Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

Someone into fitness.  I am wondering if it is someone from the gym or connected with the football team he was coaching last year.  I wonder if he is still coaching a team?  Shannon on the Podcast said David got very cocky during the affair.

IMO, anything other than meek/submissive behavior from David would be considered "cocky" behavior according to Shannon. I mean really, this is a woman who berated her husband on camera, in front of their children, for eating nachos/salsa dip while she was cooking her dry/bland chicken! Oh, and she got their daughters to chime in on berating him as well! David was wrong to step out of their marriage before leaving her first but he did try to tell her he was unhappy and she could have cared less as it wasn't what she wanted. JMO

• Love 5

IMO, anything other than meek/submissive behavior from David would be considered "cocky" behavior according to Shannon. I mean really, this is a woman who berated her husband on camera, in front of their children, for eating nachos/salsa dip while she was cooking her dry/bland chicken! Oh, and she got their daughters to chime in on berating him as well! David was wrong to steparrow-10x10.png out of their marriage before leaving her first but he did try to tell her he was unhappy and she could have cared less as it wasn't what she wanted. JMO

I usually agree with you on these folks but I think David is getting a lot of mileage for getting nagged at for eating chips and salsa. I don't consider domestic violence meek or telling the mother of your children she is "stupid" and  "crazy" because she suspected you are having an affair when it is true, meek, courageous or submissive.  He was a sneaky, lying coward that has a second chance to make his marriage work.   Cocky behavior was the big change in the personality once the cameras started rolling.   A man who just wants to be happy and all the while is cheating on his wife and when the cameras are off calling her stupid and crazy.  I still maintain if Shannon had been a doting wife or we had seen his despicable self-admitted bordering on abusive behavior he would have been regarded with less respect than Brooks, or Mario or Slade.  I still don't give the marriage a chance as this guy is so incredibly self-absorbed.  Sure would not want him to ever have an unhappy day.  I would like to see how Shannon behaved toward a spouse that was faithful and not borderline abusive.  Than I could make a fairer judgment about her.

• Love 7

I usually agree with you on these folks but I think David is getting a lot of mileage for getting nagged at for eating chips and salsa. I don't consider domestic violence meek or telling the mother of your children she is "stupid" and  "crazy" because she suspected you are having an affair when it is true, meek, courageous or submissive.  He was a sneaky, lying coward that has a second chance to make his marriage work.   Cocky behavior was the big change in the personality once the cameras started rolling.   A man who just wants to be happy and all the while is cheating on his wife and when the cameras are off calling her stupid and crazy.  I still maintain if Shannon had been a doting wife or we had seen his despicable self-admitted bordering on abusive behavior he would have been regarded with less respect than Brooks, or Mario or Slade.  I still don't give the marriage a chance as this guy is so incredibly self-absorbed.  Sure would not want him to ever have an unhappy day.  I would like to see how Shannon behaved toward a spouse that was faithful and not borderline abusive.  Than I could make a fairer judgment about her.

The problem with this scenario is that we have not seen David "act out" or any "cocky" behavior from him IMO but we have seen Shannon belittle him in front of their children on several occasions, belittle him in front of the other HWs/SO and according to her timeline, it happened before he cheated. As for the domestic abuse charges, Yes, it happened but I am not sure he got physical with her because she tends to overreact to any confrontation/heated argument with everyone else so it may be just as she claimed, a heated verbal argument and nothing more and it happened years ago and there were no other incidents as far as we know. Also, there is no other indication or evidence to suggest he has cheated before or that he was physically/verbally after that 1 incident .

That said, I again repeat that he was wrong to step outside the marriage, wrong! But if Shannon is intent on making it work, she needs to back off some and practice what she preaches...forgiveness and she needs to make his needs just as much a priority as hers are. IMO, Shannon puts her needs/happiness above everyone else's needs/happiness. JMO

• Love 3

Does anybody know the time line of the affair? I ask because, I'm confused about the end last season they were happy, now they are a mess.

The affair happened during or before last season?

Shannon found out recently? As I read on one of these threads, Shannon was posting happy pics/tweets of them after last season.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm just now starting to watch the entire episodes.

• Love 2
(edited)

Does anybody know the time line of the affair? I ask because, I'm confused about the end last season they were happy, now they are a mess.

The affair happened during or before last season?

Shannon found out recently? As I read on one of these threads, Shannon was posting happy pics/tweets of them after last season.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm just now starting to watch the entire episodes.

