Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Yeah, so, ok...if a 200-lb. pig wandered onto my property and my dog was in the backyard with it, the first thing I would do would be to get the dog away from the pig! Maybe after that I'd take the picture for funsies but no way would I allow my animal near it. That lady was a dumbass.

I really wanted to hear what the animal control officer had to say but JJ shut that shit down as usual because it must have been lunchtime or something. It's clear that the officer didn't see any bite on that video (and frankly neither did I) and I wanted to know what else she has to contribute. 

I'm going to be charitable and suggest that she doesn't know enough about pigs to know that they could be dangerous. I had no idea that a pig could bite like that. She got the dog she thought might hurt the pig away and then took a video. I don't think that makes her a dumbass. She might be crooked based on what everyone else here has uncovered, but I'm not going to hold not knowing about pigs against her in the first place. Most people don't. And if this was the second time someone's pig was on my property, I would get proof so I could make a complaint so I could see myself grabbing my phone and taking a picture or video..

• Love 1

I'm appreciative of your charity even though I still have none for her. Any strange dog, cat, chicken, whathaveyou that appears in someone's yard should never be exposed to one's pet. I know dickshit about pigs (other than they're cute) but would never approach one myself no matter how docile they seemed. It's basic common sense. 

She coukd have taken the picture without her dog in it -- it would have proved her case regardless. 

. I had no idea that a pig could bite like that.

Okay, I need to watch this again. Were there pics of the injuries and were they described on the vet bill?

Any strange dog, cat, chicken, whathaveyou that appears in someone's yard should never be exposed to one's pet.

Absolutely. Personally, I would never allow my dog to interact with any animal that appeared in my yard. Things can turn deadly in a second. Even a little cat can claw a dog's eyes out in an instant.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm appreciative of your charity even though I still have none for her. Any strange dog, cat, chicken, whathaveyou that appears in someone's yard should never be exposed to one's pet. I know dickshit about pigs (other than they're cute) but would never approach one myself no matter how docile they seemed. It's basic common sense. 

She coukd have taken the picture without her dog in it -- it would have proved her case regardless. 

Exactly!  You just don't expose your pets to strange animals period.  She could easily have secured her dog (man, I LOVE Great Danes!), then got her pictures.  I didn't 'see' the bite either...we saw the pig lunge at the dog and the dog squealed.  Sionce she has her damn camera out, why didn't she take a good clear shot of the wound?  Now, I was not a huge fan of the defendant either:  secure your animals! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, I need to watch this again. Were there pics of the injuries and were they described on the vet bill?

Nope, unless this was another case where JJ saw something from staff which were't presented in court. Sometimes I like how she cuts through litigants' BS, but there are also times I wish we could see what she based her judgement on. There are also many times she seems to base her awards on olden day facts which don't fit today's reality, or the reality of people not being paid 47 million bucks for 52 days work annually.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AlleC17 said:

Exactly!  You just don't expose your pets to strange animals period.  She could easily have secured her dog (man, I LOVE Great Danes!), then got her pictures.  I didn't 'see' the bite either...we saw the pig lunge at the dog and the dog squealed.  Sionce she has her damn camera out, why didn't she take a good clear shot of the wound?  Now, I was not a huge fan of the defendant either:  secure your animals! 

Totally agree! Let's disregard whether the pig injured the dog, for right now. These folks live in a rural area. To me, that means lots of the neighbors might enjoy big gardens. Everything I've heard tells me I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY to find a 200 lb pig in my garden. 

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 3

Sometimes I like how she cuts through litigants' BS, but there are also times I wish we could see what she based her judgement on.

We could probably have seen a lot more in the olden days, when 2/3 of a show didn't consist of commercials.

I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY to find a 200 lb pig in my garden. 

I think I might be happier finding the pig than what I found in my yard, which was a neighbour's 110lb Akita, which "proceeded" to attack my dog, after my dog turned away from him.

