Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

I agree with those that say (maybe-me) that a newbie shouldn't win, but Caroline Manzo? No way should she win. I could only stand to watch NJ off and on for the first 3 seasons......I couldn't stand her and her ham throwing famewhore offspring.

• Love 5

I agree with those that say (maybe-me) that a newbie shouldn't win, but Caroline Manzo? No way should she win. I could only stand to watch NJ off and on for the first 3 seasons......I couldn't stand her and her ham throwing famewhore offspring.

I concur.  I will click to vote for Shannon against Caroline at every available opportunity.  

I'd do that for whoever was up against Caroline, it's just a bonus for me that I happen to like Shannon and her ability to shut down the Douchebrows.  

(ETA:  Perhaps if nothing else it will send a message to Bravo that some of the viewers get tired of seeing these housewives pimp out their products at every opportunity...It was refreshing to see someone join up these days who wasn't trying to pimp a product or promote their kids).

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

I voted for Kenya over Caroline Manzo, too.  I never could stand Caroline and, in full disclosure, I figured Shannon would have a better shot at defeating Kenya for the #1 spot than she will have against Caroline.  I might be a bit twisted, but I never could understand what people just adored about a frumpy, grumpy woman who spent 2 seasons wiping her kitchen cabinets and trying to run the lives of every around her.  

I really lost any potential liking of her I had when she hosted that big holiday dinner...dressed in clothes it looked like she had slept in, her hair a rat's nest, and looking like absolute hell.  Yes, Caroline, we all knew you worked hard preparing your meal but I found it in very bad taste to sit at the table looking like that as a constant reminder to your dinner guests about this fact.  I could never relax and enjoy my meal if the hostess looked like she'd nearly killed herself preparing the food.  No reason she couldn't have run upstairs, run a comb through her hair, and changed into a clean and comfortable lounging outfit.  

Okay, end Caroline rant...and hooray for Shannon!!!  I wonder how Vicki (who was actively campaigning for this win) is taking the news of her defeat?

I always hated Caroline from the moment she said "thick as thieves." I am no longer watching NJ. Just can't stomach it.
  • Love 4

Maybe under exposure is the way to go.  I was surprised at how many former RH were the elite eight.  Jac Laurita, Kim Zolciak (who lost to Caroline), Caroline Manzo. 

I think Shannon has more appeal than Caroline.  At least she works at her marriage.

• Love 4

Well, Shannon is definitely holding her own against Caroline.  It's been neck and neck literally every time I've checked today.  Right now the 2 women are literally 0.5% apart.  

Caroline and the collective Manzos/Lauritas must be shitting thick-as-thieves bricks over this turn of events.  

And believe me, Caroline is campaigning fans HARD for this win all over her social media.  

• Love 3

Are we allowed to vote more than once? I can't tell if it registering another vote. I'd hit that button all day long to assure that NJ shrew doesn't win.

You can vote more than once.  You can just refresh the page and get a clean slate.  Two  minutes ago it was 49.9% Shannon and 50.1% Caroline.   

• Love 3

Are we allowed to vote more than once? I can't tell if it registering another vote. I'd hit that button all day long to assure that NJ shrew doesn't win.

I may or may not be engaging in this behavior as well.

BTW, latest tally is Shannon Beador about 5% higher than Caroline Manzo.

Shannon may actually have this.  And I hope Bravo is paying attention.

• Love 4

I may or may not be engaging in this behavior as well.

BTW, latest tally is Shannon Beador about 5% higher than Caroline Manzo.

Shannon may actually have this.  And I hope Bravo is paying attention.

I guess I am not quite sure what type of a message this would all send. So the newest HW is running almost even with a HW that was almost universally despised when she was on the show. She was largely accused of being the person responsible for stirring up drama and helping to ruin what had previously been a pretty good, fun vibe. Now that she has gone, some people are waxing nostalgic about her because the replacements suck so much. She is doing almost as well as a new gal that we know very little about, save for that some folks think she was piled up on a bit and handled herself well among the mean girls. Outside of that we know nothing except she is neurotic and nags her husband. Yet she might beat someone everyone hates. The question is not how did Shannon get here, the question is how did Caroline get here. The fact that she did tells me everything I need to know about this poll.