They began filming the last season around the end of October, 2013. They filmed through the middle of March, 2014. The show premiered around the middle of April, 2014. Shannon said she found the hotel receipts on April 1st, 2014, so right between when they stopped filming and when the show premiered is when she found out. This would mean the affair was going on during filming. That means that in every blog she wrote talking about how things were getting progressively better, they weren't really. When she talked on the reunion stage about them being in a much better place, they really were not (the reunion was filmed in Auguest, 2014 I believe). When she was posting all the pictures of them having fun during the hiatus, we now know that she was actually a mess, and filled with jealousy and uncertainty. The thing this means to me is that I won't know what to believe if during this season she talks about them being happy. She said it before and it wasn't true, so how to believe her moving forward? Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2

They began filming the last season around the end of October, 2013. They filmed through the middle of March, 2014. The show premiered around the middle of April, 2014. Shannon said she found the hotel receipts on April 1st, 2014, so right between when they stopped filming and when the show premiered is when she found out. This would mean the affair was going on during filming. That means that in every blog she wrote talking about how things were getting progressively better, they weren't really. When she talked on the reunion stage about them being in a much better place, they really were not (the reunion was filmed in Auguest, 2014 I believe). When she was posting all the pictures of them having fun during the hiatus, we now know that she was actually a mess, and filled with jealousy and uncertainty. The thing this means to me is that I won't know what to believe if during this season she talks about them being happy. She said it before and it wasn't true, so how to believe her moving forward?

Thanks mcm65,

I agree it will be hard to believe her if she says they are getting closer/happy.

I like watching these shows, but watching someone go through real life problems on a reality show is not enjoyable.

I can watch Shannon and Meghan have a ridiculous fight over a phone call, and while Meghan annoyed me, it was just a silly reality show fight.

Watching Shannon and David struggle with infidelity, not fun.

• Love 5

They began filming the last season around the end of October, 2013. They filmed through the middle of March, 2014. The show premiered around the middle of April, 2014. Shannon said she found the hotelarrow-10x10.png receipts on April 1st, 2014, so right between when they stopped filming and when the show premiered is when she found out. This would mean the affair was going on during filming. That means that in every blog she wrote talking about how things were getting progressively better, they weren't really. When she talked on the reunion stage about them being in a much better place, they really were not (the reunion was filmed in Auguest, 2014 I believe). When she was posting all the pictures of them having fun during the hiatus, we now know that she was actually a mess, and filled with jealousy and uncertainty. The thing this means to me is that I won't know what to believe if during this season she talks about them being happy. She said it before and it wasn't true, so how to believe her moving forward?

I posted a link to an interview with Heather McDonald and Shannon (they are now friends) and she basically asked Shannon about all that, as she and her husband were with the Beadors before Shannon found out, after Shannon found out in April and shortly before the reunion taped.   She talks about what they overcame.  I get this eerie Ramona Mario feeling that once David said he was going to stay the course, Shannon needed to abide by their decision.   I also get this awful feeling that we are going to here from David's girlfriend and it won't be flattering to Shannon.  My guess is something happened during David's two week vacation from the marriage that influenced his decision to give the marriage another try.

• Love 5

The problem with this scenario is that we have not seen David "act out" or any "cocky" behavior from him IMO but we have seen Shannon belittle him in front of their children on several occasions, belittle him in front of the other HWs/SO and accordingarrow-10x10.png to her timeline, it happened before he cheated. As for the domestic abuse charges, Yes, it happened but I am not sure he got physical with her because she tends to overreact to any confrontation/heated argument with everyone else so it may be just as she claimed, a heated verbal argument and nothing more and it happened years ago and there were no other incidents as far as we know. Also, there is no other indication or evidence to suggest he has cheated before or that he was physically/verbally after that 1 incident .

That said, I again repeat that he was wrong to step outside the marriage, wrong! But if Shannon is intent on making it work, she needs to backarrow-10x10.png off some and practice what she preaches...forgiveness and she needs to make his needs just as much a priority as hers are. IMO, Shannon puts her needs/happiness above everyone else's needs/happiness. JMO

i think the cocky behavior we saw was at the Hoedown--arriving late, drinking shots in the middle of the afternoon, needless to say the "spead 'em" comments.  I also saw the working out to get fit--thought it was for the show not a girlfriend.  I also thought his behavior in Mexico was cocky.  

No, we don't know when the affair started she said she had suspected it for awhile and he called her crazy and stupid.  This is a relatively short period of time between October and April.  So it sounded to me like fairly early on (during filming) she became suspect and it was finally confirmedarrow-10x10.png on April 1st.

If courts recordsarrow-10x10.png say domestic violence and he plead guilty and later had the charges dismissed pursuant to a slow plea then he touched her.

I cannot say it enough times telling someone they are "crazy" or "stupid" is abusive.  Telling them that and they are in fact correctarrow-10x10.png about the person's affair is horrific.

I agreearrow-10x10.png Shannon if she wants to stay in the marriage is going to have to placate David.  I don't necessarily agree she puts her needs above her children's but I do think it is going to be watching a marriage die a slow death.  .I hope I am wrong but I just don't think David is interested in the mansion and the wife and kids.  Sadly, there is nothing Shannon can do to save it.  