• Love 1

To me it seemed that JJ was uninterested in the animal control officers opinions after she said Miss Piggy wasn't ticketed for having her animal running loose. Maybe JJ smelled nepotism. She is a truth machine after all. 

• Love 1

I'd rather deal with a 500lb pig than today's litigants - Goad vs. Powell. Two drug addicts who meet in a drug rehab (I guess), canoodle around for a year and decide a baby is just what they need. Both lovebirds are in their mid-thirties, yet are sponging off not just parents, but grandparents. Goad works here and there, marginally, and Ms. Powell (who seemed to be hopped up on something, to the extent that she was unable to control her head-shaking, shouting out, etc) doesn't work because twelve years ago she had a "slip and fall." Her disability - which prevents her from getting a job of any kind -  didn't prevent her drugging it up, gettin' it on with Goad, or carrying a baby and giving birth. Has Mr. Goad tested positive  for drugs lately? NO, of course not. Oh, wait. Yes he  has. Anyway, Goad gets his precious VCR back (who the heck uses those anymore?) but not the rest of his junk, including a pillowtop mattress his momma picked up off the roadside.

So glad I had dinner before I watched this.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'd rather deal with a 500lb pig than today's litigants - Goad vs. Powell. Two drug addicts who meet in a drug rehab (I guess), canoodle around for a year and decide a baby is just what they need. Both lovebirds are in their mid-thirties, yet are sponging off not just parents, but grandparents. Goad works here and there, marginally, and Ms. Powell (who seemed to be hopped up on something, to the extent that she was unable to control her head-shaking, shouting out, etc) doesn't work because twelve years ago she had a "slip and fall." Her disability - which prevents her from getting a job of any kind -  didn't prevent her drugging it up, gettin' it on with Goad, or carrying a baby and giving birth. Has Mr. Goad tested positive  for drugs lately? NO, of course not. Oh, wait. Yes he  has. Anyway, Goad gets his precious VCR back (who the heck uses those anymore?) but not the rest of his junk, including a pillowtop mattress his momma picked up off the roadside.

So glad I had dinner before I watched this.

Dang. I must have missed this.  What a shame.  NOT!

I did watch yesterday's pig vs. dog ep.  Would really have liked to hear the expert witness.  We have wild pigs around here, so there would be NO video/photo opportunities.  But if it was a "family pet," I might not be as cautious. Hard to say.  But an expensive show dog? Nope and more nope.

Here's hoping our Florida, Georgia and Carolina JJ fans are safe and sound. Nothing scarier than a big hurricane coming in at night. When the phone, radio and television go, it's hard to know exactly what's going on. Be safe, friends!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 7

The Chicago group?  Yowza. And then the hallterview!   "Kissaundra?"  Oh, my, just no.  

What an unsettling group on today's shows!  We've got some fine current recappers, but I kind of wonder what Toaster Strudel would have made of the messes we saw today.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

The Chicago group?  Yowza.  "Kissaundra?"  Oh, my, just no.  

Good grief, sounded like 3 full generations with who knows how many kids live in defendant's house, at least one jailbird now under house arrest. Defendant talks about little girls, his two brothers, his dad, and his grandpa... at least I think he did, hard to tell as English must be a second language for all these litigants. No matter what JJ said, she couldn't get through that it's wrong to go to someone's home armed with a deadly weapon. Then plaintiff as much as tells the world this isn't over, he'll be back in court or maybe jail after the next round. Just think, these people were friendly enough that their kids are schoolmates and play together and plaintiff, if I understood his garbled story, plaintiff was invited over by someone in the house and told to just come in without knocking... And that's what started the feud, he either misunderstood the "just come on in", or whoever invited him over kept quiet as things spiraled out of control... going from texts, to fights, to fights ending up with one guy in the hospital, to brandishing knives... Guess next time it will be guns.

4 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

What an unsettling group on today's shows!  We've got some fine current recappers, but I kind of wonder what Toaster Strudel would have made of the messes we saw today.

