Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Jessa's Announcement

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did Derick really say they could now run because he wasn't afraid of getting shot?

I found that interesting, as well as his comment about now being able to go out after dark.  Given these negative comments, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't welcome back. 

I have a feeling Josh, Anna and the kids were at the ice cream social.  I wonder where they were hiding while the cameras were rolling. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

Ugh, love Jana, but Jill is my least favourite, followed by Joy. Jana get out and find a new gang.

I agree. Jill and Joy are hardly my version of #SquadGoals. I used to like Joy until they actually let her open her mouth and speak. She makes Kylie Jenner look like an Oxford grad, she's so damn stupid. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

So, Ben and Jessa brought three Duggarlings to help watch Izzy and Spurge and STILL have trouble??   For reals??  <facepalm>

Seriously, five people to watch two babies and they're struggling, and exhausted on the couch. 

• Love 6

I'm a grandma and once saw the other grandma line up five adults to babysit the two grandchildren that I told my daughter I'd be perfectly fine with alone at their house.  Some people are just easily flummoxed and some of us are naturally organized with children.  They have never learned to parent since the elder Duggars don't know how. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, awaken said:

Seriously, five people to watch two babies and they're struggling, and exhausted on the couch. 

Makes you wonder who they'll be moving in as a full-time nanny once the new one arrives if they can't cope by themselves for just a few hours. Job for Hannie?

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I found that interesting, as well as his comment about now being able to go out after dark.  Given these negative comments, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't welcome back. 

I have a feeling Josh, Anna and the kids were at the ice cream social.  I wonder where they were hiding while the cameras were rolling. 

Agreed with the first part. I seriously doubt they're going back. There are two missioncations in December (one of which the Duggars always go on). Let's see if they go down there for the week or if they actually stay, because they sure seem to hate it. 

• Love 4

So Anna plus 3 or 4 kids (I forget...) had to move in to the girls dorm room,  I guess until josh got back from "rehab" and I don't know where they are now.... but Jill is back "temporarily " and gets a huge house? Never mind Jessa is there full time (and soon to have a bigger family than jill) and she's in a tiny house..

• Love 9

Never discount inherent unfairness in a family where the patriarch felt unfairly treated growing up and lives to perpetuate that among his own children.  Apparently no one told him it's very wrong to play favorites among the children.  Even thinking he lived it, he couldn't figure out not to do it.

• Love 10

Yeah, I'm not understanding why Jill needs freshly decorated McMansions while one daughter is crammed into the mold house and an in-law is stuffed into a little girls' dorm with her four children. 

As much of a bitch as Jessa is, she was right about the pictures. The ones she put up looked much better than Jana's. Also, did anyone peep that massive flatscreen in the guest room? Are we really supposed to believe they only watch Andy Griffith reruns on that thing? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding why Jill needs freshly decorated McMansions while one daughter is crammed into the mold house and an in-law is stuffed into a little girls' dorm with her four children. 

As much of a bitch as Jessa is, she was right about the pictures. The ones she put up looked much better than Jana's. Also, did anyone peep that massive flatscreen in the guest room? Are we really supposed to believe they only watch Andy Griffith reruns on that thing? 

I think the Smuggars are put up in the "guest house" former warehouse that's on the property. I've seen pics of Meredith there. UYou can tell the difference due to the floors. The floors at the warehouse are dark wood. The floors at the Pool House are terra cotta tile-esque. The only member of the Smuggar family with any need to be at the Pool House is Anna, to film her TH segments; they've used that location for the THs since Boob bought the place. I imagine that the little cousins just all meet up at the TTH while Smuggar is ostensibly at "work" selling his clunkers along the highway with his twin brothers. 

• Love 4

Damn Ben!!! Thats some shade about the Korean BBQ

Spurgey is a cute baby. Jessa and Jinger are really the only ones carrying the show. Jessa seems to be the only one who has a personality. They need to just stop with Joy. She really is an idiot. I know its not her fault but give that kid a book or send her to school . Its sad

Im tired of seeing Jana the work horse doing everything. Sad, depressing and boring I hope she goes and burns down that guest house one day when the Dillards are at Chick-fil-la

I see they are doing a lot of internet fuck yous with having Josie parrot lines. Not buying it. Ive never heard a 6 year old " so ive been waiting for this day" Sooo unnatural

I so wanted Jana to be like listen bitch this is my project back off. LOL But yay for actual realness on this show

I wanna know what happened in Cintral America. And seriously if its so bad, STAY HOME! You aren't doing anything over there anyway!

