Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

It took me a while to catch up on the new episodes.  However, I am super excited that we are getting new episodes, and some of them are just great.  And, by just great, I mean they sure are entertaining and enlightening.  Grandma and the tombstone just irked me so much.  If she wanted to direct the spending of the insurance, she should have put the policy into her own name.  Plus, she transferred the benefits to the defendant which then meant she (grandma) had no rights whatsoever to make demands on how the defendant spent the insurance.  On top of that, she just came off unhinged when there was proof that there was a new tombstone in place that had his name spelled correctly.  When JJ asked her what else she wanted, she stated the grandson's entire name, and there it was.  Then she had the nerve to say that she wanted beloved son, grandson, etc. also included on the tombstone.  I have no idea what she wanted other than dictating exactly how the defendant spent the insurance money.

Regarding the cutting of the trees, I thought the house actually looked better after the trees had been taken out.  Crepe Myrtles can be really messy, and some people do take them out.  However, the home owner was wrong when he said that everyone knows that you cut (prune) the entire top.  Clemson University's agriculture department informs people that the flat-top cutting actually hurts the tree and reduces the next season's growth.  They recommend other ways to trim/prune the trees.  And, the miscommunication was totally on the homeowner, especially as this was the first time he worked with this landscaper.  

• Love 1
Just now, Brattinella said:

One of them was the neon-haired behemoth who, with her EIGHT children, destroyed their section 8 house.  She absolutely denied that her kids trashed the house, and was smirking! UGH!

Eight kids, huh? 

She must be some looker.

22 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Eight kids, huh? 

She must be some looker.

I will have you know she has the requisite chest tattoo to go with the neon hair.

JJ ticked me off today with the woman who co-signed for her niece's husband's car.  JJ didn't seem to grasp that the whole point of a cosigner was to have someone else on the hook if the primary defaults. She kept snarling that the bank would attach the guy's paycheck. Sure, but they're also going to hit up the cosigner.

• Love 5

The defendant in this case has a Band Aid or something over her left eyebrow. I can't see why, because her face isn't bruised or anything, so she wasn't in a fight, and it isn't like they haven't shown people with rings in various places on their faces before. I are confuzzled.

Also, the plaintiff and JJ keep saying "SMUD", which I've never heard of, and I keep hearing 'smut'. Oof.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 4

She absolutely denied that her kids trashed the house, and was smirking! UGH!

Actually, she freely admitted the little hooligans (ages 4-15, no twins) trashed the house.   They played basketball in the house, and otherwise did whatever they wanted, because she worked.  You don't expect her to supervise her children, or pay for proper childcare, or teach the little buggers to behave, do you? 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

The defendant in this case has a Band Aid or something over her left eyebrow. I can't see why, because her face isn't bruised or anything, so she wasn't in a fight, and it isn't like they haven't shown people with rings in various places on their faces before. I are confuzzled.

Also, the plaintiff and JJ keep saying "SMUD", which I've never heard of, and I keep hearing 'smut'. Oof.

At my age, I saw the band-aid and figured she'd had a mole or something removed.

SMUD is Sacramento's community-owned, not-for-profit electric service, delivering on the promise of public power since 1946.

• Love 4
On 8/30/2017 at 6:26 PM, Mondrianyone said:

I also don't get what the deal was with taking life insurance policies out on all her grandsons (not granddaughters, if there were any?).  How on earth would the boys benefit?  It feels weirdly like a lottery, where the payoff is that the young men die.

There are two main reasons you would do this

1. it's a whole life policy so after a certain period you would get an certain amount of money after the term is up, even if you are alive.  It if a form of investment. You would make a lot more money if actually invested it, but if you get a good/pushy salesman you,  he may convince you it is a good deal.  

2. If  a parent/grandparent purchases for the kids, it's pretty cheap.  And when the term is up, the child can usually renew without any hassle or health screening.  Good option if there is a possibility of family illnesses in the future.

Edited by ElleMo
3 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Probably covering a tattoo.

• Love 1

Geeze Louise!

I just saw the one with the eight kids. I have questions. So many questions.

Why was the defendant bristling with anger? She is married, working, and having her rent paid buy the state.

What does she have to be angry about? Her kids trashed the house. The excuse that kids will do whatever they want when their parents aren't around is pretty lame. Where was the dad? We know he lives there. Does he work as well? If not, why isn't he watching his kids? If so, why can't they pay even partial rent? 

