Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I just caught up again.

Miss Mace in the Face:  Why did JJ allow her to say, "I seen..."  a ridiculous number of times without correcting her?!!  One day, someone will have to explain to me how "seen" has replaced "saw" in conversation.

2nd case today.  I'm distracted by how much the Plaintiff looks like America Fererra.  And her "boyfriend?"  Ummmm...right.  Girl, my gaydar is pinging on overdrive.  That might be your problem.

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
spelling is good
  • Love 7
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, basiltherat said:

The car wrapping case sounded like it was one of those internet schemes where you cash this "company" check and give them one  of yours.  And the company's check will of course bouncy bouncy bounce.  It's some sort of money laundering scheme.  Mr. Peck was a simmering jerk, but plaintiff was a nasty piece of work who admitted to vandalizing girlfriend's car while she was in jail.  

That case cracked me up. "You just said I didn't loan you the money!" And the snide comments JJ made to the new girlfriend, before we found out she, too, has a checkered past.  A refreshing diversion from the horror of the teen parents case. That's at least two in the past two weeks of idiot children birthing children, and having no concept of what they've done.  At all.  Whoever mentioned an adoption agency above is spot on. If only. Sometimes I wonder if there's any point in getting up in the mornings, if this is what our civilization has become.  Chocolate cake in the oven. Maybe that will help...

• Love 3

There's a first.  JJ vs the lace jeans makers; she hates the case, she can't believe how bad the jeans makers are at simply using a tape measure, and while she agrees with defendant that they don't seem to know what they're doing, she finds him annoying too. And she's so eager to get rid of all of them that when she tells plaintiff to hand over the jeans and tape measure, there's no objection when plaintiff heads right to the bench without going through Byrd.

I don't know why, if the defendant had made all the jeans and JJ agreed that the size was what it was supposed to be, that the defendant is on the hook when the plaintiffs refused delivery. What is he supposed to do with 100 size teensy jeans?

Also, plaintiff needs to comb her hair. Total rat's nest.

• Love 3

I hate the whole trend of frozen yogurt places now anyway. They all suck.

And they all have tip cups. The Hell?  You truly could not provide me with less service, as I make my way around the shop and fill my own cup, then add my own toppings, then place my own cup on the scale.   If they had self scan like the supermarkets, they wouldn't even need the surly teenage employees to make my change.

And you want a tip?  

• Love 13

I really love seeing the faces of the greedy dumbasses who fall for email scams. How does this work? Well, some company that wraps cars for advertising (I've had a few emails from them) sits there and the employees use their crystal ball to come up with email addresses of people they just KNOW will love to have their cars wrapped and get a big payday for it. They'll trust you! Yeah, right. Stupid, repulsive defendant who isn't allowed to have a bank account was all for it(and it doesn't matter how much of a complete loser he is, since there are scores of pitiful women out there waiting to snatch him up), because he needs money for weed and Marlboro Reds. Hambeast plaintiff, the other dummy who fell for this nonsense, has terrible grammar, doesn't know the difference between "weary" and "wary", falls for an idiotic scam that wouldn't fool a 12-year old, is dressed like an S&M ballet dancer, yet is put in charge of the mentally disabled. Oh, she also has such a temper and uncontrollable impulses that she vandalizes cars. I wonder how she treats patients who annoy her?

BTW, I just got an email from one Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, in the Office of the President of Nigeria, who is going to release my fund of 12.5million united state dollar to me. All I have to do is send 45$ to IBEJIOFOR CHARLES for delivery of my ATM card. I will now be rich, so I'll have better things to do and won't coming around here anymore! Bye!

10 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Dopey owner didn't need to blame Wyoming for being a plane fool.

Hee! But he comes from Cowboy Country, dontcha know? Cowboys always stand by their word, don't they? I guess he thought the round-headed, weasely, smirking little asshole def was Roy Rogers or something. Did he really think that little clown could buy a plane for 42K? Seeing so many people the age of the plaintiff who are totally "Duhhh" guillible/dumb is very disheartening.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, she also has such a temper and uncontrollable impulses that she vandalizes cars.

Yeah, but she uses sardines to vandalize them, so she's obviously conscious of her omega-3s. 

I think this was the second case this week where seafood was used to wreak vengeance on someone else's property.  Is that now a thing that's trending?