Ah, a trailer trash case. We have wrinkled up red haired grandma (actually introduced as the mom, but has had a rough life) standing at the lectern with her daughter, the roller derby enforcer, while other daughter sits there with blank open mouth stare (open mouth to show her bad teeth). They're suing ex landlord who, among other things,  is making them pay the electric bills even though others are hooked up to the meter. Defendant landlord says, yes there was only the one meter, but that was explained when plaintiff moved in and rent was reduced to cover the electric he used in his shop and another trailer. Hmmm, seems to me landlord should have kept bill in his name and charged extra for the tenants. Wow, both sides have their copy of the lease. JJ tells us as we go to commercial that this will be an easy case, as any rent reduction for electric would have to be in the written lease. After we come back landlord tries a song and dance routine when JJ does not find what she wants in the lease... "um um Oh, it's a second written agreement" as he shuffles his papers... "um um it was a verbal agreement"... and what does JJ say to a litigant who says the written contract was modified by a verbal agreement? Yep, no way dude, you can't do that. And of course then we get it's a written sgreement, but he didn't bring it with him today. So, right off the bat, JJ says he owes plaintiff's  $600. Next on plaintiff's list, she claims he modified the lease and took out a restraining order banning her daughter from the property. JJ doesn't want to hear that, it's another one of those, "if you didn't like it, you should have moved" deals. Plaintiff said the daughter's name was taken off the lease with white out, but far as I know JJ didn't even look... maybe a mute point with the restraining order, but would have gone towards determining credibility. Defendant gets similar treatment on his harrassment claim. "You didn't like the adult daughter and her bf, well you took out a restraining order, so no harrasment". Next on countersuit is damage and missing property. JJ is not impressed with his 2 year old evidence. He says he has/had a picture of the bf carry off his property  (a spare pre hung interior door) two years ago. JJ doesn't even ask if he still has the pucture. If there's any other missing property, or any damaged property JJ doesn't want to hear it... must be sushi time.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Good grief, sounded like 3 full generations with who knows how many kids live in defendant's house, at least one jailbird now under house arrest. Defendant talks about little girls, his two brothers, his dad, and his grandpa... at least I think he did, hard to tell as English must be a second language for all these litigants. No matter what JJ said, she couldn't get through that it's wrong to go to someone's home armed with a deadly weapon. Then plaintiff as much as tells the world this isn't over, he'll be back in court or maybe jail after the next round. Just think, these people were friendly enough that their kids are schoolmates and play together and plaintiff, if I understood his garbled story, plaintiff was invited over by someone in the house and told to just come in without knocking... And that's what started the feud, he either misunderstood the "just come on in", or whoever invited him over kept quiet as things spiraled out of control... going from texts, to fights, to fights ending up with one guy in the hospital, to brandishing knives... Guess next time it will be guns.

Well, the defendant did bite the plaintiff's little brother in the eye. He must not have meant it as affection.[The X Files]

• Love 2

Holy fuck. I usually try not to judge people for things they can't help or change (not out loud, anyway), but the people in the "one meter to rule them all" case were among the most frightening-looking I've ever seen on my TV. Good thing the kids were in bed already and I was watching on the DVR.

Edited by augmentedfourth
Missing words, probably because I mentioned judging others
  • Love 4

Holy fuck. I usually try not to judge people for things they can't help or change (not out loud, anyway), but the people in the "one meter to rule them all" case were among the most frightening-looking I've ever seen on my TV

I agree, but wrinkled up grandma's daughter was really a sight. Not so much her basic (unfortunate) appearance but her constant Stank eye and grotesque facial expressions convinced me that if I was the defendant I would have asked for a protective order on behalf of my mirrors to save them from exploding. I won't comment about the daughter who never stood up because I think she had "limitations". If I am correct, why bring her onto the show? You didn't use her as a witness, and she made an unfortunate impression. Leave her at home in peace.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I agree, but wrinkled up grandma's daughter was really a sight. Not so much her basic (unfortunate) appearance but her constant Stank eye and grotesque facial expressions convinced me that if I was the defendant I would have asked for a protective order on behalf of my mirrors to save them from exploding. I won't comment about the daughter who never stood up because I think she had "limitations". If I am correct, why bring her onto the show? You didn't use her as a witness, and she made an unfortunate impression. Leave her at home in peace.

