Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Jessa's Announcement

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I don't see how they will be able to show the wedding since Josh will be there. Since he is immediate family, asking him to sit in the back at the ceremony would be awkward since the family has always been up front.

I agree with those of you who think Derrick should focus on working in the US. This doesn't apply to the Duggars, but a recent NYTimes article encouraged college applicants to focus on volunteering in their own towns rather than some remote village abroad. They interviewed admissions officials from Harvard and Trinity who said they didn't want to see anymore essays about going abroad due to them being basically identical. It was titled "Go to Haiti, Get Into Harvard?"

Does anyone think the Bates are discouraging their kids not to date any of the Duggars?

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Kat20 said:

I don't see how they will be able to show the wedding since Josh will be there. Since he is immediate family, asking him to sit in the back at the ceremony would be awkward since the family has always been up front.

I agree with those of you who think Derrick should focus on working in the US. This doesn't apply to the Duggars, but a recent NYTimes article encouraged college applicants to focus on volunteering in their own towns rather than some remote village abroad. They interviewed admissions officials from Harvard and Trinity who said they didn't want to see anymore essays about going abroad due to them being basically identical. It was titled "Go to Haiti, Get Into Harvard?"

Does anyone think the Bates are discouraging their kids not to date any of the Duggars?

I don't know if they're being discouraged or discreet.  Rumor had it that one of the Duggar boys was attending the same college as the Bates and I believe I heard he would be living with the Bates while attending college.  But don't quote on that part.  In the same article (it was at least a year ago that I read it) it said that the Duggar boy (I think it was Joseph) was dating one of the Bates girls.  Can't be Tori as she's already involved in a serious relationship.  So that would leave the one who loves to talk (can't remember her name, but she's cute as all get out).  Then again, I think all of the Bates girls are pretty anyway.  The boys aren't shabby either, well maybe Trace will grow into his looks, but the other boys are very handsome.

No, Crown policy would not allow Joe to live with the Bateses. They have a "50 mile rule," so he had to live in the dorms while he was there. 

They can easily shoot around Smuggar at the wedding, since he won't be a part of the wedding party. However, TLC may re-seat him so they can show close-ups of Mechelle fake-crying in the front row, hopefully not in that tinfoil monstrosity dress. 

• Love 5

She

36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They can easily shoot around Smuggar at the wedding, since he won't be a part of the wedding party. However, TLC may re-seat him so they can show close-ups of Mechelle fake-crying in the front row, hopefully not in that tinfoil monstrosity dress. 

Michelle probably won't wear that dress again, since she lost the "Who wore it best?" to Kelly.  Kind of a shame, I really enjoyed cackling at that metallic mess.  Well, maybe she'll do just as well this time.  I encourage us to find mother of the bride dresses suitable for Michelle. 

• Love 1

Don't think so (although by then I'm sure they had one). I just noticed that the preview for the clipshow picked up on my DVR. They taped it only 4 weeks after they taped the announcement episode: Jessa says she's 17 1/2 weeks, so that's what, early/mid September? As of that date, she still hasn't had an ultrasound. But they're still talking twins! Idiots. 

No JD, Joe, or Josiah in the clipshow ensemble, so yeah, nothing to announce there. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Jessa openly saying she was 17 weeks with no ultrasound means they think that is appropriate. Your family can afford prenatal care. I opted out of a first trimester ultrasound because it was $150, and I am healthy and young....so why not wait until my second trimester. After her horror delivery you would think she would be more cautious instead of worrying about is she having twins or not. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't think so. I just noticed that the preview for the clipshow picked up on my DVR. They taped it only 4 weeks after they taped the announcement episode: she says she's 17 1/2 weeks, so that's what, early/mid September? 

As of that date, she still hasn't had an ultrasound. 

No JD, Joe, or Josiah in the clipshow ensemble, so yeah, nothing to announce there. 

great so its def another snoozefest 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kat20 said:

I don't think the Bates are actively discouraging it, but the two families are very different in their rules and personalities. They'll never say it on camera, but the Bates must be horrified by Josh's behavior. And I don't think the Bates want their kids to be financially dependent on a reality show. 

Supposedly Zach Bates asked Jana Duggar to court (before he met Whitney), and she said no.  

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 1

Here's the link to Counting On videos on TLC's website:  http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/counting-on-videos/  and there's a new one there called "A Look at the Counting On After Show."  Is this the same as the previews that some of you have seen on TV?  

Jessa says they're in Tennessee and the TLC people refer to it as a "set" a couple of times.  They're in an attractive living room, and it's clearly a house because we also see a bathroom and kitchen.  Weird!  Where are they?

Jessa does most of the blabbing and there's a brief shot of Jill with a sad face and downcast eyes.

4 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Supposedly Zach Bates asked Jana Duggar to court (before he met Whitney), and she said no.  

Lol, if that's true, then sucks to be you, Jana. Trapped in the girls' dorm while Zach has a real career, home, gorgeous wife and two beautiful kiddos. The Bateses just stay winning in the marriage and baby game.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, if that's true, then sucks to be you, Jana. Trapped in the girls' dorm while Zach has a real career, home, gorgeous wife and two beautiful kiddos. The Bateses just stay winning in the marriage and baby game.

For whatever reason, she wasn't interested.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I too had heard that Zach wanted to date Jana and she turned him down.  Maybe Jana just didn't feel it.  Zach seems to be a very decent guy, good husband, father, provider - but you need that "spark" too.  I don't think Jana will ever marry though.  True, you do not need a mate in order to be fulfilled, but you do need SOMETHING, a career or something other than living at home and raising your siblings.  At some point they all be gone and then where will Jana be?

