Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Jingle Bell Glock

Holiday celebrations are cut short when the precinct is called to examine a homicide linked to the deranged nephew of a drug lord who has ties to Riggs; Murtaugh has a problem with his neighbor's excessive holiday decorations.

There are a variety of reasons to stop watching a show — everything from boredom to gratuitous violence — but this may be the first show I quit because of hair (Riggs').

But the ME's voice might keep me for awhile longer. Is his name really Scorsese??

About the episode: The adorable baby had a fabulous outfit in the last scene.

Edited by shapeshifter
Missing apostrophe
  • Love 1

I thought this episode was the best yet.  I loved the flashback scenes with Riggs and Miranda.  I thought they were very well done and showed in a few moments two people very much in love.  

The case itself was also good.  I thought the best scene was Riggs and Murtaugh going to club to confront the bad guy that first time and just did their thing.  I loved when Murtaugh pretended to be all nervous "I've never been this close to a psychopath before".

i also liked that Murtaugh rescued Trish on his own.  That the two of them worked together and took out the guy holding her hostage.  It was a good few scenes.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 10

Ok I liked it but... of all the episodes for the doctor NOT to appear... they choose this one?  It almost feels like malpractice for her not to be there for Riggs 1st xmas. 

I liked that Riggs was basically the same person when he met Miranda. 

• Love 4

Okay, I have to share with someone, so it's you.

While watching the show last night, I thought (given that this is Lethal Weapon and all), that Roger was going to drive the Maserati straight into his house to create a diversion so he could take out the bad guy.

Well, lo and behold, at some time last night someone did drive a Maserati into someone's house here in Atlanta. But no, the person's name wasn't Roger Murtaugh. And the car was blue, not yellow.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Well, lo and behold, at some time last night someone did drive a Maserati into someone's house here in Atlanta. But no, the person's name wasn't Roger Murtaugh. And the car was blue, not yellow.

Life only imitates AMC!!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Why was the balcony railing so beat up if the victim was picked up and dropped? Guess they waited for the Amanda Hunsacker homage and the accident / murder reveal.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
(edited)

This iteration of Riggs and Murtaugh default undercover mode is gay-ish. When the series returns from hiatus, hope there will be "Cops On Film2 snaps up!!! Note to Millennials: Google "In Living Color"

Edited by paigow
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

There are a variety of reasons to stop watching a show — everything from boredom to gratuitous violence — but this may be the first show I quit because of hair (Riggs').

I'm still thinking 'Intelligence' tanked because of Holloway's hair. And I so hope season 2 of 'The Expanse' will feature Thomas Jane with a different hair-cut (small hope because the annoying hair is supposed to be a cultural trait.)

Great episode though I also thought the shrink's absence was odd. But Trish being awesomely cool around the cartel hitman made up for that (and whilst not in the spirit of the season I enjoyed her kicking him once she had removed his gun). I loved the flashbacks - Miranda pranking Riggs with the Christmas sweater was a clever way to give us some idea about their relationship and what her death did to Riggs.

Who was cartel big bad talking to in the end? And was he talking about Riggs when he said 'keep him on a short leash'. Apparently we just got our big villain and some main arc which was easy to miss thanks to the overload of cuteness that is baby Murtaugh.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Who was cartel big bad talking to in the end? And was he talking about Riggs when he said 'keep him on a short leash'.

I am pretty sure he was talking about Riggs; telling whoever it was to keep Riggs on a short leash made it sound like it was a higher-up in the police.  If so, I hope it's not their immediate boss - I like him.

44 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Who was cartel big bad talking to in the end? And was he talking about Riggs when he said 'keep him on a short leash'. Apparently we just got our big villain and some main arc which was easy to miss thanks to the overload of cuteness that is baby Murtaugh.

That is the big mystery.  Cartel guy said Riggs "wasn't that important" but he paused before saying it like he was trying to find the right thing to say and he didn't say anything about Miranda or her father who is Rigg's bosses boss.  He may be THAT important.  Or the whole "lady shrink is Riggs future love interest" might be the red herring of all red herrings.

