Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

On 4/15/2024 at 11:53 AM, Natalie68 said:

Started watching the season right as the pandemic started.  Braunwyn's wedding vow renewal was remarkable in many ways.  It was remarkable in that a few short months later, she came busting out of the closet (good for her!!!) and Shannon was SOOOOO fucking drunk it was embarrassing.  Shannon is a goddam mess.  My guess is that is what John saw day in and day out.  He had the job of managing her at that wedding get away and it was ugly.  

He (John) sure hung in there for a very long time. He could have broken up with Shannon but no, he stayed probably for the Bravo check.

Now he has Alexis Bellino. I doubt their relationship goes any deeper than a RHOC paycheck.  

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

ALL of these women are hard core drinkers. Not just Shannon. They just haven't been caught yet. So they need to stop coming down on Shannon so hard because they are all drunks who drive.

Maybe by now they've learned to spend part of their hefty Bravo paycheck on Uber, Lyft or Yellow Cab. You can get a ride anywhere, anytime through those three ride services. 

Didn't Kelly Dodd get a DUI too when she was on RHOC? 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

ALL of these women are hard core drinkers. Not just Shannon. They just haven't been caught yet. So they need to stop coming down on Shannon so hard because they are all drunks who drive.

Maybe by now they've learned to spend part of their hefty Bravo paycheck on Uber, Lyft or Yellow Cab. You can get a ride anywhere, anytime through those three ride services. 

Yep many of them like their booze. Karen from Potomac also got a DUI recently. I think Shannon's got more attention because she hit a house and was three times the limit. No jail time though. 

• Like 5
(edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 9:42 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I promise you that ring didn't mean a thing.

Like Big Poppa's ring to Kim Zolciak?

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 8:16 AM, Sweet-tea said:

Her outpatient "rehab" is a joke, and I'm not sure she even completed it (it was supposed to be 9 months), or wanted to. She can leave the show if she claims there is a lot of pressure, but we know she won't because she didn’t after her husband's cheating, and her divorce humiliation, and then after John dumped her.

On 5/3/2024 at 9:49 PM, Jst2Wld said:

He (John) sure hung in there for a very long time. He could have broken up with Shannon but no, he stayed probably for the Bravo check.

Now he has Alexis Bellino. I doubt their relationship goes any deeper than a RHOC paycheck.  

The paycheck for minor cast members is minimal. He loves the celebrity status like Shannon said.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 12:49 PM, Jst2Wld said:

Heather Dubrow is not a heavy drinker by any means, and Tamra Judge drinks when she films the show like Jen Pentranti mentioned (because I'm sure she is careful not to add calories- she is too thin for years), that's why she gets drunk easily. 

I searched about Kelly Dodd, and DUIs, but I didn't find anything that happened relatively recently. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Her outpatient "rehab" is a joke, and I'm not sure she even completed it (it was supposed to be 9 months), or wanted to. She can leave the show if she claims there is a lot of pressure, but we know she won't because she didn’t after her husband's cheating, and her divorce humiliation, and then after John dumped her.

The paycheck for minor cast members is minimal. He loves the celebrity status like Shannon said.

Shannon and her alcoholic, high maintenance self, is not entertaining and can exit.  Are they waiting for her to get another DUI?  Are they hoping they can show her trial on the show like a real soap opera?  I also believe every word of those that have said she is not a nice person.  Shannon Storms Beador thinks way to highly of herself.

9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Heather Dubrow is not a heavy drinker by any means, and Tamra Judge drinks when she films the show like Jen Pentranti mentioned (because I'm sure she is careful not to add calories- she is too thin for years), that's why she gets drunk easily. 

I searched about Kelly Dodd, and DUIs, but I didn't find anything that happened relatively recently. 

Nope.  She doesn't get sloppy.  She also seemed quite comfortable in a dispensary so there is that.

• Like 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It doesn't matter how often they drink as much as how they react to alcohol when they do drink. I've seen plenty of scenes of Tamra wasted off her butt, so I wouldn't put her in the absolutely no problem drinker column. And you can drink a lot but if you don't eat, you can stay thin. I've seen plenty of heavy drinkers who were slim. It's the food and alcohol together that can make you gain weight. 

