Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

I think it's safe to say that Trump and his band of Cabinet members will be the most uninformed, unprepared and unqualified group to ever run this country. Should be an interesting, as well as scary as hell, four years. I hate to wish time away, but dear god, please make the time fly until we can get rid of this piece of shit and his cronies.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I think it's safe to say that Drumpf and his band of Cabinet members will be the most uninformed, unprepared and unqualified group to ever run this country. Should be an interesting, as well as scary as hell, four years. I hate to wish time away, but dear god, please make the time fly until we can get rid of this piece of shit and his cronies.

I hope time flies, that the Dems and any moderates fight back. As for interesting, that's in the eye of the beholder. It's just scary as hell to me.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I think it's safe to say that Trump and his band of Cabinet members will be the most uninformed, unprepared and unqualified group to ever run this country.

With the exception of Mad Dog Mattis.  He was actually a good pick.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I think it's safe to say that Trump and his band of Cabinet members will be the most uninformed, unprepared and unqualified group to ever run this country. Should be an interesting, as well as scary as hell, four years. I hate to wish time away, but dear god, please make the time fly until we can get rid of this piece of shit and his cronies.

Well, at least corporate America will be firmly in charge of the swamp now, backed by more generals in the Cabinet (+NSA) than ever before.  No more ambiguity about who's in charge and whose interests they serve! (And, sorry, deplorables. economically speaking, it's not yours.)

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Wow.I cant believe Gore fell for that. If rump asked me to meet with him (and I am a nobody) I'd refuse. I wish more people had balls to refuse meetings with him. He is not god.

And I'm so sick of Ivanka I could puke.

Well, people like Gore are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Plus Al has got an ego on him, too. I'm sure he'd love to think that could influence Trump on climate change and perhaps felt like he had least had to try. 

Still, can't you just imagine Trump muttering "sucker" and high-fiving one of his brotards as Gore is waking out? 

At one point during the campaign someone at Slate noted that Trump had pretty much given up campaigning and was just devoting himself to delivering sick burns. I think that's pretty much where he still is. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I disagree on that. He seems like one heck of a pro war hawk.

He also might not be eligible anyway. He has to have been out of the military for at least 7 years and he hasn't been retired that long. Trump and Co. are trying to change this, of course, but it might not happen. I think he probably should have waited to announce him before he knew if he could bypass that rule, but that's so typical of Trump. I so wish it gets shot down just because it would make Tubby look like an even bigger idiot - especially given that horrible, overly dramatic way he announced his pick at one of his "victory" rallies and simultaneously bashed the press.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stuffy said:

Looks like Trump is picking Scott Pruitt to head the EPA.  He of course is anti-climate change and extremely pro-oil just like Mary Fallin.  Also his claim to fame is wasting my tax dollars by filing a lawsuit to the U.S. supreme court asking Colorado to repeal their weed law.  

Oh fuck that. He better not come after Washington, our governor is from an entire family of lawyers who have been pushing for legalization for decades. They won't lay down for that shit. We passed it in this state by like a sixty percent margin. There are some municipalities that have moratoriums on pot shops and they're entitled to do that. We're not making anybody smoke pot.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

He also might not be eligible anyway. He has to have been out of the military for at least 7 years and he hasn't been retired that long. Drumpf and Co. are trying to change this, of course, but it might not happen. I think he probably should have waited to announce him before he knew if he could bypass that rule, but that's so typical of Drumpf. I so wish it gets shot down just because it would make Tubby look like an even bigger idiot - especially given that horrible, overly dramatic way he announced his pick at one of his "victory" rallies and simultaneously bashed the press.

Well here's to hoping that it won't work.

Orange is such a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical, bigot.

It's one reason why a lot of people are concerned. Along with his lack of experience.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

36 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I disagree on that. He seems like one heck of a pro war hawk.

He's also a stalking horse.  And one that terrifies me.  Over and over again the Rancid Yam has pushed past rules and laws.  And this one is actually rather insidious because it is disguised as being pragmatic and harmless.  Not because Mathis himself is that horrible (though I think he could be, my point is that the agenda here is not to push Mathis though for himself but rather just pushing aside another rule), but because once again we see a man who in less than two months is holding the most legal office of the land in a way.  And he places himself above the law.  Beyond the rules.  And really for no good reason other then to just do it.  To show he doesn't have to abide by them.  When the office to me demands (even if rarely carried through 100%) as much transparency and at least perceived attempt to abide by the rules of the people.  But by pushing through Mathis he is not doing it because Mathis is the best choice.  Or even the best choice for the Rancid Yam.  But it takes the rule pushing aside yet a farther and greater degree.  And Republicans in Congress will be complicit.  So the next rule pushed, bent or broken will have Mathis as something to point to and say "well you had no problem with that did you?"

