Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

There's already a Shannon topic so this might be merged but I wanted to add my thoughts.

I truly think Shannon is reality gold. The reason why I'm interested in her is because I think she's being honest about her life. There have been how many seasons of Gretchen trying to act like she wants to get married and have a baby. Or Gretchen trying to be a country singer, pussycat dolls performer, and a handbag designer. Or endless scenes of Alexis trying to be a fashion designer, a reporter, or an actress.  Like, God, that shit is so boring and unrealistic. None of that would be happening if it wasn't for the show and I'm sick of watching these idiots taking "classes" that never lead anywhere. 

Watching Shannon and David's scenes together, never once did I think they were faking their emotions. That's why I watch reality tv. Show me your real life. Again, unlike Terry & Heather trying to act like they're fighting over Terry not helping with the kids when princess is working when they have tons of household help. Or couples like Slade & Gretchen getting engaged just to get a spin off Wedding Special.

I think Shannon came on the show because she was bored and thought this would give her life spark. She's used to being in control and probably quickly found out that she can't control producers and co-stars. I think most people join these shows with an agenda but with hundreds of hours of filming, it's very hard to keep up an act.

I'm very curious how she will try to alter her behavior if she comes back for a second season. It appears from her social media accounts that she's trying to work on her marriage. Hopefully there won't be some bullshit vow renewal.

BTW, when Shannon is first introduced to Heather she mentions that she's the Room Mom for her daughters that year at their school. So she's at least involved in something.

• Love 2

Yes I agree with all this for the most part. I'm still in the confused camp of why Shannon chose to go on this show. I'm absolutely fascinated by how truly real she and David are being. I think Shannon thought no one could pull any bullshit on her as long as she was an open book. She obviously never thought about the likes of Tamra out and out lying about her or Heather's delicate ear drums and twisted take on reality.

There's already a Shannon topic so this might be merged but I wanted to add my thoughts.

I truly think Shannon is reality gold. The reason why I'm interested in her is because I think she's being honest about her life. There have been how many seasons of Gretchen trying to act like she wants to get married and have a baby. Or Gretchen trying to be a country singer, pussycat dolls performer, and a handbag designer. Or endless scenes of Alexis trying to be a fashion designer, a reporter, or an actress.  Like, God, that shit is so boring and unrealistic. None of that would be happening if it wasn't for the show and I'm sick of watching these idiots taking "classes" that never lead anywhere. 

Watching Shannon and David's scenes together, never once did I think they were faking their emotions. That's why I watch reality tv. Show me your real life. Again, unlike Terry & Heather trying to act like they're fighting over Terry not helping with the kids when princess is working when they have tons of household help. Or couples like Slade & Gretchen getting engaged just to get a spin off Wedding Special.

I think Shannon came on the show because she was bored and thought this would give her life spark. She's used to being in control and probably quickly found out that she can't control producers and co-stars. I think most people join these shows with an agenda but with hundreds of hours of filming, it's very hard to keep up an act.

I'm very curious how she will try to alter her behavior if she comes back for a second season. It appears from her social media accounts that she's trying to work on her marriage. Hopefully there won't be some bullshit vow renewal.

BTW, when Shannon is first introduced to Heather she mentions that she's the Room Mom for her daughters that year at their school. So she's at least involved in something.

You just know there's a co-room mother in Southern California yelling at her friends. "See, see, that's what I have to put up with!"

• Love 4

You just know there's a co-room mother in Southern California yelling at her friends. "See, see, that's what I have to put up with!"

I think if that were the case the school would not have her be a room mom.

Every weekend that I waste watching Lifetime movies, I now incorporate Shannon in as a character in  my head.    It really works.    She would be a perfect unhinged Lifetime actress. 

Every time Heather Dubrow scolds/gaslights her and she falls for it, an angel gets it's wings.   

She's 50 going on 12.   David will be out in 9 months tops, unless they quit the show.    This show has a way of destroying marriage, and theirs is the most messed up one yet. 

