Type keyword(s) to search

S29 Casting

• Start Topic

Stop Being Polite is posting information on the cast of the next season, so I figured that we could use a thread for that. For the record: this is NOT a thread for results spoilers.

Usual bag of idiots and unknowns, including a few from Bad Blood. The biggest shock is Nicole from Skeletons. I pegged her as too normal for BMP. I figure we'd need likeable lesbians like Ruthie and Sophia, but we end up with Rachel and Evelyn. With her EMS training, Nicole could go the distance. As a fellow Staten Islander, I'll be pulling for her.

In other news . . . fucking Johnny is fucking back a-fucking-gain. So are Derrick and Zach. Oh, and Poor Life Decisions Jenna is there as well, which should go over well for us.

Thrilled to see Derrick but sorry for him that his life is heading in this direction. But happy for me. :)

Blech. Zack. Fucking hate.

Shocked that Cara would come back after what happened on her last challenge. But I like her, she can stay.

Most of the others I don't know and the ones I do know that aren't mentioned above, eh.

Thanks for posting this Lantern. They've added some folks since I read the article the other day. I somehow missed Jenna. Was she there?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Stop Being Polite is posting information on the cast of the next season, so I figured that we could use a thread for that. For the record: this is NOT a thread for results spoilers.

Usual bag of idiots and unknowns, including a few from Bad Blood. The biggest shock is Nicole from Skeletons. I pegged her as too normal for BMP. I figure we'd need likeable lesbians like Ruthie and Sophia, but we end up with Rachel and Evelyn. With her EMS training, Nicole could go the distance. As a fellow Staten Islander, I'll be pulling for her.

In other news . . . fucking Johnny is fucking back a-fucking-gain. So are Derrick and Zach. Oh, and Poor Life Decisions Jenna is there as well, which should go over well for us.

ugghhh Tony is back ? AND Camilla? That will be interesting

Also the love triangle with Zach and his two exes. Maybe ashley and jenna will be BFFS

Remember Zachs season of RW when him and Ashley would stay in and read the bible. LOL

• Love 1

I knew he wouldn't retire for good, but he isn't even going to sit one out? It'll be fucking stacked again with Derrick, Dario, and Tony all joining his alliance.

Ashley will be an interesting addition. If I recall, she instigated the break up, saying Zach was fake and trying to pretend to be something he wasn't, and if he had been himself the whole time, she would never have dated him. Interesting.

• Love 3

Oh, Derrick.  You sweet prince.  Turn around and go back to wherever you were hibernating.  You're too good for this.  Besides, I don't think any of these kids would even know what Road Rules is?!  His season aired when I was still in high school and it was somewhat acceptable for me to be invested in these shows.

• Love 5

Emilee from Cancun and Marie from St. Thomas haven't been on in a while, that should be interesting. Emilee wasn't that good but Marie was a pretty good competitor, if I remember correctly. I hope Jenna stays strong and stays away from that douchecanoe Zach. But we know she doesn't make great decisions.

Poor Derrick is going to be like the house grandpa with all these young kids. And of course Johnny is back. Of fucking course. I really hope some of the vets are wise to him and don't trust anything he says. Cara might not get in bed with him, not sure about the others.

Edited by MaggieG
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Poor Derrick is going to be like the house grandpa with all these young kids.

He's actually younger than Johnny not that it makes much difference since Johnny acts like a teenager most of the time.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2016 at 6:21 PM, CheetaraThunder said:

Big speculation that Darrell is suppose to be in this season too.

the theme seems to be like champions vs non winners. 

Seriously? The Ruins (absent any offscreen drama) was the most lopsided setup in Challenge history and it was beyond boring to watch.

If that is the theme, I wonder if they'll count 2nd and third place as winners, because otherwise, there are only 3 girl winners (Camila, Cara Marie, and Ashley) and then Derrick and Johnny (from the posted list). Although that would be interesting if those were a team and had to fight against all the other non first place winners. If Darrell is on the show and teamed with Derrick and Johnny, TJ might as well just cut to the chase and give them the check the first day.

