Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Why doesn't Holly block the guy if he's leaving comments like that? No point going private if you're going to let creeps continue to follow you. ?

That's what I'm saying. I'm tempted to dm her and tell her to block him.

7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if every creepy tweet/Instagram post/comment made on social media could be forwarded to the mom/wife/boss/principal/dean/girlfriend of the guy? 

yesss! I doubt half of these guys have wives though lol

Omg I am loving all these photos. Great call on switching location to Bahamas and using more skyblue photos. I was getting really bored of the overfiltered Mexico photos.

I'm sad to hear Amy T and Melissa retiring. Unless they are desperate for blondes, the triangle should be Jenna, Lacey, and Erica, maybe Holly right behind point, and 2 blondes behind the outside triangle. I think Jinelle will move up but not in the triangle since she's never been a super strong dancer. I have no idea who will be point. If only Melissa would stay for 1 more year, she would be the perfect point for this class!! Looking at the bunch, I'm hoping Erica will be point!! Sadly, chances are it'll be Jenna and no rotation since only a teamplayer like Jennifer would support rotating point.

Vet of the Year - my vote is for Jennifer. Love that girl, she just live and breathes leadership. I will be upset if she doesn't win! I do wish there were 2 VotYs because Jessica deserves to win too. I also love Melissa and Danielle!!! 

Rookie of the Year - hard call. In the beginning of the year, I would have said Mandy. But her recent weight gain (dcc standard! Imho she still looks fab).... makes me think Maggie Cersten or Heather O have a better shot.

• Love 2

The forums here have been calling out quite a few girls (good and bad) so here are my 2 cents..

Jinelle looks amazing, does not look old at all.

Simone!! She is gorgeous and looks young without looking like a kid (Jenna/Allie) or tryhard (KelliQ/Tasha).

KelliQ is charming and a great dancer, but agree, she needs to lose the eyeliner and burnt tan! She looks like she's old! 

Maggie - is so cute and at this rate, I'm rooting for her as point girl down the road in her 4th or 5th year

HeatherO - Under the radar, but I love her!

Madeleine and Holly: I like their dancing and I'm sure they are nice girls but somehow the way they come across is a bit too much for me.

Jenna - Lots of Jenna. I'm over her! If only Jennifer and Kelly weren't so darn nice and Jenna just chilled this past year, she could have come back this year for "her" year. People may still whine that they are tired of the Jenna show, but I bet most of us would defend her and she would have earned a lot of support as a 6th year/most senior veteran.

Instead, she chose to fight and the way she handled her retirement right after pro-bowl came across as immature, and even showed more immaturity by changing her mind. Jenna is so lucky that so many upper veterans are gone so Kelly feels like she needs Jenna. I think it's fine that she is coming back but I hope she is not coming back as a point girl (even though it looks like it ARGH!).

• Love 1

I think Season Five 2010-2011 was when they first started performing Thunderstuck, but I could be wrong. I do not think Kelly feels she needs Jenna to come back for her sixth year. The team would survive without Jenna just like they have done in the past when girls with three or more years decide to retire.

51 minutes ago, SnoopyJam said:

The forums here have been calling out quite a few girls (good and bad) so here are my 2 cents..

Jinelle looks amazing, does not look old at all.

Simone!! She is gorgeous and looks young without looking like a kid (Jenna/Allie) or tryhard (KelliQ/Tasha).

KelliQ is charming and a great dancer, but agree, she needs to lose the eyeliner and burnt tan! She looks like she's old! 

Maggie - is so cute and at this rate, I'm rooting for her as point girl down the road in her 4th or 5th year

HeatherO - Under the radar, but I love her!

Madeleine and Holly: I like their dancing and I'm sure they are nice girls but somehow the way they come across is a bit too much for me.

Jenna - Lots of Jenna. I'm over her! If only Jennifer and Kelly weren't so darn nice and Jenna just chilled this past year, she could have come back this year for "her" year. People may still whine that they are tired of the Jenna show, but I bet most of us would defend her and she would have earned a lot of support as a 6th year/most senior veteran.