• Love 2

Shannon is sheltered and financially spoiled, but she's been the most honest and direct HW in YEARS in terms of communicating what she needs and feels, and not letting the other women intimidate her. I think she has a good heart, but just doesn't "get" why the other women want to pick fights with her. I do think the Dubrows can't stand that someone may be wealthier, have a larger home, be more sincerely devoted to their children (I think Heather uses her children as props so she can drill into our heads she's a working mother who sacrificed being the next Angelina Jolie for her children). 

Shannon isn't competing with anyone, but for some reason Heather sees her as a threat (just like her needing to go after dumb Alexis), and twists every single situation to portray Shannon as crazy, loud, in a bad marriage, and projecting that Shannon is after her. No, Heather is after Shannon. 

• Love 5

If it is true and shannon saved a nation in a past life.. it could explain why she is so restless and bored in this life :)  To go from saving a nation to being a lady of leisure would jarring to anyone :)

• Love 11

Yes I agree with all this for the most part. I'm still in the confused camp of why Shannon chose to go on this show. I'm absolutely fascinated by how truly real she and David are being. I think Shannon thought no one could pull any bullshit on her as long as she was an open book. She obviously never thought about the likes of Tamra out and out lying about her or Heather's delicate ear drums and twisted take on reality.

I actually think Shannon didn't think about conflicting personalities because it's been years (probably since college) since she had to interact with a group even when she didn't want to. When Shannon said early on in her conflict with Heather that she usually gets along with everyone I called BS. Whether you like her or not she has an extremely distinct personality that is likely to rub some people the wrong way. For every person who thinks she's kooky and genuine there's going to be another who finds her immature and needy. She is not an easy going person at all in any way. I do not see her as someone who just gets along in multiple situations. She was in Vicki's guest room for 5 seconds before she was creating drama about it. Whether or not she was justified is not my point, my point is that is not the type of behavior that makes someone get along with everyone under the sun. I think Shannon thinks she gets along with everyone because she keeps her world very small and severely limits her exposure to people and situations she doesn't like. TRHOOC may be the first time in Shannon's life that she has had to deal with the workplace like inter office politics of learning to get along with people you don't like. I think that's why she coming so undone, this may be the first time she's had to keep interacting with people instead of just walking away. I think that's the part Shannon was totally unprepared for-sometimes when you have a job you don't like all of your co-workers.

• Love 3

Watching Shannon and David's scenes together, never once did I think they were faking their emotions. That's why I watch reality tv. Show me your real life.

i think Alexis and hubby in season 8 was the most realistic they had ever been with the two going to an opening of a business they invested in, trying to have a couple date night, chatting as they got ready for bed, and just being goofy.  No Alexis trying to be an anchor, dress designer, etc.

I do think Shannon probably started out wanting to do something to prove she was right, but i see a huge difference between the shannon in her TH vs seeing Shannon in her day to day life.  It seems as if Shannon really is trying to change and didn't realize how she came across until she saw how she was portrayed on the show.

If she does come back for a second season, I wonder if she'll still be as open and honest as she was this season.

• Love 1

I wonder why would someone with wealth go on a show like this knowing how people's lives get picked apart.

You and me both. Hell, I wonder why people who are middle class (upper or lower) would even go on a reality show in this day and age. Considering the critical mass of reality shows out there, I can't imagine that anyone would go on one without a clear understanding of what they are in for. It's kind of like going into politics. The only difference being that people who go into politics (for the most part at least) may truly feel that they can make a difference. But, reality show participants? I think that is why reality shows fascinate me so much. The people on them make amazing case studies for my degree in armchair psychology.

You go on a reality show for a lot of different reasons. One of them is to publicize your brand and make money. The two most notable successes are of course Bethanny and Theresa of NJ. There are many other people who did well out of being on Reality TV. It is an opportunity and you get what you can make out of it.

• Love 2

I think Shannon is a wonderful addition. She is bringing the drama (half the conversations seem to be about her), but IMO it is not in a fake or ruthless way.  It just happens naturally.  And she just seems like a likable, nice person to me.  Very real.  I hope she comes back next year.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm admittedly late to the party....I gave up on RHoC a couple of seasons ago (I think the season with Lynn Curtin was the last one I watched) but insomnia led me to start watching again. I've only seen 5 episodes so far. Something is "off" about Shannon but I can't put my finger on it. She just seems joyless, humorless, and filled with insecurity. She has a way of making a mundane statement sound like an accusation ("Daddy is a creature of habit and eats the same thing EVERY DAY...") but then again, David doesn't make it that easy either. Like his statements during the couples lunch about how life is short, he can't be unhappy any more, yada yada, and then seemed genuinely surprised when Shannon thought he was leading up to a divorce. Like, "whoa! Wait, who said anything about divorce?"

