Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Nor I, Nigel, AKA Leg in Iron

• Start Topic

I didn't realize this was coming back so soon - but the last episode was in November, so....

I had already stopped paying attention to the episode title anagrams this season, but now they're doing palindromes? That seems even more limited than anagrams, but it's a change of pace, I guess.

• Love 1

Weller: "If he goes, I go!"
Me: "Bye!!"

But seriously, the FBI Director(?) caving to Weller made no sense at all. And he's important to Sandstorm somehow? Ugh, right. Sure.

On one hand, I'm glad Borden isn't dead, but I'm surprised he survived the episode after letting Patterson get tortured. His fight with Weller was cool -- even though it's pretty unbelievable he won that. Stunts are one of the few things this show has going for it.

Oh look, mind-wiping Roman was just as dumb as I thought it would be.

So, they might be going there with Reade and Zapata? I'm 50/50 on whether they'd work as more than friends.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Zapata's intense mistrust of Jane is really bugging (dude, we get it) but I liked that Jane's decision to "zip" Roman was repeatedly called out for the bad decision it was. I continue to enjoy Jane and Roman together (give me all the scenes) but all I can think is that all their bonding will mean nothing once he realizes that Jane's the one who did this to him, without his consent. I'm glad he's with the FBI (shady ass CIA trying to take him to be tortured) but I'm worried that when he remembers who he is and what he's done, instead of trying to make up for it like Jane's been doing, he'll off himself.

Borden (or rather, Nigel) clearly cares about Patterson (loved her sass in this episode) but when he did the classic Evil Guy Smirk at Weller in the woods, I was so upset, haha. He still seems to think he's on the right side of things and I have to say, I still don't know who's "right". I think both sides are right and wrong. I'm surprised Shepherd didn't kill Borden but perhaps she believed he had to escape before he could complete the job. To be honest, though, Shepherd seemed especially stupid in this episode, mainly so the heroes had time to rescue Patterson. If I remember correctly, Sandstorm used books to send messages before, so it's cool that they're bringing it back again.

I'm so not into Weller or his "he's so special" stuff but now that we know he's being purposely spared, I'm very curious. He's been tracked since he was 18 or so, his name was tattooed on Jane's body, and now he's crucial to the big plan (which is not to destroy the electrical grid system?). I couldn't possibly guess what this is about. Weller threatening to walk unless he got Roman and Nas... I can't help but wonder if that CIA guy went with it because he's part of Sandstorm, since Weller's apparently so important to them. And because Weller's one of the leads so he can't leave, lol.

Reade kissing Zapata... they just had to go there, huh? Stupid me for thinking they weren't going to play with that. I don't recall anything about Zapata's dating history but did anyone else get "she's not into dudes" vibes there? Not to say she couldn't possibly say no to him otherwise, I definitely believed her, but I also kind of got that feeling. Though you'd think Reade would know that, if they're really BFFs. Ugh, I just hope they can move past this quickly because I'm not looking forward to the awkward angst.

I wonder who Nas's Sandstorm insider is... she doesn't know what they look like but have we seen them before? And I liked the twist with Jane's missing tattoo... I wonder why they changed their mind on that and if there are any others.

• Love 2

This episode made me weepy with all the relationship angst. Jane/Roman, Patterson/Borden, and Reade/Zapata- can't anyone be happy? I hope Roman and Borden survive this season, but things aren't looking good. I was hoping that Borden would turn on Sandstorm and piss off Shepard. At least he didn't kill Patterson, but I'm sure she will kill him by the end of the season to complete the circle of angst.

Im actually not mad that they went there with Reade and Zapata, and can see myself rooting for these crazy kids to be happy together. With how worried she was about him, I thought she was in love with him but maybe she's just scared after he kissed her. 

Poor Roman looks so lost- Jane lying to him is definitely going to turn him against the team once he finds out.

I hope Nas comes back and punches that asshole director in the face. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, omgsowicked said:

I can't help but wonder if that CIA guy went with it because he's part of Sandstorm, since Weller's apparently so important to them.

This did cross my mind, because him giving in was so silly.

1 hour ago, twoods said:

I hope Roman and Borden survive this season, but things aren't looking good.