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

BTW, I just got an email from one Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, in the Office of the President of Nigeria, who is going to release my fund of 12.5million united state dollar to me. All I have to do is send 45$ to IBEJIOFOR CHARLES for delivery of my ATM card. I will now be rich, so I'll have better things to do and won't coming around here anymore! Bye!

You'll be deeply missed.  Maybe you can buy a bunch of houses next door to JJ's!  Be sure to plant some hedges just over her property lines.  And paint your side of the fence brown.  And let your pigs run loose in her yards.  See you on the show!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Before you AH-MOVE to Beverly Hills, Ima have to axe you to loan give me about ten grand until my tax rebate comes through. Just don't be sending me any texex harassing me about paying you back, 'kay?

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Yeah, but she uses sardines to vandalize them, so she's obviously conscious of her omega-3s. 

Snort!    That's priceless.  Who the heck even HAS sardines?

"Hmmm. I want to vandalize her car. What should I use? Let me check the pantry! Granola? Nah.  Mandarin oranges?  Nope. Peanut butter? No, that's not a healthy snack. Wait!  Sardines!"  On the outside. Yeah, that'll do it.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Quof said:

And they all have tip cups. The Hell?  You truly could not provide me with less service, as I make my way around the shop and fill my own cup, then add my own toppings, then place my own cup on the scale.   If they had self scan like the supermarkets, they wouldn't even need the surly teenage employees to make my change.

And you want a tip?  

Everyone has tip cups now, or puts a tip line on your receipt.  If all you are doing is handing me a bag, I am not tipping you.  Sorry.

• Love 5

^^ Blergh....  ^^

Of course, I'm also the old lady who writes checks at the grocery check out, so guess I really can't complain about quirks.  But I will say that my check is ALWAYS prefilled out before the total comes up!  So there.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Brattinella said:

OH!  He writes to me, too!

And here I thought I was so special!

8 hours ago, SandyToes said:

"Hmmm. I want to vandalize her car. What should I use? Let me check the pantry! Granola? Nah.  Mandarin oranges?  Nope. Peanut butter? No, that's not a healthy snack. Wait!  Sardines!"  On the outside. Yeah, that'll do it.

The Queen of Hearts (with an unfortunate, large cyst over her eye) hurling sardines would be hilairious, espeically since she threw them at dumbass def's brain-dead squeeze, if not for the fact that plaintiff has a job which puts her in a position of power over people who may not be able to complain about how idiotic and brutal she is.  The fact that she thought she was the least little bit cute makes me want to see her flogged with cans of sardines. I do like sardines on occasion, but will say I never used them as a weapon against some dim-witted, terminally desperate bitch who really had a hankering for my hopeless loser boyfriend.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Does anyone have an idea what the note says?

Found a clearer copy.  The note says, "We are happy to (can't figure out word) our friends and neighbors with the use of our lot.  Please ask in advance.  Thanks."

It sounds like, "We charge people to park here.  Next time, you're getting towed."

Edited by AZChristian
Found a clearer picture.
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Found a clearer copy.  The note says, "We are happy to (can't figure out word) our friends and neighbors with the use of our lot.  Please ask in advance.  Thanks."

It sounds like, "We charge people to park here.  Next time, you're getting towed."

Thanks, AZ!  Sounds like that to me, too.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Next time, you're getting towed."

To me, the most amazing part is that it says "you're" and not "your."  This kind of thing impresses me these days, to the point of being able to overlook peanut butter smeared on a car in retaliation.

I'm so very behind, but just watched Little Miss Mace Face, a 13-year old aggressive and belligerent child who looks 23, walks around carrying mace (with Mommy's approval) and gets to spend a lot of money having her eyebrows and nails done, and getting whatever that was on her head. Mom approves of all the stuff Ariana gets done to her exterior, yet knows and cares not that her daughter can't speak properly - "Me and her was." Oh, but that's the way mom speaks too. Another mom who knows exactly what happened even though she wasn't there, because HER child never, ever lies. *sigh*

Plaintiff was funny, with her chiropractor bills and her admission of seeing a lawyer who sent her to said chiropractor. I guess this lawyer automatically suggests this, even for a facial injury. Do these people think JJ was born yesterday?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

To me, the most amazing part is that it says "you're" and not "your."  This kind of thing impresses me these days, to the point of being able to overlook peanut butter smeared on a car in retaliation.

I want full credit. "You're getting towed" was my way of clarifying the written note on the windshield. I am equally impressed to see you place a period inside of the quotation mark.  ;-)

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I want full credit.