Instead, she chose to fight and the way she handled her retirement right after pro-bowl came across as immature, and even showed more immaturity by changing her mind. Jenna is so lucky that so many upper veterans are gone so Kelly feels like she needs Jenna. I think it's fine that she is coming back but I hope she is not coming back as a point girl (even though it looks like it ARGH!).

How did Jenna choose to fight?

Also that pic above with the rock, Allie and Milan both look amazing! Pose them this way! They look so cute I didn't even notice Jenna's. Man Arm.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

What year did they start performing Thunderstruck? 

no idea but my kiddos are analyzing song lyrics for elements of poetry then presenting then one of them did Thunderstruck and as the song played I saw the routine in my head and had to fight the urge to do some of the moves LOL would have only been a little weird, maybe more than a little considering that's the class with Amy T's cousin

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Simone is engaged! It's in her Instagram story and her fiancé posted this. Congrats!

His instagram feed has ME swooning because it's 90% love and adoration posts for her. How sweet, you did good Simone! (Or he did good, rather)

• Love 3

Jenna may be over-saturating the DCC, but she isn't going anywhere. Everyone will just have to deal with it. I mean, I guess it gives people on here more to talk about, but I really don't care. We all know she's talented, and I understand people are "tired of her" or whatever, but OH WELL.  lol

• Love 1

I just realized in the rock pic above, they put all the babyface cheerleaders together. Only missing Heather H. 

Jenna doesn't bother me. I think she's always been the way she is -- young acting. She's clearly well-liked on the squad. And she really is an incredible dancer. Might be best on the squad after Holly. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, cgloss said:

I just realized in the rock pic above, they put all the babyface cheerleaders together. Only missing Heather H. 

Jenna doesn't bother me. I think she's always been the way she is -- young acting. She's clearly well-liked on the squad. And she really is an incredible dancer. Might be best on the squad after Holly. 

haha good point! 

Jenna really is a fun dancer - and her arm looks AWESOME in that photo. werk!! 

10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

His instagram feed has ME swooning because it's 90% love and adoration posts for her. How sweet, you did good Simone! (Or he did good, rather)

aww!! yay for simone!! they are such a cute couple and very in love.  i wonder if that will make the upcoming year her last? 

• Love 4

Simone's now fiance instagram had me dying this morning. He loves her so much and it's so cute to see. I'm so happy for her. I want to say maybe she'll make this year her last so that they can get married during the season.

14 hours ago, SnoopyJam said:

Omg I am loving all these photos. Great call on switching location to Bahamas and using more skyblue photos. I was getting really bored of the overfiltered Mexico photos.

I'm sad to hear Amy T and Melissa retiring. Unless they are desperate for blondes, the triangle should be Jenna, Lacey, and Erica, maybe Holly right behind point, and 2 blondes behind the outside triangle. I think Jinelle will move up but not in the triangle since she's never been a super strong dancer. I have no idea who will be point. If only Melissa would stay for 1 more year, she would be the perfect point for this class!! Looking at the bunch, I'm hoping Erica will be point!! Sadly, chances are it'll be Jenna and no rotation since only a teamplayer like Jennifer would support rotating point.

Vet of the Year - my vote is for Jennifer. Love that girl, she just live and breathes leadership. I will be upset if she doesn't win! I do wish there were 2 VotYs because Jessica deserves to win too. I also love Melissa and Danielle!!! 

Rookie of the Year - hard call. In the beginning of the year, I would have said Mandy. But her recent weight gain (dcc standard! Imho she still looks fab).... makes me think Maggie Cersten or Heather O have a better shot.

what?  you mean you don't consider Jinelle's noodle salsa, arm waving move the standard of all dances?  (hehe)

Is Amy T the blonde that's a bit hippy?  She is gorgeous and would have been great.  Curious why she's retiring ... wish the veterans all revealed why they're retiring.  I'm nosy :)

Boo to Jenna being point.  As mean as it sounds, I would almost love it if came back w/ expectations of being the star and was humbled by not being point, VOY or Pro Bowl

• Love 3

Marriage necessarily means she'll retire after this year. Plenty of girls made marriage work while being a DCC for a year or two (JenK, Holly, Tasha, Crystal). Depends on if she feels like she's finished after this season. Personally I think she may be at risk this season with weight fluctuation and not being a WOW performer, but again I hope everyone makes it back. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Simone is engaged! It's in her Instagram story and her fiancé posted this. Congrats!

