Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Bleeding Head Intro?!

Creepy man in the process of a yet to be adjudicated action that removed a violent wife from her home rents a room to a another woman who, while appearing to not being completely out of her mind, moves in only to sue for her security when the entire arrangement goes sideways after two months when he turns out to be a letch and estranged wife ultimately returns to her home. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 2

Overcrowding Chaos-Plaintiff was living in the living room, and then the two hipster brothers (defendants) had the bedroom, moved the other brother and wife in, and then moved the brother and wife (I guess wife) into the living room.  About this time the idiot defendant has to take a drink of the Water That Shell Not Be Drunk.     The plaintiff talked to the landlord about all of the tenants not on the lease, and the landlord told the brothers that no one on the lease could live there.   Police showed up when plaintiff's bead work was destroyed by whiny little man-baby, and his girlfriend/wife/whatever the hell she is.        Plaintiff was told to leave by police, after complaint by woman not on lease (Anna whoever the hell she is).      Plaintiff stayed in hotel for three days, and then moved home with family.     Plaintiff gets $598, and defendants still look like whiny little jerks.  

Bleeding Head Intro-Man and woman move into apartment, and separated in December.    Police threw out wife, and so man advertised for roommate, and plaintiff woman moves in.    Defendant wife moves back in, with roommate in the other bedroom.      Shit hits the fan when the wife sees the woman roommate plaintiff.     Plaintiff wants security deposit back, rent, moving costs, etc.     Defendant didn't mention to plaintiff that his wife was booted for domestic violence, until after she moved in, and she saw the picture of his head injury, and heard about the restraining order.      Defendant starts slandering plaintiff, and JJ doesn't put up with that.    Plaintiff gets money back, and I'm not sure how much, because the defendant is still a loser, and a liar, and I think JJ should have given the plaintiff $5k for stress, and having the restraining order wife move back in.

Teen Vandal in the Hot Seat-Plaintiff's son, and defendant were shacking up, and defendant bought car for $6500, and didn't have the money to insure and register it.     Defendant says ex loaned her money $650 for car registration, but it actually was from the mother.     Defendant also trashed the house too, and says she threw a few things around.     I hope the plaintiff's son learned about nut cases from this, and doesn't keep repeating this mistake.    I had to run the garbage can out, so I missed the amount of the award to the plaintiff (mommy of former live in). 

Alabama Section 8 Payback-(Rerun) sleazy realtor is going to get a man to invest in house, rehab it, and rent Section 8.    Realtor (not broker, I've heard that explanation for the last time), moves tenant in, never gets the Section 8 approved, and tenant never pays rent either.     Pretty much (I almost said Basically!) the realtor is a jerk, should lose his license, and get nailed for fraud too. Defendant trying to sell house, (good luck selling a townhouse in many parts of Montgomery), can't sell, and plaintiff talks owner into leasing town house Section 8, and giving realtor $4,800 for repairs to pass Section 8 inspector.    Plaintiff/realtor wants more money for repairs, has janky 'invoices', never gets the house up to Section 8 standards, and rents to loser tenant (just to keep the place occupied) who never pays a penny for rent.     Realtor/plaintiff claims he had an oral agreement with defendant, and idiot realtor should know that real estate oral agreements are useless, and have to be written and signed by both parties.      JJ rejects handwritten invoices that plaintiff obviously forged himself.     Tenant moved in and didn't collect rent for two months.     Apparently tenant had to wait for Section 8 inspector, but I think that's done before move in.      David Herman realtor (of Montgomery, AL Eddins something company),  moved in tenant, no rent, no agreement with owner/defendant.   Tenant never paid owner, her three grown kids lived there, and only paid her $410 portion of the rent three months, and tenant was in jail for six months, and owner had to evict the deadbeat tenant's grown kids after over a year with everyone living in the property.      As a property manager, David Herman sucks, has no clue about what anyone paid for anything, or that the tenant was a deadbeat.  

Plaintiff gets $0, and deserves even less.    

Defendant gets $ 0

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Teen Vandal in the Hot Seat-Plaintiff's son, and defendant were shacking up, and defendant bought car for $6500, and didn't have the money to insure and register it.     Defendant says ex loaned her money $650 for car registration, but it actually was from the mother.     Defendant also trashed the house too, and says she threw a few things around.     I hope the plaintiff's son learned about nut cases from this, and doesn't keep repeating this mistake.    I had to run the garbage can out, so I missed the amount of the award to the plaintiff (mommy of former live in).

