Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Jessa's Announcement

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Jinger and Jeremy celebrate their engagement in New York City; Jill and Derick wrap up their mission work in Central America, and are greeted with a big surprise party in Arkansas; Jessa and Ben have a bigger surprise of their own.

So this announcement is a re-enactment, correct? Because Jessa was so obviously showing these last couple of episodes, there's no way the family couldn't tell she was pregnant. 

I'm already gagging over Derick and Jill's "welcome home" army at the airport. Never mind all those trips back to the States along with various family members flying to Danger America once a month. 

• Love 11

Who says they are inviting family over for an "ice cream social"? Who the hell talks like that? In addition, all thirty five hundred grimy hands in that runny, warm ice cream is just gag worthy. Yuck

• Love 17
4 hours ago, lulu69 said:

They really think Jessa's big surprise is a surprise???And worthy of an episode, no less?The big surprise would be if a Duggar wasn't pregnant. And got a non-JB job. Or went to college. Or anything really, other than getting engaged, married & popping out babies.

It will be interesting to see if Jill was home when Jessa had her stupid little ice cream social announcement. If so, totally a re-enactment, since she was clearly at least 8 weeks along in late July in NYC and obviously showing in pictures before Jill's return about 10 days later. How could her family NOT know? She's there pretty much 24/7. These people are all about the babiezzzzzz. Jessa certainly told at least the sisters and her parents weeks before. I can't wait to see some bad acting from Mechelle and even worse acting from the happy, smug couple. Moar money for them, bitches!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Thanks for keeping the timelines straight @Sew Sumi. For someone not paying attention they might think this is Jessa's third child and Jill's return home from years in Central America. And maybe Jinger's one year anniversary celebration. I know I can't keep it straight!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It will be interesting to see if Jill was home when Jessa had her stupid little ice cream social announcement. If so, totally a re-enactment, since she was clearly at least 8 weeks along in late July in NYC and obviously showing in pictures before Jill's return about 10 days later. How could her family NOT know? She's there pretty much 24/7. These people are all about the babiezzzzzz. Jessa certainly told at least the sisters and her parents weeks before. I can't wait to see some bad acting from Mechelle and even worse acting from the happy, smug couple. Moar money for them, bitches!

Was she really that early in pregnancy? It is nothing from a baby to show at 8-9 weeks. The baby ranges from the size of a fingernail to peanut. 

I just read that her due date is 2/2. She was about 11 weeks along when she went to NYC, and she was showing so obviously that many of us called it when we saw pics of them wandering around NYC and Jersey the day before the proposal. If they waited until Jill came home for tonight's "announcement" that will surprise no one, it looks like she was into her second trimester! She popped pretty early with this one. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, DOBABYR said:

Was she really that early in pregnancy? It is nothing from a baby to show at 8-9 weeks. The baby ranges from the size of a fingernail to peanut. 

All the Dwomen look about 4-5 months pregnant all the time. Watch out Jinge, that missing back muscle is coming for you.

• Love 16

As if anyone truly believed that these four girls were all each other's "best friends?" There were two cliques, and I guess Joy joined the Jana/Jill squad when she hit puberty and was considered a "woman" in terms of pulling her away from studies to take care of kids more than an hour a day. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

As if anyone truly believed that these four girls were all each other's "best friends?" There were two cliques, and I guess Joy joined the Jana/Jill squad when she hit puberty and was considered a "woman" in terms of pulling her away from studies to take care of kids more than an hour a day. 

Ugh, love Jana, but Jill is my least favourite, followed by Joy. Jana get out and find a new gang.

• Love 8

So, Ben and Jessa brought three Duggarlings to help watch Izzy and Spurge and STILL have trouble??   For reals??  <facepalm>

Edited by tabloidlover
posted before watching entire scene and now i'm bashing my head into the wall
  • Love 6

The last time I remember seeing Ben’s family was at his wedding.  They were conspicuously absent when Spurgeon was born and weren’t at the baby announcement.  Given how close the two families seemed during the courtship and wedding, I can’t help but believe they had a falling out.    

It’s a shame that Jill doesn’t seem to have the tight bond with her son, that she had with Joy, James and Jenny.  That prickly Jessa appears to be the better mom is rather surprising.  “Having two kids is definitely more work than having one” says Ben, the rocket scientist.   

I can’t believe Michelle hasn’t retired that ugly green shirt.

• Love 12

One can only surmise that KJB and J-Chelle do not want the Seewalds around because it cuts into their TLC paycheck.

One can also wonder if the fact the Duggars insist on all holidays and family celebrations being spent at the TTH has become an issue as well.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I believe that Bin's mom was at the birth along with Mullet.

I am happy to hear that, but like I said, I haven't seen them since the wedding. No pictures with Spurge. Nothing.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am happy to hear that, but like I said, I haven't seen them since the wedding. No pictures with Spurge. Nothing.

The only pics of Spurge on her FB are ones that Jessa shared first. No pictures of any member of HER family with the boy, except from when he was a newborn. As @Lilybee noted, Guinn was yet another needless body at the birth. She was as helpless as the rest of them when Jessa started hemorrhaging. I wonder if she'll be welcome this time. I think the rift is between Boob and Michael Seewald, who has been critical of the Duggars in his past writings which have now dwindled down to nothing. One has to wonder why. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

How did Jinge survive without Babe in this episode? Two magnets should be together. lol

LOL, I read this as 'two maggots should be together'. Yup, I've taken enough Theraflu for one evening.