• Love 1

I guess I am not quite sure what type of a message this would all send. So the newest HW is running almost even with a HW that was almost universally despised when she was on the show. She was largely accused of being the person responsible for stirring up drama and helping to ruin what had previously been a pretty good, fun vibe. Now that she has gone, some people are waxing nostalgic about her because the replacements suck so much. She is doing almost as well as a new gal that we know very little about, save for that some folks think she was piled up on a bit and handled herself well among the mean girls. Outside of that we know nothing except she is neurotic and nags her husband. Yet she might beat someone everyone hates. The question is not how did Shannon get here, the question is how did Caroline get here. The fact that she did tells me everything I need to know about this poll.

I agree, the poll is being run kinda weird. Some of the previous matchups had me scratching my head. I'm really confused as to how some housewives (not Shannon) made it so far in the poll.

In my humble opinion, people voted for Shannon not just because she was a breathe of fresh air, but also as a referendum on the way the housewives franchises are being cast and ran.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1

Buzzkill :p

Hopefully, and the reason I presume Shannon may be winning this (she now has a pretty decent lead) is that the viewers are sick of the housewives joining on to promote their personal business scheme, creating their own story arcs to suit their own purposes, and in general using the show as one big Product Placement opportunity (think Ramona Pinot...how many scenes do we get of Ramona where she's NOT bringing up her product?).

The Beadors had nothing (yet) to promote on the show.  They weren't signing on just to promote the endeavors of their adult kids (think Manzos here or even Eric Roberts on VH1 Celebrity Rehab - it came out he only went on the show to promote his stepson's band, of all things).  They weren't even promoting a favorite charity or anything else that they could potentially financially benefit from.  

They really just led their lives, good, bad, and ugly, in front of the cameras.  

Notice the usual suspects notorious for just creating ridiculous drama didn't make it to the final two.  

I'm hoping that, if Shannon does win this, Bravo has a come-to-Jesus moment and examines just why a total newbie, fresh out of the gate, won this poll...and then realizes it's probably because the Beadors have taken the show back to its grassroots, so to speak, where we were glimpsing their "reality" and not just a captive audience so they hawk their brainstorms or latest wares or manipulate viewers with how they wish to be perceived instead of their actual personas.  

Does that make sense?  Anyway, that is what I hope Bravo takes from this.  Spare us the false, producer-manipulated drama, spare us the product placements in multiple scenes of every episode, spare us the preconceived scenarios by individual participants, and just give us a glimpse into the REAL lives of REAL people.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

What Bravo should figure out is that not everyone wants to visit their stupid site, ever, and their polls are meaningless pap populated by the rabidly over-voting superfans or viewers who just want to fuck with them. That's just MY OPINION.

• Love 2

What Bravo should figure out is that not everyone wants to visit their stupid site, ever, and their polls are meaningless pap populated by the rabidly over-voting superfans or viewers who just want to fuck with them. That's just MY OPINION.

I always have issues with the Bravo site, between all of the ads (I should think about installing a better pop-up blocker) and the video clips on every page that sometimes won't even load, I pretty much only make the trek over there if I want to read a blog that sounds particularly interesting.  Other than that, it's so slow for me that I'm too frustrated to enjoy whatever the hell I was trying to check out anyway.  

• Love 5

I think the one who "ruined" NJ was Teresa.  Before, during and after her indictments and sentencing.  Sorry wrong forum for the discussion but watching it in its present form is depressing.

We know who Shannon beat-Jacqueline and Vicki.  One advantage Shannon has is her history is fairly short and less time to make enemies.  What Shannon did is save her marriage without making her husband out to be an asshole. Viewers wanted them happy and together as a family.  Caroline has always had a solid marriage.  In spite of rumors and the like they have stayed together for 30 years. 

