Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On 1/28/2018 at 8:21 AM, 27bored said:

The e-sig daughter’s case seemed legitimate, but JJ’s write checks at the supermarket ass can’t be bothered to figure things out. That said, she seemed a little hysterical, which is probably why she couldn’t get her case to work. I literally said, wow, she’s a big baby”. Just get all their paperwork and re-file your suit. 

I don't really think this is fair. The young lady was totally unprepared, that may not be her fault if the management company refused to help her, but you can't win a case just because JJ feels bad for you. Also, JJ was right, even electronic signatures leave a paper trail, I use them all the time, with the system we use the other persons e-mail gets put into the system, then the paperwork is e-mailed to them and they e-sign it gets marked in our system as signed BUT we also print out EVERYTHING that was signed so that there are hard copies filed in our office. The young lady came in with no proof of anything other than "he did it, and I know he did it"- and we all know that just wont cut it with JJ.

• Love 3

Hey, I think that title page was worth $5,000!  lol  I really did laugh out loud at it.  I thought JJ's attitude was disgusting though.  Why did the defendant not just return the money?  If the client is not cooperating as she stated, then keep $500 for your trouble (and that title page!) and return the rest. 

• Love 5

I was amused by Lana Boulware, the mother with the Kate Gosselin hairdo and neck tattoo.   Did you see her friend/witness?  She has an equally unflattering do and tattoo; they look like they were big fans of Salt & Pepa back in the day and never updated their look.  I bet they both think they are just the hippest moms in the neighborhood.  The defendant's girlfriend looked like she had time traveled from the court of a 1600's castle.  I didn't even care about the facts of the case, I was so fascinated with the looks of all of the participants. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I was amused by Lana Boulware, the mother with the Kate Gosselin hairdo and neck tattoo.   Did you see her friend/witness?  She has an equally unflattering do and tattoo; they look like they were big fans of Salt & Pepa back in the day and never updated their look. I bet they both think they are just the hippest moms in the neighborhood. 

The "imaginative" hairdos, clothes, silly neck tats and assorted accessories were I think a pathetic attempt to recapture a youthful trendiness that has long fled the coop. Needless to say, it failed.

I guess "she's a little theatrical" is another way of saying "I do not believe any of her lies and exaggerations". And "mellow" means "I believe every word you say". Well, except for the part about going to school online. I am not saying there was proof that's what he was really doing but once again, JJ showed how disconnected she is from modern reality by refusing to believe that was a minimally plausible response, just because it was not possible when she was in college.

Famous last words in the delayed car bumper damage case: asking JJ "for what reason?" or words to that effect.

• Love 9

And by "mellow" we mean tokin' on the wacky tobaccy.

Whether or not kiddo was studying "on line" he did take taxpayer money meant for "school" and went on a romantic sojourn to Paris with the wispy girlfriend.  Were the loans/grants he received for traditional school or the school of playing around on the internet?  

We hardly ever see females in a road rage incident, and this one was even more stupid as both of them had children!  Five months without repairs and she wants def to pay for repairs when she could have had dozens of accidents since and, if she could still drive the car, why did she need a rental?  And she was just so offended that Judy wasn't buyin' it.

• Love 7

Lana Bullware, or whatever, with the flaming burgundy hair and the wild theatricals? Woman needs to cut down on her Marbarets. That voice could peel paint off walls.

5 hours ago, patty1h said:

Did you see her friend/witness? 

Yikes. She made Lana look good, really good. Jesus...

Okay, what it required to receive a Pell grant? Andre the Student had horrible  grammar - "I seen" and "Me and her were". And is using a Pell grant for extended vacations in Europe acceptable? I could see that Byrd was on the verge of tearing his own skin off while listening to the droning Andre. Byrd, I felt your pain. 

Imagine spending an evening listening to Andre and Lana "conversating"? That torture would make anyone confess to anything at all, or jump out a window. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Lana Bullware, or whatever, with the flaming burgundy hair and the wild theatricals? Woman needs to cut down on her Marbarets. That voice could peel paint off walls.

Yikes. She made Lana look good, really good. Jesus...

Okay, what it required to receive a Pell grant? Andre the Student had horrible  grammar - "I seen" and "Me and her were". And is using a Pell grant for extended vacations in Europe acceptable? I could see that Byrd was on the verge of tearing his own skin off while listening to the droning Andre. Byrd, I felt your pain. 

Imagine spending an evening listening to Andre and Lana "conversating"? That torture would make anyone confess to anything at all, or jump out a window. 

