wavy until I started working out regularly, and realized that it is nearly impossible to make curls (mine at least) look good once they're the slightest bit dirty, and dry shampoo or anything else never seemed to work right.  Also, putting it in a braid or ponytail to work out period was a pain in the ass because when I'd brush or comb it, it would break the curl and look terrible.  I can't imagine how tough it would be to have hours of heavy dancing where you have to look your absolute best and deal with that.  At least with waves, you can take advantage of the natural body but still have it smooth enough to be workable.  Some of the curly girls who never seemed to have problems that way (Nicole Bulcher, Courtney Cook) had these gorgeous ringlets that look like they'd have more elasticity than the still gorgeous, but probably problematic-to-style curls (Paige and Tess).  They look beautiful with curls and waves both but I'm sure the waves are a bit easier to work with.  I have serious hair envy of Madisyn from prelims this year - she has the kind of curls I always wished I had.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

They've had issues from day 1.... I know some DCC vets from previous squads. There have been "bad apples" for lack of a better word, off and on every year. The only difference recently is social media and camera phones makes it so much easier to get caught. 

You have me dying of curiosity who they are and/or what they did!

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 1

don't know when that gif was made or where the video came from but if that was out there and the cowboys and CMT are using it for ratings then I would have been pissed and quit too (assuming she did).  Embarrassment for the cowboys to allow that to be used for promotion by CMT. I am assuming it was as it was blurred out and looks like it wasn't just from some camera phone

Edited by HollyFan
  • Love 11

Yikes at the Holly wardrobe malfunction!! 

I'm really curious as to why Katelyn did not make training camp. She appeared to be one of the best dancers there and has amazing kicks. I really hope there's something more than just her hair. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, HollyFan said:

don't know when that gif was made or where the video came from but if that was out there and the cowboys and CMT are using it for ratings then I would have bee pissed and quit too (assuming she did).  Embarrassment for the cowboys to allow that to be used for promotion by CMT. I am assuming it was as it was blurred out and looks like it wasn't just from some camera phone

i have heard that holly gave CMT approval (earlier this summer when she was in TC still) to air it as long as it was blurred out.  otherwise i know they took it VERY seriously that no one there posted footage of it. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

don't know when that gif was made or where the video came from but if that was out there and the cowboys and CMT are using it for ratings then I would have been pissed and quit too (assuming she did).  Embarrassment for the cowboys to allow that to be used for promotion by CMT. I am assuming it was as it was blurred out and looks like it wasn't just from some camera phone

No! I have looked a few days before each episode airs and they make numerous gifs for each episode. If you search "DCC" on giphy you can get a few highlights on the episode before it airs and get an idea of who will be featured a lot that week. I'm sure that one wont be used for promotion. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

i have heard that holly gave CMT approval (earlier this summer when she was in TC still) to air it as long as it was blurred out.  otherwise i know they took it VERY seriously that no one there posted footage of it. 

But obviously someone leaked the footage to make the GIF. That sucks.

And I mean really, if it's truly about these girls and a team and leadership and "world class", this wouldn't be a conversation. Kelli is a producer on the damn show -- it should have stop right there.

• Love 8

The thing is, professional dancers are accustomed to being bare ass naked in the dressing room in front of each other. Granted this is a professional audition and I have no doubt she was very embarrassed, but in the grand scheme of things really not that big of a deal.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

The thing is, professional dancers are accustomed to being bare ass naked in the dressing room in front of each other. Granted this is a professional audition and I have no doubt she was very embarrassed, but in the grand scheme of things really not that big of a deal.

not that big? she is a 20 year old girl. sure thier outfits and bikinis are small but to be filmed and then have it leaked. It is big and this is coming from a guy

Edited by HollyFan
  • Love 11

where did you hear this? Not calling you out just a lot of this forum is "I heard this and this happened" with zero proof. It obviously wasn't taken seriously enough because a gif is out there which means the video (edited) is out there.

Like I said, they make a ton of gifs for each episode on the highlights... for example next to that gif was madi dancing, holly doing turns, rookie doing a kick, lauren getting her name called, kalyssa getting her name called, lauren dancing on the Jumbotron, teaching vets learning the dance. Look for yourself on giphy or even search dcc on twitter gifs. 

• Love 1
Just now, JerseyGirl said:

giphy.gif

I bet by now they have seen every kind of wardrobe malfunction. Mentioned this to a friend of mine who once did dance and according to her, every single performer in their group has had at least one malfunction. As a dancer it just happens.