• Love 1

I posted a link to an interview with Heather McDonald and Shannon (they are now friends) and she basically asked Shannon about all that, as she and her husband were with the Beadors before Shannon found out, after Shannon found out in April and shortly before the reunion taped.   She talks about what they overcame.  I get this eerie Ramona Mario feeling that once David said he was going to stay the course, Shannon needed to abide by their decision.   I also get this awful feeling that we are going to here from David's girlfriend and it won't be flattering to Shannon.  My guess is something happened during David's two week vacation from the marriage that influenced his decision to give the marriage another try.

I am surprised we have not heard from the other woman as of yet. She is either married and her husband does not know about the affair or something else but it is odd that not a peep has been heard. It is also weird that nothing about the affair leaked out before filming for this season started up. I'm sorry, this is all so suspicious/questionable IMO, an affair with no reports/leaks and the whole time, Shannon was still tweeting that their marriage was great/wonderful/happy/better than ever.  JMO as I scratch my head.

• Love 2

Per what I've watched, I've never seen David behave cockily. Resigned? Definitely. Exhausted? You bet. Shannon's constant criticism in the first season extended way beyond a jab about salsa and chips; I recall her alluding to David's working class roots on several occasions (there seemed to be an uneasy exchange of remarks when preparing the girls for cotillion class, although I can't remember if David or Shannon initiated it); freaking out and sobbing at the dinner in front of Vicki in Mexico where she accused David of deliberately trying to make her look bad; complaining about his early bedtimes while she stayed up late surfing the computer; telling him that she needed another swig of vodka in order to make kissing him palatable; blaming him for their tardiness to the hoedown. The lamentations are endless. I think that Shannon's consistent put-downs to her husband are borderline abusive in and of themselves. If viewers were treated to the inverse of David remonstrating his wife ad nauseum, I'm pretty sure it would telegraph as perverse and appalling. Prior to watching their dynamic, I always rolled my eyes at the premise advanced in some psychiatric schools of thought - that both spouses can be responsible when one strays. I can only imagine how defeating it would be to have Shannon as a mate, and David conveyed over and over again to her last season that what he wanted was an end to the bickering and grievances. That being said, it was beyond fucked up for David to call Shannon "crazy" and "stupid" (although we have only her perspective on that) after her gaslighting by Tamra and Heather. He should have addressed the situation directly. I'm wondering if he didn't want to relinquish total narrative control to Shannon and is going to be out once her time on the show is up.

• Love 5
(edited)

i think the cocky behavior we saw was at the Hoedown--arriving late, drinking shots in the middle of the afternoon, needless to say the "spead 'em" comments.  I also saw the working out to get fit--thought it was for the show not a girlfriend.  I also thought his behavior in Mexico was cocky.  

No, we don't know when the affair started she said she had suspected it for awhile and he called her crazy and stupid.  This is a relatively short period of time between October and April.  So it sounded to me like fairly early on (during filming) she became suspect and it was finally confirmedarrow-10x10.png on April 1st.

If courts recordsarrow-10x10.png say domestic violence and he plead guilty and later had the charges dismissed pursuant to a slow plea then he touched her.

I cannot say it enough times telling someone they are "crazy" or "stupid" is abusive.  Telling them that and they are in fact correctarrow-10x10.png about the person's affair is horrific.

I agreearrow-10x10.png Shannon if she wants to stay in the marriage is going to have to placate David.  I don't necessarily agree she puts her needs above her children's but I do think it is going to be watching a marriage die a slow death.  .I hope I am wrong but I just don't think David is interested in the mansion and the wife and kids.  Sadly, there is nothing Shannon can do to save it.  

We also saw Shannon remind David, in front of their kids and the HWs/spouses/SO on camera that he married up, that she was better because she was raised with money, that she attended "cotillion" classes as a child, that she has better/proper manners, so on and so forth. It was an entire season of her castrating him IMO and you can't maintain a marriage like that. I agree that David was wrong to cheat, he should have told her flat out that he was unhappy.....Oh Wait, he did just that in Mexico and it changed nothing with her. They need to let go IMO but I suspect that Shannon is the one stopping that from happening through threats of financial ruin and/or that she will turn the kids against him. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Per he dv charge, Shannon herself said David never touched her. I think personally that there are way too many unknowns for me to decide that he's abusive based on a decade-old legal dispute. Just because she is saying now that he never touched her doesn't mean that's what she said to the police at the time. So, which narrative is inherently more believable? David may have put his hands on her for all I know. But, at the same time, a whole lot of other things could have happened - Shannon could have touched him first and blanched when he responded in some capacity, etc. In any instance, I haven't seen anything to suggest that the episode is a major influence on their current dynamic.

• Love 2

They began filming the last season around the end of October, 2013. They filmed through the middle of March, 2014. The show premiered around the middle of April, 2014. Shannon said she found the hotel receipts on April 1st, 2014, so right between when they stopped filming and when the show premiered is when she found out. This would mean the affair was going on during filming. That means that in every blog she wrote talking about how things were getting progressively better, they weren't really. When she talked on the reunion stage about them being in a much better place, they really were not (the reunion was filmed in Auguest, 2014 I believe). When she was posting all the pictures of them having fun during the hiatus, we now know that she was actually a mess, and filled with jealousy and uncertainty. The thing this means to me is that I won't know what to believe if during this season she talks about them being happy. She said it before and it wasn't true, so how to believe her moving forward?