How are kids that bad? Looks like she doesn't take responsibility for anything. Not the cost of raising those kids, parenting them, or even setting boundaries. Granted, I don't have a litter of children, but my son doesn't start shooting hockey pucks in the living room the minute I go out! We have rules people! And why would you want to destroy your own environment? Who wants to live like that?

If Section 8 approved the move, and inspected the property like the plaintiff said, why are they living in a hotel? I think the landlord told Section 8 the home was being sold as is because the buyer was planning to remodel. 

The landlord was shady as well. I don't believe for a minute she made those repairs. If she did, why would she have to lower the price of the house because of the poor condition?

Plaintiff should never have gotten the security back though. If that's what she's pissy about, she needs to start paying her own way for a while. If she has to drag herself to a job she hates in order to pay her own rent for a few years, she might appreciate help when it's offered. Let's see how long she lets the boys play basketball in the house when it belongs to her. I bet she'll teach them manners right quick.

Why in the world would anyone be expected to pay her moving expenses? Her behavior caused the landlord to sell the house and get out of the rental business! She created the situation and now, again, wants someone else to be responsible. "Poor me. I have eight kids I can't control. Eight kids I can't feed, and eight kids I can't house. I'm living in a hotel because I was done wrong." Boo Hoo. Give me a break.

I totally understand that people fall on hard times and need help from time to time. I get it. We've had some rough patches. It's great that we live in a civilized society where a safety net is available. But I think the idea is to get help, get better, and move on.

I just don't get the attitude. If you can't take care of the kids you have, stop having more! Does no one take responsibility for their own situation?  

• Love 10
22 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Eight kids, huh? 

She must be some looker.

I just watched this. I'm sure Byrd doesn't mind footing the bills for this garguantuan, tatted up breeder sow with the Ronald McDonald dye job who does nothing but screw and squirt out babies and get handouts and trash her dwellings. Why not? It's not like she, or her prolific sperm donor ever have to pay for anything. Her ugly smirk was so annoying. It's too bad plaintiff, ("Why, no. I never thought about bringing my evidence with me TODAY! Do people do that?") couldn't get her shit together and win anything. I shouldn't have watched this. The "Yeah, I decided to have eight kids so someone has to pay for us to live somewhere" attitude makes me nuts, well, nuttier than I usually am.

NIcole, looking hard-ridden and put away wet, suing her former friend with the stitched up eyebrow: Both of them were repugnant and either of them deserved a penny and made me marvel yet again why anyone would want to be a landlord.

Dillon, young widower who wanted a better car and a cool motorcyle so stuck his deceased wife's cousin with the bill for the old car: At first I thought the plaintiff was a total bitch, but then upon listening to Dillon my first impression was that he's moonlighting as a male prostitute, although of course I"m probably wrong. He just has that dissipated look. Loved his large new squeeze who sat there bursting out of her tight, babydoll-like, lowcut top. A child is being subjected to life with those two. *weeps* Everybody under the sun is demanding rights these days. Too bad babies have none.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The "Yeah, I decided to have eight kids so someone has to pay for us to live somewhere" attitude makes me nuts, well, nuttier than I usually am.

Everybody under the sun is demanding rights these days. Too bad babies have none.

And I think you've hit on the exact reason JJ is getting crankier and crankier as the seasons progress.  Granted, she receives 47 million dollars to listen to this nonsense but I think it proves that everyone has a limit. 

JJ might have heard one too many child support, tenant/landlord, old bags wanting to cash in on grandchild's suicide, JACK!!, dog bite, dog breeding, car notes, cellphone disputes, rims, barroom brawls and fender bender cases to give a damn anymore.

Couple that with litigants whose hair hasn't seen its natural color since Moses was a freshman, boobs with unsavory tats hanging on their stomachs, piercing any body part that can hang a hoop the size of a basketball rim, polyester anything, chewing gum, hands in pockets, the words "um, like, basically and knowwhatisayin" and apparently names that include a "dash" and I think her limit has been reached and stretched.

How that woman hasn't taken the faux gavel and hit someone over the head or shoved it up someone's bum is beyond me.

And after that rant I must retire to the kitchen to find wine, pretzels and some cheese.

2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

there is a way to fix it but no one has the balls or manpower to do it.

I have a way to fix it (and I have a feeling JJ might as well), but it would be illegal.