I wouldn't put Heather in the problem drinker column, but she is more of an exception than the rule. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It doesn't matter how often they drink as much as how they react to alcohol when they do drink. I've seen plenty of scenes of Tamra wasted off her butt, so I wouldn't put her in the absolutely no problem drinker column. And you can drink a lot but if you don't eat, you can stay thin. I've seen plenty of heavy drinkers who were slim. It's the food and alcohol together that can make you gain weight. 

I wouldn't put Heather in the problem drinker column, but she is more of an exception than the rule. 

Tamra drinks, and gets drunk because she most probably doesn't eat- she is very thin, although I'm sure she is menopausal by now (and we know what this does to a woman's body).

Heather is an exception because most women in all the HW franchises drink a lot, and only very few don't drink currently because they had DUI issues (Luann of NY, Gina of OC), or choose not to (Margaret from NJ, or Kyle of BH). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Tamra drinks, and gets drunk because she most probably doesn't eat- she is very thin, although I'm sure she is menopausal by now (and we know what this does to a woman's body).

Heather is an exception because most women in all the HW franchises drink a lot, and only very few don't drink currently because they had DUI issues (Luann of NY, Gina of OC), or choose not to (Margaret from NJ, or Kyle of BH). 

Yes but I think Luann's sobriety period is over. She started drinking again. Hopefully she can keep it together. I'm watching UGT1 now and they're all drinking a lot except for Luann. It's interesting to hear Kyle speak so much about her body image issues and sound so in love with Mauricio, and then three years later, she's super thin and all over Instagram in her swimsuit, and she and Mauricio are done. 

I hope Shannon doesn't get worse if Alexis is on next season flaunting her relationship with John. Sounds bad.

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

A friend who worked at Nordstrom's shoes said Alexis is one nasty woman.

She'd throw the shoes down, point and demand, and treated those who waited on her like dirt.

She'd then stand up, put on this huge fake smile, and greet her fans.

• Mind Blown 6
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

A friend who worked at Nordstrom's shoes said Alexis is one nasty woman.

She'd throw the shoes down, point and demand, and treated those who waited on her like dirt.

She'd then stand up, put on this huge fake smile, and greet her fans.

It's odd that two of the ladies who seem nicer on RHOC, Shannon and Alexis, are the ones I keep reading aren't so nice in person.

However, David Yontef (Behind the Velvet Rope) said Ramona is the same in person as she is on the show. We all know what that means. lol He said Dolores Catania is like the nicest person ever. I can totally see that, and he saidKelly Dodd is friendlier than Ramona but not as sweet as Dolores. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It's odd that two of the ladies who seem nicer on RHOC, Shannon and Alexis, are the ones I keep reading aren't so nice in person.

However, David Yontef (Behind the Velvet Rope) said Ramona is the same in person as she is on the show. We all know what that means. lol He said Dolores Catania is like the nicest person ever. I can totally see that, and he saidKelly Dodd is friendlier than Ramona but not as sweet as Dolores. 

A lot came out about Shannon not being a nice person. But we first got glimpses of it when she was with David, only we ignored it because we felt sorry for her regarding her divorce and David getting married so soon after.

ETA: She said several times (that Bravo showed) to other HWs "I went out of my way to be nice to you", as if she couldn't be just nice.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

On WWHL after the show, Shannon said that she offered John Janssen the full $75K so that they could both move on, and he refused it, which is why it's still dragging on.  She said she has no idea why he wouldn't accept it, but it appears that he'd rather make a public spectacle of it than wipe it clean.

She said the attorney's fees will run much greater than the $75K (probably for both sides), so it appears he's just being vindictive at this point.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Why did Shannon need John to pay for her facelift? If she wanted a facelift why didn't she pay for it herself?  

She has 3 daughters in college and she borrows $75,000 for a facelift. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Why did Shannon need John to pay for her facelift? If she wanted a facelift why didn't she pay for it herself?  

