Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Albino said:

I missed that part.  It explains everything.

Plaintiff was just...IDK.  And that wig hat on her head was really really shiny.  Glad she could afford it on $800+ a month.

I thought she said "we met at mental health."

I was like is that the name of a  club, a bar?? JESUS  ?

• Love 2

I started to post an insightful, articulate comment but then a homeless man came through my window and wanted to have sex with me.  Now I've lost my train of thought completely.

Please let us know when your episode airs. Surely there's a case for the show somewhere!  Maybe some step-grand-inlaw-outlaw can watch the crumb-crunchers for you! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The second case was more fun.  Plaintiff and defendant met at a mental health clinic.  Plaintiff moved in with defendant after being evicted.  She said defendant had her leather coat and a lot of her shoes, and defendant said plaintiff stole money out of her purse.  Plaintiff also said defendant was pregnant by a homeless man, who came in through the window.

I think plaintiff's meds were working better than defendant's. 

I wanted to snark on this one, but then it became evident that plaintiff has... Issues....

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Trini said:

I wanted to snark on this one, but then it became evident that plaintiff has... Issues....

As soon as Judge Judy heard that comment, she looked at Byrd "I got it."  She didn't get sarcastic or haughty and just moved on to dismiss the case.  When she sees real mental health issues JJ gets a whole other side to her.

By the way, I'm on vacation with my husband and son, and we are currently in Las Vegas.  I watched the case in the hotel room while my husband and son were down by the pool because it was 113 degrees outside! We had gone to Red Rock Canyon earlier, and while it was beautiful I was spent. JJ and air conditioning helped me recover nicely.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

As soon as Judge Judy heard that comment, she looked at Byrd "I got it."  She didn't get sarcastic or haughty and just moved on to dismiss the case.  When she sees real mental health issues JJ gets a whole other side to her.

I heard Byrd mumble something and couldn't make it out. So I turned on closed captions.  He said "remember where they met" and that's when JJ replied "I got it"

• Love 8
16 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The first of today's new episodes made my head spin.  Plaintiff hired defendant to paint his "antique" car, a 1969 something -- Buick?  The car was damaged when a tree fell on it at the repair place -- rear window broken, rain, etc. 

Plaintiff had bought the car for $2700 in 1992 and was suing for $4500.  He said the deal was $2,000 to paint it, defendant said $1500.  JJ was shown a photo with big rust spots.  It was never clear whether defendant did any painting, but if he did, he didn't get rid of the rust -- he just painted over it.  There was an exchange of photos of the car at different times and in different conditions.  Defendant insisted the car had to be towed to his place, plaintiff said no, he drove it there.

I'm not sure I believed either party.  Plaintiff was awarded $1500.

Another thing JJ is not familiar with - painting cars.  Although hard to understand, the defendant explained it:  places like Maaco charge a somewhat small amount (ie: $999) for painting a car, but that's a straight-up paint.  No body work.  No rust removal.  No repairs.  Just paint.  For $1500/$2000, I would not expect much except a straight paint, which means they paint over rust and dings - they do not repair them - and the car will re-rust quickly.  They also don't remove the old paint, do any paint prep, or re-primer the car.  A lot of people fail to understand that.  When I lived in northeastern Ohio in the early 90's, someone was always on the consumer affairs program on TV, complaining about the local Earl Scheib franchise, and their "shoddy work".  Well, for $499 (in those days), what do you expect?  Body work and paint is expensive.  Ask a lot of questions.  The plaintiff apparently didn't do so.  Someone backed into me in a parking lot - the insurance had to pay $1400 just to paint a fender, and pop out a dent.  And that's not out of line.  Same with her "Just take it to Dent Doctor" stuff. A lot of people don't have Dent Doctor in their area (I've looked a few times and they don't have any franchises here), and any body shop worth their stuff will charge more than Dent Doctor to get the dent out. And Dent Doctor can't remove all dents.

