Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Chapter Six: Star of the Morning

Someone please slap Tomas. So that woman has been devil worshiping as I thought. I cannot believe that Marcus went out there on his own to find Casey. WTH is wrong with him.  I love Sharon Glass, but I am not interested in mother/daughter drama.

Poor Bennett. Someone was beating on him in the preview. I was wrong that he was safe. I hope that he is saved. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

That tunnel scene was crazy. Demon Casey scared the hell out of me! 

Not interested in the Tomas and whatshername drama. He should have better control of himself.

I'm ok with Angela/Regen(sp) and her mother drama, it's kind of like a post Exorcist movie tale of where are they now. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Someone please slap Tomas. So that woman has been devil worshiping as I thought. I cannot believe that Marcus went out there on his own to find Casey. WTH is wrong with him.  I love Tyne Daly, but I am not interested in mother/daughter drama.

Poor Bennett. Someone was beating on him in the preview. I was wrong that he was safe. I hope that he is saved. 

Sharon Gless.  I know I know.  Cagney and Lacey...who can tell who's who!  lol

• Love 3

I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THAT COMING.  What a freaky episode.  Marcus is feeling himself.  He better start bring back up.  New technology has really beefed up that spider walk.  Wow.  Dayam.  I can't believe I watch this show in the semi-dark.  I need to turn on all of the lights, including the porch.  lol  Oh girl was bummed she didn't get the devil inside her.  Man, this show...smh...lol

• Love 4

Forgot to mention, I think that Jessica has been sent to corrupt Tomas.

24 minutes ago, NotChu said:

Sharon Gless.  I know I know.  Cagney and Lacey...who can tell who's who!  lol

Bwah. I totally mixed up their names. I will edit it.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

In one scene Angela is at the church and there is a moment when you hear the whispering voices and it seems like she starts to snarl and then catches herself that made me wonder if she herself may already be possessed and not know it. 

So Tomas thought he did his due diligence in the search for Casey by texting Marcus about the pack of dogs and then calling it a night to roll on over to Jessica's. Dude, I'm trying to like you but dang. Although I'm beginning to believe that Jessica is a plant by the Friar's somehow since they're still trying to crack Tomas.

Boy, the jaw drop on rich lady's face and bitter jealousy and disappointment that she wasn't chosen was great. 

Great scene of the woman giving voice to the murder victims of color that weren't getting any media attention. Now that we know that the police chief part of the group that murdered them, the cover up makes even more sense. 

Marcus has a set on him walking down the tunnel that even the rats were fleeing in terror. 

As someone on Twitter pointed out, the Pope must be someone big given the marketing campaign of just showing him from behind. Or they hadn't cast him yet so they came up with the air of mystery poster campaign to help them stall.

Geena Davis is doing great work. The opening interview with young Reagan where she realizes that for the rest of her life she will be known as the demon girl made you really feel for her. Her running away and changing her name wasn't just about Christine but about trying to reclaim her life from that demon. And when Angela later lashes out at Christine and mentions the violation and abuse of her body it was really affecting. No one around her really gets the horror she went through and not even Angela remembers all of it (thank goodness) but knows enough.  Marcus sees it from the outside and is in warrior mode and we know he cares but even he doesn't fully get it. I hope that Angela doesn't have to sacrifice herself to save Casey but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way it did ultimately shake out.

• Love 5

Random thoughts:

Why does devil worshipping always involve orgies?

The tunnel was really creepy, but Marcus was awesome! He really doesn't seem to fear much. 

The dead fish floating to the top of the lake was a nice touch. Casey must have been reeeeally dirty and smelly to kill them all! hah

I could have done without the maggots on Casey's face in Angela's dream. The bug stuff creeps me out more than any of the spooky stuff.

Tomas needs to just make a choice and stick with it. He can't have his cake and eat it took.

I don't mind the mother/daughter drama. Plus, it seems like they've made up already, so it won't continue.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

In one scene Angela is at the church and there is a moment when you hear the whispering voices and it seems like she starts to snarl and then catches herself that made me wonder if she herself may already be possessed and not know it.

Between that and the weird eye color change last episode, yeah.  I wonder if someone can isolate the whispering voices like people did with Lost.

Hoo boy!  This show just keeps getting better and better.  I like the pacing.  The man on the bench who was talking to Fr. Tomas when he was looking for Fr. Marcus at the retreat in a previous episode is the priest who led the devil worshipping ceremony.  Jessica has to be part of that group and is tempting Fr. Tomas to be vulnerable.  I can't believe he visited her in her new apartment.  What the hell is he thinking?  After he was praying in the church for forgiveness when he fell for the demon Jessica in the exorcism room and then went to her house while her husband was out of town?