Well gee, after an email about moving out, and the little speech during lunch, it sure seemed that way. Mind fuck! 

Perhaps, on a completely shallow note, I'm distracted by Shannon's eye make-up and the way her eyes get really wide. (Less is more after a certain age, and you may want to leave the smoky eye for evening.)

I'm tired of these people who lack for nothing and yet seem completely miserable. And don't say "we've had a dysfunctional marriage for 13 years" and then get pissy and insist that you have a great marriage. 

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1

Another thing I've noticed about Shannon is she's an absolute kill joy anytime David has a remote speck of fun and/or happiness.  Yet she has the audacity to whine about him not spending time with her or looking at her with 'that certain look'.

• Love 3

I wanted to smack Shannon during the scene where she was bitching at David yet again. This time about potatoes. And then she said girls don't need to eat them. Because she doesn't want them to have a complex about their weight. And Midwestern women are fat and unhealthy. Shut your spoiled, self centered little face. This shit is why I can't like you.

• Love 5

Amen. Someone upthread said he/she was on Shannon's side until the potato rant...and I totally agree. Unfortunately she cannot seem to stop herself from picking at David's diet. The man works hard, provides you and your daughters with an enviable lifestyle EVEN THOUGH HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH ALL THE BULLSHIT MASSAGES and COTILLION LESSONS. Jeez, back off. Appreciate that he seems kind, devoted to your family, and looks damn good. Let him eat a potatoe, for Chrissakes.

• Love 4

David is a good looking man with a real job and serious cash.  Shannon better watch that man, lest she find herself the subject of a Pearl Jam song.   Shoot, at this stage of the game, she'd be lucky to land a nutjob like Andy Dick or Slade's brother who has some unglamorous job in Alaska and a mullet.    Hell,  even Brooks is out of her reach. 

• Love 3

David is a good looking man with a real job and serious cash.  Shannon better watch that man, lest she find herself the subject of a Pearl Jam song.   Shoot, at this stage of the game, she'd be lucky to land a nutjob like Andy Dick or Slade's brother who has some unglamorous job in Alaska and a mullet.    Hell,  even Brooks is out of her reach. 

To which PJ song are you referring? "Better Man"? I used to be a devoted fan but interest waned over the years. Did Eddie write another doozie?

Shannon's already my favorite wife for the season for my favorite TH zinger about Terry choosing Heather's face as his favorite body part: "Is it the face he created."---and somebody correct me if I'm wrong…I'm known for mangling quotes…

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 5

Shannon's already my favorite wife for the season for my favorite TH zinger about Terry choosing Heather's face as his favorite body part: "Is it the face he created."---and somebody correct me if I'm wrong…I'm known for mangling quotes…

Cyberjawa you are correct. "Is it the face he created"? I laughed so hard about that. Classic!!

• Love 3

Shannon's on WWHL right now - I think I may be digging her new hairstyle?  Makes her look younger.

She looks different,I agree she does look younger-and more natural. If you can-maybe more peaceful.   

• Love 1

Ummmm. Shannon recently tweeted a pic of her & David in bed together. It's kinda HAWT.

My apologies to not being able to link it here. Perhaps someone out there smarter than me can provide the link ? Someone with a thesaurus perhaps?

Ms. Shannon Beador has made it to the Top 8 All-Time Housewives.  Her post on her Facebook page:

I can't believe I made it to the top 8 best housewives of all time! To all my fans, go to http://m.eonline.com/news/574539/best-housewife-ever-vote-for-your-favorite-bravo-lady-in-the-elite-8-now and vote for me!

https://www.facebook.com/shannon.beador?hc_location=timeline

(ETA:  I just realized Tasmanian Tamra was nowhere to be seen in the finals...Bwahahahaha)

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

I'm confused, I didn't see any way to vote for Shannon (I love Shannon....so far), only Vicki, Teresa, Lisa and Kim.