I’m pretty sure I’d have repaid my mother before I let her tow me into a courtroom and sit there like a 5 year old in time out while she sues my old deadbeat girlfriend. Sheesh brother, have some pride. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Thanks for explaining what Shermed out means, because PCP was after I was in high school.    Damn, I'm old

PCP was around in the late 70’s when I was in high school, and I’m thankful Joe Friday and Dragnet were around earlier to scare me into staying away from all that stuff. Who says television isn’t educational?

• Love 6

The only thing I knew about PCP in the late 70's was a family friend who had a son that was using it, one night he threatened to kill all of them, had a big knife in his hand, and the police were called.     The son was so uncontrollable that it took two huge police officers, his father and brother to run him down and handcuff him.       Their health insurance at the time didn't cover too many days in a private hospital, so he ended up at the state mental hospital for a few months.     When he was released he still was pretty out of it, and his mother demanded that he move back into the family home.   I don't know what eventually happened with him, but I always wondered if it triggered a psychotic break, or if it was just the PCP.     

When I moved to New Mexico I knew someone in the prosecutor's office, and asked him about PCP use there, and he said he never ran into a case of it.     It was mostly popular when they couldn't get real pot, so they put PCP on anything green.      

• Love 2
On 12/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, Byrd is the Word said:

Locked and Loaded Neighborhood Patrol?!” Small (spiritually, certainly not physically), argumentative men like Mr. Gorman terrorizing neighborhoods with his handgun, anger issues and self righteousness are a nightmare. This ass hat wants to be Dirty Harry or Charles Bronson so bad even I can taste it, but he’ll sooner be the next George Zimmerman.

This was hard to watch. Gorman struck me as a racist who has moved into a 'gated community' with the expectation that it will be gated to keep all of 'them' out.  He stated at the end that he's trying to move but that the plaintiff is bringing down his property values, that's a dogwhistle right there. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Cynna said:

This was hard to watch. Gorman struck me as a racist who has moved into a 'gated community' with the expectation that it will be gated to keep all of 'them' out.  He stated at the end that he's trying to move but that the plaintiff is bringing down his property values, that's a dogwhistle right there.

I couldn’t agree more. The over the should camera shot of the police report indicated that he drives a Dodge Charger, the go to vehicle of many police departments. Who wants to bet that there’s a set of handcuffs in there somewhere? The combination of an open carry handgun and the misguided law and order mentality are strong indicators that he’s the type that wanted to be a cop but his psychological evaluation and physical condition disqualified him. So instead he patrols his neighborhood as a self appointed armed responder/ball buster in between his mall cop jobs.

BTW, nobody has mentioned the two bunker women in matching crimson dresses that he brought with him to bolster his defense. What’s up with them? Maybe they’re his prisoners. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

wanted to be a cop but his psychological evaluation and physical condition disqualified him

I had some trouble with the guy and I think that you nailed it with this. Like many people, I carry a concealed weapon most of the time, and most carriers are reasonable controlled and extremely non aggressive. There are some yahoos who are wannabe cops and in my neck of the woods, they often end up in jail for felony brandishing - if convicted, they are then prohibited ownership and even access to firearms. His only legitimate point was that if he had done what the plaintiffs said he did (draw and point the gun), I have to believe that he would have been charged, actual cops I know are not fond of wannabes cowboying up.

• Love 6

I think Def got screwed in trucking case .  The agreement was splitting the profit.  Profit would be AFTER the expenses of haul job.  So, take what customer paid, less fuel etc.  Then split what was left.  Not off the top of job.  

Plaintiff messed up his haul.  My math is:

Customer paid $1500.  Less $700. For fuel.  $800. ÷2.  Is $400.

Plaintiff tossed shit in truck.  Damaged the goods (I really want to know what was in those boxes).

In my world, plaintiff gets squat.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Customer paid $1500.  Less $700. For fuel.  $800. ÷2.  Is $400.

At the very least, you’re forgetting that the truck needed $800 in repairs. But fuel and even repairs are expected. With 5 deliveries scheduled when the P left, even with a repair bill this should have been a money maker. My sense is the P failed to perform and turned a winner into a looser.

• Love 5

After listening to the hall talk on the 2nd case (party giver vs. caterer), I looked up the plaintiff, Gloria Darrington. She was on both Bridezillas and Marriage Bootcamp. I guess the latter didn't work as the court case was about her engagement party. She seemed pretty sane on JJ. Anyone remember her from either of the other shows?

• Love 2

Trucking Cousins case-Why are people stupid enough to go into business with relatives?     Greatest way ever to ruin family relationships.  However, if we get lucky, we'll all get to see the video of the riot at the family Thanksgiving dinner with the two men, their fighting supporters, and maybe a lot of police wearing riot gear responding to the fight, and maybe one of the K-9 puppies chowing down on the turkey too.  