Thank you for the timeline. I always get the dates of when things happened mixed up. As for Shannon saying they were happy and they really weren't, my experience with friends that have dealt with the aftermath of an affair is likened to an emotional roller coaster. Things can be tooling along just fine and some trigger can knock the ride off its rails. It's rarely just smooth sailing. And though I certainly didn't like the way Shannon was belittling David in the beginning of last season, I can understand that there was underlying tension going on that was off balancing to Shannon and David. It's sad, but I've seen it before, the more one spouse pulls away the more the other spouse pushes. I wish them the best. Many marriages have survived infedity and have even become stronger. I question the wisdom of trying to repair a marriage while being in a reality tv show, but hey ya never know, it just might work.

• Love 6

All so true and I think he's very aware of the camera and he isn't going to give any indication of anger at Shannon that could be read as abuse. He's no dummy.

• Love 2
(edited)

Per he dv charge, Shannon herself said David never touched her. I think personally that there are way too many unknowns for me to decide that he's abusive based on a decade-old legal dispute. Just because she is saying now that he never touched her doesn't mean that's what she said to the police at the time. So, which narrative is inherently more believable? David may have put his hands on her for all I know. But, at the same time, a whole lot of other things could have happened - Shannon could have touched him first and blanched when he responded in some capacity, etc. In any instance, I haven't seen anything to suggest that the episode is a major influence on their current dynamic.

What does Shannon say happen? Was he threatening her or breaking things? I've always been so confused by this story. He was convicted of something right?

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 1

I like watching these shows, but watching someone go through real life problems on a reality show is not enjoyable.

I can watch Shannon and Meghan have a ridiculous fight over a phone call, and while Meghan annoyed me, it was just a silly reality show fight.

Watching Shannon and David struggle with infidelity, not fun.

This.  I feel the same way.   I remember thinking during yet another talking head where Shannon was going on about the affair and marriage that I'm sort of already tired of hearing about it and I hope it's not her focus for the entire season.  

• Love 2

Shannon gave interviews around the time the story initially broke ie before she even premiered on the show, I think, but after she had been cast. She said, essentially, that she and David were in an extended argument and that she called the police because she wanted the heated verbal exchange to stop. "There was no physical anything." I haven't read the court documents but either she cooperated at the time and has since recanted or there was some other manner of evidence to compel David to plead guilty - which he had to do for the deal. DV charges are difficult to convict even with victim testimony. Or David had really bad legal counsel.

• Love 2

Shannon gave interviews around the time the story initially broke ie before she even premiered on the show, I think, but after she had been cast. She said, essentially, that she and David were in an extended argument and that she called the police because she wanted the heated verbal exchange to stop. "There was no physical anything." I haven't read the court documents but either she cooperated at the time and has since recanted or there was some other manner of evidence to compel David to plead guilty - which he had to do for the deal. DV charges are difficult to convict even with victim testimony. Or David had really bad legal counsel.

That makes no sense. She called the police because they were still fighting? How long had they been fighting? And if he wasn't touching her or threatening her what did they arrest him for? Shouting? And why would Shannon call the police if it wasn't a big deal? What did she think they would do? Take away his chips and salsa and then move on? They arrest people! It's their job! That is one smelly story.
  • Love 8

The entire story is ambiguous - David plead to "willfully using unlawful force against a cohabitant," which is standard legal language for domestic assault and battery and which you have to use when you plea. Shannon addressed no specifics during her media rounds other than to say she hadn't been physically assaulted.

• Love 3

That makes no sense. She called the police because they were still fighting? How long had they been fighting? And if he wasn't touching her or threatening her what did they arrest him for? Shouting? And why would Shannon call the police if it wasn't a big deal? What did she think they would do? Take away his chips and salsa and then move on? They arrest people! It's their job! That is one smelly story.

I think it's right up there with her 'wardrobe malfunction' and 'lash malfunction'. She came up with a save face explanation, but it makes no sense.

• Love 3

I think it's right up there with her 'wardrobe malfunction' and 'lash malfunction'. She came up with a save face explanation, but it makes no sense.

I missed those two. What were these malfunctions?

No, it never made any sense to me. She said she was in no physical danger but that she called the police because she wanted the argument to stop. Then again, this is a woman who publicly admitted in her first season that she came on a reality TV show because her marriage was horrible and that she felt like watching it on TV might fix it. Both of these things tie for the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone say, and I watched Donald Trump announce his candidacy live.

• Love 6

I missed those two. What were these malfunctions?

In Napa when Shannon and David were in the hotel golf cart enroute to meet everyone to go to the Bellos house, they got into an argument and had the driver drive past. When asked by Heather (I think) why they just drove by, Shannon said she had wardrobe and lash malfunctions.