I don't want to be morbid either, because I like these two, but I'm expecting them to be dead by the end of the season.   :(
They might be able to reform Roman, but Borden could probably never come back to the FBI.

6 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

Zapata's intense mistrust of Jane is really bugging (dude, we get it) but I liked that Jane's decision to "zip" Roman was repeatedly called out for the bad decision it was. I continue to enjoy Jane and Roman together (give me all the scenes) but all I can think is that all their bonding will mean nothing once he realizes that Jane's the one who did this to him, without his consent. I'm glad he's with the FBI (shady ass CIA trying to take him to be tortured) but I'm worried that when he remembers who he is and what he's done, instead of trying to make up for it like Jane's been doing, he'll off himself.

Seriously, all the scenes.  Jane/Roman continue to be the highlight for me and I think they act so well with each other.  And they're such a badass fighting crew, I may watch this show if it was just them kicking ass and solving the clues with Patterson of course. 

• Love 6

I haven't watched this in awhile but the thought that kept going through my  head was "Patterson is a badass..  You better not kill Patterson.  Oh my God Patterson you badass!"

The rest was as silly as I remember but fun silly.  Except for memory wiping Roman.  That made no sense and was done just for Jane angst.

Jane makes bad decisions but makes bad decisions for the right reasons.  If that makes any sense at all,  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Okay, it's official.  Roman is my favorite male character on Blindspot (sorry Weller) while Jane/Patterson are my favorite female characters.  It's amazing how Roman has just come in the back door to become the most dynamic male character on the show.  He, Jane, and Patterson are the best parts of Blindspot.

I'll start with the stuff I liked least:

What is with all the melodrama with Weller, Nas, Reade, and Zapata?  I feel bad for Sullivan that Weller has become a character more defined by the women and relationships he is involved with right now then the work he does.  He's having a baby with one woman, sleeping with another, and in love with the last (at least I think so).  Two of those three women are boring as all hell, and the one that IS dynamic and interesting is the one they least have Weller spend time with.   Nas is a boring character.  I understand the actress is popular (I believe), but the writers are giving her screentime and storylines with Weller that are NOT working - for either of them.  The part that does intrigue me is why Shepard wants and needs him.  

Reade and Zapata?  Is it just me or was Zapata leading Reade on in this episode?  She acted all upset when he kissed her, but she was giving him more signals than an Air Traffic Controller.  She refuses to give up on him, hiding evidence, won't leave his side when he's in the hospital, takes him home, tends to him, sits close to him . . . what is the guy suppose to think?  I have NO problem with them remaining platonic friends, but Reade was not in the wrong, imo, for thinking there was something going on with them.  I thought so too.  That being said, it doesn't interest me.

Okay, now the good stuff:

Roman.  Man, I am liking this guy more and more, and kudos to Luke Mitchell for really running the gamut of emotions in the mid-season premiere.  At first, Roman is confused and suspicious of Jane when he comes to in her car realizing he's been shot.  He then fights with her and jumps out of a moving car and then fights with her some more.  Later on when he finally answers his phone, he's funny about where he is and trying to explain it to her.  He's hungry and that's all that matters.  When he is in the diner and interacting with that little girl, I was nervous.  I wasn't sure what he was going to do, especially when he tensed up on the fork, but he got his emotions under control and started to talk with her.  When his Jason Borne spidey senses kicked in with the arrival of about half a dozen terrorists, he instructs the waitress to get her child and get out.  That is a clear signal to me that Roman's instincts are not to get innocent people killed - which is what terrorists tend to do.  I don't think he's instinctively a bad guy without a memory.  Anyway, he kicked ass even with a gunshot wound and having jumped out of a moving car (contrast that with Weller getting beaten by the team psychiatrist - like I said, I feel bad for Sullivan).  Roman was great in that fight scene and surrendered to Jane and Weller, but he was soon in handcuffs.  The scene where that CIA guy is showing him all the dead FBI agents was really well done.  Mitchell was really good in showing Roman's confusion and then his devastation of what he is with that tear rolling down his cheek (Dean Winchester would be proud).  The episode ended with Roman huddled in a ball in his cell having horrific flashbacks to an abusive childhood, and all I felt like doing was holding him.  So from badass fighter, to confused sibling, to angry captive, to broken child - it was a great showing of Roman's layers and complexity as a character.  More please.

