Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."

• Start Topic

On 10/12/2017 at 0:23 PM, UniqBlue69 said:

WWE Superstar Mike "The Miz" Mizanin Hosts the Second Installment of MTV's "The Challenge" Special "Champs vs. Stars" Premiering November 21

I only recognize three of the "stars" and MTV must have a different definition of champ than I do.

I didn't recognize any of them. Granted, I don't follow the Olympics, so maybe these people actually are famous, but it seems like the majority are either reality people from non MTV channels or like, YouTube people. Why even bother?

OK, more DVR weirdness.

A few days ago when I checked, my Tivo was scheduled to record the Champs vs. Pros at 10 PM and the Challenge Dirty 30 Finale at 9 PM.

Now this morning, it's set to record only the Challenge Dirty 30 Finale.

I think the reason is that updated guide data had new names for both shows, which matched or didn't match the existing Season Passes.

So I added a Season Pass for Champs vs. Pros to have both hours recorded.

I believe different bands of DVRs get the program guide data from the same provider so you may want to check your DVRs to make sure both hours are recorded on 11/21.  That is if you want to watch both hours.

Just saw something on Facebook and checked MTV's schedule. Reunion conclusion at 9, CvS at 10:01. I will DVR both and watch the former at 10. Legends of Tomorrow takes priority. It's batshit, but it's the awesome kind of batshit.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, scrb said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they're setting up Miz to replace TJ as host.

Does Mike still have much of a career in the WWE or has his star faded over a couple of years.

He’s still around on a weekly basis. Not the biggest star on the roster, but he has plenty of fans and he gets plenty of activity 

On 11/30/2017 at 9:29 PM, scrb said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they're setting up Miz to replace TJ as host.

Does Mike still have much of a career in the WWE or has his star faded over a couple of years.

He's pretty prominent these days, and he makes movies regularly with their production studio.  I doubt he'd have the ability to take off the time to host a full regular season, but the lighter commitment of doing these special seasons and hosting reunion shows probably works in his schedule.  

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Ex on the beach?? (I've never heard of this)

It's exactly what the title states: exes on a beach.

The show moves a bunch of people (10-ish?) into a place on the beach.  Every few hours (12-24, or whenever is best for drama), an ex of one of the people arrives.  And sometimes an ex of the ex.  Occasionally, people are eliminated (one person gets to choose) or are kicked off for fighting.  There is also a "Tablet of Terror" where they get messages about going on dates or down to the beach to meet the next ex.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, SophiaPehawkins said:

With Cheyenne, too. Doesn't look like they're together, but damn, that's a cute baby. I hope we don't hear him talking about how he needs to win a challenge for his kid like another challenger I won't name.

I said the exact same thing in the other thread!

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, Watermelon said:

He’s still around on a weekly basis. Not the biggest star on the roster, but he has plenty of fans and he gets plenty of activity 

To add to that, he is currently filming a WWE produced "movie".  I say "movie" because it is one of those direct-to-video/DVD/whatever technology term you want to use for crappy movies now.  The type of movie he is starring in is on par with the crap that Steven Seagal puts out.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, RandomWatcher said:

Thought BB's Big Meech was on Vendettas. Guess she's a replacement?

Not going to lie, I have a bit of a crush on here so I am glad to see her.  I still remember how good she looked in that blue dress when she was voted out.  I wonder how much she's going to cry.

On 12/31/2017 at 0:07 PM, sabretooth said:

Teej talks with Entertainment Weekly about keeping the Dirty 30 prize secret, why he wasn't at the finale and why he loves the trivia challenge. 

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/30/tj-lavin-the-challenge-xxx-2017/

I didn’t even notice he wasn’t at the finale. I’m trying to even remember the finale and am mostly coming up blank, there was running around rocks?  

I do wish they had asked TJ how he felt that Camila won considering she’s such a shit.

Rolling Stone interviews Jonathan Murray and Julie Pizzi. Basic gist: show is awesome, they get great characters, Johnny is good TV, and the "Champs Vs." series might be an ongoing thing. as well as a place for Mark Long to return.  Oh, and it was MTV's idea to import cast members beyond AYTO, which probably means the series will become "Battle Of The Viacom Stars" in about five years.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:08 AM, Lantern7 said:

Stop Being Polite announces seven BMP team members for the next "Champs" season. I don't think there are Vendettas spoilers, but you might want to tread carefully, seeing how a few people are listed as "TBD," suggesting they made it to the end of S31. Biggest news is the absence of a mainstay Challenger.