I hope Ben Daniels gets an Emmy for his role in this show.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

The man on the bench who was talking to Fr. Tomas when he was looking for Fr. Marcus at the retreat in a previous episode is the priest who led the devil worshipping ceremony. 

That is why he looked so familiar. 

I think that woman gave her husband to the devil in return for power.

• Love 1

Tomas is getting on my last nerve: No idiot you didn't just make one mistake. You've essentially been carrying on an emotional affair for however long you've been sending letters to each other, when everyone close to you ( your sister for one),  told you to break it off. You can't have your fucking cake and eat it too you moron. If you didn't want to be a priest  you can always leave, you know. If you don't think you can hack it as a Priest you can always leave. No you just want to have your cake and eat it too.

You comprised yourself, no wonder Marcus doesn't want you anywhere near Casey. He told you to break it off, your sister told you, but of course you think you can handle it- well done.

Oh and Jessica? While I don't think she's been sent by the demon or the cult she needs to step off. Everytime they've met she's actively tried to seduce him. I get that she's unhappy in her marriage, but honestly I think it's more about the thrill about having a priest want her. Like sod off. And no the world doesn't "owe" you anything. Who do you think you are Romeo and Juliet?

Like were Tomas and Jessica actually together at one point ? Or was it just a case of they wanted to be together and "fell in love" while she was married?

Like I'm not opposed to the trope of forbidden love, or a Priest falling in love, but I am when the two people involved are boneheaded, and selfish- ( but they're in loooooooove!!!) 

Edited by Cirien
  • Love 5

Where did they get the girl who played teenaged Geena Davis? She really looked like she could have been Geena Davis 35 years ago. Was that maybe her real-life daughter, or CGI?

Does anyone remember in either the book or the movie, was Regan's mother an actress? I didn't remember that part.

I don't know if it was the one-week break or if the show just improved but I'm liking it much better now.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Where did they get the girl who played teenaged Geena Davis? She really looked like she could have been Geena Davis 35 years ago. Was that maybe her real-life daughter, or CGI?

Does anyone remember in either the book or the movie, was Regan's mother an actress? I didn't remember that part.

I don't know if it was the one-week break or if the show just improved but I'm liking it much better now.

I just checked on Wikipedia and  Chris MacNeil was an actress in the film  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exorcist_(film)  and book

Edited by Cirien

Those CGI rats were the creepiest things I've seen.  They looked like tiny little wallabys.  They hopped on their hind legs, and held their tiny little arms to their chest.  I rewound to confirm that someone messed up.  Unless we were meant to think that they had bizarrely mutated. 

• Love 2

Jessica was definitely sent by the group.  The bishop asked why Father Tomas wasn't there, and one of them said, "He'll be a hard nut to crack."  I think it was Maria who said, "But we have our ways, don't we?" and they cut straight to Jessica.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Addlepated said:

Jessica was definitely sent by the group.  The bishop asked why Father Tomas wasn't there, and one of them said, "He'll be a hard nut to crack."  I think it was Maria who said, "But we have our ways, don't we?" and they cut straight to Jessica.

It may be a huge misdirection but yes, I think she's there to tempt him away. I hate to imagine what will happen to Tomas- but Dude .....you were warned like three times already, and it's not like the 12th century, she can divorce her husband and you can leave and be a lecturer or something, and you can live together. Like come on you have options.

EDIT I just rewatched the first ep and remember the homeless possessed man who tried to grab Casey? It's Father Tomas who sees him first, so he's definitely being targeted- and also, he and Jessica have been caught out before? Ohhhhhh Okay then. And damnit he should have listened to his sister

Edited by Cirien
  • Love 4

I don't understand how Satan's worshipping committee thought Tomas had been groomed enough for their little demon summoning.   Were they hoping he would be chosen?  It looks like they had to do the chant, and I just don't see Tomas doing it at that point.  It would seem that like the book, a teenager was chosen to get to the targeted priest.  Although it's also being implied that Regan is the true target.

Interesting that the "star of the morning"(SOM) in the title was Satan.  I did a little googling in preparation, .and most consider the SOM to be Jesus.  He's referred to as such by others, often with a "bright" thrown in, and even refers to himself by that name.  Yet there are a few biblical passages where someone is called the SOM, and they are clearly referring to Satan ("fallen from heaven").