16 hours ago, Albino said:

I started to post an insightful, articulate comment but then a homeless man came through my window and wanted to have sex with me.  Now I've lost my train of thought completely.  Sorry, BRB

The second case was more fun.  Plaintiff and defendant met at a mental health clinic.  Plaintiff moved in with defendant after being evicted.  She said defendant had her leather coat and a lot of her shoes, and defendant said plaintiff stole money out of her purse.  Plaintiff also said defendant was pregnant by a homeless man, who came in through the window.

I think plaintiff's meds were working better than defendant's. 

This was SO MUCH my uncle's late wife. Paranoid Schizophrenic.  Called the cops so much she was told to not call again.  When they lived in town, she was convinced that at 3am, if you turned on channel 256 (the channels didn't go that high back then), naked men would come on and talk to you.  She called my mom at 1am once to tell her to look at the front page of the paper - there was a homeless man on there, and if you connected the dots on his face, it made the ...um...male organ.  They moved out of town to a doublewide.  She was convinced homeless men were living under the house behind the skirting, and they'd taunt her, and use the floor vents to pass drugs to each other.  She would put pie tins with bricks in them over the vents.  When we helped them move, we opened up their deep freeze to find it full of toilet paper, frying pans, bricks, and jars full of cigarette butts.  She had always been "odd" per people that knew her before they met, but she got worse when she suffered a severe head injury in a car accident.  She would become convinced she was fine and didn't need her meds.  Sadly, she'd become violent.  She passed away of lung cancer a few years ago.  I hope she is at peace wherever she is.

My late Mother-In-Law met a woman at a mental institution, and became convinced she was her mother (well, it's complex - she believe that this was the woman who was meant to be her mother).  This was right before we got married, and she brought this woman along, and made us put he in the wedding photos.  She made us call her "grandma".  And this woman had nothing but disdain for us.  It was bizarre.  And now I have her forever in our wedding photos......

• Love 1

I started to post an insightful, articulate comment but then a homeless man came through my window and wanted to have sex with me.  Now I've lost my train of thought completely.  Sorry, BRB

I'm suing Albino. . . for pain and suffering as well as emotional distress due to the fact that Diet Coke has just forcefully exploded out my nose. I might need a nose job in the future or perhaps my sinuses flushed and damn, some Botox while I'm at it. 

• Love 5

I missed the beginning of the 2nd case so I didn't see these ladies' hometown/state.  If they weren't local (as in a car ride away from JJ's studio), can you imagine being on a flight with the plaintiff?!?  She'd keep the crew busy for sure...identifying which passengers were stealing from her, asking for more of those little tiny bottles off the drink cart, and reporting sightings of a woman in Colonial garb churning butter on the plane's wing (TM "Bridesmaids"). 

• Love 1

OMG. Rondelle Moore is going to send me over the edge (again.)  For every "student" who complains about outrageous student loans - how much of what you "borrowed" was actually spent on tuition, books and living in a cheap dorm? Or how much was spent on cars, trips to Cancun for Spring break, the spiffy apartment at the lake and lovely body enhancements? Not to mention the money that is refunded when you drop out.  Not so say that student loans shouldn't be used for life-maintenance, but I think running up $100,000 in loans is mind-boggling. Even worse is the "financial aid" that is not to be paid back and comes from tax dollars.  Argh.  Pardon me as I step off the soapbox.  Sigh.

Not sure why she got credit for only the $800 Lincoln she sold.  If it was worth $1275, why doesn't she get "credit" for that?! She's the one who sold it for under market value. How much do tattoos cost, anyway? 

I need bunnies and rainbows.  

• Love 7

I couldn't listen to any of those garbage reruns, except for Young vs. Young. Part of the fascination was with bizarre weirdo Daddy Anthony, sporting a Stevie Wonder do, but mostly I enjoyed listening to Terrence, his son. Terrence is a student who speaks English properly, supports himself (!), seems intelligent and was able to tell a coherent story. All of those attributes are so rare on this show that this ep. needs to be entered in some Hall of Fame.