As for Gore?  I would feel sorry for him if I wasn't pissed.  Meeting with the Rancid Yam was nothing but another layer of smoke and mirrors and a way of wrong footing the opposition.  They get Gore to come to him.  They get Gore to make a soundbite for the media.  And then they craft their own narrative.  Not only "see, we're not as rabid and disgusting and stupid as we ourselves have shown time and time again on Climate Change" but also they get one of the most public figures on the opposite side and pretty much neutralize him to his own base.  He looks silly and a bit craven and it enhances the notion that even the person who should be one the loudest critics of the Rancid Yam in that area ends up sounding a bit wishy washy and even a touch desperate to get the attention and have an audience of the soon to be All Powerful Flaws.

Everything just seems to not realize with this type of ego and lack of discerning intelligence that he is always going to demand you meet him on his slippery slope.  The election to office has not changed that.  He is not striving to be Presidential.  He is dragging it all down to his level.  People like Gore don't or refuse to realize that this creature has, is and will be operating on his level.  Not the one he was elected to.  And sadly I think there are plenty who will floow Gore in making that mistake because at the heart of the matter, none of us truly can think at that level of base self-interest or crass ignorant self-absorption.  It is akin to how President Obama simply seemed to fail to realize that a bunch of elected officials would rather see the nation fail then him succeed for some time in his first term.  He, rightfully so, could not imagine that such a small group of people simply were that petty and ignorant.  Well this Thing makes them look like hobbyists in that regard.  If Rancid Yam does not get his way, he will break it.  Pure and simple.  And the problem is, his way is not the best way for the most of us.   Or really any of us that don't think this election wasn't giving the keys to the bank to a petrified caramel apple with some moldy cotton candy stuck to the top and his carnival show of kids and cronies.

• Love 15

Al Gore should have done himself a favor and stayed under the rock where he'd been the past 16 years.

He could have spent some of the time during those years to try to abolish the electoral college.  He campaigned in Florida with Hillary about the whole winner takes nothing and that made him ripe for doughy butt to call in him to disgrace him days later.

There are so many ex-military and rich friends of doughy butt in his cabinet, I'm thinking an inside war.  They're never going to get along with each other, with doughy butt and his kids that think they're in charge of this hot mess too.

And the Mattis thing?  That's just the first of the fuck the system, I can do what I want because the dems have no power and the republicans will do whatever I want.  That's why doughy butt gave McConnell's wife a job.  Now he's indebted to doughy butt.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, callmebetty said:

"a government of  the government ,  for the government and by the government shall not perish from the Earth!"

We  are all well and truly fucked.

Yep. And his pick reminds me all too well of what Eisenhower said, 'Beware of the military-industrial complex'.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Padma said:

Well, at least corporate America will be firmly in charge of the swamp now, backed by more generals in the Cabinet (+NSA) than ever before.  No more ambiguity about who's in charge and whose interests they serve! (And, sorry, deplorables. economically speaking, it's not yours.)

America is about to be looted, pillaged, and violated in an unprecedented way.  Hold onto your wallets, folks.  

Wall St. is already feverishly busy working up a big fat stock bubble that is going to grow and grow once this Cabinet starts removing regulations and changing rules...they will take us all down when the bubble crashes, leaving the masters at Goldman Sachs, President's Oil & Gas Cronies, and Corporate Welfare Holdings, LLC holding all the bags of gold. 

1 hour ago, Rapunzel said:

He also might not be eligible anyway. He has to have been out of the military for at least 7 years and he hasn't been retired that long. Trump and Co. are trying to change this, of course, but it might not happen. I think he probably should have waited to announce him before he knew if he could bypass that rule, but that's so typical of Trump. I so wish it gets shot down just because it would make Tubby look like an even bigger idiot - especially given that horrible, overly dramatic way he announced his pick at one of his "victory" rallies and simultaneously bashed the press.

Trump really, really, really, really wanted a guy in his Cabinet nicknamed "Mad Dog," precisely so he could reveal it dramatically to a crowd of supporters and get those wild cheers.

• Love 14
Just now, izabella said:

America is about to be looted, pillaged, and violated in an unprecedented way.  Hold onto your wallets, folks.  