He's cute and I'm happy for her but honestly I am not a fan due to personal opinions on hunting.  No effin' way I would ever say yes (to even a second date).  But to each their own ... congrats

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Marriage necessarily means she'll retire after this year. Plenty of girls made marriage work while being a DCC for a year or two (JenK, Holly, Tasha, Crystal). Depends on if she feels like she's finished after this season. Personally I think she may be at risk this season with weight fluctuation and not being a WOW performer, but again I hope everyone makes it back. 

IIRC, Cassie got engaged and married while cheering. Also, Sunni was engaged and planning (not sure when her wedding was). Jennifer K just celebrated her 5th wedding anniversary, so she was married before DCC. 

Edited by AnnMichele
20 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

He's cute and I'm happy for her but honestly I am not a fan due to personal opinions on hunting.  No effin' way I would ever say yes (to even a second date).  But to each their own ... congrats

Yeah...the hunting thing put me off especially when she posted a picture of hunting after her engagement on her instagram story.

(edited)
11 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Jenna may be over-saturating the DCC, but she isn't going anywhere. Everyone will just have to deal with it. I mean, I guess it gives people on here more to talk about, but I really don't care. We all know she's talented, and I understand people are "tired of her" or whatever, but OH WELL.  lol

True...there's no way she's not making it back.  We'll survive :)

53 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

My 1st thought when I saw him was "he's cute," then I saw the dead deer and thought "she could have him."  There was a guy I refused to have a 1st date with because he said one of his hobbies is hunting.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

I admit I do not care for hunting or fishing either. My husband does both, and he eats wild game meat and fish, but I cannot stand the smell or sight of either one. Sadly, my first ever serious accident I hit a deer. I felt like the worse driver on the planet when it happened. I do respect a person's right to hunt and fish, but I do not care for people who abuse the right to do so.

Back to main topic...Congrats to Simone. If she is happy and is in a good relationship, I say good for her and many happy years together.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

True...there's no way she's not making it back.  We'll survive :)

My 1st thought when I saw him was "he's cute," then I saw the dead deer and thought "she could have him."  There was a guy I refused to have a 1st date with because he said one of his hobbies is hunting.

I wanted to comment on that but I wasn't sure if anyone else would agree. I checked his insta because I saw the comments about how cute he is and how much he loves her... Yay ok maybe I could 'forgive' people who hunt as a hobby (more like: I can't tell you what to do but I sure ain't gonna like it) but I can't stand people who proudly take photos with a dead animal, all smiley and then put them on social media. I find it absolutely disgusting, but I'm not the one marrying him so....

Btw: When are ROTY and VOTY announced and how are they chosen?

• Love 5

I wonder when the End of the Year banquet is...auditions are coming up soon so maybe sometime this month.

(edited)

Over the years DCC diversity has seemed to skew towards the selection of "Ethnic Barbies", by which I mean young women of different nationalities and ethnicities whose figures and features are generally cut from the same mould as their Caucasian counterparts.  For example, Ashton Torres and Lacey Munoz are both Latinas with, apart from their slightly darker coloring, a very European or Caucasian look.  This does not mean that these women are not authentic cultural representatives, they are clearly and proudly Latinas, and in fact many Latinos do have that European or typically American look.  I simply mean to say that the DCC favors that particular "Ethnic Barbie" look in its women from different cultures and ethnicities.  This year I was glad to see the DCC take women like Khalyn, Selina, and Yuko, who represent different variations on those looks.  Frankly I like that Jacie gets to wear her hair any way she wants to now that she is no longer a DCC, she looks amazing.