I was on the verge of tearing my OWN skin off!  YIKES!  Between his monotony and her flamboyant posing, it gave me the creeps.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, patty1h said:

I was amused by Lana Boulware, the mother with the Kate Gosselin hairdo and neck tattoo.   Did you see her friend/witness?  She has an equally unflattering do and tattoo; they look like they were big fans of Salt & Pepa back in the day and never updated their look.  I bet they both think they are just the hippest moms in the neighborhood.  The defendant's girlfriend looked like she had time traveled from the court of a 1600's castle.  I didn't even care about the facts of the case, I was so fascinated with the looks of all of the participants. 

I have actually had LIFE to deal with the last two weeks, and have missed all these juicy cases!  At least they sound juicy!  Other than the Little Debbie case (hee!) I'm totally out of the loop.  But the commentary, as always, is spot on. 

Okay, what it required to receive a Pell grant? Andre the Student had horrible  grammar - "I seen" and "Me and her were". And is using a Pell grant for extended vacations in Europe acceptable?

My mom was a CFO at a junior college and used to complain about Pell grants all the time. Not sure what all was involved, but she never griped about anything other than those.  And that was back in the olden days.

I'd set the DVR but then I'd have some 'splainin' to do. 

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 1

No comments about the little jackass who got his friends to troll the landlady who was evicting him from her house? I enjoyed how all his witnesses denied any knowledge of what he was doing, and one of them even said he'd make sure someone who did that to his sister never did it again.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

No comments about the little jackass who got his friends to troll the landlady who was evicting him from her house? I enjoyed how all his witnesses denied any knowledge of what he was doing, and one of them even said he'd make sure someone who did that to his sister never did it again.

I think that what that little prick did actually is a crime.  She should pursue him in criminal court.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

No comments about the little jackass who got his friends to troll the landlady who was evicting him from her house?

Was that a repeat? I"m sure I remember discussion here about a grown man who sent a little girl dick pics (or worse)? What a sad-sack freak show that woman had living in her house. She never needed to bother showing the damages these over-aged little boys did, because the harassment from that tiny, weenie little POS, seething with "shortass Syndrome" got her 5K.  This is a 30 year old man, pulling the kind of pranks that high-schools kids do. Did he not realize that showing up here was going to expose him to the world - not just a 10-year old girl - and that he would get a severe spanking from JJ? What a total waste of oxygen.  Not sure why he wasn't arrested.

More and more  I understand the female desperation out there, if what we see on lthis show are examples of manhood.

• Love 6

If the literary person didn't want to be involved in that book, she just should have said no, or like everyone else said, refund the money, minus her time already in to it.

Personally, if it were me and someone approached me with a tell-all called "Slam Dunk Sweetie", I'd just nope out.  No thanks.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

"Slam Dunk Sweetie"

This is the new "Flame McBain" of our times.  (Dear god, it's been almost 10 years...why do I still remember that case?!) 

13 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

This is the new "Flame McBain" of our times.  (Dear god, it's been almost 10 years...why do I still remember that case?!) 

Slam Dunk Sweetie just sounds like a really bad Country song.  I ate in a restaurant yesterday that was blaring country music.  Not a fan - no digs to those who like it - but some of those songs are just yeesh.  One where the guy says he'll let his wife name the kids so he can name the dogs.  One about apologizing for his dirty shoes but he'll dance the dirt off tonight.  And I used to have some former co-workers tell me they didn't like rock because it was all about sex, but a number of the songs they played blatantly talked about sex, including one where some twins wanted to get it on with a random guy they met in a bar.  Hypocrites.

• Love 1

One where the guy says he'll let his wife name the kids so he can name the dogs.

That's Blake Shelton, People's Sexiest Man Alive.  The people who voted on that are apparently the same women we see on JJ, so desperate any man looks good to them. 

• Love 5
On 1/31/2018 at 4:36 PM, patty1h said:

I was amused by Lana Boulware, the mother with the Kate Gosselin hairdo and neck tattoo.   Did you see her friend/witness?  She has an equally unflattering do and tattoo; they look like they were big fans of Salt & Pepa back in the day and never updated their look. 

Fantastic analysis! And what, exactly, was that "witness" prepared to attest to? "Well, your honor, Lana and I did, in fact, ask for the Long Island Medium style, but the stylist only studied up to page 14 of the TLC Hairdo Handbook and we walked out with Kate Gosselins instead." 

21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, what it required to receive a Pell grant? Andre the Student had horrible  grammar - "I seen" and "Me and her were". And is using a Pell grant for extended vacations in Europe acceptable? I

In fairness, he was attending an online school so he probably got more education visiting Paris than he did at Strayer "University." 