Wall St. is already feverishly busy working up a big fat stock bubble that is going to grow and grow once this Cabinet starts removing regulations and changing rules...they will take us all down when the bubble crashes, leaving the masters at Goldman Sachs, President's Oil & Gas Cronies, and Corporate Welfare Holdings, LLC holding all the bags of gold. 

Drumpf really, really, really, really wanted a guy in his Cabinet nicknamed "Mad Dog," precisely so he could reveal it dramatically to a crowd of supporters and get those wild cheers.

Exactly. This is beyond frightening.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, izabella said:

Trump really, really, really, really wanted a guy in his Cabinet nicknamed "Mad Dog," precisely so he could reveal it dramatically to a crowd of supporters and get those wild cheers.

Of course he did. I wonder if knows what "Mad Dog's" other nickname was. Mad Dog is a bachelor, so they also called him the "Warrior Monk." Think Tubby would have picked him if "Warrior Monk" was the nickname he was better known for, or preferred to go by?

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

Barely 30 minutes ago, Donald Trump tweeted this;

carrier.png

"Steelworkers Union president slams Trump for 'lying his ass off' about Carrier deal".

Chuck Jones was on Skype with Erin Burnett in the last CNN hour during her show. He had made a statement previous to this appearance with Erin Burnett in which he called Donald Trump out on his claim to have saved 1,100 Carrier jobs. He told Erin Burnett that there were 730 jobs saved and the remaining 500 people there will be losing their jobs. Donald Trump took the office and administrative staff into account plus the 500 or so that were never meant to move to get the 1,100 number. Those research and development jobs were never at risk in the first place. Those administrative, office and other peripheral personal were never going to be laid or moved either. So the fact is, 700 jobs not 1,100 jobs will be retained and 500 jobs will be lost.

Donald Trump either got wind of the interview going on with Chuck Jones either by staff that told him or maybe he's watching CNN himself but he went right to twitter. I want to know what every union worker around the country will take this news since it seems that a union workers president is more important to the worker than the president of the US.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 7

I hope Mattis is not given the exemption. Not because I harbor ill will towards him( haven't decided yet). Mattis's appointment needs to be vetoed in order to teach Trump that he has to live within the rules. Every attempt to use grey area needs to be squashed for at least the first year just so that he follows the law whether he likes it or not. The GOP needs to run point on this because they are the ones who let him loose on us. 

• Love 3

The GOP are the ones who are slipping a Resolution into some other House bill even as we speak that makes an exception for Mattis.  It is worded in such a way that it only applies this one time.  The Republicans are right there front and center, happily enabling Trump.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6

Blind ignorant stupidity and inexperience, Hateful fanaticism, unbridled greed, and rash impulsiveness everywhere you look ... All I keep thinking is every great nation falls eventually ... And it's so hard not to feel powerless. I keep hoping someone, somewhere will come out of the shadows and be the "hero" we desperately need ... I feel like a little kid "Help, help, I need an adult! I need an adult!"

• Love 8

I almost spit out my iced tea at the television. Robert Reich was on CNN via satellite. Jeffrey Lord was there in the studio on the panel. If you aren't familiar with Professor Robert Reich, he's one of the most respected commentators ever to speak on television. Here's his credentials....

'Reich is currently Chancellor's Professor of Public Policy at the Goldman School of Public Policy at the University of California, Berkeley. He was formerly a professor at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government and professor of social and economic policy at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management of Brandeis University. He has also been a contributing editor of The New Republic, The American Prospect (also chairman and founding editor), Harvard Business Review, The Atlantic, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.'

This is the good part. Anderson Cooper asked him to give his opinion of Donald Trump criticizing the Steel Workers Union President on Twitter. I actually wrote down all he said. I was DYING. Donald Trump is going to shit a brick, and I loved it.

"With all due respect, Mr. Trump. You are President-elect of the United States. You are looking and acting as if you are mean, and petty, thin-skinned, and vindictive. Stop this! This is not a fireside chat. This is not what FDR did. This isn't lifting people up. This is actually penalizing people for speaking their mind. What you did with Boeing the other day. Minutes after the CEO of Boeing was quoted as saying that you, Mr. Trump, President elect Trump, were wrong on International trade, what did you do? You tweeted that Boeing should have an order cancelled. What you called a $4 billion dollar order. And that meant Boeing's own prices, its share prices plummeted. So in other words, what you, Mr. Trump, what you would like is for no one, not a CEO, nobody on television, no journalist, nobody, to criticize you. You take offense at that. Well, you are going to be President very shortly. You are going to have at your command not just twitter, but also the CIA, the IRS, the FBI.  If you have this kind of thin-skinned vindictiveness attitude towards anybody that criticizes you, we are in very deep trouble. And...sir, so are you."