• Love 2

I loved this episode. I laughed so many times. Trish is awesome and I love her relationship with Roger.

Riggs and Murtaugh's partnership continues to amuse me. I loved them at the club upon meeting the drug cartel guy. So amusing. And the scene where Murtaugh is trying to get Riggs to put the gun down in his trailer and that look of relief that crosses his face when Riggs does.

Amazing, so much love for this show. I want a Season 2 and 4 and 5.

• Love 6

I am pretty sure he was talking about Riggs; telling whoever it was to keep Riggs on a short leash made it sound like it was a higher-up in the police.  If so, I hope it's not their immediate boss - I like him.

I was actually wondering if the cartel man was speaking to Riggs' father in law during that conversation. It was be a shocking twist, to have Miranda's father in on it (whatever 'it' is).

• Love 7
9 hours ago, emma675 said:

I was actually wondering if the cartel man was speaking to Riggs' father in law during that conversation. It was be a shocking twist, to have Miranda's father in on it (whatever 'it' is).

My thought as well since we've already seen that he's in Riggs' chain of command. So unless the show introduces a new character with the mission of keeping Riggs on a short leash (which would be super obvious) I'm guessing Miranda's father was the one on the other end of that phone call. It certainly wouldn't be Captain Brooks because if he was told to keep Riggs on a short leash we would have heard the howls of protest. And the shrink would have to get the leash on him first.

It also occurs to me that an autopsy report could theoretically be sanitized or changed by someone high enough up the ladder.

On 12/9/2016 at 5:02 AM, Chaos Theory said:

That is the big mystery.  Cartel guy said Riggs "wasn't that important" but he paused before saying it like he was trying to find the right thing to say and he didn't say anything about Miranda or her father who is Rigg's bosses boss.  He may be THAT important.  Or the whole "lady shrink is Riggs future love interest" might be the red herring of all red herrings.

17 hours ago, emma675 said:

I have a different theory. I think the drug "lord" was speaking to his henchmen to keep an eye on Riggs and give him a short leash. But I thought it was interesting that he said that Riggs wasn't important enough to kill Miranda off. Because Miranda's not just Riggs's wife, she's also the DA's daughter. So I do think Riggs's father-in-law is involved, but as the man whom the cartel was trying to send a message to / take revenge on. 

• Love 11

Man do I love this show. I think this is the episode we needed for awhile, an episode that really SHOWS the love between Miranda and Riggs so we better understand his state of mind and how it still haunts him all this time. Their first meeting was really cute.

• Love 3

I don't think anyone "got to" Scorsese.  I think he might have found a thread he knew if Riggs pulled would send him on a spiral he might never come out of.  Sometimes you do things with the best of intentions especially when your friend is spinning out.

I pretty much loved this episode. I thought the pacing was really good, and Murtaugh's and Riggs's storylines meshed really well.

I especially got a kick out of Murtaugh's "threatening" flossing gesture, and Riggs's "fair enough" when he saw it. LOL. And the baby's outfit at the end. That baby is just the cutest.

The showdown with Trish at the end was pretty great. I liked how smart she was, and how well she and Murtaugh worked as a team. And it was just nice that Trish finally had some time to shine. I think she could be a really cool character if they gave her more to do -- but in due time, I guess.

I also liked that they DIDN'T get the son a car, and that they didn't even really seem to consider getting him a car. Even though the show made Murtaugh's family fabulously wealthy for some reason (still don't really understand why), hopefully the family will stay reasonably down to earth otherwise. I mean, one of the best things about them is that they're sane and normal, even though (or really, especially since) everything else about the show is so over the top.

Anyway, Riggs's storyline was also awesome. I really loved seeing the flashbacks -- especially getting a chance to see when Riggs and Miranda first met, because it's clear now why Miranda coming into his life changed everything for him. My favorite moment was when she lit up his teeny tiny Christmas tree and said that it really brightened up the place, and he looked at her like he was just delighted. Very sweet. But it was also kind of funny AND kind of disturbing that apparently how Riggs is now is how he's been for most of his life, and it was just the time he spent with Miranda that was the big anomaly? If that's the case, then I can completely see why he's so devastated by her death and why he can barely function. I mean, I guess he was barely functioning even before, so he's going back to his old tricks, but now with tons of grief on top of it? Sheesh.