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 13

I forgot to mention how funny it was when Jinger tried to frame the little kids' disinterest in the pregnancy announcement as them not being able to get the meaning of the picture. No, they understood what it meant, they just had zero fucks to give. 

On a snarky note, Jessa might want to lay off the ice cream. She's really spreading with this pregnancy.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17

I don't even care how much Jill annoys me, her relationship with her buddies will always melt my heart.  Jenny and James were not about holding any stupid signs.  They were both positioned and ready to run as soon as they saw her.  I also appreciate that Jill and Derick let her buddies ride home from the airport with them.  She's the best of the buddy system.

I chuckled when Derick said he'd be drinking faucet water and living on the edge.  I certainly hope his family is getting decent time in with him.  I hate it when they're shoved aside because of 20+ Duggars. I felt for Cathy when she said "I can breathe now" and started crying.  I wonder what happened to make everyone so uneasy. 

Jana and Jessa's "argument" was refreshing. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, awaken said:

As we all know, the secret of watching toddlers is to limit the area they can roam and make the space they are in as child proofed as possible. Gates, or otherwise blocking doorways, stairs, etc., is key. The good news is I heard Jessa throw out the gate suggestion near the end of the segment.

Edited by Love2dance
Comma
  • Love 3

on the preview for the next time on counting on when they were talking about the violence in cintral america Jill looked like she had a bump nearly as big as Jessa's. It looked like it could be the worlds worst shirt

Girl needs to work on her wardrobe and make it more flattering, or maybe she is PG. ?

and LET ME GUESS JEREMY IS THE SPECIAL GUEST OMGGGGGGG. Ugh

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Damn Ben!!! Thats some shade about the Korean BBQ

Lulz, right? I thought that was kind of rude, especially since Jeremy was trying to have the family experience one of his favorite haunts in New York. Would it kill the Duggars to eat something that isn't Chik Fil A? I guess Bin forgot about his oh-so-klassy wedding reception that consisted of strangers standing around in a frozen parking lot hoping to cop a Dixie cup full of ice cream. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

So in one clip Jill is wearing the coral bridesmaid dress-was that from Jessa's wedding?

Who was the lady in blue at the ice cream social?  Was it Famy's mom?

Yes, Jill was wearing the coral bridesmaid dress from Jessa's wedding.  It looked cute on her- much better as a "play dress" than a bridesmaid dress!

I saw Amy's mom, in blue, and grandma came out of the laundry room to have some melting ice cream.

When the older kids started up AGAIN about how Jessa's baby could be a girl or it could be a boy, oh god, I want to SCREAM!  I hope it's a boy, I hope it's a girl, just blablabla.  AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Hanna's face is really messed up.  I guess she could have acne and be picking at it, but I noticed Band-Aids on her face and a really scarred forehead.  She looks like she was attacked by a dog.

Words of wisdom from Ben the Sage: "Having two little kiddos is definitely...there's more to it than just having one." 

smh

eta: Jessa was 14 weeks and hadn't gotten an ultrasound yet???? Nice prenatal care there, girlfriend. It also pretty much confirms that she had minimal care when pregnant with Spurge. I forsee another homebirth with Miss Teresa and Mechelle running the show. Lord help them. 

eta again (sorry, watching the repeat after watching on FF): The "home cinema" TV was about twice as large as that little room required. That had to be at least a 50 incher. The Jessa/Jana fight...Jessa is such a bitch. Joy's an idiot. 

Josie? Coached.She's the only one who gets any attention from her birth mother anymore. The other Lost Girls live up to their nickname. Poor things. :(

Every single post-pubescent Duggar has horrible skin. Horrible. 

JB looked like HE was 14 weeks pregnant and sucking down food as he demands the kids load up to go to the airport. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

This episode was boring. 

Jill and Derrick are boring, but were better at the grocery store. 

We could see Jana being an interior designer. Is this to make her more appealing for a potential courtship (one of the wifely skills) or for her to sell junk in lieu of interior design in the store lot she purchased? (I didn't like the green she picked for the dinning room.)

I would guess boredom is a real problem for these people. Jana may enjoy staying active to keep boredom at bay.

That baby sitting seemed partially to give Derrick and Jill some alone time and partly to get those little girls babysitting and experience with kids.