ETA:

JJ might have heard one too many child support, tenant/landlord, old bags wanting to cash in on grandchild's suicide, JACK!!, dog bite, dog breeding, car notes, cellphone disputes, rims, barroom brawls and fender bender cases to give a damn anymore.

Don't forget the knuckle-dragging "Me and her had went" cretins.  I think at this point that bothers me more than anything, except for lowlife, indiscriminate breeders - of children AND dogs.

Edited again for spelling. The wine and Drambuie, ya know.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 7
On 8/30/2017 at 3:26 PM, Mondrianyone said:

It feels weirdly like a lottery, where the payoff is that the young men die.

I wonder about that sometimes when the Gerber Grow-Up Plan ads run.

HDMI cables can be found for around $5 if you look - I walked out on a $600 TV purchase when the salesguy was pushing $30 Monster HDMIs and said he "couldn't let you leave with cheap cables". I went "well, you're going to let me leave with no TV" and found one elsewhere.

But yeah, most people have spent crazy money on them.

JJ pulls name shenanigans? As the possessor of a double first name, that's my hot button. I won't even respond if you call me by only half of it - it doesn't register as "me" any more than an entirely different name would. It's my legal first name, too. No excuses.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 2

Trying to catch up here. I enjoyed the translator episode, if only because both litigants teach English, so I was assured there would be no murder or even mutiliation of the language, although the case was not overly interesting and the def. was a "show and tell" windbag who was trying to advertise his dreary book here.

It was surreal going from that to the two revolting, mouth-breathing, moronic and slobbish brothers. Just what IS it these days with the use boiling water to make a point in a difference of opinion, anyway? JJ seemed surprised that the def. would eat 4 eggs at a time. Really, he could suck up a dozen, along with a  pound of bacon and it wouldn't even take the edge off for him and hey, Mom is paying the food bill so why not go there every morning and devour everything that isn't locked away?  Anyway, it seemed English was a fifth language for them. The plethora of "like" and "bas'cly" made my head spin, and you'd think I'd be used to it by now.

JJ: "Whose cigarettes were they?"
Overstuffed, unemployed, lazy Slob #1 who blobs out in bed while Mom works to feed him but he can afford cigarettes: "Mines."

He "stopped working" you see. I guess he was living on the proceeds from his varied portfolio of shrewd investments. God, they were disgusting.

My heart broke for Byrd. I really hope he had some hand sanitizer handy, after being forced to allowed the moobed, dirty looking Def. Slob to put his pudgy, greasy paws on him. Eww. Gross. Yuck.

"You cut down my Crepe Myrtles!" This whole thing could have been avoided had the plaintiff been possessed of the most basic spelling skills. In his mind, "Stack" means "Stake" but that is meaningless (why would anyone "stake" a mature tree?)  He said it could be translated as "Stack." Whatever. Learn how to spell. Goodbye.

Kristin: "I paid INSURANCE on the car I was driving!! Look! See! I paid it!  I paid for the car too but I didn't bring that evidence today!" STFU. Get stuffed and oh, STFU, you beast.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

My heart broke for Byrd. I really hope he had some hand sanitizer handy, after being forced to allowed the moobed, dirty looking Def. Slob to put his pudgy, greasy paws on him. Eww. Gross. Yuck.

Thanks for this reminder AngelaHunter. 

Does anyone else get skeeved with JJ touches the litigants' phones?  Not to reiterate my rant above but a large portion of those people are cruddy.  Why she would touch anyone's phone is beyond me.  People take phones in the bathroom....

I'd have a box of the steri-gloves on my desk.  Not that I look at anyone's phone at work but I do feel much more comfortable having them "ready'. 

JJ should do the same.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, PsychoKlown said:

How that woman hasn't taken the faux gavel and hit someone over the head or shoved it up someone's bum is beyond me.

I always thought that, unlike Judge Milian on TPC, JJ doesn't have a gavel because she knows she'd probably hurl it at a litigant after her final warning to stop saying "basically" or to put the water down is ignored.

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Does anyone else get skeeved with JJ touches the litigants' phones? 

No. Never occured to me. It's usually only when Byrd has to let any of the particularly greasy/sweaty/oily looking little creeps in grimy t-shirts touch him to demonstrate how they conducted their disgusting "physical altercations" that it skeeves me right out.  When that rippling, Jabba slimeball grabbed his wrists with hands that probably felt like two giant slugs, I actually said "Eww!" out loud.