Full credit is *your's.*  In the "get a life" department,  I can now bitch endlessly about the serious abuse of the apostrophe, as sad as that is. Oh, sad, sad. "Basically" I'm, like,  impressed as well, considering I'm on my third glass of liqueur, which can and does impede my ability to write anything in an even slightly coherent way.

Disclaimer: Any and all typos and other screw ups I make I blame on the Devil drink. I've learned from watching JJ that nothing I do or say can be MY fault, can it?

By the way, I must mention I just watched the rerun of the bunch of aliens/misfits where the grotesque defendant, who used to work at Chucky Cheese -  and was probably fired for ingesting all the inventory - and then  was hired to care for mentally disabled people(What the actual fuck is going on with this? It's the second time this week we've seen brutal lunatics put in charge of helpless patients??) and let her sex offender boyfriend who wears an ankle bracelet  move in with her and her two young children. I did like how JJ's stink-eye and disdain for her had her blubbering and  slobbering crocodile tears in the hall, but hated how angry she made me feel. I mean, who cares if she moves a sexual predator in with children, as long as he bones this slob every night?

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:53 PM, Schnickelfritz said:

Let's all enjoy it... No imagination needed

I am now traumatized. The penis-head (are those testicles? Ewww!) said "SHANKER" for "chancre." Should a penis truly be giving advice on VD when it can't even pronounce the signs of disease?

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Miss Mace in the Face:  Why did JJ allow her to say, "I seen..."  a ridiculous number of times without correcting her?!!

I know, and every repetition had me gritting my teeth. The girl is illiterate but her eyebrows are perfectly shaped, something that will serve her well in her future endeavours. JJ doesn't bother correcting anyone she feels can't absorb the lesson and will just react with a " Duhh?"

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know, and every repetition had me gritting my teeth. The girl is illiterate but her eyebrows are perfectly shaped, something that will serve her well in her future endeavours. JJ doesn't bother correcting anyone she feels can't absorb the lesson and will just react with a " Duhh?"

And.......nice nails and hair for a 13-year-old!!!

• Love 4

"I didn't know what he would do to me, so I locked myself in the bathroom and then jumped out the window."

Uh huh. Meanwhile Ex Boyfriend or whatever has this chick on video throwing a phone at him and generally acting like a crazy woman because he said he was going to lend her money and then didn't. I think. Because she wanted to buy snacks. I think snacks is a code word for drugs. Just a guess.

• Love 8

I am pretty sure that snack-slattern was there to "get some money", and I'm fairly certain it was for a sexual act.  She mentioned it several times that she was ONLY there to get some money.  Although, drugs were definitely in the picture, too.

• Love 1

Was this a rerun? Orlando, jailbird who doesn't work and gets paid by the taxpayers to take care of his father (when did people require strangers to pay them to care for family members? Is this something fairly new?) but can afford 400$ headphones, doesn't want his former squeeze, Monteil - actually, I could swear "she" has an Adam's apple - around anymore, not even during a snack attack. Gee, if my ex-b/f had thrown me down into broken glass, I really doubt I'd be at his door making demands, no matter how hungry I was. Freaks - all of them. Nice video.

The woman who finagled with her contractor to get 6500$ from insurance to have him redo her bathroom, then fired him and looked for a cheaper worker so she could pocket the surplus money made herself look like a complete fool and a hustlah. "I don't know how much it will cost. I have no estimate and no bill. Just trust me on the amount." Okay, sure. Now GTFO.

• Love 3
On 23/09/2017 at 4:48 PM, stewedsquash said:

That family business/Canadian green card/ $20,000 accident money given to business/$20,000 loan for moving expenses NY to FL/$60,000 down payment on house/ divorce/ case was very confusing!

I disliked the fact that the defendant reinforced the stereotype of Canadians being soooo nice, to the point you can walk all over us. She paid for just about everything and she is the only one not living in the house now? Why can't she not evict them, especially the loathsome daughter who tried to paint her as some objectionable person for getting a green card? As if getting a permit to work legally in another country is a disreputable act. Or perhaps I should take a closer look at our staffer from the US who is working for us as a permanent resident in Canada.

• Love 3

Today's mother-daughter lawsuit.  Plaintiff suing her daughter for impound fees, after daughter's BF totaled the car and insurance didn't cover because BF didn't have a license.   The car stayed in an impound lot to the tune of almost $4K.