Patterson, God love her.  I wasn't surprised she was shot, but I'm surprised that they had her be brought to Shepard.  I just feel that's a big move, but then again, Shepherd wanted to know what the FBI had learned from Roman, if anything.  I thought Patterson played it well.  She was defiant but clearly frightened, and Borden clearly cares about her.  He was upset when he saw she was shot, and he refused to kill her in the end.  That being said, he's not a good guy.  He allowed the torture - but then again, the FBI is more than fine with turning over someone to the CIA to be tortured as well.  So there are plenty of gray areas on both sides.  I like that.  I feel bad for Patterson when you think about what she's been through, and I'm hoping she has some happiness in future episodes, but I'm glad she's alive.  I still feel that - way down the road - that Roman and her would make a good pairing.  I just hope the show is picked up for another season, and if they focus on Roman, Jane, Patterson, and get rid of the other two useless women in Weller's life and refocus the character of Weller back to season one norms, the show will be in good shape.

I enjoyed the show last night.  It had much more good stuff than bad for me.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 7

Damn, so not only is Borden truly a mole of Sandstorm, he was hiding some apparently badass fighting skills too.  Weller was so not prepared for that.  I'm sure if he was, he would have won (like this show would make Weller lesser in anyway), but it was a fun surprising watching Borden thwart him for now.  Not sure what the plan for the character is now though.  He clearly didn't want to kill Patterson, so he isn't fully Team Shepherd, but he's already done too much to ever come back to the FBI.

Glad Patterson pulled through.  And I'm not surprised that she would still be working on the case even from the hospital bed.  Again though, I don't see her dating for a while, considering the bad streak she's on (poor Daniel.)

Speaking of potentially dating, they really went there with Reade and Zapata, huh?  I guess we can't ever have a close friendship between a man and a woman in TV Land.  Sigh....

Glad that Jane's decision to erase Roman's memory is already causing consequences and getting pushback.  I get why she did it, but it was an emotional decision, and will likely cause problems further down the line as well.  Roman will so discover the truth on his own and it will get ugly.

Not sure how Weller has the pull with the Director to have him cave and let both Roman and Nas stay.  It's not like he's been that great at his job.  Speaking of the Director, it's been a while since I've seen Dylan Baker, but he suddenly looks much older now.  All those slimy characters he is playing is doing a number on him!

• Love 2

The last scene with Shepherd and Borden/Niguel made it seem like Patterson's rescue was all planned. I think they planted a bug on her while she was unconscious and purposely sent her back to the FBI to unknowingly give Sandstorm intel they wanted. I think Borden convinced Shepherd not to kill Patterson. It seems like the torture and almost killing her were all for show.

The writing is so off. Some characters are written well and others not so much.

I'm with Patterson on the whole Chris would be shocked and horrified at the monster Borden has become.

What is up with all the main characters having super human healing powers and strength? Patterson survived being hit with a pipe with no intracranial hemorrhage, concussion, or black eye? Weller, Zapata and Jane survive a pretty bad car crash AND can still kick ass? Next week Weller is going to survive another bomb going off? Seriously, how many bombs, explosions and beatings can Weller receive and not get hurt?

Zapata being distrustful of Jane is so dumb. Zapata has committed many serious crimes all in the name of friendship.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, snuffles said:

Zapata being distrustful of Jane is so dumb. Zapata has committed many serious crimes all in the name of friendship.

I said the same thing earlier in the season. Her bitchy attitude is grating on me. She blames everything on Jane. Whats next is she gonna start blaming her if she has a bad hair day or something.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, slf said:

More thoughts later but I howled when Borden cuffed Weller's arm to his leg. Oh, Weller. You are so often useless.

OMG, this cracked me up as well! I think he was a little shocked that Borden was such a badass fighter

Jane and Roman are the best part of the show right now.  I really hope he survives.  Couldn't care less about Borden, he can die any time. 

Zapata disliking Jane is getting old.  She's such a hypocrite.  Just a season ago, she was getting ready to betray the FBI and the team to Tom Carter because of her gambling debt issue.  Now she's the one distrusting everyone?  Pffftt.