Even more interesting, Lucifer is Latin for morning star, which some theologians believe was a misinterpretation for someone else in a passage, and misapplied to Satan.   Another interpretation of when SOM seems to refer to Satan - it's used sardonically because the anti-Christ/beast claims to be the Messiah.  

I would post links but I'm on my phone. It's easy to google - "who is the morning star".  Most responses include bible passages, and often from various versions.

• Useful 1

Thanks everyone for the research.  I like a robust discussion.  Since in the show we are dealing with the Roman Catholic Church, I will feel free to post this link which explains Lucifer/Satan/Devil from that viewpoint.  Please note that I am not trying to push this religion, convert, or start a general theological discussion.  This might clear up or enlighten those with inquiring minds.

http://www.catholic.com/blog/jimmy-akin/who-or-what-was-lucifer

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Cirien said:

Tomas is getting on my last nerve: No idiot you didn't just make one mistake. You've essentially been carrying on an emotional affair for however long you've been sending letters to each other, when everyone close to you ( your sister for one),  told you to break it off. You can't have your fucking cake and eat it too you moron. If you didn't want to be a priest  you can always leave, you know. If you don't think you can hack it as a Priest you can always leave. No you just want to have your cake and eat it too.

You comprised yourself, no wonder Marcus doesn't want you anywhere near Casey. He told you to break it off, your sister told you, but of course you think you can handle it- well done.

Oh and Jessica? While I don't think she's been sent by the demon or the cult she needs to step off. Everytime they've met she's actively tried to seduce him. I get that she's unhappy in her marriage, but honestly I think it's more about the thrill about having a priest want her. Like sod off. And no the world doesn't "owe" you anything. Who do you think you are Romeo and Juliet?

Like were Tomas and Jessica actually together at one point ? Or was it just a case of they wanted to be together and "fell in love" while she was married?

Like I'm not opposed to the trope of forbidden love, or a Priest falling in love, but I am when the two people involved are boneheaded, and selfish- ( but they're in loooooooove!!!) 

You said this so well!

I think Tomas and Jessica knew each other way back when, before she got married and he went on to become a priest.  I also think that's why she was sent to tempt him.  I'm not saying she's possessed, and I don't know how that all works according to the show.

Mrs. Walters' husband must be possessed.

The tour bus couple were fun to see again!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Forgot to mention, I think that Jessica has been sent to corrupt Tomas.

You're probably right.   After that dinner bash last night...I am expecting all kinds of twists.

13 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I think that woman gave her husband to the devil in return for power.

I think her husband truly is sick, and that's the reason she wants the power. To try to heal him.

1 hour ago, CelticBlackCat said:

I think Tomas and Jessica knew each other way back when, before she got married and he went on to become a priest.  I also think that's why she was sent to tempt him.  I'm not saying she's possessed, and I don't know how that all works according to the show.

If I remember correctly, they knew each other in college, before she was married and he was a priest. But I think they also had an affair while he was a priest, because of what his sister said in the first episode. So they've definitely had a long term relationship going on, which is why I'm not totally sold on Jessica working for the friar group. But I guess it would be a good twist.

43 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I think her husband truly is sick, and that's the reason she wants the power. To try to heal him.

I had not considered this. I like this motivation for her actions.

You really don't play around with the paranormal. You have no idea who or what is at the other end of the door. Maybe it is not a good idea to let your husband get possessed.

Tomas, maybe you should figure out that you are being used?

I'm really liking Ben Daniels. Fearless in going in to those tunnels and all those icky rats.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

If I remember correctly, they knew each other in college, before she was married and he was a priest. But I think they also had an affair while he was a priest, because of what his sister said in the first episode. So they've definitely had a long term relationship going on, which is why I'm not totally sold on Jessica working for the friar group. But I guess it would be a good twist.

I agree that Tom and Jessica were previously involved, but I have a feeling she (or someone/something impersonating her) is involved with the heretic Catholic group.  You’ll notice that when Maria is trying, unsuccessfully, to talk Tomas into attending the meeting, Jessica shows up, and Maria immediately quits trying to persuade him and then later at the meeting says not to worry as they have other means to recruit him.  

• Love 1

Wow! I'm having difficulty trying to find the words to express my thoughts and feelings.

