Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E31: Top 7 Results

• Start Topic

Boy, is JLo growing more and more desperate, or what?  Ridiculous skirt.  

So long as CJ and Sam are outta here in the next two weeks, I'm ok with Dexter going tonight.  To me, Dexter is the most performance-ready of these.  

I want a Caleb/Alex final.  Pretty sure I'll get at least one of these.

• Love 3

I always feel bad at this point for the person leaving. Tough to guess at this point who will be the next to go. 

Dexter sounded good in his last song….he seems like a really nice guy.

• Love 3

JLo looked HORRIBLE. Really, at this point, it's becoming shameful. She's a gorgeous woman and can look amazing without her crotch about to be exposed at any given moment. Get a clue and dress like a normal human.

Those post-performance dinner sequences are painful to watch. I'm surprised we didn't see the contestants reading off a teleprompter.

I'm fine with Dexter going. No big deal. 

• Love 2

Someone remind JLo to wear pants next week. No one wants to see your fish whistle JLo. Speaking of, why is Ryan pretending he's into JLo so hard lately. Can he not find a new beard or does he think she might give him a job when a idol gets canceled?

Dexter is a competent enough country singer, but can't say I've ever been excited to see what he'd sing next. Looking like Jessica, CJ & Sam have similar sized fan bases, since their trips to b3/b2 actually seem to correspond to their weekly performances.

Guessing we're headed towards a Jena/Caleb/Alex final 3.

• Love 1

I'm fine with Dexter leaving. He has been on my personal "should go" list for the past few weeks, but I figured that the good ol' boy country voting bloc would keep him around for a while longer. Technically, I suppose that Jessica should have been the one leaving, but the busing was so blatant that I'm kind of glad to see that it backfired on them, at least a little bit. She was nowhere near as bad as they made her out to be last night, but yet she sort of brings, on the average, less to the competition more consistently, if that makes sense. Some of the others have certainly had worse performances than she has, yet they have also had weeks where they redeemed themselves, while she has maintained a pretty consistent level of mediocrity. I suspect that if they had not tried so hard to back the bus over her last night she would have naturally fallen to last place. But between feeling a certain gratification at the failure of the blatant manipulation and getting Dexter's face off my tee-vee, I'm happy with the result.

As much as I think the judges were spot on about Jessica last night and don't really agree with those who say she was "picked on" or "bussed" or whatever, I don't think she was B2 worthy. CJ should have been there with Dexter and probably should have gone home, just based on overall body of work. If we're basing it purely on last night's performances, the B2 is probably correct, especially with Dexter, and with Dexter going home, but I feel like at this point it should be based on overall body of work. CJ managed to have 1 good performance out of 6. He doesn't get a pat on the back for that. Tonight just solidifies to me that Vote For the Worst is still alive and kicking around somewhere because I still don't get how he's lasted this long. Even those who only like him for his "likability" wouldn't stand his pitch issues for this many weeks and allow him to outlast better contestants.

I wasn't much a fan of Dexter, but Lucky Man was one of my favorite performances of the whole season. If he had just sung more ballads, he probably could have lasted way longer.

• Love 2

My complaint is about Jlo's dress and boots too. She is definitely gorgeous, but that outfit was horrendous!

I was fine with Dexter leaving, but surprised it wasn't CJ.

I love this flirty side of Ryan with Jlo. Its cute.

Dear God just get that JenaNotGina off my screen.

We only get a certain amount of wishes like that in life.  So I'll reserve mine for "Get Randy Jackson off my screen"!!!

• Love 3

CJ making the Top 5 would just confirm that this has been a lousy season.  At least the other 5 can actually sing, even if only Caleb and Jena are capable of doing more than standing (or sitting) behind a mike stand.

My rankings at this point are:

1. Jena
2. Caleb
3. Alex
4. Jessica
5. Sam
6. CJ

Edited by viajero

CJ making the Top 5 would just confirm that this has been a lousy season.  At least the other 5 can actually sing, even if only Caleb and Jena are capable of doing more than standing (or sitting) behind a mike stand.

My rankings at this point are:

1. Jena

2. Caleb

3. Alex

4. Jessica

5. Sam

6. CJ

I'd agree with that ranking, except I actually think Jessica is, under certain circumstances, capable of a fairly decent performance (whereas Sam and CJ are just wastes of space).

Also, for all his skill, Caleb still cleaves a bit too much to theatrics and cheese.  I might at times put Alex above him, except at other times Alex (for all his apparent prodigy-like musicianship and arrangement skill) often slides too much into a standard Jason Mraz clone.