• Love 3

I think, Brattinella, that she said they were "exceptionally superb" or some other variation.  But that was then... 

I hope she is in school.  I hope she does well. I hope every dime is well-spent. I hope she joins the work force. I hope she does not show up on JJ again.   I hope.  #shawshankfavoritequote.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I think, Brattinella, that she said they were "exceptionally superb" or some other variation.  But that was then... 

I hope she is in school.  I hope she does well. I hope every dime is well-spent. I hope she joins the work force. I hope she does not show up on JJ again.   I hope.  #shawshankfavoritequote.

Hopefully she'll be able to get other loans to pay back the student loans.

On another note, I'm amazed at the number of people who pay cash (or claim to pay cash) for cars, rent, home improvements, car repairs, computers, TVs etc. etc.  Like, who does this?  And then most of them don't have a receipt.  I can't remember the last time I paid for anything over like $20 in cash.

I understand that people without a lot of money probably don't have checking accounts and just cash the checks, but jeez...at least get a receipt.

• Love 2

I'm amazed at the number of people who pay cash (or claim to pay cash) for cars, rent, home improvements, car repairs, computers, TVs etc. etc.  Like, who does this?

Seems to be people who have no credit because they've stiffed everyone, can't have a bank acount for a variety of reasons (they owe everyone including the gov.), don't care to pay to support their kids, or have a bank fraud case against them. Thus, they're willing to chance handing a landlord (or a total stranger from CL) a large sum of cash without even a receipt.

• Love 2

Well, I finally got to watch the episode about the two bratty 12yo charter school girls who got pinched by a visiting parent in the classroom. Don't remember why I missed it the first time, but remember joining in the discussion about the sad state of the English taught in school. I have a feeling the girls lucked out standing where they were, as JJ might have enjoyed responding to the eye rolls with a pinch or two. I was kind of impressed with the one girl who quickly figured out how to say things without "like" being inserted 2-3 times per sentence. She still slipped a couple times, but did better than 90% of others JJ tries to correct. Hopefully she and her partner in misbehaving will settle down and apply themselves. I question how much help they'll receive from teachers who let their class get out of hand. Her parents don't seem to even admit there's a problem. The daughter is standing next to Mom describing how she acts up in class, and Mom is making excuses. Kudos to Mom who working two jobs instead of sitting at home collecting assistance, but she needs to remember to parent her daughter as well as feed her. (Oh, and WTH good would putting an antibiotic cream on a bruise do? Maybe the placebo effect? Hmmm, maybe another case where they've added an ingredient and kept the original name for name recognition.) And what's with giving this girl an 89 in English? She has trouble putting together a cohesive sentence and needs JJ to define "conduct". 12yo so probably 6th or 7th grade, she should have a better vocabulary and start learning something about sentence structure soon - or maybe that isn't taught at this charter school. I hate to think what that 70 something in math means.

Oh well, I agreed with JJ's ruling this time. Defendant was wrong to put her hands on the girls, but Mom was crazy thinking she should get a 5k payday because someone went to far correcting her little brat - but hey, at least she didn't call her out or key her car! 10 bucks may have been too little, though, more of a "you were wrong, so don't let it happen again" wink wink message.

• Love 4

Saturday Nite Judy had a woman suing her chubby, goateed, fast-talking, diamond-earringed ex-boyfriend for loans.  I know, that describes 75% of the Judy's cases*, and there was really nothing unusual about this case.  But it was funny because the plaintiff had lent him money to buy her not just her own engagement ring but also a week-long Caribbean cruise as well.  If she had lent him money to pay back child-support too,  we'd have hit the trifecta.  A loan to get his car out of "impound" would have been the quadrifecta. One odd note, though: they lived in South Florida.  Why do residents of South Florida go on Caribbean cruises?  Seems sort of like a busman's holiday.