Caterer from Hell-Bridezilla is scary enough, but only really bizarre people go on Marriage Boot Camp.     The caterer is rotten, and anyone who hires him and expects everything done on time by his company is going to be upset.     Shows up ten minutes before the event starts?     Ridiculous.     $450 to Plaintiff.        Gloria was on Bridezillas several years ago, but the Marriage Boot Camp Bridezillas edition was years ago, but sounds like a hoot.       She's also credited with one TV movie or something.    I guess this was for another husband?  Sad since she had a bunch of kids with the Bridezillas husband.  

Drive to Church Gone Bad-Defendant is such a cheat and liar, and should remember that    Other driver was at fault when they hit the car with plaintiff, defendant and their kids on the way to church.   Plaintiff negotiated with insurance company for both of their cases, and plaintiff loaned defendant $4200, and she claims that it would be covered by the car accident settlement.    Settlement for plaintiff was 20k, plaintiff received 14,800, plus the rest from her insurance company.     Defendant doesn't want to repay the $4200, and claims plaintiff is a crook.   Defendant is the crook, so plaintiff gets $4200, from JJ.     Defendant never paid the medical bills for herself and her children, so plaintiff has a separate case against her for over $13k, because she was supposed to pay out of her settlement.    The plaintiff put his house as collateral for the bills, and had to pay the lien off, to get his house back, so she owes him a bundle.   I hope the man gets every penny, plus court costs, and accrued interest.  

Whiplash?  I doubt that.--Defendant has no insurance "on that day" when she rear ended the plaintiff's car at a stop light.    Defendant has no insurance, and no license with her.   Plaintiff gets $1300 for what the idiot did to her car.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Drive to Church Gone Bad-Defendant is such a cheat and liar, and should remember that    Other driver was at fault when they hit the car with plaintiff, defendant and their kids on the way to church.   Plaintiff negotiated with insurance company for both of their cases, and plaintiff loaned defendant $4200, and she claims that it would be covered by the car accident settlement.    Settlement for plaintiff was 20k, plaintiff received 14,800, plus the rest from her insurance company.     Defendant doesn't want to repay the $4200, and claims plaintiff is a crook.   Defendant is the crook, so plaintiff gets $4200, from JJ.     Defendant never paid the medical bills for herself and her children, so plaintiff has a separate case against her for over $13k, because she was supposed to pay out of her settlement.    The plaintiff put his house as collateral for the bills, and had to pay the lien off and pay the bills to get his house back, so she owes him a bundle.

Once more,  we see a litigant who acts like an insurance settlement should be a bonanza. Sounds like the negotiated settlement pretty much would have covered her medical bills - exactly what P was trying to get for her. Who wants to bet she took the settlement money and went on a shopping spree - fancy phone, biggest tv she could fit in her new apartment, etc and nada towards the bills or into savings or a college fund for her kid(s)? (Or, here's a radical thought - take the money and applying it toward training program so she could get a better job - or really any job, I suspect Byrd is supporting her and her brood now.) As this case was laid out, I fully expect P to win the other case for the money he paid on her bills - that money will be coming out of her pocket instead of the JJ show kitty.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

Once more,  we see a litigant who acts like an insurance settlement should be a bonanza. Sounds like the negotiated settlement pretty much would have covered her medical bills

It’s hard to say, but it’s unlikely her “injuries” were of the nature that compensation for actual pain and suffering would be in order. Sadly, a $13,000 hospital expense is hardly remarkable these days. If she was shaken up, taken by ambulance to an ER and underwent a few diagnostic procedures to rule out serious injury, $13,000 would be more or less on par. That said, as the victim of the accident she would be entitled to her actual financial damages and a little bit more. It sounds like what the P negotiated a reasonable settlement on her behalf only to be screwed out of the fee he earned along with the hassle of at least 2 lawsuits in a effort to be made at least mostly whole. Her “it is what it is” remark outside the courtroom adds a bit of faux philosophy but really translates as “I tried to bullshit and charm my way out of my obligations and it didn’t work.”  That remark, by the way, is so predictable in so many cases. Watch for it if you don’t already. 

• Love 5

JJ had to deal with two generations of dumb while trying to explain a contract case to the teen who bought a dog off Craigslist.  They believed that if an 8 week old puppy doesn't immediately fit in with their other dogs, it's the sellers problem and they can get a refund.  Wrong, so wrong!  I love when JJ asks people what law school they went to, when a big mouth pulls some "facts" out of their ass and want to argue it with the judge.  Even after going back and forth on the law, this father and daughter were still not getting it.   Shuffle them out, Byrd.