I watched the first five episodes - mostly out of curiosity - but also because except for Survivor, there seems to be very little else on TV that is holding my interest these days. I thought this show rated about 6 on the scale from 1 to 10. But after watching this most recent episode, it seems to me the show has instantly ramped up from 6 to about 9 or 9.5.

I never really liked Sharon Gless. I always found her to be kind of ugly and it surprised me that she was cast in some roles that presented her as a supposedly attractive lady. Of course, it's not at all reasonable to base opinions about someone's acting based on their s physical appearance. But I also found her acting style and abilities to be equally awful.

After watching this most recent episode, I feel like I owe Sharon Gless a big apology. Or maybe she just suddenly became a much better actor during the approximately 20 years since I last saw her perform in anything. But, I thought she was absolutely terrific in this episode. I also thought Geena Davis was equally terrific and the scene between the two of them was a great example of superb acting (at least in my flawed opinion of their acting skills).

It seems to me the writers and producers took a big gamble and sharply raised the stakes by taking this show far, far away from the mundane. I think it was a huge gamble. People could easily have concluded the show was just some kind of joke and they could have just laughed at it. But if you're going to present a horror story, why not go "all out" and present some incredibly scary scenario? Bottom line? I loved it! If they can maintain this degree of excellence, I think this show could easily become one of my most favorites in a very long time.

I was very surprised when I looked at this thread for the first time. There were only about 30 responses to this thread (about Episode 6) which indicates the show is not really very popular. I sure do wish I could send a message to all the members of this board and advise them there is something very special going on with this show and if they don't bother watching, they run the risk of missing out on something that is quite superb.

Now, given all of that, I sure would like to ask for some help in trying to understand what is going on in terms of the background mythology or theory of the Catholic religion - specifically as it relates to angels and demons as well as Satan and this group of friars "The Friars of Ascension".

I know almost nothing about this mythology. Can anyone post a brief explanation of what they think is going on with demonic possession and Exorcism?

Who or what is this group of friars? Are they supposed to be something like a witches coven? Are they essentially Satan worshipers? Should we expect the remainder of this season to develop into a struggle between a group of demons versus the two Exorcists (Marcus and Thomas)? If not, where do you think the tension that will produce the entertainment will come from?

I've never had much respect or admiration for the  Catholic church. I tend to think of them as a bunch of frauds who really belong in a prison on a long term basis. For me, it began with all the child pedophelia committed by Catholic priests and worse than that - much, much worse - it seems to me the Catholic church tried to cover that all up in order to protect their position in society (at least what they may perceive that is). Even worse, it seems to me they tried to protect their financial position. They really never seemed to care at all about the health or welfare of their parishioners. Worse, they never seemed to place any value on the welfare of their souls. They just talked about their souls. They never went out of their way to protect them. This all fits in quite well with my feelings of contempt towards the church. I have always considered them to be a big fraud that just tried to grab as much money as they can lay their hands on and spin a stupid stories about angels and devils to innocent dupes. I truly despise various religious frauds who take advantage of innocents.

Can anyone offer an opinion as to what they think is going on here? There has been much talk about someone who is "coming". At first I thought they meant the Pope was coming to Chicago or maybe some high level member of the church. But after this episode, I'm guessing they may have actually been talking about the return of Satan or some other individual or group of demons. Are demons the same kind of beings as fallen angels?

I'd really like to understand more about what is going on here. But I don't seem to be able to even figure out what kind of questions I should ask.  In the meantime, I'd sure like to recommend that people who have not yet seen this show watch a few of these episodes. I think they will be in store for some great entertainment experiences. This show is just so very much better than I could have ever imagined it would become.

Edited by AliShibaz
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'd love to hear from one or more of the producers or other insiders if that could lead to an understanding of just how and why they planned for this show to change so sharply after the first five episodes. I'd really like to understand just what they were thinking. Whoever or whatever is responsible, IMHO, they deserve a big round of applause.

As I've said before, I don't believe in God.  But I have to admit, I think I've retained just enough of it that as an actor, I don't think I could do those kinds of demon-summoning scenes.  Thinking about it creeps me out.

15 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

The Devil can only do half-ass miracles.  That's one of the things the Peter Cook/Dudley Moore film Bedazzled and its remake with Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley gets right.

ETA:  Sharon Gless is burned into my brain as Debbie Novotny from Queer as Folk.