Latina Barbie:

dgw33_c_16_011.jpg

African American Barbie:

vendorimagesB00JDNO7V8._CB347978847_.jpg

Hawaiian Barbie:

9737306586_a6e84022f7_b.jpg

hawaai2.jpg

Asian Barbie:

71fGZXGbrtL._SY679_.jpg

226029107_43f25f6a08.jpg

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Stunning without that horrid Barbie lipstick. I'd love to see her as a deeper blonde/light brunette.  

I wish Moni was still here. On another thread I learned she deactivated her account. You know she would have something HILARIOUS to say about these Bimini pics.

So, in her honor, I do agree that Tasha looks SO much better without her signature Potatoe Head Pink lipstick. 

• Love 2

I would LOVE to see an African-American with the darker skin make it.  I'm glad they have girls like Jenna, Jacie, Khalyn and such with skin that doesn't look like a tan, but someone like Khoudia Diop or Mimi Mbah make the team.  Khoudia is from Senagal and Mimi is from Camaroon, but both are 

Khoudia.jpg

Mimi.jpg

• Love 8
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I would LOVE to see an African-American with the darker skin make it.  I'm glad they have girls like Jenna, Jacie, Khalyn and such with skin that doesn't look like a tan, but someone like Khoudia Diop or Mimi Mbah make the team.  Khoudia is from Senagal and Mimi is from Camaroon, but both are 

Khoudia.jpg

Mimi.jpg

I second this. Also, that uniform on this skin tone would be goregous!

• Love 5

Have they ever had girls with this skin tone try out? I don't feel like they have. I'm pretty sure a lot of african american girls don't try out because it's in Texas lol 

On 4/2/2017 at 5:50 PM, Originalroux said:

I'm really impressed with the group photos this year - everything seems "fresher" than it's been in years. Maybe it's the change in location.  Not all the poses are great - lots of overly arched backs and weird angles that make some of the girls look a little fuller in the torso, but the group shots just seem fun. Hopefully some of those are included in the calendar. 

And at my table for one, I'm still enjoying Jenna. 

Set an extra setting at the table. I admire these girls who deal with and excel with the high standards set by DCC for 4+ years.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, California Girl said:

Over the years DCC diversity has seemed to skew towards the selection of "Ethnic Barbies", by which I mean young women of different nationalities and ethnicities whose figures and features are generally cut from the same mould as their Caucasian counterparts.  For example, Ashton Torres and Lacey Munoz are both Latinas with, apart from their slightly darker coloring, a very European or Caucasian look.  This does not mean that these women are not authentic cultural representatives, they are clearly and proudly Latinas, and in fact many Latinos do have that European or typically American look.  I simply mean to say that the DCC favors that particular "Ethnic Barbie" look in its women from different cultures and ethnicities.  This year I was glad to see the DCC take women like Khalyn, Selina, and Yuko, who represent different variations on those looks.  Frankly I like that Jacie gets to wear her hair any way she wants to now that she is no longer a DCC, she looks amazing.

Latina Barbie:

dgw33_c_16_011.jpg

African American Barbie:

vendorimagesB00JDNO7V8._CB347978847_.jpg

Hawaiian Barbie:

9737306586_a6e84022f7_b.jpg

hawaai2.jpg

Asian Barbie:

71fGZXGbrtL._SY679_.jpg

226029107_43f25f6a08.jpg

Such a good and important point!!  I applaud that you managed to make this point without sounding offensive (because not sure I could).  You are so right and I hope they take more "diverse" looking minorities of all races going forward.  Having European features shouldn't be the standard of beauty.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Have they ever had girls with this skin tone try out? I don't feel like they have. I'm pretty sure a lot of african american girls don't try out because it's in Texas lol 

what do you mean?  why because it's in texas?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Such a good and important point!!  I applaud that you managed to make this point without sounding offensive (because not sure I could).  You are so right and I hope they take more "diverse" looking minorities of all races going forward.  Having European features shouldn't be the standard of beauty.

what do you mean?  why because it's in texas?