She has 3 daughters in college and she borrows $75,000 for a facelift. 

It seems strange. Her ex husband pays for half the college fees/expenses. She received a lump sum in the divorce, although not a large amount. Her Bravo salary must be high because she is a cast member for many years, and she has some endorsements, etc. Why would she borrow money from John, even if it was between HW seasons?

• Like 1

The $75,000 that was "borrowed" from John doesn't make sense, given that one of their big problems was that he wouldn't pay for anything when they went out.  If he couldn't even afford the dinners at TQW, how was he able to just hand her $75K?

And then it's all a big "He said She said" about whether it was a gift or a loan.

Which was it?

Either way, it's interesting that when she did offer to pay it back, he declined but insisted on a lawsuit.  I'm wondering if Alexis was in his head, knowing how upset another lawsuit would be to Shannon.

• Like 7
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

The $75,000 that was "borrowed" from John doesn't make sense, given that one of their big problems was that he wouldn't pay for anything when they went out.  If he couldn't even afford the dinners at TQW, how was he able to just hand her $75K?

And then it's all a big "He said She said" about whether it was a gift or a loan.

Which was it?

Either way, it's interesting that when she did offer to pay it back, he declined but insisted on a lawsuit.  I'm wondering if Alexis was in his head, knowing how upset another lawsuit would be to Shannon.

According to this article: https://www.realitytea.com/2024/04/03/shannon-beador-claims-offered-to-pay-john-janssen-75k-didnt-agree-terms-rhoc/

“I offered to pay John the exact amount that he wanted,” Shannon said on SiriusXM’s Jeff Lewis Live on April 1. “He turned the deal down because he didn’t want to sign a mutual non-disparagement agreement, and that’s standard in most settlements. That’s where you say you’re not gonna talk badly about someone.”

Absolutely agree it's confusing as to where he got the money or why she needed or asked him for it if he was sponging off of her the whole time

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

Interesting, @SweetieDarling:

“I offered to pay John the exact amount that he wanted,” Shannon said on SiriusXM’s Jeff Lewis Live on April 1. “He turned the deal down because he didn’t want to sign a mutual non-disparagement agreement, and that’s standard in most settlements. That’s where you say you’re not gonna talk badly about someone.”

So Alexis' perfect new boyfriend wouldn't agree to not speak badly about Shannon.

Interesting indeed.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

According to this article: https://www.realitytea.com/2024/04/03/shannon-beador-claims-offered-to-pay-john-janssen-75k-didnt-agree-terms-rhoc/

Absolutely agree it's confusing as to where he got the money or why she needed or asked him for it if he was sponging off of her the whole time

Maybe Shannon didn't have the money because she did pay for everything and maybe John had the money because he didn't pay for anything...

• Like 11

She claimed on the postcast that he gave her $35,000 for a facelift.  Then later on he gave her $40,000 to pay bills. She also claims that for the first several years that they were together she paid for everything so she feels like he was just repaying her for that. She also claims he never said the money was a loan. I don't know about this. Shannon must have been living way beyond her means if she didn't have enough money to pay her bills. She probably blew a ton of her divorce settlement on her various business ventures like lemon tincture and expensive frozen dinners that she tried to hawk on QVC. 

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

She claimed on the postcast that he gave her $35,000 for a facelift.  Then later on he gave her $40,000 to pay bills. She also claims that for the first several years that they were together she paid for everything so she feels like he was just repaying her for that. She also claims he never said the money was a loan. I don't know about this. Shannon must have been living way beyond her means if she didn't have enough money to pay her bills. She probably blew a ton of her divorce settlement on her various business ventures like lemon tincture and expensive frozen dinners that she tried to hawk on QVC. 

rhoa-gifs-that-live-rent-free-in-my-head

• LOL 5

Sober Shannon is someone I might actually befriend in real life.  She's funny, self-deprecating (when she's not competing) and sharp.  I have frequently admired her ability to take a step back from a tense conversation, and especially when she is being baited, to set limits.  I hope she will come to terms with her addiction in time to realize that it is costing her the chance of finding a genuine, deep, lasting romantic relationship, as well as her relationships with her daughters.  