The one that surprised me was Vanderpump being eliminated.  I fully expected it being Vanderpump against either Vicki or Caroline-just due to longevity.   Of course last season she was about spreading the rumors that were created to hurt another cast mate's marriage.

Where is this poll again?

http://www.eonline.com/news/576244/best-housewife-ever-is-down-to-the-final-2-ladies-vote-for-the-winner-now

It is not a Bravo poll.  So any Bravo site fears should be nullified.

• Love 2

We know who Shannon beat-Jacqueline and Vicki.  One advantage Shannon has is her history is fairly short and less time to make enemies.  What Shannon did is save her marriage without making her husband out to be an asshole. Viewers wanted them happy and together as a family.  Caroline has always had a solid marriage.  In spite of rumors and the like they have stayed together for 30 years. 

The one that surprised me was Vanderpump being eliminated.  I fully expected it being Vanderpump against either Vicki or Caroline-just due to longevity.   Of course last season she was about spreading the rumors that were created to hurt another cast mate's marriage.

http://www.eonline.com/news/576244/best-housewife-ever-is-down-to-the-final-2-ladies-vote-for-the-winner-now

It is not a Bravo poll.  So any Bravo site fears should be nullified.

That's what I would have expected as well, or even Kandi from RHOA.  

I didn't even know about the poll until it was the "Top 8," so I have no idea how many E! started with or who was up against whom until that time.

I'm wondering if every housewife ever (including DC housewives) were initially included in one big elimination, where they kept maybe the top 20, or exactly how it was done.

Shannon Beador was about 14% ahead of Caroline the last time I checked a couple of hours ago.  It's a pretty impressive lead.  

Of course, the poll doesn't end until tomorrow at 5 pm PST, so anything is possible.  Maybe Caroline's fans are all busy and will play catch up tomorrow.  

(ETA:  Okay, now Shannon's ahead by 20%, it's right about 60/40 Beador...Unless Caroline fans come out in spades tomorrow to vote, I think Shannon is going to win the title.  This is just all sorts of interesting to me....)

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

That's what I would have expected as well, or even Kandi from RHOA.  

I didn't even know about the poll until it was the "Top 8," so I have no idea how many E! started with or who was up against whom until that time.

I'm wondering if every housewife ever (including DC housewives) were initially included in one big elimination, where they kept maybe the top 20, or exactly how it was done.

Shannon Beador was about 14% ahead of Caroline the last time I checked a couple of hours ago.  It's a pretty impressive lead.  

Of course, the poll doesn't end until tomorrow at 5 pm PST, so anything is possible.  Maybe Caroline's fans are all busy and will play catch up tomorrow.  

(ETA:  Okay, now Shannon's ahead by 20%, it's right about 60/40 Beador...Unless Caroline fans come out in spades tomorrow to vote, I think Shannon is going to win the title.  This is just all sorts of interesting to me....)

They started with 64 and yes some of the match ups were pretty lame.  It was one HW vs. one HW. So the next week was 32 and then the Sweet Sixteen.  The tougher match ups came in the Elite 8 when they had Vicki vs. Lisa-never thought Vicki would win that one.  Never thought Teresa, Tamra or Nene would get eliminated so early, since Bravo is always telling us how popular they are. 

Presently it is 57.9% to 42.1% with Shannon having the lead.  I do percentages ahead and behind different-I use 50 as the base so to me it is only a 7.9% lead.  With this poll that can change in 10 minutes.

• Love 2

I've hit the Shannon button several times. Most are pro-Shannon, but I've balanced that with many anti-Caroline:-)

Eta: oops spelled the harpie's name wrong.

I have wondered how many are anti-Caroline votes.  She didn't bother me all that much, then again she is swimming in a fairly shallow pond over in RHONJ. 

I still think Shannon had a good year and doesn't have any egg on her face. . . yet.

• Love 2

Well, and Shannon shockingly actually won (it was about 60/40).  

