Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts


Wes and his girlfriend, with most of Real World: Austin in attendance. I hope he made her sign a pre-nup. In the event of divorce, she could wind up with at least 300 of his companies.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

(edited)

Here's a brief teaser.

Man, I hope "Final" means that BMP cuts these assholes loose, and that we don't have to obsess over them ever again.

ETA: Post from Marie. Very funny.

34483036_10156031812653500_3198540859196

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 6/5/2018 at 11:27 PM, Lantern7 said:

Man, I hope "Final" means that BMP cuts these assholes loose, and that we don't have to obsess over them ever again.

Right! When I saw it was called Final Reckoning I got all excited that maybe it was ending for good.

Link to comment

Fuuuuuuuuuck Paulie Caliafore.  Cara I seriously expected better from you.  ABRAM is a better person for you.

I hope Paulie gets bounced first and Natalie hits the bricks right after.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Paulie and Paul Abrahamian (also a former BB hamster) are having a beef on Twitter and Paulie is accusing Paul of being salty that he (Paul) is not on The Challenge.

Holy fuckballs.  For those who do not know him, if Paul DOES end up on this show?  It will be the single most divisive decision ever made by production.  I’m not even exaggerating.

There are those who like Paul, and those who don’t, and the gulf in between is greater than the size of the earth.  

And from what I’ve seen on Twitter, either this season is going to be ugly and hateful, or there was a lot of ugly and hateful shit that went on behind the scenes that is coming out now.  Should be great!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Hey, Paulie was rumored to be doing a BB-heavy edition of The Amazing Race, but then that fell fell through. I’d rather him taint this series. I don’t know much about him, but he sound like the “Ogie” Oglethorpe of assholes. I’d rather Johnny do TAR, even if the result is him winning $500K.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

22 hours ago, mojoween said:

For those who do not know him, if Paul DOES end up on this show?  It will be the single most divisive decision ever made by production.

I hate Paulie C. with a passion, but Paul A. would be the thing that could actually make me quit The Challenge.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Hmm, the Final Reckoning trailer.

Why are they talking about the "end of an era?"

Another $1 million pool to compete for.  Is MTV going to stop funding The Challenge and are giving them a big prize pool to go out with?

Doesn't seem like it, if anything they've consistently aired the Challenges in recent years.

Or maybe there will be a drastic change in format and it won't be the Challenge as we know it.

I didn't see any clips of Bananas so could they have not invited him to this one?  That also seems unlikely.

Link to comment
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, mojoween said:

Fuuuuuuuuuck Paulie Caliafore.  Cara I seriously expected better from you.  ABRAM is a better person for you.

I hope Paulie gets bounced first and Natalie hits the bricks right after.

I used to find Cara hot after the way she acted last season and hooking up with Paulie...her hotness factor has dropped.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, Lantern7 said:

Hey, Paulie was rumored to be doing a BB-heavy edition of The Amazing Race, but then that fell fell through. I’d rather him taint this series. I don’t know much about him, but he sound like the “Ogie” Oglethorpe of assholes. I’d rather Johnny do TAR, even if the result is him winning $500K.

No it was Paul A. that was rumored to be on a team with Josh.  Luckily for us that did not happen because I would never have been able to watch those two.  I managed to sit through two seasons with the Twinnies and I did not give up but if Paul would have shown up on TAR...I would have been out.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:24 AM, strippedhalo said:

I hate Paulie C. with a passion, but Paul A. would be the thing that could actually make me quit The Challenge.

I agree, though Paulie might make me quit as well.  They should have cast Paulie's brother at least he was not that offensive. 

8 minutes ago, scrb said:

Hmm, the Final Reckoning trailer.

Why are they talking about the "end of an era?"

Another $1 million pool to compete for.  Is MTV going to stop funding The Challenge and are giving them a big prize pool to go out with?

Doesn't seem like it, if anything they've consistently aired the Challenges in recent years.

Or maybe there will be a drastic change in format and it won't be the Challenge as we know it.

I didn't see any clips of Bananas so could they have not invited him to this one?  That also seems unlikely.

That was what I was thinking as well.  Is this the end of the show?

  • Love 1
Link to comment

People were commenting on their Facebook page asking if The Challenge was ending after this season. The official page commented back and said it was just “the end of an era” not the end of The Challenge. Whatever that means. But it doesn’t look like outright cancelation. 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

The official page commented back and said it was just “the end of an era” not the end of The Challenge. Whatever that means.

Fingers crossed that it means Bananas is retiring!

  • Love 5
Link to comment

(edited)

Oh man! Does that mean they'll be adding more MTV personalities? Like the Teen Mom people?  I really don't want to see the likes of those fools on any more shows.  

ETA: I would like to see CT beat David Eason's ass though.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, zenme said:

Oh man! Does that mean they'll be adding more MTV personalities? Like the Teen Mom people?  I really don't want to see the likes of those fools on any more shows.  

It's possible since Cheyenne (& maybe Cory) will be joining the Teen Mom cast for the next season.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Right.  Because it's the first time you've had an actual, real job.

Guess who won't be watching.....

He's on a show called "The Challenge".

Link to comment
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, Lantern7 said:

Essay on why Redemption Houses are bad.

ETA: Shane took over the show's Instagram, and the old-schoolers came out in force. So many blasts from the past. Great read if you miss the good old days.

I wonder how old John is now (I know I could just look it up but I am lazy), I am guessing he has to be around fifty.  Crap he was considered "old" during one of the first seasons I saw him.

Also, I have to say Coral still looks good.

Link to comment

Apparntly this Tuesday a docuseries is going to debut on USA featuring WWE “superstars” Miz and Maryse.

Which is all well and good, Miz has been doing reality for a decade, but the blurb I saw in Entertainment Weekly also says they are first time parents and that’s where I was like WOAH, because that was a plot twist I did not see coming.

Link to comment
On 7/21/2018 at 6:52 AM, mojoween said:

Apparntly this Tuesday a docuseries is going to debut on USA featuring WWE “superstars” Miz and Maryse.

Which is all well and good, Miz has been doing reality for a decade, but the blurb I saw in Entertainment Weekly also says they are first time parents and that’s where I was like WOAH, because that was a plot twist I did not see coming.

His wife gave birth in March.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

ChallengeMania is a podcast that features Derrick. They also sell merch . . . and some of it bears the images of Challengers. Get some stuff for the person in your life that follows the show, and you fucking hate him/her!!

I would get one of Evelyn. 

Link to comment

On 8/4/2018 at 3:56 PM, Lantern7 said:

ChallengeMania is a podcast that features Derrick. They also sell merch . . . and some of it bears the images of Challengers. Get some stuff for the person in your life that follows the show, and you fucking hate him/her!!

Why is Paulie so heavily represented in the merch??

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...