Another thing, it seems that more frequently folks are yelling out to JJ as she leaves the bench, wanting a different result or thinking the case is still going on.  I love it when she shoots them down a second time and Byrd stands there giving a death glare while trying to usher them out.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 14

How the hell can an 8 week old puppy "not fit in"?    My theory is that the Border Collie was already way smarter than freaky eyebrow/metal booger girl.

More slack jaw dumbasses breeding and molding the next stellar generation.  JJ was wasting her breath tryin' to learn 'em the law.  The example of $25/hr was not any kind of math Daddy Genius could relate to.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 16

Border Collie-What a couple of idiots the defendants were.     I hate those booger nose rings too, and it doesn't make the 18 year old defendant look better.    How stupid are those two defendants?    By the way idiot dad of Miss Booger Nose, if you don't have a warranty written in the contract, you can't return a used car either, you dimwit.         It's too bad the puppy wasn't still there when the breeder/plaintiff went to get it, and I'm sure the two defendant idiots got a better offer, and sold the puppy, hopefully to a much better home.    I bet they've done this before too, and thought they'd pay the first payment, stiff the breeder, and resell the poor puppy to someone else, and pocket the difference.   So puppy wasn't family friendly?    What a couple of idiots the defendants are.       Plaintiff gets $350, and I hope puppy got a much better home than either the backyard breeder, or the stupid defendants. 

Adultery & Assault-Another desperate woman who thought she could have the relationship she wanted, and not the one the loser boyfriend wanted.   She gets $865, and still thinks he will fall in love and want her sorry carcass in his life.    She can forget that, and being that desperate is embarrassing at her age.    Apparently she also assaulted the defendant when she found out he was cheating.  

Poorly Performing Parents-Druggie Mom (only in jail 3 months instead of 9 that year) wants her part of tax refund from child deduction in her year, even though kid lived with idiot, slack-jawed defendants grandparents, so she gets $2k.   Poor child, she doesn't stand a chance.   

Yorkie-Man picked up plaintiff's Yorkie, dog jumped or was dropped, broke leg, and vet bills are almost $9k, and still going.     

Trucker Driver Ripped Off-Plaintiff truck driver leaves her car at ex-boyfriend's apartment, doesn't pay the payments, it gets repo'd and sold and she wants money from ex-love muffin for the car.   She also has another car that is parked elsewhere.     I hate both of these people.   Plaintiff gets nothing, and deserves nothing.   

• Love 5
15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

By the way idiot dad of Miss Booger Nose, if you don't have a warranty written in the contract, you can't return a used car either, you dimwit.

So true.  "If I bought a car and it didn't work I'd take it back".  Good grief.  Drive it back to the dealer if like and don't mind wasting your time before they tell you to take the car home; it's yours now.

Poorly Performing Parents-Druggie Mom (only in jail 3 months instead of 9 that year) wants her part of tax refund from child deduction in her year, even though kid lived with idiot, slack-jawed defendants grandparents, so she gets $2k.   Poor child, she doesn't stand a chance.

Extra style points for more hideous body piercing on both sides of the aisle.  BTW, didn't piercing your face like that jump the shark about 2003?

15 hours ago, Brattinella said:

How the hell does anyone accept a PAYMENT PLAN for a puppy?  I just don't understand.

The only thing worse than a Craigslist buyer coming to your house once with a payment is that buyer coming again, and again and again.

• Love 7

I give her some respect for telling the judge the truth about her issues and without equivocation.  Unlike her child's father who quit his job because he was tired of washing cars and wasn't allowed to paint one like he wanted.

• Love 4

Adultery & Assault-Another desperate woman who thought she could have the relationship she wanted, and not the one the loser boyfriend wanted.

Why, Ms.Gonzalez? WHY? She is an articulate, intelligent, attractive women with her own business. What makes her so terminally desperate that she'll do anything - buy all the furniture, run around looking for apartments - to "build a life" with that runty, fugly, dreary little drip with the worst douchebag hair we've seen in ages? And to top it off, HE cheated on HER. Someone else wants him! I'm often embarassed to be a woman these days. Mr. Schneider is a chef, well, I guess the guy who flips the burgers in a greasy spoon could call himself a chef. Ah, Ms. Gonzalez - you need to learn what I've said for ages: If you have a handsome, intelligent, successful man (even one who can't buy his own sofa) other women will be wanting him too. You needed to step up your game and buy him a car, at least.

3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Another thing, it seems that more frequently folks are yelling out to JJ as she leaves the bench, wanting a different result or thinking the case is still going on.  I love it when she shoots them down a second time and Byrd stands there giving a death glare while trying to usher them out.

I guess they don't watch the show. In this case, the arrogant troll, Mr. Schneider, would have known that calling her back once she gets up is not a good idea. And he has the nerve to be snotty when he's the one who can't grasp the simple concept that if you sleep with someone for a year after they injured you, you forgave it. I think Byrd was itching to grab him and throw his scrawny ass out.