I'm with a couple of my fellow posters and wondering with the Top Two, how many were votes actually for Shannon as opposed to votes against Caroline.

In any event, congrats to Shannon for the unexpected win...Woohoo!!!

• Love 4

I'm with a couple of my fellow posters and wondering with the Top Two, how many were votes actually for Shannon as opposed to votes against Caroline.

Caroline is in California.  I bet E! expected her to win.  So it would not surprise me if all of a sudden she is the winner. 

• Love 3

Caroline is in California.  I bet E! expected her to win.  So it would not surprise me if all of a sudden she is the winner. 

Oh, snap, you're right!  

I wonder if this was some publicity stunt for Caroline that went horribly awry for E!????

Oh sweet baby jeebus, that would be EPIC!!!!!!

• Love 3

In comparison to some other RH, Shannon seems to me to have less of an agenda and from the reaction of a lot of viewers, save for some folks who think she has scripted out her entire season on the show and all of her drama was of her own making without Tamra and Heather (you know--those mean girls) having any culpability in moving that narrative forward, has come out relatively unscathed after her first season. She has drama, but she seems more like a real OC housewife dealing with her everyday problems---even if they get more magnified and over exposed---rather than some wannabe something else using the show for self-promotion and whose RHOC life is a sham.  She also hasn't been on long enough for her shelf life to expire with viewers.

• Love 2

Probably a combo of a vote against Carolyn and that OC just ended with both Shannon and Vicki having good seasons.

• Love 2

I wonder if this was some publicity stunt for Caroline that went horribly awry for E!????

I do think this was a publicity stunt for Caroline's new show, set to begin in a few weeks. If she won they could advertise it as "The Viewers' Favorite Housewife Is Back!!!" I think the above poster is correct - somehow the votes wil be recounted and Caroline will suddely be declared the winner. In the past Andy has rigged polls on WWHL so it wouldn't be anything new. I never vote in Bravo polls but I did this time, three times for Shannon. Mine was an anti-Caro vote rather than a pro-Shannon vote. I don't dislike Shannon and I LOVE that she and David helped make the Dubrows look like the fools they are but if she hadn't been up against Caro or Jac I wouldn't have bothered to vote for her.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 1

I do think this was a publicity stunt for Caroline's new show, set to begin in a few weeks. If she won they could advertise it as "The Viewer's Favorite Housewife Is Back!!!" I think the above poster is correct - somehow the votes wil be recounted and Caroline will suddely be declared the winner. In the past Andy has rigged polls on WWHL so it wouldn't be anything new. I never vote in Bravo polls but I did this time, three times for Shannon. Mine was an anti-Caro vote rather than a pro-Shannon vote. I don't dislike Shannon and I LOVE that she and David helped make the Dubrows look like the fools they are but if she hadn't been up against Caro or Jac I wouldn't have bothered to vote for her.

If it is a publicity stunt for Caroline, than someone who was charged with this task needs to be fired and fired ASAP since she lost miserably to a new gal.

I love this in the end because it will spell the end of Vicki and Shannon. Vicki was lobbying for this like it was her actual job for days on end, even though at one point she was running against her good friend Shannon.  Shannon hardly said a word about it until the end. You would've thought that at least Vicki could of congratulated Shannon on winning, but not a peep of support from Vicki.  Even now that she has won the title against Caroline, Vicki hasn't congratulated her.

Heather on the other hand gave her a shout out for winning.  

Mark my words, Vicki won't like this one little bit. It was easy to like  Shannon when she was the underdog who was unhappy in a miserable marriage. Now her marriage looks to be on track and she is a fan favorite, beating out Vicki in a contest that seems to be meaningless except to Vicki. Shannon will be the enemy next season and I will love watching Shannon come to the realization of what a truly nasty person she is. 

