Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

It looks like WOTW2 might be Theo's last season. Apparently, an errant champagne cork split his right eye.

I don't think I had many problems with him last season, and I figure he would've won if a demigod wasn't in the finale. Naturally, someone who doesn't look like a total dick gets hurt like that.

Yikes.  That sucks!  However, if Jordan can be a bad ass competitor with his abilities, then so potentially could Theo.  The only difference is Jordan has had a lifetime of experience with figuring out how to accommodate and adjust.  Theo should seriously consider how he can still leverage this opportunity to continue making money, especially if some of his other prospects (like the Olympic or some professional sport) might be less likely.  And I bet that even with one eye he'd still be a better competitor than half of these folks. 

• Love 4

Did he actually lose the eye or it's a temporary injury?

Anyways, whatever drove him to do reality TV probably isn't going to disappear unless he's permanently handicapped and he isn't able to adjust.

Writer pairs Challengers to NFL teams.

4 hours ago, scrb said:

Did he actually lose the eye or it's a temporary injury?

It seems permanent.

4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Yikes.  That sucks!  However, if Jordan can be a bad ass competitor with his abilities, then so potentially could Theo.  The only difference is Jordan has had a lifetime of experience with figuring out how to accommodate and adjust.  Theo should seriously consider how he can still leverage this opportunity to continue making money, especially if some of his other prospects (like the Olympic or some professional sport) might be less likely.  And I bet that even with one eye he'd still be a better competitor than half of these folks. 

In my head, there's a difference between losing use of an eye and growing up with only one fully-formed hand. Also, I reckon depth perception would be vital in competition. If he returns? Great. But I doubt it, and it's a bit painful that he seemed like one of the more normal of the new kids with athletic talent. He would've won WotW if BMP had excluded guys with Minotaur DNA.

• Love 3

Reminder: WotW2 starts tonight. Here’s a write-up I found on The A.V. Club:

The Challenge (MTV, 9 p.m., 34th-season premiere): To answer your first question: Yes, MTV’s The Challenge is still on. To answer the question you neglected to ask: Yes, it is better than ever. Why? Because the past few seasons have injected the one-time battle between Real World and Road Rules with fresh competitors from a number of different properties, including a number of U.K. franchises. Considering the ruthless English additions have been a highlight of the latter-day seasons, it makes sense that this 34th season will pit the U.S. competitors against the Brits, who will include the formidable likes of Joss Mooney, Stephen Bear, and Kyle Christie in their ranks. Old fans of the franchise might recognize fan favorites like Johnny Bananas, Caria Maria Sorbello, and, of course, Chris “C.T.” Tamburello, the latter of whom will serve as some kind of mysterious “reinforcement.” The only thing that’s never not changing on the venerable franchise is its perpetually chill host, BMX legend T.J. Lavin. [Randall Colburn]

“Perpetually chill”? Teege?!? Maybe when someone important crosses a line. “Okay, Camila just went on a rant. Racism’s bad. Racism’s bad, mmmkay?” 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

. . . and I just found out Laurel will be taking a break from trying to kill John Conner in order to appear on EOTB. Nicole is supposed to be in great shape. She’s gonna need everything she’s got to run away while being waist-deep in snow.

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Update on Theo. Turns out he lost a lost of vision in that injured eye. He did not, in fact, lose the eye. However, he is sitting out the next Challenge.

The messed up thing about the whole situation is, I was watching an interview with him on some morning show in the U.K. and if I heard him correctly the bottle was intentionally aimed at his eye.  Obviously the woman that did it to him probably did not intend for him to have such a terrible injury.  But it is still fucked up that she intentionally aimed for him.

26 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

The messed up thing about the whole situation is, I was watching an interview with him on some morning show in the U.K. and if I heard him correctly the bottle was intentionally aimed at his eye.  Obviously the woman that did it to him probably did not intend for him to have such a terrible injury.  But it is still fucked up that she intentionally aimed for him.

Now I'm imagining the last thing Theo heard before passing out from the pain. "Oi! I bet that pain is UN-BEAR-ABLE!!! Here's some money, luv. Thanks for taking out the competition! Looks like the next Challenge is gonna be mine to win!!! Now I gotta find out where Doctor Who is filming so I's can phone in a bomb threat, because that's the asshole that I'll always be!!"

• Love 1
On 11/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, RandomWatcher said:

in unexpected hookup and cheating news, Kaliah cheated on her bf with Bear. This is coming from their social media, Reddit, Venmo(sp?) and other sources

??? Please tell me that was a typo, and there's not money involved in these shenanigans?

• LOL 2

Geez Paulie and Cara Marie are out of gas. Can’t believe he only weighs 150?! Cara is around 140...maybe deceiving but she is very muscular.  Did anyone hear the single out by Tori and Jordan? It’s Baby it’s cold outside and they sound 👏👌🙌

6 hours ago, VentiMocha said:

Did anyone hear the single out by Tori and Jordan? It’s Baby it’s cold outside and they sound 👏👌🙌

I am 100% sure I will regret it but I'm gonna go listen to it now lol. ETA: Link please! I thought it'd be on her youtube but it's not.

38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am 100% sure I will regret it but I'm gonna go listen to it now lol. ETA: Link please! I thought it'd be on her youtube but it's not.

• Love 2

“I’m freakin’ fantastic, so I’m gonna have a little break so they can make someone else the bad guy this next season because I’m not going to be on it!”

Aside from the fact that she obviously can’t make any decisions singular of Paulie these days, she also lacks self-awareness.  She’s always had a really good edit. For 12 or so seasons, her edit was really decent despite being full of herself and doing some really awful stuff to others.  The bad guy edit didn’t come in until she started falling to pieces over men and losing her ever loving mind on camera.  You can’t get a bad edit if you don’t give them material to work with. 

• Love 5

It was rich seeing Paulie blame the edit as well.  Dude you were "edited" to look like an asshole on Big Brother.  You were edited to look like an asshole on every season of the Challenge you have been on. 

You are totally not an asshole in real life, nah it is the editors who have a problem with you.

• Love 5
On 12/21/2019 at 11:35 PM, Lantern7 said:

There goes my never had a chance in hell with her (she is very pretty)...seriously though I really do like Jenna she always comes across as nice but a tad on the bland side.

Zach is a dick but there are times when I see that he might be a half way decent guy outside of the show.  Growing his hair out to donate to Locks of Love was one of those times.

I do think she could do better but I hope they have a long and happy marriage.

Edited by BK1978
Because yeah, none of the stuff I write on here ever makes sense...
  • Love 1

I’m on a Challenge Facebook group, and most of the posters echo my thoughts. Mainly, I hope she’s living her best life, I hope she has a healthy kid, but it would probably be for the best if she doesn’t come back. Relapsing back to being an asshole is basically the sword that I always see hanging over CT. Camila is probably better away from BMP.

• Love 1

I do not know who those people are lol.

Ashley Cain is an ex-soccer player who was on the UK Ex on the Beach and did War of the Worlds (Challenge-wise)...no clue who the mom is though.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow, I have no recollection of him on The Challenge.

I didn't recognize him either.  He had facial hair when he was on.  

image.thumb.png.2836d6218a9fe1beb8268df4ae0741fc.png

He looks like a completely different person in that pic above.  

• Love 1
On 2/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I didn't recognize him either.  He had facial hair when he was on.  

image.thumb.png.2836d6218a9fe1beb8268df4ae0741fc.png

He looks like a completely different person in that pic above.  

He looks like he lost weight since he was on the show.

Edited by BK1978
Because I swear English is my first language, but yeah I still suck at it from time to time.