Trucker Driver Ripped Off-Plaintiff truck driver leaves her car at ex-boyfriend's apartment

I hated them too. I didn't believe anything either of them spouted and I think they were trying to scam the show.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm often embarassed to be a woman these days.

I sometimes feel the same when these shitbags in pants get hauled into court by one of the 2 or 3 women they have made a baby with and support that child by sending “whatever they can”. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I sometimes feel the same when these shitbags in pants get hauled into court by one of the 2 or 3 women they have made a baby with and support that child by sending “whatever they can”. 

Except the term is not support, it's "I take care of my kids."  Usually followed with the term "buy Pampers."

• Love 12
16 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

How the hell can an 8 week old puppy "not fit in"?    My theory is that the Border Collie was already way smarter than freaky eyebrow/metal booger girl.

It seems they were offended because the dog most likely "herded". DUH, that's what Border Collies/ Australian Shepherds do. They are herding dogs and herd they do. It's in their DNA. It's like people that buy Dachshunds (which are fierce little dogs who used to chase badgers down into holes) and wonder why they are aggressive little firecrackers instead of armchair dogs.  And I love your description of Freaky-Eyebrow Metal Booger Girl - she's like the teen version of the kid that wipes her snotty nose on her sleeve in the classroom. 

• Love 11

The possibility also occurred to me that they just didn't want to pay the balance of the agreed price and kept the dog.  How would the seller (another prize--even my husband, who rarely has much to say about any of these clowns, asked me, "Doesn't she know she won?!") prove that they don't still have it?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Brattinella said:

How the hell does anyone accept a PAYMENT PLAN for a puppy?  I just don't understand.

I more don't understand why they let her have the dog after just one payment  -not even half.  Heck, not even 1/3.

She said the dog "wasn't a good fit with our family".  I think they wanted a quiet dog that would lay down and not be a bother.  Border Collies are working dogs.  They need lots of room to run.  Another case of someone wanting a dog but doing no research whatsoever to see whether they could care for it or not.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I more don't understand why they let her have the dog after just one payment  -not even half.  Heck, not even 1/3.

She said the dog "wasn't a good fit with our family".  I think they wanted a quiet dog that would lay down and not be a bother.  Border Collies are working dogs.  They need lots of room to run.  Another case of someone wanting a dog but doing no research whatsoever to see whether they could care for it or not.

Hey! I know the perfect pet for this type of yahoo https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tzY7qQFij_M

Spoiler

For those who don't click on link - the old, circa 06, Chia pet commercial

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 5

My guess is the defendants do things like this all of the time, buy something and only make a down payment, and then stiff the seller for the rest.    My guess that's why they picked a seller that lived so many hours away, so they wouldn't come after them for the money.     This time it was a puppy, that I bet was resold for a lot more money before the first payment was even deposited, and the seller waited for more payments, probably electronically.     I bet the defendants run the same scam with all kinds of items, and many sellers probably figure it's not worth going to court against them.    This time they were wrong, and the seller did go public.       I just hope the puppy got a better home.  

• Love 9

Defendants with dog who chewed all the doors and bannister and carpets...  They eventually “got rid of” the dog (pit bull of course) because it was an annoyance and the kids weren’t interested in it anymore.  They “gave” it to the shelter.

Nice.  Real nice.  JJ was not impressed.  Neither am I.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ButYourHonor said:

Defendants with dog who chewed all the doors and bannister and carpets...  They eventually “got rid of” the dog (pit bull of course) because it was an annoyance and the kids weren’t interested in it anymore.  They “gave” it to the shelter.

Horrible people.  They got that dog as a puppy, too; had it four years. :(

• Love 10

Can somebody explain to me like I'm a Judge Judy litigant ... in the "bullshit" case, the defendant said that their electricity charges were different in different months because "we're women" How does gender determine how much electricity you use?

• Love 4

I'll bet the dog people are still smiling, even after they lost.  After all, they got away with doing $4,900 in damage and the landlord only gets $1,000 (plus the security).  That's not much money when doors and carpets and toilets need replacement.  JJ didn't like the plaintiff, so she decided that five years is the standard for new paint and replacing carpet.  Nope.

Silver Raven, the "we're women" didn't make a lot of sense to me either.  Women might use hair dryers and curling irons more than men, and they might do laundry more often.  But it's heating and cooling that cause the most change in electric use.

• Love 10

From some of my college roommates, it really varies how much electricity some people use.    One roommate took very long, very hot showers, did so much laundry I couldn't believe it, if the heat is electric, then turning the thermostat up for more heat, or down for extra AC, baking or cooking from scratch with an electric stove, and leaving every light in the house on constantly can absolutely run up an electric bill.    