• Love 4

That makes no sense. She called the police because they were still fighting? How long had they been fighting? And if he wasn't touching her or threatening her what did they arrest him for? Shouting? And why would Shannon call the police if it wasn't a big deal? What did she think they would do? Take away his chips and salsa and then move on? They arrest people! It's their jobarrow-10x10.png! That is one smelly story.

Shannon made her media tour after she found out about the affairarrow-10x10.png.   My guess is she was trying to keep what was left of the marriage together.  This is a guy that thinks his behavior is above reproach.

(edited)

No, it never made any sense to me. She said she was in no physical danger but that she called the police because she wanted the argument to stop. Then again, this is a woman who publicly admitted in her first season that she came on a reality TV show because her marriage was horrible and that she felt like watching it on TV might fix it. Both of these things tie for the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone say, and I watched Donald Trump announce his candidacy live.

I mean I guess it's possible. Back when I worked for a public official I used to get the occasional call from someone who wanted to undo a call to the police. Usually it was rich parents who found a joint in their kids room and called PD and then were shocked whe the kid was arrested. They always say they thought the cops would just scare the kid or something like they were calling in Dr Phill or some shit (always rich parents. Poor ones know better). On occasion a call made in the middle of a basically normal argument would escalate into a DV call once PD showed up, but it's really rare for PD to make an arrest just for a fight. Usually PD at least hears a pretty credible threat before they go arresting people. For it to go all the way to a guilty or non contest plea...my gut says something happened beyond "really bad fight". On the other hand, Shannon does strike me as exactly the sort of rich spoiled person who thinks she can use PD as her own personal scared straight counciling session while controlling any consequences. She MIGHT be clueless enough to think she could call in PD to come and tell David to be nicer to her and then send them on their merry way, but that's a big might. It's so hard to tell with her. She never strikes me as really reliable, but neither does David. Man, those poor kids growing up in that house.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

Per what I've watched, I've never seen David behave cockily. Resigned? Definitely. Exhausted? You bet. Shannon's constant criticism in the first season extended way beyond a jab about salsa and chips; I recall her alluding to David's working class roots on several occasions (there seemed to be an uneasy exchange of remarks when preparing the girls for cotillion class, although I can't remember if David or Shannon initiated it); freaking out and sobbing at the dinner in front of Vicki in Mexico where she accused David of deliberately trying to make her look bad; complaining about his early bedtimes while she stayed up late surfing the computer; telling him that she needed another swig of vodka in order to make kissing him palatable; blaming him for their tardiness to the hoedown. The lamentations are endless. I think that Shannon's consistent put-downs to her husband are borderline abusive in and of themselves. If viewers were treated to the inverse of David remonstrating his wife ad nauseum, I'm pretty sure it would telegraph as perverse and appalling. Prior to watching their dynamic, I always rolled my eyes at the premise advanced in some psychiatric schoolsarrow-10x10.png of thought - that both spouses can be responsible when one strays. I can only imagine how defeating it would be to have Shannon as a mate, and David conveyed over and over again to her last season that what he wanted was an end to the bickering and grievances. That being said, it was beyond fucked up for David to call Shannon "crazy" and "stupid" (although we have only her perspective on that) after her gaslighting by Tamra and Heather. He should have addressed the situation directly. I'm wondering if he didn't want to relinquish total narrative control to Shannon and is going to be out once her time on the show is up.

I agree David wanted an end to the bickering and the grievances.  What he wasn't willing to do was tell her the the truth.  To me what Shannon was saying was after marrying David and nine months later having a child, followed by twins, she was at long last getting to contribute to the family financially, get a little attention-as in working, not trust accounts or savings and David was misbehaving, behind the scenes, like a man having an affair.  I will say this no one will ever accuse these two of carrying on a phony happy marriage for the cameras.  When Tamra and Vicki were going on and on at the Reunion about David the Flirt, David finally caught on and realized his behavior and being called out on it was hurting his wife.  That is what I think of as cocky-the flirting with new acquaintances, the tequila shots, the comments to Heather at the Hoedown.  According to David, he was the reason for their tardiness, as he was coaching and working on free throws. Terry was not amused.  Last time I checked coach sets the time for practice.

I would not want to be around Shannon and David as a couple with Shannon being on a nagathon but I just have a hard time with did the nagging come as a result of the affair or was there pre-existing nagging, Shannon's inattentiveness and web surfing, David's justification for the affair?  Many a partner in a happy marriage has strayed and it has more to do with lust and a lack of impulse control and ultimately justification that somehow they are entitled to stray.  

• Love 3

The significance of nine lemons: last season, significant focus was devoted to Shannon's non-toxic/New Age-y philosophies (way more interesting and enjoyable to watch than the Beador marriage); she enlists a feng shui consultant to help her arrange her house in such a way as to foster auspicious energy (she mentions crystals prior to departing for the marriage counseling this year). The expert instructed her to always keep nine lemons in a bowl in her kitchen . . . David has been more or less of a cipher to me save for instances where he looks bedraggled and beaten-down. What has he done on camera to suggest that he believes his behavior is above reproach?