28 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

You have me dying of curiosity who they are and/or what they did!

I seriously don't even remember most of it.... I'm OLD! And it's not a problem running rampant through the organization. It's just happened throughout the years from the get go... I just meant that I think it's more obvious these days when it does happen due to social media!!!

3 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

Yup saw this one too. I guess that's their reaction to the incident. And yes, I feel like if you've grown up dancing a wardrobe malfunction has happened. Unfortunately for Holly, hers was during an audition, with not only judges and contestants... but NUMEROUS others. DCC staff, former DCCs, DCCs friends and daughters, guests, etc. 

I feel like if it was just her, the judges, contestants, and even CMT crew.... it wouldn't have been as mortifying for her because it would have been handled as professionally as possible because I'm sure they all have signed confidentiality agreements.

Thinking about how the "closed" audition had so many guests... that is what would make me mad if I was Holly. Because you know they all texted their friends in that moment and said "omg hollys top came off." And that's how we heard about it on he boards. 

• Love 4
On 8/15/2017 at 9:57 AM, LaurenBrook said:

CMT was there for both the Erica and Holly issues.  If MTT does not end up showing us the truth on why Holly and Erica left/were released (like how they totally glossed over Mandy quitting, even though it was filmed), it will come out here.  Promise. 

that said, I hope people can keep in mind that these girls ARE still human; we expect great things of them because they are DCC caliber but people make mistakes, especially in their 20s.  I hope that however things are addressed on the show/what is shared here eventually people will give them some grace and we can all hope they take this summer as a learning experience and mature and grow. 

Why did Mandy quit?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, countrygirl1689 said:

Is the girl on the far right in the first picture Holly?! So hard to tell from this pic but it kinda looks like a face she would make. Warriors Dance Team auditions...

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/08/15/dub-dance/

I can see the resemblance but don't think it's her, mostly because the gal trying out for the Warriors has a more modest cup size ?

20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Good for her...that's a great attitude to have once her initial horror settled out. Plus, she's good at self promotion and that will def get attention. The blurs will preserve her modesty and she's definitely got a good story out of it!! I know the girls are used to exposing their cash and prizes but not alllll the cash and prizes. 

As for the C, K and Judy gif...that seems more like a reaction from a spectacular trick vs. a wardrobe issue. Maybe Cersten or one of the new girls did something crazy ? 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 1
Just now, Sillisusu said:

Why did Mandy quit?

She was planning to audition up to the week of/around finals, but they brought her in for a weight warning and she decided not to re audition per insiders. On social media she stated she wanted to go back to her dance studio (but apparently never did?) 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

She was planning to audition up to the week of/around finals, but they brought her in for a weight warning and she decided not to re audition per insiders. On social media she stated she wanted to go back to her dance studio (but apparently never did?) 

i do wonder if she is getting ready to move home now? kyndall posted something on snapchat, 'miss you already mandy' so i wonder if she decided to stay in Dallas thru the summer and move home to her studio when school/new dance season starts.  we shall see! 

• Love 1

To me it's not that big of a deal. An embarrassment, absolutely, I'm not discounting that. But Holly's body is amazing and she posesses incredible talent. I don't think one person on this board respects her less because her top came undone. The bigger deal we make out of it here, the worse it is for her. We all have nipples.

• Love 9

I have been reading all these posts regarding Jenna and Holly.  Let me first say I do not see the big deal with players dating cheerleaders.  I also hear people saying they are over Jenna, I was watching the cheerleaders performance at the HOF ceremony, and let me tell you they need Jenna and Holly because the rest of the cheerleaders without them look very underwhelming.  Jenna and Holly have the extra pop that some of the other veteran cheerleaders do not have.  Watch this video Holly posted in July and then watch the HOF and you will see what I mean.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/889621539645247490

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/893259364886339584/video/1

• Love 8

This part of Holly's solo is the one I'd prefer to see CMT broadcast. No blurred out boob shots - just show how incredible she is as a dancer.  Anything else is just a cheap shot, and CMT already gets their gratuitous T & A clips into every episode as is.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J3UTdQqxqhNYzL2/giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

I have been reading all these posts regarding Jenna and Holly.  Let me first say I do not see the big deal with players dating cheerleaders.  I also hear people saying they are over Jenna, I was watching the cheerleaders performance at the HOF ceremony, and let me tell you they need Jenna and Holly because the rest of the cheerleaders without them look very underwhelming.  Jenna and Holly have the extra pop that some of the other veteran cheerleaders do not have.  Watch this video Holly posted in July and then watch the HOF and you will see what I mean.  