I was really hoping to see an FU internet moment with Jessa getting real prenatal care.  Not cool TLC!

Edited by Temperance

Derick, people get shot all the time in America. Even in Arkansas. Yes, God allows it to happen. Maybe Flame can explain it to him.

I hope for a Jinger wedding, then A Josh appearance, then a quick  cancellation.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

I'm sick of these fakes...oh and Joseph front hugged Jinger. Right under your fat nose KJB! Lay off asking Clowncar if there was any shenanigans in NY. Everyone knows she's so stoned she's sleep walking .

Those questions from JB were the worst part of the episode (and that's saying a lot) - it is so incredibly pervy to be that invested in your kids "sex" life that you interrogate your wife on things like front hugs.  And even worse he won't front hug his own daughters because breasts or something I don't know.   Does he even realize that all the rules and talk and worry about we don't hold hands until engaged and we don't hug and kiss until married is achieving the opposite of what he wants; he's creating an army of oversexed repressed semi-adults who'll marry the first person to pay attention to them.  On the other hand then it's an early start to more J-Grandkids so maybe that's exactly what he wants.

6 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

So in one clip Jill is wearing the coral bridesmaid dress-was that from Jessa's wedding?

THAT'S what that dress was - I thought it looked horrible on her but I didn't recognize it.  Might not be the dress though; Jill is just not looking good in general.  The smile seems forced and she looks sad, dumpy and tired.  She also had a look on her face when Jessa showed everyone the photograph that I couldn't decide if it was "I have my own announcement but can't steal Jessa's thunder" OR "I am so F'ing jealous right now".

Spurgeon is the cutest kid of the bunch; I hope being in this family doesn't knock the fun out of him eventually.  I love that Israel is still speaking Spanish only because I picture fun times in the TTH with Michelle and the younger kids watching him and looking completely confused while he repeatedly asks for "aqua"

• Love 7
9 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

They pissed me right off with that babysitting shitshow.Queen zits sitting on her pampered lazy ass on the couch barking at the little girls to watch Iz. She's fucking useless. You know she's one of those women that can't stand any kids she didn't pump out herself. No wonder she's knocked up again.. She never has to do anything alone! Einstein Bin helping her get pants on one squirmy baby..good luck Hannie... may as well pack your bag now.. you're moving to the mold house. 

Something horrible happened in danger America..Jill is a mess and her hubby seems pretty careful with her. She either had a bad scare or lost a baby or had to terminate a pregnancy due to zika. She's a mess. Maybe still from the trauma of turdgate. 

Jessa's comment was the worst - she said they brought the girls in case she and idiot Ben got tired of chasing the kids.   Really??   Freakin really?  What the fuck does idiot Ben do that would exhaust him??   They only had to watch the kids for a short amount of time - couple hours TOPS.   Guess what?  Having young toddlers IS exhausting.... Duh!!

*Who paid for the hundred bags of groceries they brought back?   Their cart looked smallish yet when they got home, there were at least 50 bags of groceries to put away.....  I wasn't aware that unemployed missionaries had so much extra spending money -  they sure did throw everything they saw into the cart

8 hours ago, Love2dance said:

As we all know, the secret of watching toddlers is to limit the area they can roam and make the space they are in as child proofed as possible. Gates, or otherwise blocking doorways, stairs, etc., is key. The good news is I heard Jessa throw out the gate suggestion near the end of the segment.

I was floored at all of the instructions Jill and Derrick felt they needed to give Jessa and dumbshit Ben.....   They clearly don't fully trust them either

7 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

on the preview for the next time on counting on when they were talking about the violence in cintral america Jill looked like she had a bump nearly as big as Jessa's. It looked like it could be the worlds worst shirt

Girl needs to work on her wardrobe and make it more flattering, or maybe she is PG. ?

and LET ME GUESS JEREMY IS THE SPECIAL GUEST OMGGGGGGG. Ugh

OMG!!  You beat me to it!   How stupid do they think we are??   Of course it's Jeremy as the special guest  :/

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Words of wisdom from Ben the Sage: "Having two little kiddos is definitely...there's more to it than just having one." 

smh

eta: Jessa was 14 weeks and hadn't gotten an ultrasound yet???? Nice prenatal care there, girlfriend. It also pretty much confirms that she had minimal care when pregnant with Spurge. I forsee another homebirth with Miss Teresa and Mechelle running the show. Lord help them. 

eta again (sorry, watching the repeat after watching on FF): The "home cinema" TV was about twice as large as that little room required. That had to be at least a 50 incher. The Jessa/Jana fight...Jessa is such a bitch. Joy's an idiot. 