I think that FBI Director is crooked and part of Sandstorm.  He caved in way too easily to Weller's ultimatum.  Plus, it's Dylan Baker.  Dylan Baker seems to always play a shady creep.  I can't stand anything about him, his look, and particularly, his voice.

• Love 1

At this point in the season, and especially for a winter premiere, I'm realizing more and more that the reason I'm not enjoying this show as much anymore is that there's so little of Jane. I mean, she's there, but she's playing something of a supportive role. Last year she was the heart and soul of the show. Now... again, she's just kind of there. Kicking ass, I guess. But the drama has all gone elsewhere - at least as far as the show seems to give a damn. Jane's been through such hell and horror, and she's living in a situation no one else in the world ever has (essentially, anyway), and if this season was more like last season, we'd be getting some insight into her state of mind. We used to get to see her dealing with everything she was going through. But the closest we ever really get this season is seeing her feelings about Roman. 

This season, it's all about Reade, and Weller, and Patterson, and Roman. I've read interviews with the show runner about this season, and the vast majority of what he has to say has nothing to do with Jane. He's so interested in playing the hell out of Reade's I-may-have-been-abused storyline, and Weller's stories with both Allie and Sandstorm, and Patterson's recovery from this whole situation, and Roman's ongoing arc. And you know, fine. I love pretty well all the characters on this show (yes, even Weller). I know I've complained about Zapata (she really IS a massive hypocrite) but I actually kind of adore her - I'm just waiting for her to get her head on straight. It's not that I don't want to spend some real time with all of these characters - it's just that I feel, in a weird way, like I miss Jane. It's like they spent a season getting me invested in one thing and then said "Let me show you something else". 

On another note, the method of torture for Patterson was so weird that I agree with the people who think there may have been something planted - I would guess they put a bug in her ear. I suspect we'll spend several episodes getting deep into Patterson's trauma and betrayal - I beg of this show to find some way to spend some real time with Jane, too. Is bonding over torture a thing? I'd take it. 

• Love 1
On 1/7/2017 at 7:47 PM, Mack said:

At this point in the season, and especially for a winter premiere, I'm realizing more and more that the reason I'm not enjoying this show as much anymore is that there's so little of Jane. I mean, she's there, but she's playing something of a supportive role.

I agree that Jane isn't the focal point in season two, but I don't think that's a bad thing.  I think there is a danger of making the show all about one person while the rest of the characters remain in the background.  I've seen shows suffer from too much of one character.  I think the addition of Roman has been very good for the character of Jane because with him around, we CAN see Jane's pov, and she actually has someone who can empathize with her situation.  The rest of the FBI team can't begin to imagine what Jane has been through, but Roman can.   It creates a conflict of loyalty between her love for her brother and her love for the FBI team, and I think you need that in this type of show.  I think Jane is a fantastic character, but I also like Roman and Patterson.  So for me, the more I see of the three of them, the better.  The bigger issue, I think, is that the writers don't know what to do with Zapata, Read, and Nas.  So for them, they are creating melodrama that is completely unnecessary.  THAT is what is hurting that aspect of the show.  I also would like to see them focus Weller back on Jane and get rid of Nas and his baby mama.  Can anyone explain to me the reason the baby mama (sorry, can't remember her name) even exists on the show?  What is her purpose?  What is the purpose of her even being pregnant with Weller's child?  It makes Weller seem all over the place - too many women.  

All the show has to do is focus on Jane and her relationships to Roman and Weller and them to her.  Put Patterson in as well (I still think she and Roman would be good together eventually), and then put the supporting cast in supporting roles and drop the melodrama.  I think that would be a good start.  Overall, however, I am not unhappy with the show as of late.  

Edited by Bishop

Kuddos to whoever decided to bring Roman into the frame and then cast Luke Mitchell for the part. In-show zipping Roman was a monumentally bad decision (though I don't know how an unzipped Roman would have escaped a CIA black-site) but from a narrative perspective it sets a whole lot of drama into motion that is entertaining (and stressful) to watch.

I've probably enjoyed Borden winning the fight against Weller a tad too much. Speaking of Weller: his last scene with Patterson was very good - I wish we'd get more of that guy instead of angry barking neck-beard.