• Love 2

I do think this was a publicity stunt for Caroline's new show, set to begin in a few weeks. If she won they could advertise it as "The Viewers' Favorite Housewife Is Back!!!" I think the above poster is correct - somehow the votes wil be recounted and Caroline will suddely be declared the winner. In the past Andy has rigged polls on WWHL so it wouldn't be anything new. I never vote in Bravo polls but I did this time, three times for Shannon. Mine was an anti-Caro vote rather than a pro-Shannon vote. I don't dislike Shannon and I LOVE that she and David helped make the Dubrows look like the fools they are but if she hadn't been up against Caro or Jac I wouldn't have bothered to vote for her.

There were probably quite a few "anti-Caroline" votes.  I didn't vote, but it's pretty easy to not like more of these women than it is to like them.  The only RH branches I watch much of are OC, BH (and I didn't watch much of BH last season) and NY, and even in these cities, the few I find more tolerable are because they are less obnoxious or less vile than their castmates.

• Love 4

This is the first time I have voted in one of these types of polls.  Mine were definitely anti-Caroline votes.  I haven't been able to stand that woman since I first laid eyes on her.  

Shannon had a good last half of her first season.  We'll see how the rest of her reality career goes.  

I agree with the poster who said TPTB were probably hoping for a Caro win to promote her new show.  Hmm, watching Manzo'd with Children or dental surgery without anesthetic?  Bring on the drill!  

• Love 2

I'm surprised that she'd win because she's new, but I have to give her credit for being the only addition to an HW show who seemed to come in without some kind of gameplan.  Kristen in NYC was similar in that respect, but not as entertaining (she didn't have the "advantage" of battling Tamra/Heather, though).  I'm really curious to see how/if all of this affects her.  I mean...will she come back next year with a book on marriage and a line of holistic supplements to sell us?  Or, will she still just kind of exist on camera?

• Love 3

I thin one of the match ups was Brandi vs. Teresa Giudice.  There was no lesser of two evils to me.

If it is a publicity stunt for Caroline, than someone who was charged with this task needs to be fired and fired ASAP since she lost miserably to a new gal.

I love this in the end because it will spell the end of Vicki and Shannon. Vicki was lobbying for this like it was her actual job for days on end, even though at one point she was running against her good friend Shannon.  Shannon hardly said a word about it until the end. You would've thought that at least Vicki could of congratulated Shannon on winning, but not a peep of support from Vicki.  Even now that she has won the title against Caroline, Vicki hasn't congratulated her.

Heather on the other hand gave her a shout out for winning.  

Mark my words, Vicki won't like this one little bit. It was easy to like  Shannon when she was the underdog who was unhappy in a miserable marriage. Now her marriage looks to be on track and she is a fan favorite, beating out Vicki in a contest that seems to be meaningless except to Vicki. Shannon will be the enemy next season and I will love watching Shannon come to the realization of what a truly nasty person she is. 

I love Vicki for her longevity on the show and the snark that she never fails to bring.

I also loved Shannon's apparent vulnerability and gullibility in thinking these heifers were actually "friends" that could be trusted...I was delighted when the light bulb in her head went off about mid season and she realized what she was up against.  I liked the way she flew her freak flag of quirkiness and contradiction high and proud and didn't seem to have any hidden agenda (product placement) nor did David.  

That being said, although I enjoy both women for different reasons, boy, do I think you called it about Vicki's reaction to this.

Vicki and Caroline were both campaigning pretty hard for this.  Vicki, as the "OG of the OC" has got to be fuming about Shannon beating her out and I've no doubt is looking at Shannon through a different set of eyes now.  I'd advise Shannon to proceed with caution next season because I do think Vicki will be looking to bring her down a few pegs, so to speak.  

On one hand, I would love it if this were a publicity stunt for Caroline that went horribly awry and spiraled out of control.  

On the other hand, looking at the lovely picture of Shannon on her FB page thanking everyone for the win, she was absolutely glowing and I think sincerely shocked to have won, so I hope it was legitimate.  

I also found it interesting, during the voting, that Caroline's FB fans were on Caroline's page ripping apart Shannon and hurling all sorts of nasty insults in their support of Caroline.