I'm also glad that JLO wasn't rewarded for yet again trying to screw over a female contestant.

Maybe there's something in her contract that Jennifer Lopez will be the last woman standing on the show. After they get rid of Jessica, she'll be gunning for Jena.

• Love 1

As if it's not enough that the viewers are required to admire Jennifer's reactions for a long time during each performance, now they've started working those close-ups into the Results show too, by way of inserting them into the splitscreen recaps of the previous night!  I have seen enough of JLo's face quivering with emotion, her eyes misty and glowing or narrowed in wise "judgment" to last a lifetime.   It's turned into the JLo show.   And why has Seabiscuit started fawning over her so lustfully?  Is she so conceited or insecure that she needs this sort of thing all the time?  It's annoying and sad. 

• Love 1

Did the AI editors tip their hand last night?  I was half watching, half reading a book, but did they show Jessica or Dexter saying anything when they had their post show sliders last night?  I told Mr. Burg that they were the bottom two based on that alone.  Well, that and lukewarm performances the previous day.

And watching desperate (no other word to describe that terrible outfit) JLo mouthing the words "They got it right" when Jessica was announced in the bottom two was pretty obnoxious.  I really think that Jessica is so over this nonsense, she doesn't allow herself to show any emotions over it.  Not quite dead in the eyes like MK, but we're approaching that level.

And watching desperate (no other word to describe that terrible outfit) JLo mouthing the words "They got it right" when Jessica was announced in the bottom two was pretty obnoxious.  I really think that Jessica is so over this nonsense, she doesn't allow herself to show any emotions over it.  Not quite dead in the eyes like MK, but we're approaching that level.

I thought that was extremely distasteful; I also hate when the judges say "America got it wrong" - um, no we didn't.  Once the live shows start, it is the audience's choice to vote for their favorites.  There is no right or wrong in this instance.  If you disagree with the choice, then say that, don't say we, the voting audience got it wrong.

And for what it's worth, I disagree with Jennifer's assessment as I thought that the bottom two should have been Dexter and CJ.  Granted CJ had his best performance Wednesday, though that's not really saying much.

• Love 3

These weeks are painful....who really cares who goes home let alone who wins?  We have very little to choose from.  I am not sure who to blame, the judges for narrowing it down to these choices?  The new producers/format for choosing lame themes, no idea just not feeling it.  I will watch to the end but could care less who goes this week or next, they can all go.

BUT the one who really needs TO GO IS JLO!  She is not dressing as great as she usually does and doesn't seem to know it is about aging gracefully, she can still look very hot but not in those short skirts/shorts/pants, her butt is just too big.  Her booing Harry yet again is just classless, trying to win America wow and no apology ever....she changed this season into someone I no longer like as a person let alone whose opinion I value.  

• Love 4

JLo looked like a fly-fisherman who had to run out of the house when she was only half dressed.  She has a great body, but with those muscular, dancer thighs, thigh-high boots are not her friend.

I think the most shocked person last night was Jessica.  She just looked so resigned last night and was trying to look disinterested since she was sure she was going home. I think the voters are doing a great job this year and pretty much picking 'em off in the right order.  If Jena wins this whole thing I am never watching AI again. And apparently TPTB probably agree with me.

And Caleb used the word "literally" again last night (maybe it was on his Word-A-Day calendar?), but in sort of the correct context. But his next sentence was, "We killed them last night", and I was sure he would add, "We literally killed them" but he did not.  Good boy, Caleb.

Edited by charlieboo
  • Love 3

Seems like they're really trying to push Sam in the dinner sequence. I wonder if they're trying to show us good personality to justify the save but he and Caleb seemed to take up thy whole thing.

I already couldn't stand JenaNotGina previously, but with TPTB pushing her in my face I really loathe her now for the reasons mentioned above. I hate her air drum hand gestures or fist pumps or whatever the hell too. Definitely, I don't loaf her. This is a nit, but it bugs me when at the dinner, for example, Jena was talking about "the fans." I know, I guess they do have "fans," but... IDK what I'm trying to say. It just rubs me the wrong way. "Viewers" - IDK what word she could use that wouldn't rub me wrong, so there's that.

How long does the saved person usually last? I know Sanchez made F2, but other "saves" didn't fair so well IIRC. I mention it because I wonder how Sam is still there.

I didn't notice Jessica's bitchface, but if she had one I'm not sure I blame her. Getting bussed so hard must really blow.  