I'm not at all sure what was going on, but I do know that daughter did not repay mom the $2700 she paid for the car.  I'm not sure why mom would even allege that she did.  What would be the point? 

JJ didn't believe it either, and wasn't surprised when mom couldn't provide any evidence that a loan was repaid.

We don't know how old daughter was, but she must be under 18 or the car could have been in her name.  And she's already reproduced. 

• Love 6

Was just coming to comment on the mom/daughter duo.  Hustlahs, to be sure.  Mom's hallterview comment: "Darn (or dang?)."  Yep, looking for a hefty payout. She's out a car (totaled?) because baby daddy had to buy food (but didn't daughter say that he was NOT the boyfriend who crashed the car?) and couldn't be bothered to have a license. And I'd need to see proof that it was actually insured - on general principle, not because there was any chance they were going to pay. I'm pretty sure they were hoping JJ would spring for some fast cash to buy a new vehickle.

Orlando and his snack-crazy ex - I was most concerned about the 911 operator!  Wanting his whole personal resume before they sent anyone out? Admittedly, not really a 911 emergency, but still.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Today's mother-daughter lawsuit.  Plaintiff suing her daughter for impound fees, after daughter's BF totaled the car and insurance didn't cover because BF didn't have a license.   The car stayed in an impound lot to the tune of almost $4K.

I'm not at all sure what was going on, but I do know that daughter did not repay mom the $2700 she paid for the car.  I'm not sure why mom would even allege that she did.  What would be the point? 

JJ didn't believe it either, and wasn't surprised when mom couldn't provide any evidence that a loan was repaid.

We don't know how old daughter was, but she must be under 18 or the car could have been in her name.  And she's already reproduced. 

{violins playing in background} Poor girl, she had a c-section and her dr expressly told her not to drive! So baby-faced baby daddy defiantly said he had to get to work so he could feed his baby, license be damned!  Well, baby mama looked like to me that she was already well-equipped to feed her baby with her own dispensers. Oh, and There is NO way she paid her mama for the car. Too bad this baby-faced baby daddy didn't wreck baby mama's car with the teen joyriders who snuck out at midnight to drive defendant mom's truck in the previous case. There would have been so many issues that it could have taken up two episodes.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Orlando and his snack-crazy ex - I was most concerned about the 911 operator!  Wanting his whole personal resume before they sent anyone out? Admittedly, not really a 911 emergency, but still.

I was waiting for the 911 operator to ask him which he preferred - original or extra crispy?

16 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Orlando and his snack-crazy ex - I was most concerned about the 911 operator!  Wanting his whole personal resume before they sent anyone out?

It was my understanding that they dispatch a car right away and then start asking all these questions.  Is that right? I've never been attacked by anyone I dated, so never had to make such a call. I don't know why a crime victim's DOB would be relevant, but maybe in case the caller is  a minor? Just a guess.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Did I hear right?  The defendant in the payee case say that she gets Social Security because she has a gambling problem?  How does that work?

You heard right.  But how does that "disability" keep someone from working?  I don't understand either.  I can understand having a payee because of a gambling addiction.  She could have a legitimate disability (mental or physical) but requires someone to help manage her money because of the gambling.  But gambling itself as a disability?  The mind boggles.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Did I hear right?  The defendant in the payee case say that she gets Social Security because she has a gambling problem?  How does that work?

Arguably the weirdest hallterview ever.  Jelly donut?  What the heck?

I'd comment more but am going to race off to the casino!  Whoopee!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

But gambling itself as a disability?  The mind boggles.

My jaw also dropped when I heard this, but then again it is a logical consequence of the disease model for addiction, which is applied not only to chemical addictions but also to psychological ones like gambling. It absolves the addicts from responsibility and places the onus for taking care of them on the state.

That model is the subject of very valid scientific criticism, but it still the dominant one at present.

• Love 6

Oh, I loved the case of the def, wearing a suit he must have bought to accomodate his girth without taking into consideration his very short arms. Looked like he was wearing his daddy's clothes. Both litigants were civilized, but how def, who not very intelligently pointed out to JJ that his contract stated he could be given the boot at any time,  could appear here in front of millions of people, being shown up as a thief who allowed the doctor to pay HIS child supoort and then tried to weasel his way out of it, I don't know. If I were caught stealing 3500$ from anyone I'd make arrangements to pay back the money rather than tell the world what I did. That is, I'd do that if I didn't die of shame first.