• Like 8
11 hours ago, dosodog said:

Maybe Shannon didn't have the money because she did pay for everything and maybe John had the money because he didn't pay for anything...

Shannon never denied John gave her the money. Both amounts. He has money- he is a business executive, and she said that he was close to retirement and didn't even work hard because he didn't have to, that's why he could stay out at bars late and drink heavily. He also owns his house. She told several of the HWs that she paid for everything when they were together. It seems to me he sued although she wanted to settle in order to embarrass her on camera because it happened during filming (toward the end of it). I wonder if Alexis was involved in this. We will find out because it will be a storyline according to the season previews.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

But what's not confusing to me is that Douchbag Johnny was looking to stay part of this show (as well as Dumbass Alexis looking to get back on it).  Looks like it worked for both the Douchebag and the Dumbass. 

That he wouldn't agree to a mutual non-disparagement clause tells me not only is he gross but wants the residual fame more than Shannon's money.  

• Like 13
(edited)
On 7/13/2024 at 10:01 PM, ZettaK said:

It seems strange. Her ex husband pays for half the college fees/expenses. She received a lump sum in the divorce, although not a large amount. Her Bravo salary must be high because she is a cast member for many years, and she has some endorsements, etc. Why would she borrow money from John, even if it was between HW seasons?

I don't understand it either. She's been on the show a long time. Her income from the show combined with what David gave her should be more than enough for a facelift. By the way, isn't this her second or third one? IIRC, it was mentioned several seasons ago. Whatever the case, this latest one was excellent. She looks a lot like she did the first few seasons on the show. No doubt the weight loss helped too. Last season she looked bloated and rough. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4

I can't imagine asking someone that I was dating for $40,000 to pay for a facelift. In fact I can't imagine asking anyone for money for a facelift.  These women have really strange values. 

• Like 11
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I can't imagine asking someone that I was dating for $40,000 to pay for a facelift. In fact I can't imagine asking anyone for money for a facelift.  These women have really strange values. 

And John gave it, thinking it was perfectly normal!

• Like 1

It's a lot of money for a facelift, even with anything extra, like a CO2 laser treatment etc.

$75,000?   Should be less than half that, WITH the extras.

And John just "gave" it to her?

I smell fish.  Me no likey.

• Like 2

I’ve read breast implants (without a lift or anything extra) can be like $20,000 in LA, so I guess I’m not too shocked a face lift can cost that much in Orange County. Sometimes I wish I lived in that area to have access to the best in the country, but the prices! Yikes.

• Like 1

$20,000 is a normal price for breast implants.  $20,000 - $25,000 is normal for a facelift.  Add in the CO2 laser, and it's an extra couple thousand. 

Where the $75K comes in is beyond me.

Even full body lipo is only around $10K.

I live in a very image-conscious city, albeit much less expensive than L.A.  I don't have a single friend who hasn't undergone something, including myself (nose job, eyelid lift).  Heck, we are each other's drivers to & from.

The $75K is something I don't get.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

$20,000 is a normal price for breast implants.  $20,000 - $25,000 is normal for a facelift.  Add in the CO2 laser, and it's an extra couple thousand. 

Where the $75K comes in is beyond me.

Even full body lipo is only around $10K.

I live in a very image-conscious city, albeit much less expensive than L.A.  I don't have a single friend who hasn't undergone something, including myself (nose job, eyelid lift).  Heck, we are each other's drivers to & from.

The $75K is something I don't get.

I agree 75 seems like a lot anywhere, but I would expect a face lift to cost way more than a boob job. Isn’t a lot more skill required for a face lift? 

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree 75 seems like a lot anywhere, but I would expect a face lift to cost way more than a boob job. Isn’t a lot more skill required for a face lift? 

I would be a lot more skill is required for a face lift.  Screw up the boobs, they can be hidden under a sweater.  But mess up ma face???  Ain't nobody got time for that!

I had bunion surgery and eyelid lift the same week.  I asked the surgeons if they could work together, one anesthesia, one downtime, etc.  