I am most unhappy with channel 55 in Riverhead, N.Y.  It has cut back Judy to one repeat on Saturday night, and one on Sunday, both at 10:30 p.m.  The 10 o'clock slots are now occupied by skin-care infomercials hosted by Jane Seymour or Courtney Thorne-Smith. 

It was especially annoying because I actually had plans for Saturday night (for a change) but had to postpone them because we had 5 inches of rain over about 5 hours (from about 1 p.m. till 6 p.m.).  Anybody else get washed away on Saturday?

*The other 25% are dog-bite cases.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Brattinella said:

OMG.  That fake weeping mother who did a "victim-less crime" by putting her utility bill in her teenage daughter's name.  NO SYMPATHY HERE.

I was just about to comment when I received notification of the above comment. Good grief, mother of two daughters, the "good one" already has two kids (she's 20yo now with a 2 and 4yo). Mom also claims she has 2 foster sons, receives section 8 assistance, yet runs up $1600 in utility bills. Wonder how many times she rehearsed the story about choosing to steal her daughter's identity instead of paying her bills by "putting a mattress on her back". She has the words down, but needs work to produce some actual teardrops. The scene in the hallterview where daughter forgives mom and they hug was touching, then I guess it was off to celebrate their little scam with JJ's money.

Case left a few unanswered questions. Daughter says she now has her own house. Is she paying her bills, or is she the latest generation on section 8? She had at least 1 kid while in high school, did she graduate or are her two jobs really just part time minimum wage gigs with a combined 20 hours weekly. Does mom have a job, or is her income all in the form of public assistance? How did this woman become a foster mother? Oh, what am I thinking, of course she works, after all she passed on her great work ethic to her kids.

• Love 2

Ya' know, we started a drinking game for this show.  Me thinks we all need to be hitting the bottle a little more frequently! (Grape Nehis all around for those tea-totalers out there!)

I'm sorry I missed the "victim-less" crime show.  Wow.  But I think I have a pretty good idear...

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2

Ah yes, I remember the contractor who tries to argue rules for a contract dealing with a new garage and roof. Contractor tries to argue that in the roofing business to "reroof" means to cover the existing shingles with new. JJ tells him that's equivalent to putting clean clothes over dirty underwear. She tells him when he wrote "reroof" in the contract he needed to make sure the homeowner understood what he meant, since to most lay people it would mean a complete tear-off. Thing is, his position doesn't hold water anyway. According to my quick Google search, http://roofingannex.com/2013/03/reroof-or-recover-how-to-decide/ a "reroof" means exactly what JJ is saying, a complete tear-off to inspect the roof deck, replacing any bad decking, new felt, new shingles. Maybe in this contractor's little corner of the world he's telling the truth, but his interpretation is certainly not industry wide as he's claiming. Then he tries to claim the price for the job changed because of a change order. Sure, change orders happen in construction, but when you change the contract you need to put in a written change order, especially if it changes the price, and any changes can get expensive fast. Oh wow, I can't tell you how it irked me to have this contractor go through his condescending lecture on how he was going to match the new garage roof with the old house roof. He's talking like everyone listening are morons. Then you throw in the fact that he left the decking uncovered for a month while the interior of three rooms were being water damaged while he's trying get get additional money... this is the type of person who gives any trade a bad name. Eventually (I think she was so abrupt because a staffer was standing off camera pointing at the clock) JJ rules against the contractor, tells him he's responsible for the water damage, and awards $5k to the plaintiff. He goes down swinging, though, insisting he's done nothing wrong. I really wanted her to ask if he's licensed, and for her to suggest the plaintiff take it to the licensing board. His whole defense today seemed to depend on talking down to the judge. I have a feeling he'd need to come up with something else trying to explain it to a licensing review board. The real puzzle is why he just left it uncovered after learning there was water damage - I mean the water damage wasn't done all at once, but he didn't do anything to stop it after learning the first room was damaged. This is one of those contractor cases I wish had been on TPC with MM with her family background in the trades.