Josie? Coached.She's the only one who gets any attention from her birth mother anymore. The other Lost Girls live up to their nickname. Poor things. :(

Every single post-pubescent Duggar has horrible skin. Horrible. 

JB looked like HE was 14 weeks pregnant and sucking down food as he demands the kids load up to go to the airport. 

I'm so happy that dumbshit figured out that 1+1=2..... Baby steps, ya'll.    So no prenatal care, she knows her due date based on the calendar system they have been taught to use.   Zero prenatal care -- did anyone else notice Jill light up at the possibility of using her tools to let them hear the heartbeat? <eyeroll> -- and she could very easily have died after delivering Spurge.  WHAT THE FUCK are these idiots thinking?????   

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Maya said:

Jana looks like she's hanging by a thread.

I want to rescue her myself at this point.

Every time the attention is on Jana, she deftly deflects it with an eye-roll, or a dismissive word, or something.  She is sadness personified to me.  She's beautiful, smart, and creative.  And yet, she channels all of her time into taking care of everyone else.  Someone needs to come along and take her away from her family, where she is the self-made servant girl.  It frustrates me to no end, because she knows no other way.  As long as she keeps herself very busy remodeling mansions, gardening, taking care of the littles, etc., she has no down time to really think about how empty her life is.  It's borderline abusive that Jana is stuck playing both mother and father to a crop of kids that aren't hers.  Her sadness is palpable, as is JD's.  How sucky it is to be one of the first-borns of JB and Michelle, and how it enrages me that JB and Michelle seem perfectly content to have their oldest daughter stuck in this role.

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I gasped at one point because I thought it was Josh in the red t-shirt and hat, but it was JD.

How horrible for Josh and Anna's kids to be present, yet not really part of things because of their pig of a father.

9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

As much of a bitch as Jessa is, she was right about the pictures. The ones she put up looked much better than Jana's. 

This was an interesting battle of wills between Jana and Jessa.  Jana's the one who worked on making the house nice for Jill and Derrick.  Jessa floats in and starts criticizing Jana's decorations?  I don't think so, princess.  Take several seats and leave Jana alone.  Jessa's superiority makes me stabby.

Why did the picture of Binessa and Spurge have Bin's and Jessa's heads cut off?  I found that odd.  Maybe that's the current Pinterest trend, I don't know.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17

What the hell kind of car seat was Izzy in? His head and feet were hanging out. These idiots..

So Ben here are some facts for you. 1+1=2. 2 is more than 1. So if you had 1 M&M then someone gave you one more then you would have two. You following me kid?

Jessa is a bitch. Jana should have marched over there and grabbed that stupid floppy bun off of her head and ripped it off. Michelle..shut the fuck up with your insane screaming. Take another Xanax.

What in the hell happened in CA? Jill is experiencing a major mental breakdown. According to the grocery store trip it sounds like they had no food to eat. No chips, hotdogs, etc. Bullshit. And you mean Jill had to mother 24/7!!! Oh the horror. 

21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I want to rescue her myself at this point.

Every time the attention is on Jana, she deftly deflects it with an eye-roll, or a dismissive word, or something.  She is sadness personified to me.  She's beautiful, smart, and creative.  And yet, she channels all of her time into taking care of everyone else.  Someone needs to come along and take her away from her family, where she is the self-made servant girl.  It frustrates me to no end, because she knows no other way.  As long as she keeps herself very busy remodeling mansions, gardening, taking care of the littles, etc., she has no down time to really think about how empty her life is.  It's borderline abusive that Jana is stuck playing both mother and father to a crop of kids that aren't hers.  Her sadness is palpable, as is JD's.  How sucky it is to be one of the first-borns of JB and Michelle, and how it enrages me that JB and Michelle seem perfectly content to have their oldest daughter stuck in this role.

I gasped at one point because I thought it was Josh in the red t-shirt and hat, but it was JD.

How horrible for Josh and Anna's kids to be present, yet not really part of things because of their pig of a father.

This was an interesting battle of wills between Jana and Jessa.  Jana's the one who worked on making the house nice for Jill and Derrick.  Jessa floats in and starts criticizing Jana's decorations?  I don't think so, princess.  Take several seats and leave Jana alone.  Jessa's superiority makes me stabby.