I think the disabled daughter may be so incapacitated that she couldn't have been left home alone.  

The feuding neighbors really saddened me.  Both the men seemed like they had potential, yet their hallterviews suggest they are willing to go to prison about the issue of "disrespect." 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Please JJ, put a stop to it, it's worse than "like!"  "Youknowwhatimsayin" should NOT get a pass!

Wow!  Did she really let this go?  C'mon, Judy! She'll jump on "like" in a heartbeat!

• Love 1

Speaking of disrespect (which to me, will NEVER be a verb), when one of the feuding sisters was asked what the trouble was, she replied along the lines of, "There was no disrespect."   I guess she could have said "There wasn't no disrespect."  Maybe three negatives would have cleared things up.

• Love 4

Well, that was a bust. I was looking forward to the eyebiter, but I could NOT listen to the garbled, slurred speech of the litigants. I caught a few words here and there - "Unty house", "nomesayin" and "knife".  Oh, and "as a man" which Trayvon seems to think requires butcher knives and which he repeated over and over. Oh, my head.

But I forgot all that when I saw the cast of characters making their way in for the next case. I assume they're the trailer trash contingent - they of the frightening, grotesque expressions, or maybe extras from a remake of "Beetlejuice",  but either way I'm just not up to it. Maybe later. Or tomorrow.

As for "Kissaundra" - I believe her complaint was the "lack of disrespect." They didn't disrespect her enough!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

I guess she could have said "There wasn't no disrespect."  Maybe three negatives would have cleared things up.

The correct term is, "I say this with all due respect", because then you're allowed to say whatever the hell you want.

• Love 6

I noticed MANY gramatic atrocities with the Chicago gang, but the one that grated the most for me was the excessive/exclusive use of "they"  as a possessive pronoun, and not the correct "their"...as in "I was in front of they house."  "I didn't go to they street."  And while I'm on the subject...I believe this group left all "they" apostrophe S's back in "they" overcrowded house (seriously, how many people live there?).  I don't think I heard a single proper use of a possessive "s".  We heard "My Aunty house" instead.   When did walking into an acquaintance's home, as an expected visitor (for at least one of the many residents) without knocking become enough to start a knife fight?  Yikes.

• Love 8

Judge Faith doesn't have a forum, because usually she's just got boring cases. But today, omg. Plaintiff is a Diane Keaton lookalike, ordered a mother of bride dress from a middle-aged white woman who thinks she can still rock the snobby teenage mean girl attitude - hands on her hips, eye rolling, head bobbing, hair tossing, interrupting before the case even gets started. Her boutique sells to "only the best, richest people". Judge Faith: "I don't care about your opinion, I want to know what kind of dresses you sell." And for someone who is just sooo stylish, her style leaves a lot to be desired - it's a plain black top with big white fake stitches, like the sort of thing I thought was cool in second grade.

She claims the dress is OMG like so totally inappropriate for a MOB (it's not, especially if you're a Diane Keaton lookalike) but she sells it anyway. It'll need some alterations, which you kind of expect when you buy a dress like that. And then... MOB does not get the dress. And defendant can't get past the attitude to explain where it went. "She hasn't left me alone for a year". Because you have her dress. And her final statement, when JF asks why she'd go on TV to totally trash a customer - "I tell my customers when a dress is just sooo wrong for them because it's made for a JLo and they aren't. But only after I take their money. And I don't give refunds." And in the halterview equivalent - "lots of bridal salons suffer like I do".

Rarity, you are not.