Fresh Mouth Dismissed From Courtroom-Plaintiff suing defendant for loans, broken phone, etc.   Say Bull----, and her sorry butt gets evicted, and her case is dismissed.  On a shallow note, I hope that defendant sees a good hairdresser for a great conditioning treatment, and some split ends removed, that hair looked rough.    

Toddler Day Care Injury-Licensed, but understaffed and not insured day care had two toddlers of man, one kid lost the tip of his finger through a door accident, and has no feeling in the end of the finger.      There were no medical bills, and the attorney plaintiff consulted told him no case, and Judge Judy says no money either.  

Pit Bull Chews Up House-Two idiots move into house with two kids, and a pit bull, live there for five years, dog chews the hell out of the back door and frame, and siding, plus garbage left behind.   Plaintiff wants $4,900 for damages and garbage.   Poor dog, who was probably never trained, or given anything to chew, or exercised was dumped at animal shelter because male plaintiff "just lost interest".     I wish Byrd would punch this loser out, and his stupid wife/fiance/whatever she is.     JJ is right, defendant woman better hope he doesn't get bored with her.  

Broken toilet, admitted kid flushed something, doors chewed, and smashed, banister chewed up (that's an expensive fix in a lot of cases), many doors broken, chewed, etc.      When idiot defendant man says we just got rid of it, by 'giving it to the animal shelter'.     Man defendant actually laughs when talking about the damage and the dog getting dumped to die, because you know an untrained 4 year old pit isn't going anywhere, especially if they said he is untrained, I bet unneutered, and destructive.    Even worse, some shelters take surrender and ask if the animal should be rehomed, and if you say no, then dog goes bye-bye.      Handyman for plaintiff says it will cost $1805, so minus security deposit, plaintiff gets $1000., and that's minus paint, and carpet.     JJ says the $1975 for carpet isn't getting paid, but my guess is the rug is destroyed by the dog, and the slobs who lived there, and I would have given it to the plaintiff, and no payment for the paint, but I bet the paint is destroyed, and probably smoky, so I would have given them that too.   As plaintiff says in the hallterview, she is done with renting, and I can't blame her.

Rerun-Ultimate Neighbor Fence Dispute-This is the one with the nasty woman who built her fence on the defendant's property, it was on the defendant's property, and plaintiff wants to get paid for the encroaching fence which was built from 9" to several feet on the defendant's property.     Defendants got sick of plaintiff's encroaching fence, and asked her to take it down, and plaintiff didn't do it, and two years later the defendants took down the encroaching fence on their property, which avoided adverse possession.     Plaintiff didn't get survey until after fence removed, by defendants.     I agree with defendants, and plaintiff thought she could claim part of their property, and that's why she had the fence put there.   The plaintiff claims the defendant assaulted her when the fence was removed, and plaintiff punched defendant wife three times in the back.     Defendants want money to remove fence posts, and fill in holes, and for assault.    Plaintiff claims she was only brushing the defendant when she was trespassing the trying to stop the fence removal, and she is such a liar.    I feel sorry for the defendants to have to live with the plaintiff next door.     Plaintiff gets nothing, and deserves less, defendants get $ 351, $350 for fence pole removal (eight poles) and holes filled in, and $1 for assault.     Plaintiff is an idiot, and anyone who had two years notice about the encroachment of their fence, and didn't get a survey until after the removal from defendant's property, is a passive-aggressive loser.

Wants a $25k Video for Free-Woman has patents for anal cancer detection pap smear, and wanted a video about this to publicize this.    Defendant wanted $5k, was paid $3500, and wanted a video that was like a $25k video.     Plaintiff only paid half, $1750, and then pulled the plug because M.D. Anderson was doing the video for free, and defendant has copy of the email about the stop work, and why, and keeps the $1750 for his work.    I hope the M.D. Anderson people saw this, and dumped this loon.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Fresh Mouth Dismissed From Courtroom-Plaintiff suing defendant for loans, broken phone, etc.   Say Bull----, and her sorry butt gets evicted, and her case is dismissed.

Cannot remember the last time I took such a strong dislike so quickly to a pair of litigants. I’d have bounced the P after her second eye roll and the D after the bitchy hair flip. These two assholes should be forced into an octagon to settle this petty bullshit. (There, I can say it but she can’t)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

JJ didn't like the plaintiff, so she decided that five years is the standard for new paint and replacing carpet.  Nope.

When you collect almost $10,000 a year for 5 years as a landlord you can't charge the tenant for new carpet.  I highly doubt it the paint and carpet were new when these people moved in to the place.  I couldn't stand that guy but any self respecting landlord is going to repaint and replace the carpet before relisting the apartment. 