• Love 17

Does anyone really believe that Mechelle, who has had 18 pregnancies progress beyond 14 weeks, was really surprised? Hell, was ANYONE really surprised? It doesn't sound like it from what I've read across forums, although maybe Mechelle WAS surprised. She's so disconnected from everything aside from her elliptical and her Starbucks. I know that TLC wanted to wrap up the JinJer story, but they could have actually had Jessa announce earlier in the season. Oh that's right; we're supposed to believe that JinJer were only courting for a month rather than the three months that they let slip an episode or two ago. 

I guess Jessa doesn't have that much pull over production after all. She's as much a dancing bear as the rest of her supporting cast; if she wants those sweet checks so neither she nor her man-boy have to hold down a real job, then she'll wait until she's 14 weeks to announce a very obvious pregnancy that everyone on the damn internet called before she announced it! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

Wow, nice little "guest house"!  But I would want them all to butt out and I will decorate my own house, thank you. 

Poor Cathy when they all showed up at the airport.  A circus as usual.  And I loved when they were all getting ready to head out the door to meet Derrick and Jill, and there's Boob stuffing his face again, LOL.

I hope a "fan" sends them a proper car seat.  It's not safe to be stuffing a kid the size of a 3-year-old into an infant carrier!   WTH?

• Love 5

Jessa and Jinger is the only friendship I believe, I don't think Jana and Jill ever seemed that close.   I think they were just kind of forced together.

Josie seems over it. When Joy said she didn't think the littles understood the sign, I sear Josie was thinking, " And I don't care either!  Bored now!"

• Love 8

That little "guest house" is something like 3300 square feet. I still don't understand why Benessa didn't get it; it's not as if her pregnancy was a secret amongst the adults (and kidults) in the family. If Jill and Derick were really planning to be staying temporarily, why not put them in the Mold House? 

• Love 9

Jessa got pregnant in late April/early May. IIRC, they went to Danger America sometime in March. 

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Zika. When did Jessa become pregnant. When did they visit Jill & Derick?

I'm guessing Jessa and Ben will be moving to the Guest House With its Own Address after Jill & Derick leave.

IF Jill and Derick leave. We shall see in early December when the rubber meets the road. 

• Love 2

Could this have been more boring and repetitive?

Two comments 1)  They need a proper fence for that swimming pool with a toddler running around.  That really scared me.

2)  It hurts to look at Derrick's teeth.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

On their family instagram they only have a picture of them babysitting Spurge when he was much younger. Like 6 months

34 minutes ago, Leigh3 said:

Is Jessa pregnant with twins? I had twins after my son and I was soundly showing by 11 weeks. I always looked a month..or more  bigger than I did with my son.

She hinted to it before that it could be one or two little blessings. And according to commercial previews she hinted at twins again so maybe so.

Edited by DOBABYR
Add more snark haha
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That little "guest house" is something like 3300 square feet. I still don't understand why Benessa didn't get it; it's not as if her pregnancy was a secret amongst the adults (and kidults) in the family. If Jill and Derick were really planning to be staying temporarily, why not put them in the Mold House? 

Because Jessa is too busy trying to pretend like she was and is sooooo satisfied getting the mold house over Jill getting the nicer home despite her courting first. 

Poor Jana. The first Duggar to hang a thing on a wall that wasn't a family clusterfuck photo, a prayer, or an inspirational word....and she had to fight for it. Too bad she can only dream of living in any of those places.

Mullet is certifiably insane. That high-pitched shrieking over the 'surprise' announcement was nuts. Luckily, there are going to be so many blessings coming (stay tuned y'all !!) that she will most likely develop throat polyps and we won't have to hear her ever again.

That's all I saw...guess it will all be regurgitated next week. yay.

• Love 13

I sent my helpmate to his music room to sing some evil (Rolling stones, Bowie, etc.) music while I embarrassingly watched the  Duggs.  When he came down, I was asleep.  I think I made it to the first commercial.  You all will have to fill me in.  

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, DOBABYR said:

She hinted to it before that it could be one or two little blessings. And according to commercial previews she hinted at twins again so maybe so.

She tried to pull that stunt in her first pregnancy. Fool me once, Jessa (except I didn't fall for it)...She truly enjoys fucking with the leghumpers; she knows they hang on her every utterance. But yeah, she had the Is It A a)Boy b)Girl c)Twins poll last time.

Did Derick really say they could now run because he wasn't afraid of getting shot? And as for Jill ever running....nope, don't see it either. 

Running buddies, Dullard. Ever hear of them? 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

"It's nice that they give you signs." Hah. That was a cute lol moment between Derick and Jill. These two seem to really like each other. 

Jana's sad eyes make me sad. But she looked really happy when she said 'sandwiches.'  Totally agree. Never underestimate a good sandwich.

What in the world happened to them in South America??!?

Joy: "Hanging out with Spurgeon is pretty fun."

Jenny: It IS fun.

Whoa. Where did THAT come from?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2

I actually liked the scenes with Jessa and Bin dressing Spurgeon. They have some semblance of on-screen chemistry and I don't mind when it's just the three of them.

Jill and Derick are staler than Jeremy's Jinger sandwich. And she's blown up so much she has to be like 24 weeks. Oh wait.

• Love 5