Compared to Shannon's page, where none of the fans were trashing Caroline AT ALL.  Nothing.  Just total positive messages about Shannon without any mud-slinging at the other nominee.  

Anyway, I found that interesting.

Okay, Bravo, start filming up next season's OC while Vicki's wounds from the loss are still fresh and let's get this party started....Woohoo!!!

• Love 8

Now, I know I can get passionate about my characters on my reality soap operas.  But...people were really mud-slinging in an online contest with, far as I can tell, no prize?

I'd expect that if it were, say, Just Bieber vs. Taylor Swift or something, because those fans skew way younger.  Or maybe they don't and I'm off-base about who watches these things.  

I'd also expect that from certain characters who crave the adulation.

But from viewers...that seems like a lot of energy to expend on this show (I say as I type a comment about it, fully aware of my hypocrisy).

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 3

I love Vicki for her longevity on the show and the snark that she never fails to bring.

I also loved Shannon's apparent vulnerability and gullibility in thinking these heifers were actually "friends" that could be trusted...I was delighted when the light bulb in her head went off about mid season and she realized what she was up against.  I liked the way she flew her freak flag of quirkiness and contradiction high and proud and didn't seem to have any hidden agenda (product placement) nor did David.  

That being said, although I enjoy both women for different reasons, boy, do I think you called it about Vicki's reaction to this.

Vicki and Caroline were both campaigning pretty hard for this.  Vicki, as the "OG of the OC" has got to be fuming about Shannon beating her out and I've no doubt is looking at Shannon through a different set of eyes now.  I'd advise Shannon to proceed with caution next season because I do think Vicki will be looking to bring her down a few pegs, so to speak.  

On one hand, I would love it if this were a publicity stunt for Caroline that went horribly awry and spiraled out of control.  

On the other hand, looking at the lovely picture of Shannon on her FB page thanking everyone for the win, she was absolutely glowing and I think sincerely shocked to have won, so I hope it was legitimate.  

I also found it interesting, during the voting, that Caroline's FB fans were on Caroline's page ripping apart Shannon and hurling all sorts of nasty insults in their support of Caroline.

Compared to Shannon's page, where none of the fans were trashing Caroline AT ALL.  Nothing.  Just total positive messages about Shannon without any mud-slinging at the other nominee.  

Anyway, I found that interesting.

Okay, Bravo, start filming up next season's OC while Vicki's wounds from the loss are still fresh and let's get this party started....Woohoo!!

Really? Doesn't surprise me in the least.

• Love 1

Really? Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Yeah, I guess it shouldn't surprise me, either.  Caroline's more..."passionate" fans are definitely a breed unto their own.  

I think I was just shocked that supporting one nominee didn't necessitate having to shred the other nominee.  

Maybe I'm as gullible as Shannon in some ways.  Although not gullible enough to ever let Dr. Moon near me with his charts and needles.  

• Love 3

Shannon accepted her "Best Housewife Ever" trophy today! She even got a Tiara! Woot!

Here's a link to the story over at E! Online. There is a video of an interview with Shannon too.

'E! Online's "Best Housewife Ever" Accepts Her Trophy, Dishes on "Off the Charts" Drama—Watch Now!'

http://www.eonline.com/news/579691/e-online-s-best-housewife-ever-accepts-her-trophy-dishes-on-off-the-charts-drama-watch-now

• Love 2

Shannon accepted her "Best Housewife Ever" trophy today! She even got a Tiara! Woot!

Here's a link to the story over at E! Online. There is a video of an interview with Shannon too.

'E! Online's "Best Housewife Ever" Accepts Her Trophy, Dishes on "Off the Charts" Drama—Watch Now!'

http://www.eonline.com/news/579691/e-online-s-best-housewife-ever-accepts-her-trophy-dishes-on-off-the-charts-drama-watch-now

At 1:44 minutes in, "To be honest with you, I'm not speaking to all of the other housewives."  (Except apparently Vicki).

Yeah, she smartened up....Stay far away from the toxic bitches unless you're being PAID to subject yourself to them.