That fool lost me when he claimed he didn't reinstall the toilet because he didn't have the money.  Unless the clod broke it (always a possibility) it only takes one new $5 part to reinstall that thing.  Take if from a dad who could pull a toilet, remove the (insert small toy here) and have it back in place faster than a Formula 1 pit stop.

• Love 13

I was surprised that the defendants who dumped their dog to die at the pound managed to break all three toilets.      I bet the little kid got blamed for all three.   I agree with the carpet ruling, but the paint price seemed steep for a regular repaint job, so I'm guessing they repainted something funky colors, or there was smoke damage or something, and I think I would have given the landlady the paint costs.    And the door frame for the back door was more damage than just the frame, that was siding too.   

I bet the carpet was trashed, and that could definitely require cleaning the subfloor or slab, and resealing it, so maybe the landlady should have had a little more for that.        It sounds like a decently large house, so I can believe it was that much for rent.     It really ticked me off that the defendant fiance man kept snickering, and giggling at everything.    I bet this isn't his first rodeo in court for trashing a house, and the woman with him seemed to think it was funny too.     I feel so sorry for that poor dog, and hope the current landlord of that couple saw this show.             

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

Say Bull----, and her sorry butt gets evicted, and her case is dismissed. 

Gee, the little guttermouth really didn't know any better than to add the commentary of "Bullshit" to whatever bullshit def was spouting? Really? JJ was just as happy as I'm sure we were to get rid of these whiny, annoying, entitled brats.

On a shallow note, I hope that defendant sees a good hairdresser for a great conditioning treatment, and some split ends removed, that hair looked rough. 

She really needs to cool it with the straighteners for awhile or she's going to end up bald. She was vaguely amusing when asked if she paid her rent. Well, she was short. When was she short? The first month. How short? The entire amount. Why should she pay? Ms. Bullshit was jealous of her! Whenever anyone says that someone is "jealous" of her, it's very telling about the speaker, that they feel they have something about which anyone would feel jealousy.

Toddler Day Care Injury-

Dad is a 48-year old full-time student with two little kids. He goes to school all summer, but I guess not really since he said he stayed home and took care of the kids after the boy's finger was smashed. He gets free medical care and probably a lot of other freebies, so thought he'd try for a free 5K here. As for daycare facilities, I think dog kennels are better regulated. No one can take care of eight little kids.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

He gets free medical care and probably a lot of other freebies, so thought he'd try for a free 5K here.

If you take this guy at face value (a leap, I know) I feel for him. His little boy suffered what sounds like a terrible injury that will likely have at least a small impact on the rest of his life. It’s pretty clear that he has a case but a real world attorney wouldn’t take it because the day care provider has no insurance, hence no deep pocket. It’s a safe bet that most of us would seek damages from the negligent party that seriously injured one of our kids. In a weird twist, JJ seemed to favor the party without proper insurance in this case. We've seen her demonstrate more sympathy for a scratched hooptie than she did that little boy.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't even want to talk about that piece of shit who gave away to the pound the dog they had for four years because they were tired of it.

My husband's guess was that the dog either bit someone, or they couldn't find a place to move to that would take it, so they dumped it.

1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

If you take this guy at face value (a leap, I know) I feel for him. His little boy suffered what sounds like a terrible injury that will likely have at least a small impact on the rest of his life. It’s pretty clear that he has a case but a real world attorney wouldn’t take it because the day care provider has no insurance, hence no deep pocket. It’s a safe bet that most of us would seek damages from the negligent party that seriously injured one of our kids. In a weird twist, JJ seemed to favor the party without proper insurance in this case. We've seen her demonstrate more sympathy for a scratched hooptie than she did that little boy.

I felt sorry for him too.  Normally JJ would get all up in arms about watching kids and throw out dead kid analogies, but I think she lost sympathy when the word "Medicaid" was put out.  I also disagreed with her "YOU HAVE TO INSPECT THE PLACE  THOROUGHLY".  Yes, you do, but you never get a full picture of what's going on after you leave.  When a parent is there, everyone is on their best behavior.  It probably took him 3 months to find another provider - daycare can be tough, especially if you receive assistance to pay for it.  In the interim, he has no place to put his kids.  JJ's out-of-touch-ness was showing on this ep.