• Love 3

Rumors on vevmo are that Darrell, Ibis, and San Diego Sam round out the champions (plus an unknown male...maybe CT?) but the champs aren't even filming yet whereas the others are so its hard to say. Tina was also rumored to be apart of the cast but it seems unlikely now.

With the exception of the few AYTO ppl, this is actually the most excited I've been about a cast in awhile, with some old schoolers and I'm excited about more fresh players like the skeletons crew.

I wonder if this is a setup for a big season 30 cast with some old schoolers coming back, almost like an all stars season. 

Edited by Craphole Island
  • Love 1

Sam?!? After the shit she went through in BOTS, I would've thought she changed her name and number to get away from BMP. Even if Frank is good on his word to never come back, there's still Zach who needs a beating on general principle.

• Love 5

I am excited that Hunter from AYTO will be on it.  He was the one who figured out the pairings so you know he is smart, also I follow him on IG and he is in good shape.  As long as he isn't a douchebag to anyone he should last a while

6 hours ago, kat165 said:

I have no idea where I got this idea, but I'm thinking this upcoming season is suppose to be the Island 2. Although I hope not cause I didn't like the Island 1.

That was on the stop being polite link that's posted above. It was a joke. Here's the updated edit

Without further ado, this is most likely the cast of Challenge 29. If you don’t want this spoiled, turn back now.

Theme: Unknown (It’s not The Island 2. That was a joke).

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Craphole Island said:

Rumors on vevmo are that Darrell, Ibis, and San Diego Sam round out the champions (plus an unknown male...maybe CT?) but the champs aren't even filming yet whereas the others are so its hard to say. Tina was also rumored to be apart of the cast but it seems unlikely now.

With the exception of the few AYTO ppl, this is actually the most excited I've been about a cast in awhile, with some old schoolers and I'm excited about more fresh players like the skeletons crew.

I wonder if this is a setup for a big season 30 cast with some old schoolers coming back, almost like an all stars season. 

I would love an Old School All Stars challenge! I think the vast majority of the older regs have kids now and are no longer in a position to take 6 weeks off. But they could always do a mini challenge that only films for like a week.

I bet the "unknown male" is Mark Long. If this is a Champs vs Challengers season then the guy has to be a first prize winner. I guess it could be someone boring like Key West Tyler.

• Love 2

I had the idea of an Old School/New School/Graduates season, pitting regulars and rookies against folks who took a few years off from BMP.

Here's the cast listed at the moment from SBP:

MEN:  Anthony (AYTO2), Bruno, Cory, Dario, Derrick, Dylan, Hunter (AYTO3), Fucking Johnny, Shane, Theo (Bad Blood), Tony, Zach

WOMEN: Anika (Bad Blood), Ashley (San Diego II), Ashley (aka "Smashley"), Camila (I thought she was retiring), Cara Maria (ditto), Emilee, Jenna (Poor Life Choices, not Racist), Kaliah, LaToya, Marie, Nicole (still stuns me), Sylvia

ETA: Nelson (AYTO3) has been added to the list.

• Love 2

Isn't blonde Ashley/Zach's ex dating Bruno from Skeletons?

ETA: The only person I'm looking forward to seeing is Shane. And I have no idea who any of the Go Big or Go Home people are, never watched their season. Can't remember some of the new AYTO additions either. 

These season's theme is Barnacles on a Boat vs. Future Barnacles on a Boat right? Just can't scrape the damn things off of the Challenge boat. Why don't TPTB get that we're sick of seeing the same turds again and again and again? And again? So not enjoyable or entertaining. 

Edited by MattDuffysCat

Is there an air date? Did it JUST start filming?

It's kinda odd they've already got people from the new Real World cast on it, right? That just premiered this week.

Minus Bananas, this actually looks like an ok cast. I think he really should have retired at this point. They've got people like Tony now who I think could step in as the default male lead if they wanna go that route.

Cara Maria must be a bigger fame(ish)whore than I originally thought.  I seriously cannot believe she's down for another season after BMP exploited her harder than Tonya, and ESPECIALLY after the "twist" of last season.  Sarah handled that well compared to the epic victim meltdown Cara would have if something like that happened to her.  This should be interesting. 