• Love 2
(edited)

In case you want info on the rumor of the other woman:

Credited to AllThingsRealHousewives: “David had fallen hard for the woman and Shannon knew it,” an insider claims. “She had to beg him to come back home. It wasn’t David that wanted it. He was truly afraid that if he didn’t, Shannon would humiliate him on RHOC.”

So what’s the current status of their marriage? “Shannon and David’s friends are predicting the marriage won’t last,” the source tells RadarOnline. “The marriage is still on the rocks.”

So who is David’s mistress? According to Real Mr. Housewife, she is allegedlу the president of a verу big information technologу companу, has blonde hair and is also allegedly married! The site claims the woman has two children; one is a boу and one is a girl…

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 1

I am surprised we have not heard from the other woman as of yet. She is either married and her husband does not know about the affair or something else but it is odd that not a peep has been heard. It is also weird that nothing about the affair leaked out before filming for this season started up. I'm sorry, this is all so suspicious/questionable IMO, an affair with no reports/leaks and the whole time, Shannon was still tweeting that their marriage was great/wonderful/happy/better than ever.  JMO as I scratch my head.

Or she is someone who has no interest in being publicly known for having an affair with a married man. My personal sense is that David wouldn't fall for some Vanderpump Rules-esque famewhore who wants the world to know about her sexual dirty laundry. But MMV.

• Love 2

Ugh.  I can't believe I've done a complete 180 on Shannon.  I really liked her last season, despite her nagging of David.

Now she's just a mopey, bitchy hot mess.  I can't stand her now.

And on a shallow note, I can't stand her fashion sense or lack thereof.   My 86 yr old Mother (god rest her soul) had more style.

• Love 3

In case you want info on the rumor of the other woman:

Credited to AllThingsRealHousewives: “David had fallen hard for the woman and Shannon knew it,” an insider claims. “She had to beg him to come back home. It wasn’t David that wanted it. He was truly afraid that if he didn’t, Shannon would humiliate him on RHOC.”

So what’s the current status of their marriage? “Shannon and David’s friends are predicting the marriage won’t last,” the source tells RadarOnline. “The marriage is still on the rocks.”

So who is David’s mistress? According to Real Mr. Housewife, she is allegedlу the president of a verу big information technologу companу, has blonde hair and is also allegedly married! The site claims the woman has two children; one is a boу and one is a girl…

Since it involves RadarOnLine I have questions about the veracity.  David is ruined on RHOC for having the affair.  What difference did it make if he went to his happy place or stayed with Shannon--the whole world knows now.  I sure Shannon has no qualms about the identity of the other woman coming out.  

(edited)

Since it involves RadarOnLine I have questions about the veracity. David is ruined on RHOC for having the affair. What difference did it make if he went to his happy place or stayed with Shannon--the whole world knows now. I sure Shannon has no qualms about the identity of the other woman coming out.

I don't think the Bedors are the most self-aware people on earth. They seem pretty self involved even by RH standards. I could see them thinking they would be really popular with the audience this season. Why not? They were last season and probably just assumed it was because they're soooooo charming and real and downplayed how much sympathy anyone fighting with Tamara gets. I mean apparently Shannon is stil tweeting about how happy they are like we don't have eyes and can't see the show. I'm sure they think everyone loves them and loves their story of getting their marriage back on track. I'm also pretty sure Shannon is no where near above making some pretty nasty threats and engaging in emotional blackmail if need be. I can see David hearing some version of "You come home or THEY WILL ALL SEE THE TRUTH!"

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 10

I don't think the Bedors are the most self-aware people on earth. They seem pretty self involved even by RH standards. I could see them thinking they would be really popular with the audience this season. Why not? They were last season and probably just assumed it was because they're soooooo charming and real and downplayed how much sympathy anyone fighting with Tamara gets. I mean apparently Shannon is stil tweeting about how happy they are like we don't have eyes and can't see the show. I'm sure they think everyone loves them and loves their story of getting their marriage back on track. I'm also pretty sure Shannon is no where near above making some pretty nasty threats and engaging in emotional blackmail if need be. I can see David hearing some version of "You come home or THEY WILL ALL SEE THE TRUTH!"

They are asking the audience to embrace way too many things.  The New Age stuff, the affair, the going back to church, the nagging, the stiffness between the two of them, marriage counseling, apologizing to the kids., the battle with Meghan.  As a character on this show something in your life needs to work.  They are just way too hard to keep track of.  Will they be happy intact family?  Sad sack Shannon?  Shannon at the doctor with a finger up her butt?  Drinking Shannon and David?