Why did the picture of Binessa and Spurge have Bin's and Jessa's heads cut off?  I found that odd.  Maybe that's the current Pinterest trend, I don't know.

Well the headless picture is pretty appropriate for these two. A talking penis and a vagina. Sums it up

• Love 16
9 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

Something horrible happened in danger America..Jill is a mess and her hubby seems pretty careful with her. She either had a bad scare or lost a baby or had to terminate a pregnancy due to zika. She's a mess. Maybe still from the trauma of turdgate. 

It was vey telling when she said the first thing we gonna do when we get home "kiss the ground". Then quickly added "no".

• Love 5

Oh, have mercy. Several weeks ago somewhere around here, I posted a semi-sarcastic prediction that Boob was managing the courtships/engagements/marriages/pregnancies of his kidults, so that they would be timed for seasons of this shitshow. Dragged out, and heaven forbid there be more than one of each "event" (courtship/engagement, pregnancy, etc.) per season.

I was kinda serious, but honestly, I figured this season of Counting Boring On would include Jinger's wedding as the big finale. After all, we've now seen three kidults - including two daughters - do this before. And IIRC the Babe and Cringe engagement was a public thing before this season of the snoozefest started. They really truly needed TEN total episodes to show us - what? Jinger courts Jeremy, Jinger meets his parents, Jinger goes East and meets more of his family, Babe buys her a ring, Babe asks her the Big Question, she squeals in delight, somebody paints rooms in a Duggar house, the missioncationers (again) fly back to Arkansas, a Duggar daughter is (STOP THE PRESSES! IT'S ASTONISHING BIG NEWS!!!!) - pregnant again. Jill and Derick are a mess. Ben's learning to count to two (as in, caring for two kids is more work than one kid). Various Duggar kids do THs, five Duggars are rounded up to watch two toddlers for an exhausting afternoon. Xanaxia wanders around and occasionally squeaks or shrieks about something obvious or shoves Josie in front of the camera to awkwardly recite something no six year old would really say. KJB does his best imitation of a rooster lording over his chickens (like Foghorn Leghorn minus 50 IQ points) and generally displays his world class crassness, and various assorted Duggars participate in TLC-created "activities" for the cameras. 

Oh, wait. All that took a mere nine episodes, and next week they will reminisce about all this whirlwind of excitement. With a surprise guest. 

Bill Gothard? Doug Phillips? Kent Hovind

So, will they have a special episode for the Babe/Cringe wedding, or will there really be another season of this crap? And if so, would they start it off with the wedding or "build up" to it (imagine the fascinating shopping expeditions! and Sierra wedding planning!) with a few episodes first?

But the prior episode broke a million viewers. Boob's on to something here. He's horrible but appears to be large and in charge, and TLC's going to stick with the Duggars. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

So Ben here are some facts for you. 1+1=2. 2 is more than 1. So if you had 1 M&M then someone gave you one more then you would have two. You following me kid?

& Anna demonstrating her homeschool skills by holding up four.....four fingers.

• Love 3

To Jim Bob`s credit he did tell Jill that Jana did a good job decorating their house.  Michelle probably  would have said, "Jill, we decorated for you."

I thought the grocery store was the most natural scene in the show.  If I came home from months in another country, I would certainly stock up on my Tastykakes, birch beer and chicken corn soup.

• Love 8

Something definitely happened to Jill in CA.  She looked like she couldn't wait to get on the plane back to TTH.

Josie was definitely an Internet FU this week.  Her hair was combed & she looked cleaner.  They had her coloring the banner rather than walking across the counters.  She was still hard to understand & had to have subtitles for her TH's,  but I couldn't understand Mullett screeching during the reveal either. Callie Bates needs to give her some TH pointers. That little one is never at a loss for words, HER words. 

I can see Jana working in an antiques type store in the real world.  Too bad she can't move to Tennessee & open up a store with Erin (Bates) & Chad Payne.  He is a great woodworker in case anyone doesn't know.

• Love 2

My thoughts, for what they're worth....

1. I don't blame Jessa & Ben for bringing help to babysit. Running after kids when you're PG is tiring. Izzy doesn't really know them and probably won't listen to them, so extra hands to corral him would be helpful. (Why didn't they put a baby gate across the stairs? Surely there's an old one in the "warehouse ")

2. Didn't Jessa once say that she prefers the smaller house because there's less to clean?  (We've seen in the past that she can't keep even the smaller house clean)

3. I think we don't see the in-laws often because a lot of the events are restaged for TV. When the other side of the family comes to visit, I'm sure the cameras aren't around. I know I wouldn't want to be on their show, with the chance of criticized by viewers!