• Love 6
On 8/26/2017 at 5:43 PM, Brattinella said:

I would hate to tell you how much we have spent on our cat for medical stuff.  And she started out as a two-week-old kitten screaming in our yard.  Never any question as to taking her to the vet.  All our pets have had the very best medical care, I just can't understand NOT taking care of them.

i have an uncle who is one of the biggest cheapskates on the planet. He rinses and reuses his generic Saran Wrap (for those who have never tried it, it's easier said than done) and complains because his wife refuses to do the same.  Even his pets are taken to the vet for regular checkups and whenever they're not well, including the late-night trips to the emergency vet that are not inexpensive. He even shelled out God knows how much  for a dog to have cataract surgery on both eyes before he was all the way through his medical residency and, hence, not earning much. If you are going to have pets, you take care of them, period, or you are pond scum.  That doesn't necessarily mean, for the sake of argument, that you have to fork over thousands for surgery on a fourteen-year-old dog if you are truly of humble means, but you do what can be done to see that your animal is at least comfortable before you feed yourself.

• Love 8
On 8/26/2017 at 4:42 PM, AngelaHunter said:

You are not alone. But this case raised another question for me. I remember the case of the goofy Aussie and the equally goofy South African, getting into a "physical altercation" over a lawnmower. This happened in Minnesota. I"m kind of bemused when I see people from far-flung places on the globe, ending up in some small town in MN. New York, Miami, Los Angeles - I understand all that since those are well-known and even famous places. Are there really people in Africa and Australia thinking,  "I just can't wait to get to Elk Horn Lake, MN - the Promised Land!"? LIke, how would they even know such a place exists? It's like where I live - not many poeple would know it exists, never mind planning to move here.

Lutheran Social Services is involved in bringing them here. They usually start out in the Twin Cities, but many immigrants who don't speak English well end up in smaller towns where there are meat processing plants. Although I do remember the Aussie and South African case, and I admit I also have no clue why they picked MN. 

As soon as I heard the first words, I hit FF. Asking for prayers for her dog? A vet is out of the question for someone who can afford a computer and internet access and plenty of food yet can't take her suffering animal to a vet? I knew I didn't want to hear this, lest it raise my blood pressure. I heard this BS ad nauseum when I was doing rescue. "I couldn't afford to get my cat spayed, so you need to take all the kittens resulting from my total irresponsible assholery!" JFC! People can magically afford all the things they want and which give them pleasure. No one enjoys paying vet bills, I know, but if you don't want to pay to properly care for your pet, don't get any!

I do believe she would have euthanized the dog, although, according to her, she didn't have the money so maybe she would have surrendered the dog altogether. I am not sure what happens in that situation? 

On 8/26/2017 at 4:42 PM, AngelaHunter said:
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I always thought that, unlike Judge Milian on TPC, JJ doesn't have a gavel because she knows she'd probably hurl it at a litigant after her final warning to stop saying "basically" or to put the water down is ignored.

Huh!

I honestly thought JJ had a gavel and gavel base tucked to the right of her desk.  I must be confusing this with JM. 

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I honestly thought JJ had a gavel and gavel base tucked to the right of her desk. 

NO. She has a fly swatter, but that would work. "Byrd, do me a favour. Take this fly swatter and go slap the stupid out of that idiot. Thanks."

2 hours ago, stephinmn said:

I do believe she would have euthanized the dog,

No way would she have paid for that. It's expensive to have vets kill your pets when you're too fucking disgusting to have them treated when you could use that money for fast food. She would have dropped him/her off at a shelter and let them kill the dog for free.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, remmybrat said:

The last time I had to euthanize my dog the vet did not charge me any thing. It broke my heart to have her put down but it was the right thing to do. She had cancer.

At that point, having the dog euthanized was probably the only thing that could be done to keep him or her out of pain.

• Love 3

NO. She has a fly swatter, but that would work. "Byrd, do me a favour. Take this fly swatter and go slap the stupid out of that idiot. Thanks."

No way would she have paid for that. It's expensive to have vets kill your pets when you're too fucking disgusting to have them treated when you could use that money for fast food. She would have dropped him/her off at a shelter and let them kill the dog for free.

People.do.that? I wish she didn't have the dog anymore. 