• Love 8

The man had zero medical bills for the poor kid, and didn't even do anything about this for months after the injury.     I have zero sympathy with the day care person, and wish the attorney had taken the civil suit against the day care, because if the father won, then  they could have put a lien on the woman's earnings, and possessions.     However, he wanted pain and suffering, and other things, and without medical testimony showing the extent of the injury, it was a sad accident and I feel for the kid, but it was the skin on the end of a finger, or a tiny part of the tip, without medical reports and photos, and a doctor's testimony.     We only have the father's claim about what the injury involved, and no statements about what happened and when, so I'm wondering what happened, how many adults were at the day care at the time, and what really happened.      My guess, unsupervised kids had an accident, and the day care owner didn't even know until after it happened.     

I'm surprised a local attorney didn't take the case anyway, just for the publicity and the chance to look like a good guy on TV.   I bet the personal injury lawyers around here would have taken it for just that reason.    

I find it outrageous that the day care operator can have eight kids, no help (you know the two helpers probably don't even know the day care exists) and is licensed but that doesn't require insurance?   Unbelievable, and I bet there is a requirement for that too.     

Around here they finally passed a law that religious organizations that have day care have to be licensed, and that is outrageous too, since before that they could hire anyone, usually only background checked one or two people, and have had all kinds of other employees, many of whom don't belong around kids.   Guess how many large churches were whining about this too?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The man had zero medical bills for the poor kid, and didn't even do anything about this for months after the injury.   

When watching this I couldnt' help thinking of the case where a little  boy was injured on the lawn of a church when he fell onto a metal object sticking out of the ground. The child's mother said she'd use the 5K for which was suing to take a trip to Disneyland. I"m leery of parents suing for the "pain and suffering" of a minor child, unless we could actually see the money being put into a vehicle where it would at least get interest and be inaccessible to a parent or anyone until the child reaches the age of majority. We've seen too many parents or guardians stealing their "kidses'"  money.

26 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I find it outrageous that the day care operator can have eight kids, no help (you know the two helpers probably don't even know the day care exists)

One of them is the mother of one of the kids, so I'm willing to bet she spends most of her time there with her own child.

• Love 7

My guess is that if the one mother is there, you're exactly right and she spends her time with her kid.    On the other hand, maybe the 'workers' are people who get a discount, and if they're asked they claim they work there?     It wouldn't be the first time that a day care lied about staffing. 

To borrow a TPC Judge Milian (?) quote, I wouldn't believe anything the day care owner said if her tongue was notorized.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I think she lost sympathy when the word "Medicaid" was put out. 

And also the fact that he was a college student at the age of 48.  Who knows if he's legitimately following some educational path that might lead to a better future for him and his kids (we've seen plenty of litigants who just seem to be in it for the grants), but JJ doesn't know one way or the other.  Most of the time, oddly, it seems she has no respect for higher education, unless it's her own. Which she reminds us of endlessly, as if folks don't know you have to go to law school to be a lawyer.  Why she's actively dismissive of something that ought to be encouraged is a constant mystery to me.  Well, maybe not a mystery, but definitely not one of her more admirable hobbyhorses.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Why she's actively dismissive of something that ought to be encouraged is a constant mystery to me. 

IMO, professional students, IE, those whose JOB is going to school, is a big fat scam.  They never seem to graduate or get that prestigious job.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Brattinella said:
33 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

IMO, professional students, IE, those whose JOB is going to school, is a big fat scam.  They never seem to graduate or get that prestigious job.

That's one side of the coin for sure.  The other possibility on the other side, remote though it may be, is that this guy is trying to lift himself out of poverty by going to school.  I don't remember if he used the word "college" or not.  For all we know it might be truck driving or refrigeration school.  Anything that would lift him out of poverty and off of Medicaid would be prestigious enough.  JJ looses some of my respect when she and her lucrative contract so quickly dismisses an injured party who did absolutely nothing wrong in spite of her criticism of his due diligence.  I thought the guy presented himself well even if he choose the wrong forum to plead his case.  Small claims courts generally don't handle matters relating to pain and suffering, focusing instead on property issue and actual monetary losses.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ButYourHonor said:

Almost as bad - laughing as they saw the pics and were asked about damages. "Oh, yeah, I took apart the toilet - one of the kids threw a toy in it and stopped it up.... that was months ago.... no, never put it back together, why should I, shouldn't the landlord's handyman do that... anyway, there were 3 toilets in the place, and I only took apart one" (we later hear all three have been damaged - but not what happened to the others) Not only that, but he wants to be paid for the "repair." I also thought it funny that Byrd kept going through the pictures after JJ did her tired, worn out "I touched something, Byrd, the picture disappeared" bit. So, Byrd thumbs through the pix, and is, like, "look at this one! Oh, and here's the chewed up the bannister!" 

Who wants to bet that the real reason they "got rid" of the dog was that where ever they moved to said "no pits". Anyway, hope dog ends up at a better place - though fear outcome may not be bright since many times put bulls don't get out of pounds.😢

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 9