• Love 3
On 1/4/2017 at 10:30 PM, twoods said:

Im actually not mad that they went there with Reade and Zapata, and can see myself rooting for these crazy kids to be happy together. With how worried she was about him, I thought she was in love with him but maybe she's just scared after he kissed her. 

I think if Reade hadn't busted out that decidedly unromantic explanation of "It just makes sense," Zapata's reaction might've been different. But he did make it sound like he was just settling for her because she's the one who's there, as opposed to really wanting to be with her. As for her, I don't get the sense that she's had thoughts like this about him before, but it could have just been a compartmentalization "he's my partner" thing. She didn't seem unwilling to see him in a different light, but she needed a lot more than "It just makes sense" to take that risk in changing their dynamic from best friends to lovers.

I was rolling my eyes at Zapata once again being on an anti-Jane kick, but when the SUV rolled over, her first thought was to rush to see if Jane was okay, and to help her out. She's all over the map when it comes to Jane.

Roman, being a man who is already known to have committed various crimes, including murdering people, is of course getting treated differently after his memory wipe than Jane was. Jane really should have recognized that would happen.

This show loves to torment me with the idea of bad things happening to Patterson, and tease me with the idea that Weller might die. But of course Weller has Plot Armor. Sandstorm needs him for the endgame! Okay, whatever. It did seem like the writers pulled back on Weller somewhat - as MissLucas pointed out, he was very good with Patterson in the end (not that the writers should take that as a cue to have Patterson fall for him too, please), but he also wasn't nearly as shouty during the rest of the episode, either.

I loved Patterson getting under Shepherd's skin. And it carried the bonus of Shepherd getting so mad that she knocked Patterson out - you can't get tortured if you're unconscious, after all.

19 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I was rolling my eyes at Zapata once again being on an anti-Jane kick, but when the SUV rolled over, her first thought was to rush to see if Jane was okay, and to help her out. She's all over the map when it comes to Jane.

It just seems like they need Someone on the team to be The Skeptic, and it fell to Zapata.

• Love 1
On 2017-01-08 at 11:26 AM, Bishop said:

I agree that Jane isn't the vocal point in season two, but I don't think that's a bad thing.  I think there is a danger of making the show all about one person while the rest of the characters remain in the background.  I've seen shows suffer from too much of one character.

There's truth to that in general, although I'd argue that it's more true in a show that's built to be an ensemble, rather than a show that's conceived to revolve around a central character. But even if you're right, a show can (and maybe should) expand the roles of the other characters without putting that central character on the back burner.

I think the addition of Roman has been very good for the character of Jane because with him around, we CAN see Jane's pov, and she actually has someone who can empathize with her situation.

I don't feel like he's helped us see her POV much, except when it comes to how she feels about him, and even then, mostly when she's talking to other people about him. 

On 2017-01-08 at 10:07 PM, Black Knight said:

My first thought at that scene was that it was just lazy writing, because it seemed like the writers just needed an excuse to delay them getting into that building. I don't really believe that any of them, save MAYBE Weller, would have worried about Jane's trapped leg rather than getting to Patterson. Jane herself should have been yelling at them to go without her. 

That said, I think Zapata was also the one yelling to Jane about whether she was okay when they found her running through the woods a few episodes ago. So maybe we're supposed to think that Zapata still cares, somewhere under all the animosity. 

All the show has to do is focus on Jane and her relationships to Roman and Weller and them to her.

To each their own. Patterson and Zapata are the top of my list, after Jane. 

On 2017-01-05 at 1:12 AM, omgsowicked said:

I don't recall anything about Zapata's dating history but did anyone else get "she's not into dudes" vibes there?

You know, it IS curious that we've seen significant romantic relationships for every other member of the team, and absolutely zilch on Zapata. You never know. Hell, maybe she was secretly in love with Mayfair. It would explain a lot. (I'm mostly kidding. Mostly.) 

On 6/1/2017 at 0:03 AM, calipiano81 said:

Nobody knowing Patterson's first name is supposed to be an ongoing quirk for Blindspot, but I groaned when Borden, who she has been dating and sleeping with, said "Goodbye...Patterson" before he escaped.

The secret is that Patterson's first name is also Patterson. 