• Love 3

Read that the wedding date isn't set, they are hoping to be renewed and then wedding (in Texas) will be next season.

I really like Ben as Jinger's BFF, I despise him as a "husband and dad" - dresses like a 14 year old with religious baseball caps.  Where do you find so many?

I was appalled that JillnDerrik let Izzy (choo-choo) ride in the INFANT car seat.  Hopefully now they are safe in the states, they can buy an appropriate seat for the return trip.  I get the feeling also that either Jill lost a baby, or is trying hard for another one.

Can someone link to where info is about what happened to poor Derrick's face?

• Love 3

Choo Choo? Seriously? No, really. Choo Choo?!?!

Was 10 months their total time in CA or did they truly go 10 months without visiting home? I mean, either way, that's not that long.  I know missionaries who are regularly gone 5 years between visits home, but I'm asking because it seemed for awhile they were visiting home every month. 

These are certainly strong religious beliefs these folks adhere to.  I feel bad for Jill--Derick's need to convert the masses is more important than his own family.  Why can't he wait until his children are grown to go save people in dangerous places?  I would be just as terrified as Jill at what could happen.

Poor boy is as dense today as when we met him...even after taking "college courses."  I think he's better suited a job where he has constant supervision.  Independent thinking seems to be a weak point with that one.

I loved the grocery store too and I'm sure TLC was paying so all the junk food went into the cart.  They'll have lots of company to help them eat it.

I'd love for Jana to open a shop in town but I can't imagine Boob allowing that.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, deaja said:

Choo Choo? Seriously? No, really. Choo Choo?!?!

Was 10 months their total time in CA or did they truly go 10 months without visiting home? I mean, either way, that's not that long.  I know missionaries who are regularly gone 5 years between visits home, but I'm asking because it seemed for awhile they were visiting home every month. 

If I'm not mistaken, 10 months was their total amount of time in CA. This includes the three trips they made back to the States, along with the four trips (that we know of) where family came down to visit. The only people who hadn't seen Jill and Derick were the Littles.

• Love 2

In next week's preview, I saw Anna in a bright yellow maternity top.  To me, she most definitely appears pregnant.

So in each episode, JB delights us in a different neon colored Habitat shirt.

At the airport, JB and Michelle didn't match (gasp), but they both made sure to stand out on camera.  He wore bright, metallic purple, she in marigold yellow.

Why can't just one person or couple pick up people at the airport?  Why does the whole damn family need to travel in a half dozen vans?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

These are certainly strong religious beliefs these folks adhere to.  I feel bad for Jill--Derick's need to convert the masses is more important than his own family.  Why can't he wait until his children are grown to go save people in dangerous places?  I would be just as terrified as Jill at what could happen.

Poor boy is as dense today as when we met him...even after taking "college courses."  I think he's better suited a job where he has constant supervision.  Independent thinking seems to be a weak point with that one.

I loved the grocery store too and I'm sure TLC was paying so all the junk food went into the cart.  They'll have lots of company to help them eat it.

I'd love for Jana to open a shop in town but I can't imagine Boob allowing that.

I read on a gossip site that she recently defied her family and bought a building.  So my cynical thought was that they included this in the storyline so that they can attempt to spin it that she did it with their blessing.

1 hour ago, ehall1052 said:

1. I don't blame Jessa & Ben for bringing help to babysit. Running after kids when you're PG is tiring. Izzy doesn't really know them and probably won't listen to them, so extra hands to corral him would be helpful. 

Jessa strikes me as the type who doesn't really like kids unless they're her own. I noticed Jill was affectionate and sweet towards Spurgeon, but Jessa was having a hard time faking interest in Izzy. I also want to add that given how lax the Duggars are with safety, it makes me really nervous to see their small children anywhere near a pool. Especially considering they have no problem leaving toddlers in the hands of eight year-olds. That whole set-up is an accidental drowning waiting to happen.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Those questions from JB were the worst part of the episode (and that's saying a lot) - it is so incredibly pervy to be that invested in your kids "sex" life that you interrogate your wife on things like front hugs.  And even worse he won't front hug his own daughters because breasts or something I don't know.   Does he even realize that all the rules and talk and worry about we don't hold hands until engaged and we don't hug and kiss until married is achieving the opposite of what he wants; he's creating an army of oversexed repressed semi-adults who'll marry the first person to pay attention to them.  On the other hand then it's an early start to more J-Grandkids so maybe that's exactly what he wants.