• Love 3

Was his countersuit based on money still owed from the original contract, or was it for the "change order" stuff?  If it were the original contract and the plaintiff hadn't paid the final $2,000, the end result is that the plaintiff came out with $7,000 - $5,000 from the judgment and $2,000 that he didn't pay for the contract.

I was crocheting and not paying real close attention.

44 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Was his countersuit based on money still owed from the original contract, or was it for the "change order" stuff?  If it were the original contract and the plaintiff hadn't paid the final $2,000, the end result is that the plaintiff came out with $7,000 - $5,000 from the judgment and $2,000 that he didn't pay for the contract.

I was crocheting and not paying real close attention.

Hmmm, I think you're right. Plaintiff won $5k on the lawsuit for the water damage and what he paid someone else to complete complete the roof. Not really sure how she came to 5k, I think she was as disgusted with the contractor as I was.

On the countersuit, everyone agrees homeowner paid contractor $24,900. The total for the job is in dispute. The homeowner, and the contract, say the total is $26,000. The contractor argues there was an additional $2,500 charge for changing the size of the dormer. JJ throws out the additional charge as he can't change the written contract without a new written contract. So, in JJ's world, the most the contractor would be entitled to collect would be $1100. She decided since he didn't finish the job he isn't due the full amount. Makes sense, because IIRC homeowner paid $1200 to someone else to finish the work.

Ah yes, I remember the contractor who tries to argue rules for a contract dealing with a new garage and roof. Contractor tries to argue that in the roofing business to "reroof" means to cover the existing shingles with new. JJ tells him that's equivalent to putting clean clothes over dirty underwear. She tells him when he wrote "reroof" in the contract he needed to make sure the homeowner understood what he meant, since to most lay people it would mean a complete tear-off. Thing is, his position doesn't hold water anyway. According to my quick Google search, http://roofingannex.com/2013/03/reroof-or-recover-how-to-decide/ a "reroof" means exactly what JJ is saying, a complete tear-off to inspect the roof deck, replacing any bad decking, new felt, new shingles. Maybe in this contractor's little corner of the world he's telling the truth, but his interpretation is certainly not industry wide as he's claiming.

Guess it all comes down to a matter of opinion.  As I was watching this episode, I was screaming at JJ that she was very wrong since reroofing in my region means exactly as the contractor stated.  It's perfectly fine, and often preferred, to have a second layer of shingles over the first.  You don't usually want to add a third, although at times even that is acceptable..  There are numerous advantages to adding the second layer, as this article delineates:

https://pro.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Reroofing-Over-Asphalt-Shingles.13861.html

As a roofing contractor doing business in my hometown for more than 20 years, I consider it my obligation to give customers the best value for their money. When their asphalt shingle roof has reached the end of its life, most people assume their only option is to strip the roof to bare sheathing before a new roof can be applied. But unless the sheathing is extensively damaged or the structure can't support the weight of another layer of roofing, a better solution is to apply a new layer of shingles right over the old one. Done correctly, a reroof job will look as good and last as long as a "new" roof, for a lot less money and a lot less hassle.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Guess it all comes down to a matter of opinion.  As I was watching this episode, I was screaming at JJ that she was very wrong since reroofing in my region means exactly as the contractor stated.  It's perfectly fine, and often preferred, to have a second layer of shingles over the first.  You don't usually want to add a third, although at times even that is acceptable..  There are numerous advantages to adding the second layer, as this article delineates:

https://pro.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Reroofing-Over-Asphalt-Shingles.13861.html

Hmmm, interesting. I went back and read a few more of the articles google found. You're right, it appears reroof means different things to different roofers. Really just means that JJ was right that the contractor needs to be more concise in when writing out the contract. My understanding is that when the language in a contract is sort of ambiguous, whoever wrote the contract has the burden of making it clear - especially when they're the professional. If it were me, I think I'd stop putting reroof in contracts and use "complete tear off" or "recover".

• Love 3

Re-roof here means what the contractor said - go over the old roof.  I've been through it twice - once when I still lived at home, and once at our old rental house. 