Enjoyed the rerun of Mr. Ballou, wormy little shit who just loves  the bible, so much so that he sits in a blble study group until 11:00p.m. Sadly, his religious leanings don't stop him from breaking the law by having no driver's license or insurance - he didn't know he had no license, his insurance payment didn't go through, blah blah - lying about it, trying to duck his responsibility and blaming his stupid accident on someone else. I guess he needs to go to a few more study groups, if he ever gets his license back,  since he seems unclear about the whole concept. The self-declared religious people on this show are the worst people of all.

• Love 2
On 9/19/2017 at 4:59 AM, Quof said:

Don't worry, they have. There  is a 4th child. Can't figure out where he/she fits in the family order, since there was no mention of this child in court and she didn't appear to be pregnant.

Probably conceived while making the most  of the show-provided hotel accommodations. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3
On 9/21/2017 at 6:05 PM, stewedsquash said:

Probably unpopular opinion: I disliked the lady who sold the puppy to the 17/18 year old former student and think she should have eaten the cost of the vet bills for being a ridiculous busy body. If she is indeed a teacher, then she should have had the insight to know first, that the girl would probably need guidance about the dog and second, that there is no way she could have paid a $4,000 bill. Teacher had the gossipy information that the student was having some home life issues, living with her Grandma and got that out in the public's view now. I think the girl had nowhere to turn about getting the dog vet attention at the beginning (which to me is understandable! she had no adult support to speak of, not a lot of money from her job). Then I think the teacher put undo pressure on her to go ahead with the costly medical care. What I think should have happened is that teacher should have kindly told the girl that she would return the cost of purchasing the dog to her, and then take the dog back, and then she should have taken care of the $4,000 vet bill herself. 

I probably have some details wrong but something about the teacher just got my wonky radar glowing. Sometimes you set young people up to make yourself look like the better person; I think that happened here. She is a busy body.

She annoyed me from the start. She says her dog has a litter of puppies ocassionally. Then it turns out it's once a year. 

If it's the same mother dog, thats way too often. She's in it for the money. But convinced herself it's all about the puppies. I think she was upset because this poor puppy with its horrible infected leg, made her realize that not every puppy she collects hundreds of dollars for gets to live out its life being loved in a happy home, most probably have a pretty sad and short life.  Backyard breeder.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3

I think it was the case with the cousin who was suing for her home downpayment---there was a brunette young woman sitting behind the Defendant who was preening and mugging for the camera.  Distracting as hell.  And I was surprised that the Plaintiff was awarded the 5K.  If she was delinquent with 4 months worth of mortgage payments then she clearly needed to be evicted and I wouldn't have returned her whole downpayment either.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Arguably the weirdest hallterview ever.  Jelly donut?  What the heck?

Weirdest and one of the BEST interviews! I can't believe they saved that for the end -- that was a goldmine worth exploring for an entire episode. "I can't afford extra jelly donuts." 

10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Just watching the gambling addict here.  She appears to be only capable of spending her income on lottery tickets.  Can't imagine her card counting or figuring out the craps table.

Ah...don't forget slot machines. The only brain cell involved in that game is the one that tells you to push the "spin" button.

This business of blaming others for one's personal issues, failings & wrong doings is just out of control.  And we can see by the parade of litigants on JJ, this isn't just a millennial affliction.  Ms. Ineeda Jelly Donut was not born in the 90's or 00's.  There are plenty of losers of all ages passing through this show who have figured out how to blame the rest of society for THEIR failure to get an education, or learn a trade, or hold down a job, or correctly use birth control, or save money to feed/clothe themselves over spending limited funds on titty tats, hair extensions, bags of weed or chrome rims.  It's always someone else's fault. Therefore it has become the expectation that the rest of us who worked to earn what we have, and struggle to maintain budgets, and can successfully juggle complex lives filled with friends, family and household chores, must pick up the slack and GIVE these morons what they can't get for themselves. 

I'm 50 years old.  I have an 11 year old daughter. Anytime she pulls out the "It's not my fault!", I tell her the facts: You choose the action, you choose the consequence. You are responsible for your decisions, so think about what you say or do BEFORE you say or do it. Unlike Lil Miss Mace Face's mom, I do not allow my kid to get away with outrageous behavior ( "outrageous" in our house is slamming doors during a tantrum rather than physical assault of an immobile stranger, FYI).

