Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E13: Kristen Stewart / Alessia Cara

• Start Topic

I'm less concerned about Che's material and more concerned that he doesn't seem to feel he has to show up prepared and rehearsed. I don't know if he was drunk, stoned, or had some other excuse Saturday night, but the audience deserves better.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Entertainment Weekly has a little write up of how they got Melissa McCarthy for Sean Spicer: http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/07/melissa-mccarthy-sean-spicer-snl/

Apparently, there's now a fourth head writer Kent Sublette, who wrote the sketch with Melissa McCarthy in mind and went to her about being Sean Spicer and she accepted immediately. It also says that Mikey Day used to be in Groundlings with Melissa McCarthy, and you can tell from the picture at the link that he must be the cast member in the Grim Reaper costume playing Bannon. 

Thanks for the article. I'm so glad Kent Sublette just knew that Melissa could hit this out of the ballpark.

Also, I had a feeling it was Mikey as the Grim Reaper.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

I'm less concerned about Che's material and more concerned that he doesn't seem to feel he has to show up prepared and rehearsed. I don't know if he was drunk, stoned, or had some other excuse Saturday night, but the audience deserves better.

I feel like he's been like that since day one. It was easy to write off as nerves in the beginning (I'll never forget the horrendous marble mouth he had during his first episode), but that excuse doesn't jive anymore. Even if the jokes are good, he always reads them like it's the first time he's seen them. So his extended bits come off as both toothless and embarrassingly ill-informed.

• Love 6

Sesquipedalia, last week Spicer sent a couple of tweets with gibberish words that could easily have been passwords: http://www.gq.com/story/sean-spicer-password-tweet

(Perhaps he meant to text those to himself, or save them in a note, but pasted them into the twitter box instead)

Really, this is the easiest season the SNL writers have ever had--the stuff just writes itself or it's already been "written" by these chuckleheads!

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

During my umpteeth time watching the Spicer sketch...

I rewatched today for the first time. Still awesome. I love the little details Melissa does, like when she talks about women's ovaries exploding (I think it was), she holds out her hands with pinkies extended. Just a great gesture. I crack up at the way she pushes DeVos off stage and how she shoves away her box of props. Hard to explain, but it's just what a comedic genius knows to do.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Sesquipedalia, last week Spicer sent a couple of tweets with gibberish words that could easily have been passwords: http://www.gq.com/story/sean-spicer-password-tweet

(Perhaps he meant to text those to himself, or save them in a note, but pasted them into the twitter box instead)

Really, this is the easiest season the SNL writers have ever had--the stuff just writes itself or it's already been "written" by these chuckleheads!

LOL, okay, thanks. I can see the country is in good hands.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Inquisitionist said:

This is photo-shopped, not Rosie in actual make-up, right? 

Yes, it's photo shopped. I read where Rosie thanked the person who made and sent it to her and she totally loves it. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Inquisitionist said:

This is photo-shopped, not Rosie in actual make-up, right? 

Yes, it is photo-shopped, not sure by whom. But Rosie has now used the picture as her Twitter profile pic.

Like most of you, I think Bannon is probably flattered by the Grim Reaper impersonation. So it's time for SNL to step up its game and get Rosie in there! Watch Bannon and Trump's heads explode like never before!

• Love 2

After it aired, Spicer had proposed cracking a joke about the send-up during his next briefing, or even firing a squirt gun, as McCarthy had done in the sketch. Trump vetoed the idea, according to one person briefed on the matter.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-challenges-governing-presidency-234879

Man, that would have been awesome! Would have earned him a lot of goodwill with the press and probably help him unwind a little bit. Imagine him entering the press room while holding the squirt gun upright and start shooting upwards, hurting no one, but making everyone laugh and relax.

Poor Spicy. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Katmai said:

Yes, it's photo shopped. I read where Rosie thanked the person who made and sent it to her and she totally loves it. 

If this does happen, the makeup people need to add lots of spider-veins and blotches. I have no idea, however, how well Rosie would be in playing him. Of course most of us don't know what he sounds like, what mannerisms he uses, etc.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, slowpoked said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-challenges-governing-presidency-234879

Man, that would have been awesome! Would have earned him a lot of goodwill with the press and probably help him unwind a little bit. Imagine him entering the press room while holding the squirt gun upright and start shooting upwards, hurting no one, but making everyone laugh and relax.

Poor Spicy. 

I completely agree.  One of my first thoughts last week after watching this was that he absolutely had to walk into the next press conference, supersoaker in hand....not shoot it at anyone, just lay it on the podium and have that be all that needed to be said about this.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, pennben said:

I completely agree.  One of my first thoughts last week after watching this was that he absolutely had to walk into the next press conference, supersoaker in hand....not shoot it at anyone, just lay it on the podium and have that be all that needed to be said about this.

Or two small, blue boxes with the Presidential Seal on them. 

• Love 2
On 2/6/2017 at 9:32 PM, ruby24 said:

Bannon as a fat slob is DEFINITELY the way to go.

Apparently Trump was disgusted by the Spicer skit simply because they had him being played by a woman. He's more rattled by how he thinks a woman should look than anything else in this world, apparently.

Rosie O'Donnell has to do it. She needs to play Bannon as a gross, sweaty, drunken slob beating him up and ordering him around. That's the way to go. 100%.

Rosie is good, but if they can't get her, I'd try to draft Artie Lange (then again, with him he's not really recognizable the way Rosie and McCarthy are... it's just that he's such a natural to play a scuzzy fat slob, since... he IS one). 

That said, ANOTHER reason to get Rosie to do it, besides how well she could pull it off AND how much Trump already hates her, is that McCarthy playing Spicer apparently made Trump go off on a rant about how women shouldn't be playing men.  So... get Rosie and double down on that just to piss El Presidente off.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:41 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Che is quite bad, yes.  Also the joke about how it's yesterday in Australia.  It's actually tomorrow.

I thought Jost was pretty good last night.  Pretty cutting. But they are hit and miss for me.

Spot on Blue - Oz was always 1 day ahead. Unfortunately we are now 20 years ahead. Oz loves US, but at the moment you have the 4 year flu, so we wont kiss, but once you've cleared the bug you have, lets snuggle. We will wait for you