9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:
19 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

No comments about the little jackass who got his friends to troll the landlady who was evicting him from her house?

Was that a repeat?

It was and the second I saw that smarmy asshole's face again, I hit the 'delete' button on the remote. 

2 hours ago, Quof said:

That's Blake Shelton, People's Sexiest Man Alive.  The people who voted on that are apparently the same women we see on JJ, so desperate any man looks good to them. 

Just looked him up. roflmfao! You've got that right. All this stuff just makes me so glad I'm not young and looking. He kind of looks like a Benny Hill for the New Age. Jesus.

46 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

In fairness, he was attending an online school so he probably got more education visiting Paris than he did at Strayer "University." 

I know nothing about Strayer, but they might want to start giving mandatory classes in Basic English, if they have students of this age who say "I seen."

Speaking of mangled English, I was writing something and deliberately inserted the word "conversate." This was the result:

conversate.jpg

• Love 7

All the litigants in that study-in-Paris case had such patrician, noble surnames--Boulware, Pennington, Penhallegan.  I bet those ancestors are rolling in their crypts.

Did anyone else have the case today where the young Asian guy was punched in the face by the older guy for squeezing past the man's wife and kids while the father/husband was holding open a restaurant door for them?  Clearly the man shouldn't have gone back to the restaurant once he was safely out of it to "tell him again that he was rude" (which I'm sure was all he intended to do), but I have to say that from a distance of 3,000 miles, I wanted to punch that kid in the face.  Two grand seems like a cheap price to pay for the satisfaction.

• Love 17

I love how the kid testified that the wife was nowhere near the door, then in the next sentence he mentioned that he "squeezed on by" to get through the door. If no one else was there, he would not have had to "squeeze by" anything. I waited in vain for Judge Judy to catch that....

• Love 8

Co-sign on punching that snotty, rude shit in the face! Totally worth the $2000, shall we say, "privilege tax," the Defendant had to pay. That case reminded me of similar "victory against entitled douchebag" cases like the lady who let the air out of the tires of the guy who stole her parking space and the lady who dumped soda on the guy's head in the movie theater when he wouldn't shut the F up. 

When the announcer first said the Plaintiff's name, all I heard was Yo Yo Shoe. Then the title card came up and it was spelled You You Xue. More like, Yo Yo? Shoo. 

Anyone else get a new episode with the case of the warring family members in the hospital room? That case had me rolling. So, here's a guy dying in the hospital and his daughter is dropkicking his sister and her cousin at the foot of his bed. And the best part was they all deserved to get drop kicked! 

2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Boulware, Pennington, Penhallegan. 

They do sound like old-timey Lords and Ladies -type nobility, don't they? 

35 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

So, here's a guy dying in the hospital and his daughter is dropkicking his sister and her cousin at the foot of his bed. And the best part was they all deserved to get drop kicked! 

I saw a video somewhere of a scene just like that - someone lying deathly ill in a bed, and the lovely ladies in his life are screeching and beating the crap out of each other like savage beasts - in a hospital room! I wonder if it's the same gang. That can't happen very often, can it? Can it?? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

They do sound like old-timey Lords and Ladies -type nobility, don't they? 

I saw a video somewhere of a scene just like that - someone lying deathly ill in a bed, and the lovely ladies in his life are screeching and beating the crap out of each other like savage beasts - in a hospital room! I wonder if it's the same gang. That can't happen very often, can it? Can it?? 

I think you've cracked it!  I am sure that was the same scenario, and the same "lovely ladies".  LOL!

• Love 2

I was feeling guilty about despising the entitled snot-nosed brat who shoved past the guy's wife and got punched, then I came here and am glad I was not the only one. Agreed, it was probably worth the two thousand, especially since the show pays that (although it reduces or eliminates the money that the defendant would have gotten otherwise if I understand the money side of these shows).

• Love 7
7 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I love how the kid testified that the wife was nowhere near the door, then in the next sentence he mentioned that he "squeezed on by" to get through the door. If no one else was there, he would not have had to "squeeze by" anything. I waited in vain for Judge Judy to catch that....

And the husband said that the kid 'walked right through' his wife, which Judy did catch. "He can't have walked through her. Your wife is not an invisible person." I was confused about the part where the husband went to the car, put on a jacket and a beanie, then went back inside to reiterate that the younger guy was rude. Which he was, but why go back inside and confront him if you're not trying to instigate something?