• Love 1

Today's case with the 19-year-old driver who drove through his aunt's (?) bedroom wall -- he was going to his 15-year-old cousin's house to pick him up for a party.  JJ seemed to think that the 15-year-old was the one driving.  Why?  I think she just likes to accuse people of lying.  There's no reason why the 19-year-old, who at least had a permit, would drive over to pick up his cousin, get out of the driver's seat and let the kid take over. 

The first case, with the plaintiff who loaned her BF money -- plaintiff was smart to make those loans special -- she paid with certified checks and had copies showing that defendant cashed the checks.  So definitely plaintiff considered those payments to be a loan, not just shared living expenses.  But damn, plaintiff needed a foundation garment, and that pony tail braid?  And why was she in rehab? 

• Love 5

A Chihuahua does not weigh twenty-five pounds, folks. Not unless it's a mutant Chihuahua.

Also: JJ to Defendant - "I don't  want you to act stupid." I don't think she's acting. Dumb broad didn't even know to take the pup to the vet until her next door neighbor, who was the animal's foster first, did it herself. So she isn't pretending.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

A Chihuahua does not weigh twenty-five pounds, folks. Not unless it's a mutant Chihuahua.

Ah, the 25 lb chihuahua dumb girl case. Geez, how many of you would trust this girl to work on your books? I meam, I got that right, right? This girl's occupation is listed as a bookkeeper,  and oilfield worker hubby confirms that's her job, and she thinks her chihuahua weighs 25 lbs. Sad thing is these people now have two dogs which will probably continue to get breed and there will be future litters to be neglected... even worse, they're teaching the kids how to treat their animals. Too bad neighbor wasn't able to get Humane Society intervention, but maybe not possible where they live. Kind of wish the neighbor had sued for either the dog or the money and been awarded the dog.

Grrrrr, too many animal cases today! TPC, Hot Bench, JJ  all had idiot pet owners.

Anyway, I'm here in my recliner with two of my own personal idiot pet owner cat rescues. Frank is napping between my feet, Spotty on the cat tree next to me. I took both to the vet to be treated when their respective owners neglected them. They became my cats when I presented the bills to their owners and told them they could pay up or give me the cat. No doubt, legally I was wrong.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The first case, with the plaintiff who loaned her BF money -- plaintiff was smart to make those loans special -- she paid with certified checks and had copies showing that defendant cashed the checks.  So definitely plaintiff considered those payments to be a loan, not just shared living expenses.  But damn, plaintiff needed a foundation garment, and that pony tail braid?  And why was she in rehab? 

I felt so sorry for plaintiff. She was facing a bad divorce, had issues that took her to rehab, was gullible to shack up with lover boy and loan him money. But I felt sorry when I saw how badly she was shaking when she was trying to find the texts on her cell...so badly that she had to ask her witness to come help her. Apparently she needs further rehab. I would be nervous as hell to face JJ and would probably need to wear a double layer of Depends that day, but this gal was achingly nervous. Well, maybe nervous isn't the right word....

edited to add...plaintiff was going to pour a glass of forbidden water but couldn't even hold the glass. She dropped the plastic glass on the table and it made a big bouncy noise. 

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 5

But damn, plaintiff needed a foundation garment, and that pony tail braid? 

When she walked in, my eyes actually widened at the incredible swinging of her ladies. A bra is not that expensive, especially for someone who could hand over thousands of dollars to that useless arrogant porker, who had the gall to say - as his many chins quivered with mirth - that he needs to do an investigation on his next "girl." Yeah, I'm sure they're lining up, applications in hand for a brokeass, fugly, lying scammer.

But yeah, I've never seen anyone shake like that in my life. It was painful to watch and I truly felt sorry for her. She seems like a nicer person.  I hope she got herself together and won't be so desperate to not be alone that she'll take any old POS who comes along.

• Love 6
On 10/5/2016 at 4:23 PM, SandyToes said:

I am aghast at how our society as a whole seems to be so completely without integrity. No self-responsibility, no sense of pride in making one's own way, no understanding of how choices often lead to unpleasant consequences that are your own damn fault.  I think I need a dozen episodes of the Brady Bunch, or Little House, or something, where people are fine and decent and live happily ever after.  Except poor Tiger, of course, who hid in his doghouse one day and was never seen again...