They said that they could, but the foot doctor said the plastic surgeon had to do the surgery at his surgery center, at which she wasn't familiar.  I decided to do them separately (3 days apart), because I wanted her to be as commmmmmmfortaable as possible, working on my face & all.

(Both surgeries went very well, BTW).   Nowhere NEAR $75K.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

It's a lot of money for a facelift, even with anything extra, like a CO2 laser treatment etc.

$75,000?   Should be less than half that, WITH the extras.

And John just "gave" it to her?

I smell fish.  Me no likey.

He gave her 2 payments one for $35 and one for $40. One was for the facelift and the other was to pay bills. I don't remember which amount was for the facelift. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
32 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

He gave her 2 payments one for $34 and one for $40. One was for the facelift and the other was to pay bills. I don't remember which amount was for the facelift. 

Ahhh, now that makes more sense, that one of those payments was for the plastic surgery.

I don't get the payment to pay bills, when she always said she paid for all the dinners.

Again, I smell fish....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Ahhh, now that makes more sense, that one of those payments was for the plastic surgery.

I don't get the payment to pay bills, when she always said she paid for all the dinners.

Again, I smell fish....

Shannon may have been too drunk to remember correctly or had a blackout. 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Shannon may have been too drunk to remember correctly or had a blackout. 

Drunk or sober I don’t think Shannon pays much attention to details in conversations. Once something sets off an emotional reaction (which is everything) she’s off to the races. I could see that John offered her money for something and she was too busy tearfully thanking him and talking about how hard everything is for her and how David screwed her over in the divorce and her cast mates are so mean to her and so on and so on, she probably missed half of what he said.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

John said in his lawsuit the $35,000 was for a facelift, and the $40,000 for bills. Shannon didn't refute it. Her only issue is that she thinks it was a gift, not a loan. 

Edited by ZettaK
12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

John said in his lawsuit the $35,000 was for a facelift, and the $40,000 for bills. Shannon didn't refute it. Her only issue is that she thinks it was a gift, not a loan. 

If he had that kind of money why did he make her pay for all their dinners out and such?

• Like 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If he had that kind of money why did he make her pay for all their dinners out and such?

Shannon complained to others (including most of the HWs) that John didn't pay for dinners, etc. I don't doubt she is telling the truth, but we don't know what his version of events is. He lived in his house, he was almost never at Shannon's house (not even during Covid), or her at his like she complained to others (she never stayed the night), so I doubt she was paying for any of his bills. Did he think she was well-off because of the show, and her divorce settlement, and he didn't need to pay for dinners, etc.? He gave the Van Cleef & Arpels ring to Alexis about a month after they met. Does he value, and respect Alexis more than Shannon? Maybe.

Edited by ZettaK
17 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Shannon complained to others (including most of the HWs) that John didn't pay for dinners, etc. I don't doubt she is telling the truth, but we don't know what his version of events is. He lived in his house, he was almost never at Shannon's house (not even during Covid), or her at his like she complained to others (she never stayed the night), so I doubt she was paying for any of his bills. Did he think she was well-off because of the show, and her divorce settlement, and he didn't need to do it? He gave the Van Cleef & Arpels ring to Alexis about a month after they met. Does he value, and respect Alexis more than Shannon? Maybe.

Well, he’s a piece of garbage not matter who he is with.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
31 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Well, he’s a piece of garbage no matter who he is with.

Remember when he parked so close to a big curb that he made Shannon climb over and exit the driver's side even though she was all dressed up?  He did that instead of letting her out and then parking.  On camera.   That's when I knew for sure the guy was a dick.  

• Like 17

We know what John is. Alexis doesn't seem to see it- yet. She just met him. Shannon said on last night's episode that he love bombed her in the beginning of their relationship, like he is doing with Alexis now.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

We know what John is. Alexis doesn't seem to see it- yet. She just met him. Shannon said on last night's episode that he love bombed her in the beginning of their relationship, like he is doing with Alexis now.

Brooks 2.0

• Like 4
  • LOL 4