Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."

• Start Topic

On 3/14/2019 at 10:20 AM, Lantern7 said:

Essay on The Challenge . . . from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Yeah, that guy. Now I'm wondering what other NBA greats watch. does Michael Jordan gamble on the outcomes? Does Charles Barkley lose money betting on the outcomes?

What a great article!  I was initially surprised when I heard he was one of the writers on the new Veronica Mars reboot, but he's a really great writer.  And so glad to know that he's been a long-time viewer.  Much of his analysis was spot on.  

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, luckyroll3 said:

What a great article!  I was initially surprised when I heard he was one of the writers on the new Veronica Mars reboot, but he's a really great writer.  And so glad to know that he's been a long-time viewer.  Much of his analysis was spot on.  

Not much to add but I want to say that Kareem being one of the writers on the new Veronica Mars reboot is both awesome and so bizarre.  I did read his article about the challenge and he was spot on about everything.

I am not sure where to put this but Da'vonne said on Twitter that she turned down being on the current season of The Amazing Race (her partner would have been Jason from her first season of Big Brother and that internet only season of Big Brother) in order to do the Challenge.  I wonder why she would do that?

To me TAR, while being nerve wracking as hell, would be such an awesome experience.  To travel around the world for the chance to win half of a million dollars sounds awesome.  I would much rather do that over living in a house with Ashely and company for a month. 

• Love 1

I love when these dingdongs announce their "retirement". Like, is it really necessary to announce it? I guess maybe there's like pre-teen stans who give a shit about whether these fools come back or not, but otherwise, I just think,

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 4/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I love when these dingdongs announce their "retirement". Like, is it really necessary to announce it? I guess maybe there's like pre-teen stans who give a shit about whether these fools come back or not, but otherwise, I just think,

giphy.gif

Idk, I was devastated when Evelyn retired. 😞 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Heard about it, didn't watch. Two possibilities: either Johnny genuinely felt the need to go Full Kanye on a bunch of people that never even heard of him, or he wanted to stay "on brand" as possible in disrupting a nice moment for others. Honestly, I don't know which case would be sadder.

• Love 2

I found this video in a Challenge group on Facebook. I can't seem to find it on YouTube. Basically, it's veteran Challengers and how they got their starts on MTV. I keep forgetting they were so young once.

11 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Anyone remember Sean?

Yes, Sean has lost his damn mind. He's lost brain cells getting Rachel pregnant. Big fat "whatever" at this point from me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Anyone remember Sean?

He is gross. Also, Rachel from RW SF is pregnant AGAIN. She's 47 and they're having their 9th baby. 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, AEJ79 said:

He is gross. Also, Rachel from RW SF is pregnant AGAIN. She's 47 and they're having their 9th baby. 

Can't really blame him, she was hot back in the day (I have not seen a recent picture of her).  I remember there was one episode where she was riding a bike while wearing a dress and as a sophomore in high school (yeah I am old) that was oddly hot to me.  Still is, if I am being honest. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, scrb said:

How could it be US vs.UK with competitors from neither country?

I think the only one in that category would be Turbo. "U.S. vs. U.K. vs. Turbo" might actually work.

The bit about people jumping in after the start isn't good. For all the shit we gave Smashley, I don't think many people bring up that she are Hunter were brought in as "mercenaries."

I’m not really thrilled with the title. Unless I’m really mistaken, this is the first time BMP used the same title in consecutive seasons. Going back to two teams is intriguing, though I’m thinking nobody walks away with the insane jackpots awarded to Smashley and Turbo.

”Reinforcements” sound intriguing, but BMP will no doubt fuck that up.

Edited by Lantern7

MTV is desperate.. they've been having a bad summer. Their crown jewels Teen Mom and Jersey Shore have sunk to their lowest ratings ever and Are You The One? and Ex on the Beach have been moved to new nights to salavage their precipitating numbers as well. Let's see if The Challenge can give them a glimmer of hope.

I won't mutter it under my breath:  TOTAL. FAME. WHORES. 

If they make it down the aisle, I give it less than three years before divorce.  But I think they'll split long before that so they can be partnered in a season or two on the next Exes Challenge.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/14/2019 at 3:28 AM, Lantern7 said:

Sarah and her husband are getting divorced; Johnny reacts accordingly. 🙄🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

On 8/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, MaggieG said:

Johnny, shut up.

Does he have any other mode besides massive dickhead?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

Does he have any other mode besides massive dickhead?

He's gotta stay on-brand. Even if he and Sarah squashed beef, even if she's perfectly okay with those . . . . fuck, even if she thought of that line and gave it to Johnny? It's still not right.

Often, there are times where I say that a given Challenge is cruising for a beating. Johnny qualifies. One day, he might say or post something that will get his ass beat up.

• Love 2
On 8/14/2019 at 11:58 AM, MaggieG said:

Challenge relationships never seem to work out but I wish Jordan and Tori the best. Tori gets on my nerves but I like Jordan. 

Johnny, shut up.

Same here.  I find Tori to be highly obnoxious and I have been a fan of Jordan's since his RW season.

• Love 2
On 8/16/2019 at 3:48 PM, Lantern7 said:

He's gotta stay on-brand. Even if he and Sarah squashed beef, even if she's perfectly okay with those . . . . fuck, even if she thought of that line and gave it to Johnny? It's still not right.

I’m pretty sure Sarah hates Johnny. I’m not a regular listener of her podcast, but I’ve heard it a few times and she dislikes him, to say the least. 

As for the title: Vevmo claimed the working title was Bloody Hell. I assume the network told them that wasn’t appropriate, hence war of the worlds 2. 

For people who refused to even admit they were dating for most of their relationship, I’m surprised Jordan decided on an onscreen proposal. I suppose they have as good a chance as anyone else from this show. 

3 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I’m pretty sure Sarah hates Johnny. I’m not a regular listener of her podcast, but I’ve heard it a few times and she dislikes him, to say the least. 

That was my point . . . that I couldn't see ANY way that tweet could be okay for Sarah. Unless she lost a bet. My point, as always:"Fuck Johnny."

I wound up going to the ChallengeMania event last Saturday, and Cara Maria and Paulie had talked shit about Johnny, including him having bots to respond to pictures that have his hashtag. I think the bottom line is that Johnny might not have any allies left. Well, probably Leroy.

I had gotten a ticket for the event, but I wanted to back out because I didn't want to see those two bang on stage. But then Ruthie was added, and I decided to go. If y'all ask, I could post about it on my blog. Seriously, I need motivation to write these days.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

Ugh fuck Ashley, Bear, John, ESPECIALLY dickhead Paul and did I see that really annoying girl who yelled at Turbo last season in the preview too?

I can't help it, I still love Kyle.  Kyle Land sounds like a fun time.

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Ugh fuck Ashley, Bear, John, ESPECIALLY dickhead Paul and did I see that really annoying girl who yelled at Turbo last season in the preview too?

I don't think Natalie Duran deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as that lot.

At ChallengeMania, Paulie was taking the high ground against Bear. You know, I can understand Paulie's drive and disgust towards the less savory Challengers . . . but he's still Paulie. The guy's got an ego on him, and having CM rub up on him doesn't make him any more bearable.

(Note: I'm assuming Paulie and CM do stuff to each other equally. Like that time in RR: The Quest, where Steve interviewed being disgusted by Adam and Ellen giving each other oral sex. I didn't need that image, and I got tired of CMP (PCM?) planning on duct-taping Kyle to a wall and banging while his eyelids are forced open)

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

At ChallengeMania, Paulie was taking the high ground against Bear. 

What is their beef about?  I don't recall them really interacting that much during last season.