• Love 3
On 1/10/2017 at 0:25 AM, Mack said:

I don't feel like he's helped us see her POV much, except when it comes to how she feels about him, and even then, mostly when she's talking to other people about him. 

What I like about the Roman/Jane relationship is that it contrasts the two characters, showing how they are similar and how they are different.  Jane is actually the one who is the more deadly.  I've read the writers/producers say that Roman is SO dangerous and deadly and kills easily, and that there is the whole nurture/nature thing, but Jane is actually the character that is prone to killing.  I feel like the writers forget what they write sometimes.  In the "rabbit storyline" that Roman and Jane discussed, Jane had zero problem snapping her rabbit's neck.  It was Roman that couldn't do it.  So that tells me that HE is the one that is less prone to killing, and that Jane is more of a natural.  Jane was also fine with zipping her memory and sacrificing her relationship with Roman for the cause while Roman was the one that was unhappy about the decision.  If you really contrast the two siblings, Jane is the true terrorist and seems to be able to adapt to that lifestyle much more readily than Roman.  It's why Shephard favors her as an asset and was so hard on Roman.  

Now all that being said, Shepard brainwashed and abused both her adopted children to turn them into terrorists.  For Jane, it was an easier fit while Roman struggled.  In the end, both siblings joined Sandstorm and became lethal assets.  However, once their memories were wiped, including their horrific abuse at the orphanage, you get to see that they are scared and horrified at their actions - once they were confronted with that reality.  I don't get why the FBI treats Jane like a lesser terrorist than her brother.  Yes, we know he killed several police officers when we first met him, but I'm pretty sure that Jane's past is equally as violent.  We just never saw it.  

I find the above discussions and conflicts about Roman and Jane very intriguing, and it helps me to get to know Jane more as a result.  I need that backstory, and Roman provides it.  I also like that Jane isn't perfect and good either.  She's a dangerous woman capable of horrible things.  We just haven't been show it by the writers, at least not the way they showed it about Roman.  Remember when Roman just shot that guy in the woods when he was testing Jane about killing him?  I have ZERO doubt that Jane would have killed that guy in a nanosecond had she still had her memory.   Yet she was horrified when Roman did it.  My point is that she doesn't remember what she did as a Sandstorm terrorist, but that doesn't mean she wasn't an effective one.  That's why Jane chose to erase Roman's memory (and I happen to love the zipping of Roman's memory).  She knows she became a better person with her memory zipped, and she wants the same for Roman.  She knows her brother is a good person, but he has too much baggage.  Either way, though, I don't see how Jane gets a pass for her past actions by the FBI, but Roman is somehow punished.  That's a double-standard.  I'm still okay with it, however, because it's great drama.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2

Roman and Jane are selling the hell out of their connection but Jane seems to be deluding herself about how well things can possibly work out with that. I'm also a bit surprised the FBI Director or whatever he is was content for her to go free so easily. They don't really have much beyond Jane's word early in this episode to say she wasn't leading them into a trap to thin the herd before Sandstorm attacked.

On 05/01/2017 at 6:12 AM, omgsowicked said:

Borden (or rather, Nigel) clearly cares about Patterson (loved her sass in this episode) but when he did the classic Evil Guy Smirk at Weller in the woods, I was so upset, haha. He still seems to think he's on the right side of things and I have to say, I still don't know who's "right". I think both sides are right and wrong. I'm surprised Shepherd didn't kill Borden but perhaps she believed he had to escape before he could complete the job. To be honest, though, Shepherd seemed especially stupid in this episode, mainly so the heroes had time to rescue Patterson. If I remember correctly, Sandstorm used books to send messages before, so it's cool that they're bringing it back again.

For me, the big problem so far with S2 is that the writing for Shepherd is all over the place. It would be a more interesting show if her plan for setting the world to rights didn't involve acting like a sociopath who has a weird obsession with getting people to repeatedly kill everyone they love. And after last episode established that so convincingly, I found it hard to believe that she didn't do worse to Patterson. Unless there's going to be a twist that Borden bugged her/implanted some explosive device ala Alias or something when he did his patchup of her gunshot wound (another serious looking wound on TV that barely registers with the character who got shot).

On 05/01/2017 at 5:46 AM, Trini said:

Weller: "If he goes, I go!"
Me: "Bye!!"