Jeffrey Lord commented. "well I think this is being vastly overblown. This is just a modern form of communication".  To which Robert Reich replied "Well this is the 21st century and Twitter as a medium that communicates directly. This isn't Harry Truman. This is about specific personal criticism. This is bullying".  Jeffrey Lord; "oh come on".

Oh! the video is up on Youtube already!

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 23
44 minutes ago, izabella said:

43 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Exactly. This is beyond frightening.

Yes ^^^^^^^^

The day after the election my husband and I moved everything in our 401s out of stocks. I must admit, I have felt a little foolish in that dept. since then, but not really. We rode it out since things tanked in 2008 and clawed our way back, dodging a few bullets. But our nerves just couldn't take it anymore after the election and low and behold, record highs. *face palm* I still believe, deep down, that it is a "when" and not an "if" when the next crash happens.

Bu it really rankles to see the orange one getting credit for the highs, temporary as I believe they are.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, OrigamiNightmare said:

Blind ignorant stupidity and inexperience, Hateful fanaticism, unbridled greed, and rash impulsiveness everywhere you look ... All I keep thinking is every great nation falls eventually ... And it's so hard not to feel powerless. I keep hoping someone, somewhere will come out of the shadows and be the "hero" we desperately need ... I feel like a little kid "Help, help, I need an adult! I need an adult!"

And I've been signing every petition I can find, calling every government official I can think of, and Tweeting and Re-Tweeting any information I think might be helpful, but it feels like I'm shouting into a wind tunnel (or as my father would say, "like a fart in the wind").

• Love 5

I saw Robert Reich on AC360.

Nothing I would like better than to have someone fearless like that shame Trump to his face on national tv. Face to face, he needs to be shamed like a little kid.

Oh God he's tweeting again.

• Love 10

I watched that exchange, Lunata, and I wanted to applaud Mr. Reich's remarks. And further, he is absolutely correct, no matter how much Jeffrey Bored wants to dismiss such ideas as overreaction, that what Trump is doing -- using his public platform to attack anyone, any individual, who dares speak out against him in any way, however slight or subtle -- is only going to create an atmosphere of fear, where people and companies and the like will now be too afraid to say anything about anything for fear that the President of the United States is going to single them out and put a metaphorical target on their backs. We live in a nation of free speech, and everyone should be able to say what they want and express their ideas, even criticism of the government, without fear of retribution from our leaders. Despite what Jeffrey insists, a tweet is not just a tweet, it's not just a modern form of communication that the Piece-of-shit-Elect happens to favor. He is soon to be our chief executive, and his words carry weight. He knows this, which is why he tweets what he tweets and calls attention to the people and companies he calls attention to. To bully, to intimidate, to humiliate. The chief executive, commander in chief, the President, using his power and influence to shame private citizens and private companies, any time he feels any one of them steps out of line or speaks out of turn where he and his pride are concerned. Trump doesn't earn those fascist dictator comparisons for nothing.

• Love 13

I foresee a revolving door  for all these cabinet level and advisor positions. I doubt that some of these people will put up with being treated the way Trunp will tweet them. Every day with multiple tweets. Texts, phone calls every time he's unhappy, rants raves, insults.....

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Some new articles that Drumpf wants to try to distract others from.

Here and here

Source: nytimes.com

Rachel was just covering the "live forever" "no clinical trials" guy that DT wants to head the FDA, lol. I must google and find the name, I was multitasking.

• Love 1
Just now, SoSueMe said:

Rachel was just covering the "live forever" "no clinical trials" guy that DT wants to head the FDA, lol. I must google and find the name, I was multitasking.

I just heard about that guy. Seriously one guy that's a few cards short of a full deck lol. Still a very concerning pick though.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Here we go

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-12-07/trump-team-is-said-to-consider-thiel-associate-o-neill-for-fda 

and a quote from the link:

He would be an unconventional pick, since he doesn’t have a medical background.

and:

“We should reform FDA so there is approving drugs after their sponsors have demonstrated safety -- and let people start using them, at their own risk, but not much risk of safety,” O’Neill said in a speech at an August 2014 conference called Rejuvenation Biotechnology. “Let’s prove efficacy after they’ve been legalized.”