What I find interesting about the "Champs" team from this and the previous two seasons, is when they cast people on the Champs team who have never actually won anything.  How can you call them Champs?  Maybe the show should be Veterans vs. Stars...

Cara Maria tweeted that the next season's format will be announced during The Real World, But In A Ski Lodge Winter Break: Hunter Mountain after the reality series on MTV that people give a shit about.

I reckon Mike would be the "exhibition"/charity series host, because he's got a larger gig. Dunno what Teege does the rest of the year.

Well at least they finally recognized that having 1 team destroy the other in every single game isn't interesting to watch and the teams will now be mixed.  That should help to even it out a bit.  

Was the blonde they kept showing from Rock of Love?

On 4/1/2018 at 7:42 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Well at least they finally recognized that having 1 team destroy the other in every single game isn't interesting to watch and the teams will now be mixed.  That should help to even it out a bit.  

Was the blonde they kept showing from Rock of Love?

No, it's Brooke Hogan, Hulk Hogan's daughter. She was on their VH1 shows back in the day (and got a spinoff of her own) and had a failed singing career. She always wanted to be like the Paris/Nicole crew but just didn't make the cut because of how trashy the Hogans were perceived to be so she turned against them and kept Paris' name in her mouth for attention.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, neenyah said:

No, it's Brooke Hogan, Hulk Hogan's daughter. She was on their VH1 shows back in the day (and got a spinoff of her own) and had a failed singing career. She always wanted to be like the Paris/Nicole crew but just didn't make the cut because of how trashy the Hogans were perceived to be so she turned against them and kept Paris' name in her mouth for attention.

Oh, thanks!  I didn't even recognize her.  I thought it was the blonder from Rock of Love who ended up with her own show (not Daisy), that ended up getting removed from the air when one of the suitors committed a murder/suicide just after the show debuted.  Can't remember her name for the life of me.  I want to say it was Megan or something like that.  

2 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Oh, thanks!  I didn't even recognize her.  I thought it was the blonder from Rock of Love who ended up with her own show (not Daisy), that ended up getting removed from the air when one of the suitors committed a murder/suicide just after the show debuted.  Can't remember her name for the life of me.  I want to say it was Megan or something like that.  

Megan Hauserman :)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Zima said:

Abram's interview on Derrick's podcast! Really great interview. Apparently, he's been trying to get back on the show, but they haven't cast him.  They talk about Cara Maria a lot, and he chokes up a few times. Also, he's still scary and funny Abe with some of the things he says...  http://challengemania.podbean.com/e/ep-38-abram-boise/

I wonder if it's because they don't want him back on with Cara Maria after that reunion and she's pretty much on every season anymore. I would be more than okay with her taking a seat for a season or two and bringing back Abram. He's nuts, but I like him for some reason. He's a good competitor and I love that he refuses to call Johnny by his stupid nickname. Plus I think Johnny is only intimidated by a few people...people like CT and Abram that he can't manipulate and he can't beat physically. I like seeing him squirm.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

I wonder if it's because they don't want him back on with Cara Maria after that reunion and she's pretty much on every season anymore. I would be more than okay with her taking a seat for a season or two and bringing back Abram. He's nuts, but I like him for some reason. He's a good competitor and I love that he refuses to call Johnny by his stupid nickname. Plus I think Johnny is only intimidated by a few people...people like CT and Abram that he can't manipulate and he can't beat physically. I like seeing him squirm.

He talked about auditioning for Champs vs Stars when Thomas was also there. He said that he brought boxing gloves, and tried to give a pair to Thomas and said, "Let's go settle this outside. One boxing match, then the beef will be over." Thomas refused, hahah.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Zima said:

He talked about auditioning for Champs vs Stars when Thomas was also there. He said that he brought boxing gloves, and tried to give a pair to Thomas and said, "Let's go settle this outside. One boxing match, then the beef will be over." Thomas refused, hahah.

Yeah, it would have been over because Thomas would have been dead. 

• Love 8
(edited)

@RandomWatcher . . . link? I’ll need to inform folks on the ANW forum. Also, to bang my head against a wall. I thought they had an unspoken “No Raging Tools” policy.

ETA: Never mind, someone posted on Facebook. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll get to taint the course.

Edited by Lantern7