I consider myself a fiscal conservative, but a social liberal.  I don't subscribe to 'all or nothing' political parties.  I did not vote for either candidate in the last Presidential election. So please don't attribute my comments to either side of the political fence.  I'm just very angry about the state of things when it comes to our growing "Nanny State" attitude.

Our various social systems are very broken and no one is monitoring cases for fraud or questionable activities.  I  believe as a society, we should be responsible for helping our more fragile neighbors; the mentally challenged, veterans, the elderly, kids born to drug abusers, etc.  Some of the excuses these lazy, manipulative, system abusing users proudly and publicly tell the JJ audience just enrages me.   How did "I gamble." become the equivalent to "I lost 2 legs and an arm in Afghanistan" as far as receiving tax payer assistance?  How is it now MY responsibility to care for your 8 kids by 6 different baby daddies because you didn't use birth control after baby #2 or 3?  It's no wonder we have become such an angry divided country. 

• Love 19

BusyOctober - Amen! I've been saying for at least ten years everything you just said, although not nearly so coherently. My observation then and now is that political correctness is destroying civilization. No one must ever be taken to account for anything they do.  It was when I started watching JJ that the magnitude of the "It's not my fault" problem.  I just mentioned the perfect example of Mr. Ballou - he's a mature adult but hitting a parked car and driving with no license or insurance was NOT HIS FAULT.

15 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

How is it now MY responsibility to care for your 8 kids by 6 different baby daddies because you didn't use birth control after baby #2 or 3? 

I actually saw a woman on some news site who has 15 kids and is living in a motel. She said, in a most indignant tone, "Somebody's got to take care of my kids."  Why should it be her or any of the sperm donors. Better give Byrd a call! He won't mind a few more dependants.

Me: Flummoxed

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

BusyOctober - Amen! I've been saying for at least ten years everything you just said, although not nearly so coherently. My observation then and now is that political correctness is destroying civilization. No one must ever be taken to account for anything they do.  It was when I started watching JJ that the magnitude of the "It's not my fault" problem.  I just mentioned the perfect example of Mr. Ballou - he's a mature adult but hitting a parked car and driving with no license or insurance was NOT HIS FAULT.

I actually saw a woman on some news site who has 15 kids and is living in a motel. She said, in a most indignant tone, "Somebody's got to take care of my kids."  Why should it be her or any of the sperm donors. Better give Byrd a call! He won't mind a few more dependants.

Me: Flummoxed

This article by former Mayor Ed Koch is from 1988.  Quoting from the last paragraph:

"But I do know this: When rights without responsibilities become the order of the day, we encourage a social breakdown that will harm us in ways yet unimagined. There is a limit to what government can and should do in a democracy. No city or state can be expected to protect adults from themselves. If that is the course we choose for our society, then nothing can protect us from each other."

• Love 9

I can only walk with a rollator and can't work and  yet I CANNOT get disability because I was out of work too long TAKING CARE OF MY FATHER WITH ALZHEIMERS.    I was making $10/hour at my last job; how much do you think it would cost to get an Alzheimers caregiver per hour, or should I have left Dad to wander in the streets?  Oh, well, maybe I should develop an addiction to slots?!?

• Love 11

Hugs to @basiltherat! You do know that your peeps here would happily borrow you the money when our "tax returns" come in! For real, though, wishing you strength and all good things.  I think it's exactly the point @BusyOctober was trying to make.  And why so many "contestants" on this show make so many of us craaaaazy, and why @AngelaHunter and I drink so much when we watch.  Heh. 

Was wandering through Walmart the other day (hey, it's what I do.)  Saw a giant stack of cheese ball TUBS. Huge, round, massive things full of orange powdery goo.  If only I knew which episode they were for!!  Didn't it involve having to put them on the seat of the car for some reason?

In the rerun department, we had the show with both Dr. Bader and Mister Bader on the same episode.  Just how many times did she refer to Mister Bader?  (And we had another one like that last week, right?)  This was the one where the mom got mad when she couldn't be with her baby after his tonsils were taken out, during dad's scheduled time. She went nuts and attacked step mom's car.   JJ told him to take her back to court for full custody with only supervised visits for the mom.  Sure hope he did.  She was a certifiable mess. Loved JJ waving the photos of her with the car every time she mumbled, "I didn't do it."

• Love 4