One of many reasons why child abuse shouldn't be broadcast as entertainment. I'm sure he -- along with, unfortunately, his fatally deluded children and wife -- takes the idea of the show and the money it's brought them as additional proof that he's a fantastic guy and not an evil, sick, perverted child (and adult) abuser.

Because, hey, over a million people watch them every week either as inspiration-for-leghumpers or for "fun." Having the show has completely normalized this shit. And it's horrifying, not normal a bit.

• Love 7

Saw the marks on the rooftop during the recap.  Then, saw them again on the inshow recap.  Thanks whoever saw them first, it made me so angry.  Then Cringe saying she 'had no idea' - liar.  Don't believe you never kissed either and hope I am right.  Loved when Jeremy had to scratch his nose while holding her hand, I was sure it would be a hand kiss, which I like.   Had to wonder what Jim Boob paid for the 'guest house' (thank you TLC) and wondered if he even remembers stuffing his 14 or so kids into the 1100 square foot rental, or even the 900 sq foot car shop rentals they previously lived in.  That house would easily be over a mil in the Northeast.  Of course I realize prices in NWA are less, but before the ebil TeeVee he didn't have anything.

Jana as Interior Designer, sure after she gets her AAS, BFA or even just a BID certificate.  My Mom did that after her 3 kids were all in school and immediately got hired by a major furniture store.

I think the really terrible thing that happened in Danger America was that Jill had to stay home alone and take care of her kid and her (free) house, while Derrick was gone and hour or two a week.

The huge welcome home at the airport was so big Derrick didn't even get near his Mom for a good 15 minutes, what with side-hugging the fucking Duggarfamily and leg-humpers.  $$$ we still need you.

Who paid for their groceries?  I usually have a list with a set amount to spend per week.

I fell asleep during the shopping trip, missed all the fun of the melted ice cream social, the high-pitched Mechelle didn't even wake me up.  Hate, hate, hate, why do I watch?  So I don't hate on anyone else in my life.

Edited by sheshark
forgot Jana having a life
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ehall1052 said:

1. I don't blame Jessa & Ben for bringing help to babysit. Running after kids when you're PG is tiring. Izzy doesn't really know them and probably won't listen to them, so extra hands to corral him would be helpful. (Why didn't they put a baby gate across the stairs? Surely there's an old one in the "warehouse ")

2. Didn't Jessa once say that she prefers the smaller house because there's less to clean?  (We've seen in the past that she can't keep even the smaller house clean)

3. I think we don't see the in-laws often because a lot of the events are restaged for TV. When the other side of the family comes to visit, I'm sure the cameras aren't around. I know I wouldn't want to be on their show, with the chance of criticized by viewers!

Cynical me says: 

1. Ben isn't pregnant and both are from big families with multiple younger siblings. They are also parents and should be able to handle one extra child without bringing in the slave labour. Izzy doesn't really know the new little j-slaves either. They should know to block off all the escape routes, after-all their entire raison d'etre is to produce humans. 

2. Jessa is just spouting a contentment mandate from the cult. 

3. They are absent from social media as well. Either they requested a cone of silence, or Bin offered his throat to the JB wolf.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It's borderline abusive that Jana is stuck playing both mother and father to a crop of kids that aren't hers. 

Given exactly how it's come about, I'd say it's not borderline abusive. It's full-on, full-out, completely abusive. She's been an abused child her whole life and now she's an abused young adult. Just because the abuse is now wholly emotional, intellectual and psychological rather than physical too, in no way makes it less abusive, seems to me. She's been brainwashed, she 'scontinually psychologically intimidated into staying and doing what she does, and she's being cruelly used and deprived of money that she's earned. That's abuse. Period.

She didn't buy a building. A building got bought by Jizm Bob in her name. For some kind of tax purpose, probably.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

Dear Duggar Family. 

STOP THE DAMN CLAPPING FOR EVERY DAMN ANNOUCEMENT!!!?? Jesus, who does this?! Ben made it to the potty and didn't shit his pants.....clap,clap. Josie only walked on the counters five times today...clap, clap. Josh didn't look at porn today...clap, clap. 

• Love 15