• Love 2

I once found a cat in severe distress in my garage.  It was puking and convulsing and it was horrifying in the extreme.  I picked up that cat and drove way too fast to my local vet, and had it put down while I waited.  I could do nothing else. :(

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, remmybrat said:

It broke my heart to have her put down but it was the right thing to do. She had cancer.

I had to do the same thing with my dog, for the same reason. That's different than someone walking in and saying, "Kill my dog/cat. I don't want to pay vet bills to take care of his illness. That's a big bore and I could use that money for the latest IPhone!" Or (which I actually heard with my own ears in my local vet waiting room.  Someone asked this woman why her dog - who was lying trustingly at her feet - was at the vet. She said, "Well... he's getting old, having trouble on the stairs and he's no fun anymore so he's here to be "euthanized." I am not kidding. Euthanization is only for when the animal is suffering a terminal illness or had an accident for which there is no recovery and is dying in pain. Other than that, the proper term is "killed", not "euthanized." Anyway, when that woman gets old and is no fun anymore, I hope her family abandons her in some totally disreputable and abusive old folk's home.

Anyway, today's contractor case? I was interested since I just had my own bathroom renovated. I didn't know if I should laugh or scream upon hearing that plaintiff is "retired", can't work and collects disability. Contracting work is no problem, I guess, just work that requires payment on the books with deductions. Unbelievable! Doing siding, tiling and plumbing is no problem for him, disabled though he is. I saw the guys doing my bathroom, lifting boxes of tiles so heavy I couldn't even drag them across the floor, carrying a marble countertop and vanity upstairs, sledghammering old tiles, etc etc. I really doubt they could have done any of that had they been truly disabled.  This show really makes me wonder why on earth I spent my whole life getting up early and going to work, even when I was sick or injured, paying my own rent, utilities, food etc. when I could have gotten strangers to foot the bills for all that, and had enough left over for fake nails, hair, tats, jewelry, giant fishtanks, pricey beds, giant screen TVs and all the other real necessities of life.

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I had to do the same thing with my dog, for the same reason. That's different than someone walking in and saying, "Kill my dog/cat. I don't want to pay vet bills to take care of his illness. That's a big bore and I could use that money for the latest IPhone!" Or (which I actually heard with my own ears in my local vet waiting room.  Someone asked this woman why her dog - who was lying trustingly at her feet - was at the vet. She said, "Well... he's getting old, having trouble on the stairs and he's no fun anymore so he's here to be "euthanized." I am not kidding. Euthanization is only for when the animal is suffering a terminal illness or had an accident for which there is no recovery and is dying in pain. Other than that, the proper term is "killed", not "euthanized." Anyway, when that woman gets old and is no fun anymore, I hope her family abandons her in some totally disreputable and abusive old folk's home.

Anyway, today's contractor case? I was interested since I just had my own bathroom renovated. I didn't know if I should laugh or scream upon hearing that plaintiff is "retired", can't work and collects disability. Contracting work is no problem, I guess, just work that requires payment on the books with deductions. Unbelievable! Doing siding, tiling and plumbing is no problem for him, disabled though he is. I saw the guys doing my bathroom, lifting boxes of tiles so heavy I couldn't even drag them across the floor, carrying a marble countertop and vanity upstairs, sledghammering old tiles, etc etc. I really doubt they could have done any of that had they been truly disabled.  This show really makes me wonder why on earth I spent my whole life getting up early and going to work, even when I was sick or injured, paying my own rent, utilities, food etc. when I could have gotten strangers to foot the bills for all that, and had enough left over for fake nails, hair, tats, jewelry, giant fishtanks, pricey beds, giant screen TVs and all the other real necessities of life.

.....and cans of cheese balls!

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 3

Why did Judge Judy get so angry at the defendant in the contractor case?  I didn't see her doing anything that wrong.  She had a legitimate dispute about the work the guy did and while she should have done a partial payment, she wasn't busy scamming the government for disability after 13 years of "public service".

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, quarkuud said:

Why did Judge Judy get so angry at the defendant in the contractor case?

I don't know what happened. She was sympathetic to her until nearly the end, even saying that it hurt her to have to order def to pay plaintiff something, then did a 180. Must have been something on her desk that she hadn't seen up until then that made her think def was a hustlah too... ? I notice def didn't seemed indignant or shocked at being called such, as I would have been.