• Love 1
And Caleb used the word "literally" again last night (maybe it was on his Word-A-Day calendar?), but in sort of the correct context. But his next sentence was, "We killed them last night", and I was sure he would add, "We literally killed them" but he did not.  Good boy, Caleb.

This reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker:  "People who misuse literally make me go figuratively insane"

• Love 5

I used to complain about the looong hour results shows in the past but these results shows go really fast with all the commercials and product placement. I made it home last night at 9:29 PM to watch Dexter singing his swan song. It's too bad he doesn't have better diction because I thought he was pretty good (and let's face it, he needed a little sprucing up during the season - as several of them did). 

I watched back the dinner scene today and really enjoyed them teasing Alex about his PeePee dance. But JenaNotGina continues her March to Annoy Hello Patti with her "the fans" speech. I realize she's trying to be all P.C. and get more votes (between her full blown pimping Wed night by the judges and her dinner speeches) but damn she's annoying. I was hoping Demi Lovato would come back and bitch slap her a few times. 

• Love 1
I watched back the dinner scene today and really enjoyed them teasing Alex about his PeePee dance. But JenaNotGina continues her March to Annoy Hello Patti with her "the fans" speech. I realize she's trying to be all P.C. and get more votes (between her full blown pimping Wed night by the judges and her dinner speeches) but damn she's annoying. I was hoping Demi Lovato would come back and bitch slap her a few times.

Preach it, girlfriend!  These kids have been semi famous for two minutes and the "fans" bit just rubs me so wrong and yes, I'm a bee-otch. Or at least it rubs me wrong when Jena does it.  And her comment about the Ford was so contrived, imo, and probably written by her stage mother (also imo) -. "my non-existent boyfriend and I would make out." OK we get it. You're available and ready. Barf.

• Love 1

I'm sorry but those dinner conversations are so scripted they're becoming embarrassing. The meta is becoming too meta (if that makes sense lol). Yet I'm still hate watching (which is all on me). After reading your post, I had to chuckle. I'm picturing you speaking in third person like George/Jimmy in that episode of Seinfeld ("Hello Patti is getting upset") Sorry I have issues, and I digress. Came across the pic that Sam tweeted and noticed the caption that reads Jena Irene Ascuitto and five others. Now I don't know the correct protocol regarding tweeting out a pic since I haven't logged into my Twitter account in about three years, but why couldn't it have just read the top seven? Why do I have such an irrational dislike for this 17 y/o child/teen that I do not know personally?

Just so you know, Demi has gone on record to say that Jena is her favorite contestant this season. Yeah.

http://www.rickey.org/american-idol-2014-results-top-6-revealed-04172014/

• Love 1

Yep the fans comment makes me flinch!!!  Who does she or anyone using that phrase think they are!  She has been told she is wonderful all her life so why would now be different, even the judges have not given her much to work on so she feels like she is there at the top WITH fans I guess!    Making out comment was likely more flirting with Caleb, it seems they are sitting beside each other etc....gag....but go for it.  Every AI season seems to put a couple together although I haven't kept track because I don't care!  LOL  

• Love 1

I don't get the problem with the "fans" comment. Sure they are not super famous yet but they do have a legion of fans. How else do you think they survive in this competition? Because they have each built up a fan base of some sort that will most likely follow them even after they are eliminated from the show and keep up with whatever kinds of projects they do in the future. They do have fans and I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to say it. 

• Love 2

I'm sorry but those dinner conversations are so scripted they're becoming embarrassing. The meta is becoming too meta (if that makes sense lol). Yet I'm still hate watching (which is all on me). After reading your post, I had to chuckle. I'm picturing you speaking in third person like George/Jimmy in that episode of Seinfeld ("Hello Patti is getting upset") Sorry I have issues, and I digress. Came across the pic that Sam tweeted and noticed the caption that reads Jena Irene Ascuitto and five others. Now I don't know the correct protocol regarding tweeting out a pic since I haven't logged into my Twitter account in about three years, but why couldn't it have just read the top seven? Why do I have such an irrational dislike for this 17 y/o child/teen that I do not know personally?

Just so you know, Demi has gone on record to say that Jena is her favorite contestant this season. Yeah.

http://www.rickey.org/american-idol-2014-results-top-6-revealed-04172014/

If DAH-may (pronunciation per Jena) Levato wants to sing with Jena then I'm Mary, Queen of Scots.

Are you kidding me with "Jena Irene Ascuitto and 5 others?" Seriously? That makes me stabby.