I think Tiger is hanging our with Chuck Cunningham (from Happy Days) 

• Love 4

Ah, the 25 lb chihuahua dumb girl case. Geez, how many of you would trust this girl to work on your books

And now I wish I'd written down her affronts to the English language as my brain has suppressed them. But they were many. 

I wish JJ had said directly to these awful people "so you were willing to allow this puppy to die a lingering and painful death to save a few dollars?" Would have been better to euthanize the poor thing but of course that would have cost money too...

• Love 3

Those Chihuahua people were lying through their teeth from start to finish. When they tried to claim that the Plaintiff had never been asked to foster the puppies, I wanted JJ to snap back that they could have called the police then. Or not given her a puppy to keep after she had stolen all the puppies. Everything they said made no sense. That the poor puppy went days and days without medical intervention is disgusting. Truly vile.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Also: JJ to Defendant - "I don't  want you to act stupid." I don't think she's acting. Dumb broad didn't even know to take the pup to the vet until her next door neighbor, who was the animal's foster first, did it herself. So she isn't pretending.

JJ seemed to come to the same conclusion, she wasn't just acting, she was dumb. I thought it great when JJ went with visual aids to explain the vet report. "The vet could palpate, you know feel (as JJ feels her neck), and see (opens and shuts eyes while pointing at her eyes) something in the dog's throat."

Edited by SRTouch
Missing word
  • Love 5

Today's old eps:  David "Aaron" McAdams - we've had some low-life, despicable defendants here, but this one may take the cake. Smug, smirky, jackass.  Judy is exactly right - someone will die because of his reckless driving.  (This guy refused to pay back former girlfriend for bail/warrant  money, saying it had been a Valentine's gift.  Proud of his 11 speeding tickets, times in jail, and suspended licenses. Just horrible.) Hopefully he's locked up somewhere.

Cracked up yesterday with the return of "Chawwaaa" girl. At her. Horrible case, although the plaintiff just about did everything she could to lose! Shut up!  I did kind of wonder briefly, perhaps, if the pup in question was a Chow- Chihuahua mix.  That COULD be pronounced "Chawwaaa." 

Nah.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Today's old eps:  David "Aaron" McAdams - we've had some low-life, despicable defendants here, but this one may take the cake. Smug, smirky, jackass.  Judy is exactly right - someone will die because of his reckless driving.  (This guy refused to pay back former girlfriend for bail/warrant  money, saying it had been a Valentine's gift.  Proud of his 11 speeding tickets, times in jail, and suspended licenses. Just horrible.) Hopefully he's locked up somewhere.

Cracked up yesterday with the return of "Chawwaaa" girl. At her. Horrible case, although the plaintiff just about did everything she could to lose! Shut up!  I did kind of wonder briefly, perhaps, if the pup in question was a Chow- Chihuahua mix.  That COULD be pronounced "Chawwaaa." 

Nah.

This case in particular makes me wonder if, at the pre-show briefing, they tell the people  to keep talking until they are stopped. She really did try to lose her case!

• Love 3

So I'm fixing dinner, listening to JJ in the other room, planning to rewind if it sounds worth watching. Ah, no rewind today. First up woman (plaintiff) rents a bedroom to another girl (defendant). First woman isn't the best tenant, falls behind on the rent, but claims to be current when she gets a three day notice to quit. She says the eviction is because the owner is selling. JJ and I both find it hard to believe that you can be served with a 3 day notice when you're current on your rent. JJ questions her pretty hard, but eventually moves on since it doesn't really matter to the case. The case is the plaintiff suing the girl renting a bedroom after a fight. After the fight defendant (22yo) goes home to parents house, but leaves some belongings behind. Plaintiff figures defendant should be on the hook for the rent, even though she called the cops when defendant came back the day after the fight. Lots of nonsense, don't even know who won what, but thing that really caught my ear is plaintiff seemed to be all upset that defendant put a lock on the bedroom she was renting.