• Love 3

I reached that point with this show last year, spring of 2016.  I don't remember what the case was about because I was only half paying attention.  And I'm not sure I want to know now.  All I remember is that the defendants were a couple in their early-mid 60s who in the course of their testimony described how they pulled off to the side of the highway to pick up used and discarded meth-making supplies.  At that time I was about 1/3rd of the way through a biography of Edith Wharton.  I really could not reconcile the world that these people inhabited with the one inhabited by Mrs. Wharton.  What would she say?  Or think?  If she got into a time machine and visited me, and we were watching Judge Judy together, how would I explain this to her?  

The show hasn't been the same since.

• Love 5

She must be some looker.

bwah. I first read this as "hooker".

JJ ticked me off today with the woman who co-signed for her niece's husband's car.  JJ didn't seem to grasp that the whole point of a cosigner was to have someone else on the hook if the primary defaults. She kept snarling that the bank would attach the guy's paycheck. Sure, but they're also going to hit up the cosigner.

I too was puzzled by her attitude on this one. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, quarkuud said:

Why did Judge Judy get so angry at the defendant in the contractor case?  I didn't see her doing anything that wrong.  She had a legitimate dispute about the work the guy did and while she should have done a partial payment, she wasn't busy scamming the government for disability after 13 years of "public service".

I wondered about that, too.  I was also surprised that she didn't make him specify what "public service" meant--she usually doesn't have much patience for vaguenesses like that.  The other oversight that surprised me was about the amount of money he expected to earn in the amount of time that job was supposed to take.  He said at the outset that he was allowed to earn $720 a month without having to report it to SSI.  But he started that bathroom job at the beginning of January and projected finishing it at the end of March.  So that's three months into $3,850--which comes out to $1,280+ per month.  Almost twice what he claimed was legal without reporting it.  If she was so disgusted with his fraud, she should've made him say out loud on TV what he was earning so that anyone from SSI who was watching could make the necessary adjustments.  The crazy thing (and what always amazes me) is that this is the guy who brought the suit, and this is the guy who'd be admitting on TV that he was scamming the system--and yet he seemed to have no problem with that.  Do any of these people ever consider the skeletons they'll be letting out of their own closets before they show up in America's living rooms?  It's nuts.

18 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I once found a cat in severe distress in my garage.  It was puking and convulsing and it was horrifying in the extreme.  I picked up that cat and drove way too fast to my local vet, and had it put down while I waited.  I could do nothing else. :(

When we were still living in NYC, we used to see a cat sitting in a window right beside the basement entrance to our building.  One day we saw a cat who looked very much like her crying and pacing frantically on the sidewalk outside that window with one of her rear legs dangling behind her.  She'd obviously gotten out through the screen and been hit by a car.  We scooped her up and brought her to the door of her owner, the building drunk.  He vehemently denied she was his cat.  This in spite of the fact that he couldn't produce his cat when we asked to see her.  So we took her in and determined to get her to a vet, even though we were young and poor.  We found an organization that helped strays, and one of their vet affiliates set her broken leg and put her in a cast, for half his normal fee.  We kept her until she was as healed as she was going to get (we named her Peg, for her peg leg), and then we found her a good home.  Sometimes I think there was a little hitch in the evolutionary path of people where most of us went one way and the ones who didn't get their full dose (or any dose) of humanity went the other.  I'm always so happy to hear stories that confirm my faith in the larger group. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Sarcastico said:

I really could not reconcile the world that these people inhabited with the one inhabited by Mrs. Wharton.  What would she say?  Or think?  If she got into a time machine and visited me, and we were watching Judge Judy together, how would I explain this to her?

I know exactly what you mean. I often find this show surreal, e.g. JJ asking of some nutty bitch, "So what did you do after he got drunk and knocked all your front teeth out?" It's difficult to reconcile these kinds of low class/no class shenanigans with the world I inhabit, never mind Mrs. Wharton or others of her ilk.

Sometimes it's comparable to watching a National Geographic about, oh - the doings inside a giant anthill, for example. The ants are much more civilized, but the way they live is just as alien and puzzling to me as are the ways most of our litigants live. They dwell in a bizzaro half-world where no one ever really owns anything, things/rent is bartered for food stamps, old cars are swapped around like baseball cards, and everything is in someone else's name. No one "lives" anywhere, they just "stay" here and there and just "find out" they're pregnant as though there's no way to prevent that.  No one has bank accounts or writes checks - they all go to the utility companies and give grubby handfuls of cash, well - when they actually pay bills or haven't stuck them in their "kidses" names.  It's a place where, when a man is asked if he's ever been arrested, he rolls his eyes and answers, "Yeah, sure. Of course I've been arrested." Who hasn't?