• Love 2

I'm sorry but those dinner conversations are so scripted they're becoming embarrassing. The meta is becoming too meta (if that makes sense lol). Yet I'm still hate watching (which is all on me). After reading your post, I had to chuckle. I'm picturing you speaking in third person like George/Jimmy in that episode of Seinfeld ("Hello Patti is getting upset") Sorry I have issues, and I digress. Came across the pic that Sam tweeted and noticed the caption that reads Jena Irene Ascuitto and five others. Now I don't know the correct protocol regarding tweeting out a pic since I haven't logged into my Twitter account in about three years, but why couldn't it have just read top seven?

The dinner scenes are very obviously scripted. Hard to say without seeing the pic, but are you sure that was an actual caption and not the people the pic was tweeted to or if you didn't see it on twitter, something added by whoever hosted the pic? The only pic of the top 7 I found on Sam's twitter feed doesn't have any captions I just says "I love these guys" or something.

• Love 1

I agree with you joystick- I looked at the photo again and I don't see any caption that says who's tagged in the photo. The only caption is from Sam which says "I love these guys"

I would take anything the contestants say in the dinner scenes with a grain of salt, as they are clearly extremely scripted. I'm sure to an extent they discuss how the show went and how they felt they did and the results the next night, but they probably talk about normal things the rest of the time, what's going on back home and all that.

I'm pretty sure they are not organically being all oh wasn't it soooooo funny when Harry did this! Or wasn't JLo soooooo pretty and smart and fabulous. I just love her! Or hey Sam, wasn't it cool when JLo said this?

It has very much the feel of when contestants on The Biggest Loser talk about how much they love Subway and Jenni-o turkey. No wonder these kids get accused of not taking the show seriously enough. My eyes would probably roll right out of my head if I were on the show lol.

Edited by Joystickenvy

I'm fully aware that those convos are scripted, but its to the point where the producers are breaking the fourth wall with a huge nudge and a wink wink. We know that TPTB have some lowly pa's perusing the forums to get a read on what America has to say each season regarding the latest contestants. Where do you think Harry got his Ricky Nelson critique a week to two after it had been suggested online as well as the other things being talked about amongst the competitors?

I text but don't tweet so the pic I found was on Rickey's site. So it was probably Rickey's caption since he's a huge fan of her. My apologies to Miss Ascuitto. Wish I liked her though lol.

I'm fully aware that those convos are scripted, but its to the point where the producers are breaking the fourth wall with a huge nudge and a wink wink. We know that TPTB have some lowly pa's perusing the forums to get a read on what America has to say each season regarding the latest contestants. Where do you think Harry got his Ricky Nelson critique a week to two after it had been suggested online as well as the other things being talked about amongst the competitors?

I tend to think Harry found it online himself rather than the producers having a scheme to find stuff like that, and then talk Harry into using it.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

I'm rather 50/50 with that I think Harry could or possibly would do it, but I don't believe that he does. I don't believe that Harry is above toting the company line either. He is in essence a judge on a reality show but probably with a set of parameters. In no way do I believe scripted conversation amongst the contestants is toting the company line, just that I think its a nod to the audience that we know what you're thinking/saying. It happens every season. Nigel was very big on letting the public in on this knowledge. I don't think Per is any different.

I also understand if others think differently about Harry. ymmv

• Love 1

After reading your post, I had to chuckle. I'm picturing you speaking in third person like George/Jimmy in that episode of Seinfeld ("Hello Patti is getting upset")

How did you know I'm a huge Seinfeld fan? :)

And of course Demi is going to love JenaNotGina! It's like look at herself in the mirror and we all know how those showbiz types luuurvveee themselves. 

They are trying to pimp out a JenaNotGina vs Caleb (or Alex) Top Two. Kinda like Philip Phillips and that loving teensy Asian girl (Jessica? I can hardly remember her name but name PP2 and his song are all over dah place - imagine if you did a song with all the ads/teams/sponsors his "Home" song have been in). I imagine if Glee hangs around long enough, JnotG will be on that show much like JessicaNotPhillip was last year. 

Hey cool I'm a Seinfeld fan as well. I've lurked that forum at TwoP for years. Sshhh...don't give Ryan Murphy with his soul sucking plotlines any more bad ideas. Unfortunately I've watched that show since the beginning and am determined to go down with that sinking ship. Its been hard watching the newbies at McKinley High and adding Jena to the mix would just have me climbing a clock tower. :)