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Here we go

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-12-07/trump-team-is-said-to-consider-thiel-associate-o-neill-for-fda 

and:

“We should reform FDA so there is approving drugs after their sponsors have demonstrated safety -- and let people start using them, at their own risk, but not much risk of safety,” O’Neill said in a speech at an August 2014 conference called Rejuvenation Biotechnology. “Let’s prove efficacy after they’ve been legalized.”

So, in other words, let's prove efficacy after we've seen how many people have been killed, brain damaged or otherwise irreparably harmed by these untested medications.

Even drugs that have gone through the full testing regiment in place today end up being found to have issues later on and cause harm to people. Trump seriously wants to put a guy in place willing to put even more lives at risk by not following proper channels?

I hope one of the first drugs released without full testing is for erectile dysfunction and that Tubby is the first to take it and it makes his dick shrivel up and fall off altogether.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 15
Just now, Rapunzel said:

So, in other words, let's prove efficacy after we've seen how many people have been killed, brain damaged or otherwise irreparably harmed by these untested medications.

*smilie face*

1 minute ago, Rapunzel said:

Yep, otherwise known as a quack.

• Love 1

The most enlightening part of doughy butt tweeting constant criticism of anyone or anything he disagrees with or wants to publicly shame, is that President Obama let all of this asshole's belittling of him, publicly roll off his back. We never saw him loose his cool.

This schmuck is a ticking time bomb.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, stormy said:

The most enlightening part of doughy butt tweeting constant criticism of anyone or anything he disagrees with or wants to publicly shame, is that President Obama let all of this asshole's belittling of him, publicly roll off his back. We never saw him loose his cool.

This schmuck is a ticking time bomb.

Yep and that's not a good thing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SoSueMe said:

Here we go

and:

unfuckingbelievable

5 hours ago, Jediknight said:

Mad Dog Mattis, famous quotes;

1. “I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”

2. “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”

3. “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”  (one of my favorites)

4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

5. “Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”

6. “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

7. “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”

8. “You are part of the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.”

9. “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”

10. “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.”

11. “There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”

12. “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”

13. “You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”

14. “I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”

15. “Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.”

16. “Fight with a happy heart and strong spirit."

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Lunata said:

Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”

This is the one that sticks in my mind. Who thinks/talks like that?

• Love 6

I hate it that I have so little confidence in Trump's Cabinet choices that I actually am more hopeful that Mattis, as a four star general with bipartisan praise, would do more to respect the Constitution (especially re: president's overreach) than any--any--others in this group, including the Pres & VP.  

Mattis, maybe alone, can stand up to Trump and is a smart guy who knows the Constitution. To my surprise, I'm hoping for his confirmation.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Padma said:

I hate it that I have so little confidence in Trump's Cabinet choices that I actually am more hopeful that Mattis, as a four star general with bipartisan praise, would do more to respect the Constitution (especially re: president's overreach) than any--any--others in this group, including the Pres & VP.  

Mattis, maybe alone, can stand up to Trump and is a smart guy who knows the Constitution. To my surprise, I'm hoping for his confirmation.

I'm on the fence about 'Mad Dog Mattis'. On one hand I can see your point and I feel it's a valid one. I did look to see what his comment was about waterboarding when Trump asked him if he's in favor of it and he said; "I've never found it to be useful.' He said, 'I've always found, give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I do better with that than I do with torture.' But then he added this "It's not going to make the kind of a difference that maybe a lot of people think. If it's so important to the American people, I would go for it. I would be guided by that,"

• Love 2
4 hours ago, stormy said:

^^^  Did Al Gore just get stabbed in the back?  Sorry, but he made an ass of himself, IMO

That's what happens when you "take a meeting" with shitgibbons like fatfuckcheeto. Christ on a cracker. I could have told Al Gore THAT!

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Lunata said:

3. “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”  (one of my favorites)

Hey - maybe tubby and his swampers will fuck with Mattis!!

• Love 3

In Sunday's edition of my local newspaper there was an article by Jenna Johnson of The Washington Post listing 180 of the 238 promises made by Trump during the campaign. The very first one listed cracked me up.  Regarding jobs, he said he would create 28 million jobs and "be the greatest jobs president that God ever created."

I can't believe that his kids aren't at all embarassed by these kinds of statements. The self aggrandizing would be laughable if it wasn't so pitiful and sad.....sad that a man could be so self unaware and deluded about his importance.

I can't stress enough how much I'm going to miss President Obama and his lovely family!

• Love 13