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

It's a place where, when a man is asked if he's ever been arrested, he rolls his eyes and answers, "Yeah, sure. Of course I've been arrested." Who hasn't?

And when asked how many times, can't give a number, just a vague guess. Well, what were you arrested for? And the answer is, which time?

• Love 2

What an ANNOYING plaintiff the platinum blonde is!  And she WOULD keep on talking after JJ told her she was not believable.  Seriously, girl, you ARE pretty, but that is not gonna go far in life if your personality tips the scales in the opposite direction.

Ms Kraft was her name.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

What an ANNOYING plaintiff the platinum blonde is!  And she WOULD keep on talking after JJ told her she was not believable.  Seriously, girl, you ARE pretty, but that is not gonna go far in life if your personality tips the scales in the opposite direction.

Ms Kraft was her name.

She had beady eyes.  

Shifty beady eyes.

Tiffany? Tiffany Laffoon? Oh, never mind. I was going to ask WTF made you so enamoured of that clownish, pepper-faced goon def that you - a nurse - figured you didn't need no stinkin' birth control and wanted to breed with that. But, and I know you may think you're unique but you're just one more pathetic female in the huge parade of ridiculous, desperate women who figure anything male that's actually breathing is better than nothing. You're wrong, dear. The very very best part is that he was CHEATING on her. Yes. There are other women who really want that buck-toothed freak with the silly perma-grin who pays for "stuff" when he can and if he can, for the children he helped bring into the world. I don't remember it being this way when I was young. Was it? Not one of my friends got knocked up from some ludicrous loser and became a sainted "single mother" not even when they were very young and foolish, never mind when they were grown women. The older I get the less I understand.

• Love 10

Of all people you would think that a girl who's a nurse,with a career,& her own home would be on some kind of birth control? Especially when the guy has 2 other children he doesn't support! It just baffles me the amount of people on this show who end up pregnant so early on in the relationship & are so shocked months later that things didn't work out & cry boo-boo cause they have to deal with this person for 18 years. (If they are actually lucky and the father steps up/ mother doesn't run off) 

I feel sad for the babies who grow up with parents who have shared custody,going back & forth every weekend,split holidays,etc. Never getting To experience family life,such as living in a home with your mom & dad (and siblings) AT THE SAME TIME! 

Instead they grow up knowing they were only born because mommy & daddy were careless having orgasms ignoring the repercussions of unprotected sex.

**I'm not judging everyone in this situations,just mostly people we see on JJ" 

• Love 9

I got behind in my watching, and finally set the DVR to record only new eps, because I was getting 4 or 5 a day sometimes, most of which were repeats, and it was piling up way too fast.

Nasty Life Insurance grandma was a piece of work.  I googled the kid's name, and lo and behold found a Gofundme page for his funeral expenses.   It raise around $1800 of a $3000 goal.  It was put up by someone who said they were a friend of the kid's mom.  Grandma contributed $100.   Someone who watches the show commented on the page "Insurance paid for his funeral".  Thought it was funny.  There was an update by the person who started the page saying they would be having a 2nd service or some such thing, which made me feel even more empathy for the fiancée.  I'd bet with money that I don't have that she's probably being blamed for his suicide.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I got behind in my watching, and finally set the DVR to record only new eps, because I was getting 4 or 5 a day sometimes, most of which were repeats, and it was piling up way too fast.

Nasty Life Insurance grandma was a piece of work.  I googled the kid's name, and lo and behold found a Gofundme page for his funeral expenses.   It raise around $1800 of a $3000 goal.  It was put up by someone who said they were a friend of the kid's mom.  Grandma contributed $100.   Someone who watches the show commented on the page "Insurance paid for his funeral".  Thought it was funny.  There was an update by the person who started the page saying they would be having a 2nd service or some such thing, which made me feel even more empathy for the fiancée.  I'd bet with money that I don't have that she's probably being blamed for his suicide.

Wow! That is just wrong. I don't even have words. The guy is dead & they are trying to profit from it?  

• Love 1