That's weird.  She's there for me.  I clicked on the E! link and scrolled down.  She's paired with Jacqueline.

Jacqueline is ahead of Shannon by 3%.  How is that even possible?

Ummmm. Shannon recently tweeted a pic of her & David in bed together. It's kinda HAWT.

My apologies to not being able to link it here. Perhaps someone out there smarter than me can provide the link ? Someone with a thesaurus perhaps?

Let's see if this works:

https://twitter.com/ShannonBeador/status/501578121716314112/photo/1

They posted it in response to someone asking if they were lying in bed giggling while reading all the backlash the Dubrows are getting on social media.

• Love 1

That's weird.  She's there for me.  I clicked on the E! link and scrolled down.  She's paired with Jacqueline.

Thx. The link didn't work for me, don't know why, but I went directly to the site and was able to vote.

Yeah WTF with Jacqueline?

Now Shannon is in the lead by about 5%.  

OT but Vicki is also ahead of Lisa Vanderpump by about 6% right now.

Tamra must be off somewhere nursing a severe case of butthurts because the self-proclaimed "hottest housewife" didn't even get a nomination.  And I'm good with that.  

• Love 3

I just voted and Shannon has pulled ahead. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of Shannon's scenes this season. I'm sure she viewed joining the cast as an adventure, or a lark for her, since she has everything money can buy but you can't necessarily buy an experience like being on this show.  Anyway, she sure delivered. She better be back next season.

• Love 1

I just voted and Shannon has pulled ahead. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of Shannon's scenes this season. I'm sure she viewed joining the cast as an adventure, or a lark for her, since she has everything money can buy but you can't necessarily buy an experience like being on this show.  Anyway, she sure delivered. She better be back next season.

I agree.  

I also think she naively went into this thinking she was forming genuine friendships with these women and didn't realize they weren't friends but very competitive co-workers fighting for that almighty Bravo paycheck.

Her eyes are opened now.  I think another season for Shannon would be awesome to watch in light of her epiphany.

I'd be sorry to see her leave, but if she and David chose to, I would certainly understand their choice.  

I think her popularity has taken her by surprise...and taken a few of her fellow housewives by surprise as well.  I hope she continues to hold her ground with them during part 2 of the reunion (although it looks like Lizzie will be taking the Tasmanian Tamra on in the next episode...holy crap, I just can't wait to hear that "bitter old woman" exchange!).  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

And it would appear Shannon trumped Jacqueline Laurita by about 10% of the votes.

In other news, Vicki appears to have trumped Lisa Vanderpump by about 4%.

I believe now they take the top 4 and then by voting eliminate to the top 2.

How crazy that a total newbie, fresh out of the gate, like Shannon is now in the top 4 housewives of all time.  I think she deserves a woohoo, as she was, to my knowledge, the only newcomer even nominated.  

Two of the top 4 will be from OC....That's pretty terrific for the cast, too.  

• Love 2

And it would appear Shannon trumped Jacqueline Laurita by about 10% of the votes.

In other news, Vicki appears to have trumped Lisa Vanderpump by about 4%.

I believe now they take the top 4 and then by voting eliminate to the top 2.

How crazy that a total newbie, fresh out of the gate, like Shannon is now in the top 4 housewives of all time.  I think she deserves a woohoo, as she was, to my knowledge, the only newcomer even nominated.  

Two of the top 4 will be from OC....That's pretty terrific for the cast, too.

They are simply top of mind right now and have had good seasons. No way in a million years would Vicki have won if the BH show was on right now and folks were watching Lisa. It's all about a moment in time. Look at the comments about Shannon just 6 weeks ago above. They were brutal. She has a handful of good shows and folks love the shit out of her. That would change just as quickly if she had a half dozen bad episodes.

I cannot explain the deal about Jaq getting any votes, except that a lot of folks are feeling nostalgic about the good old days on the NJ show in light of the train wreck we are watching this season.

• Love 2

Well, in a rather interesting turn of events, Shannon is now ahead of Vicki by about 4% on the "All-Time Favorite Housewife" voting.

http://www.eonline.com/news/575058/best-housewife-ever-is-down-to-the-final-4-vote-for-your-favorite-bravo-lady-now?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

I find it interesting that this total newbie (and I admittedly love Shannon more and more all the time) is trumping "The OG of the OC."