• Love 5
(edited)

I get this eerie Ramona Mario feeling that once David said he was going to stay the course, Shannon needed to abide by their decision. I also get this awful feeling that we are going to here from David's girlfriend and it won't be flattering to Shannon. My guess is something happened during David's two week vacation from the marriage that influenced his decision to give the marriage another try.

Agreed.

There is a saying that men don't pay hookers to have sex, but to leave afterwards. Not that David was sleeping with a hooker...the opposite, in fact. He probably was having an affair with someone who is also conflicted about being involved with infidelity and had her own set of problems. He moves out of his home and suddenly this woman who has been feeding his machismo and listening sympathetically to his trials with Shannon turns out to be as needy and as as broken as the next human being. Maybe he realized having a wife who likes her vodka a bit too much and has a thing for lemons isn't that bad considering she actually does love him deeply (I believe this, though YMMV) and is in it for all the dark times as well as the good.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking, as usual. There is also a part of me that wants Shannon to run away with a Yoga guru and move to a Tibetan lemon field.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

Is it possible the woman he had an affair with was one of the women at the infamous lunch from last season when Heather was discussing the email David had sent to Shannon (that Tamra leaked)?  I always wondered how that info got back to David.  He sent a text to Shannon stating he heard Heather was gossiping about them at lunch with a bunch of women.  How did he find out about that? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Agreed.

There is a saying that men don't pay hookers to have sex, but to leave afterwards. Not that David was sleeping with a hooker...the opposite, in fact. He probably was having an affair with someone who is also conflicted about being involved with infidelity and had her own set of problems. He moves out of his home and suddenly this woman who has been feeding his machismo and listening sympathetically to his trials with Shannon turns out to be as needy and as as broken as the next human being. Maybe he realized having a wife who likes her vodka a bit too much and has a thing for lemons isn't that bad considering she actually does love him deeply (I believe this, though YMMV) and is in it for all the dark times as well as the good.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking, as usual. There is also a part of me that wants Shannon to run away with a Yoga guru and move to a Tibetan lemon field.

I say this as someone who does not think Shannon is a particularly good person and who has a very strong suspicion that she would find a way to be disappointed in whoever she married (I suspect I'm in the minority, but I just get the worst vibe from her. Very manipulative, dishonest, and self-centered. I have this gut feeling that if you know her long enough she finds a way to be betrayed by you)but I suspect you have a really good point here. David was likely 1/2 in love with the emotional simplicity of an affair. Its all exciting want without any daily grind. He may have picked someone even needer than Shannon and not realized until they spent a little time trying to be a real couple. In my experience, the affair is rarely an upgrade. People often pick more of the same, but don't realize it until they're so far in they've ruined their marriage. I don't think David is a victim and I don't think Shannon is responsible for his behavior. I do however, think she is responsible for her own and she can be a nasty bitch when she feels attacked. they really should seperate for a while. Release the pressure of facing eachother everyday, find out if they miss each other. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 6

I could be misremembering as well but I believe Shannon's version was that a woman at the luncheon reported back to her own husband who then relayed the info to David. However, if I'm not mistaken, I think Heather's account was that David had a "lady friend" (deliberate choice of words, imo) present at the function - in Heather's talking head summary, I'm pretty sure she didn't mention a husband and was establishing the implication that that omission suggests.

• Love 1

I could be misremembering as well but I believe Shannon's version was that a woman at the luncheon reported back to her own husband who then relayed the info to David. However, if I'm not mistaken, I think Heather's account was that David had a "lady friend" (deliberate choice of words, imo) present at the function - in Heather's talking head summary, I'm pretty sure she didn't mention a husband and was establishing the implication that that omission suggests.

Ahhh, interesting.   I knew you guys would know the answer to this!  (Thanks to biakbiak, as well).   :)

Actually, Heather repeated what Tamra told her...."That David moved out and that he wanted a "Divorce"! That is what got back to him, Tamra's words which I suspect she heard directly from Shannon. I really believe that this affair and her finding out all happened during filming LAST season, not April of this year. It would make most of their fights, Shannon's comments about his new drinking habits, the conversation in Mexico when David tells Shannon that all he "wants is to be happy", her/him moving back into the marital together after many, many years sleeping apart and all the Hawaii love/happy/happy tweets make sense. I don't think either wanted it made public last season but decided to "use" it this season as their main storyline for some idiotic reason that is beyond my compression! LOL   JMO

• Love 2

I really believe that this affair and her finding out all happened during filming LAST season, not April of this year. 

I think you're right.  According to LALate, Vicki knew about it last year.

LALate David Affair

“Since Shannon Beador revealed the David Beador affair bombshell, multiple cast members have come forward to tell news that they knew about David’s cheating. The latest is Vicki. She tells BravoTV ‘When Shannon confided in me last year about what David was doing, I made a promise to her that I would not share that information with anyone and I kept that promise to her’.”

• Love 2

I think you're right.  According to LALate, Vicki knew about it last year.