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Co-sign on punching that snotty, rude shit in the face! Totally worth the $2000, shall we say, "privilege tax," the Defendant had to pay. That case reminded me of similar "victory against entitled douchebag" cases like the lady who let the air out of the tires of the guy who stole her parking space and the lady who dumped soda on the guy's head in the movie theater when he wouldn't shut the F up. 

When the announcer first said the Plaintiff's name, all I heard was Yo Yo Shoe. Then the title card came up and it was spelled You You Xue. More like, Yo Yo? Shoo. 

Anyone else get a new episode with the case of the warring family members in the hospital room? That case had me rolling. So, here's a guy dying in the hospital and his daughter is dropkicking his sister and her cousin at the foot of his bed. And the best part was they all deserved to get drop kicked! 

Everyone wanted to punch Mr. YoYo Shoe in my house.  Some people just HAVE to have the last word, and I'm sure the defendant is one.  I wouldn't have gone back in, but I would have had a very LOUD conversation in the restaurant with the manager about it, although I doubt he would have been embarrassed by it.

The hospital case was carbon-copy when Mr. Funky's step sister was dying, although no fist fight broke out, thankfully.  The hospital was told up front about the issues with the family, and they immediately restricted visits to every other day for those on either "side" of the issue.  Good idea, but it didn't stop the drama queens from showing up when it wasn't their day, because they were convinced she would die that day, and didn't want to be denied seeing her.  In reality, they just wanted to fight, and were removed from the hospital.  And the soon-to-be-deceased heard and saw it all.  People should be ashamed of themselves, but sadly, no one is anymore.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Ooooh the worst part was that the lady doing the dropkicking was an elementary school teacher!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Quof said:

JJ:   "Why did the relationship end?"

Bradley Samavati: "We just had our indifferences."

He said it 3 times, so I know I didn't imagine it.

I just wish he'd stop squinching his face.

Although...

"Tell me about your apartment."
"I don't have an apartment, Your Honor, I have a residence."

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Quof said:

He said it so often, it was a throwback to The Princess Bride:  

5a75060691547_InigoMontoya.jpg.892960fedca9393e5c3ad9c1f1f5c911.jpg

Edited by nora1992
  • Love 15

He also said something in the hallterview about their relationship becoming "hospitable"?  I think he meant "hostile," but I couldn't hear the whole context.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about? 

And how many thousands of dollars in free ad time did the Purple Mattress company get during that case?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Quof said:

I suppose he simply wanted to say that they stopped being interested in each other.

• Love 2
On 1/31/2018 at 11:15 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Ah, just got to this one (started the evening with 8 saved up episodes from this week) I remember this ass from the first air date. What I caught this time, but missed the first go round, was landlady texting about "3rd world ratchet excuse for a princess." Hmmm, missed learning a new use for ratchet back in September.

• Love 3
On 2/1/2018 at 8:46 PM, Brattinella said:

I wanted to punch that kid's face, too!  Such an entitled weenie!  I can't understand how he thought what he did was okay.

Ah, yes, I may have felt kid deserved a smack. Problem is, this happened 2 years ago, boppee  is 20 now, so at the time he was a teenager, and depending on birthday borderline legal adult - while bopper was clearly an adult with his now graying beard.

Other problem with the elapsed time between incident and JJ courtdate, these two have relived the incident so many times - not only during criminal court apperances, but they could have completely rewritten history in their minds - they may both be telling the truth as they remember it.

Oh, and did JJ really just question defendant putting a jacket, suggesting he was trying to disguise himself. Surely she knows that the temperature on a coast can shift during the time a family entered a restaurant, ate, then came back out. San Mateo sits on the SF Bay, and there'should a reason for the M Twain quote about "coldest winter being San Francisco summer." I remember the fog rolling in and the temperature dropping like a rock - beautiful sunny day one minute and suddenly needing a jacket.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4

Oh, and did JJ really just question defendant putting a jacket, suggesting he was trying to disguise himself

No, her point was (1) he was planning on being outside for a while, rather than just going back to repeat "You were rude", and (2) he didn't want to get blood on his clothes.   Defendant's wife said the door was 5 steps from the car.  If it were simply chilly, he would have sucked it up. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I was so hoping the camera crew was going to give us a rear view shot of blogger Bree Martin's bodacious a$$. It was gigantic from the semi side view, I can't even imagine the view from "behind"! Lol 

But her brand! Her brand was ruined before it even got started. That requires compensation!

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

But her brand! Her brand was ruined before it even got started. That requires compensation!

What exactly was her "brand"? I must have missed her explaining that. These 2 litigants deserved what they got from each other: NOTHING! 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Quof said:

You didn't imagine it. I heard it too.