I wonder if Shannon does win (also running is Kenya Moore, who is defeating Caroline Manzo by a slim margin) the title, what will Bravo take from this?  Will Andy finally get it through his head that people by and large prefer their housewives more "real" in their emotions, a housewife who isn't constantly trying to shove their latest product down our collective throats, and ones who aren't felons?

Anyway, if any fellow posters would like to cast their vote, the link above will get you to the right place.  Voting closes at 5 pm today, then presumably there will be a final vote-off between either Shannon or Vicki and Kenya or Caroline.  

• Love 2

UPDATE:  I do believe Shannon just beat Vicki by about 1% of the vote.

It appears it will be Shannon Beador versus Caroline Manzo for all-time favorite housewife.  

Interesting match up.  Shannon won by 1.8% against Vicki-shocking.  Shannon didn't even mention anything on Twitter until an hour before the polls closed.

Both woman married once to the same man with three children.  I wish they would not have pitted Vicki and Shannon against each other in the semi-finals.

• Love 1

I voted for Vicki because she had a good season and I can't think of another that can say that after what nine seasons altho I think Shannon is the best newbie, as I've said before, since NYC Sonja in her first season. I voted for inauthentic Kenya as an anti vote to pompous Carolyn but both seem odd in the final four. I guess the previously popular wives have over stayed their welcome or been forgotten to the more current running OC.

• Love 2

I voted for Vicki because she had a good season and I can't think of another that can say that after what nine seasons altho I think Shannon is the best newbie, as I've said before, since NYC Sonja in her first season. I voted for inauthentic Kenya as an anti vote to pompous Carolyn but both seem odd in the final four. I guess the previously popular wives have over stayed their welcome or been forgotten to the more current running OC.

I voted for Kenya over Caroline Manzo, too.  I never could stand Caroline and, in full disclosure, I figured Shannon would have a better shot at defeating Kenya for the #1 spot than she will have against Caroline.  I might be a bit twisted, but I never could understand what people just adored about a frumpy, grumpy woman who spent 2 seasons wiping her kitchen cabinets and trying to run the lives of every around her.  

I really lost any potential liking of her I had when she hosted that big holiday dinner...dressed in clothes it looked like she had slept in, her hair a rat's nest, and looking like absolute hell.  Yes, Caroline, we all knew you worked hard preparing your meal but I found it in very bad taste to sit at the table looking like that as a constant reminder to your dinner guests about this fact.  I could never relax and enjoy my meal if the hostess looked like she'd nearly killed herself preparing the food.  No reason she couldn't have run upstairs, run a comb through her hair, and changed into a clean and comfortable lounging outfit.  

Okay, end Caroline rant...and hooray for Shannon!!!  I wonder how Vicki (who was actively campaigning for this win) is taking the news of her defeat?

• Love 5

This has got to be the most ridiculous poll of all time. So it is down to a newbie who about 75% of the audience thought was a loon for a good part of the season until she had some personality shift, or a gal who is no longer a HW and a good portion of folks couldn't stand for her last two years on the show? Oh sure, whatever. For the record, I was one of the few who liked Caroline from day one until the very end, so it was a joy to vote for her, but still completely perplexing.

Vicki will be pissed. That is just the way it will be. I have never seen any of these gals lobby for anything as hard as she has for this. She was tweeting about this nonstop, reminding folks that she had been on the show a long time and finally had this opportunity. She is someone who believes as Ramona and Sonja do - there is a pecking order and seniority counts for something. She won't like Shannon beating her.

• Love 4

Aaw, I voted for Vicki because I think she deserves it as the true OG. I love Shannon, but she hasn't put in her time yet. That said, I despise Caroline Manzo (and was one of the few who hated her from the first season - I will never forget how disgusting I found her as she melodramatically bellowed, "You're garbage!" to Danielle at the reunion), so I will be voting for Shannon all the way. Even though she really isn't the best housewife of all time. Although now that I write this, I do think it would be awesome if Shannon won that crown because you know it would send Tamra and Heather into a total tailspin!

• Love 7