Edited by starri

I was surprised to see Sharon Gless as Chris, mainly because I watch Burn Notice every morning and she will always be Michael Weston's mom to me. But she had on more makeup here and really pulled off the character, so I'm good with it. In fact, since she is kick ass on Burn Notice, I'm imagining she will be a real force on this show, too. Let's hope. She needs to team with Marcus. And Tomas ... you can just stay away, please. All in all, a good episode, maybe the best since the pilot, that scared the bejesus out of me.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, AliShibaz said:

Now, given all of that, I sure would like to ask for some help in trying to understand what is going on in terms of the background mythology or theory of the Catholic religion - specifically as it relates to angels and demons as well as Satan and this group of friars "The Friars of Ascension".

This show isn't actually all that great on Catholic doctrine or theology in my opinion, so I'm not sure how useful this is, but demons in Catholic theology are fallen angels. Lucifer's pride refused to allow him to recognize humans as God's superior creation or see Christ as God Incarnate. So Lucifer and the other angels who rebelled were cast out of heaven and became demons.

Friars of the Ascension is just something the show made up (I think! There are definitely people out there who are way more Catholic than I who might have other info). Friars are real enough. Members of particular Catholic orders are friars, generally called brothers. They may or may not be priests as well. Jesus being elevated into Heaven is referred to as the Ascension. There's a Catholic feast day, Feast of the Ascension, that celebrates this.

Maybe demons are trying to get back into Heaven? The Salesman mentioned in episode five seeing paradise but never being able to touch it. Maybe the demons are sick of being cast out.

15 hours ago, Fable said:

In the second episode, Jessica says that Tomas hasn't written for something like 13 months, and Tomas said he never broke his vows. So sometime before Tomas was ordained, they stopped having sex and they weren't in contact for about a year before the show started.

Maybe the Friars got to Jessica sometime in those 13 months? Or maybe they're planning on threatening her to get to Tomas, as opposed to her actively working with the group.

My enjoyment of the show seems to wax and wane in direct correlation to how much screen time Ben Daniels has.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

You really don't play around with the paranormal. You have no idea who or what is at the other end of the door. Maybe it is not a good idea to let your husband get possessed.

Tomas, maybe you should figure out that you are being used?

I'm really liking Ben Daniels. Fearless in going in to those tunnels and all those icky rats.

That's an interesting thought - Maria's husband is possessed.  I thought there was something mad about her husband, and the way she reacted to Tomas's nephew's fear was sinister.  No reassurances, no comforting, no sad acceptance of his condition. 

As to suggestions that Maria is doing this to help her husband's health - I'm not seeing it.  She's a true fanatic.  And rather than being disappointed or even fearing for how this decision may affect her husband, she seemed more enraged.  Maybe she didn't arrange for her husband to be possessed, maybe he's a fanatic along side her, and doesn't care for what possession truly is.  It's sadder to think Maria manipulated it, and I don't understand how she could give his soul away, unless he was not decisional.  The husband reminded me of the old man patient in The Skeleton Key - he was an unwilling participant.

I've never seen Ben Daniels in anything before, but I'm seriously in danger of stalking his previous roles.  He's that charismatic, IMO.  How is this man not a serious sex symbol?  He's head and tails above any of the interchangeable super heroes.

18 hours ago, Fable said:

I agree that Tom and Jessica were previously involved, but I have a feeling she (or someone/something impersonating her) is involved with the heretic Catholic group.  You’ll notice that when Maria is trying, unsuccessfully, to talk Tomas into attending the meeting, Jessica shows up, and Maria immediately quits trying to persuade him and then later at the meeting says not to worry as they have other means to recruit him.  

Maria also tells Jessica, "he's all yours", which is a normal expression, but seemed off.

• Love 1

This show is creepier than any of the horror movies I've seen this year. My theory on the "he is coming" poster is that they don't show the face because they are not talking about the Pope but Satan returning in some form. Did you notice the other priest looking at is oddly? What religious group would have a poster that creepy looking? The tunnel scene was great-really well thought out show.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

This show is creepier than any of the horror movies I've seen this year. My theory on the "he is coming" poster is that they don't show the face because they are not talking about the Pope but Satan returning in some form. Did you notice the other priest looking at is oddly? What religious group would have a poster that creepy looking? The tunnel scene was great-really well thought out show.

That's what I thought about the poster!

On 11/4/2016 at 11:12 PM, TobinAlbers said:

As someone on Twitter pointed out, the Pope must be someone big given the marketing campaign of just showing him from behind. Or they hadn't cast him yet so they came up with the air of mystery poster campaign to help them stall.