Really nice interview.  Thanks for posting it, Scrambled Fog!

• Love 3

At 1:44 minutes in, "To be honest with you, I'm not speaking to all of the other housewives." (Except apparently Vicki).

Yeah, she smartened up....Stay far away from the toxic bitches unless you're being PAID to subject yourself to them.

Really nice interview. Thanks for posting it, Scrambled Fog!

Yup. Shannon sure does know how to throw down some classy shade.

I'm pretty sure she talks to Lizzie too. Lizzie was routing the "vote for Shannon" link quite often on Twitter. She congratulated Shannon and said she was proud of her when Shannon won.

• Love 2

Shannon and David just celebrated their 14 year Wedding Anniversary!

Here's to 100 years more!!

Here's a link to the All About the Real Housewives website that has a wedding pic of Shannon and David:

http://www.allabouttrh.com/shannon-beador-celebrates-14th-wedding-anniversary-husband-david/#comments

They were a lovely couple then, and are a lovely couple now!!

Honestly, the more I see and read about Shannon, the more I like her....just the opposite from the way I normally respond to these heifers.  Hell, I'm even starting to find her quirkiness about feng shui and Dr. Moon endearing in a "bless her heart" sort of way.

And she was just so classy and gracious in that interview, too.  It almost looked like she was going to tear up a couple of times.  I was sitting her watching it going "Awwwwwww."  Which is totally foreign to me.  

If she keeps it real and doesn't do something drastic next season to change my opinion, I'm totally Team Beador and hoping that all of her hype doesn't go to her head and change her next season.  

• Love 4

I kept forgetting to mention this but seeing the Shannon and David's wedding photo brought it back to me. When Tamra and Heather were trying to gaslight Shannon at Lizzie's party and David went to try to calm her down, there was something about the body language between the two of them that really struck me. It's the placement of David's hand around Shannon's waist. It's the same in the wedding photo as it was that night at Lizzie's party. 

It was such a small thing in the midst of a bunch of crazy that really stood out for me. I remember thinking that even though they had problems, there was a connection between the two of them that I haven't seen in ANY of the Housewives couples. 

I'm not getting gushy or anything. I just remember it stood out to me during that episode. Later in the limo when she was so grateful that David stood up for her, I remember thinking that Shannon was too caught up in her own boredom and nagging (or banter as she called it) to realize that David did still actually care about her and her well being.

If she really is improving, I am happy for her. But, I do think that she should have an outlet besides the show to keep her occupied so that she doesn't fall back into old habits. Maybe if she volunteered or did some charity work or something?

• Love 7

Hopefully I'm not late to the party.  I haven't seen this posted elsewhere in the RHOC Forum.  From the Daily Pilot, a local OC newspaper:

There was a funny little incident with one of the housewives that I'd like to share. At the USC game, a few weeks ago, my three girlfriends and I went to the Coliseum Club for a libation at halftime. There was a line to get in so we waited patiently at the front of the line. Then to my immediate left I saw the housewife and her husband cut in the front of the line. It wasn't going to happen.

I said, "No, you can't cut in line." The husband went straight back to the back of the line. By the way, nice move, dude.

But the housewife didn't. So I said, "Sorry lady [wrong word, I know], you need to back off and get in the back of the line" Blank look. Then I said, "You're not that special." Her response was, "Ah, ya, actually, I am.

Coincidentally, Shannon Tweeted from the USC game a few weeks ago.  I don't think any other HW would have gone to that game unless they were with Shannon, since she is the only one who attended the school.  The whole commentary is here:

http://www.dailypilot.com/opinion/tn-dpt-me-0920-commentary2-20140919,0,2276446.story

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 1

That article was amusing to me because of the author's insistence that everyone be polite. If someone were to say to me, "Sorry, mister, you need to back off and get in the back of the line, you're not that special," I would probably fire back something snotty as well. Yeah, cutting in line sucks, but the author's own description of her words makes her sound pretty abrasive.

• Love 2