Also, I thought everything worked a lot better without the doctor there. Having her gone made me realize how much I'd rather watch the rest of the cast interact with each other without her acting as some unnecessary intermediary, and I'd much rather see what's going on with Riggs through flashbacks or just by watching what he does when he's on his own. She's an OK character and all, but IMO she's unnecessary and gets in the way.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:12 AM, romantic idiot said:

So I do think Riggs's father-in-law is involved, but as the man whom the cartel was trying to send a message to / take revenge on. 

Why would it be helpful to the cartel to murder the DA's daughter, though? I can see them threatening her, but to actually kill her? It seems counterproductive.

What would be terrible is if Miranda herself were involved in anything. Maybe Riggs wasn't that important, but Miranda was? I really don't think that's going to be the case -- but out of everyone involved, I would suspect her the most of being the one mixed up with some bad stuff, since she's the one who (supposedly) had a hit taken out on her.

Murdering a woman on her way to the hospital to give birth is SO low, too, though. I really don't think that was a hit. Miranda very well might have gotten mixed up with shady people, but to assassinate her while she was in labor seems pretty extreme even so.

I also don't get the sense that Miranda was at all shady, or that her relationship with Riggs was anything but genuine...although who knows. And now I'm seeing that thing of her letting him chat her up in a bar on Xmas Eve in a whole new light! LOL. I guess him "coincidentally" meeting her in that random bar on Xmas Eve and managing to chat her up could be suspicious, or too good to be true or something, if you think about it cynically.

I hope not, though -- I thought they were really sweet together.

Anyway, really, I think Riggs was just wanting to find some logic or reason for why she died, so he was clutching at straws.

• Love 3

I'm not sure Murtaugh's family is "fabulously wealthy".  Even in the movies they had a nice lifestyle that was kind of the point.  In the series they explain it better.  Trish is a lawyer so I can see her being able to afford a nice lifestyle that allows Murtaugh to do what he loves and not worry so much about money.

• Love 2

The Murtaugh family wasn't fabulously wealthy in the movies until LW4, in which it is revealed that the reason Roger was carrying around a Very Large Roll Of Cash was because Trish had become a best-selling romance novel writer (or bodice-ripper novel writer, big bucks either way).  In Show, Roger is a cop with probably twenty years or more and Trish is a lawyer.  Probably not a $$$$ per hour lawyer, but definitely $$$ per hour.  And they weren't hurting for money, or Roger could have taken disability and found something less physical to do....

Gotta say, when the girl hit the car I was a little disappointed as I had hoped that part of the movies wouldn't be carried over.  But it was, and now I'm going to settle back and play Find The Movie Callback.

On 12/13/2016 at 3:35 PM, kassygreene said:

But it was, and now I'm going to settle back and play Find The Movie Callback.

Wait for the subway platform shootout...construction site shootout...Murtaugh house blowing up / on fire

On 12/20/2016 at 10:55 AM, paigow said:

Wait for the subway platform shootout...construction site shootout...Murtaugh house blowing up / on fire

A bomb attached to Murtaugh's toilet. I should be better at this - I watched all three movies, a few months ago. 

On 1/5/2017 at 5:49 AM, Anela said:

A bomb attached to Murtaugh's toilet. I should be better at this - I watched all three movies, a few months ago. 

The house burned down in #4...Jet Li tied everyone up and started a fire 

5 hours ago, paigow said:

The house burned down in #4...Jet Li tied everyone up and started a fire 

There was a fourth one? How did I forget that? They only had three on amazon, last October. 

2 hours ago, Anela said:

There was a fourth one? How did I forget that? They only had three on amazon, last October. 

Yep, four movies in total, complete with feel-good hijinx, probably because those involved figured it was the end.

• Love 1