I think that Papal ad campaign is one of the more brilliant subtextual clues of this show. Not showing his face, his Papal cape collar up... It's a very Hollywood, very fame-oriented, "Elvis-y" media campaign. It has made me suspect the church was corrupted on some level up to and possibly including the Pope because of it's rockstar allusions versus a more expected, pious tableau. I really can't wait to see how the actual visit pans out, whomever is cast! If, as said upthread, the campaign is all about Satan returning or returning via the Pope, it's going to be creepy and awesome!

So... Rich Patron Lady turns out to be the Jan Brady of the Satanic set. That's pretty hilarious. And pretty layered for a villain, come to think of it. 

Not sure how much I buy Chris MacNeal selling out her daughter after being so protective. It helps if I think of this as an alternate universe MacNeal family. 

Father Hotness is turning into Father Hot Mess. He stayed away from Jessica's place...what, less than one day? Such fortitude, Father! You're pretty but you aren't smart, are you? Demons should be able to chew him up and spit him out noooo problem. Good thing there's at least one competent exorcist on the case.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Maria also tells Jessica, "he's all yours", which is a normal expression, but seemed off.

I don't think that the Friars are working with Jessica or she's working for them but after Maria saw that look between them, they'll certainly be trying to get them together more often. I have a feeling that if Tomas had gone to the meeting Maria would have started planting even more seeds in his mind about turning his back on the church in order to be with her - I mean we got Chris doing that in this ep anyway what with her telling him to "hold on to the people you love, you hold them close"

And before I continue on my Tomas and Jessica hatin' I'd just like to thank everyone who gave me like for my last post.

*curtseys*

But......can someone please smack Jessica upside the head? Does she honestly think that Tomas just stops being a Priest because he's in a different place? Or that she stops being married? It's as if she- if she's not a plant of the cult- doesn't seem to respect the vows that Tomas has taken, (let alone hers but okay), she sees them as something that can be easily discarded, and okay sure maybe he didn't want to be a Priest, and only did it for his grandmother, but the fact is he took his vows and hasn't renounced them. If she really loved him then she wouldn't keep pushing him to break them all the time.

Look I'm a sucker a for a good "forbidden love" story as much as anyone else, and one of my favourite stories was the story of Assumpta and Peter in Ballykissangel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballykissangel  I loved watching them fall in love and loved watching them admit it to each other and was devastated when they killed Assumpta at the end of season 3. But I just can't get behind these two and it's not because of their "love" It's because Tomas is clearly still ashamed/undecided about whether this is the right thing for him/wants to have his cake and eat it too, and there's an actual case of demonic possession in his parish and if he goes in there again the demon will use this secret against him again.

THAT? Is the fucking problem right now

• Love 3

Can anyone offer an opinion as to what they think is going on here? There has been much talk about someone who is "coming". At first I thought they meant the Pope was coming to Chicago or maybe some high level member of the church. But after this episode, I'm guessing they may have actually been talking about the return of Satan or some other individual or group of demons. Are demons the same kind of beings as fallen angels?

I thought the "he's coming" reference referred to Satan, too. I believe tour bus couple also mentioned this. Love this show. So disappointed in Fr. Tomas and Jessica. She needs to go away and leave him alone. What kind of sick person pursues a priest? Marcus is the man, I would watch a show all about him. Glad the nuns are coming back next episode. Nuns never get enough credit, and I love how they've been included and made important to vanquishing demons, very interesting. Did anyone catch their order?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, BigBlueMastiff said:

I thought the "he's coming" reference referred to Satan, too. I believe tour bus couple also mentioned this. Love this show. So disappointed in Fr. Tomas and Jessica. She needs to go away and leave him alone. What kind of sick person pursues a priest? Marcus is the man, I would watch a show all about him. Glad the nuns are coming back next episode. Nuns never get enough credit, and I love how they've been included and made important to vanquishing demons, very interesting. Did anyone catch their order?

I don't recall the nuns' order being named, but it would be a fictional one, to be sure, like the fictional Friars of Ascension.  For those who are not familiar with Roman Catholicism, please make no mistake that much of how the Church is presented in this show is fictional.  Please don't rely on this TV series as a way to learn about the religion.  I love this show, was raised Catholic, and can separate the fictional from fact.  Jessica should know better, way better!  That's why I think she's in league with evil forces.  ;)

• Love 6
On November 7, 2016 at 1:03 PM, BigBlueMastiff said:

At least when Samantha Jones tried to get with a Priest, she had the decency to bring a can of beans for the food drive.  

• Love 2