"I live in a residence" said the fruit and veggie squeezer. I instantly thought he meant a rehab or some institution. He kept insisting that's where he lives until JJ asked who else lived there. Turns out his "residence" is where he lives with his siblings and mommy and sleeps on his special Purple Bed. He was such a wee little creep. 

3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I was so hoping the camera crew was going to give us a rear view shot of blogger Bree Martin's bodacious a$$. It was gigantic from the semi side view, I can't even imagine the view from "behind"! Lol 

Def. must have been wild-crazy to get some of that booty, since he took off on his wife of a few months to go stay with Bree and do work "as a favour." Gee, you'd think a man with four kids - none of whom live with him -  to support might find something more financially rewarding to do with his time, but I guess the siren call of the Gigantic Bodacious Buttocks was not to be denied. His wife was fine with all this. 

Hope I have the right case here. Been trying to catch up. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know, I had to call hubby in and pause it on that butt.  Wowie! I tried searching for her online to find a rear-view, but no luck. :(

Woops!  I don't know why this quote is attributed to angelahunter instead of chenoa333!

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Another fame whore who thinks the Web is her sure-fire ticket to instant fame, based on a half-formed concept that she grandly sees as her "brand".

She reminded me of that litigant who kept crying out "my child!" to inflate the alleged harm done to her adult daughter.

These two overwrought ladies should get together and launch a line of BRANDS! for drama queens.

On 02/02/2018 at 11:05 AM, funky-rat said:

Everyone wanted to punch Mr. YoYo Shoe in my house.

Not me, but both litigants certainly deserved ample loads of scorn. Plaintiff was rude and an asshole, but defendant was suffering from an overload of testosterone in seeking a confrontation and punching the other guy in the face. Between the two idiots, I would say resorting to violence is the bigger transgression.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

What exactly was her "brand"? I must have missed her explaining that. These 2 litigants deserved what they got from each other: NOTHING! 

I missed it too, though it was probably something like clothes or makeup that she was advertising, since the reason he was doing a video for her was so she could show it on her blog.

Also, I super-enjoyed the Moron Olympics with the girl who was suing her former friend that started dating her ex. None of them were over 22, though the guy said he was 22 at first and then admitted that he was only 21. Ex Girlfriend said that D'Artagnan (not his real name, but that's what it sounded like) threw a brick through her windshield and shattered it while she was driving past his house, but JJ told her that she shouldn't have bothered suing him because he doesn't have any money. He had made up some elaborate story about how he was unemployed, except for when he worked, but he hurt his leg doing...something.....and was waiting until he was healthy enough to get another job. Morons, all of them.

• Love 9

I think the "My ass is my brand" slot is probably all full up by now, what with the Kardashians, Amber Rose, whatever her name is who's married to Ice-T, all the Atlanta Housewives . . . the list goes on and on.  There's no more room on the bench with all those asses.  Bree probably needs a new idea.

IIRC the prize that the competitors were after in the Moron Olympics (love that) first said he was 21, then remembered he'd just had a birthday so upped it to 22.  I thought you didn't start forgetting your age till you were four or five decades older than that.  He must be on the waiting list for some pretty high-level jobs.  When his leg gets better, that is.

• Love 12

Just watch the hospital beatdown. Even the announcer used the word "sickening" to describe it. I'm trying to picture my brother (or my "unt") and me dropkicking each other in the hospital when my mother lay very ill. I have to say that defies my imagination. Anyway, nice to hear an elementary school teacher - someone who has a hand in shaping young minds - say something like, "I was dominating the fight" as though physical violence is nothing unusual and maybe even something to be proud of. Wow. Oh, and is it usual for hospitals to have "uncover security guards" disguised as nurses?

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

IIRC the prize that the competitors were after in the Moron Olympics (love that) first said he was 21, then remembered he'd just had a birthday so upped it to 22.  I thought you didn't start forgetting your age till you were four or five decades older than that.  He must be on the waiting list for some pretty high-level jobs.  When his leg gets better, that is.

The plaintiff never quite got why she was so wrong loving her man.  Even with JJ clearly telling her it didn't make sense fighting over someone so worthless.

On a fun note, I sure was glad they didn't cut the guy who kept telling Judge Judy she was "mean."  I think there were two of those on the same day!

• Love 6

it was probably something like clothes or makeup that she was advertising

Nope, she is her "brand".  Like the Kardashians are their own brand - not the stuff they pimp.   So she has to protect her image, lest her brand be tarnished.

• Love 3