texas is a notoriously racist state =/

8 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

texas is a notoriously racist state =/

I've lived here my whole life. ( a tad north of Dfw-McKinney or east) and I've never noticed racism being prevalent around this area. We have multiple races( AA, Asian, Latino, Syrian, Indian, phillipino, etc.) and people seem accepting of all races, genders, religions, etc.  my students were very accepting of a child this year who came out as trans. Even in conservative Texas, we are tolerant for the most part. You can't judge an entire state on a few stupid people.

i enjoy seeing women of all races, nationalities, hair colors, and body types trying out for DCC. As a redhead with an olive/ golden skin tone, and green eyes (weird combo) Indian, Scottish, and German descent, I would love to see someone who looks like me show up. Loren was close, but her hair was fake. 

Anyway, I think Nicole B is one of the most beautiful DCC's ever.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I know Erica is the visual of the squad, but if Kelsey manages to stick around I wouldn't doubt she'd be calendar cover/Magazine cover. 

I didn't really like this picture actually, the shadow on her face and teeth look weird for some reason. But I love the shot of her on the yacht, so I agree she'd be a prime candidate for cover

• Love 2
(edited)

We each have our own individual opinion of where the line is between edgy and trashy. To me, that much exposed breast is a big step over that line. That does not say America's "Sweethearts" to me. That says Frederick's of Hollywood.  Even if I had an amazing body, I wouldn't be caught dead in that, and I would be embarrassed for my friends and family to see me in it.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 11

I agree! Yes, Kelsey is a lovely girl, but the swimsuit says look at me, but it says look at me in a bad way. Do not think of me as an All American Girl, but someone who lets her looks speak for herself instead of being respected for having a mind and a brain along with a good looking body. I know they are in the business of selling calendars, but there is a more classy way of doing it.

She's gorgeous but yeah that top is not good, not classy at all, not sure I'd call it trashy but it feels close to that. I just can't help thinking that thing better be pasted on so it all stays put or there could easily be a Janet Jacksonesque wardrobe malfunction. I can't believe they chose this suit for one of America's Sweethearts. Yikes!

• Love 4

I love how Stephanie always seems so kind and inclusive of TCCs, rookies/new teammates. I have noticed many times how welcoming and friendly she seems to be of many different girls. She wrote the sweetest message to Yuko for her birthday on IG. I hope she gets a shot at second gl. She seems to have many traits that a leader should possess.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree! Yes, Kelsey is a lovely girl, but the swimsuit says look at me, but it says look at me in a bad way. Do not think of me as an All American Girl, but someone who lets her looks speak for herself instead of being respected for having a mind and a brain along with a good looking body. I know they are in the business of selling calendars, but there is a more classy way of doing it.

Kelsey is a beautiful woman wearing lingerie.  I suppose they are going for a Victoria's Secret look, but I agree that it verges on bad taste and overexposure.  Guess we are not the target audience for the calendar ;)

• Love 2

Girls with the truly dark skin like Khoudia and Mimi would likely not be encouraged in the American dance world outside of Hip Hop and they often don't have the "look" for that either.  Far too many of the top models like Oluchi, Iman and (dare I say it) Tyra Banks lean towards the lighter end of the "black" range.  Dancers like Aisha Ash, Misty Copeland, and Michaela DePrince have all struggled in the ballet world where conforming in both technique and looks are highly prized.  In addition, ballet is considered a "rich, white girl" thing.  We're seeing more "ethnic" girls in gymnastics, but, again, not as many as there could be.

Honestly, a lot of girls who aren't white or light-skinned don't seem to be encouraged to take up dance of any sort other than Hip Hop or, in some cases, Latin-style.   Maybe someone can enlighten  me on other reasons because I can only extrapolate from what I've heard.  What I'm saying is that girls who aren't white or European looking aren't encouraged to dance and those who would be good or amazing at the DCC style look at the team and say "I wouldn't fit in there because of my looks" or "I would only get called into camp because of my looks and not because I'm talented".  

• Love 1