When I'm at work, I sometimes over-simplify things, but I operate under the assumption that everyone is ate up with the dumbass, and it serves me well (and covers my ass in case of issues).

• Love 2

So I did what Mr. Spencer suggested, and googled "R and R Home Services", and it's in the name of Ruth Gordon.  Not Jones, the step-father's name, nor Spencer, the son's name, so it looks like both of them are not associated with the organization, and maybe she's gotten a divorce.  I do want to know how a non-profit is a "cash cow".

4 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

So I did what Mr. Spencer suggested, and googled "R and R Home Services", and it's in the name of Ruth Gordon.  Not Jones, the step-father's name, nor Spencer, the son's name, so it looks like both of them are not associated with the organization, and maybe she's gotten a divorce.  I do want to know how a non-profit is a "cash cow".

The Clinton Foundation is a non-profit.  Non-profits are gravy trains.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

The Clinton Foundation is a non-profit.  Non-profits are gravy trains.

To say nothing of George Costanza's  gravy train, The Human Fund.  

["Money For People"]

• Love 4
2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I think the plaintiffs, if they are going to be spending that much money on a project, need to educate themselves before they sign a contract and then scream scam.

I am trying to feel my hair and see how I want it because I have a hair cut appt in 20 minutes while also trying to sound knowledgeable as I post about roofs. So that is why my post is wonky. Haha

I agree...the homeowners bear some responsibility.  If a contractor told me he was going to 'reroof' my home, I think I would automatically ask "What does that mean?" or "How do you do that?" or whatever.  Mostly because I know nothing about stuff like that.  But the burden is on the somewhat smarmy roofer to be a bit more forthcoming on the actual process, IMO.

What bothers me most is the plaintiffs were complaining about the work and then hired one or two guys from the same crew that did the work. 

Good luck with your haircut!  Be sure and find out exactly what's involved before they start cutting!  :)

Edited by Albino
  • Love 1

Mr. Funky and I disagreed with the re-roof the first time, and we still disagree.  When I got my first speeding ticket, I was going to college out of state.  I didn't realize that when you saw a certain sign on the road, it was an indicator to slow down to 55.  I didn't slow down, and I got busted.  I told the officer that I was out of state and didn't know (he asked me why I was going 65 in a 55, and I told him I saw no sign to drop speed). His response was that my ignorance of their laws was not a defense.  I tried fighting it by mail in court - got the same verdict, and a bonus that if I was living there, I needed to learn their laws.  We had a 15 year old that we "watch" through a social program at the house this weekend, and he did some building trades work at a Vo-Tech program.  As soon as he heard this case, he said "If it was my house, and I was paying out money for something, I wouldn't assume.  I'd ask LOTS of questions.  Why didn't that guy ask?  And also, I don't believe that the home owner didn't hire those two guys either".  See?  He gets it too..... :P

• Love 4

Rerun, that I think has been discussed here before: young man dies of an illness he's had for at least three years, though he never told his family about it. Family is suing for personal effects like his glasses and contact lenses(!). Paternal DNA contributor also can't keep his story straight about whether or not the man's friends - who had to come from three different states in order to stay with him for the last week of his life - sent him $50K (oh, no, a mere $45K) voluntarily or not for the medical bills - which PDNAC isn't even paying! JJ is beyond furious with them.

As a firm believer in "don't put up with stuff from DNAC that you wouldn't put up with from non-relatives", I'd have cut that family off completely long before that.

• Love 7

I know--his contacts?  His razor?  What kind of bizarre skin-flake/eyeball-fluid rituals were they going to be using those for?

I couldn't tell whether the daughter was embarrassed to be there with her insane parents or if she was a fully participating member of this group psychosis.  But the whole shit show was a reminder that there is no level below which humans will not sink.  (In case we still need one this election season.)

• Love 6

Those friends were truly inspiring human beings. I just wish one of them had a small amount of vindictiveness running through their veins and convinced the other two that those judgmental "parents" deserved nothing and if they wanted money they could bankrupt themselves fighting for it in court.