Fuck you, John. 

• Love 5

Tell me about it. Last time I remember Shane, friggin' Steven was smacking him in BOTS2. That's, like, another universe ago. At least Pootie was on The Ruins and Fresh Meat II. I wonder if his fists still ache from the beating he gave Brad.

• Love 1

I totally forgot Shane did FM1. And Linette never popped up again, did she?

No additions on SBP. I'm not pressing that hard because I might get results spoilers.

I second questioning why Cara Maria is back. "Let's see . . . I beat Johnny to get to my first win, Johnny is on every season . . . maybe I'll luck out??"

• Love 1
On 10/21/2016 at 4:34 PM, Lantern7 said:

Anybody else checking SBP periodically? No new names, and Derrick's picture is off. Is he no longer being cast?

Weak! One of the commenters did say that he is no longer on this show. No explanation for why, and no explanation as to how this poster would know.

Another person commented that Bananas has been posting on Instagram nonstop so they actually don't think he's doing it. Jenna and Cara Marie have not posted anything for a few weeks, as has Zach, so they assumed those three are filming now.

Guess I will sit this one out, most likely.  I would be interested to see Darrell but not tuning in just for him.

The speculation in the comments is leaning towards Free Agents II.

On the bright side? No Wince. Or Dione. Or Mike, whose grotesque tattoo should lead to jail time.

ETA: Good news: We got a new name on the site. Bad news: It's Amanda from AYTO3, and I don't remember if she's new or was on the last season. I find most of those kids disposable, to be honest.

Found this from SBP:

Theme: Free Agents…. with a twist.We know that the champions (Bananas, Cara Maria, Zach, Ashley, etc…) about a week later than the rest of the cast.

If I try to fill in the blanks, I'm guessing that previous winners wait a few rounds for the rest of the herd to thin itself before making their appearance. And I'm good with Free Agents . . . as look as the teams are kept to a minimum. Also, I think players should line up to flip cards, as opposed to having them go one at a time and risk somebody pulling a Jordan.

Just checked SBP. CT and Laurel are up. Anytime CT comes back, I worry that he'll relapse into his old ways. As it stands, he shares the record of getting kicked off BMP shows with Abram, and I still maintain Abram murders drifters in his spare time. As for the Killbot? Whatever. She'll probably be a favorite going into the season.

• Love 4

They need to find someway to bring back old timers to this like Montana or New Orleans Julie. Hell, wouldn't even mind Puck coming back or find some way to get David Guiltoni (Road Rules: South Pacific) or Jamie Chung (Real World: San Diego) to appear.

• Love 2

Thanks, Watermellow. :)

Not that Brad is any prize, but I've always been rather fond of him, son. Loved him & Randy at Halloween as Super Mario Bros. One of my favorite RW moments. And I've enjoyed him in the challenges. Without her.

• Love 2
On October 12, 2016 at 4:42 PM, kat165 said:

I have no idea where I got this idea, but I'm thinking this upcoming season is suppose to be the Island 2. Although I hope not cause I didn't like the Island 1.

The best part of the island was Paula getting left behind and pouting in her boat. Really Paula, you did nothing and got nothing.

On December 11, 2016 at 9:48 AM, RandomWatcher said:

They need to find someway to bring back old timers to this like Montana or New Orleans Julie. Hell, wouldn't even mind Puck coming back or find some way to get David Guiltoni (Road Rules: South Pacific) or Jamie Chung (Real World: San Diego) to appear.

Julie was a good competitor. Too bad she had Coral and Melissa's big mouths to hold her back.

• Love 4

I think his wife doesn't like him going. I know she was very jealous and hated other female cast members because she thinks they either hooked up or were trying to hook up with Derrick in the past.  Then he had his kid and had to get a real job and wanted to be home for that and not risk taking time off.  

He also took a long break from Twitter but is back on and will retweet stuff about wanting him back on the show.  I think he might have got an availability call for this past season but things didnt work out for whatever reason. he may be open to coming back if things line up.