Next case was another dummy dog owner case. Didn't hear the end, but this moron appeared to be about the mental equivalent of chihuahua girl yesterday. Strict liability case, off leash husky attacks leashed papillon in public park outside a dog park. Only reason I heard any of the case was I didn't have the remote in the kitchen. Owner of the husky was there with her two dogs, a husky and a chihuahua, both off leash. Yes her dog was off leash, yes it bit plaintiff's dog, yes plaintiff's dog was leashed, but her sweet dog wouldn't attack the tiny dog, it was all the mean plaintiff who yelled and told her to control her dogs, so she shouldn't be held responsible. While waiting for Byrd to bring her photos, JJ cracks a joke about assuming it was the husky and not the chihuahua that attacked the plaintiff's papillon. Judgement never in question in strict liability case, owner of the unleashed dog loses. I turned it off once I got the remote before the case ends.

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 2

SRTouch, yep, JJ awarded plaintiff $800 for vet bills.  She had a shocked look on her face when she saw the photos of the injured Papillon.  I'm glad the camera didn't show the photos.

Defendant claimed that while her dogs were in the leash area, they were on leash, but that she had taken them to the unleash area.  And that because the gate was broken, her little dog ran back into the leash area while it was off leash and the Husky followed.  Or something like that. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

SRTouch, yep, JJ awarded plaintiff $800 for vet bills.  She had a shocked look on her face when she saw the photos of the injured Papillon.  I'm glad the camera didn't show the photos.

Defendant claimed that while her dogs were in the leash area, they were on leash, but that she had taken them to the unleash area.  And that because the gate was broken, her little dog ran back into the leash area while it was off leash and the Husky followed.  Or something like that. 

Man, I wanted to slap her self-righteous, deluded, special snowflake face!  But, Judge, I had them on the leash until they got to the broken gate.  You gotta believe me, I always tell the truth!

• Love 5

Defendant claimed that while her dogs were in the leash area, they were on leash, but that she had taken them to the unleash area.  And that because the gate was broken, her little dog ran back into the leash area while it was off leash and the Husky followed.  Or something like that

I would like to get in line behind Brattinella for the slapping party. Big dummy kept saying "but I was there first!" Of course you were, and then you left, but golly gee, your bestie wasn't there saving your place and as Sheldon Cooper says "No cuts, no butts, no coconuts" (and no mutts lol). 

In non JJ related news, I was on vacation for a week and came home in time to shutter my house for Hurricane Matthew and go back out of town again to make sure my daughter and grandson got through the storm okay (thank God for that little northward jog that pulled us out of the cone of epic wind and flooding - lost a couple of trees and had a bunch of debris to clean up, but didn't even lose power). Hope the rest of you folks on the eastern seaboard made it through okay. 

• Love 9

Patti glad you all fared well.  Hope everyone wise in the SE did as well.

My house in NC had some fence damage and lost power for two days but that's all thankfully.  It's hard being in Hawaii with my mom and kid there.  My kids college did a mandatory evacuation and unfortunately a lot of them went home to places that got hit hard with flooding and can't get back now.

Dumb dog owner sure didn't grasp that the broken fence didn't keep her from being responsible.

• Love 1

This case in particular makes me wonder if, at the pre-show briefing, they tell the people  to keep talking until they are stopped.

Someone here saw a Facebook posting of someone who'd been a witness in a case, and this person said that they were encouraged to interrupt and raise their hands as much as they wanted.

• Love 1

I am watching the second episode with the lovebirds who live in his trailer with her child every six weeks.  There's a lot of drinking (she's got a problem but he drinks "only one beer" and it would be awkward for him to drink and her not partaking of spirits), a lot of shouting, facebook, craigslist, ex-girlfriends liking pictures, body slamming, telephones and a busted toy box.

There is no hope for the future of this civilization (and I use the word civilization loosely).