LALate David Affair

“Since Shannon Beador revealed the David Beador affair bombshell, multiple cast members have come forward to tell news that they knew about David’s cheating. The latest is Vicki. She tells BravoTV ‘When Shannon confided in me last year about what David was doing, I made a promise to her that I would not share that information with anyone and I kept that promise to her’.”

Heather said that she "knew something" about Shannon/David but never told what it was and Shannon acknowledge that at the reunion. It was about the cheating IMO.

• Love 1

Regarding the timing of the affair, about three weeks ago Shannon said on Instagram:

I have forgiven my husband who had an 8 month affair that started one day after I started filming a reality show.

It's part of a longer comment where she defends herself against someone who was calling her crazy. Most of the comments on her posts are from people who are sympathetic towards her, and many are sharing their own stories. It's like a global support group on social media, and I think it's weird. Shannon posts a lot of pictures of her kids, and also pictures of her and David on date nights and such.

• Love 1

Wow.  That's really awful. So Shannon actually has footage of a time when her husband cheated on her and she was unaware.  If I were Shannon, I would be re-watching to see if there were any clues gone unnoticed.  I would be re-winding, and pointing out things to my spouse and wondering, "Why did you say that?" or "Why did you do that?" "Where were you going?"  That actually sounds torturous.  I hope she and David are doing well today. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just saw this article about the top 5 reasons people...I'm not sure which reason David would choose. What the article does say is that couples can move past it If the marriage was satisfying for the most part. I'm still unsure if shannon/David can make it long term...but no one will ever dispute that Shannon is not a quitter.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/5-brave-people-reveal-the-reason-they-cheated-124688480223.html

Edited by JAYJAY1979

Just want to say that imo Shannon is REAL (as opposed to Bethenny, who claims to be real in her tagline) - what you see is what you get, insecurities and all. I'd like to know her.

• Love 2

But I think that sounds like instead of David needing to get Shannons trust back Shannon should be working on what made David cheat. First things first. Shannon needs to express her pain, figure out even for herself what she needs from David in order to feel the way she needs to feel about him in order to move forward. It was broken by him and her distrust, pain and hurt need to be validated to her satisfaction before she can feel like she trusts him. Basically he needs to prove that no matter what he doesn't want to hurt her again like that but if she feels that he is still perturbed by her behavior, how she treats him, how she acts then she'll never trust he won't stray again. She can try to do things differently but she can't change who she ultimately is and she needs to believe that he can take her as she is in order for her to even trust him again. If it turns into it being about Shannon needing to change they we are ultimately saying that David had a right to cheat and therefore I would expect Shannon will never get over it because it's established that her behavior was the reason and since she can't completely change who she is there is always the possibility that she will get cheated on again. I think once Shannon trusts that David is committed to her and their family then that's when she can move on to working on how she interacts with him and not before. One thing at a time but if that door is open, when David feels he has his own list of demands then it will just turn into a pissing contest where it takes on a vibe of looking out for oneself instead of working on the union.

I don't in any way think David should be absolved for his cheating. If he was having issues with their relationship, he should have articulated them to Shannon rather than betray her trust and their marriage vows. I guess my issue is how this is being portrayed. Shannon has said that they've agreed to move on, but all they show is her dwelling on the affair and obsessing. David is coming off as cowering and contrite and Shannon is coming off like an obsessed shrew. I guess I just disagree with Shannon about having this used as her storyline. It's too real, but at the same time not airing David's actual transgressions gives him a bit of a pass that is unwarranted.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't in any way think David should be absolved for his cheating. If he was having issues with their relationship, he should have articulated them to Shannon rather than betray her trust and their marriage vows. I guess my issue is how this is being portrayed. Shannon has said that they've agreed to move on, but all they show is her dwelling on the affair and obsessing. David is coming off as cowering and contrite and Shannon is coming off like an obsessed shrew. I guess I just disagree with Shannon about having this used as her storyline. It's too real, but at the same time not airing David's actual transgressions gives him a bit of a pass that is unwarranted.

What I took away from Shannon comments both on the show and on WWHL, is she and David were moving forward. To me moving on, is to put the issue causing the turmoil behind you and not talk about it.  Obviously on the show they are still in therapy and that would involve discussing the affair,  I find Shannon honest and unfortunately  RHOC isn't exactly ESPN, but if cheating or about to cheat men watched in they might get n idea of how it affects their family.  Even if Shannon left David or vice versa these conversations continue.  The kids expect discussion from their parents and hearing Dad say, "I could not make mom happy," raises more questions and discussions than it ends.   I think that is why Shannon is popular because she is having to relive these moments again and hold her head up.  I think every person who has been cheated on relates to Shannon and her thinking about it 100 times a day and making real progress when they only think about 50 times a day. Kudos to her real friend, not RH friend, who has been there for her.  I also think Shannon is probably that kind of friend.  I thought it was great she mentioned and showed her friend.  Not everyone can afford expensive marriage counseling but everyone can afford to be a good friend.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3