But seriously, the FBI Director(?) caving to Weller made no sense at all. And he's important to Sandstorm somehow? Ugh, right. Sure.

On one hand, I'm glad Borden isn't dead, but I'm surprised he survived the episode after letting Patterson get tortured. His fight with Weller was cool -- even though it's pretty unbelievable he won that. Stunts are one of the few things this show has going for it.

Oh look, mind-wiping Roman was just as dumb as I thought it would be.

So, they might be going there with Reade and Zapata? I'm 50/50 on whether they'd work as more than friends.

Yeah, is the FBI Director Sandstorm or something? Because Weller is freaking terrible at his job.

Edited by Beatriceblake

Show, this episode was a clear lesson for TPTB: if you want us to care about the "Cast Member in Peril" if the week, make it somebody we care about. Torture Beardy all you like and I won't care: torture Patterson and I will be going "Stop! Please don't hurt her!" and given she's not the "Main character", there was even a chance she could die (I thought it was unlikely, but not impossible). But she was pretty damn awesome: tough in the face of torture but compose enough to work on Borden (who was believably conflicted. So glad she was OK(ish) by the end.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:12 AM, omgsowicked said:

Shepherd seemed especially stupid in this episode, mainly so the heroes had time to rescue Patterson.

It's like she' read the Evil Overlord list and is determined to follow it!

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, snuffles said:

I think they planted a bug on her while she was unconscious and purposely sent her back to the FBI to unknowingly give Sandstorm intel they wanted.

That would be devious & brilliant - so it's never going to happen

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:18 AM, slf said:

I howled when Borden cuffed Weller's arm to his leg

You & me both!

On 8/1/2017 at 0:47 AM, Mack said:

At this point in the season, and especially for a winter premiere, I'm realizing more and more that the reason I'm not enjoying this show as much anymore is that there's so little of Jane. I mean, she's there, but she's playing something of a supportive role. Last year she was the heart and soul of the show. Now... again, she's just kind of there. Kicking ass, I guess. But the drama has all gone elsewhere - at least as far as the show seems to give a damn. Jane's been through such hell and horror, and she's living in a situation no one else in the world ever has (essentially, anyway), and if this season was more like last season, we'd be getting some insight into her state of mind. We used to get to see her dealing with everything she was going through. But the closest we ever really get this season is seeing her feelings about Roman. 

This season, it's all about Reade, and Weller, and Patterson, and Roman. I've read interviews with the show runner about this season, and the vast majority of what he has to say has nothing to do with Jane. He's so interested in playing the hell out of Reade's I-may-have-been-abused storyline, and Weller's stories with both Allie and Sandstorm, and Patterson's recovery from this whole situation, and Roman's ongoing arc. And you know, fine. I love pretty well all the characters on this show (yes, even Weller). I know I've complained about Zapata (she really IS a massive hypocrite) but I actually kind of adore her - I'm just waiting for her to get her head on straight. It's not that I don't want to spend some real time with all of these characters - it's just that I feel, in a weird way, like I miss Jane. It's like they spent a season getting me invested in one thing and then said "Let me show you something else". 

On another note, the method of torture for Patterson was so weird that I agree with the people who think there may have been something planted - I would guess they put a bug in her ear. I suspect we'll spend several episodes getting deep into Patterson's trauma and betrayal - I beg of this show to find some way to spend some real time with Jane, too. Is bonding over torture a thing? I'd take it. 

I'm pretty sure that Patterson would have been given a head x-ray or two once brought to the hospital so it's unlikely that something could have been implanted that wouldn't be found. (Or am I expecting too much accuracy from the show!)

Re Zapata being so snippy with Jane, remember she's just seen twelve of her colleagues killed and her best friend seriously injured, and while Jane didn't pull a trigger, she wasn't able to stop it. I don't think it's too unreasonable for Zapata to take it out on Jane, at least in the immediate aftermath. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

I'm pretty sure that Patterson would have been given a head x-ray or two once brought to the hospital so it's unlikely that something could have been implanted that wouldn't be found. (Or am I expecting too much accuracy from the show!)

I think we are giving the writers too much credit. I am still hoping there's a bug in Patterson. "Nikita" did it twice and in an awesome manner.

• Love 1