4 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Eh, I disagree. If you don't feel a connection, you don't feel a connection, and while Zach seems to be a nice enough guy, to me he comes across a little silly and vacant. Not that vacant isn't the norm in the TTH! Of course it is. But there's no guarantee that Jana would have been happy with Zach. I wish people didn't always act like what's missing from Jana's life is marriage. What she deserves is the freedom to have real friends and a real job. 

You beat me to the punch.  I just posted something along the same lines as you.

• Love 6

Idk, I guess I take a more pragmatic view towards marriage. I'd much rather end up with a nice, albeit somewhat vanilla, guy like Zach than live the life of a Tabitha Paine, Sarah Maxwell or Jana Duggar. Mileage varies, of course.

• Love 4

I want Jana to be a paid nanny for some conservative socialite. Travel the world and care for 2 children. This fits in somewhat with their shipping out SAHD to other families, but with some added benefits such as: pay, travel, meeting people, accommodation, exposure to different values.

Can someone FU internetz this please? TLC show?

No idea what she wants, but I don't see this gift at home staging, or décor. Looks pretty basic fundy style, but I'm a big apartmenttherapy.com fan so...

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

No idea what she wants, but I don't see this gift at home staging, or décor. Looks pretty basic fundy style, but I'm a big apartmenttherapy.com fan so...

I don't either. There's a big difference between trolling Pinterest for kitschy ideas and being a professional decorator. Besides that, I don't think the Duggars live in that upscale of an area where hiring interior designers is the norm. After all, these are people who put Pringles and Gorilla Glue on their registries, ffs. I think the Duggars are working overtime to marry off Jana and JD.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Here's the link to Counting On videos on TLC's website:  http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/counting-on-videos/  and there's a new one there called "A Look at the Counting On After Show."  Is this the same as the previews that some of you have seen on TV?  

Jessa says they're in Tennessee and the TLC people refer to it as a "set" a couple of times.  They're in an attractive living room, and it's clearly a house because we also see a bathroom and kitchen.  Weird!  Where are they?

Jessa does most of the blabbing and there's a brief shot of Jill with a sad face and downcast eyes.

Yes, that's the preview I saw, or at least parts of it. The DVR segment I saw was 8 minutes of pain. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Any idea why they're in a house in Tennessee? 

No clue from the clip. Going off of Jessa's dates, this was taped in early/mid-September. Maybe a Lawson Bates "concert?" LOL

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I want Jana to be a paid nanny for some conservative socialite. Travel the world and care for 2 children. This fits in somewhat with their shipping out SAHD to other families, but with some added benefits such as: pay, travel, meeting people, accommodation, exposure to different values.

Can someone FU internetz this please? TLC show?

Wouldn't it be great if Jana could go to school to see if her amateur interest in home decor could blossom into a career? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Wouldn't it be great if Jana could go to school to see if her amateur interest in home decor could blossom into a career? 

There's money to be made staging houses that are for sale. 

I doubt Boob would pay her much but it could work to acquaint other Realtors with her services.

Or start a booth like Famy. Not a huge outlay but if stuff is selling it's not only money-in-the-pocket but an excuse to get out of the TTH to find more stuff.

I know, even these baby steps are the stuff of dreams.

Sad. 

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:20 AM, BitterApple said:

Idk, I guess I take a more pragmatic view towards marriage. I'd much rather end up with a nice, albeit somewhat vanilla, guy like Zach than live the life of a Tabitha Paine, Sarah Maxwell or Jana Duggar. Mileage varies, of course.

Mileage definitely varies. I have to believe that something's holding Jana back quite possibly that after spending 20 years as a sister mom, it's wearying to think about 20 more years of neverending pregnancy and childcare. I really do sense that she yearns for a career of some kind, which in their world is barely tolerated if a woman is unmarried and absolutely not at all if she is. 

• Love 4

When Jana stops having siblings to raise, she'll either be raising her nieces and nephews (which she's already transitioning to now) or she'll be taking care of her parents.  Probably both.

Not much of a life, but to Jana it may beat hell out of being married to some random fundy and pumping out kids of her own.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Mileage definitely varies. I have to believe that something's holding Jana back

I agree. Jana is a beautiful girl who has a hell of a lot more to offer than Jill, Jinger or Jessa. She's a hard worker, she has a variety of interests, she's great with kids and she's low maintenance. I'm really hoping she's single by choice and not being discouraged from courting because the marrieds don't want to lose their free nanny. 

• Love 7
On 10/19/2016 at 4:05 PM, RedDelicious said:

Hey Jill. Car in Spanish is coche. Not car-o.

I live in a border city and believe it or not , car-o is the word most people use for car.  But that's border Spanish , not the Spanish they use in CA . 

• Love 1

Lets end the Jana was molested by Josh speculation. Do not discuss redacted victims on here and respect the victims' right to privacy. The mods will edit or hide posts discussing who might have been victims besides Jill and Jessa. Thank you.

19 hours ago, OSM Mom said:

I live in a border city and believe it or not , car-o is the word most people use for car.  But that's border Spanish , not the Spanish they use in CA . 

It's not just in border cities. In CA the commonly used word is carro (that's the actual spelling) rather than coche. I have heard this directly from people who know what they're talking about, but there are many online explanations too, including this one: http://spanishskulduggery.tumblr.com/post/54928374566/the-endless-debate-coche-vs-carro

So even though we love to snark, we have to give Jill a pass on this one! She wasn't pulling a Jim Boob and simply adding an O to words randomly.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, becca3891 said:

So even though we love to snark, we have to give Jill a pass on this one! She wasn't pulling a Jim Boob and simply adding an O to words randomly.

I'll give Jill as pass.  A broken clock is correct twice a day.

• Love 1