Eh, Jenna and Holly were good, but honestly they didn't stand out to me any more than the others. They have the advantage of being center of formation, so they could phone in a performance and still get most of the attn. 

• Love 4

I watch a lot of figure skaters & in the past there occasionally were wardrobe malfunctions, mostly involving poorly designed straps. But recently, it seems that costumes are always designed with an underlayer of illusion or nude fabric, so that even if the top layer slips or drops, there still is coverage via the underlayer. And even the DCC always have a separate bra under their tie-front uniform tops.

I see no reason why a "malfunction" should ever cause a dancer to wind up topless and naked. 

• Love 3

Java, thanks for responding, to my post. The only cheerleader who could possibly take Jenna place as point person would be Madeline because has that pop and hip hop style to her dance.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

She is falling out of the turn at

the end ...

17 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

To me it's not that big of a deal. An embarrassment, absolutely, I'm not discounting that. But Holly's body is amazing and she posesses incredible talent. I don't think one person on this board respects her less because her top came undone. The bigger deal we make out of it here, the worse it is for her. We all have nipples.

Yep as a dance person we are ALWAYS taught in dance 101 to pin that stuff down so you dONT have a mishap.  Totally unprofessional on her part!!!!

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

to you it is not that big a deal. none of us (including me) know how big a deal it was and is to her.

• Love 2

Well if it's any consolation for Holly she didn't have the most embarassing audition in the history of MTT. 

That would be whatever girl peed on the floor during auditions. 

Now THAT would be embarassing.  Flashing boobs unintentionally?  Not so much. 

• Love 6

to you it is not that big a deal. none of us (including me) know how big a deal it was and is to her.

She obviously was able to compartmentalize it and get over it enough to allowing CMT to use it. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

She obviously was able to compartmentalize it and get over it enough to allowing CMT to use it. 

you are assuming she has/had a choice. There are RUMORS up and down this forum that she quit in a huff well if she didn't want this footage aired and they said tough luck I can see her just quitting. That is just my speculation because again those are just RUMORS

Edited by HollyFan
19 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

Thunderstruck definitely seemed a bit lackluster there, but I think some of it had to do with the formation being much wider than it usually is. With that said, this may be blasphemous here lol, but I don't think Kashara is an ideal point girl, dance-wise. She looks good, and I have no issue with her staying in that position (not that my opinion matters to K&J), but I actually find my eyes drifting to Cersten in that clip. 

• Love 3
Just now, HollyFan said:

you are assuming she has/had a choice. There are RUMORS up and down this forum that she quit in a huff well if you didn't want this footage aired and they said tough luck I can see her just quitting. That is just my speculation because again those are just RUMORS

Um, breathe. She didn't quit because of her wardrobe malfuntions. Her departure has already been discussed (at length across the Earth, poor girl). I doubt CMT and Kelli *who's an executive producer* would use that footage without her permission. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

you are assuming she has/had a choice. There are RUMORS up and down this forum that she quit in a huff well if she didn't want this footage aired and they said tough luck I can see her just quitting. That is just my speculation because again those are just RUMORS

At least most people posting in the forum are aware enough to also state that they ARE rumors and that no one knows for certain. She could have also said yes because she was relieved she wasn't cut for it, or because she's an exhibitionist, or because the sky is blue.  

• Love 2

Um, breathe. She didn't quit because of her wardrobe malfuntions. Her departure has already been discussed (at length across the Earth, poor girl). I doubt CMT and Kelli *who's an executive producer* would use that footage without her permission. 

Every person who appears on Making the Team sans Charlotte and maybe maybe Kelli and Judy, who have more bargaining power and probably negotiated more, has signed an extensive talent release that allows the network to use their image however CMT wants to. It's the risk you take when appearing on reality television. It doesn't really matter if any of the cheerleaders would prefer to be portrayed in differently, not be featured, etc. If the Cowboys, or Charlotte, as the President of DCC or whatever her title is, felt that it would reflect poorly on the DCC brand and then decided to keep Holly's wardrobe malfunction and leaving the squad, then we probably wouldn't have seen any footage, like how we didn't see and weren't told what happened with Courtney Cook. Kelli is probably an EP in credit and name only, it gets her more money and a great credit but she isn't actually doing any of the EP work on the show, similar to how actors are EPs of the television shows that they star in. 

Edited by TwopLurker
grammar!
  • Love 8