I also think it's the fourth or fifth time they've rerun that case. I didn't even see it yesterday and can still vividly recall the mother's museum-quality bitch face. 

14 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I know--his contacts?  His razor?  What kind of bizarre skin-flake/eyeball-fluid rituals were they going to be using those for?

I couldn't tell whether the daughter was embarrassed to be there with her insane parents or if she was a fully participating member of this group psychosis.  But the whole shit show was a reminder that there is no level below which humans will not sink.  (In case we still need one this election season.)

If memory serves (and I could be wrong, since I didn't see the most recent rerun, but I still remember the case), the daughter seemed like a full participant in the hallterviews. I think one of the things they were bitching about with his phone, and the daughter/sister whined something like "We just wanted to hear his voice again!" The people here pointed out that 1) if it's his phone, all you can here is his outgoing message, assuming he didn't have an automated one, and 2) they obviously just wanted his phone to see what sort of scandalous gossip they could dig up on him, because they clearly didn't give a shit about him when he was alive.

• Love 1

So I'm having a bad day because just a few short months ago, my husband died very suddenly and I'm just devastated. I am getting through the day by watching a JJ mini-marathon from my DVR. The line up includes:

Patricia Bean, Leopoldine Brown, the Hong Kong freakout girl who thinks people are coming at her with shopping carts at Costco, the wacky parents who want their kid charged with burglary for coming to get her cat on Christmas and the vile brother-sister combo who sued their father's companion and made asses of themselves with regard to patio furniture. If I don't fall asleep, I'll add the shrunken pants in the dryer to the mix. This would definitely be a Cheeseballs day if I still had that ep. 

I didn't get the parents of the son that died episode yesterday which is odd. I remember it well though. Ugh.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Those friends were truly inspiring human beings.

That is definitely worth mentioning.  I was so freaked out by the horrible family that I completely forgot to say how lucky a person would be to have just one friend like that in the last days of life, let alone three.  Too bad they didn't just send his money to some wonderful charity that the parents would inevitably disapprove of, so they could choke on that, along with not getting his toenail clippings.

ETA:  I didn't see your post until after I submitted mine, configdotsys.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Edited by Mondrianyone
simultaneous typing
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

So I'm having a bad day because just a few short months ago, my husband died very suddenly and I'm just devastated.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  Sympathies and hope for peace and strength!  Big hugs from your friends here in JJ land.

What a lineup you have!  Dang! It's like you got the "greatest hits" version.  Does TimeLife offer that as a DVD collection?!

Speaking of PB, has that episode ever been rerun? 

I liked the purple-haired section 8er that re-ran the other day. Def's comment about sawing off the branch she was sitting on cracks me up every time.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  Sympathies and hope for peace and strength!  Big hugs from your friends here in JJ land.

What a lineup you have!  Dang! It's like you got the "greatest hits" version.  Does TimeLife offer that as a DVD collection?!

Speaking of PB, has that episode ever been rerun? 

I liked the purple-haired section 8er that re-ran the other day. Def's comment about sawing off the branch she was sitting on cracks me up every time.

Thank you. Being a widow at 49 is not the way things are supposed to be!

I had so many great ones until my DVR went poof and took the shows with it. Shame that they don't rerun old episodes much more frequently. They should issue a DVD series with the top 12 shows from each year on each disk. I would buy that in a heartbeat. 

• Love 4

So I'm having a bad day because just a few short months ago, my husband died very suddenly and I'm just devastated. I am getting through the day by watching a JJ mini-marathon from my DVR

Configdotsys, I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers and good thoughts to you. Nothing like a little Ms. Patricia Bean to clear your sadness at least for a moment

And is that the crazy little voodoo doll from Trilogy of Terror on your avatar? Lord have mercy, that thing used to scare the crap outta me, sticking the knife under the door and flying out of the oven like that. 

• Love 3